User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/16/2015 10:59:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

She wouldn't mind a bit

They don't offer self inject on the T. I do stick myself with another hcg 3 days after the T and initial hcg.

I'm in the middle of Bumfuck and docs that know what they're doing seem to be fewer and far betweener than usual. I suspect I'll be at this place once a week for awhile.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should be on the same dosage for a good while before they change you, especially drop you by so much. I have to drive an hour every week for my shot

Luckily they know what they're doing and the girls and cute and sweet to talk to for a few minutes. I think my cost for T, Hcg and AI is 50 till my insurance kicks in.

Does your clinic have a self inject option?  I guess that takes the cute girl out of the picture though.  

I am sure his wife would not mind jabbing him once a week.

She wouldn't mind a bit

They don't offer self inject on the T. I do stick myself with another hcg 3 days after the T and initial hcg.

I'm in the middle of Bumfuck and docs that know what they're doing seem to be fewer and far betweener than usual. I suspect I'll be at this place once a week for awhile.

Dude that sucks you have to have them do it for you. Just admit you don't mind showing your ass to the cute chick and that's why you're not motivated to self inject. It's OK, I understand. Lol
Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:02:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Blood work came back high so they dropped my weekly dose.

I get tested again in 6 months.  Do it yourself you say?

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 1:17:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 6/19/2015 6:14:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you don't mind saying what were your levels and how long had it been since your last injection?
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

If you don't mind saying what were your levels and how long had it been since your last injection?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I tell mine my test was the day after the injection. She asks no questions.
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I go to a clinic every 7 days.  They check blood levels quarterly, in 2 of the 4 checks they do full workup, lipids, vitamin, etc.  Good news is I'm healthy as a horse.

@MI, 7 days post injection T levels at 995.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2015 8:23:35 PM EDT
[#7]
No update for OP's test results?
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:15:44 PM EDT
[#8]
OK here are me results, sorry for the delay, just got them:

total: 622 ng/dL

free: 14.5 pg/mL

Comments?

Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:25:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Comments?

View Quote

They are low in my opinion. But you're 300ish above the bottom end of the reference range. You might have a hard time finding a doctor to do anything with that unless they are open minded about hrt/TRT.

Mine total t was at the bottom of the numbers and I had several doctors tell me I was fine.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 2:26:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

They are low in my opinion. But you're 300ish above the bottom end of the reference range. You might have a hard time finding a doctor to do anything with that unless they are open minded about hrt/TRT.

Mine total t was at the bottom of the numbers and I had several doctors tell me I was fine.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments?

Considering that I lift 5 days a week, I feel that these numbers are low, and if I want to make any serious gains, they will need to increase.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Considering that I lift 5 days a week, I feel that these numbers are low, and if I want to make any serious gains, they will need to increase.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments?

I will agree that you'll probably have a hard time finding a doctor to treat you with those numbers.  The decision you make to seek treatment is a personal one but I think there are probably still things you can do to stay natural.

You are in the mean of a statistical distribution.

I say that as a very pro-treatment and pro-steroids for everyone kind of guy.  
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Comments?

View Quote

While I support anyone's decision to have higher numbers than that, I think you'll have a very tough time finding a doctor to agree.
Link Posted: 6/21/2015 6:36:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments?

If you look at chart of T by age for a 35-39 yr old the mean is 597.  So you are pretty good for your age. I think you will have a hard time finding a doc to give you TRT.  If you want higher numbers you could try everything to boost test unless you don't care about staying natural.

EDIT:
Did you have these check?
Estradiol
SHGB
LH & FSH
TSH

You said that you have only been lifting your ass of for 10 months. That really is not very long.  How is you diet and programming?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:29:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

While I support anyone's decision to have higher numbers than that, I think you'll have a very tough time finding a doctor to agree.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comments?

Who needs docs?
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 2:30:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I go to a clinic every 7 days.  They check blood levels quarterly, in 2 of the 4 checks they do full workup, lipids, vitamin, etc.  Good news is I'm healthy as a horse.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang nice!!
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:04:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Those numbers are fine. I really doubt your T level is holding you back. If you want to juice then go for it, but I don't think you can call it TRT will levels like that.
Link Posted: 6/22/2015 9:47:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Dang nice!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dang nice!!

That's where I am at and feel good on my TRT dosage.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 7:40:54 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do you have your E2 levels check at the same time?
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:00:39 PM EDT
[#19]
Question for you guys who are doing this to actually get your ass out of the chair and feel like a human...

Before you did the TRT did you cycle much between 'good days' and 'bad days'  or was it just months and months of 'bad days' in a row?

I'm a little afraid that I'll get a blood test on a good day and still cycle between running around getting shit done, and moping around looking for a nap.

Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Question for you guys who are doing this to actually get your ass out of the chair and feel like a human...

Before you did the TRT did you cycle much between 'good days' and 'bad days'  or was it just months and months of 'bad days' in a row?

I'm a little afraid that I'll get a blood test on a good day and still cycle between running around getting shit done, and moping around looking for a nap.

View Quote

I have some pointers on how to crash your levels on the first page, if you want to make sure you get therapy.
Link Posted: 6/24/2015 9:15:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I have some pointers on how to crash your levels on the first page, if you want to make sure you get therapy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw those

I'm just as interested in see the real numbers though, I've had some complications to getting sick a few years ago that might still be biting at my heels, so I really just want the real story first.  Then start self-doctoring. .

Link Posted: 6/25/2015 9:30:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I saw those

I'm just as interested in see the real numbers though, I've had some complications to getting sick a few years ago that might still be biting at my heels, so I really just want the real story first.  Then start self-doctoring. .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WMSFqrUcw0

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw those

I would try and get your real numbers. I think purposely crashing your T so you can get on therapy is silly. I guess poeple do it to basicly get on "legal steriods". But TRT is something you need to do forever once you start sinve it lowers your natural T producton.  So now matter where you move or what insurance you have if you dont want to feel like shit you need TRT.

For you question yes T fluctuates throughout the day and day to day. I would just pick a day and get it tested. I would also have a bunch of other tests done to figure out what is causing your lower T. It could be your thyroid not sending enough signals to make T (which was my case). I went on tyroid meds ($4 per month) and it fixed my T levels.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:49:09 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Always check your e2 levels when doing TRT regardless of dose. I tend to have my e2 run a little higher because anything below the mid 30 range, my joints start to get achy.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 7:43:23 PM EDT
[#24]
I’ve been on testosterone gel – first Androgel and now Fortesta – for over a decade.  Fortesta comes in measured pump cans.  I do two pumps in the morning and two after supper.  

The stuff is magic.  My morning backaches and joint stiffness vanished.  Muscle mass and strength soared.  I can do 15+ dead-hang pullups and over 85 pushups in a minute using the USAF approved form.  

I’m 69 years old.

Just this morning, there was an interview with a local urologist in the paper.  When asked what was the most significant advance in urology for men, he said that without any question it was T therapy.  

Be sure to stay current on your blood work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 2:49:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’ve been on testosterone gel – first Androgel and now Fortesta – for over a decade.  Fortesta comes in measured pump cans.  I do two pumps in the morning and two after supper.  

The stuff is magic.  My morning backaches and joint stiffness vanished.  Muscle mass and strength soared.  I can do 15+ dead-hang pullups and over 85 pushups in a minute using the USAF approved form.  

I’m 69 years old.

Just this morning, there was an interview with a local urologist in the paper.  When asked what was the most significant advance in urology for men, he said that without any question it was T therapy.  

Be sure to stay current on your blood work.
View Quote

Awesome!   Do you know your current total and free T levels?  I'm always curious at what numbers guys start to really feel a difference, although I know it varies from person to person.  I read somewhere that people who need TRT don't tend to respond until their levels are actually higher than normal for their age.
Link Posted: 7/6/2015 3:01:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I would try and get your real numbers. I think purposely crashing your T so you can get on therapy is silly. I guess poeple do it to basicly get on "legal steriods". But TRT is something you need to do forever once you start sinve it lowers your natural T producton.  So now matter where you move or what insurance you have if you dont want to feel like shit you need TRT.

For you question yes T fluctuates throughout the day and day to day. I would just pick a day and get it tested. I would also have a bunch of other tests done to figure out what is causing your lower T. It could be your thyroid not sending enough signals to make T (which was my case). I went on tyroid meds ($4 per month) and it fixed my T levels.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw those

Pituitary not thyroid drives T production.  TSH secreted by the pituitary drives thyroid function.

Link Posted: 7/7/2015 8:15:09 PM EDT
[#27]
I've been on trt for 7 years now.  I've tried the self prescribed method, a trt clinic and now my local urologist.

Using my local Dr us actually cheaper and way easier.  My level was 160 when he checked it.  A vial of cypionate from the pharmacy is $10.  He prescribes 1ml, 200 mg, once every 2 weeks but I do that every week.  I just feel better and get blood work done once a year.  

Liver enzymes stay a little elevated and red blood cell count gets borderline high.  I just give blood once or twice a year and it keeps it all in check.  

Good luck
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 8:03:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Pituitary not thyroid drives T production.  TSH secreted by the pituitary drives thyroid function.

View Quote

Thyroid dysfunction can lower T levels. It's one of the many things you should check before starting injections or whatnot.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Thyroid dysfunction can lower T levels. It's one of the many things you should check before starting injections or whatnot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is some evidence to support that hypothyroidism can interfere with T production but his statement that low T is due to the thyroid not sending the right signals ( paraphrasing here) is completely incorrect.  

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:15:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey guys just got my hormone, CBC, and metabolic labs back. Is there a good all in one resource to compare my numbers to? I'm in the field and on my phone and it's not easy to find stuff.

My T levels are 523 and 13 free after a night of 4 scotches and not a ton a sleep. Guess I'm probably ok there. 34 years old
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:19:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Wrong...
1x every 2 weeks is asking for an emotional rollercoaster which will lead to more problems in the long run
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is better than none.

Wrong...
1x every 2 weeks is asking for an emotional rollercoaster which will lead to more problems in the long run

I do the shots every 2 weeks and I don't think I'm having those kinds of problems.

The idea of stabbing myself in the leg every other day with that monster needle makes my skin crawl.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hey guys just got my hormone, CBC, and metabolic labs back. Is there a good all in one resource to compare my numbers to? I'm in the field and on my phone and it's not easy to find stuff.

My T levels are 523 and 13 free after a night of 4 scotches and not a ton a sleep. Guess I'm probably ok there. 34 years old
View Quote

Get them tested again under normal conditions.

You're a bit low but you're in normal range.  Bottom is 275..top is something like 1100.

If you're trying to crash them to get on TRT which is not recommended.  Do that 3-4 nights in a row and get tested first thing in the morning after your scotch breath wears off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This is good advice. My T was low around 400 and was thinking of doing TRT but I found the threads  I linked above. Found out my thyroid was not functioning right. So i want on meds for my thyroid did not help T levels. Then I read a bunch about thyroid and the importance of iodine. Started taking iodine and that fix my T levels. I am at 700-900 now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you aren't just after legal juice you may want to further explore what is going on to cause the low T like tumors, sleep apnea, etc.

This is good advice. My T was low around 400 and was thinking of doing TRT but I found the threads  I linked above. Found out my thyroid was not functioning right. So i want on meds for my thyroid did not help T levels. Then I read a bunch about thyroid and the importance of iodine. Started taking iodine and that fix my T levels. I am at 700-900 now.

I've been taking the wrong medication for close to 3 months. I thought I "refilled" my synthroid, turns out it was another medication. One that I quit, or so I thought. Just found out today after a refill that the new capsule didn't match which made me read the fucking label and realize... yup I've been off it and feeling like shit. I don't know if that's related but let's just say I've spent a lot of money on what could be a simple fucking mistake.

Always double check your meds, guys.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 4:54:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yup, Ive checked my levels multiple times. Im sitting right at 900, Very little if no side effects. I was at 125 when I started and I was pretty much at the bottom. I was pretty fucked up emotionally and physically. And my job requires allot of physical work. Not just what I do, but where I work.

Side effects? Other then the size of my nuts, for anyone starting. Know that your nuts are going to shrink. It was kind of bothering me at first, then my wife told me that she wasn't interested in my nuts. we already have a kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy shit man, I thought my doc was pretty liberal with his dosage. not that it's any of my business, but is that the standard 200mg/mL test cyp?

Yup, Ive checked my levels multiple times. Im sitting right at 900, Very little if no side effects. I was at 125 when I started and I was pretty much at the bottom. I was pretty fucked up emotionally and physically. And my job requires allot of physical work. Not just what I do, but where I work.

Side effects? Other then the size of my nuts, for anyone starting. Know that your nuts are going to shrink. It was kind of bothering me at first, then my wife told me that she wasn't interested in my nuts. we already have a kid.

200mg doses affected you that much? You dosing that once a week and had such side effects?
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:06:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Mine was 312 at 40 years old.  I started TRT last week, assuming 523 is normal for you it might be worth looking at.

Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's not impressively high but you might have a hard time finding a doctor to help you unless they are open minded. Those numbers are probably why you've stayed in good shape and why you're not seeing a major alow down. Again, not the highest and probably not where you want to be, but still better than a 212 at age 26 like myself.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:22:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah at least I know it's not a primary concern at the moment. That's good. I'm not opposed to going on TRT but don't want to jump into it quite yet.
I'll wait a bit and get tested again maybe next year.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 10:49:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Yeah at least I know it's not a primary concern at the moment. That's good. I'm not opposed to going on TRT but don't want to jump into it quite yet.
View Quote

I wouldn't say it's not a concern. You have the same levels as a 65 year old man and what they should have.

You can find a doctor it just might take some work. The bump of just a few hundred points could make a huge difference in size, strength, speed, and hell, quality of sleep.

Don't dismiss it just yet. But do remember, once you go down the road, it's a commitment. You can come off later if you choose by doing the proper post cycle therapy but I don't think you'll ever see your natural levels be that high again unless you just have good genetics.
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 11:08:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I do the shots every 2 weeks and I don't think I'm having those kinds of problems.

The idea of stabbing myself in the leg every other day with that monster needle makes my skin crawl.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is better than none.

Wrong...

go to once a week or even 2x's a week.  You can use 5/8" insulin pins which are absolutely painless.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:05:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

go to once a week or even 2x's a week.  You can use 5/8" insulin pins which are absolutely painless.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It is better than none.

Wrong...

I thought the needle needs to be thicker and longer so that you can get into the muscle.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:05:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I wouldn't say it's not a concern. You have the same levels as a 65 year old man and what they should have.

You can find a doctor it just might take some work. The bump of just a few hundred points could make a huge difference in size, strength, speed, and hell, quality of sleep.

Don't dismiss it just yet. But do remember, once you go down the road, it's a commitment. You can come off later if you choose by doing the proper post cycle therapy but I don't think you'll ever see your natural levels be that high again unless you just have good genetics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well when you put it that way...

Alright I'll think it over. Thanks for the advice!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I've been on trt for 7 years now.  I've tried the self prescribed method, a trt clinic and now my local urologist.

Using my local Dr us actually cheaper and way easier.  My level was 160 when he checked it.  A vial of cypionate from the pharmacy is $10.  He prescribes 1ml, 200 mg, once every 2 weeks but I do that every week.  I just feel better and get blood work done once a year.  

Liver enzymes stay a little elevated and red blood cell count gets borderline high.  I just give blood once or twice a year and it keeps it all in check.  

Good luck
View Quote

So your running 400mg a week, a very hefty TRT dose.  As long as your blood work comes back in check I guess you're good to go.  A beginner "steroid" cycle is 500-600mg a week.  

What are your T levels at 400mg a week?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:40:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

With your diet and your current progress, you'd blow up on a smallish beginner cycle if you ramped up your eating.  

I'll bet you could put on 10plus pounds of good mass in 12 weeks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:40:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Mine was 312 at 40 years old.  I started TRT last week, assuming 523 is normal for you it might be worth looking at.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you felt any pep in your step yet?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So your running 400mg a week, a very hefty TRT dose.  As long as your blood work comes back in check I guess you're good to go.  A beginner "steroid" cycle is 500-600mg a week.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck

I think he meant 100mg/week, but gets the shot every two weeks.  That's not bad.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you felt any pep in your step yet?

Definitely.  I'd say I've gone from 50% to 75% since Monday.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:43:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck

Yea that's more than your standard TRT dose. You're damn near anabolic which I'm all for but running it that high for so long might take a toll on other parts of your system. Each his own though, if you're God like then by all means, proceed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 9:45:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

On your next test check your thyroid functions as well. T3,t4,tsh. Also check your igf1 levels. If you can figure out how to get your igf1 levels up, that's when it's next level soldier shit.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you have secondary concerns related to symptoms like mood, depression, recovery, lack of sex drive I'd stay away from TRT at this point.

I was at 272 at age 30.  I was a miserable wreck.
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 12:20:42 PM EDT
[#49]
You're right SCW I misread that he isn't on 400mg a week .....I think its 200mg a week.

And glad you're feeling better!
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Unless you have secondary concerns related to symptoms like mood, depression, recovery, lack of sex drive I'd stay away from TRT at this point.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And nownthe government wants to regulate testosterone even more so guys like us can't do it because it's classified as a "designer disease." meanwhile they will pay for your gender reassignment to turn you into a little whiney vegetarian tree hugging bitch.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top