Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 10/7/2017 3:58:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Maybe we could make a new one of these? It is very outdated.
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 8:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By grimhollow:
Amazon Prime Day...
Bought the Mountain House 14 day supply... was $244 originally, 25% off gets it to $183, then Mountain House's $50 rebate takes it down to $133.
View Quote
These 14-day supply kits sometimes get really discounted via Walmart online.  I have been checking this item (select 14-day supply) every day:
Mountain House at Walmart

After 2ish weeks of watching, as of this instant it is $53 per kit with free shipping!  Plus the rebate (I think, haven't read the fine print yet).  That's less than $1.50 per pouch!
Link Posted: 10/18/2017 10:38:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Were you able to get the item added to the cart for purchase?

I keep getting an error message both on the computer as well as my mobile phone.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 12:36:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By RayJaxShooter:
Were you able to get the item added to the cart for purchase?
I keep getting an error message both on the computer as well as my mobile phone.
View Quote
I could see that error, but can add to the cart if logged in.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 9:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mPisi:

I could see that error, but can add to the cart if logged in.
View Quote
You are correct, thanks again for posting this up!

Ordered one 14 day kit for now, will order some more the next time it comes around.

I was in a local REI and bought four packets for the wife unit and I to try that cost about as much as the 14 day supply!
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#6]

These 14-day supply kits sometimes get really discounted via Walmart online.  I have been checking this item (select 14-day supply) every day:

After 2ish weeks of watching, as of this instant it is $53 per kit with free shipping!  Plus the rebate (I think, haven't read the fine print yet).  That's less than $1.50 per pouch!
View Quote
Thanks sir. I FO'd
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 6:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote
I missed it, that was a great deal! OOS now.
Link Posted: 10/19/2017 11:53:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#8]
View Quote
Keep watching it, it apparently comes around periodically.  I actually found this deal on another Arfcom deal thread, but now I can't find it.  I wanted to post that it worked, about 2 weeks after the OP posted his secret.  And this time it was active for at least 12 hours, maybe 24, where the OP previously had seen it available for only 2-3 hours.

This almost makes up for the fact that my local WMs don't have a storable foods section the way some out west do.  I would very much like to just add a #10 can to the regular shopping each week rather than big chunks of product when a deal comes along.  But with this deal for meals and the 50% off Augason from a few months ago for cans of staples, my available storage space is pretty packed.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 2:26:39 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote
Too great.  I got mine in and processed.  But, received "technical glitch" on pricing email today.  It was either pay another $180.00 or cancel.  I canceled.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:18:20 PM EDT
[#10]
On a side note, I got my $50 rebate from Mountain House back today.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Hater:
Too great.  I got mine in and processed.  But, received "technical glitch" on pricing email today.  It was either pay another $180.00 or cancel.  I canceled.
View Quote
Well, I got an email from someone claiming to be Safecastle today too.  Looks like a phishing email trying to get my paypal.  Wrong order number, for one.  And when I checked out, it was with Walmart, and the "actual price" was $53.07 each.  So I'm waiting for something from Walmart.  Not trying to be a dick but I'm tired of this bait and switch (seen so many times on Amazon), whoever is responsible for it.  You make a deal with the devil, you have to live with it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2017 10:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
I recieved same email. Will follow up with Walmart tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 1:43:41 AM EDT
[#13]
I found the thread where I found this deal:
https://www.ar15.com/forums/outdoors/What-happened-to-Nitro-Pak-and-now-where-do-I-buy-my-MH-food-/18-690327/

This deal has been done multiple times in the past and the poster received the food.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 3:47:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm getting no where fast with Walmart's customer service.

Let me know if you have better results.
Link Posted: 10/24/2017 4:18:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Tag
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 6:41:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Possible positive update.

I almost posted last night since the price on the 14-day packs was back down to $53 on Walmart, but a small difference that it was shown as sold by Walmart, not Safecastle.  And out of stock.  It's been showing $53 all day today.  

Then I got this email from Safecastle just now.  Still with the wrong order number though.  Looks like some people must have been complaining to Walmart.  I had been lying low, did not talk to anyone.  The projected delivery timeframe was finished on Nov 2 so I was about to start complaining to Walmart as to why the order hadn't progressed.  But, laziness may pay off.

We are glad to inform your product will be shipped at the price you placed an order for. We understand that this is a glitch that happened on our end and we are obliged to honor the prices our esteemed customers purchased the items from us. We apologize for the delay in this order, you will receive the Tracking details immediately the product is shipped.

If you have any queries/concerns/clarifications, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.

We thank you for your business.

--
Best,

Lara
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/2/2017 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#17]
WTF you lucky bastard i should have complained
Link Posted: 11/8/2017 11:58:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Just to complete the loop, I received the MH products today.  All correct and it's a hoot to see expiry as "Best by April 2047".  Thanks to SafeCastle for honoring the deal.

This is another example of the #1 rule of the Amazon deals thread, which is "Don't talk to Amazon".  This applies to Walmart as well.  Don't volunteer to cancel, make them be the bad guys and cancel you.  They get bad statistics for cancelling deals, so they are less likely to do it.

14-day pack is back to $264 on Walmart now, listed as fulfilled by SafeCastle.  I'll continue to monitor and post here if it's back lower and in stock.
Link Posted: 11/13/2017 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I received my shipment of MH from Safecastle.

All was in order.

I used same approach of me not cancelling and kept asking them what they wanted to do.

In the end Safecastle's response was to send me the product at the advertised price.
Link Posted: 1/6/2018 12:59:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFSMedia] [#20]
The Gerber Suspension I feel is a good tool for the money. Has anyone used it?
It also on Amazon currently at this affiliate link
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000EDPT9K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=jonah121303-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B000EDPT9K&linkId=56a581e41aca17bbbe4400398611658d

Gerber Suspension First Impressions
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#21]
If you have a Dunham's close by check out their markdowns - In the flashlight section there is a Eureka Niteguide 210 running 2xCR123 at about 240 + lumens. Hard dark grey anodizing, single momentary - on/off pushbutton on the tail, with focusing head that goes from spot to flood marked 1x4. $17.97. Nice machining, decent threads, overall that personal Surefire look with larger head and smaller body, with rings, scallops etc. Nice light. Threads were anodized which is a nice plus, the head does not screw off.

You may want to carry it in a belt holster, so, off to Academy for a Tactical pistol mag holster for under $6 - but I already had one. I may still get it as they had Coyote (is the new black.)

These are frequently sold out on other websites and ran for as much as $69 at one time, Dunhams MSRP was $49.99 on the package.

Why was I in Dunhams? Tried to find a canvas vest that wasn't $60? Yep, both Smith's and Wolverine were there with berber fleece, nice tailoring, the Wolverine was atypical lined inset pockets with inside phone pocket, high fleeced collar,  the Smiths had typical patched canvas pockets with a chest zip phone outer pocket and inner patch pocket, knit flight collar. $24.97 - I bought both. Good working casual vests which will keep you warm while working outdoors or just lounge after supper when the wood stove is down.

That's another story.
Link Posted: 4/7/2018 2:20:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 3:08:43 AM EDT
[#23]
The Walmart I use and the others in the area don't stock the Auguson dehydrated foods, or any others for that matter.  I guess they do more often out west?  But today there were 5 cans of Auguson veggies in the clearance area.  $4 each, that's a decent deal even for the spinach flakes and broccoli .  Good stuff to the regular stash, spinach and broccoli to the "charity for neighbors" pile.  But probably still tastes good once you're a few days from the last meal.  I wish my local stores stocked that kind of stuff regularly, add a can per week and it adds up fast without much hit to the budget.  So anyways, it's always worth passing an eye over the clearance stacks...
Link Posted: 7/14/2018 5:47:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't know if it's that great of a deal, but Mountain House is offering up to 25% off some of its items. I haven't had time to figure out the price and compare it elsewhere.
Link
Link Posted: 7/28/2018 11:49:28 AM EDT
[#25]
If anyone has looked at MAGPUL and their line of clothing...lapg is running shirts and pants on close out specials and free shipping may still be on for orders over 50 bucks
Link Posted: 8/5/2018 10:45:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I know some of you are also Darn Tough fans, check out this site for some good deals on their socks https://www.socksaddict.com/brand/darn-tough/clearance
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 3:13:40 PM EDT
[#27]
CountyComm has their GP-5 SSB shortwave receiver on sale for $70 for a short time:
https://countycomm.com/collections/radio/products/countycomm-gp-5-ssb-general-purpose-radio
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:30:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Blackhawk5] [#28]
Campsaver has 20% off regular and outlet items.

Got some Salomon boots and a rain jacket.

https://www.campsaver.com/
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Last minute deal on Amazon for the Morakniv Companion with Sandvik Stainless Steel 4.1" blade. If you don't mind cyan, then it is $9.72.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#30]
BePrepared.com (ex-emergency essentials-you can still google by that name) ALWAYS  has a close out page loaded
with MRE's & mre components for a great price, plus other FD food

the energy bar they sell is outstanding.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Amazon is selling a six-pack of BaoFeng BF-888S hand held HAM radios for $58.98 and it is Prime eligible. It is a single band - 440 MHz - radio.

Walkie Talkie Model: Baofeng BF-888s;Each radio has a earpiece
1500mAh Li-ion battery; Low Voltage Alert; Intelligent Charging. Maximum Power Output- 3-5 Watt
Frequency Range: 400-470MHz; 16 channel; 50 CTCSS/105 CDCSS
Power-saving features to extend battery life; CTCSS/DCS function/Scanning function/Emergency alarm function

It isn't the best hand-held out there but it is enough to equip a whole family or team.
Link Posted: 2/28/2019 10:06:10 AM EDT
[#32]
A lot of Walmart's have different types of Mountain House pouches on clearance.

Such as... (put your zip code in)
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 12:33:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Somewhat related...Troy Bilt lawnmowers are on clearance at Lowe’s. I wanted a new push mower and got a 21” model with a Honda engine for $135, down from $300. Similar one with Briggs engine and no deck was port was $105.
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#34]
That’s a negative on the Troy mower at my Lowe’s.
Link Posted: 4/26/2019 3:02:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Dog] [#35]
Attention North Texas folks...  

I found a link to some 310W solar modules for sale in the Allen, TX area.  These are not mine, though I may make a few of them mine.  I have no dog in this sale.

These may have been removed from a system, but they don't show signs of mounting that I can tell.  They're Polycrystalline 72-cell.  So figure 36V nominal.  Max temperature correct voltage on these in the Texas area would be about 51Vdc, so they'd be hard to use in a small off-grid system as a lot of cheap charge controllers can't handle a voltage that high.  Judging by what I'm reading, these are probably 2013 vintage.  Jinko Solar makes a good module.  He's asking $125/each, with deals for 5 or more.  At 40 cents/watt, that's not bad pricing.

ETA:  And they're gone.  Link to sale removed.

Data Sheet

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#36]
The Amazon Deal of the Day is the Gerber Truss Multi-Tool with Sheath. It is $25.70 marked down from $39.73. MSRP is $49.99.

Link Posted: 5/11/2019 3:45:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Woot has some deals going.

Can't really stand Wise foods, but here's something at 72% off:  Wise 172 serving bucket

And another Wise foods at 52% off:  Wise 104 Serving Bucket

And a three-pack of Wise foods buckets at 55% off:  Three Wise 120 serving buckets

And some Mountain House cans at 27% off:  Chicken a la King, 6-pack of #10 cans
Link Posted: 7/15/2019 7:01:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Survival Straw. $9.98 for Amazon Prime members.
Link Posted: 8/30/2019 9:51:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, I know it's not as good as Mountain House, but Woot has Wise foods on sale again.  Looks like at least 40% off, with many in the 60-70% range.  Here.
Link Posted: 9/22/2020 10:31:57 PM EDT
[#40]
I believe until end of September 2020, use code PREPARE25 for 25% off at North American Rescue!!!
Link Posted: 11/24/2020 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Any knife gurus out there?

Cold Steel Bushman on sale on Amazon for less than $15 shipped if you have prime.  They always interested me but not for $20+...  At this price they are in the basic "Mora" price range, and while they are probably no where near the same quality steel and edge they do offer some adaptability for various situations such as hunting or as a field expedient weapon.

I ordered a couple to play with this winter.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BD4W54Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I like the idea of it for my go bag/ emergency grab bob, but its going to take some convincing for me to add a fixed blade as I roll with a gerber mp600 multi tool and bacho laplander saw folding saw.
Link Posted: 2/22/2021 9:19:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I had forgotten about this thread. It would be nice to get it going, again. Not sure how many good deals are out there, these days.
Link Posted: 3/21/2021 8:59:04 AM EDT
[#43]
Some fairly good deals on boots here.  Some motorcycle boots too, but seem to be just smaller sizes.

https://sport.woot.com/plus/clearance-work-shoes-boots-and-sneakers?ref=w_ngh_sp_6_wp_6
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#44]
North American Rescue 25% off tourniquets and other important medical stuff this week:
https://www.narescue.com/national-parks-week-savings-event.html
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:58:02 PM EDT
[#45]
I hear gas is on sale in the south east...  
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 9:06:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#46]
First Aid Kits

First Aid Kits

53-PIECE FIRST AID KIT 6" X 8" X 3"                 $17.50 EACH
103-PIECE FIRST AID KIT 7-1/2" X 9" X 3"         $29.50 EACH
156-PIECE FIRST AID KIT 8-1/2" X 10-1/2" X 5"  $39.50 EACH

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 11:11:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mPisi] [#47]
Make Survival Gear Deals Great Again!

North American Rescue 25% off certain items (CAT, chest seals, some kits) and a good kit for $50.  Today only!

https://www.narescue.com/valentines-day-sale.html
LOVE25 code for the items.  The Valentine's Day Cupid Kit for $50 is already discounted, seem like a good deal with IFAK plus misc items, as long as you don't mind a red pouch.

Hyfin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack - $11.69
HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack - $9.44
C.A.T. - $22.49
QuikClot Bleeding Control Z-fold Dressing - 3 in. x 4 yd - $32.17
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 7:42:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: tstorms] [#48]
Make Survival Gear Deals Great Again!

North American Rescue 25% off certain items (CAT, chest seals, some kits) and a good kit for $50.  Today only!

https://www.narescue.com/valentines-day-sale.html
LOVE25 code for the items.  The Valentine's Day Cupid Kit for $50 is already discounted, seem like a good deal with IFAK plus misc items, as long as you don't mind a red pouch.
Coupon code does not work for me.
Hyfin Vent Chest Seal Twin Pack - $11.69
HyFin Vent Compact Chest Seal Twin Pack - $9.44
C.A.T. - $22.49
QuikClot Bleeding Control Z-fold Dressing - 3 in. x 4 yd - $32.17
View Quote

Coupon code does not work for me
ETA working now
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 6:54:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Undaunted] [#49]
Originally Posted By tstorms:

Coupon code does not work for me
ETA working now
View Quote

Damn... forgot about this thread.  Thanks for bringing it back to life.

Eta...lol... at the poster above you.
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#50]
5$ tent foot prints at Big Agnes.  HAPPYCAMPER gets you free shipping.

https://www.bigagnes.com/Gear/Collections/5-footprints

Picked one up as a cheap tarp.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top