User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 8/7/2014 5:26:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Bump.

I'm getting the itch to re-up my account...
View Quote

Same. Last time I quit was because the Corp I was in fell apart. It's no fun flying alone.
Link Posted: 8/19/2014 8:50:04 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Same. Last time I quit was because the Corp I was in fell apart. It's no fun flying alone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bump.

I get back in the states Aug. 28. Then I have to find an apartment/job... Hopefully I can start flying in mid-September!

Link Posted: 8/20/2014 9:55:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bump.

The friends that were supposed to start it up with me again all bailed again, basically it was all going to be me being Director of things, and I just wanted pew pew.
Link Posted: 8/26/2014 11:27:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Re-Up anyway and find a pure pew pew corp.  Join Hard Knocks in a WH, those guys look like they blow a lot of stuff up. :)

Onyx
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 12:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]
The problem is time. I barely have enough time to get some games in on World of Tanks, and even then it's risky sometimes in that if I need to get away from the keyboard in a hurry, it screws everyone over. I have 1 toddler, and maybe another on the way, so having a game I can't pause is not always a good thing.

The other problem with time is ISK making, and add to that being able to actually participate in a pew pew corp. I can't always dedicate time anymore because things come up, and for example Black Legion. was looking to have at least 10hrs a week active. I just can't swing that, because when am I supposed to ISK up? If the time active is doing roams and stuff, I'd have no time to make ISK, which btw I find boring. Lvl 4's just don't make the isk/hr I'd need, even in a pimped Paladin. The economy and ship costs isn't very condusive for those of us with jobs and babies to be active in a proper alliance or even pew pew corp. It really sucks because my account could be very valuable, but now it just sits there with no way to recoup any of the cost since acct selling for $$$ is I believe banned.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 8:32:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The problem is time. I barely have enough time to get some games in on World of Tanks, and even then it's risky sometimes in that if I need to get away from the keyboard in a hurry, it screws everyone over. I have 1 toddler, and maybe another on the way, so having a game I can't pause is not always a good thing.

The other problem with time is ISK making, and add to that being able to actually participate in a pew pew corp. I can't always dedicate time anymore because things come up, and for example Black Legion. was looking to have at least 10hrs a week active. I just can't swing that, because when am I supposed to ISK up? If the time active is doing roams and stuff, I'd have no time to make ISK, which btw I find boring. Lvl 4's just don't make the isk/hr I'd need, even in a pimped Paladin. The economy and ship costs isn't very condusive for those of us with jobs and babies to be active in a proper alliance or even pew pew corp. It really sucks because my account could be very valuable, but now it just sits there with no way to recoup any of the cost since acct selling for $$$ is I believe banned.
View Quote

I'm in the same boat with a toddler. I get an hour or two after she goes to bed, and that's if I'm not doing something with my wife.
But on the ISK issue, you're working, just buy a plex. Even good grinding doesn't pay as well as a decent job.

I've got 4 toons doing PI in W-Space and I was able to plex one account and have isk left over for pew, until PLEX shot up past 600 million, then I said fuck it and just paid for the account.

I sometimes run level 4s just for something I can do and not have to be on comms, and be able to step away as needed. But it's not an isk making activity for me, I just can't spend enough time grinding them.

You could try Faction Warfare, you can solo it, and make isk by plexing and blitzing FW Level 4 missions.
I've been staying away because I don't have a spare toon, and I don't want to lose access to areas of space by being in a faction.
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 2:46:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat with a toddler. I get an hour or two after she goes to bed, and that's if I'm not doing something with my wife.
But on the ISK issue, you're working, just buy a plex. Even good grinding doesn't pay as well as a decent job.

I've got 4 toons doing PI in W-Space and I was able to plex one account and have isk left over for pew, until PLEX shot up past 600 million, then I said fuck it and just paid for the account.

I sometimes run level 4s just for something I can do and not have to be on comms, and be able to step away as needed. But it's not an isk making activity for me, I just can't spend enough time grinding them.

You could try Faction Warfare, you can solo it, and make isk by plexing and blitzing FW Level 4 missions.
I've been staying away because I don't have a spare toon, and I don't want to lose access to areas of space by being in a faction.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All I really wanted to do in this game again was roll with BL. That type of coordinated fleet makeup, and the occasional fast roam in HACs/AF/Dictors were what I really just wanted to do as often as I could, I just can't easily support buying all the ships, having backups for each doctrine, and somehow making ISK at the same time.

Why not plex? I used to when I was single and had money, but refer back to babies. With the out of pocket medical costs we've been encountering, I just can't really do plex's all the time now. Already put enough $$$ into this game that I don't have time to support.
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 12:19:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 1:49:33 AM EDT
[#9]
Anyone here in ADHOC?
Link Posted: 10/10/2014 12:50:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Big jump changes incoming. They've thankfully walked back some of the JF changes, otherwise some parts of null would of had a really bad time.

http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=378426&find=unread

Link Posted: 10/20/2014 2:14:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got back into the game for a 10-day trial. Might just have to resub. Holy PLEX prices, batman,,,
Link Posted: 10/20/2014 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just got back into the game for a 10-day trial. Might just have to resub. Holy PLEX prices, batman,,,
View Quote

Same. What's your name?
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 3:40:21 AM EDT
[#13]
few of us hang out in the ingame  channel arfcom
Link Posted: 10/24/2014 6:18:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm almost always in the Arfcom Chan but hardly ever say anything.
Link Posted: 10/25/2014 11:52:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm almost always in the Arfcom Chan but hardly ever say anything.
View Quote

That's because your a dirty testie.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:37:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Any Arfcommers in a decent wormhole corp? I started in wormholes a few years back and have been there through most of my eve career. I got bored with the Tech 3 wormhole hugging and have spent the last while in NPC null. Been thinking about going back to wormholes, but don't feel like trying to stake out a place alone, (well nearly alone, a couple of guys I have been flying with a while are wanting to head back to w-space as well). All the w-space changes have me hoping things may be going to shake up.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:44:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Any Arfcommers in a decent wormhole corp? I started in wormholes a few years back and have been there through most of my eve career. I got bored with the Tech 3 wormhole hugging and have spent the last while in NPC null. Been thinking about going back to wormholes, but don't feel like trying to stake out a place alone, (well nearly alone, a couple of guys I have been flying with a while are wanting to head back to w-space as well). All the w-space changes have me hoping things may be going to shake up.
View Quote

Give Future Corps a try. i have been with them for over two years and have no interest in leaving.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 3:55:39 PM EDT
[#18]
SSC huh. Maybe. They may be a little bigger corp than what I was looking for. How much null sec roaming do yall do?
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SSC huh. Maybe. They may be a little bigger corp than what I was looking for. How much null sec roaming do yall do?
View Quote

We go out there! A little BLOPsing here and there.
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 10:26:51 AM EDT
[#20]
New wormhole space coming.  Named system called (i think) Thera.

CCP Fozzie described it as "Jita without CONCORD"    
Link Posted: 11/7/2014 3:28:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
New wormhole space coming.  Named system called (i think) Thera.

CCP Fozzie described it as "Jita without CONCORD"    
View Quote

What is this you speak of? and where you find it?
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm thinking about getting back in - updating my client now, should be done tonight.

I'm starting completely fresh, with a new character and no funds. I figure the SP I have on my old characters would be outweighed by their age.

I've not entirely decided what route I'm taking, but I've already gone the PvP-first route and got my ass handed to me repeatedly. This time will be more solitary, and I'll probably spend my first couple of weeks in highsec building a bankroll. I figure I should be able to do the newb missions to amass 1m ISK or so (and maybe a Venture?), then station trade my way to 500m before setting out to bigger and better things. I'll probably specialize in industry, mining support or salvage.

I've not gone over this whole thread yet, but if any Arfcom-oriented corps out there want an additional support member, give me a shout. If there's a role you need filled, maybe I can help :)
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 2:36:38 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm thinking about getting back in - updating my client now, should be done tonight.

I'm starting completely fresh, with a new character and no funds. I figure the SP I have on my old characters would be outweighed by their age.

I've not entirely decided what route I'm taking, but I've already gone the PvP-first route and got my ass handed to me repeatedly. This time will be more solitary, and I'll probably spend my first couple of weeks in highsec building a bankroll. I figure I should be able to do the newb missions to amass 1m ISK or so (and maybe a Venture?), then station trade my way to 500m before setting out to bigger and better things. I'll probably specialize in industry, mining support or salvage.

I've not gone over this whole thread yet, but if any Arfcom-oriented corps out there want an additional support member, give me a shout. If there's a role you need filled, maybe I can help :)
View Quote

I run missions in hi sec (for the most part) and you can have my loot/salvage if you want. I'm in my own corp.

Lookup JordanParey in game.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I figure the SP I have on my old characters would be outweighed by their age.
View Quote

People will misjudge your abilities based on your age, but apart from that, the age of your character shouldn't matter.
Whatever reputation that toon might have might be an issue. But not skills.
I don't know how many SP that toon has, but if it's more than a little it might be worth resubbing that, than starting afresh.
You can still do the career missions.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

People will misjudge your abilities based on your age, but apart from that, the age of your character shouldn't matter.
I don't know how many SP that toon has, but if it's more than a little it might be worth resubbing that, than starting afresh.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I figure the SP I have on my old characters would be outweighed by their age.

He's -4.1 sec, and has been much deeper red in the past. I also pissed off a good part of Providence back in the day, massacring Amarr industrials outside stations with my Hound. Roleplaying is apparently fun when you control large sections of null, but not when a participant in a slave uprising just cost you a half billion ISK and got away.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 12:02:28 PM EDT
[#26]
You can buy back sec status now pretty easily I think. I'm not for sure on all the details of how to do it, but it would probably be worth it for you.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 1:31:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
You can buy back sec status now pretty easily I think. I'm not for sure on all the details of how to do it, but it would probably be worth it for you.
View Quote

Meh - I'm far less combat-focused than I once was, and I want a fresh start. I'm perfectly happy with a new toon. I can always re-up the old one later.

Name is "Mariam Altuin", by the way. I'm banging around the Rens area at the moment doing the new missions while I skill up and build capital.

I played about a half hour at lunch today, and I've got about 1.8m ISK in the bank, a Wreathe, and a Venture. I've also got a couple of short-run BPCs with good stats that I can use to make a handful of frigates and modules once I get around to it. My goal is 50m by the end of the week, and at that point I'll buy up out of my trial account and start making progress toward the skills necessary to survive in null. By the end of the month I hope to be ~250m in the bank and skilled to the point that I can start working on standing for Thukker or ORE depending on my mood.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#28]
CCP put out a cool new trailer. Its based on player recorded/streamed fleets with voice coms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2X1MIR1KMs
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 11:22:12 AM EDT
[#29]
A pirates life for me.
Link Posted: 11/30/2014 3:54:37 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
CCP put out a cool new trailer. Its based on player recorded/streamed fleets with voice coms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e2X1MIR1KMs
View Quote

It almost makes me want to start playing again....
Link Posted: 12/4/2014 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/5/2014 3:01:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Elite Dangerous looks meh; I'm redownloading now...
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 3:48:54 PM EDT
[#33]
So do we have a corps?
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:30:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So do we have a corps?
View Quote

There is one but tbh, your better off finding one. When I was in it a couple years ago all they did was spin ships in jita. I doubt much haschanged.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:01:48 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

There is one but tbh, your better off finding one. When I was in it a couple years ago all they did was spin ships in jita. I doubt much haschanged.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So do we have a corps?

Nah, we just hang out in the in game channel arfcom
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So do we have a corps?

I'm usually in it but nobody talks. Half the people in it is the same guy on 3 alts.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:17:36 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm usually in it but nobody talks. Half the people in it is the same guy on 3 alts.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So do we have a corps?

I talk to Verdi now and then, I've  got like 15 channels open in game, plus jabber so if it isn't blinking I'm not looking at it =p
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:00:09 AM EDT
[#38]
So, clone replacement costs are going buhbye? I had 50+ Mil SP, the clones were getting ludicrous. If only they'd find a way for you to participate in big fleet PVP and make money doing it, I'd dump WoT for a bit and get hardcore into EVE again. There's just not enough time to sustain the bank account while sneaking in a few hrs PVP.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:14:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So, clone replacement costs are going buhbye? I had 50+ Mil SP, the clones were getting ludicrous. If only they'd find a way for you to participate in big fleet PVP and make money doing it, I'd dump WoT for a bit and get hardcore into EVE again. There's just not enough time to sustain the bank account while sneaking in a few hrs PVP.
View Quote

Yeah, it's like having a job to risk a bunch of money for no gain.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:11:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

SRP

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 12:27:28 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Also if you don't want your account anymore, I'd be happy to take away that evil temptation.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:46:55 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Also if you don't want your account anymore, I'd be happy to take away that evil temptation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, I have a lot tied up in that and my alt. If you liquidated everything it would be billions.

But I don't think I'm totally done yet
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Lol, I have a lot tied up in that and my alt. If you liquidated everything it would be billions.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Havent been on Eve in quite some time. Kinda miss my Hurricane.

Should I update and try it again yall?
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:01:51 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm having quite a bit of fun.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

I think everyone misses the Hurricane.
But ya, I was really wishing I was in a Hurricane when my Epithal was getting shredded earlier tonight.
Link Posted: 12/15/2014 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#47]
The skin updates look so good. Amarr ships are sexy.
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#48]
I tried this back in February but never could get going with it.
Got stuck in the first mining mission since every time I'd go to the designated location, nothing was there. The on-line help people were totally useless. Their advice was that other rookies had already gone there and mined it all, so I had to go find another system that wasn't already mined. OK, where is that? Oh, out there. You have to find it. How? Oh, just start jumping to systems, you'll eventually find it. Go look for an hour and nothing. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer.   Finally said just fuck it.

Is there a way to wipe the account and restart, or would just uninstalling and restarting with a new account be better?
Link Posted: 12/21/2014 11:27:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Got stuck in the first mining mission since every time I'd go to the designated location, nothing was there. The on-line help people were totally useless. Their advice was that other rookies had already gone there and mined it all, so I had to go find another system that wasn't already mined. OK, where is that? Oh, out there. You have to find it. How? Oh, just start jumping to systems, you'll eventually find it. Go look for an hour and nothing. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer. Next night, same shit. same stupid answer.   Finally said just fuck it.

Is there a way to wipe the account and restart, or would just uninstalling and restarting with a new account be better?
View Quote

You don't need to reactivate your old account, if you don't want to. Uninstalling and restarting won't affect your account. If the game is still on your computer, it'll install the updates when you fire it up. If you don't want your old account, just create a new one.

As to keeping your old toon, or starting fresh, I'd say it depends on how much time you've invested in the first, and doing what.
Failing a career mission is easily overcome, it won't hold you back to the point of starting a new toon.

If you get frustrated trying to find high sec ore to mine, the game might not be for you.
Try finding a fight.
Link Posted: 12/22/2014 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

Eve is one of those games where you have to help yourself.  There is a high learning curve and no one is going to hold your hand.

You should just keep your old account.  It will have some skills trained that you won't have to redo.
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top