Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 6/9/2015 5:55:11 PM EDT
Scheduled a doctor appointment for the one and only purpose of having my testosterone level checked on Friday.  I'm 37 years old, will be 38 in September.

Obviously a lot will hinge on what the level is, but any advice?   I know there is a basic test and a more advanced test, I should get the more comprehensive one right?  What specifically is that called again?

Been talking to a buddy of mine, he started Testim a couple months ago, says that he hasn't even started lifting yet and already he's putting on muscle and dropping fat.  I've been lifting my ass off for 10 moths with...not enough to show for it, let's say.

I'm hoping to go down the replacement path if things all work out.  Any advice in general?

Thanks guys.

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 6:56:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Scheduled a doctor appointment for the one and only purpose of having my testosterone level checked on Friday.  I'm 37 years old, will be 38 in September.

Obviously a lot will hinge on what the level is, but any advice?   I know there is a basic test and a more advanced test, I should get the more comprehensive one right?  What specifically is that called again?

Been talking to a buddy of mine, he started Testim a couple months ago, says that he hasn't even started lifting yet and already he's putting on muscle and dropping fat.  I've been lifting my ass off for 10 moths with...not enough to show for it, let's say.

I'm hoping to go down the replacement path if things all work out.  Any advice in general?

Thanks guys.

View Quote

Educate yourself via internet, books and the mega-thread going on in GD.  Unfortunately, most doctor's are incompetent when it comes to T replacement therapy.  Don't let them do an injection every 3-4 weeks and ask if they can check your free testosterone, it's the number that really counts.  Also, if your only symptom is being a hard gainer, your T probably isn't low.  

Testosterone replacement mega-thread
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If insurance says no to Androgel...
They will probably let you have T shots every 2 weeks.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 9:08:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell the Dr. to be CERTAIN to test your FREE TEST levels...
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:01:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If insurance says no to Androgel...
They will probably let you have T shots every 2 weeks.
View Quote

Is that effective?

Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:42:15 PM EDT
[#5]
It is better than none.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:45:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Drink a couple beers and don't sleep very much before the test, either.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

not a very true test of your levels, but I guess if you are just trying to get on TRT then that is a way to do it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:51:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2015 10:53:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL  

Make sure you get a copy of the test.  You'll need when you try to find a doc that will treat you.

After the test is done and you have a number, call a local compounding pharmacy and ask them who they compound testosterone for in your area.  Then go see that doc.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:57:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Don't have sex for several days before the blood draw.  Get the blood drawn as late in the day as you can get away with (T levels drop from a morning high).  If you get a scrip, try for self injection, and ask the doc to let you do a half dose every week.  so if total dose is 1.5ml/2wks, ask to inject .75ml/weekly.  You will feel better on a weekly shot rather than 2wks.  The halflife of Tcyp is around 8days.  Weekly injections maintain a more stable T profile.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 9:51:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Don't have sex for several days before the blood draw.  Get the blood drawn as late in the day as you can get away with (T levels drop from a morning high).  If you get a scrip, try for self injection, and ask the doc to let you do a half dose every week.  so if total dose is 1.5ml/2wks, ask to inject .75ml/weekly.  You will feel better on a weekly shot rather than 2wks.  The halflife of Tcyp is around 8days.  Weekly injections maintain a more stable T profile.
View Quote

If doing self injections do every other day or every 3rd day.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:40:10 AM EDT
[#12]
I actually prefer once a week injections, gets me feeling good for a couple of days anyway. Twice weekly I never do feel good with any reasonable TRT dose. I do think Estrogen stays lower on 2x/week injections though.

I'd go ahead and get the comprehensive blood work done unless you've had it done recently. Liver, kidney, red/white blood cells...all that shit. And PSA baseline would be good to get now as well.

Total test
Free test
Estradiol - male estrogen, probably not an issue yet but it's a good one to know.
SHGB - high levels can cause low free vs. total test
LH & FSH - tells you if you are primary or secondary hypo and gives clues as to what may be causing the issue, if hGC is an option, etc. Once you start treatment, these numbers will flatline and become meaningless.

As mentioned above, you should really educate yourself before discussing the actual treatment options with a doc. Some clinics will start shooting you full of test before the results even come back, that's not a good thing. If you aren't just after legal juice you may want to further explore what is going on to cause the low T like tumors, sleep apnea, etc. There are a lot of options out there as far as treatment goes and most of them suck. HCG is something you might want to look into if you get there. Self administered injections are the best option IMO.

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It is better than none.
View Quote

Wrong...
1x every 2 weeks is asking for an emotional rollercoaster which will lead to more problems in the long run
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I actually prefer once a week injections, gets me feeling good for a couple of days anyway. Twice weekly I never do feel good with any reasonable TRT dose. I do think Estrogen stays lower on 2x/week injections though.

I'd go ahead and get the comprehensive blood work done unless you've had it done recently. Liver, kidney, red/white blood cells...all that shit. And PSA baseline would be good to get now as well.

Total test
Free test
Estradiol - male estrogen, probably not an issue yet but it's a good one to know.
SHGB - high levels can cause low free vs. total test
LH & FSH - tells you if you are primary or secondary hypo and gives clues as to what may be causing the issue, if hGC is an option, etc. Once you start treatment, these numbers will flatline and become meaningless.

As mentioned above, you should really educate yourself before discussing the actual treatment options with a doc. Some clinics will start shooting you full of test before the results even come back, that's not a good thing. If you aren't just after legal juice you may want to further explore what is going on to cause the low T like tumors, sleep apnea, etc. There are a lot of options out there as far as treatment goes and most of them suck. HCG is something you might want to look into if you get there. Self administered injections are the best option IMO.

View Quote

Good advice here. Educate yourself and get used to hearing big words. Your health is up to you and no one else. Make urology and endocrinology a hobby and get after it. It's really exciting learning the science behind hormones and how they effect your body.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:20:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I use Testosterone propionate, I have been on it for 2 years. I have extensive medical experience, so I basically going my DO and tell him what I want, and he writes an RX. I do my own injections.  I'm on 6CC every 2 weeks. I split it up into 4 doses. I inject 1.5cc twice a week ( Monday and Thursday). It helps keep the levels more even as opposed to one mega dose, every 2 weeks. I also have been injecting it Subcutaneous, instead of intramuscular. Its not FDA approved for Sub Q, but who gives a shit. My levels are perfect, I feel good and my wife thinks its done wonders for both of us.

If you are afraid of needles man up and get over it, beats the trip.

Buy your own needles and syringes online and in bulk. I get a 1cc syringe with a 21gauge needle, you will want a larger needle when drawing up and injecting an oil based medication.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If you aren't just after legal juice you may want to further explore what is going on to cause the low T like tumors, sleep apnea, etc.
View Quote

This is good advice. My T was low around 400 and was thinking of doing TRT but I found the threads  I linked above. Found out my thyroid was not functioning right. So i want on meds for my thyroid did not help T levels. Then I read a bunch about thyroid and the importance of iodine. Started taking iodine and that fix my T levels. I am at 700-900 now.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I use Testosterone propionate, I have been on it for 2 years. I have extensive medical experience, so I basically going my DO and tell him what I want, and he writes an RX. I do my own injections.  I'm on 6CC every 2 weeks. I split it up into 4 doses. I inject 1.5cc twice a week ( Monday and Thursday). It helps keep the levels more even as opposed to one mega dose, every 2 weeks. I also have been injecting it Subcutaneous, instead of intramuscular. Its not FDA approved for Sub Q, but who gives a shit. My levels are perfect, I feel good and my wife thinks its done wonders for both of us.

If you are afraid of needles man up and get over it, beats the trip.

Buy your own needles and syringes online and in bulk. I get a 1cc syringe with a 21gauge needle, you will want a larger needle when drawing up and injecting an oil based medication.
View Quote

Do you have less water retention issues with prop? I've tried cyp and enan and both give me water weight. Not alot but enough to notice.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:39:00 PM EDT
[#18]
I made a typo, Its Margarita time, I meant to type Cyopinate. My Bad. No I don't have any water retention issues that Ive noticed.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 8:56:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Holy shit man, I thought my doc was pretty liberal with his dosage. not that it's any of my business, but is that the standard 200mg/mL test cyp?
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#20]
As someone who has quite a bit of experience with TRT or HRT...
first trial from a competent physician should always be Clomid.

Period.

End of story.

fail that for side effects, or other reasons?...

Then we would talk injectables.

Test cyp is the first choice... it's what my local compounding parmacy has cheapest.

Patients are generally started out on 80mg/wk if dosed for self injection.  Some opt to do 40mg biweek, retest levels after a month

Increase to a max of 200mg test cyp/wk.   Some prefer daily or QOD subq dosing...  others do weekly or biweekly injections. Rarely is a higher dose RX'd in my experience.
Steady hormone levels are preferred.   I would recommend twice weekly IM injections.  

Addition of HCG, DHEA, estro blockers, etc.  as labs/symptoms dictate

Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:48:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Holy shit man, I thought my doc was pretty liberal with his dosage. not that it's any of my business, but is that the standard 200mg/mL test cyp?
View Quote

Yup, Ive checked my levels multiple times. Im sitting right at 900, Very little if no side effects. I was at 125 when I started and I was pretty much at the bottom. I was pretty fucked up emotionally and physically. And my job requires allot of physical work. Not just what I do, but where I work.

Side effects? Other then the size of my nuts, for anyone starting. Know that your nuts are going to shrink. It was kind of bothering me at first, then my wife told me that she wasn't interested in my nuts. we already have a kid.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yup, Ive checked my levels multiple times. Im sitting right at 900, Very little if no side effects. I was at 125 when I started and I was pretty much at the bottom. I was pretty fucked up emotionally and physically. And my job requires allot of physical work. Not just what I do, but where I work.

Side effects? Other then the size of my nuts, for anyone starting. Know that your nuts are going to shrink. It was kind of bothering me at first, then my wife told me that she wasn't interested in my nuts. we already have a kid.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How long after injection are you sitting at 900?
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 7:46:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is where I feel good. Mid 900 is my TRT numbers I try to get to.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first blood test If I recall was after 1 month. That was 200 mg divided into 8 doses and, it was like 625. From there we moved the dose up every other month after checking my test. I would just call have his assistant send me the lab form, get the labs drawn and she will email me the labs when they come in. I then call him and discuss an increase. At this point Ive been really steady so I check it 2 times a year, prior to going in for a refill.

I did have a high estrogen level for a bit, but I take Magnesium twice a day and that has lowered it quite a bit. I was having some acne breakouts and joint pain when I initially increased the dose and my estrogen we elevated. I have no issues now.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 10:45:54 PM EDT
[#25]
I just started T replacement injections last Saturday.

I did the blood test and my T level was 100, I'm 39.

The doctor said I don't know how the hell I do what I do and he was concerned because he had never seen a T level that low.

So, he sent me to get an MRI on my head, which I did today and will talk some more on Saturday.

They started me on 200ml, the very first injection and to be honest, I didn't notice anything outstanding right away, other than goading my wife into a pretty good argument.

I'm supposed to go back every 7 days for the injections, next one this weekend.

I guess we'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 1:09:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I just started T replacement injections last Saturday.

I did the blood test and my T level was 100, I'm 39.

The doctor said I don't know how the hell I do what I do and he was concerned because he had never seen a T level that low.

So, he sent me to get an MRI on my head, which I did today and will talk some more on Saturday.

They started me on 200ml, the very first injection and to be honest, I didn't notice anything outstanding right away, other than goading my wife into a pretty good argument.

I'm supposed to go back every 7 days for the injections, next one this weekend.

I guess we'll see what happens.
View Quote

If you are taking test cypianate once a week it could take 3-4 weeks for it to fully "kick in" due to the half life of the cypianate ester and how it builds up in your system.  

The hormone testosterone is the same....the diffrent names refer to different esters which determine the rate it  absorbs into your blood stream.  Cypianate, enanthate, prop, etc.  some have shorter half lives which means you need to inject more frequently.

Anytime I hear of a doc that recommends injecting cypianate or enanthate once every 2 weeks rest assured he has no idea what he is doing.  Find a new doc.

You should start to notice at least a small difference in a week or so.  Some do some don't.  

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 2:16:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

My first blood test If I recall was after 1 month. That was 200 mg divided into 8 doses and, it was like 625. From there we moved the dose up every other month after checking my test. I would just call have his assistant send me the lab form, get the labs drawn and she will email me the labs when they come in. I then call him and discuss an increase. At this point Ive been really steady so I check it 2 times a year, prior to going in for a refill.

I did have a high estrogen level for a bit, but I take Magnesium twice a day and that has lowered it quite a bit. I was having some acne breakouts and joint pain when I initially increased the dose and my estrogen we elevated. I have no issues now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean when are you getting your blood work rechecked as compared to your last shot?

I'm on 210mg cyp a week and 7 days post injection my levels are around 900 which is where I feel great.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 4:17:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Always do bloods in the valley. It establishes the bottom number and if you feel good at those numbers, you don't want to go below that.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 5:07:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Always do bloods in the valley. It establishes the bottom number and if you feel good at those numbers, you don't want to go below that.
View Quote

Right...but he's injecting twice a week so really when is the trough?

I actually like his way better.  The previous TRT I was on, I was doing it basically every 3rd day.  If I could do it the way I wanted I'd use prop and tren enanthate.  
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:10:19 PM EDT
[#30]
Update: had blood drawn yesterday morning.  The lab will be doing both free and total.  Should have results by Tuesday.
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I actually like his way better.  The previous TRT I was on, I was doing it basically every 3rd day.  If I could do it the way I wanted I'd use prop and tren enanthate.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do mine every 3.5 days so I do mine a few hours before my next injection.

And yes, prop/tren or prop/mast.

Maybe an oral or two thrown in for good measure. Drol or var!
Link Posted: 6/13/2015 9:48:13 PM EDT
[#32]
So how much does T replacement cost without insurance kicking in?

Alos, how long do you have to do it to see any results, if any?

Link Posted: 6/13/2015 10:07:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Low T Center I went to told me it was going to be $345 a month self-paying.

I got my 2nd injection today.

The doctor told me the same thing ModernDayIsraelite told me above, 3-4 weeks to feel the full effects.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:06:34 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like quoted above. I'm injecting twice a week so that I don't have peaks and valleys. That's also why I inject subQ. The goal is to allow the drug to absorb and metabolize at a steady rate as if your body was making it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 1:08:49 AM EDT
[#35]
L
Quoted:

The doctor told me the same thing ModernDayIsraelite told me above, 3-4 weeks to feel the full effects.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you need to use a clinic for a bit to get comfortable with trt and get it figured out, do it.  

It isn't that hard, once you feel comfortable with it you can just take care of it yourself if you know what I mean.  You can get a good vial of test cyp for 40 bucks (at 200mg a week it will last ten weeks) and do your own blood work whenever you want for about 65 bucks no doc needed.  

Pay for blood test online, go to facility have blood drawn, results emailed to you and then compare to the results from the times you has bloods done at the trt clinic and they said things looked good.  

You could literally do trt for an entire year on your own with 2-3 blood tests a year for less than what they wanna charge a month.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:02:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My insurance will only cover 1 bottle at a time, and I don't like running to the pharmacy all the time. So I get one bottle on my insurance and pay out of pocket for the other one. Google goodRx and type in the medication, coupons will be listed. It kind of looked like junk to me but I used them and they work at CVS. I'm picking up a bottle of the generic for $19
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Check out compounding pharmacies.

Usually cheaper for self paying patients than alternatives.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:40:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
L

If you need to use a clinic for a bit to get comfortable with trt and get it figured out, do it.  

It isn't that hard, once you feel comfortable with it you can just take care of it yourself if you know what I mean.  You can get a good vial of test cyp for 40 bucks (at 200mg a week it will last ten weeks) and do your own blood work whenever you want for about 65 bucks no doc needed.  

Pay for blood test online, go to facility have blood drawn, results emailed to you and then compare to the results from the times you has bloods done at the trt clinic and they said things looked good.  

You could literally do trt for an entire year on your own with 2-3 blood tests a year for less than what they wanna charge a month.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
L
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is good info.  I'm still learning about this stuff and going off of what friends who have done it are telling me.

I am doing it through my insurance so its $30 a week for the injection every Saturday.

Does a doctor give you script to get the test cyp to do it yourself?

I had no idea you could do self injections, I thought you had to go to a doctor.
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

This is good info.  I'm still learning about this stuff and going off of what friends who have done it are telling me.

I am doing it through my insurance so its $30 a week for the injection every Saturday.

I had no idea you could do self injections, I thought you had to go to a doctor.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
L
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lettuce be clear...doing it "yourself", if I'm reading it correctly is outside the legality of the law.  To be clear, I have no problem with it morally.  I would in fact be treating myself if it wasn't for the fact that I'm the sole breadwinner in the family and I have a wife and daughter that I want to come home and see.  Things seem to be loosening on that front, but we are no where near the halcyon days of when you could order in grams of test cyp, get the BA and BB from a local place and mix up a years worth of stuff for about $150.  The damn feds even have the bovine prescription industry on lock down.  Bush junior made sure to jam up the ability of people who solely wanted to use a drug to make themselves better.

Yes, some clinincs or docs will give you a script and allow you to do it yourself.  There are places online that you can submit your bloodwork and basically purchase a cocktail of what you want and the doctor will agree with your prescription.  All very legal, but also very expensive.

How you get treated will depend on your doctor, hence my comment earlier about doctor shopping to get what is convenient for you.  Some doctors will want to use androgel, screw that.  Some will want to give you 200mg every month, screw that.

There is nothing illegal about giving yourself a shot of a prescribed medicine.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:44:35 AM EDT
[#40]
RatherBeLifting is correct above.  

IMO the risk of the police or other agency actually going after a guy who buys cyp from UGLs or under ground labs is so small it's almost non existent.  They do bust the under ground labs from time to time, but from what I gather it's mostly about money and the labs not paying taxes.   There are so many cops out there "on stuff" it would blow your mind.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2015 1:42:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

IMO the risk of the police or other agency actually going after a guy who buys cyp from UGLs or under ground labs is so small it's almost non existent.  They do bust the under ground labs from time to time, but from what I gather it's mostly about money and the labs not paying taxes.   There are so many cops out there "on stuff" it would blow your mind.  

View Quote

Look at how many guys are on YouTube giving advice and telling you how much they take. Rich piana for example will say that he's taken up to 18-20 iu of growth a day, a gram and a half of cyp a week, and a slew of other drugs. Nothings happened to him and he's got more money in in hats and watches than I have in total assets. Plus the chicks tugging on his arms...
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 2:51:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Look at how many guys are on YouTube giving advice and telling you how much they take. Rich piana for example will say that he's taken up to 18-20 iu of growth a day, a gram and a half of cyp a week, and a slew of other drugs. Nothings happened to him and he's got more money in in hats and watches than I have in total assets. Plus the chicks tugging on his arms...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All it's going to take is another event to give the feds a reason to crack down and they will start kicking doors.

I saw too many people go down with Operation Raw Deal and we knew that was coming in advance.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 3:07:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

All it's going to take is another event to give the feds a reason to crack down and they will start kicking doors.

I saw too many people go down with Operation Raw Deal and we knew that was coming in advance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was playing ball when that happened. You should have seen the guys panicking when that went down. Didn't it end in just the manufacturing guys who took the hit?
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I see.  

Nah, I'll keep going to the T place to get the injections, $30 a week isn't bad, considering I used to waste more than that on cigarettes and junk food.

Never been too interested in the Andrgel as I've heard things I don't like about it.

So I started out at 200ml the first time last weekend, this past weekend he hit me with 140ml.  Different doctors, is that normal or should I be cautious with that?

I am starting to feel some effects, curious to see where this goes.

Not trying to hijack OP's thread, hopefully he can use some of this info with answers to my own questions..
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:12:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I see.  

Nah, I'll keep going to the T place to get the injections, $30 a week isn't bad, considering I used to waste more than that on cigarettes and junk food.

Never been too interested in the Andrgel as I've heard things I don't like about it.

So I started out at 200ml the first time last weekend, this past weekend he hit me with 140ml.  Different doctors, is that normal or should I be cautious with that?

Not trying to hijack OP's thread, hopefully he can use some of this info with answers to my own questions..
View Quote

Both the docs work at the same clinic so they go off the same info for you?

That seems odd they would vary the dose like that.  There hasn't been enough time to even see what the doses doing for you. I would ask them what the purpose of that is that would be good to know.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 6:27:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

That seems odd they would vary the dose like that.  There hasn't been enough time to even see what the doses doing for you. I would ask them what the purpose of that is that would be good to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I see.  

It was an odd experience to say the least.  I even told my wife about it.  There was one doc in there at 9am when he opened the door and he seemed flustered.  He couldn't find my paperwork and thought it was my first time there, so he took blood.  I am new to this, so it didn't seem too unusual to me.  It was after he started talking to me and asking questions I had already answered that I felt he didn't know what was going on and I told him this was my second shot.  I was NOT impressed and figured someone in the medical business should know what was going on but it seems they have trouble keeping up with their paperwork.  This place is local to me, the other is about 20 minutes away (Low T Center, also).  I was pretty sure the doc that gave me the first shot said he was going to keep me on that same dose.  3rd times a charm and I will definitely ask questions about how they run things......
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 8:50:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 10:58:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You should be on the same dosage for a good while before they change you, especially drop you by so much. I have to drive an hour every week for my shot

Luckily they know what they're doing and the girls and cute and sweet to talk to for a few minutes. I think my cost for T, Hcg and AI is 50 till my insurance kicks in.
View Quote

Does your clinic have a self inject option?  I guess that takes the cute girl out of the picture though.  
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Does your clinic have a self inject option?  I guess that takes the cute girl out of the picture though.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You should be on the same dosage for a good while before they change you, especially drop you by so much. I have to drive an hour every week for my shot

Luckily they know what they're doing and the girls and cute and sweet to talk to for a few minutes. I think my cost for T, Hcg and AI is 50 till my insurance kicks in.

I am sure his wife would not mind jabbing him once a week.
Link Posted: 6/15/2015 11:09:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top