Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Official BF3 for PS3 Thread (Page 4 of 210)
Page / 210
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 9:38:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:
Sent a request to join the platoon- screen name BlakJak-6

I'm a noob at battlefield and my online play so far is terrible.  This game requires a lot more skill and strategy than COD.

u aint kidding about needing skill to play i was being raped when i used the SVD with the starting scope got the ten kills then in rapid succession raped the other team with the pso scope.[;)

11 kills with in 3 minutes.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2193808/4/353404947/

Link Posted: 11/1/2011 11:59:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dboy11] [#2]
PSN name is [MINT]skoalstar

I applied to join
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 12:55:19 PM EDT
[#3]
has the official ARF squad gone hardcore only?
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By zaskar017:
has the official ARF squad gone hardcore only?

I don't, I play regular rush or conquest, depending on how sexy I want to feel that day.

Psn: unmotomarine0351
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 2:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I applied Tyler
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 2:44:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DesignatedMarksman] [#6]
SDM502INF

ETA: Applied
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 3:11:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Played with Tyler this morning After he shot me in the face a few times lmfao he invited me to join him.

Was fun.

Conquest is where it is at i am seeing that now averaging 3500 points to 5500 points
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 6:29:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Fooboy] [#8]
Any *good* heli-pilots or heli-gunners out there want to play @ 9:00 PM EST?  I want to get more combat chopper unlocks.

I am a fairly good heli-pilot, I use Stealth, flares and Air-air missles .... and looking for a gunner who has air-to-ground missle unlocked ... maybe use stealth as well.

I can play heli-gunner as well, need 1000 more chopper points to unlock air-to-ground missles.

ETA:  I pull in 25-35 kills on infantry maps and take flags like crazy ... im engineer.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 6:53:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Jinxsters:
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Originally Posted By RePp:
Originally Posted By NapeSticksToKids:
Originally Posted By RePp:
After playing the game for 4 hours Im done with it. Well guess Ill play it tell MW3 comes out. The multiplayer stuff is the most enraging shit I have ever played.

seriously? and you think MW3 will be better?

ill just sit here and wait for when you get enraged at the people shooting at you from inside walls and up in the sky

Ya if I had to pick one game 2 months ago I would have picked BF3 for sure. After playing it not being able to aim, unlock guns very fast at all, taking ungodly damage before dying and spawn rape Im done. I played BF2 for years and fuckin loved it.  

Sounds like you're playing TDM which spawns you right in front of the enemy. Reason why I don't play TDM. There is also a HC mode which I was told two shots you're dead. Though I do like the radar on regular, because like in real life you can hear the enemy shoot and you can see where they fired on the map, which I do like. I however don't like unloading a mag on someone and then it seems like I get one shotted all the time.

Why play TDM in BF anyways?

There is only one mode - CONQUEST.

RUSH is a distant second.

Rush I feel I have an objective to complete while putting my foot up the ass of others. Conquest I feel like a dog chasing my tail, but I suppose it's okay. TDM I agree. Spawned and pwned is not fun to me.

I'm not a huge Conquest fan, but I seem to get way more points in it than playing Rush.  So I've been playing it a lot lately to rank up.

But I agree, Rush has a more direct objective, and I generally like it more.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Fooboy:
Any *good* heli-pilots or heli-gunners out there want to play @ 9:00 PM EST?  I want to get more combat chopper unlocks.

I am a fairly good heli-pilot, I use Stealth, flares and Air-air missles .... and looking for a gunner who has air-to-ground missle unlocked ... maybe use stealth as well.

I can play heli-gunner as well, need 1000 more chopper points to unlock air-to-ground missles.

ETA:  I pull in 25-35 kills on infantry maps and take flags like crazy ... im engineer.

I don't have AGMs yet but im an all right Helo pilot if you wanna link up

Psn is unmotomarine0351
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 8:31:43 PM EDT
[#11]
we need to get a time set where a bunch of us can link up online
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#12]
IM sent.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 10:07:17 PM EDT
[#13]
What does stealth do for helicopters? I keep getting shot down left and right by missiles even when using it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2011 10:20:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Makes it harder for them to lock on...supposedly
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:30:39 AM EDT
[#15]
we need to get a time set where a bunch of us can link up online

I'm usually on the weekdays Sun-thurs 4am-7am, and Friday and Saturday 8pm-6am since those are my days off, and I'm not a party going person.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 3:30:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I work 12-hour rotating shifts.  There's no specific time I'm on.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:20:58 PM EDT
[#17]
What is the point of Stingers now that everybody has upgraded air vehicles? The first few days of launch I at least got hits on aircraft. Now even with lock after flares are deployed I still don't even get a hit?

OH and is anybody else having "no hits" with the SMAW? I don't register hits with it, but I can with the RPG.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Once people get more upgrades some people don't use flares.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 2:47:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gelgoog] [#19]
deleted
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 6:57:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: flyfishnepa] [#20]

Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

Originally Posted By flyfishnepa:

anyone know when you unlock the sig553?  that's my goal right now.  my next unlock in the engineer class is the javelin.

oh, the m4 unlock for the engineer class is 3 shot burst and semi

I've been whoring out the Engineer class too.  I hate to say it, but so far, the 2 things I've been excited about unlocking.......quickly turned to disappointment.  Those 2 things were the EOD Bot and the Javelin.

The EOD Bot is ridiculously clumsy and slow (not that I was expecting anything super easy, as it would be overpowered if it was).  The Javelin only has 2 shots (maybe there is a specialization that allows you to carry more rockets? Not sure).  I've yet to be able to actually blow up a tank with those 2 shots, only disable them.  Also, it's vehicle-lock only.  You can't free-fire it.

But I will say, I watched a YouTube video that showed a guy doing something that might help.  After he got a lock on a tank, he would quickly aim skyward and immediately fire.  So it would come down onto the top of the tank.

yeah, i played with the eodbot a little bit in beta and it was pretty hard to control.  sucks that the javelin in only vehicle lock on.

what's the unlock after the javelin?

That's the last launcher you unlock.  I've maxed out the Engineer class as of last night.

After the javelin, you unlock the G36 (which I love, BTW), and then you unlock the "acquired" M4A1 and 74U.  Meaning, you can then use them no matter what country you're playing for.  The very last thing for the Engineer class is some rifle that you can only unlock with a shit-ton of Co-Op points. Doubt I'll be getting that one.

yeah, got the g36 last night.  pretty good but my favorite is probably the aek-971.  wish it was in the engineer class though.  

Link Posted: 11/2/2011 9:36:53 PM EDT
[#21]
WTF.  You can't kill an enemy with the defibrillator?
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 10:38:37 PM EDT
[#22]

yeah, got the g36 last night.  pretty good but my favorite is probably the aek-971.  wish it was in the engineer class though.  

This is the only thing I don't agree about this game. It has WAY more weapons and different type of weapons then MW3 (I looked them up, they don't even have any new assault rifles from what it looks like) but the difference is MW you can use whatever you feel comfortable with. Still this game is head over heels better then the other MW games. BF3 is going to be extremely hard to top IMO.
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 10:39:48 PM EDT
[#23]

LoL Just stab the fucker, you get their secondary dog tag too. I just picked up the Dr.Pepper promotional dog tag by stabbing someone. It's the one with pirate on it going argghh!!!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2011 11:24:05 PM EDT
[#24]
http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/2799602/4/353404947/

I am proud of this 1 i was fucking shit up left and right best game ever. for me Mines and rockets verse tanks.

Conquest for the win.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:01:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By CrazedCat:

I am proud of this 1 i was fucking shit up left and right best game ever. for me Mines and rockets verse tanks.

Conquest for the win.

Nice check me out I'm a Killing Machine
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:12:23 AM EDT
[#26]

LoL Just stab the fucker, you get their secondary dog tag too. I just picked up the Dr.Pepper promotional dog tag by stabbing someone. It's the one with pirate on it going argghh!!!!

Oh, trust me,  I knife people like crazy.  I just want to be able to kill someone with a life saving device, lol.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:29:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Conquest for the win.

Nice check me out I'm a Killing Machine

Congrats i am working on that but playing as an Engineer i won't get to the high levels of killing closest i came to 20 was 19.

i love going after the tanks poor bastards aint figured it out yet mines mean death or i am luring u in to backing in to my other trap.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 12:29:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#28]

Oh, trust me,  I knife people like crazy.  I just want to be able to kill someone with a life saving device, lol.

going to pick up a few Dr peppers tomorrow i want the camo and a couple of the Tags there is a 6 wolf 1 i am suprised u all did not see it yet.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 4:16:17 AM EDT
[#29]

going to pick up a few Dr peppers tomorrow i want the camo and a couple of the Tags there is a 6 wolf 1 i am suprised u all did not see it yet.

I saw the wolf tag. I've entered two codes so far and dr pepper says they are invalid codes, but I got them both off of 20oz caps......WTF
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 8:38:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Tyler315:

I saw the wolf tag. I've entered two codes so far and dr pepper says they are invalid codes, but I got them both off of 20oz caps......WTF

Interesting ok will pick up the 1 liter the 16 oz and the 20 and see what happens going out today,

Supposedly it is on them plus the fountain drinks at certain fast food places.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Ok what the hell are we talking about
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 11:02:40 AM EDT
[#32]

Certain companies offer free "extras" for BF3, if you buy their product.  Dr. Pepper has codes that will give you dog tags to use in-game, and apparently, some sort of camo.
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 11:16:13 AM EDT
[#33]

I got a kill with the repair torch. I was repairing a tank and a guy ran up to place C4 on it I think, and I charged him with the torch. Took a second but I got the kill!

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 4:38:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NapeSticksToKids] [#34]

Certain companies offer free "extras" for BF3, if you buy their product.  Dr. Pepper has codes that will give you dog tags to use in-game, and apparently, some sort of camo.

suhweet. i got a roaring dog tag and dr pepper camo, whatever that is.

what other companies are doing stuff?

ETA: not on my PS3 yet, but from the picture it looks to be UCP-Delta for US and something greeny for RU'

Link Posted: 11/3/2011 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#35]

suhweet. i got a roaring dog tag and dr pepper camo, whatever that is.

what other companies are doing stuff?

I'm sure there's more than I know about, but here's another way to get some cool extras: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_119/1248726_Free_Act_of_Valor_dog_tags_for_BF3____All_platforms_.html
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#36]
WOOT so went to the Dr pepper Promo got the Camo the 6 Wolves tag and the Bones tag WOOT.PS3

Codes working

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 11:11:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Erik_O] [#37]
Nape, what's the deal? Stop playing Minecraft, I need somebody to play Coop with.
In other news, MadCowRacer and I were an unstoppable tornado of armored death last night.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 11:43:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: CrazedCat] [#38]
Originally Posted By Erik_O:
Nape, what's the deal? Stop playing Minecraft, I need somebody to play Coop with.

In other news, MadCowRacer and I were an unstoppable tornado of armored death last night.

Hell i just went and commited rape in game for the last hour Poor bastards do not under stand get hit get down oh wait.

IRVN Nukes that thought the Suppressor makes em go hmm but by then their meeting the doom.

Who ever said SCAR is Inaccurate past 100 meters is not using Single shot.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 11:47:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Hell i just went and commited rape in game for the last hour Poor bastards do not under stand get hit get down oh wait.

IRVN Nukes that thought the Suppressor makes em go hmm but by then their meeting the doom.

Are you having a stroke?  

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Are you having a stroke?  

Naw 1 of them days tired lol.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:24:11 PM EDT
[#41]

I leave my ps3 on all the time so I wasn't actually online when you sent me the invites.

Im definitely down for some coop tho, I want the ebr.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:28:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh and me and fooboy  have been totally ASS raping with the attack chopper. Im talking about bloody asshole needing stitches.

we need to all link up, we would have a great team.

Ill be on off and on all night starting at 1700 est
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#43]

Oh and me and fooboy  have been totally ASS raping with the attack chopper. Im talking about bloody asshole needing stitches.

we need to all link up, we would have a great team.

Ill be on off and on all night starting at 1700 est

Excellent, I need top cover when I'm tanking.  I expect to be available tonight sometime after 8:30 CDT.

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#44]
How do we find other AR15 members online to play with?  I joined the platoon and changed my clan tag, but I have yet to see any other arfcommers in game.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 2:59:15 PM EDT
[#45]
How do we find other AR15 members online to play with?  I joined the platoon and changed my clan tag, but I have yet to see any other arfcommers in game.

As far as I can tell, the platoon relates to nothing in-game.  You still need to join or invite to get in a game with friends.
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 3:58:32 PM EDT
[#46]

That is an excellent question.  It seems that you need to be PSN friends and the "platoon" is more decoration compared to clans in COD or the like.  Anybody with better information please chime in!

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 4:59:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Yup, this seems to be accurate info with the multiplayer link up. You need to directly add guys in our squad on your PSN to link up for game play. The battle  log squad adds are for clout only.
I'll be hitting some of you up tonight on the friend request .  (MK10mmG29)  is my tag so if ya see the request know it's me. Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:10:41 PM EDT
[#48]
Someone should edit the first page with all the names.

Mine is unmotomarine0351
Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:14:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Someone should edit the first page with all the names.

Mine is unmotomarine0351

JnyJny

Link Posted: 11/4/2011 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#50]

Originally Posted By Another_Dude:

If I get time after work I'll update the OP w/ the PSN names of everyone in this thread.  Or I'll just say fuckit and play BF3.

Guess A_D said "fuckit".

Page / 210
Official BF3 for PS3 Thread (Page 4 of 210)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top