Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#1]
This video doesn't do any good unless an IDIOT watches it. Ignorant Idiots who know nothing about guns and live in a fantasy world that more laws will prevent evil will not likely watch this video or even understand it. They have a HATE mindset, they HATE what they do not understand and they blame the GUNS not the evil doers.

I have caused a 'stir' on facebook by posting FACTS about GUNS, many people were turned off by it, because I not only proved them wrong but proved at the same time that they have been foolish idiots, that does not sit well with many people!

Gun people understand gun logic, gun haters are usually wearing blinders and won't see anything but delusions that SUPPORT their agenda.

This is the SAD TRUTH!
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:10:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the video demonstrates something else besides speed.  Some antis make the argument that while reloading, the shooter is vulnerable and possibly someone could subdue him/her during this time.  This video shows an example of how a shooter could circumvent that by keeping a round in the chamber and still be lethal while reloading.  Most people would not be able to recognize that the shooter's gun is empty or loaded especially if the slide is not locked back.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately this debate from the left is not about logic, the truth, or anything that makes sense.   Its about building a constituancy that they control.   A constituancy that will keep them in power forever and allow them to mold the county into that which benefits the leftist elite the most.

Take the guns ... and control the masses.  This allows you to do what you wish ..... open the borders and allow anyone to vote.   Give the working "rich" hard earned money to the "new" Americans in an historic "Rob from the Rich and give to the poor" methodology.   Instigate HUGE "get out the vote" efforts that drag the uninformed and societal dependant to the poles with promises of free windfalls from the government coffers.  Cripple the economy so that the masses come crawling to the government for savor as happened in the 1930's.

Sorry ... got on my soap box for a minute.

Pulled this from a forum members sig .....

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. -Winston Churchill
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#4]
They should have added to the video that during a home invasion  you don't have time to put on a chest carrier loaded with magazines.  You're best bet is to have as many rounds as possible already in the firearm so all you have to do is pull it out of the safe.  

During a mass shooting, it's all planned.  So they'll be loaded up with tons of mags in well placed positions for quicker reloads.  Lower capacity mags is not that detrimental to them since an extra 2 seconds for 30 rounds isn't going to make much difference.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:23:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, they sandbagged the hi-cap series so the times looked good, but what they should have been advocating was that low cap magazines are MORE dangerous because they don't jam as often.
Seems like the colorado theater shooter and the AZ shooter both had jamming issues.  Jams are more frequent with higher cap magazines because of the added geometry.
The runner didn't get to the shooter during a standard reload test, but clearing a malfunction would have taken longer giving him more time.
They should be encouraging higher capacity magazines and banning 10 round and less.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]
This is the weakest argument I have ever seen in the defense of hight capacity magazines.

Someone will have a field day with this...

It does defenders of the second no good what so ever.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Yeah, they sandbagged the hi-cap series so the times looked good, but what they should have been advocating was that low cap magazines are MORE dangerous because they don't jam as often.
Seems like the colorado theater shooter and the AZ shooter both had jamming issues.  Jams are more frequent with higher cap magazines because of the added geometry.
The runner didn't get to the shooter during a standard reload test, but clearing a malfunction would have taken longer giving him more time.
They should be encouraging higher capacity magazines and banning 10 round and less.

I believed that the shooter's gun jammed because of using ~30 round magazines in his handgun (a glock I think) or something not from standard cap mags.  Many antis keep using the argument of high cap mags and talk about the 50-100 round drums
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 5:52:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait!  Funded by Armalite?  But Arfcom told me Armalite was evil!  I was so prepared not to take part again in the 12 Days of Armalite this year...

12 days of Larue 2013 ???

+1
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#9]
So what this proves is this:

In self defense, where the defender typically has 1 or 2 Magazines tops,

1) The capacity limitations may mean missing your target more likely, as you are statistically only going to make a hit 1/5th of the time.

2) Under duress, changing a magazine could be a fatal burden for a defender, as the shooter may not reload correctly.

In a Mass Shooting, where the attacker may prepare and bring 30+ magazines,

1) There is no discernible difference in overall rate of fire, as the reload requires a split second.

Therefore, a Magazine restriction has NO effect on a mass shooter, but a severe negative effect on self defense.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:38:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Old dude with 1911. Nice shoot.

The second to last fallacy of gun control goes kerplunk. Only one they will try and stick us with is some registration scheme.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:44:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Preaching to the choir. How do we get that video evidence in front of Feinstein's subcommittee? (Not that they care about truth...)

So she can say "you're right, we should ban ALL guns and ALL magazines".

so she can say "your're right" and we should ban All auto loading weapons and/or weapons w/ detachable magazines.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:45:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Gents, the ONLY argument that we can make that matters is that the Constitution gives us the right to have arms.

Technical demonstrations such as this video, while interesting to us, are a WASTE OF TIME, because the left already has their mind (collective one at that) made up about guns and gun owners.

They would take this same video as proof that OMG!!!! ALL GUNS CAN FIRE TOO FAST BAN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to up our game.  

This is a war of divergent philosophy.  Guns are merely one part of that war.  Arguing on the merits of rates of fire will not win this war for us.
We have to move away from debating the hardware if we are to keep the freedoms that we all hold so dear.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 6:48:44 PM EDT
[#13]
also,

armalite, way to be the "...if we don't sell it then some one else will..." guy

I am very disappoint.  

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:03:13 PM EDT
[#14]
this might make sense to a logical person, but if you show the anti-gun lawmakers that an untrained woman can shoot almost as fast with 6rd mags as 30s then we are just going to end up with 4rd mags or single shot rifles in ban states. forget the fed bans, state bans are how theyre going to screw us because its going to be a lot easier for them to pass at the state level, how many states right now have got ban bills on the horizon?

in california theyre making a law requiring all semi-autos [even pistols apparently] to have a fixed magazine and you cant use a retrofit device on there either. they had sen hancock get up on camera at the state capitol and claim that using a set-screw or bullet button to fix magazines creates "almost an automatic weapon". then immediately afterwards she proudly touted a new law requiring all guns to have a fixed magazine... i thought she just said fixing magazines turns a gun into a machinegun?!! this means you would have to weld the gun shut, and of course as soon as you do that, welded-shut guns will become a new loophole and get banned. what a disgrace to the name hancock, john hancock was the first to sign the bill of rights.

Youtube video: Sen Hancock - fixed magazine = automatic weapon
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:35:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
This video doesn't do any good unless an IDIOT watches it. Ignorant Idiots who know nothing about guns and live in a fantasy world that more laws will prevent evil will not likely watch this video or even understand it. They have a HATE mindset, they HATE what they do not understand and they blame the GUNS not the evil doers.

I have caused a 'stir' on facebook by posting FACTS about GUNS, many people were turned off by it, because I not only proved them wrong but proved at the same time that they have been foolish idiots, that does not sit well with many people!

Gun people understand gun logic, gun haters are usually wearing blinders and won't see anything but delusions that SUPPORT their agenda.

This is the SAD TRUTH!

Thats how I see it as well.

The anti`s dont care about the truth !

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm not pleased with the Decision by Mark Westrom to keep selling to ban States, but tell me, among the major firearms companies, who has refused?  Does Olympic really count, when no-one wants their products anyway?
Why hate on ArmaLite, when DD, BMC, PSA, Ruger, Stag; etc... are no different?
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Great vid.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:30:44 PM EDT
[#18]
While I respect the intent of the video (I share the same passion of fighting these bans with all our power), I gotta say it really doesn't disprove anything that can't be turned into an argument for the other side as well. Any person who isn't half retarded can see that the seasoned shooter was speeding up his shots when utilizing the smaller mags in order to make up for the mag exchange. He was skewing the results. Simple as that. The best part of that video was the illustration of the "runner" while having to reload. HOWEVER, the runner scenario can very easily be turned around by mag ban proponents to say "see, that goes to show you that you don't need high capacity mags to sufficiently defend yourself (if you can reload fast enough to fend off an attacker)." Before I get flamed for my comments I AM ON YOUR SIDE, that's why I am looking at that video as realistically as possible. It's very easy to see what holes they would poke in that whole argument, or how they could spin those results to reflect positively on their agenda. Just sayin'!
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 9:49:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
While I respect the intent of the video (I share the same passion of fighting these bans with all our power), I gotta say it really doesn't disprove anything that can't be turned into an argument for the other side as well. Any person who isn't half retarded can see that the seasoned shooter was speeding up his shots when utilizing the smaller mags in order to make up for the mag exchange. He was skewing the results. Simple as that. The best part of that video was the illustration of the "runner" while having to reload. HOWEVER, the runner scenario can very easily be turned around by mag ban proponents to say "see, that goes to show you that you don't need high capacity mags to sufficiently defend yourself (if you can reload fast enough to fend off an attacker)." Before I get flamed for my comments I AM ON YOUR SIDE, that's why I am looking at that video as realistically as possible. It's very easy to see what holes they would poke in that whole argument, or how they could spin those results to reflect positively on their agenda. Just sayin'!

like I stated further above.. this is a moot point, you're playing on their turf, letting them dictate the terms.

we need to hammer hard that it's a fundamental right bestowed upon everyone, and protected from the likes of the government by the 2nd.

that is the LAW of the land, not some feel good, heart wrenching, emotional bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:05:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

like I stated further above.. this is a moot point, you're playing on their turf, letting them dictate the terms.

we need to hammer hard that it's a fundamental right bestowed upon everyone, and protected from the likes of the government by the 2nd.

that is the LAW of the land, not some feel good, heart wrenching, emotional bullshit.

My point is that the point the video is trying to make.....is not being made in that particular video. The video is not "debunking" anything. I agree with your last two sentences however. But in my humble opinion that video is not necessarily hammering any pertinent points home.
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:09:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Nice, now go do the right thing.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2013 10:09:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Gents, the ONLY argument that we can make that matters is that the Constitution gives us the right to have arms.

Technical demonstrations such as this video, while interesting to us, are a WASTE OF TIME, because the left already has their mind (collective one at that) made up about guns and gun owners.

They would take this same video as proof that OMG!!!! ALL GUNS CAN FIRE TOO FAST BAN THEM ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

We have to up our game.  

This is a war of divergent philosophy.  Guns are merely one part of that war.  Arguing on the merits of rates of fire will not win this war for us.
We have to move away from debating the hardware if we are to keep the freedoms that we all hold so dear.

Agreed. A video like this one is actually detrimental to us in my opinion. It gives them more ammunition (pun not intended) as every point made in that video can be spun to benefit their argument as well. And that's not even getting into the clear skewing of the "data" obtained from the shooters in the video

Link Posted: 2/27/2013 11:53:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Video was bogus and ran a fixed game (e.g. adjusted rate of fire, immediate access to reload, not firing to slide lock, etc.) to get times that were close. A reload adds a few seconds at most between strings of fire. We can assume all we want whether or not that will make a difference. But, it's just that: assumption. You could be shot poking your head out or making a run for it during one of those extra 10rd reloads thinking it's over. Much of this 10rd argument also assumes active shooters will reload only when empty not ever when opportunistic. Circumstance will dictate outcome more than magazine capacity. Any argument is mostly imagination guided by personal bias.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:04:55 AM EDT
[#24]
Armalite...you can talk til you are blue in the face.....that video WILL NOT sway the anti's.

Every thread you start will turn into this. We want action not words, from you and your collegues.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 3:50:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I beg to differ. They had a sheriff report the results after each test.  Would a sheriff tell a lie or participate in fraud?  Pretty sure the answer is 'no'. That means it's legit.  

Gotta love all the LE haters on GD...

I had to LOL at this..... saying the sheriff wont lie just because he is LEO is like saying the government wont lie to us because we elected them.........

For those you who have never met Sheriff Campbell, he is one of the best human beings on the planet.  He regularly hosts Pat Rogers for training courses.  He has opened up the police departments range to civilian shooters.  He hosts 4H Club shoots at the range.  Allows CCW training at his range.... He is on our side.

If you read this, thanks Sheriff.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 4:02:28 AM EDT
[#26]
nice video
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Great effort and all but even a child could see they cheated, and because of that leaves a bad impression.  They shot slowly on the higher cap mag then went balls out crazy on the rest to make up time differences.  That's how they shot faster with the reload than not having to reload.  lol.  can't believe they went forward with those numbers and didn't retry for believable results.  Don't get me wrong, i know mag cap restrictions makes no difference to a psycho killer other than a nuisance having to reload (assuming they had to use low cap mags) but for the love of god, don't blatantly cheat while trying to convince people to be on our side.

Couldn't agree with you more.  I don't think the number of rounds a mag holds dictates whether or not someone is going to be lethal if they want to be.  But it's a matter of common sense.  One 20 rnd mag will shoot 20 bullets faster than (2) 10 rnd mags because you don't have the time of switching out mags for the 20 rounder.  Let's not use completely illogical arguments because they do not help our cause.  There are plenty of more valid arguments we have to use.  I'm actually a little bit embarrassed about this.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 4:52:53 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I beg to differ. They had a sheriff report the results after each test.  Would a sheriff tell a lie or participate in fraud?  Pretty sure the answer is 'no'. That means it's legit.  

I had to LOL at this..... saying the sheriff wont lie just because he is LEO is like saying the government wont lie to us because we elected them.........

+1
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:14:24 AM EDT
[#30]
"No, really, it's faster to reload!"

Stupid, clearly false crap like this does NOT help our cause.  Being seen to obviously lie damages our credibility and hurts our efforts to retain what freedoms we still have.

Shame on Armalite.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 6:50:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They cheated.

This guy's right.

How?
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:18:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They cheated.

This guy's right.

How?

Really? You can't see how they cheated?
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:25:35 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They cheated.

This guy's right.

How?

Not on the New York reload.  That was fast by any means.  Time to buy a bag of guns.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:27:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
They cheated.

Yep, it's not like it takes a lot longer to do it with the slide or bolt locking back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#35]
So what ArmaLEO is trying to prove is that every (civilian) gun should have a generous three round maximum capacity with a fixed magazine, otherwise some one may be able to fire and reload faster than a cop.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 8:48:02 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Great effort and all but even a child could see they cheated, and because of that leaves a bad impression.  They shot slowly on the higher cap mag then went balls out crazy on the rest to make up time differences.  That's how they shot faster with the reload than not having to reload.  lol.  can't believe they went forward with those numbers and didn't retry for believable results.  Don't get me wrong, i know mag cap restrictions makes no difference to a psycho killer other than a nuisance having to reload (assuming they had to use low cap mags) but for the love of god, don't blatantly cheat while trying to convince people to be on our side.

The only test I heard that was noticeably different was when the guy was shooting the AR.  He did seem to go a little faster w/ the 10 round mags.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#37]
I haven't read the comments but no one counts rounds like the folks in the video so there's one in the pipe during a magazine change.  Why demonstrate something which would rarely if ever occur in a gun confrontation?  Under stress, one might not even feel the slide lock back.  A better demonstration might be to pull the trigger on a locked back slide, then do a magazine change as if one wasn't paying attention under duress.  But what do I know.

The verbage at the front was the most interesting part of the video.

To be fair, someone really thinking could count rounds.  Probably depends on if one was just out to kill people or used a gun in crime and killing was secondary.  Mayhem is hard to predict.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:19:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Wait!  Funded by Armalite?  But Arfcom told me Armalite was evil!  I was so prepared not to take part again in the 12 Days of Armalite this year...

If mag bans go into effect for citizens and LEOs the AR buisness folds. No point in carrying an ar with 5-7 rounds.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
They cheated.

This guy's right.

How?

Not on the New York reload.  That was fast by any means.  Time to buy a bag of guns.

Walk around the streets like Santa Clause with a bag of guns slung over your shoulder Isn't that how it works in the movies anyway? Endless supply of guns once one runs out or breaks....pulling guns out of their ears.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:26:06 AM EDT
[#40]
Kudos to the LEO OATHKEEPER for making this video.

OUT GD STANDING VIDEO!!!

Don't know what happened at the 12:10 mark, but great nonetheless.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:30:35 AM EDT
[#41]
That is an excellent little clip. It's says it all. They lie and lie and lie some more our people in power. I've lost any respect for our current leadership. Not that I had very much to begin with. Feels like we live under a Dictatorship.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

AMEN!

Dont sandbag the test.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 9:55:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

AMEN!

Dont sandbag the test.

That and they were counting rounds to leave one in the pipe for faster reloads.  This video will lose credibility to anyone they are trying to convince.  No need to convince us if that was their audience.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 10:11:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Pretty good video, though I agree it would have been better without the sandbagging with the larger capacity magazines. Also, most rampage shooters aren't going to have all their magazines laid out on a barrel in front of them. They'd have to grab them from magazine belt pouches or pockets or something, so that would add a little time between magazine changes. They did that during the tests with the runners, but probably should have done the same in all the tests.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 10:40:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Couldn't agree with you more.  I don't think the number of rounds a mag holds dictates whether or not someone is going to be lethal if they want to be.  But it's a matter of common sense.  One 20 rnd mag will shoot 20 bullets faster than (2) 10 rnd mags because you don't have the time of switching out mags for the 20 rounder.  Let's not use completely illogical arguments because they do not help our cause.  There are plenty of more valid arguments we have to use.  I'm actually a little bit embarrassed about this.

Agreed...they should take this link off AR15.com....its bunk.  Generally nobody is gonna round count in a real attack.  Getting caught blatantly cheating will only give the other side more ammo against us.  If the beginning stats are accurate than that is real evidence for our cause...gotta keep it real.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 11:03:23 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed...they should take this link off AR15.com....its bunk.  Generally nobody is gonna round count in a real attack.  Getting caught blatantly cheating will only give the other side more ammo against us. If the beginning stats are accurate than that is real evidence for our cause...gotta keep it real.

If those beginning stats are correct then that is a sad, sad, commentary on LEO marksmanship. I'd be curious of these same statistic as it pertains to home owners versus home invaders or CCW holders versus attackers.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Nice video.
Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:06:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

I think the video demonstrates something else besides speed.  Some antis make the argument that while reloading, the shooter is vulnerable and possibly someone could subdue him/her during this time.  This video shows an example of how a shooter could circumvent that by keeping a round in the chamber and still be lethal while reloading.  Most people would not be able to recognize that the shooter's gun is empty or loaded especially if the slide is not locked back.
^^^This!^^^

Ken Campbell is my sheriff.  You will be hard pressed to find a bigger proponent of the 2nd Amendment in law enforcement.  I have trained twice under Sheriff Campbell.  He strongly stresses ammo management.  Shooting to empty is not tactically sound.

If it makes the bad@ss mall ninjas here feel better, you can add 0.2 seconds to the times for each mag change, since they didn't shoot to empty.  But since they didn't shoot to slide lock, either of the demonstrators could have put a round into the would-be tackler before they even inserted the fresh mag. He wouldn't have made it two steps.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:12:18 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

For those you who have never met Sheriff Campbell, he is one of the best human beings on the planet.  He regularly hosts Pat Rogers for training courses.  He has opened up the police departments range to civilian shooters.  He hosts 4H Club shoots at the range.  Allows CCW training at his range.... He is on our side.  

If you read this, thanks Sheriff.
Well said!  I second your statement.

Link Posted: 2/28/2013 12:17:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Well, as the liberal anti-gun nuts do, they will spin anything in their favor.

They will say that a homeowner will be able to reasonably defend himself just as easily with smaller-capacity magazines.  And that smaller-capacity magazines will still be slower to reload multiple times for an inexperienced shooter and could still save "just one life" lol.

Don't be surprised.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top