Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/19/2017 12:25:30 AM EDT
This year a number of us have been trying to improve our general fitness. That's chronicled over here. Phase 1 ran from the beginning of January through June 1st.

This is a thread in which I will add a poll, and you, the reader, can help determine which of us did the best job. I'll let this run for about a week, and then I'm going to send a PMAG to the winner. We'll be doing a Phase 2, which will run June 1st through New Years.

ETA: This is bullshit. Poll added, but only six options are allowed. Since there are 7 entries, if you want to vote for me, mention so in thread and don't actually vote for anyone in-poll (if you still need to see results, just click vote without making a selection).

I've got 7 complete entries. Note that pictures should be viewed in either left->right or top->bottom fashion, depending on who took them. All sets (if multiple images) will show side-by-side if your screen is wide enough. Links below should take you to specific result posts, which contain more information/images if you're interested.

ModernDayIsraelite: 229->226, lost 3 lbs, apparently recomped a LOT.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66249644

Zirak (me): 205->183, lost 22 lbs.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66311913

57plymouth: lost 13 lbs
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66334915

Peligro113: 190->175, lost 15 lbs.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66345661

Shane333: 166->171, gained 5 lbs (presumably on purpose )
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66348267

Security_Servant: 228-175, loss of 53 lbs
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66360652

Way-out-west2: lost 25 lbs
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_113/1950325_OFFICIAL---2017-body-transformation-competition.html&page=5#i66363143
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 12:37:46 AM EDT
[#1]
This is a who has the best beard contest right?
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 1:25:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Thx for putting this together.

I voted security servant.  He just kept after it and kicked butt.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 4:57:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thx for putting this together.

I voted security servant.  He just kept after it and kicked butt.
View Quote
I'm going that way too. ModernDayIsraelite looks to have had a very successful recomp at first but it looks like he had a pretty decent foundation to begin with, recomped and got a tan. Servant just straight up lost a shit ton of weight which stuck out more for me.
Link Posted: 6/19/2017 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm going that way too. ModernDayIsraelite looks to have had a very successful recomp at first but it looks like he had a pretty decent foundation to begin with, recomped and got a tan. Servant just straight up lost a shit ton of weight which stuck out more for me.
View Quote
That is true, I did not have a life changing transformation of losing 50 plus pounds...if SS can keep it off and keep going, his life will be way better.  I just look a little better in my after pic.

LOL and yes I did go tanning, that is the first time I have done that.  I felt like such a douche being "that guy" haha.
Link Posted: 6/21/2017 9:34:28 PM EDT
[#5]
And..... Bump

Looks like Security_servant has the lead. This looks like the second contest where I didn't get a vote, and I ain't even mad. Damn, dude.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That is true, I did not have a life changing transformation of losing 50 plus pounds...if SS can keep it off and keep going, his life will be way better.  I just look a little better in my after pic.

LOL and yes I did go tanning, that is the first time I have done that.  I felt like such a douche being "that guy" haha.
View Quote
We'll you're "that guy" now and you're "that guy" will small traps.

Eta-I can't remember if it was you or pancake I recommend the trap work to. Hope it wasn't pancake because if so, I just became "that guy."
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 6:44:35 AM EDT
[#7]
i did vote.

but i'm posting to thank all of you. i have followed the transformation thread. it help provide some motivation.

just hit #200, down 25 since mid february.

you all did good and thank you.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 8:20:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i did vote.

but i'm posting to thank all of you. i have followed the transformation thread. it help provide some motivation.

View Quote
Nicely done, and thanks for the vote.

I would have thought the votes/views ratio would be higher, but it's not.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:13:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
i did vote.

View Quote
Excellent!  Keep it up!  It is a lifestyle change and not just a diet!
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Nicely done, and thanks for the vote.

I would have thought the votes/views ratio would be higher, but it's not.
View Quote
I thought so too.....oh well.  Do we need to start another phase 2 thread or are we using the original thread for progress?
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:01:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I was just gonna use the original.
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

We'll you're "that guy" now and you're "that guy" will small traps.

Eta-I can't remember if it was you or pancake I recommend the trap work to. Hope it wasn't pancake because if so, I just became "that guy."
View Quote
lol it was me, and up until this post of yours, I thought my traps were coming along decently
Link Posted: 6/22/2017 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

lol it was me, and up until this post of yours, I thought my traps were coming along decently
View Quote
I'm giving you a hard time but mainly about the tanning. I need to go get some sun myself. Sitting in an office all day doesn't yield a good tan for showing of the pretty muscles.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 11:13:15 AM EDT
[#14]
This has gone on long enough, and I'm going to declare Security_Servant the winner with over 80% of the vote.

PM me to collect a prize: PMAG, 10$ over PayPal, or something of similar value. Or not, if you only want the satisfaction of having won.

Congrats MDI for getting second, and everyone else for tying for third.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 2:22:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks!!!!!  I'm still watching what I eat and trying to add muscle by doing the starting strength program.  I still have a little fat on my lower abs and love handles, but it is getting smaller everyday.  PM inbound.  Thanks again!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 3:51:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Congrats MDI for getting second, and everyone else for tying for third.
View Quote
lol

And SS, stay after the starting strength program, that is the best next step for you.  congrats on winning!
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

lol

And SS, stay after the starting strength program, that is the best next step for you.  congrats on winning!
View Quote
I will keep after SS.  I have made huge gains since starting.  I can't believe how weak I was at the beginning of the program!  Thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top