Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 84
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:18:29 PM EDT
[#1]

To the impatient.

I get it...I really do...and I want to read the next stuff as bad as you do.

But not til it's done.

/throws another log on the fire/
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 11:43:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

To the impatient.

But not til it's done.

View Quote

I think we are all quite patient, I'll wait however long it takes to get more of DCB's poetry, but I'm going to post and tease to encourage him so he knows we appreciate his time and hard work.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:

I think we are all quite patient, I'll wait however long it takes to get more of DCB's poetry, but I'm going to post and tease to encourage him so he knows we appreciate his time and hard work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2T2_Crash:
Originally Posted By stimpsonjcat:

To the impatient.

But not til it's done.

Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:22:09 AM EDT
[#4]
/+ large pot/

/+ oil (just a bit)/

/+ corn/

/+ wait/

/+ shake pot/

/+ wait/

/+ shake pot/

Waiting for the main feature to continue after the intermission.

Thanks Stimpy for the fire!  Makes popcorn easy!
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 11:00:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't write or speak eloquently like DCB or Stimpson.

I just wanted to say thanks for the story. I've been following it for months and have refrained from hitting the reply button.

I read Injured Reserves a couple of weeks ago and I should probably read it again. It kind of reminded me of the Poetic Edda that I read many years ago, and like IR, some of it was over my head.
But I just knew it was a great story, re-told and re-written over the centuries, just like Injured Reserves will be.

An uninteresting thing about me: Although it's been 20+ years since I've read the Poetic Edda and I've forgotten 90% of it, there is a line from one of the stories that has stuck with me all these years. I'm a hunter/trapper and when I shoot an animal this line pops into my head and I recite it to myself. "And than there came from hunting the weather-eyed shooter". Don't know why, it just does.... The reason I write this now is I wonder if I will be saying "Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of space. Across the fourth dimension of time" 20 years from now. Folks will probably think I'm a crazy old man...( if we make it that far)......

Thanks again for the great story.

I gave IR 5 stars and a simple review, and just bought Wet or Dry.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:46:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Hurry every chance you get and take a lot of chances!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 12:46:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: stimpsonjcat] [#7]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:

Woah!  Don't put me up there with DC.  Undeserved credit.  If I have a story like IR batting around in my skull it is in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet with a sign on it that says "Beware of the Leopard!"

Originally Posted By Lungbuster:I gave IR 5 stars and a simple review, and just bought Wet or Dry.

There ya go, that's how this happens.  Little nudges on the immovable rock, until it finally starts to move...and then we can all stand on the hill, smiling, as we watch it smash the unaware in the valley.

The little phrases we keep from stories are important.  They provide guidance to make very fast decisions in line with your moral code...which can be huge.  Many folks don't carry around such...hmmm...guard-rails, maybe?...so when confronted with the unknown or dangerous or even just plain opportunity they lock up, or seek the greatest advantage rather than the noble course.  If you have a simple moral code this doesn't happen to you, you OODA and move.  You CANNOT waffle or cheat what must be done, because to do so you'd have to throw away those little phrases and quotes you cherish.  So make them good ones.

My personal favorites are the Litany against fear from the Dune stories, and Heinlein's "A human being should be able to..."  Between those two I find a very straight road to follow with lots of on-ramps and very few off-ramps.  It's also fairly free of traffic, and filled with folks willing to help you change a tire.  

Shadows and Shepherds...indeed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#8]

--StinmpsonJ, "throw another log on the fire..."  Awesome.  Extremely pleased to see this thread take

on a life of its own. An unlikely intention come to life.  As this thread and any others like it will be the

'footnotes'/collaboration/enhancement of Injured/Soldiers/The Gehriverse--well, I have other intentions,

long bets, many have worked out, a few have not.  We shall see.  But so far, looking good, aside from

my tarded inability to 'force' my side of the process.

--2T2/Crash--the prodding and continuing conversation extremely helpful.  Pretty good at modeling the

future, aside from my timing this is a best projection so far, but a series of stories in the Gehriverse

still a kind of abstraction, 'unreal', let's say, compared to a knife on a desk, a coin, a chunk of jade,

a Smith M28 with no finish.  Have a desk full of artifacts, selected for solidity, permanence, physical

and historical integrity.  Words seem vaporous.  I see this conversation here, many many like minds,

almost all more practical than mine, and the words seem less ephemeral.  Much thanks, 2T2.

--StimpsonJ, this 'log on the fire' image is...perfect.

--GreenGiant, very pleased to see you again, and pardon my occ./absence.  I see the fire motif expanded...

Popcorn.  Max fun.  Not much of a carb consumer anymore, but would certainly lapse for some

popcorn popped in bacon grease...

--Lungbuster, very pleased to see you, and please post anything of interest, as you see fit...every post

here expands any story I might come up with.  Text/commerce/fiction have very narrow requirements/structures/

continuing themes, and simply will not tolerate this level of detail and the kind of expansion you will find

over and over in these 'notes'--this conversation is where a story lives, or dies.  On the Edda, the fact that

you even know what this is, astounds.  Your memory of phrase "the weather-eyed shooter (likely also 'weather-

eyed /hunter/', depending on translation," is a near perfect example of 'kenning'--the conjoining of several

phrases/words/thoughts to create a new/more accurate/original 'word/concept'--and now you see where

I borrow what I can: "Text/commerce/fiction" etc., conjunction through '/' is a form of 'kenning.'  "Much that

was known, has been lost..."

--from Lungbuster: "combat is the control of your adversary..., etc."--as Injured is a kind of compressed

"mission statement" among many other things, both a moral guide/example, and a 'how to'--many lessons

condensed, you will see many other purposeful phrasings--"First shoot where they are, than shoot where

they're going to be--" and so on.  Read, imaged, repeated enough, the lessons become second nature.  See

StimpsonJ very perceptive post below--

--Trapshooter12, most pleased to see you, and you anticipate my greatest dilemma, "don't let the perfect

be the enemy of the good..." very difficult, because your correspondent is a horrible perfectionist when

it comes to words/meanings, and language is a crude tool, and I am new to this form of language, by

my standards.

--and now StimpsonJ, on 'guidance/fast decisions/moral code/OODA" well....just....exactly.  Many many times

here this congregation of minds perfectly anticipates/distills my intent/hopes.  Your example here astounds.

"Little phrases and quotes you cherish"--exactly.  Dune litany, fear is the mind killer, Heinlein, well your whole

paragraphs are epic, and, um, can I borrow them, someday?  Very pleased to see the "Shadows and Shepherds"

quote here, St, but also not surprised, as it is a core warning/clue in Injured, and you see it for what it is.

--and continuing thanks on Injured, which thanks to everyone here, and a few others elsewhere, has gone

from 1 sale a month, to an average of TWO A DAY...no, this is not small beer for probably the oddest Kindle

Single of all.  

GENERAL NOTE: Time is just beginning to free up a bit, still editing, which is easy, compared to new construction.

Still have 20k plus words to go.  StimpsonJ knows I need to sharpen my tools, make some chips.  Will do.

"Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of space.  Across the fourth dimension, of time."

(Kindle Single Injured Reserves) Thank you Designated Marksman, StimpsonJ, Lunbuster, and all.

Back to work, train a dog, sand some callus.

DCBourone
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Stimpson J one of my personal favorites

Learn from other peoples mistakes, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.

As I get older I have forgotten the mistakes of other people and as the memory starts to fade I find I am making other peoples past mistakes and calling them my own.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
DCB,  please keep up the excellent work.  Just bought injured reserve and ripped right thru it!!!
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:27:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By DCBourone:

--StinmpsonJ, "throw another log on the fire..."  Awesome.  Extremely pleased to see this thread take
on a life of its own.
View All Quotes

on a life of its own.

Well YOU said the conversation was important.  The thread got cold, a fire seemed appropriate.  GG brought the popcorn.  Never done it in bacon fat...may try that tomorrow.

--Lungbuster, very pleased to see you, and please post anything of interest, as you see fit...every post
here expands any story I might come up with.  

He means it...I checked...keep posting.  Apparently no thought, born of this story, will be tossed aside without consideration.  It seems we are all wearing skeleton gloves.

--Trapshooter12, most pleased to see you, and you anticipate my greatest dilemma, "don't let the perfect
be the enemy of the good..." very difficult, because your correspondent is a horrible perfectionist when
it comes to words/meanings, and language is a crude tool, and I am new to this form of language, by
my standards.

I, for one, prefer the artist to be MOSTLY happy with his work.  But my wife has often come to the forge and pronounced something I was unhappy with 'perfect' and marched off with it.  I understand the concept..."an artist needs someone to come and take his work away from him when it is done"...however...I am, very likely, too much like DC to believe in it.

--and now StimpsonJ, on 'guidance/fast decisions/moral code/OODA" well....just....exactly.  Many many times
here this congregation of minds perfectly anticipates/distills my intent/hopes.  Your example here astounds.
"Little phrases and quotes you cherish"--exactly.  Dune litany, fear is the mind killer, Heinlein, well your whole
paragraphs are epic, and, um, can I borrow them, someday?  Very pleased to see the "Shadows and Shepherds"
quote here, St, but also not surprised, as it is a core warning/clue in Injured, and you see it for what it is.

I feel a fool responding to this.  But you will expect it, so...
You, sir, have invited us into this story.  You COULD have simply used this thread as a means of 'proofing' your words.  This clearly isn't your purpose.  Yes, commas must be bent.  But you have made it clear that, maybe not SS, but IR is metaphorical.  You (and to some smaller extent, perhaps, 'we') are chiseling the text of some larger covenant, if not into stone, certainly into bytes that won't fade quickly.  Tablets from the mountain?  Maybe not.  But words with physical weight.  So for my part I will continue to try to see the vision as much as the story.

"Can I borrow them, someday?"

I would not have put them here if I didn't want them part of this.  I thought the rock metaphor was sufficient...I simply want to be there, in spirit, when this rock of yours is tumbling down it's hill, completely unstoppable in its momentum.  I want to hand you the proverbial beer you will have earned at that moment.  

Did I ever tell you how I met David Crawford?

/shuts up...points at what lungbuster is doing...and steals popcorn from GreenGiant/
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 8:37:22 PM EDT
[#12]

I went and read the newer reviews for IR.

Not sure if 'SK' is here or not, but if you are...that review is excellent.  That is the kind of review it needs to start to find a broader audience.  

Well done.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 4:04:30 AM EDT
[#13]

GENERAL NOTES WILL FOLLOW:

First, all is well, but the perfect is the enemy of the good, and time is short, because we

all have dependents, and their needs rule.

On the other hand, your correspondent is somewhat ruthless, and will carry on, and dependents,

to various degrees, understand this, and will stand the FFF down. Sort of.  Because we love them.

And they love us.  But...this is really not their game.  And so one.  And many men here understand

my position.  Nuff said at this time.

NOW, to recent posts:

--Trapshooter12, posting on Stimpsonj...well, that is just the best of us: "Learn from other peoples mistakes, because you won't live long enough to make them all yourself." This first is Deep Wisdom, and The Second: "
As I get older I have forgotten the mistakes of other people and as the
memory starts to fade I find I am making other peoples past mistakes and
calling them my own..." is the best of Wisdom,

and Humility, and so...very pleased to know you.  Wish I could write faster.  See my competition, auto-writing, many

books read, but no life lived, remembered, and honoured, and so I must step up the pace.

--Mongo7382...a new voice here???  Am I mistaken?  Much thanks on Injured.  If you have the time, please post a review.  Game Theory

says that our opposition will show up shortly, if I can produce on time ( not yet, but someday ) and Injured Reserves is the antidote

to all that we find foul.  You/other/our reviews are the only antidote to our opposition. I see pulses on Injured...no sales for days, than five in a day,

someone talking to someone.  Marvelous.  So far, Injured makes two dollars a day, courtesy of the voices here.  A great triumph, for

such on odd chunk of prose, history, war, and blood of our Fathers.  Much thanks, Mongo.

--now, StimpsonJ...cannot say what I want to say.  But, very pleased to see you.  Nuff said at this time.  Logs on fire, popcorn in

in bacon fat, all substitutes for the future, I think.  My SO has watched all you videos....the link is forged. Yes, we all are wearing

skeleton gloves, and hand-painted masks, deception/shock is a science, which is leaking out.  See the French in Mali, and expand.

Nuff said at this time.  The Wife, who tolerates us, and discriminates between the perfect, and the good...I suppose I must listen

to her....because time is short.

--StimpsonJ refers so "tablets from the mountain"--on the mark, ST, but I am compromised by being human, and an animal,

but WILL DO MY BEST.  Nuff said at this time.  David C./Lungbuster/etc./ next evolution, StimpsonJ.  We have enough in common,

at this point.

--StimpsonJ, sk review, exactly.

--StimpsonJ, others, you might appreciate this: the SOUND of Injured Reserves, Billy Spears and Gretky's War:

--https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXqCzD38zX0

--1:18 for the cold start diesels...

--3:14 for the turbines spooling up...

__7:23 for the best sound in the world...getting home, full throttle.

GENERAL NOTE: Much thanks to all who
have found, and advocate for, Injured Reserves. I will repeat here,
then, that Injured Reserves is a kind
of moral guide for the Gehr family, was written by a member of the Gehr
family, and is a text designed to serve many purposes, some of which are
beginning to emerge here. In the recent context of the extended
conversation about George Washington: The Father of our Country. The
Essential Man. I will prompt all to consider that Injured Reserves is
the story of a war-fighter whose First Hero and Mentor is George
Washington, an ultimate example of Courage, and Sacrifice. The first
third of
Injured can be found for FREE FREE, as the second half of search
(DCBourone Amazon The Listening Room) and that first third should be
enough to acquaint one and all if they need, not want, to continue
reading.  Injured Reserves is not, I repeat,

not, entertainment.
"Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of
space, across the fourth dimension, of time..." (Kindle Single Injured
Reserves) Thank you, DesignatedMarksman
Ok.
Back to work.
DCBourone

Link Posted: 1/23/2015 10:08:17 AM EDT
[#14]
MOAR!!!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 2:05:36 PM EDT
[#15]
THE PREAMBLE TO THE
DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE
By Atticus

Of old, when Freedom dwelt in this her land,
In words of flaming fire she penned her creed.
A noble charter then for us she planned,
Then fled afar to serve a greater need.

A rumor strange and dire now brings her home:
"My own, my own! What is it ye have done?
The word of Freedom sleeps in musty tome,
And Freedom's fruitage never sees the sun!"

With bitter words the humbled land replies:
"Beneath the yoke of gold all necks are bowed."
Yet to some spirits that are tired of lies,
Still speaks the old Preamble's credo loud.

"The last and foulest tyranny shall fall
When slaves arise at Freedom's trumpet-call."

Link Posted: 1/27/2015 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Hmm...I am starting to notice some other similaritys to GRRM

Just messing with you, the longer the wait the sweeter the treat
Link Posted: 1/27/2015 8:51:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm having thoughts this is coming out in about two weeks. But it could have been a Gas bubble.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 12:59:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Trapshooter12:
I'm having thoughts this is coming out in about two weeks. But it could have been a Gas bubble.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 1:55:08 PM EDT
[#19]

GENERAL NOTE: all well here, winding down some generic friction, lost about 60 days.

Got the first thousand words of new comp yesterday.  Much thanks to all who keep

this thread alive.  If you could see digital files of 'notes/etc.'--many many 100k's,

that might provide some sense of continuity, but notes are not text, etc., understood.

--South/Side/Shooter, most pleased to see you.  Assuming you see now that the

thread here is a critical/essential part of the 'story'--many wise voices here.

--airsix, no possible thanks my side sufficient.  "Musty tome"--well, we're blowing the

dust off now, are we not?

--JohnnyBoy, good to see you, and GRRM, you mean G.R.R. Martin?/Ice/Fire?

If so...well, lots of smart people here.  Exactly my intent/model/hope.  Very very

difficult task.  But yes, many years of world-building.  Problem: not full time yet,

and very much a perfect is the enemy of the good perfectionist.  See many many...

missed opportunities.  Language a dull tool, and you see me at my limits here.

Injured was written with no concessions, it took as long as it took, but popular

fiction has severe requirements for structure, and speed of production.  Am not fast.

Must adapt, etc.

--Trapshooter12, very pleased to see you.  Two weeks/gas bubble, max funny!  The last

20k pages are...a trial.  And still much editing/cover/blurb etc./---but time has freed

up a bit recently.

--and airsix, gas bubble...exactly.

--GENERAL NOTE: everyone here, and on one other site, is keeping Injured alive.  Averaging

about two reads a day now.  Seems like nothing, but no, that is considerable, given the

difficulty of the text.  My thanks insufficient.

Ok, back to work.

DCBourone

space, across the fourth dimension, of time..." (Kindle Single Injured
Reserves) Thank you, DesignatedMarksman

Link Posted: 1/28/2015 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#20]

--airsix, no possible thanks my side sufficient.  "Musty tome"--well, we're blowing the
dust off now, are we not?

View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2015 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Johnnyb01:

Hmm...does not feel like we are that far into the story...but you did say this was hopefully the first of a series correct? I could easily see this developing into something the length of kings dark tower series or martins song of fire and ice series. Just the amount of detail and "back story" you could put into it
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Johnnyb01:
Structurally not quite one third through this thing and we're at about 45K words or 180 pages.  Ouch.
DCB

Hmm...does not feel like we are that far into the story...but you did say this was hopefully the first of a series correct? I could easily see this developing into something the length of kings dark tower series or martins song of fire and ice series. Just the amount of detail and "back story" you could put into it

Yep, said this way back on pg 12

Was messing with you about the GRRM and making your readers wait comment man. Art is rarely instant and painless, and I think the best of it is slow and close to torturous to the artist.
Link Posted: 2/1/2015 8:43:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By Mongo7382:

DCB,  please keep up the excellent work.  Just bought injured reserve and ripped right thru it!!!
View Quote
Now that you have had time to ponder it. You need to re-read it and then go back again and study it. Much more buried under the words.

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:55:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#23]
UPDATE AND COMMENTS:

Apologies for timing, and lack thereof.  Not a professional.  Yet....

--airsix, I see you squared, and cubed.  Just getting started...feels pretty good.

--JohnnyB01--you got it.  Art is in the eye and mind of the viewer, but the first first viewer is the composer.

In my experience, and in the experience of the composers I respect, the composition is excruciating.  The only

reward is the effect.  Or some element of necessity.  A reduction of choices...to the essential.  Good eye, good

tone, JohnnyB.  Please speak here when you feel it appropriate. DCBourone.

--Mongo/Beirut25, good to see you both, and and on the same page.  Beirut, feeling the years, normally don't, but a

lot of lessons learned, AND FORGOTTEN, there, in that place, at that time...who, and who was not, authorized, to have loaded magazines?  That

was the difference. Nuff said at this time. The Commonwealth folks took no prisoners.  Just FFFFFF.

--Beirut25...stepping lightly...much appreciate your avatar...deeply artful.  So we have a common task: how to gently

remind our best friends of Deep History.  Gently.  Injured is a five dimensional text.  It is not friendly to the first, orcasual, observer.  But it is exactly what you have found it to be, and perhaps more.  Please assume all and everything thatI might read into your Avatar.  Splendid stuff.  So you know that
Injured was not built and designed for today, or just this year.  But
this, or next, or many... years.  This is something we have to careful about. From
our point of view:

--we owe massive thanks,to Mongo, for taking such a chance on a strange text.

-
--TEXT REMOVED .RE EPUB TOS ETC.----

"Combat is the control of your adversary in the three dimensions of space, across the fourth dimension. Of time..." (Kindle Single Injured Reserves DCBourone) thankyou, DesignatedMarksman...

Ok, back to work.

DCB
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 4:35:28 AM EDT
[#24]
I finished watching the last episode of Sons of Liberty (I know. Guilty pleasure.) just after midnight and thought "I'll just check ARFCOM one last time before lights out...  Boom! Thanks, DCB!
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 8:52:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Beautiful!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Awesome.  Thanks for the installment.  Loved the part when Tim realised that chaos can work both ways...

TriumphRider

Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Sweet. I hope you have more chapters written and ready.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Awesome!

The love of chaos can show its face in any man's heart, even if for the briefest of moments before full realization of it's implications hits home.

Great chapter DCB
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 3:21:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Hah so my gas bubble was semi right. It knew something was coming. I was hoping for the book. But hey sometimes you have to take what you can get.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 10:53:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnnyb01] [#30]
Great update!

Two small points
This line
Making Tim, and even themselves, look just monumentally lame.
View Quote
seems out of character for Tim, maybe instead of monumentally lame it would sound better monumentally weak, or fu**ing lame/weak

And this line
And a family that made…machine guns?
View Quote
He jumped from her statement "a family that makes weapons" to this...seems an illogical jump IMO

Thanks again for giving us a sneak peak! Its most certianly art.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:16:27 PM EDT
[#31]
And a family that made…machine guns]

He jumped from her statement "a family that makes weapons" to this...seems an illogical jump IMO

View Quote

The Kid just shot the place up with a Machine Gun so what conclusion should he make.
Link Posted: 2/3/2015 11:54:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Maybe it should read: "A family who made . . . what? Machine guns? Tanks? Missiles? What?!?"

Or, something like that!  

Great chapter, DCB. Well worth waiting for! (aside from the typos, of course!)
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 12:50:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Johnnyb01] [#33]

The Kid just shot the place up with a Machine Gun so what conclusion should he make.
View All Quotes
And a family that made…machine guns]

I got that, its still not the first thing that would logically pop into my head I don't think, I guess I am thinking lots of people own machine guns, very few families make them. I could see a train of thought more along the lines of what 11bravo posted more so than a direct jump to machine guns, maybe even swords/spears/bows/guns as I would guess lots more (relatively) family's make edged weapons (both for personal use and for sale) than make guns, much less machine guns.  Either way it just doesn't seem to flow properly (again IMO) it's not a huge point and I won't be complaining when I have the final product in hand (not that I am complaining, just trying to offer suggestions from a readers perspective)!
Link Posted: 2/4/2015 3:13:38 AM EDT
[#34]

--airsix, max pleased to see you again, expecting some words from you, in time.

You can practice by starting what I find most difficult: 'must not let perfect be

enemy of good'--it is paralyzing, because there is no 'essential' task, determined

by geography, time, an opponent, a tool, to force the decision.  And every new

word is a decision.

--grwlf52, very pleased to see you, feel like it has been a while, recognizing so

many avatars/voices/tones now, waiting for them to show up again.  Much thanks,

GR.

--TriumphRider, thank you, if you have time, notes below might be interesting,

in context of writer's process, format, etc.  On Tim: a great advantage of using

'authorial /super/' voice, I forget the literary term, but the idea is the author

can get into everybody's head, thoughts, etc.--is that we get to see things like

this: consciousness, even in the mind of a lethal and sadistic enemy.  Yes, even

a sociopath.  Fascinating creatures.  Not quite human, even though they have

the proper number of digits, and so on.

--zoe17, I remember that you are a fast and eclectic reader.  Very much appreciate

your patience.  I think you, first among many, should download for free, as

in zero cost: search keywords 'Amazon DCBourone The Listening Room'--the

first half is best possible language, hard sci-fi, what 'I though I would do' the

second half is the first third of Injured Reserves.  Been a while now, much

apologies in advance if you are already familiar with these--a whisper of a

memory that you are.  Ok, no harm no foul.  You know what to do.

--2T2/Crash, most excellent, "the love of chaos...etc." Exactly.  Chaos cuts all

ways, in every direction.  Big problem, social, cognitive, trying to explain

this to people who have not seen real people squatting in public third-word

cubed meta FF-itude.  Yes, please step across my most recent turd, while you

try to buy...oh, a battery.  One battery.  Because that is all you can afford.

Or a rat on a stick.  FFing love rats on sticks and bush meat, etc.  Just...

awesome.  Things are getting very strange here, but still, many fine

honorable people trying to do the right thing.  Not common.  Not ever.

And nowhere.  You know...'murica' and all.  What's left of it, anyway.

And no rats on sticks.  Not yet, and hopefully never.  We shall see.

--trapshooter12, your gas bubble was deeply intuitive--time has freed up a

bit.  I am very wary of making promises, two surprises cost me two two

month stone cold cannot write new stuff episodes.  But things looking

better now.  Many pages here.  But I think you had a long post a few pages

back with lots of stuff I need to pay attention to.  If time frees up more

I need to go back, and reply to a few things.  Thank you, TR.

--Johnnyb01, both your points are on the mark.  Very good eye, and no

harm no foul and much thanks.  The posters below are also not 'wrong'

this has much to do with expectations/tolerance/other minutiae.  Corrections

will be made, also typos, more for you in comments below.  And much thanks

JB1.  I will benefit again from your eyes on.

--Trapshooter, and machine guns, etc., you are correct, factually, has to do

with reading styles, other, actually a long book on neuro-linguistics could

be written here, but, short form: you are correct, but JohnnyB is on to something

that must/should be corrected.  See below, if you have the time--

--Very good to see you again, Former11B, been many months now, always

look for your avatar/logo.  On your and JohhnyB/trapshooter comments--

on review I see a lot of 'slop', not best timing, other issues, in this post.

I was in a big hurry to get this up, consequence no/little time these last

two months.  My language in this update was 'abrupt'/assumes too much.

JohhnyB01 is actually using the mind of a true 'line reader/editor/copy editor'

--this is very different than cutting me slack, and enjoying the story, and

subcon assuming/believing that I will edit/correct.  I love you guys for

imagining the best job I might do, will try to do, but JohhnyB--people

get paid considerable money to do what he is doing.  And yes, F11B,

there are way to many FFing typos, repetitions, others, THAT I DO NOT

SEE UNTIL YOU GUYS POINT THEM OUT.  Fortunately I have a ffing

brilliant line/copy editor...

--Johhnyb01, "does not flow properly" EXACTLY.  It does not.  A little

rushed here, moi.  Just posting here, big words, grey field, I see dozens

of mistake I miss in Word.  Long subject, cognition/vision/habituation.

I will fix best I can.  Also many typos.  Good FFing eye, JB.

GENERAL NOTE: two days ago Injured Reserves had seven sales.  I HAVE

NO IDEA WHO THOSE PEOPLE ARE.  I am very grateful.  Please, if you

are comfortable doing so, and you found Injured through this forum,

post a note here.  Two people have mentioned sending Injured to

friends.  Much much thanks.

Ok, time freeing up a bit, back to work.

space, across the fourth dimension. Of time..." (Kindle Single Injured
Reserves) thankyou, DesignatedMarksman...

DCBourone

Link Posted: 2/4/2015 11:03:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Started reading this from the beginning before reading the last installment ... mind is still blown!

The tale reverberates and works it's energy bending the mind into areas that were inaccessible until the words unlock the doors.

Thank YOU!
Link Posted: 2/5/2015 9:25:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Howdy DCB,

Thanks for the latest installment (even if not perfectly spit shined / polished!)  I am re-reading IR and getting even more from it than the first time.  I have also read the free part of The Listening Room and I LOVED IT!  I love hard Sci-Fi and good Sci-Fi is so hard to find these days.  Once The Soldiers Son is out in dead tree / e-book format, PLEASE, PLEASE finish The Listening Room!
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:26:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice

Good chapter hope you post another one SOON
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 12:46:31 PM EDT
[#38]

Oooooooo...a forge analogy.  I approve!

I'd change 'sparking metal" to "glowing metal" as sparking metal is a bad thing in the forge.  

"What else did they make?"  You have at least one answer already, Tim.  Dangerous, deliberately dangerous...men.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#39]
The latest installment seems more... Foreshadowing?    Foreboding?
Like beginning the descent of a steep hill, and you realize the momentum already has you, and it's too late to stop.

That seems a familiar feeling these days.

I know nothing of creating art, but I like Bob Seger, "and every ounce of energy, you try to give awaaay." (You have to sing it to get the effect)
Creating something like this can't be without its' personal sacrifices. Thanks, keep on.
Link Posted: 2/6/2015 11:19:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AHSGA] [#40]
Thanks for the update in the story.  I'll look for your book.

ETA:  I saw on Amazon it was available on a kindle but I don't kindle.  I was looking for PB.
Link Posted: 2/7/2015 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#41]
Loved the update, Bassinger's implosion on the realization of the consequences of "Actioni contrariam semper et æqualem esse reactionem" was worth the admission price of patience.

How turgid the cacophony grows, how perfervid your truths resonate!  Quite the dichotomy of extremes until inertia and the weight of just surviving in this age pulls us down once again into the morass....It's a comfortable place in which to settle into and accept the day to day tunnel vision that in absentia of logic and critical thinking allows an agenda to advance.

This book needs to be in a physical form, have a heft and a weight to it that demands attention when placed in one's hand. There's a reason why the Churches and  Cathedrals  of old were made of heavy stone, it was the weight of God's truth bearing down.

Link Posted: 2/8/2015 12:37:10 PM EDT
[#42]
DCB, so glad to see the updates.  Haven't checked this thread since before Halloween...been busy.  Moved to another state, bought (not mortgaged) 200 acres.  Moved in with the wife and kids, happily working the land and continually building the house.  Have son #1 (17) and daughter #1(12) shooting at least 36 out if 40 on the Army AQT target with their AR's.  Both got their deer this year and dressed and prepped the meat from start to finish.  Working on turning our back acreage into workable land.  In other words, life is busy (and therefore good).  

I have the wife reading Injured Reserves, daughter is reading Wool and son is mired somewhere in Uris' Battle Cry.  Younger kids are learning survival and forest edibles.  Carpenter, farmer, mechanic, cook, teacher...being a father and husband is busy work.

Bless you and be well.  And thank you.  Your efforts are highly appreciated.
Link Posted: 2/9/2015 8:59:36 PM EDT
[#43]
DCBOURONE  thanks again for all your hard work.  It has been a pleasure to read this story. I am looking  forward to the next installment.
Link Posted: 2/10/2015 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By KOW:
DCBOURONE  thanks again for all your hard work.  It has been a pleasure to read this story. I am looking  forward to the next installment.
View Quote

I'll second that.
Link Posted: 2/11/2015 1:21:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCBourone] [#45]

General Note: All is well my side, time still a bit short.  Always astonished

to see another week passed, and how much accomplished?  Not enough.

Free time tonight, when this post up will be bending commas.  The 'bones'

of the story are done, and about five more--the labor/concentration is the

'assembly' process, which unfortunately, requires tweezers.  Just FFF.

--Currently, very pleased to see you--a disturbance in the force...avatar maybe?

Many positive visual cues here, mostly subcon--imagine this board, digital

ephemera, being maintained for decades...our very own wayback machine...

On 'opening doors'--well yep, so many to open, once they were open...well

FFFF I will use a torch and det-cord and some pretty heavy hammers to open

at least a few.  And oh yes...tweezers.  My best tool.

--GreenGiant, very grateful to see you and others sticking this out.  Yes, all this

and many will get done, short of death ( unlikely in any proximate schedule )--

--and very grateful on Injured, yes, it was meant to be read many times, studied,

actually, if I might be so bold.  It is a series of palimpsets, overlapping, and resurrected.

You might find it very interesting to read individual paragraphs, or sequences of 'tiling'

--in other words, single lines which show rising, or descending 'wedges/angles' of text.

Many of those, most in fact, were intended to be capable of standing alone.

Example paragraph:

"The crucifix at the surgeon's neck finally came to rest.  Chiseled in red coppery gold,

as if the miniature Christ stared into a setting sun.  A last monitor, very close, sounded

a long final tone, Billy knew it could only be his own.  As his vision faded he hoped that

Christ had experienced enough of mortal life to appreciate the beauty of a sunset..."

On "The Listening Room"--my intention was to walk the men from Injured all the way

into that future, and also the Family Gehr, as survivors, and weapons-makers/users.

But this story became closer, more immediate.  Also, no harm no foul, I hope, easier

to 'sell.'  Injured/The Listening Room are very abstract stuff, not a lot of patience left

for that kind of language.  I would hope to finish "Wet or Dry/The Listening Room" someday

but think this series of stories here will probably go for at least a decade or two.  Point of interest:

notice a lot of stories/media/news about A.I. these days?  Hawking?  Bill Gates?  Tesla/Elon Musk?

A.I. has been a staple of sci-fi for decades, really was fully opened and closed by William

Gibson "Neuromancer" in 1983-4.  But "The Listening Room" was written in 1999.  Another

take on A.I.  I digress. Good to see you, GreenGiant.

--combatcanine, good to see you and much appreciate patience.  My GSD says hello to your

GSD.  Our late nite stunt is to throw any sturdy cardboard box about.  What glee!!  Just

phenomenal creatures.

--StimpsonJ,--no expressing how pleased we are are chez Bourone to see you.  Now.  Engineer.

You will like this: your comment .re sparking is from your mind/library of knowledge.  But

Tim Bassinger would know no such things.  Sparking would be the best he could possibly

come up with.  Tricky stuff, when writing in 'author super' or whatever the literati call it,

because you can correct all of your subjects, and sometimes you should.  I have no doubt

you know exactly what I am talking about.  A trip, someday, StimpsonJ.

--Pfunkk, good to see you, you guys kill me, the 'reading mind' thing...yes, foreshadowing/descent/

ascent/steep hill.  Exactly.  Just exactly.  Things will begin moving very very quickly now.

Good FFFing eye, PFK.  And yes, very difficult for peer group/others--some version of this

requires the same level of concentration as working on another continent, for months.

Just...gone.  Disappeared.  Not fun for nice people who share your life.  Well...Ok, carry on...

--AHSGA--good to see you, and much thanks for support.  On "PB"--not familiar with phrase, if

you have time, please tell.  At some point, hard copies of everything should be available, depending

on how I do.  Problem: hard copies prohibitively expensive.  Not fond of 'making every possible

dollar'--just want to make enough to keep writing, at some point.  I will listen closely to the

voices here on this issue.

--RadioHack, very pleased to see you, miss your posts during your, and my, absences.  "Contrarium

semper/etc."--yes this will all stack hard and fast over next 20k pages.  Can you imagine feeling

sorry for Tim and Sylvia?  Yes, you can.  And you will.  "Logic and critical thinking" oh yes, and

purposely deleted, yes, deleted, from common education.  Imagine, at the wildest extremes

of cognition, who has done the deleting, and you will be correct.  This experiment in liberty

really was a one time shot, never repeated.  A great insult to, the greatest possible insult to...

well, let's all find out who they are, together.  A physical book, I sure hope so.  Would like

to make them myself, with hinges hammered on StimpsonJ's forge, leather and sterling silver,

a coin on each corner, leather and velum.  A good life, to make them myself.  But then....no

time to write.  We shall see.  "god's weight bearing down"--well, I am the most minor of voices.

But George Washington was not, and without him, we would have nothing.  And he felt and

witnessed and felt obligated to sacrifice himself for the rest of us.... And I think about him every day, and will try and weave his history and lessons into everything I write for the next 30 years. Very pleased to see you, Radio.  A trip someday, and short, at that.  Most pleased to see you, Radio.

--RevolverRO, huge pulse of joy to see you here, and the avatar which makes me wheeze

with laughter, missed that avatar.  Your news is the best possible news, and exactly what

I hope to see here, in the narrow narrow self-selected community of readers.  Which means

'thinkers' first.  And--a house bought, not 'rented'--200 acres you can 'work'--smart children on their

fine tools--if you can, stepping very far out of my lane here, you might consider making them

ambidextrous with those tools, best taught young, like a language.  Very handy skill.  Wife on

Injured, much thanks. Post a review, if comfortable. Our opposition will be showing up shortly.

Wool is brilliant, Hugh is brilliant, if uneven.  He is also the first/best successful 'indie' writer,

writing not-pornography.  Uris Battle Cry--awesome, pretty much everything Uris is awesome.

Very politically incorrect these days.  Like Churchill, on the Religion of Peace.  FFFing good job,

Revolver.  Ah, off of RevolverRO, resurrecting a great mind from the past: EVERYONE HERE NEEDS

TO DOWNLOAD AND STUDY ANY VERSION OF /T.E.Lawrence 'The Seven Pillars of Wisdom" T.E.

told us everything we need to know about that part of the world, and The Code which runs it.

A very very serious point of reference, my side, long ago.  Good to see you, Revolver.

--KOW, most pleased to see you, a very early adapter.  Speak out when necessary.

Here we are, The Remnant.  All voices needed.  

--Lungbuster, much thanks.  Every voice here actually speeds me up, slow as this is.

I talk to you, then the characters/world/future talks to me.  It's like a starting a big

old diesel in the cold.  Good to see you, Lungbuster.

--GENERAL NOTE: to those who are on the fence: "DCBourone The Listening Room"

at Amazon is FREE FREE FREE.  Just ffing FREE.  And contains the first 30 pages of

"Injured Reserves" the moral bible of The Family Gehr, and written and lived by a

Gehr family member.  If Injured makes sense, it will really make sense.

--GENERAL NOTE: Injured is written in a dead language, with no accommodation

to modern reading habits.  It might as well have been written in RadioHack's Latin

( and some of it was ) or Old Norse ( and some of it was ) but still, Injured Reserves

is seeing about THREE SALES A DAY NOW.  And I have no idea except for those few here,

who is buying it.  Who are you?  I understand that Injured sends you into yourselves,

makes you look at friends and family and turn into them, and not out.  But we must

turn out.  We must look out.  We must speak out.  We cannot hide.  If we hide, and

do not speak out, what happens to all those lessons we have learned, at horrible

horrible cost?  If you are on this or the other forum, please speak here.  Because

if we 'do not all hang together, we will all hang separately...'  And it is true.

Such brilliant minds and voices we once had.  Please speak up, if you can afford

to.

"Combat is the control of your adversary, in the three dimensions of space.  Across

the fourth dimension, of time..." (Kindle Single Injured Reserves) Thank you forever, Designated

Marksman...

Ok, back to work.

DCBourone

Link Posted: 2/12/2015 10:47:45 AM EDT
[#46]
(snort)....I enjoy your updates. even when they're not updates!

(yes, avatar changed and will need another before long)
Link Posted: 2/12/2015 12:17:49 PM EDT
[#47]
DC - read "Wet or Dry" last night... a timely piece given where society stands with AI.

Hope you get that completed soon - I see a screenplay in there!!!
Link Posted: 2/15/2015 1:02:32 AM EDT
[#48]

PB was just my shorthand for paperback.

Thanks for all of your great work.

General Note: All is well my side, time still a bit short.  Always astonished
to see another week passed, and how much accomplished?  Not enough.
Free time tonight, when this post up will be bending commas.  The 'bones'
of the story are done, and about five more--the labor/concentration is the
'assembly' process, which unfortunately, requires tweezers.  Just FFF.

--Currently, very pleased to see you--a disturbance in the force...avatar maybe?
Many positive visual cues here, mostly subcon--imagine this board, digital
ephemera, being maintained for decades...our very own wayback machine...
On 'opening doors'--well yep, so many to open, once they were open...well
FFFF I will use a torch and det-cord and some pretty heavy hammers to open
at least a few.  And oh yes...tweezers.  My best tool.

--GreenGiant, very grateful to see you and others sticking this out.  Yes, all this
and many will get done, short of death ( unlikely in any proximate schedule )--
--and very grateful on Injured, yes, it was meant to be read many times, studied,
actually, if I might be so bold.  It is a series of palimpsets, overlapping, and resurrected.
You might find it very interesting to read individual paragraphs, or sequences of 'tiling'
--in other words, single lines which show rising, or descending 'wedges/angles' of text.
Many of those, most in fact, were intended to be capable of standing alone.
Example paragraph:

"The crucifix at the surgeon's neck finally came to rest.  Chiseled in red coppery gold,
as if the miniature Christ stared into a setting sun.  A last monitor, very close, sounded
a long final tone, Billy knew it could only be his own.  As his vision faded he hoped that
Christ had experienced enough of mortal life to appreciate the beauty of a sunset..."

On "The Listening Room"--my intention was to walk the men from Injured all the way
into that future, and also the Family Gehr, as survivors, and weapons-makers/users.
But this story became closer, more immediate.  Also, no harm no foul, I hope, easier
to 'sell.'  Injured/The Listening Room are very abstract stuff, not a lot of patience left
for that kind of language.  I would hope to finish "Wet or Dry/The Listening Room" someday
but think this series of stories here will probably go for at least a decade or two.  Point of interest:
notice a lot of stories/media/news about A.I. these days?  Hawking?  Bill Gates?  Tesla/Elon Musk?
A.I. has been a staple of sci-fi for decades, really was fully opened and closed by William
Gibson "Neuromancer" in 1983-4.  But "The Listening Room" was written in 1999.  Another
take on A.I.  I digress. Good to see you, GreenGiant.

--combatcanine, good to see you and much appreciate patience.  My GSD says hello to your
GSD.  Our late nite stunt is to throw any sturdy cardboard box about.  What glee!!  Just
phenomenal creatures.

--StimpsonJ,--no expressing how pleased we are are chez Bourone to see you.  Now.  Engineer.
You will like this: your comment .re sparking is from your mind/library of knowledge.  But
Tim Bassinger would know no such things.  Sparking would be the best he could possibly
come up with.  Tricky stuff, when writing in 'author super' or whatever the literati call it,
because you can correct all of your subjects, and sometimes you should.  I have no doubt
you know exactly what I am talking about.  A trip, someday, StimpsonJ.

--Pfunkk, good to see you, you guys kill me, the 'reading mind' thing...yes, foreshadowing/descent/
ascent/steep hill.  Exactly.  Just exactly.  Things will begin moving very very quickly now.
Good FFFing eye, PFK.  And yes, very difficult for peer group/others--some version of this
requires the same level of concentration as working on another continent, for months.
Just...gone.  Disappeared.  Not fun for nice people who share your life.  Well...Ok, carry on...

--AHSGA--good to see you, and much thanks for support.  On "PB"--not familiar with phrase, if
you have time, please tell.  At some point, hard copies of everything should be available, depending
on how I do.  Problem: hard copies prohibitively expensive.  Not fond of 'making every possible
dollar'--just want to make enough to keep writing, at some point.  I will listen closely to the
voices here on this issue.

--RadioHack, very pleased to see you, miss your posts during your, and my, absences.  "Contrarium
semper/etc."--yes this will all stack hard and fast over next 20k pages.  Can you imagine feeling
sorry for Tim and Sylvia?  Yes, you can.  And you will.  "Logic and critical thinking" oh yes, and
purposely deleted, yes, deleted, from common education.  Imagine, at the wildest extremes
of cognition, who has done the deleting, and you will be correct.  This experiment in liberty
really was a one time shot, never repeated.  A great insult to, the greatest possible insult to...
well, let's all find out who they are, together.  A physical book, I sure hope so.  Would like
to make them myself, with hinges hammered on StimpsonJ's forge, leather and sterling silver,
a coin on each corner, leather and velum.  A good life, to make them myself.  But then....no
time to write.  We shall see.  "god's weight bearing down"--well, I am the most minor of voices.
But George Washington was not, and without him, we would have nothing.  And he felt and
witnessed and felt obligated to sacrifice himself for the rest of us.... And I think about him every day, and will try and weave his history and lessons into everything I write for the next 30 years. Very pleased to see you, Radio.  A trip someday, and short, at that.  Most pleased to see you, Radio.

--RevolverRO, huge pulse of joy to see you here, and the avatar which makes me wheeze
with laughter, missed that avatar.  Your news is the best possible news, and exactly what
I hope to see here, in the narrow narrow self-selected community of readers.  Which means
'thinkers' first.  And--a house bought, not 'rented'--200 acres you can 'work'--smart children on their
fine tools--if you can, stepping very far out of my lane here, you might consider making them
ambidextrous with those tools, best taught young, like a language.  Very handy skill.  Wife on
Injured, much thanks. Post a review, if comfortable. Our opposition will be showing up shortly.
Wool is brilliant, Hugh is brilliant, if uneven.  He is also the first/best successful 'indie' writer,
writing not-pornography.  Uris Battle Cry--awesome, pretty much everything Uris is awesome.
Very politically incorrect these days.  Like Churchill, on the Religion of Peace.  FFFing good job,
Revolver.  Ah, off of RevolverRO, resurrecting a great mind from the past: EVERYONE HERE NEEDS
TO DOWNLOAD AND STUDY ANY VERSION OF /T.E.Lawrence 'The Seven Pillars of Wisdom" T.E.
told us everything we need to know about that part of the world, and The Code which runs it.
A very very serious point of reference, my side, long ago.  Good to see you, Revolver.

--KOW, most pleased to see you, a very early adapter.  Speak out when necessary.
Here we are, The Remnant.  All voices needed.  

--Lungbuster, much thanks.  Every voice here actually speeds me up, slow as this is.
I talk to you, then the characters/world/future talks to me.  It's like a starting a big
old diesel in the cold.  Good to see you, Lungbuster.

--GENERAL NOTE: to those who are on the fence: "DCBourone The Listening Room"
at Amazon is FREE FREE FREE.  Just ffing FREE.  And contains the first 30 pages of
"Injured Reserves" the moral bible of The Family Gehr, and written and lived by a
Gehr family member.  If Injured makes sense, it will really make sense.

--GENERAL NOTE: Injured is written in a dead language, with no accommodation
to modern reading habits.  It might as well have been written in RadioHack's Latin
( and some of it was ) or Old Norse ( and some of it was ) but still, Injured Reserves
is seeing about THREE SALES A DAY NOW.  And I have no idea except for those few here,
who is buying it.  Who are you?  I understand that Injured sends you into yourselves,
makes you look at friends and family and turn into them, and not out.  But we must
turn out.  We must look out.  We must speak out.  We cannot hide.  If we hide, and
do not speak out, what happens to all those lessons we have learned, at horrible
horrible cost?  If you are on this or the other forum, please speak here.  Because
if we 'do not all hang together, we will all hang separately...'  And it is true.
Such brilliant minds and voices we once had.  Please speak up, if you can afford
to.

"Combat is the control of your adversary, in the three dimensions of space.  Across
the fourth dimension, of time..." (Kindle Single Injured Reserves) Thank you forever, Designated
Marksman...

Ok, back to work.

DCBourone

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/16/2015 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#49]
RE Injured Reserves.  Picked it up the other day as part of my Kindle Unlimited service.  Haven't started it yet, but loved the comments on Amazon.  Good luck with it.  And all your other projects.
Link Posted: 2/18/2015 12:03:39 AM EDT
[#50]
DC, been listening to diesels at various rpms for 3 days now.

No small or medium arms fire detected.

But one 5 hour run in 15 foot seas, almost got the spouse hurt and scared the snot out of the 9yo...not proud of this but proud of them.

Vacations can turn difficult and the sea can be relentless.

Spending tonight combating low blood sugar (remind me to buy nabisco stock) and spotting the nearby craft.  Standing on the prow in high winds watching the tackle scream is...humbling.  I dove the anchor 4 hours ago, wish I could dive it now.

The stars are out...like fireflies I can't stop to look at as I run to/from the firefight.

Wish us well, bottles with messages on an angry sea.
Page / 84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top