Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Great to see updates again!  As usual, an excellent installment!  

Thank you!

Link Posted: 2/18/2015 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#2]
DCB, "  The 'bones' of the story are done, and about five more--the labor/concentration is the
'assembly' process, which unfortunately, requires tweezers. Just FFF."
Not room for 5 more without expounding on the relationship/virtues of those to the others.FWIW
 BLG
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:17:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#3]

--StimpsonJ, we are full clear.  Same books.  Many dog-eared pages.  Very very glad the diesels are quiet now. I repeat to a wise man, at some pain, Nature Bats Last. A handshake, ASAP.  I have a lot of parts in crates.  "stars like fireflies" exactly.  Just exactly.  Of such moments are our lives made.  My L. sends you and your wife and daughter a giant whacking hug of love.

==========

--DeltaX78--if I have missed you?  Apologies in advance.  A new voice here?  Very pleased to see you under any circumstances.  Wish this process were mechanical.  I would rather be plumbing a house, feeding a dog, or pulling a trigger. Unfortunately, I am threading needles by candlelight, and the candles are guttering

--BLG, early adopter, I ask for some measure of patience.  On "Five More" "5 More" books/stories in this domain, I am hoping to establish a world in Soldier's Son, that will continue as long as I can compose/observe/interpret.  Injured Reserves is the 'The Bible' of this world, meant to last forever.  Injured was written in 2012.  The characters/story in Injured was/were designed to serve as proxy warriors/truth tellers through a long future, and would have been resurrected, as spoilers/game changers in Wet/Dry "The Listening Room"--is it possible that I can use Soldier's Son stories as a continual frame of reference, with some elements of prediction, through what we are witnessing now? I hope so.  So, a proposal, to BLG, and all, that I can weave the characters/themes of Injured and Soldier's through many stories, all referencing each other, and our present...difficulties.  A mighty task.  I will do my best.  Good to see you, BLG.  You got here early, and have been very patient.

--TEXT REMOVED .RE EPUB TOS ETC.-----

"Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of
space, across the fourth dimension, of time..." (DCBourone Injured
Reserves) Much thanks, DesignatedMarksman...

Ok.

Back to work.

DCBourone

Link Posted: 2/21/2015 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#4]
"God pours acid into the cesspool of our lives".... I've kinda felt that way myself lately, but I'll get over it.

Thanks for the update DCB, it was excellent.

Now that I know Tim drives a Prius I want him to die even more...lol
Link Posted: 2/21/2015 3:31:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the update.  Sounds like Tim's about to take another bite of a shit sandwich.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Death is coming to tim and Sylvia . Another awesome installment as usual.
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:47:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By FIELD_MP:
Thanks for the update.  Sounds like Tim's about to take another bite of a shit sandwich.
View Quote

I said 'pack a sammich'  a sh_t sammich should do fine.

I keep having this recurring thought that...I mean...if you went to the trouble to bury ONE bomb at or very near the cantina...why not at least one more.

"Bomb where they are, and then bomb where they are going to be."
Link Posted: 2/23/2015 11:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Mushroom clouds on the horizon, always a fear, a fevered nightmare from a couple of generations ago, scanning the edge of the earth where it creases into the sky for the rough beast’s arrival, a low grade anxiety which ebbed and flowed with the headlines of the day and the TV reports concerning the never ending international tensions and disingenuous disputes.

The tick of the clock, the weary stillness of the wee hours, the stand to in full kit in the pitch black of that hour before dawn in a damp, cold German field, the air stained with the diesels engines up and down the line being turned over and shut down again mixing with the surreptitious cigarette smoke from those so addicted that they were willing to risk the RSM’s fury.

I think for those of us that grew to age through the sixties, seventies and eighties, that anxiety cloud never, ever really dissipated. A simple phrase, a line, a word in an online story can whisk us back to the time when that fear first really seeped into our bones of what that cloud on the horizon would mean.

Paderborn is horrible at this time of the year, but then again so was Aldershot.  Funny, a quarter way around the  globe and even the stars are different, but the anxious drawing of the eyes to the horizon searching  for signs of the gathering storm is not different at all…

Authors have such power, almost 30 years ago brought  back in the turn of digital page.

Good update.

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 1:07:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#9]

Lungbuster, good to see you.  "Acid/cesspool"--everyone here has been extremely

courteous on the issue of theology.  There have been no debates about "how many

angels can dance on the head of a pin..."  Extremely grateful for that.  I suspect

many here would find my theology...foreign.  It is derived primarily from information

theory, and physics.  Net net: I hope for the divine, but have not experienced it.

And for those who have: I am acutely aware that I would have nothing of value,

were this not a Christian nation, built by and in honor of Christian Ethics, by men,

particularly one man, G. Washington, who understood himself to be a Sacrificial

Object, and had one, and only one, example to live by.  Nuff said at this time.

If this brief essay seems random at this time, after Lungbuster's cheerful/ironic

post?  It is not random.  There is nothing random about this story, precedents,

or my posts.  The only thing random here is fingers fumbling on the ancient radio

I tune, to listen, and compose.  Think vacuum tubes.  That dull orange glow

you saw as a child, when your grandfather, perhaps, was listening to classical

music, in a dark room.  Tune the radio....Because the stories are already....out there.

Good to see you, Lungbuster.  Also might I ask for us all, what scope on that nice

tool in your avatar?  And good paint.  Actually--excellent paint.  Poor coyote: no

more fawn gutting for him/her.

--Field/MP--your avatar a finest symbol of truth.  Very interesting to see the most effective

warrior cult of conquest, in history, masquerading as a religion.  Darwin might not have

been perfect, but he can tell us a great deal about how memes/codes are selected....

auditioned?  For performance.  What a brilliant code for taking people's stuff.  Nuff said

at this time.  Did I tell you that I would make you feel sorry for our villains?  Tim?  And

Sylvia?  Imagine that I might keep them around for awhile.  And educate them.

Assume they won't like it...much.

--KOW, very pleased to see you, as always.  Yes, death is coming for Tim and Sylvia, but

what meaning would death have, if they did not know why?  Let's see if we can teach them

a few things.  It might be useful to keep them around for awhile: we have a window into

sociopaths, and sociopathy, which seeks absolute power the way moths seek flame.

--StimpsonJ, as you know, most pleased to see you about.  Now, on "ONE bomb"--and

max joy here, and generally not a joyful person:  "bomb where they are, then bomb

where they're going to be..." is so past brilliant...and, well, exactly.  When possible.

I think I have an answer for you.  Language can do many things: briefly, speak to the

conscious?  As in: The Fight at the Cantina Tejas,  The First Strike,  The First Fight ( of

very very many )  Fairly well choreographed, I think, and a nice model for the conscious mind

on speed, audacity, brevity.  So quoting somebody I forget: if the conscious mind does 'tactics'

the unconscious or deep thinking mind should always be thinking/aware of 'logistics'--resources,

human and other, in the battle space, across an interval of time.  Assume that Billy was,

relatively speaking, in a 'hurry'--and assume that he has another place for warfare/combat,

on his terms, where his resources, human and other, make him almost invulnerable.  You know

where that place is: Waffenfab No. 6, where Tim must eventually go.  Tim just got an invitation.

To stick his head into a furnace.   Or a blender.  Let's see if I can thread

this needle.

--Radiohack, good to see you, and a handshake someday.  "Mushroom clouds" yes we have a deep

atavistic memory of atom smashing, now being slowly resurrected in the Ukraine, and always

present in Isr/Iran/other, and India/Pakistan.  It is a constant.  Now, on the recent detonation (fictional) in the Sinai--I hope people here will study the use of weapons as an anthropological

display activity, like Maori tattooed masks, and the beating of drums, and signal fires.  "Combat

is the control of...." etc.  In the particular instance of this story, 'somebody' is saying the nukes

are in play, again.  Like putting rounds into a hedge, or onto a ridgeline, where you would prefer somebody, leave, or not go in the first place.  The escalation from signaling to actual use, I hope to spread across many books.  Also use as a timing device: the next two, or three, books (depending

on how fast I can compose) TAKE PLACE AT THE SAME TIME AS THIS STORY, as other Librarians,

and their associates, get up to speed, and try to get to Gehr Waffen No. 6.  "Paderborn/Aldershot"

Radio, I really need some time in your library.  Hope I can make this story-telling work.

I like libraries. Ah, you might investigate search "tank battle China Farm" --Waffenfab no. 6 is

a China Farm obstacle course for opponents.  ah...I can do better than this, the terrain features

the Egyptians used so well at China Farm are too obscure...ok...trying to remember

the name of a Crusader fortress...in...Turkey?  Fantastic obstacles, design, cul-de-sacs.

A good model for Gehr Waffen no. 6.  The carnage will be epic.

GENERAL NOTE: Pretty important: on February 22, just two days ago, seven people read Injured Reserves.  I have no idea who you are.  Injured only appears here, and in one other place, as

a point of reference for this story.  I would very much like to know how you find Injured, see

you post, if you found it here.  We are in a momentum game: mine, yours.  Someone else bought Wet or Dry, which is astounding.  Please contact us here, if you are comfortable doing so.  So. Much thanks to many, who have found, and advocate for, Injured Reserves.
I will repeat here, then, (master salesman that I am (not)) that
Injured Reserves is a kind of moral guide for the Gehr family, was
written by a family member, and is a text designed to serve many
purposes, some of which are beginning to emerge here. The first third of
Injured can be found for FREE FREE, as the second half of (DCBourone
Amazon The Listening Room) and that first third should be enough to
acquaint one and all if the the need, not want, to continue reading.
Much thanks, all.

Ok.
Back to work.
DCBourone

--

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 3:55:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

I ask for us all, what scope on that nice
tool in your avatar?  And good paint.  Actually--excellent paint.

View Quote

It is a Pentax Lightseeker. It has been replaced by an old Leupold. The Pentax had an unfortunate accident with a 4-wheeler..... Thanks on the paint, it was my first "sponge job".

Here's a little bit better of a pic of it ( not to derail this thread of course).....

Link Posted: 2/24/2015 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#11]
DCB, you misconstrue. I have not a prod in hand. Only a turkey hunters chair, looking for some fine oak or cottonwood tree to set up against, so I can make my plea to
yonder gobbler who strutts gobbles and drums. ( purrr, purrr, yelp, yelp, yelp) And vexes me while he spins his pirouette, flashy iridescence in the early morning sun light,,,,,,,,,,,,,60 yards away and across the neighbors fence,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where I have no leave to be,,,,,,,,,,, yes, that's me. Patience.

BLG
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 6:52:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I bought wet or dry.  I actually meant to post on this forum about it.

Is it bad form to start a discussion thread about wet or dry? I'd like to talk about the writing style as well as the story, and what's left out or not yet put into the story.
Link Posted: 2/24/2015 7:47:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Very grateful to get a double-tap of updates. Thank you!

For every word I write here there are 1,000 I keep to myself. So when I say, "thank you" know there's much more to it.

Unrelated, but wanted to share:
I got a little morale boost the other day. My 13yr old daughter came to me and said "Do you have a copy of the Constitution I can have? I want a copy to study. I think my teacher is full of crap."  Of course I had one for her, and yes her teacher was full of crap. Just very glad she's thinking for herself and looking for answers/truth in the right places. There's still hope.  

Link Posted: 2/25/2015 12:45:58 PM EDT
[#14]

DC,

Billy was 'in a hurry'...this is much like Spock 'making a guess'.

I figured Waff#6 was gonna be fun when you described the gate.

Airsix,

Grats on the girl, an independent thinker.  Don't forget to teach her how to hide that skill when needed.
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 1:29:24 PM EDT
[#15]
We are in a world of sh-t......

I see Pvt Pyle sitting on the toilet sayin' that to Joker just before he pops his grape.

Good luck Timmy boy....  Good luck......
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:26:27 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm just guessing, of course, but I bet young Sam is going to receive some pretty impactful life-lessons in the not-too-distand-future. Aye, DCB?

Hollywood indeed!

Thanks for the update, bro! Still Jonesin' for the finished product . . .
Link Posted: 2/25/2015 8:27:45 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm just guessing, of course, but I bet young Sam is going to receive some pretty impactful life-lessons in the not-too-distand-future. Aye, DCB?

Music business intros indeed!

Thanks for the update, bro! Still Jonesin' for the finished product . . .
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 4:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#18]
UPDATE FOLLOWS COMMENTS:

--Lungbuster, beautiful sponge job.  Pics seems to be gone.  Damn.  I like the pic.  Not possible

to derail this thread.  Any/all/the more the better, most welcome.

--BLG--yonder gobbler who struts and drums/sixty yards away!  More brilliance!  Max funny, dude.

Patience indeed.

--DFarm, much thanks on Wet or Dry.  By all means post any comments here.  For any following

this thread at extreme resolution, "DCBourone Wet or Dry" is what I originally thought I would

be writing about for the rest of my life--all things Artificial Intelligence--seen a few news items,

like every FFFing day now, about A.I,/robots/etc.????  Part of the reason we are here: The Masters

have already seen the end of work, and they are foreclosing on real property, and liberty, as

rapidly as possible.  DO NOT BUY WET OR DRY.  Repeat: Do Not Buy Wet or Dry.  If you are

interested, download for FREE FREE FREE "Amazon DCBourone The Listening Room"  DFarm, if

you are still in the seven day Amazon return window, please feel free to return.  RANDOM NOTE:

Amazon pricing serves many purposes: on purpose is to deflect 'drive-by'/hate reviewers.  For

--airsix, 1000 to one, sounds about right.  Just fantastically difficult to get anything that 'looks'

like what you want to see/hear on the page.  Just tough tough tough.  A thirteen year old asking'

for copy constitution????  Brilliant, dude.

---StimpsonJ, good to see you.  Billy/hurry/Spock...brilliant.  And RIP Spock.  Just FFF.

And the big note here, amazing to see so much depth: "learn to hide that skill when required"

Just awesome, STimpsonJ.

--grwlf, yep Timmy boy's problems are just beginning.  Everybody familiar with the old garroting

chairs used in the middle east, Turkey and so on?  Well the executioner just tapped the wheel.

Pretty soon that wheel will be spinning.  Poor Timmy.

--Sam the Tech is going to get a snapshot of the real Tim, real soon.  Assume that any Named

Character you see in this first book I intend to keep around, basically, forever.  Short of a

villain or two.============

-----TEXT REMOVED .RE EPUB TOS ETC.---

Ok.

Back to work.

DCBourone
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 5:58:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Gov. Taking control of the internet, and ATF's ammo ban.  We're just stumbling head first down this dark road.
Nice update, hope they come faster. Thanks
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 6:16:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Nothing more terrifying than when the guy you have been poking at for 10 minutes in the bar finally sighs and drops into a fighting stance.  OK...lets.

The sudden realization you are not the most dangerous person in the room.

Thanks DC.

Link Posted: 2/27/2015 7:11:54 PM EDT
[#21]
DCB, GREAT update,  oops, better sit back down under this tree.

BLG
Link Posted: 2/27/2015 9:07:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Ho-kay, I've already done all the above ... what else can I do?

Serious question.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:00:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DFARM] [#23]
I don't plan on "returning" wet or dry, I have spent money on things that I got much less enjoyment out of. (Have you ever purchased airplane food?lol)

I enjoyed the story, even though I have many questions that I'm sure would have been answered if the story was finished.
I would really like to know more about the "blue max".  The butler character was a bit creepy and interesting as well.

I'd really like to discuss the writing style.  I read injured first and thought that the "rough" pace or rhythm went well with the story of battle, so I didn't think of it as a hindrance, more as a way to put the reader in the story.  I found the same "rhythm" in wet or dry.  I really felt that it made the story hard to follow in that case.  

Is this style of writing inspired by other works or authors?  That style of writing is definitely different and interesting to me as it seems like it makes my mind "chew" on what I read before it's fully processed.  I also have the same feeling when I read texts from our country's beginning, like the federalist papers and common sense.

I admit that I am usually more drawn to the action packed and fast paced stories like soldier's son and the other stories that are posted on here.

I almost feel like wet or dry and injured are above my reading level or my level of comprehension and I have no business reading them, as I have actually had to research some things from the story.  The "fire" in Texas being the major topic that took some looking into, and I was a bit surprised that some of the characters in that story were also in a story set in Idaho.

Thanks for the update and thank you for any further discussions that take place here.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:32:57 AM EDT
[#24]
WOW. I'm on page 2 of this tread.

Not really sure why I've not seen it till now. Thanks for causing me no sleep. Can't wait to keep reading!!!

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 12:35:10 AM EDT
[#25]
And the plot thickens... A known Gher ally, or one who will be? I think a known friendly.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:55:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Things are in getting into motion now eh?  I really like the last couple of updates.

Thank you DCB!
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:06:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#27]
We see a lot of traffic going your way.
View Quote

We
View Quote

It took me a re-read to note that.  Tim didn't even notice.

Fine business...the fire can be left unattended tonight.  The story will keep us warm.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 1:49:36 AM EDT
[#28]

Just double hell you guys are good.  Getting more time to think/write now.

StimpsonJ/...."we"--exactly.  And a bunch of other comments.  Terrifying Texan

is actually Byron York.  He will be a serious player, hopefully for many books.

The Deputy ran one of his classes, many moons ago.  The rifle is a Sako .338 Lapua,

which is still kind of a staple.  The rifle, and many other things, were gifts from

Gehr Waffen no. 6.  Byron York's full bio will show up shortly.  Assume that Everybody in this first blueprint book, who is specifically named,

is intended to walk out across many many years.  Short a few villains.

Just a quick note tonight, when I saw the messages stacking.

More soon.

Good to see everybody.

Complete reply, and probably an update, next 24/48.

DCB
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 2:42:38 AM EDT
[#29]

It might have been more terrifying to have had him walk off into the field and disappear.

We'll never see them.  We'll never know if they are there.

This is the thing Tim saw and feared...I can barely see you there, directly in front of me.  An apparition of some long promised threat, made real.  How do I fight you when you choose to not be seen?

The only thing that would make this person more frightening would be the proof that they can come and go unhindered and unseen.

Well that...and the very wet and very red reality of incoming rounds from said stalker.

The Prius is armor class 1 Tim...vehicle disable level...easy...good luck.
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 10:51:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

Just double hell you guys are good.  Getting more time to think/write now.
StimpsonJ/...."we"--exactly.  And a bunch of other comments.  Terrifying Texan
is actually Byron York.  He will be a serious player, hopefully for many books.
The Deputy ran one of his classes, many moons ago.  The rifle is a Sako .338 Lapua,
which is still kind of a staple.  The rifle, and many other things, were gifts from
Gehr Waffen no. 6.  Byron York's full bio will show up shortly.  Assume that Everybody in this first blueprint book, who is specifically named,
is intended to walk out across many many years.  Short a few villains.

Just a quick note tonight, when I saw the messages stacking.

More soon.

Good to see everybody.

Complete reply, and probably an update, next 24/48.

DCB
View Quote

so looking forward to it. Every installment is a bright spot in my day.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:16:39 PM EDT
[#31]
damn fine installment...
Link Posted: 3/1/2015 12:31:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Please don't take offense because it's not meant in anyway but constructive.

Since the kid and this new guy seem to be doing 338's. I that there will be some knowledge in long-range shooting. There is a hell of a lot more to it than just pointing and shooting.
The wind has effect and the mirage is telling you a story if you pay attention.

Link Posted: 3/1/2015 4:09:37 PM EDT
[#33]
WOW!

How have I not seen this thread till now?

I'm on page 10 of this thread already. The story you are weaving is phenomenal. Keep it coming. The next 30 pages of thread are not going to last long!

Link Posted: 3/2/2015 4:38:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Comments:

GENERAL NOTE: Pace of story, and posting, should pick up a bit now.

Almost put up another update tonight, see it still needs some work, also trying to

write ahead.  We're at about 86,000 words now, or according to Amazon, about 350

pages. Was hoping to get this right at 400 pages, looking more like....440 now.

We'll see.  Also jotting chunks of text from notes for books 2/3/4.

--KOW, always good to see you.  You've been here a long time.  Very much

appreciate your patience.

--Mongo7, good to see you.  If you have time, please tell us about your avatar. I'm

thinking Russian conscript with a Mosin, but I'm hoping for a Finn.

--Trapshooter12, no harm no foul on pretty much any comment.  It's a long time

ago, but do you remember the sound baffles made out of tires at Gehr Waffenfab?

They were built in particular for .338 Lapua, and .50's, because as you know,

POA with/without suppressors is different, and spinning scope dials can be a drag...  

And the big guns are just....loud.  Nice to have those baffles.  I don't think I will let you down on the tools of this particular trade.  If I do, shout out.  Also 'fiction' for the ( limited ) masses

has certain inherent limitations on how much detail will be tolerated.  I am probably

pushing those limits pretty hard right now.  Also 'pretty sure' that the Sako TRG series,

as old as it is, still has a lot of credibility.  Good to see you, Trap12.

--Call2Arms, mighty pleased to see you again, so quickly.  Daily encouragement

to the word picker and comma pounder is highly recommended.  I've already

"seen" the story(s).  Writing it down is another matter entirely.

GENERAL COMMENT: Next up, Terrifying Texan ( Byron York )--his bio, in context,

his expansion into the Gehriverse, Mr. Tim Bassinger gets a little deeper into

the extent of his....compromised world, and meets a ferocious young lady

in San Antonio.  Byron and this young lady will be, almost, the last of the

characters I intend to keep forever.  And much thanks to those who have found

Injured Reserves.  It keep percolating along at about two a day.  Not bad for

a Norse poem.

Ok.
Back to work.
DCBourone
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 8:14:36 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
And the plot thickens... A known Gher ally, or one who will be? I think a known friendly.
View Quote

Looking forward to more info on said Texan.  Already allied with the Soldier's son or just a like minded person or group that will assist.

Hmmm.....
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 9:14:07 AM EDT
[#36]
Good Morning DCB,

'Tis good to see that your Power Comma Hammer is working well!  I definitely enjoyed watching Tim's pucker factor approach 11 or so with his phone call and then his encounter with "The Texan".  It is interesting to see someone getand not even realize it YET!  Keep up the good work!

PS: MOAR!! (Please?)

Link Posted: 3/3/2015 2:40:33 AM EDT
[#37]
I really like Byron York; I envision his character easily. Chris Kyle embodiment?  
Kyle is one of my personal heroes; despite being heroically gifted as a soldier, he was humble, practiced his values, and served something greater than himself. Those traits aren't championed in our society anymore. Maybe it's just my mind bending toward the familiar. Either way a cut from the same cloth; Chris Kyle, Michael Gehr, Byron York.

Maybe I'm entirely wrong, and you're thinking Alan Jackson meets Duck Dynasty, or Dolph Lundgren meets Gandalf.

Okay, probably not either of those.

Good work, keep on.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:19:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#38]
UPDATE FOLLOWS COMMENTS:

--grywlf52, perpetually unnerving to see you and others anticipating this story.  "Gehr alliance/

known friendly?"  Just exactly.  Long ago, when I was puzzling about 'what story to tell'

I wrote the 'bones'/characters/essential conflicts' of this story.  A Byron York was essential.

My intention was to create a kind of perpetual 'overwatch' character.  A bit of a mystery. I intend to walk him out for the next twenty years.  Everybody here might check out: Confessions of

an Economic Hitman.  Pretty much a lefty author.  But pretty much on the mark.  Some other people

never met those fine natives, who were bleeding for the people, and trees, and lizards, and rodents, and clean water, and the perfect tropical lake ( there aren't any, they are are full of native sewage...).  Some other people might have met a bunch of stone age savages who were looking for a bank account in Luxembourg, or the Isle of Mann, and a bathtub full of champagne and Ukrainian prostitutes in Paris.  It is pretty dark out there.  And getting darker.  Good FFing call, grywlf52.

--GreenGiant, "Power Hammer/Comma" --just generally not enough laughter my side.  But the Power Hammer for Commas just wrecks me.  Wish I had come up with that.  And I am telling you all that

you will finally feel sorry for Tim, and Sylvia.  There is no Gothic torture they have not earned.

But our job is to do the essential thing, and when possible, instruct, correct, redeem.  Is is possible

to instruct two sociopaths?  Let's find out...

--PFunkk--good call on Chris K.  This character was mapped out before Chris K. became known in popular culture.  I have about six 'story lines' I would like to write.  Soldier's Son is one.  But this character, Byron York, and the importance of Texas, comes from the same place Kyle came from: Texas culture, Old History, Deep History.  Texas is a very odd combination of geography, natural resources, and, very important: privately owned 'property.'

---------------TEXT REMOVED 01042019 .RE EPUB TOS ETC.---------

Ok.

Back to work.

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:46:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#40]
On one side was an engraving of a knight on a horse. The knight was spearing a great serpent. On the other side were the words, "Sic Semper Tirannis”
 Well the kids gonna get some help. Ahh, balance. a wonderful word.

Looking good DCB      

BLG
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:26:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#41]
"In Case Of…No Controlling Legal Authority”

I spat Zero thru my nose.

But I think it is "Tyrannis"

My memory instantly spat up a knight on a horse spearing a dragon...a statue I remembered from Stockholm.  Are we being visited by Saint George?  An interesting patron Saint to say the least.  Knights and ladies taming rather than slaying dragons.  Still, you have hinted at redemption.

Another thread enters the weave.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:42:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MemeWarfare] [#42]
[
This update is a home-run!  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Bravo.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:38:02 PM EDT
[#44]
I wish someone would give me a present like that.....
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:42:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Awesome!  

Typo ... Jellied fat ... Or gelled fat?

Can't wait now the pace has picked up.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#46]
I vote for 500 pages +!!!!

Don't ever let it stop!

"Doin' good ain't got no end."

Although, I despise the character who opined that phrase (in one of the best films ever dedicated to acetate), I subscribe to the philosophy. I just pray there's good folks out there who believe as I do - but, who are in a far better position to make a difference (than I am)!

Keep up the good work, DCB! I'm still loving every word.  
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 7:53:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
I wish someone would give me a present like that.....
View Quote

A gift like that don't come from wishn',  it comes from doin'  

Link Posted: 3/4/2015 11:24:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Excellent post, I want more......love the character development.  What about Sylvia?  I need to go back and look up the name of the cop that was with her.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:24:49 AM EDT
[#49]
I love the Dragonfly part.  I thought I was the only one that shot Dragonflies off the fence as a kid 48 years ago.  I only had a BB Gun in them days.

You have a great talent DC.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:23:05 AM EDT
[#50]
And now I will patiently wait for the next update. The last 2 have been fantastically done.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top