Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/25/2012 3:25:00 AM EDT
There was a request in the other thread about how I make my P7 maglites.

I don't have any parts laying around right now so I found this link which gets right into the dirty little details about it.

Maglight

I do a few things differently though. First, it isn't required that you shave down the head, it just makes for a nicer looking finished product. And secondly, I buy the 4 cell lights and just use 4 D batteries like the stock light does, 4 alkaline cells is enough voltage to run that module.

You also do not need the spacer on the bottom of it, I have stress tested a few with 4 cells and they will run until the batteries die with no excessive heat issues.

My PC crashed awhile ago so I can't put up any pictures. But I have also made two with external 6 volt batteries, and one with a rheostat so you can adjust from very low to max. They are great hunting lights in that configuration since they will last over 8 hours on one charge, they are a bit heavy on the belt though.

I do have pictures of the Coon hunting light up with a shortened body, I have since swapped it out for a full sized body, see post #7 at this link. Here
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top