Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2024 12:04:34 PM EDT
Is anyone playing with this stuff for backup comms?
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 12:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 5:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Check YouTube S2 underground, he has a few videos about deploying it for backup comms
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It must be rapidly growing in popularity, whenever I look on etsy for it, they are sold out.  I'm just starting to watch some videos on it, got another ham at the club who's started tinkering with it, hoping to learn.
Link Posted: 2/27/2024 7:52:12 PM EDT
[#4]
There are tons of youtube channels but I have watched the comms channels. He talks about the boards a bunch, and I just ordered the wisblock starter kit. I like them because they are a lower power draw, no soldering, plugs for solar panels and have a built in charge controller, and plugs for batteries. A bonus in my mind is they dont have screens that show texts, they are just a radio with blue tooth, charging etc. and they are very cheap.
https://store.rakwireless.com/products/wisblock-meshtastic-starter-kit
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top