Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2017 12:20:32 PM EDT
I am recently back from another deployment, and see that Nitro-Pak is closed down.  What happened?

And does anyone have any recommended alternatives for online Mountain House food purchases?
Link Posted: 9/11/2017 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/12/2017 8:46:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am recently back from another deployment, and see that Nitro-Pak is closed down.  What happened?
View Quote

Owners retired

http://www.nitro-pak.com/
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 12:55:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Amazon or Emergency Essentials.
View Quote
And if you can hold out.Amazon always has Black Friday deals on MH.
Link Posted: 9/21/2017 2:41:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I have gotten unbelievable deals on the mountain house 14day boxes on walmart.com last month i ordered 2 for 75 a box, and this month I ordered 4 at 58 a box. It will show 220 most the time but occasionally it drops to way low prices then goes out of stock and the. Back up to 220.
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:24:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have gotten unbelievable deals on the mountain house 14day boxes on walmart.com last month i ordered 2 for 75 a box, and this month I ordered 4 at 58 a box. It will show 220 most the time but occasionally it drops to way low prices then goes out of stock and the. Back up to 220.
View Quote
I don't even see it on the walmart site.  Do you have a link to it?
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And does anyone have any recommended alternatives for online Mountain House food purchases?
View Quote

Welcome back! Haven't been back that long myself, spent my time in J-bad AFG.  

Since you are .mil, sign up for Experticity they have very good prices on MH food and many other items you may find interesting.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:13:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome back, thanks for asking this question too, I'm ready to place a decent sized order myself.  Look forward to the responses.
Link Posted: 9/27/2017 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#8]
tag - depleted a lot of reserves in Harvey so need to restock...
Link Posted: 9/28/2017 3:46:47 PM EDT
[#9]
campingsurvival.com     cabelas.com

I believe camping survival is close to you, they just moved.....  Also, there is a Cabelas near you also, just ordered some online, super fast shipping...

specwar1
Link Posted: 10/1/2017 3:53:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you are military experticity has mountain house 40% off.
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 3:36:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you are military experticity has mountain house 40% off.
View Quote
That's awfully nice of them!
Link Posted: 10/22/2017 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#13]
This year amazon has had some of the 2,3,4 and 5 day box packs as lightening deals or on woot, amazon owns woot so now I check it sometimes but don't trust it for good prices like I used to trust it.

Amazon has also had the #10 cans of mountain house as well as some of the various sizes of auguson farms long term storage stuff discounted here and there.

Don't just pull it up and buy.  Pull it up and check the price and compare to elsewhere, and since that other site gives you a discount it might win all the time anyway.

Some sites like camel camel camel will let others know your good price because they email when people pull up items or something, so I dislike camel x 3 because while it might track prices and what not it can sell something out before I get around to deciding if that is a good enough price for me or not.

I will admit the #10 cans of mountain house and auguson farms stuff is not my first choice for long term storage, however when marked down way cheap for some reason I decided I was willing to add it in as variety add ons and bought it.  I would not pay full price for pasta primavera from mountain house or the auguson farms bread/scone something or other mix.  But discount it enough and I will play with it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top