Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:12:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

You got someone you can build a rifle for?  We've got 3-4 lowers & no takers.  Sister/cousin/co-worker/church-friend?
View Quote
Backbencher, I had to sell mine off several years ago, and would like to get back in. I built the last two and would like to build another. I like the idea of a super lightweight build. Plastic is fantastic. Thanks for considering my build.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:  Backbencher, I had to sell mine off several years ago, and would like to get back in. I built the last two and would like to build another. I like the idea of a super lightweight build. Plastic is fantastic. Thanks for considering my build.
View Quote
You'll need to quote another donor's offer - my lower is already spoken for.
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:42:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
@sharkman6
@Notthatkindofnurse
@gtfoxy
@FatMan
@Dark_zero_x
@NoPowerInTheVerse
@endermend

Y'all need to read Rule #1 in the OP carefully.  Naga figured it out.
View Quote
Yup, skimmed right past that.

Thanks for the IM.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 12:56:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:  Yup, skimmed right past that.

Thanks for the IM.
View Quote
Merlin's beard, people.  How do you expect a donor to find your request if you've edited your request posted before the donor did?
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:52:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't own a single AR, and would love one, but I have no parts/upper/know-how or tools to build anything. It is a very cool idea, very cool, thank you for starting it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:36:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
These are the lowers. They are split were it seams up at the magwell or stock area. If they are too much trouble. No biggie. Just there if y'all need them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/206625/Screenshot_2018-08-24-22-16-06-650258.JPG
View Quote
I'll play
I'm in Tampa FL, and can drive places.
I've got two youngsters. Odd are one would like to build a rifle with Dad, so they could get said rifle from dad when he gets older.
I work with a few junior Marines-- Sgts and below. I'd bet one of them would want a lower for a build.... although they'll probably just get it pregnant.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted: I'll play
I've got two youngsters. Odd are one would like to build a rifle with Dad, so they could get said rifle from dad when he gets older.
I work with a few junior Marines-- Sgts and below. I'd bet one of them would want a lower for a build.... although they'll probably just get it pregnant.
View Quote
NOW we're getting somewhere.  @astross89 - your call.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 10:44:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:  Yup, skimmed right past that.

Thanks for the IM.
View Quote
Merlin's beard, people.  How do you expect a donor to find your request if you've edited your request posted before the donor did?
View Quote
Muffin Button?

@only1asterisk

Quoted:
I have a couple of lowers to throw in the pot.
View Quote
I have a guy I know that’s been wanting an AR for a long while. He’s had a lot of extra expenses recently like having a front partial installation a month ago, then a molar pulled only to have the dentist mess it up so a piece of jaw bone was hanging out of his gums to then get a referral to an oral surgeon 2hrs away only to get a flat tire on the way there & get charged $150 to have them tell him, “If it continues to bother you let us know.”

Yeah that kind of bad luck.

I have an upper set-up I was going to give him but I need a lower to go with it.

Edit: Fixed.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:17:08 AM EDT
[#9]
Cheers!  Now we're rollin'.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 1:38:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I have a couple of lowers to throw in the pot.
View Quote
@only1asterisk
Dont drink and post, wedding was last night and I was planning on building my best friend his first AR as a wedding gift. Located in the twincities
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

@only1asterisk
Dont drink and post, wedding was last night and I was planning on building my best friend his first AR as a wedding gift. Located in the twincities
View Quote
IM me with FFL
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:28:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Muffin Button?

@only1asterisk

I have a guy I know that’s been wanting an AR for a long while. He’s had a lot of extra expenses recently like having a front partial installation a month ago, then a molar pulled only to have the dentist mess it up so a piece of jaw bone was hanging out of his gums to then get a referral to an oral surgeon 2hrs away only to get a flat tire on the way there & get charged $150 to have them tell him, “If it continues to bother you let us know.”

Yeah that kind of bad luck.

I have an upper set-up I was going to give him but I need a lower to go with it.

Edit: Fixed.
View Quote
IM me with FFL
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Bravo Zulu.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#14]
@only1asterisk

Said inbox full for me just as a heads up also thanks man!
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 9:07:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Made some room in the inbox.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:30:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Made some room in the inbox.
View Quote
Full again.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:39:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:  Made some room in the inbox.
View Quote
You have to go to trash and delete it out of there too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2018 11:54:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I see.  Done.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 8:20:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I see.  Done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.  Done.
IM sent.

Awesome of you to help! I’ll have it together pretty quick for him. Just need a few extra lower parts that I’ll let him pick.

Great idea Backbencher! You rock.
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#20]
great thread! I don't think I need another lower, and just wanted to say I built a full Aero rifle recently and I'm gifting it to my brother in law after giving my mother in law a shield last year. They are pro gun but don't have anything besides old fudd stuff. BIL has been sick for a year+ and missing tons of work, etc. I wanted to give him something that would help keep him entertained at the family farm they visit in rural PA.

Happy to help anyone in Dallas build something if they need a hand?
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'll play
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These are the lowers. They are split were it seams up at the magwell or stock area. If they are too much trouble. No biggie. Just there if y'all need them.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/206625/Screenshot_2018-08-24-22-16-06-650258.JPG
I'll play
I'm in Brevard County. I will get you some pics of what needs fixed to make sure it's what you want to get into. I should be in Tampa in 2-3 weeks to visit my daughter at college. Also check out the thread about the repairs and what you would need.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-300-AR-thread-for-Summer-/5-2047298/
Link Posted: 8/27/2018 10:00:33 PM EDT
[#22]
@Naga - waitin on you, bud.  Just need a name & phone #, Trinity Ordnance will take care of the rest.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:48:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:02:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Dumb question. Is this only applicable to plastic lowers?
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 8:11:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  Dumb question. Is this only applicable to plastic lowers?
View Quote
No, anyone can offer up any kind of AR lower they like.  Last fall, Trinity Ordnance was closing out the last of the Sabre Defense Cav Arms Mk 2 lowers at 20 for $100 total, so some folks are just trying to free up space in their closets.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
No, anyone can offer up any kind of AR lower they like.  Last fall, Trinity Ordnance was closing out the last of the Sabre Defense Cav Arms Mk 2 lowers at 20 for $100 total, so some folks are just trying to free up space in their closets.  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  Dumb question. Is this only applicable to plastic lowers?
No, anyone can offer up any kind of AR lower they like.  Last fall, Trinity Ordnance was closing out the last of the Sabre Defense Cav Arms Mk 2 lowers at 20 for $100 total, so some folks are just trying to free up space in their closets.  https://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif
They were getting to the point where they just wanted to dump them.Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:28:17 AM EDT
[#27]
@sharkman6

Here's a picture of the two lowers that I have available. You can choose if you rather the Magwell or the buffer tube to be split. Let me know if this is too much work for you. If not you're more than welcome to one of them on a face-to-face transaction.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#28]
Great thread, thanks guys for doing this! I'll follow along and look around to see how I can help
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm hoping to have my brothers budget build completed for him for Christmas, so I'm with you guys in getting this done in the next few months!

His wife is vehemently anti scary black rifle, although her dad and my brother are huge hunters. She can't control her pops, so she keeps her thumb on my bro by nagging him on what he can and can't buy. Well guess what, I'm going to gift him one
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:  Great thread, thanks guys for doing this! I'll follow along and look around to see how I can help
View Quote
If you don't want to gift a lower, you're welcome to help some of the fellas w/ shipping.  I'm good, but feel free to offer.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:  I'm hoping to have my brothers budget build completed for him for Christmas, so I'm with you guys in getting this done in the next few months!

His wife is vehemently anti scary black rifle, although her dad and my brother are huge hunters. She can't control her pops, so she keeps her thumb on my bro by nagging him on what he can and can't buy. Well guess what, I'm going to gift him one
View Quote
If you have a spare upper, perhaps you could gift her one too, if someone will contribute a lower to the cause.  We don't win the debate by solidifying our base - we win by expanding our base.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#32]
Naga has been in touch, so I hope to ship tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:14:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Tag.

I will check Whiskers Supply Co. this evening to see if I have an extra. If not, I'll check back in when my Space Force comes in.

Awesome thread OP.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:20:19 PM EDT
[#34]
Striker has given approval for an Other Than Lowers thread.  Give me a couple days.  We're gonna build us some ban era ARs w/ 16" bulls...
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:23:12 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm in for one. I would love to build one for my daughter

@only1asterisk
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Striker has given approval for an Other Than Lowers thread.  Give me a couple days.  We're gonna build us some ban era ARs w/ 16" bulls...
View Quote
Link it up when you start it. I got tons of parts I'm happy to give away.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 2:25:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:  I'm in for one. I would love to build one for my daughter

@only1asterisk
View Quote
I believe he's only offered two, which appear to be already taken.  Please read Rule #1 carefully, and try again.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:22:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Naga, my apologies.  There will be a one day delay in strapping the lower to the delivery turtle.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 12:26:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They were getting to the point where they just wanted to dump them.https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/206625/Screenshot_2018-08-28-09-10-46-653523.JPG
View Quote
Message sent
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:46:50 PM EDT
[#41]
Just dropped off at Trinity Ordnance.  Your FFL should get a call today or tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 12:51:21 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I don't own a single AR, and would love one, but I have no parts/upper/know-how or tools to build anything. It is a very cool idea, very cool, thank you for starting it.
View Quote
@armoredman I live in the San Tan/Queen Creek area. I have tools. Feel free to hit me up if you want help building.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:44:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Just dropped off at Trinity Ordnance.  Your FFL should get a call today or tomorrow.
View Quote
To you and all!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 9:55:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

@armoredman I live in the San Tan/Queen Creek area. I have tools. Feel free to hit me up if you want help building.
View Quote
Thank you very much - I found a coworker who lives near by who has experience, but if he has to back out I will hit you up!
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:22:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Thank you very much - I found a coworker who lives near by who has experience, but if he has to back out I will hit you up!
View Quote
Soon
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 10:51:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Guys i gotta say I'm touched by everyone coming together and getting people shooting.
That said I'm interested in building an AR-15 from the ground up but to be honest I don't know if i could do it in 3 months no (specialized ) tools and work being what it is.
still id'd try if there was somebody in my AO with the time to show me.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:  Guys i gotta say I'm touched by everyone coming together and getting people shooting.
That said I'm interested in building an AR-15 from the ground up but to be honest I don't know if i could do it in 3 months no (specialized ) tools and work being what it is.
still id'd try if there was somebody in my AO with the time to show me.
View Quote
Dude, the 3 month limit is primarily financial - you need $260 for the parts to make this work, but it is stupid simple to put together an AR.  If you get a complete upper ($200), building an AR is literally putting in some parts into the lower w/ a small hammer and a long hex-key, and you don't have to install all the parts to make it work reliably.  There's 10 or more parts and springs you don't have to install in the lower and it will still work just fine.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2047298_-300-AR-thread-for-Summer-.html

This thread is less about giving away free stuff and more about getting folks to step up and actually build that truck gun or rifle for their sister.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 11:57:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Dude, the 3 month limit is primarily financial - you need $260 for the parts to make this work, but it is stupid simple to put together an AR.  If you get a complete upper ($200), building an AR is literally putting in some parts into the lower w/ a small hammer and a long hex-key, and you don't have to install all the parts to make it work reliably.  There's 10 or more parts and springs you don't have to install in the lower and it will still work just fine.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/2047298_-300-AR-thread-for-Summer-.html

This thread is less about giving away free stuff and more about getting folks to step up and actually build that truck gun or rifle for their sister.
View Quote
I see completely misinterpreted still whats good is good
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Any time.
Link Posted: 8/31/2018 2:56:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Further exposing my lack of knowledge, would this be a good starter lower kit?

https://palmettostatearmory.com/palmetto-state-armory-classic-lower-build-kit-29040.html
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top