Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 8/24/2018 9:40:46 PM EDT
The great object is that every man be armed.
View Quote
 Patrick Henry, 1787

Approved by @Striker the SnowMexican

BLUF:  I’m giving away the plastic lower below.  Others are invited to contribute lowers as well.  The recipients are obligated to build a gun over the next 90 days.

So, here are the rules:

1 – you, or the person you’re going to give it to, needs it.  Maybe it’s the boy’s 1st rifle, or your neighbor needs something to whack coyotes with.  Doesn’t matter what the particular need is, just state it.  We don’t need your sister’s life story, just that she needs a truck gun.  The donors get to choose who they want to help.  Don’t whine.  Quote the donor’s post, then post the need – either yours or someone that you’re going to give the gun to once built.

2 – if you have 87 lowers already, or a Bentley in the garage, you don’t need a free one.  Consider donating one of your lowers to someone who will put it to good use.

3 – don’t go selling your free shit.  ARFCOM never forgets.

4 – You have to be at least 21, a US citizen, permanent US resident, or have a US visa, an address in your state, and a valid hunting permit.  Not my rules, thank Congress & LBJ.  Sorry, SnowMexicans - damn ITAR.  Please don’t be a prohibited person – that would embarrass everyone.

5 – You have to be able to post pics to play.  Folks have joined ARFCOM for giveaways in the past, and that’s not bad, but you a) have to have 50 posts to play, and b) be able to post pics by yourself.  If you don’t know how to post pics, go here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Picture-posting-tutorial-and-PICTURE-test-thread/168-638569/

6 – You have 3 months to complete your rifle/shotgun/pistol/firearm/crossbow/air rifle.  Post up pics when you receive your lower, so we all know you received it, and then post up a pic of the complete weapon.  You don’t have to show your face, you don’t have to show the S/N, you don’t have to show the picture of the person you’re giving it to if that’s what you’re doing with it.

7 – This is not a for sale thread, plastic lowers are bad thread, political thread, legalities thread, etc.  This is a giveaway thread.  You’re either giving a lower away, or asking for a lower.  If this thread becomes something other than what I intended it to be, I’ll request a lock.

8 – If you’re a donor – it’s your lower.  If you want to give it away to the 3rd poster who posts his chest in Hunk of the Day, go nuts.  You only want to do FTF in your state, or not ship to a ban state, sure, up to you, list your restrictions.  But the lowers in this thread are free, including shipping.  Quote the recipient’s post so he knows you chose him, and edit your original offer so everyone else knows it’s taken.

9 – Shit happens.  If you can’t complete a new weapon by the time the 3rd month rolls around, don’t fret.  IM your donor, and post up the lower donated to you – for the next guy.  Shipping is on you, so if you blow all your cash in Vegas and don’t have a dime to your name, know where your local platelet donation center is.

10 - Don’t IM me offering money to give away.  If you don’t feel like donating a lower, you can offer to pick up shipping for another donor.

11 - Donated parts other than lowers now go in this thread, as of 13 Sept 2018:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/That-Every-Man-Be-Armed-Free-AR-parts-Please-contribute-your-old-parts-/5-2146304/

12 – Rules are subject to change.  I’ll post any updates here.  No warranties, this entire thing may be made up to pad my post count, etc.  Donor may ship your lower via turtle.

Now that the rules are out of the way -

ETA:  lower below is shipping to Naga.  Scroll down for other offers.  Quote the donor's post and see if they'll pick you.

Here’s the stripped lower I picked up for cheap ordered through my LGS, Trinity Ordnance:

It’s an FMK AR1 eXtreme.  I’ve included a plastic commercial buffer tube from ar15shop.us, New Frontier Armory stock, and A2 pistol grip with screw.  I’m covering shipping from my FFL to your FFL.  If he charges you fees, that’s on you.

I’m gonna presume that your budget precludes you dropping $30 + tax & shipping on this lower, but that this is the kick in the pants you need to buy/trade the other parts you need to build a complete rifle in 3 months.  Speaking of which - the inexpensive parts thread w/ $260 parts kits:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-300-AR-thread-for-Summer-/5-2047298/.

ETA: Cheers to astross89, ARHank and only1asterisk for stepping up to the plate and offering lowers.

Requestors and donors post up.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:47:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a couple of plastic blem lowers that need repairs I will donate FTF in Brevard or treasure coast, FL
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 9:53:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I have a couple of plastic blem lowers that need repairs I will donate FTF in Brevard or treasure coast, FL
View Quote
Cheers!    You made me edit my title to plural!
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Let me see what I have. Might have a stripped uppper floating around.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
These are the lowers. They are split were it seams up at the magwell or stock area. If they are too much trouble. No biggie. Just there if y'all need them.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:28:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:  These are the lowers. They are split were it seams up at the magwell or stock area. If they are too much trouble. No biggie. Just there if y'all need them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/206625/Screenshot_2018-08-24-22-16-06-650258.JPG
View Quote
Easily fixed w/ superglue, soldering iron, or $35 to GWACS for their limited lifetime warranty:

http://www.gwacsarmory.com/limited-lifetime-warranty/

Lightweight as well.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Lol. I didn't realize you are the one who started the other thread where I got all these lowers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:03:29 AM EDT
[#7]
In on one.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:04:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:  In on one.  
View Quote
You got someone you can build a rifle for?  We've got 3-4 lowers & no takers.  Sister/cousin/co-worker/church-friend?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:09:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Good on you OP.  I'm out as I couldn't afford to buy the rest of the parts for it within 90 days.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:15:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Easily fixed w/ superglue, soldering iron, or $35 to GWACS for their limited lifetime warranty:

Lightweight as well.
View Quote
My head hurts.  Aluminum lowers are so fucking cheap, I just...................................going to sleep now.  Shit posting tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 12:19:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I'll play
I'm in Tampa FL, and can drive places.
I've got two youngsters.  Odd are one would like to build a rifle with Dad, so they could get said rifle from dad when he gets older.
I work with a few junior Marines-- Sgts and below.  I'd bet one of them would want a lower for a build.... although they'll probably just get it pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:18:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, quote an offer post then.  You'll need to post up the complete build in 3 months.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#13]
In.  Once again OP is one cool guy. I'll take one and build it for a friend of mine and his son. He lives in good neighborhood within the armpit of the county. FSA town. He has recently discovered shooting and has been spending time shooting a SR 22 with his son.  He is a good man and has has yet to obtain an AR due to school, debt and being the sole provider for his family. This would help him become the defender of his family and community. The great object is that every man be armed. I have all the other parts to complete one within a few minutes of the FFL transfer, then donate it to him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:33:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My head hurts.  Aluminum lowers are so fucking cheap, I just...................................going to sleep now.  Shit posting tomorrow.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lightweight as well.
There are not $20 with a pistol grip and butt stock cheap. I know people are suspicious of plastic lowers but the the cavarms/GWACS lowers are good to go.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:38:18 AM EDT
[#15]

In.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 1:49:07 AM EDT
[#16]
If someone could get a gwacs poly lower to me. I've got something (not a lower) that I can send out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:01:02 AM EDT
[#17]
I'd like to build one for my brother that just got married.  I have an upper, an old optic, etc, I just haven't bought a lower yet.  I'll build him the rifle and give mags, etc.

I think I can get my own lower though, definitely a cool thread, OP. In to see others get armed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:03:59 AM EDT
[#18]
cool thread.  if i didn't have a stripped lower collecting dust i'd be in on this.  hopefully someone who needs a rifle gets a start with this.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#19]
Edit:  wrong thread.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:30:00 AM EDT
[#20]
There’s a dude on the Arf Facebook page giving out polymer lowers as well.

Salad days.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a couple of lowers to throw in the pot.
View Quote
I have a guy I know that’s been wanting an AR for a long while. He’s had a lot of extra expenses recently like having a front partial installation a month ago, then a molar pulled only to have the dentist mess it up so a piece of jaw bone was hanging out of his gums to then get a referral to an oral surgeon 2hrs away only to get a flat tire on the way there & get charged $150 to have them tell him, “If it continues to bother you let us know.”

Yeah that kind of bad luck.

I have an upper set-up I was going to give him but I need a lower to go with it.

Edit: Fixed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Some people need to read rule #1 carefully.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If someone could get a gwacs poly lower to me. I've got something (not a lower) that I can send out.
View Quote
You're thinking of this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-Pay-it-Forward-thread-If-you-have-small-parts-you-wish-to-donate-Post-here-/4-730041/

This is the I need a lower for this reason and I'm gonna build it in 90 days thread.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:18:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
There are not $20 with a pistol grip and butt stock cheap. I know people are suspicious of plastic lowers but the the cavarms/GWACS lowers are good to go.
View Quote
Indeed.  The one I am offering up, however, is a genuine el cheapo unreinforced plastic lower and I'm throwing in a plastic buffer tube to boot.  It's a gun for someone who doesn't have a gun.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:26:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Backbencher, you the man! I gifted an AR to my dad last year for his birthday and he freakin' loves it! Since then, my mom has been dropping hints that she wishes she had one of own for plinking, home defense, the apocalypse, etc. They live out in the country with very few neighbors around and I do worry about their safety against home intruders. Unfortunately I just don't have extra lowers laying around and my wife quit her job to stay at home with the kids so we are now a one income family. I'm not complaining though. Raising a family is awesome! So if someone has nice looking lower that you would like to donate for my cause, I'll build a beautiful lightweight AR pistol or rifle (her choice) that she can call her own!
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:36:09 AM EDT
[#27]

1- Quote the donor’s post, then post the need – either yours or someone that you’re going to give the gun to once built.
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Tag.

I’m tapped out right now, but will probably be down to lend a hand come payday.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Patrick Henry, 1787

BLUF:  I’m giving away the plastic lower below.  Others are invited to contribute lowers as well.  The recipients are obligated to build a gun over the next 90 days.

So, here are the rules:

1 – you, or the person you’re going to give it to, needs it.  Maybe it’s the boy’s 1st rifle, or your neighbor needs something to whack coyotes with.  Doesn’t matter what the particular need is, just state it.  We don’t need your sister’s life story, just that she needs a truck gun.  The donors get to choose who they want to help.  Don’t whine.  Quote the donor’s post, then post the need – either yours or someone that you’re going to give the gun to once built.

2 – if you have 87 lowers already, or a Bentley in the garage, you don’t need a free one.  Consider donating one of your lowers to someone who will put it to good use.

4 – You have to be at least 21, a US citizen, permanent US resident, or have a US visa, an address in your state, and a valid hunting permit.  Not my rules, thank Congress & LBJ.  Sorry, SnowMexicans - damn ITAR.  Please don’t be a prohibited person – that would embarrass everyone.

5 – You have to be able to post pics to play.  Folks have joined ARFCOM for giveaways in the past, and that’s not bad, but you a) have to have 50 posts to play, and b) be able to post pics by yourself.  If you don’t know how to post pics, go here:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Picture-posting-tutorial-and-PICTURE-test-thread/168-638569/

6 – You have 3 months to complete your rifle/shotgun/pistol/firearm/crossbow/air rifle.  Post up pics when you receive your lower, so we all know you received it, and then post up a pic of the complete weapon.  You don’t have to show your face, you don’t have to show the S/N, you don’t have to show the picture of the person you’re giving it to if that’s what you’re doing with it.

7 – This is not a for sale thread, plastic lowers are bad thread, political thread, legalities thread, etc.  This is a giveaway thread.  You’re either giving a lower away, or asking for a lower.  If this thread becomes something other than what I intended it to be, I’ll request a lock.

8 – If you’re a donor – it’s your lower.  If you want to give it away to the 3rd poster who posts his chest in Hunk of the Day, go nuts.  You only want to do FTF in your state, or not ship to a ban state, sure, up to you, list your restrictions.  But the lowers in this thread are free, including shipping.  Quote the recipient’s post so he knows you chose him, and edit your original offer so everyone else knows it’s taken.

9 – Shit happens.  If you can’t complete a new weapon by the time the 3rd month rolls around, don’t fret.  IM your donor, and post up the lower donated to you – for the next guy.  Shipping is on you, so if you blow all your cash in Vegas and don’t have a dime to your name, know where your local platelet donation center is.

10 - Don’t IM me offering money to give away.  If you don’t feel like donating publicly, go to your LGS and buy a HiPoint for the next cute gal that walks through the door.

11 – Rules are subject to change.  I’ll post any updates here.  No warranties, this entire thing may be made up to pad my post count, etc.  Donor may ship your lower via turtle.

Here’s the stripped lower I picked up for cheap ordered through my LGS, Trinity Ordnance:

https://image.ibb.co/fSbj3U/IMG_20180824_183451.jpg

It’s an FMK AR1 eXtreme.  Not fancy, it is plastic, it could break on ya.  It takes a standard LPK, upper, etc.  I’ve included a plastic commercial buffer tube from ar15shop.us, New Frontier Armory stock, and A2 pistol grip with screw.  I’m covering shipping from my FFL to your FFL.  If he charges you fees, that’s on you.  If you’re behind enemy lines, we’ll figger something out on the evil parts.  This lower has never been assembled as a rifle, so you’re good to build it as a pistol if you can remember to remove the stock before assembly.  No, we’re not going to debate the legalities of that in this thread.

I’m gonna presume that your budget precludes you dropping $30 + tax & shipping on this lower, but that this is the kick in the pants you need to buy/trade the other parts you need to build a complete rifle in 3 months.  Speaking of which - the inexpensive parts thread w/ $260 parts kits:  https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-300-AR-thread-for-Summer-/5-2047298/.

View Quote
My reading skills are lacking this morning, Backbencher. Per your rules, I've quoted your post as the donor and my original post as the requestor.

I gifted an AR to my dad last year for his birthday and he freakin' loves it! Since then, my mom has been dropping hints that she wishes she had one of own for plinking, home defense, the apocalypse, etc. They live out in the country with very few neighbors around and I do worry about their safety against home intruders. Unfortunately I just don't have extra lowers laying around and my wife quit her job to stay at home with the kids so we are now a one income family. I'm not complaining though. Raising a family is awesome! So if someone has nice looking lower that you would like to donate for my cause, I'll build a beautiful lightweight AR pistol or rifle (her choice) that she can call her own!
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:58:18 AM EDT
[#30]

Trinity Ordnance is my LGS too. Great guys.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 4:51:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:16:05 PM EDT
[#32]
I’m in to receive a lower, and I will build it. Anyone FTF in southwest VA?
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:23:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
 Patrick Henry, 1787

So, here are the rules:

10 - Don’t IM me offering money to give away.  If you don’t feel like donating a lower, you can offer to pick up shipping for another donor.

11 – Rules are subject to change.  I’ll post any updates here.  No warranties, this entire thing may be made up to pad my post count, etc.  Donor may ship your lower via turtle.

ETA:  lower below is shipping to Naga.  Scroll down for other offers.  Quote the donor's post and see if they'll pick you.

https://image.ibb.co/fSbj3U/IMG_20180824_183451.jpg

It’s an FMK AR1 eXtreme.  I’ve included a plastic commercial buffer tube from ar15shop.us, New Frontier Armory stock, and A2 pistol grip with screw.  I’m covering shipping from my FFL to your FFL.  If he charges you fees, that’s on you.

ETA: Cheers to astross89, ARHank and only1asterisk for stepping up to the plate and offering lowers.

View Quote
I'm building an ar for a wedding gift for my best friend, its his first. Located in the twin cities.

Edit: reading fail.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#34]
My father does not have a semi auto rifle and could use an AR. I have a Ptac upper that I can use for a build for him if someone has a spare lower to send.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#35]
Yall are great.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 5:52:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You're thinking of this thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/-Pay-it-Forward-thread-If-you-have-small-parts-you-wish-to-donate-Post-here-/4-730041/

This is the I need a lower for this reason and I'm gonna build it in 90 days thread.
View Quote
Sorry, it would be going to my parents. They never liked guns but let me buy my first AR when I was 14. Since they never really cared about guns, when I became 18 I got all of them transferred to me.
I said gwacs because I haven't seen any in person here in ca. Specifically the gwacs because I know they're cheap and I know that they are light.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:23:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:. My reading skills are lacking this morning, Backbencher. Per your rules, I've quoted your post as the donor and my original post as the requestor.

I gifted an AR to my dad last year for his birthday and he freakin' loves it! Since then, my mom has been dropping hints that she wishes she had one of own for plinking, home defense, the apocalypse, etc. They live out in the country with very few neighbors around and I do worry about their safety against home intruders. Unfortunately I just don't have extra lowers laying around and my wife quit her job to stay at home with the kids so we are now a one income family. I'm not complaining though. Raising a family is awesome! So if someone has nice looking lower that you would like to donate for my cause, I'll build a beautiful lightweight AR pistol or rifle (her choice) that she can call her own!
View Quote
Ladies and gentlemen, this is how it's done.  IM me your LGS contact info, and I'll get this back to Trinity Ordnance to ship via express turtle.

Next up, astross89.  Need someone local to him in Florida  to step up, or offer to ship for him.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:29:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I'll donate two blem GWCS, if you want to pick them up at my Smith's in Phoenix and pay his $30 transfer fee.

If it's okay with OP I say they only have to build one in 90 days. I think he has to say yes because he is the one who saddled us with an asinine amount of plastic lowers.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:33:43 PM EDT
[#39]
You should also open it up to other parts. I bet there is a metric shit-ton of takeoff parts out there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:36:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I'll donate two blem GWCS, if you want to pick them up at my Smith's in Phoenix and pay his $30 transfer fee.

If it's okay with OP I say they only have to build one in 90 days. I think he has to say yes because he is the one who saddled us with an asinine amount of plastic lowers.
View Quote
LOL.  Blame Trinity Ordnance.  Perhaps another donor might volunteer to pick up shipping on one or more lowers?   I'd love for the maximum number of rifles be built from this thread, as pics of completed rifles will drive donations.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You should also open it up to other parts. I bet there is a metric shit-ton of takeoff parts out there.
View Quote
Yep - lightweight plastic lowers, 16" bulls from the AWB w/ A2 uppers.

This thread will stick to lowers, I think, and we'll do a separate upper thread if this takes off.  Uppers, stocks, and LPKs.  This is a pain b/c FFLs, let's keep it simple.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Please see revised rule #10.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My father does not have a semi auto rifle and could use an AR. I have a Ptac upper that I can use for a build for him if someone has a spare lower to send.
View Quote
Where in FL?

@NoPowerInTheVerse
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#44]
Awesome thread. It's awesome.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:09:45 PM EDT
[#45]
I have a couple of lowers to throw in the pot.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:14:41 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Awesome thread. It's awesome.
View Quote
Hmmm....makes you wonder why a company like Anderson or similar who sell their lowers for $39 (makes them for even less) doesn’t do a free Lower giveaway. Anyone who wants a stripped lower can have one. One per address/name/cc for shipping. Think of the massive sales of other components? Think of the customer base! Especially if they can give some to the dealers to give away to customers they see every day that are on the fence about an AR (trusted dealers). The trickle down effect would be huge.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#47]
@sharkman6
@Notthatkindofnurse
@gtfoxy
@FatMan
@Dark_zero_x
@NoPowerInTheVerse
@endermend

Y'all need to read Rule #1 in the OP carefully.  Naga figured it out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 9:50:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
@sharkman6
@Notthatkindofnurse
@gtfoxy
@FatMan
@Dark_zero_x
@NoPowerInTheVerse
@endermend

Y'all need to read Rule #1 in the OP carefully.  Naga figured it out.
View Quote
Thanks I fixed mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:  Thanks I fixed mine.
View Quote
Nope.  Already gave that one to Naga.  You need to find another donor, and quote their post.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Lol. I didn't realize you are the one who started the other thread where I got all these lowers.
View Quote
All those old burner accounts I've been sitting on will come in handy once again!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top