Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/22/2016 9:51:40 AM EDT
Looking to replace my 1976 Satoh Bison 650 (gas / 22 h.p. at PTO) and have been looking at Mahindra's the past week. Leaning towards the emax 22 or max 24 (diesel and 22 h.p. / 24 h.p.). I mow approximately 12 acres a week. It will used primarily for mowing but having a bucket would be nice. Anyone own a Mahindra? Likes or dislikes?
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:01:41 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the Green fanbois

I'm a Kubota fan myself but I'm curious as well.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:19:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I know several people that have them.....they seem to be very good tractors.  But the ones I have seen for sale don't look much cheaper than a JD or a Kubota of the same size.  As long as you have a dealer close by to get parts if you news them....I would say go for it.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Friend of.mine used to have one. I borrowed it a number of times. I liked it. I thought it was well made. I'd buy one if it was a good price.

I did price a new Mahindra as well as a new Kubota and was surprised that the price was pretty comparable. If the price was the same I'd go Kubota.

I have heard the recommendation to avoid a tractor that doesn't have good local support and that makes sense, however, with the internet today, parts are usually a couple mouse clicks away and it rarely takes more than a couple days shipping to get the parts I need and always cheaper to order over the internet than to buy at the local dealer. The local dealer usually has to order the less common parts anyway so it still takes a few days to get them so there is rarely much time savings.  I stock the consumable parts like filters so it's not like I need to visit the local dealer.

Basically , I'm saying I wouldn't pass up on a good deal on a tractor that doesn't have local support. I would NOT buy grey market tractors though.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#4]
John Deere  is the answer you seek

Quoted:
Looking to replace my 1976 Satoh Bison 650 (gas / 22 h.p. at PTO) and have been looking at Mahindra's the past week. Leaning towards the emax 22 or max 24 (diesel and 22 h.p. / 24 h.p.). I mow approximately 12 acres a week. It will used primarily for mowing but having a bucket would be nice. Anyone own a Mahindra? Likes or dislikes?
View Quote

Link Posted: 8/22/2016 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Friend of.mine used to have one. I borrowed it a number of times. I liked it. I thought it was well made. I'd buy one if it was a good price.

I did price a new Mahindra as well as a new Kubota and was surprised that the price was pretty comparable. If the price was the same I'd go Kubota.
View Quote

This^

I think Mahindra started off as a quality generic tractor but now that they have some branding their prices went up without necessarily increasing capability/options to match the competition.

Disclaimer, I'm on my 3rd Kubota and will buy at least one more before I die.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 9:28:19 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a new holland but I really like the 2555? I think that's it.

It's a 55hp HST that weighs a ton more than my NH and can pick up my machine with the loader.  I just don't like the joystick placement on them.

If I had it to do over again I would probably buy one.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#7]
You should visit Tractorbynet.com and look at the Mahindra forums, I've been a member there over 10 years. I bought my Mahindra 4110 new in 2002. Used it commercially for several years and have built & maintained my place here for 10 years with it. The Mahindras are quite a bit heavier than their other brand counterparts, heavier equals better traction and in my models' case, more capacity for it's size. My tractor is a Korean-built TYM for Mahindra. Getting parts hasn't been much of a problem over the years but having a decent dealer nearby is iffy. Luckily I'm a mechanic and have been able to do all repairs on mine at home. If I hadn't been able to work on it myself I'd have bought a different brand with a better dealer network.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 10:56:40 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm a Kubota dealer so of course I'm biased.

With that said, I will not even trade for another Mahindra.  If I lose the sale because of that, I'm ok with it.  Beats having a Mahindra on my lot to have a gazilion little things to try and fix, take the tractor back and have to fix crap that breaks right after someone bought it from me.  Yes, this has happened twice.  Both tractors were in my opinion, J-U-N-K, JUNK.  Go get on one then go look at a Deere or Kubota, or New Holland, and tell me you think they're worth the savings.  If you can do that then you are most definitely being blinded by trying to get out as cheap as possible.  If that comes off as crass, I'm sorry.  

I know for a fact they used to be plagued with terrible front axles and VERY hard to get parts for.  I mean the dealers themselves could not get the parts.  There hasn't been a Mahindra dealer near me for a while until very recently so those two things could have improved.  I certainly hope so for their sake.

ETA: The "it's heavier than it's competitors argument" is because they still use cast iron in places high quality tractors now use steel.  If you NEED the extra weight, you can add it to the tractor.
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

With that said, I will not even trade for another Mahindra.  If I lose the sale because of that, I'm ok with it.  Beats having a Mahindra on my lot to have a gazilion little things to try and fix, take the tractor back and have to fix crap that breaks right after someone bought it from me.  Yes, this has happened twice.  Both tractors were in my opinion, J-U-N-K, JUNK.  Go get on one then go look at a Deere or Kubota, or New Holland, and tell me you think they're worth the savings.  If you can do that then you are most definitely being blinded by trying to get out as cheap as possible.  If that comes off as crass, I'm sorry.  

I know for a fact they used to be plagued with terrible front axles and VERY hard to get parts for.  I mean the dealers themselves could not get the parts.  There hasn't been a Mahindra dealer near me for a while until very recently so those two things could have improved.  I certainly hope so for their sake.

ETA: The "it's heavier than it's competitors argument" is because they still use cast iron in places high quality tractors now use steel.  If you NEED the extra weight, you can add it to the tractor.
View Quote

I agree Deere or  Kubota I wish a Kubota dealer was closer to me otherwise I have my hands tied with Deere
Link Posted: 8/22/2016 11:21:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Mahindra is nowhere near the same level as Kubota, and yet the prices are very close model to model.

Piss poor castings, lousy QC, small bit's in critical places that break easy, and lousy dealer support network without much of a secondary market to rely on.
You can't give a Mahindra away around here. The first couple of years they were available, was enough.

Anyone that got snarled up in the Farmtrac/Landtrac mess, and stuck with Punjab tractors, no parts, and no chance of anyone buying the things, would be the folks to talk to about Mahindra, as it's the same situation.

For a couple bucks more, Kubota/Deere/Case/NH and even LS is the better option all around.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 3:43:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just noticed that you mention that you plan to mow 12 acres a week. That's a LOT of grass to mow.  With that much to mow, I would recommend a BIG zero turn not a tractor.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:29:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I just noticed that you mention that you plan to mow 12 acres a week. That's a LOT of grass to mow.  With that much to mow, I would recommend a BIG zero turn not a tractor.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably a total hijac but why? Makes no sense to me.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 8:48:31 AM EDT
[#13]
A zero turn is out due to a lot of the property being hills and I would like to also have a front end loader.  I do not trust the zero turn on the hills.  I went shopping a little yesterday and looked at a J.D. and LS.  I can't warm up to the J.D.  The LS is on the top of my list right now but I plan on going to  Kubota and New Holland dealers this week.  The LS dealer stated that he carried Mahindra's up until two years ago but got rid of them due to issues with their quality and company support.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:13:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It will be faster with a dedicated mower.  Anecdotal evidence.  It took me 4 hours to mow our lawn with a little MF and 60" finish mower.  It takes me about 1.5 hours to do it with a 60" Hustler Z.  The mower is just plain faster and gets around obstacles better than a little tractor.
CHRIS

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:14:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
A zero turn is out due to a lot of the property being hills and I would like to also have a front end loader.  I do not trust the zero turn on the hills.  I went shopping a little yesterday and looked at a J.D. and LS.  I can't warm up to the J.D.  The LS is on the top of my list right now but I plan on going to  Kubota and New Holland dealers this week.  The LS dealer stated that he carried Mahindra's up until two years ago but got rid of them due to issues with their quality and company support.
View Quote

LS? You are going to end up with one of those sitting next to the road when you can't find parts once the dealer shuts down.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:07:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

LS? You are going to end up with one of those sitting next to the road when you can't find parts once the dealer shuts down.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LS isn't going anywhere...

If you are the person who always gets your car serviced at the dealer, never does anything mechanical or physical, doesn't know how to read or search the incredible amount of information available these days, and just plain doesn't want to look after any equipment yourself then I would agree with that. Or if you have physical limitations or enough money to not care how much things cost, only how convenient something is then I would agree with that

Not all equipment is created equal and not all pieces built by a manufacturer are necessarily as good as another model from the same manufacturer. The key is to try at all costs to buy a known good model. If you are going to look after it yourself, then don't worry so much about the dealer. As I said, once the warranty is up you are on your own anyway. Any good local heavy duty mechanic should be able to deal with any major issues. And likely cost less and quite likely do at least as good a job, maybe better. Most times issues with good equipment is minor and it is easier, more convenient and faster to fix those problems yourself.

You are not "buying a dealer". You are buying a machine from a manufacturer through a dealer. The manufacturer warranties new equipment and that warranty is honored by any decent dealer.

Anyone who changes their oil on their car and deals with some minor mechanical issues from time to time like idk; a starter replacement or a tie rod end or some such is perfectly capable of looking after a tractor. Those people should realize that.

Most equipment is far easier to maintain than a passenger vehicle these days because every part is more accessible and decent equipment is built to be that way. Vehicles can be a right pita now days to do even simple maintenance. Tractors and implements, not so much.

So I don't agree one bit. You are buying a machine. Hopefully the right one for your needs and a good example of the breed. It will more than likely never see the dealer again if you have an aptitude for looking after the machine (and you have merely average "luck of the draw"). Hopefully your local dealer is a good one, cause that can't hurt (but it is a couple of things down the list). You'll probably very rarely even see the dealer.

Usually minor things with new equipment have to be addressed. A leak here, an adjustment there. Stuff that any person with a brain and a few tools (and this barrage of info called the internet) can look after in a few minutes.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#17]
In nearly all applications a diesel tractor will perform better than a gas.  If you want a lawn mower there are many options.  If you want a real work tractor start with diesel.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 11:41:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Buy a tractor if you need it to do everything. Buy a zero turn if it's primarily mowing. A zero with the same size deck can EASILY cut your mow time in half. If you have many obstacles to mow around a zero turn will cut even more than half the time off.

12 acres of mowing WEEKLY is a HUGE amount of mowing. A.couple times per year with a bush hog is easily handled with a tractor. Doing that weekly is a major chore.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:I have heard the recommendation to avoid a tractor that doesn't have good local support and that makes sense, however, with the internet today, parts are usually a couple mouse clicks away and it rarely takes more than a couple days shipping to get the parts I need and always cheaper to order over the internet than to buy at the local dealer. The local dealer usually has to order the less common parts anyway so it still takes a few days to get them so there is rarely much time savings.  I stock the consumable parts like filters so it's not like I need to visit the local dealer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:I have heard the recommendation to avoid a tractor that doesn't have good local support and that makes sense, however, with the internet today, parts are usually a couple mouse clicks away and it rarely takes more than a couple days shipping to get the parts I need and always cheaper to order over the internet than to buy at the local dealer. The local dealer usually has to order the less common parts anyway so it still takes a few days to get them so there is rarely much time savings.  I stock the consumable parts like filters so it's not like I need to visit the local dealer.

Because you are dead in the water until the parts come in.  That is why that system is not ideal.  Most dealers can next day if you are in a pinch.  We have gotten stuff from JD we ordered at 5:15 at noon the next day, the extra charge is usually under $10.  Guys that run equipment for a living will not wait 3 days for their Amazon order to come in, they will drive 3-4 hours to get parts to get running again.  Big names know this and try to one up the competition at it.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

LS isn't going anywhere...

If you are the person who always gets your car serviced at the dealer, never does anything mechanical or physical, doesn't know how to read or search the incredible amount of information available these days, and just plain doesn't want to look after any equipment yourself then I would agree with that. Or if you have physical limitations or enough money to not care how much things cost, only how convenient something is then I would agree with that

Not all equipment is created equal and not all pieces built by a manufacturer are necessarily as good as another model from the same manufacturer. The key is to try at all costs to buy a known good model. If you are going to look after it yourself, then don't worry so much about the dealer. As I said, once the warranty is up you are on your own anyway. Any good local heavy duty mechanic should be able to deal with any major issues. And likely cost less and quite likely do at least as good a job, maybe better. Most times issues with good equipment is minor and it is easier, more convenient and faster to fix those problems yourself.

You are not "buying a dealer". You are buying a machine from a manufacturer through a dealer. The manufacturer warranties new equipment and that warranty is honored by any decent dealer.

Anyone who changes their oil on their car and deals with some minor mechanical issues from time to time like idk; a starter replacement or a tie rod end or some such is perfectly capable of looking after a tractor. Those people should realize that.

Most equipment is far easier to maintain than a passenger vehicle these days because every part is more accessible and decent equipment is built to be that way. Vehicles can be a right pita now days to do even simple maintenance. Tractors and implements, not so much.

So I don't agree one bit. You are buying a machine. Hopefully the right one for your needs and a good example of the breed. It will more than likely never see the dealer again if you have an aptitude for looking after the machine (and you have merely average "luck of the draw"). Hopefully your local dealer is a good one, cause that can't hurt (but it is a couple of things down the list). You'll probably very rarely even see the dealer.

Usually minor things with new equipment have to be addressed. A leak here, an adjustment there. Stuff that any person with a brain and a few tools (and this barrage of info called the internet) can look after in a few minutes.

We went thru a trans on a Montana (one of LS's earlier attempts to break into the US market)   Had to wait for parts to reach the US, only place that could get them was in Oklahoma (and they have since got out of it)  Manuals are terribly translated.  It was cheap... and it showed throughout.

A large problem in our particular case was the high low shifting was mechanical and the linkage was lightly made enough it would flex so you couldn't always get enough power to pull it all the way out and into the other range.  And with oil between them the shift collars would stick together also making it hard to shift compounding the problem.  Now they are hydraulically shifted but another one won't grace our shop.  And the only reason he brought it here is the dealer he got it from closed and he didn't want to haul it to Oklahoma to apparently the only surviving dealer.

You won't find much for a newer gas tractor for it to be much of an issue as far as shopping for gas vs diesel.  I have no problem doing what I gotta do with my 1940's/50's gas stuff though.

I don't know which little compact I would pick, we have a JD dealer in town so I would be a little biased towards them (IH and NH are half an hour away).  I mainly run Allis-Chalmers and John Deere myself, the newest one is a 1953 model and they still have pretty good support.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:59:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Because you are dead in the water until the parts come in.  That is why that system is not ideal.  Most dealers can next day if you are in a pinch.  We have gotten stuff from JD we ordered at 5:15 at noon the next day, the extra charge is usually under $10.  Guys that run equipment for a living will not wait 3 days for their Amazon order to come in, they will drive 3-4 hours to get parts to get running again.  Big names know this and try to one up the competition at it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can order anything I need for my Kubota and can have it overnight as well.  I tend to plan head though and order before things break so I don't need overnight shipping.  I could easily get it though.  I do have a Kubota dealer near me but they are a pain to deal with so I don't even bother.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I can order anything I need for my Kubota and can have it overnight as well.  I tend to plan head though and order before things break so I don't need overnight shipping.  I could easily get it though.  I do have a Kubota dealer near me but they are a pain to deal with so I don't even bother.  

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:33:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm not a dealer, and have owned 3 tractors in my life.  An 8N, a Mahindra 3525, and a Yanmar.  My family still has the Mahindra, we bought it in 2005.  It is a piece of crap, parts are damn near impossible to find, and that is what the local Mahindra dealer tells me.  Only way I'd own another is if it was given to me.  Can't really recommend another brand, got rid of the yanmar because i always had to spend money when i needed to use it, so decided i would just hire out the tractor work.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 4:48:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its when you can't plan ahead.  Nobody plans in their combine eating a feederhouse chain in the middle of harvest and and there is a snow storm coming... doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And I know when you just mow weeds it isn't near as "do or die" as when you are doing it for a living.  I was just saying that the bigger guys have that parts network in place.  

And usually when you get overnight shipping when ordering online you pay very dearly for it.

Most things that stop my tractors I can get from any of the three auto parts stores in town.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 6:58:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Can't believe you would pass up a quality tractor like a Mahindra!

J/K. Get a Deere and be done.  They command the price because they are WORTH IT. I mean really, I can STILL walk into John Deere and get most any part I ask for for my little 1986 316, and that is just a garden tractor! We would get parts for the farm tractors (full size, but older stuff) all the time, and they were always available.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

J/K. Get a Deere and be done.  They command the price because they are WORTH IT. I mean really, I can STILL walk into John Deere and get most any part I ask for for my little 1986 316, and that is just a garden tractor! We would get parts for the farm tractors (full size, but older stuff) all the time, and they were always available.
View Quote

The new tractors are made in India im pretty sure. So not really worth the price of green.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Looked at the new holland boomer 24 and kubota bx2370 tonight at our county fair.  Mahindra was also there but they are no longer on my list.  The new holland appears to be identical to the LS I looked at the other day.  LS dealer told me they made tractors for N.H.  Plan on going to Kubota dealer to test drive.  Believe it or not, the Kubota was cheapest, price wise.  Was expecting them to be more.  All tractors were priced with bucket and 60" mid mount mower.  This is worse than shopping for a new truck.
Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:02:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The new tractors are made in India im pretty sure. So not really worth the price of green.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

The "E series" economy tractors are made in India, but that's it.

The price of a Kubota is laughable, when most dealers are yuppie lawnmower boutiques, with half trained hacks in the shop, and next to zero dealer networking.
The Good Kubota dealer, is a rare thing, as supporting the yuppie estates is their focus, and not folks that actually work the things for a living.

On re-sale, even the India made Deere, will retain more value than a Kubota, because of the support.

Link Posted: 8/23/2016 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is a lot of Yanmar in them.

Pretty much everything little is going to be imported.  Not a huge thing, if Deere didn't approve of the quality they wouldn't put their name on it.  Same goes for CNH, Massey, Kubota... honestly I would pit the five of them against each other and go from there.  We repaired a under the cab fire on a little mid 90's CaseIH a couple years ago, there was a surprising amount of harness stuff still available for it.  Even a new fuel tank.

But even more honestly I would get a nice syncro 4020 for $10k with a loader and be done with it

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

The price of a Kubota is laughable, when most dealers are yuppie lawnmower boutiques, with half trained hacks in the shop, and next to zero dealer networking.
The Good Kubota dealer, is a rare thing, as supporting the yuppie estates is their focus, and not folks that actually work the things for a living.

On re-sale, even the India made Deere, will retain more value than a Kubota, because of the support.

Your resuts may vary but our nearest dealer is also a longtime CNH dealer.  They seem to know their stuff, I have never had a problem getting parts for them.

And yeah, good or bad nothing will touch Deere's resale value.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 2:22:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

lol.

where on your body did the bad Kubota salesman touch you?

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 8:11:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Think you should do some fact checking.
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 9:03:21 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

No.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

5045d is a E series?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 11:07:29 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

lol.

ar-jedi

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

lol.

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

lol.

ar-jedi

Anything you want to confess to?
Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:21:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

5045d is a E series?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.

5045d is a E series?

Nope. It's the old series, but would fall into the new E series now.

Link Posted: 8/24/2016 6:23:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/25/2016 9:31:32 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

5045d is a E series?

Deere isn't worth the price anymore. Even a $100k+ trackhoe is made by hitachi with deere paint and stickers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2016 7:41:35 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you've got nothing but an emoticon? Noted.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#38]
I really like my LS, the dealer I bought mine from has been to the factory and I can state for a fact that NH Boomers and LS are made on the same line.  They are so identical that they can make them back to back without retooling the line.  I saw a picture of an LS on the line, the next tractor behind it was a NH.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I really like my LS, the dealer I bought mine from has been to the factory and I can state for a fact that NH Boomers and LS are made on the same line.  They are so identical that they can make them back to back without retooling the line.  I saw a picture of an LS on the line, the next tractor behind it was a NH.
View Quote

Doesn't really mean much.  A few years ago when my brother toured the Ford Mustang plant there would be a a bunch of V6's, some convertables, a couple GT's, a GT-500, some Mazda econobox family cars and then more Mustangs all coming down the same assembly line.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 10:21:22 PM EDT
[#40]
I know nothing of Mahindra.

I'd probably look for a used Kobota.  The contractor renovating my home says KIOTI makes an awesome machine.

But I also like John Deere for the parts, but they come at a premium.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 8:06:53 AM EDT
[#41]
I recently went through the buying process myself.   I looked at  Mahindra, Kioti, Kubota, NH and JD.   I really liked the Kioti, it was a solid tractor and had nice features.   My sole reason for not buying it was due to the dealer was a branch of a larger dealer that is located several hours away and as a result they did not have any on site service.   Ultimately bought a Kubota.   This is my third Kubota that I bought and I can definitely say that Kubota is starting to cut corners on their tractors.  .
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I recently went through the buying process myself.   I looked at  Mahindra, Kioti, Kubota, NH and JD.   I really liked the Kioti, it was a solid tractor and had nice features.   My sole reason for not buying it was due to the dealer was a branch of a larger dealer that is located several hours away and as a result they did not have any on site service.   Ultimately bought a Kubota.   This is my third Kubota that I bought and I can definitely say that Kubota is starting to cut corners on their tractors.  .
View Quote

I'm not attempting to corner you, but as a long time dealer I would be very interested to know what area's you feel they are cutting corner's?  Again, not putting you on the defensive.  Genuinely wanting your opinion's and insight.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 3:40:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I know several people that have them.....they seem to be very good tractors.  But the ones I have seen for sale don't look much cheaper than a JD or a Kubota of the same size.  As long as you have a dealer close by to get parts if you news them....I would say go for it.
View Quote

But how long are those parts going to be available?  You typically keep a tractor for a very long time, so that's a big concern.z
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 5:33:27 PM EDT
[#44]
Thanks for the comments and feedback.  I ended up getting a bx2670 Kubota.  Looked at the B2601 and the bx25d but could not really justify the backhoe or the extra roughly $5,000 for the 2601.  I ended up looking at and test driving tractors from Kubota, Branson, LS, Mahendra, and New Holland.  Got a great deal on the tractor with a mid-mount mower and front end loader.  It is going to be delivered this Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/1/2016 7:39:43 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
bx2670 Kubota
View All Quotes
Quoted:
bx2670 Kubota

good luck with your new tractor -- the little BX's are great SCUTs.

you will want to do some reading here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/
e.g.
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/167108-do-your-own-fluids-filters.html

ps
Quoted:
Got a great deal on the tractor with a mid-mount mower and front end loader

you need some type of ballast for the TPH; either a heavy implement or an actual ballast box.

*** do not use the FEL without ballast! ***

see
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/686600_Small_tractors_and_roll_over_protection.html
especially
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/686600_Small_tractors_and_roll_over_protection.html&page=1#i11745414

eta
post in this thread whenever you got some pics...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/681719_Show_me_what_you_used_your_tractor_for_today__pic_thread_.html
e.g.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/681719_Show_me_what_you_used_your_tractor_for_today__pic_thread_.html&page=1#i11661629
and
https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_10_19/681719_Show_me_what_you_used_your_tractor_for_today__pic_thread_.html&page=1#i11661631

ar-jedi
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top