Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2015 7:51:02 AM EDT
Looking to get into 3 Gun shooting. Got a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x, but I was recommended to still get some offset iron sights to shoot at close range and then roll the gun to the Strike Eagle for distance shots so I wouldn't have to mess with the magnification ring.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Magpul mbus pros offsets
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Magpul mbus pros offsets
View Quote

I like my Magpuls as well but they are flip up.  If you plan to use them in matches, you might look at fixed so you don't have to worry about them getting knocked down.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 9:26:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Griffin Armament fixed offsets look to be winners.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 7:31:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Looking to get into 3 Gun shooting. Got a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x, but I was recommended to still get some offset iron sights to shoot at close range and then roll the gun to the Strike Eagle for distance shots so I wouldn't have to mess with the magnification ring.

Any ideas?
View Quote

Check out THESE, they have held up great for me and a few of my buddies in 3-Gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2015 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Magpul pro offsets.  Super small, light, good sight picture, and they practically melt into the rifle when collapsed.  Plus they're easy to adjust and zero (toolless).   I do keep them deployed most of the time, but I like that they're more likely to fold shut instead of break of I do hit them on something.

Sure there is a slim chance you could bonk them closed accodentally on a stage, but its pretty rare.  I've never actually had one close on accident yet.  Perhaps im not trying hard enough.
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 5:46:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, going to take a look at some Magpul MBUS sights later today when I visit my gun shop.

Any experience with the GG&G 45 degree transition sight, the Diamondhead D-45 swing sights, and the Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sights?

Need to figure out if folding or fixed would be best. So many options.
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Buy the MGM throw lever and utilize the 1x in your optic.  Most of the time if you are transitioning from very close to farther targets there will be some movement involved and you will have plenty of time to change magnification.

Part of the entire purpose of buying these 1-6x scopes with the big exit pupil and large field of view is the 'big screen TV' type view you get with an illuminated reticle at 1x.  

I got a chance to look through a strike eagle at the Pro-Am last weekend and I was impressed.  I'm not going to sell my Razor, but the the strike eagle is a damn good looking option at a great price point.

Just my 2 cents, but I didn't spring money for a nice 1-6x with great illumination (that is mostly useful very up close like a red dot), just so that I could shoot iron sights half the time.......

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/optic-accessories/scope-throw-levers/switchview-throw-levers-prod65552.aspx

http://www.brownells.com/optics-mounting/optic-accessories/scope-throw-levers/switchview-throw-levers-prod65552.aspx
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:22:43 PM EDT
[#8]
If you want speed why not do an offset red dot or reflex sight like the Burris fast fire?
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 5:32:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you want speed why not do an offset red dot or reflex sight like the Burris fast fire?
View Quote

Because that puts you in open.
Link Posted: 10/6/2015 11:42:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Griffin Armament fixed offsets look to be winners.
View Quote

+1. I like the sight picture. Just bought one and have yet to try it in a match.

GRIFFIN FS2

Link Posted: 10/27/2015 4:08:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top