Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 8/29/2011 8:13:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Ask them if they have clearance from the IL States Attorney Office and I bet the answer is no.  They don't even like the Federal agents having them but there is not much they can do about that.  The funny thing is that ATF will sign the form if it is submited on letterhead and the company will sell the suppressor but if there is an incident with the firearm, the department/chief/officer will be thrown under the bus.  
Of course with this being IL, there may besome departments that are "favorites" who get the "wink wink, nod nod" treatment while everyone else is told to pound sand.  One other possibility is that they have changed their stance in the past year or two but havn't made it general knowledge because I know several officers that would pony up the coin to have them on their duty weapons even if the department wouldn't pay for them.  I'll ask a few people next time I am at work and see what I can find out.
Any way, good story although if you could add a helicopter with a mini gun that would be awsome.  Maybe Dillion Aero could make an appearance.

Thanks for getting back to me. Finally finishing up the second pass through the book! I'll look into that mini gun!
Link Posted: 9/10/2011 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Asked around and looked up the gun statues and this is what they say.

Sec. 24-1. Unlawful Use of Weapons.
(a) A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons when he knowingly
 (6) Possesses any device or attachment of any kind designed, used or intended for use in silencing the
report of any firearm; or
 (7) Sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses or carries:
(i) a machine gun, which shall be defined for the purposes of this subsection as any weapon, which
shoots, is designed to shoot, or can be readily restored to shoot, automatically more than one shot
without manually reloading by a single function of the trigger, including the frame or receiver of any
such weapon, or sells, manufactures, purchases, possesses, or carries any combination of parts
designed or intended for use in converting any weapon into a machine gun, or any combination or
parts from which a machine gun can be assembled if such parts are in the possession or under the
control of a person;
(ii) any rifle having one or more barrels less than 16 inches in length or a shotgun having one or more
barrels less than 18 inches in length or any weapon made from a rifle or shotgun, whether by
alteration, modification, or otherwise, if such a weapon as modified has an overall length of less
than 26 inches; or
(iii) any bomb, bomb-shell, grenade, bottle or other container containing an explosive substance of
over one-quarter ounce for like purposes, such as, but not limited to, black powder bombs and
Molotov cocktails or artillery projectiles; or

Sec. 24-2. Exemptions
(c) Subsection 24-1(a)(7) does not apply to or affect any of the following:
(1) Peace officers while in performance of their official duties.

It continues in full here http://isp.state.il.us/docs/ptfire.pdf

There are exemptions for police and others to have full auto but none for suppressors.  Technically there isn't an exemption for Federal officers but I think the fed gov would tell IL to pound sand if they tried to do anything about it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 6:58:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Story cleaned up nice. For "artistic" purposes we left the suppressor but I think you will enjoy the helo/mini-gun insert!

I can't wait for this thing to finally be available in all its polished glory! lol
Link Posted: 11/3/2011 1:11:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Story cleaned up nice. For "artistic" purposes we left the suppressor but I think you will enjoy the helo/mini-gun insert!

I can't wait for this thing to finally be available in all its polished glory! lol

You don't have to wait....
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 8:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The editing has been a major pain in the ass. I work on it most every day. It was rough spending 6 months cleaning it up and flushing it out, only to have it come back from the editor marked up worse than my 3'rd grade homework. The good news is that the 105,000 word first book should be available in paperback or kindle by early next year, with the other two to follow shortly. When I get a bunch I'm going to go back on contact everyone on the board who was asking about a copy and get them out cheaply. Autographed if you would like!
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 9:17:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The editing has been a major pain in the ass. I work on it most every day. It was rough spending 6 months cleaning it up and flushing it out, only to have it come back from the editor marked up worse than my 3'rd grade homework. The good news is that the 105,000 word first book should be available in paperback or kindle by early next year, with the other two to follow shortly. When I get a bunch I'm going to go back on contact everyone on the board who was asking about a copy and get them out cheaply. Autographed if you would like!

that would be cool.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 4:28:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't wait to have my copy autographed by Mattie!!!
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Dude great story just started reaing it again for the seconed time.

Hope you plan on writing more to this story.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:12:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dude great story just started reaing it again for the seconed time.

Hope you plan on writing more to this story.

Yep, spent the last year flushing out this one but we already have the outline for the next book!
Link Posted: 1/20/2012 7:39:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Any updates On Book 2
Link Posted: 1/21/2012 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Any updates On Book 2

Going to have the first book in print within the next month. That book covers the rewrite of half of the posted story. It will be available in print, kindle and nook. I think everyone will be pleased with the improvements. The second half will be right behind it. Then we will begin to post the next entries. Sorry for the delay, it has been a ton of work.
Link Posted: 1/22/2012 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you for sharing this!

I was out of reading material and only a few weeks from R&R,

LOSING MY MIND!

This is giving me something to fill the dull deployment days!

Respectfully,

Anthony

Link Posted: 2/9/2012 5:42:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Just found this story the other day and finished it already.  Great story.  Thanks for sharing.  I would also be interested in a copy of this when it is ready.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/10/2012 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Great story, I to would like a few of the books. Thanks for posting this, I am in LE in NE Ohio. Really like your guys writing style. Stay safe out there.
Link Posted: 2/13/2012 6:06:59 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks!

I will let everyone know when it is out. The publisher is telling us 10-13 weeks from this point, but my publishing package has been bought and paid for. The amount of time I have poured into this has been tremendous but the final product was well worth it IMHO.

Link Posted: 2/16/2012 4:49:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Cant wait to get it in print. You did a great job with this.

Link Posted: 2/17/2012 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Two words-Screen play.  I would go see it twice at the first run theater and that is saying something for me.

Other than that-Incredible read and where do I sign up to buy a book or three?
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:42:48 PM EDT
[#18]
very nice job  resident evil look out
Link Posted: 2/18/2012 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Stephen, Dan and Mike at the prison.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f56/vcorpscommander/prison3.jpg

Hey Dan still has both hands.

Link Posted: 2/22/2012 10:03:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Well if you set the time line of your story to begin after June 1, 2012 then you're suppressor reference for an Illinois police officer will based on existing laws.  Turns out someone in congress decided that police officers serving on emergency response teams can have department issued suprressors.  The new regulations go into effect June 1 of this year and I imagine there will be several agencies submiting form 5 applications to the ATF.
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Wow! one more thing to read!
Link Posted: 3/9/2012 9:30:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 9:42:35 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

After months of extra editing and a couple added cliff hangers added to book 1, the publishers have the final draft. If I could do it over from the start I would have done things a little different. The package had already been paid for and they are moving forward with production. This has been a loooong process, but worth it. I hops to have a digital copy of the cover up next week, but everything seems to get delayed. while I wait I have been hard at work on the second half and we hope to begin posting the sequel this summer.

Thanks for your continued interest, and I'll let you know when I get copies in hand, for anyone who may want one.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 11:45:11 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

After months of extra editing and a couple added cliff hangers added to book 1, the publishers have the final draft. If I could do it over from the start I would have done things a little different. The package had already been paid for and they are moving forward with production. This has been a loooong process, but worth it. I hops to have a digital copy of the cover up next week, but everything seems to get delayed. while I wait I have been hard at work on the second half and we hope to begin posting the sequel this summer.

Thanks for your continued interest, and I'll let you know when I get copies in hand, for anyone who may want one.

Sweet. I was just eyeing up the pdf I have on my nook last night. Thought about reading it again.

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am definatley in for a copy. Great work gentlemen.
Link Posted: 3/21/2012 9:58:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sweet. I was just eyeing up the pdf I have on my nook last night. Thought about reading it again.

Our package comes with a Nook version as well so I'd hold off. They are saying that should be available in 3-4 weeks and it's a much nicer read all polished up.

Link Posted: 3/21/2012 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I am definitely in for a copy. Great work gentlemen.

Thanks. I have been working on this so long, I am happy it's all wrapping up. We are getting anxious to start on some fresh material!
Link Posted: 4/10/2012 2:37:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Hows about a little more book two teaser.
Link Posted: 4/15/2012 5:25:19 PM EDT
[#29]
We are cleaning up book 2, which is the second half of our story, now. Just waiting on the publisher for our first release. Then we start on the sequal. We are going to post rough drafts weekly, just like time. Hope to be started by summer. Sorry for the wait!
Link Posted: 4/18/2012 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#30]
This is the first draft of the cover art for the book. I am having a few things changed/added but this is basically it. I was happy with the way it turned out. Finally on the home stretch to publication!

Link Posted: 4/18/2012 8:31:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry bro

Link Posted: 4/29/2012 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Lol.
Link Posted: 4/29/2012 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#33]
looks good, how much longer?
Link Posted: 4/30/2012 3:55:15 PM EDT
[#34]
They requested my final input on my interior formatting today, and I sent back the forms. they said 9-13 weeks from March 10, and we are closing in on that. They still have not given me the forms to fill out for the Kindle and Nook versions,
Link Posted: 5/8/2012 8:24:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Just got done reading through the story. WOW! Excellent job. I couldn't stop reading.

Cant wait for the Kindle version to come out so that I can read your final version.

You set yourself up for a great sequel beginning and the teaser...I cant wait.

Thanks for all of your hard work and know that you have quite a few Arfcom fans that are anxious to buy your books.

Link Posted: 5/22/2012 5:58:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Just got done reading through the story. WOW! Excellent job. I couldn't stop reading.

Cant wait for the Kindle version to come out so that I can read your final version.

You set yourself up for a great sequel beginning and the teaser...I cant wait.

Thanks for all of your hard work and know that you have quite a few Arfcom fans that are anxious to buy your books.

Thanks for the kind words.
Here is the finished cover art. I should have the interior proofs any day now.

Link Posted: 5/22/2012 5:48:08 PM EDT
[#37]

Looks great so when can we get our grubby little hands on a copy.

Link Posted: 5/22/2012 9:45:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

This
Link Posted: 5/23/2012 1:09:35 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

now on week 11 of a 9 -13 week publishing process. I check my e-mail every day for the digital proofs. You guys will be the first to know
Link Posted: 5/26/2012 8:56:50 AM EDT
[#40]
only thing I wanna know is where to buy it
Link Posted: 6/13/2012 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Wow!  Great story!  Thanks for all the hard work getting it out here.

Will be anxiously awaiting the sequel!

TriumphRider
Link Posted: 6/14/2012 11:24:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

now on week 11 of a 9 -13 week publishing process. I check my e-mail every day for the digital proofs. You guys will be the first to know

I understand that you are at the mercy of the publishers right now, but i just wanted to check in and see how everything is coming along.

By my math we are now 14 weeks into a 9-13 week publishing process.

Link Posted: 6/15/2012 2:04:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This

I understand that you are at the mercy of the publishers right now, but i just wanted to check in and see how everything is coming along.

By my math we are now 14 weeks into a 9-13 week publishing process.

You are correct on both lol. Week 14 and at their mercy. They actually got the proofs back to me Wednesday and we have been going through them, fixing some minor spacing issues and such. Caught a few things and made a couple minor changes. I should have it back to them by Friday night. Then they have to make the corrections and resend it. Then I sign off and they start production. I'm guessing at this point we are looking at another week or so. The wait is killing me, but our end product should be worth the effort.
Thanks for staying interested. We hope to be writing and posting a sequel soon!
Link Posted: 6/20/2012 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#44]
Just finished this.....great work!  I will want a copy for sure!
Link Posted: 6/26/2012 3:38:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Spectacular read! Could not put it down and I am sad Mattie will not be making it to the sequel.
Link Posted: 6/28/2012 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Spectacular read! Could not put it down and I am sad Mattie will not be making it to the sequel.

You haven't seen the last of her yet..

This past Monday I received the finished proofs and signed off on them as they had made all of the corrections I noted during my review. I sent it back to them that afternoon and have been told that the next time I hear from Outskirts Press it will be published. It's Thursday now and I'm not sure what they have been waiting on. I did manage to make it down to the Indiana runforyourlives zombie race and pass out some fliers in the meantime. The wait is killing me, and soon it will have to start all over again with the second book.

I hope my next update is a pic of me holding the paperback!
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 7:30:12 AM EDT
[#47]
SWEET!!!! Will it be available only as paperback at first or will their be a kindle version as well? Either way I am buying a copy.

Congratulations and I cant wait for the sequel.
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:06:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Dude I hope my next update is me holding the book!
Link Posted: 6/29/2012 11:08:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You haven't seen the last of her yet..

This past Monday I received the finished proofs and signed off on them as they had made all of the corrections I noted during my review. I sent it back to them that afternoon and have been told that the next time I hear from Outskirts Press it will be published. It's Thursday now and I'm not sure what they have been waiting on. I did manage to make it down to the Indiana runforyourlives zombie race and pass out some fliers in the meantime. The wait is killing me, and soon it will have to start all over again with the second book.

I hope my next update is a pic of me holding the paperback!

If you want you should send me a copy of your flier and i will hand them out at the runforyourlives Colorado event. i just signed up with some friends yesterday.

Link Posted: 6/29/2012 9:34:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
SWEET!!!! Will it be available only as paperback at first or will their be a kindle version as well? Either way I am buying a copy.

Congratulations and I cant wait for the sequel.

Great Thanks !! My package includes paperback, hardback, Kindle and Nook. I think the paperback will be out a few days or so before the kindle version from what it sounds like.

Quoted:
Dude I hope my next update is me holding the book!

You and me both brother!

Quoted:

If you want you should send me a copy of your flier and I will hand them out at the runforyourlives Colorado event. I just signed up with some friends yesterday.

I might take you up on that. Going a different route with the fliers though. Having a bunch of Koozies made instead, and am going to pass them out at a trade show and the St. Louis runforyourlives event. If you would be willing to pass out some koozies or put them on windshield wipers in the parking lot, I would gladly throw ya a copy of the book and a t-shirt I had made up?
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top