Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:42:11 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Are you sure this is NOT on the night light?

Yep.....night light setting is to the left of OFF and the only setting left of OFF......be pretty difficult to make that mistake.
5sub

ETA:

From my 9/07/09 post:

Test begun on low setting at 11:31AM, Monday 9/07/09.

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've done a little online research on this light and some others. I think I'm going to get the Rayovac Sportsman. Great lights, either one.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep.....night light setting is to the left of OFF and the only setting left of OFF......be pretty difficult to make that mistake.
5sub

ETA:

From my 9/07/09 post:

Besides the night light is yellow light in color.  There is no way that it put out enough light to see anything....
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:22:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

ETA:

From my 9/07/09 post:

Besides the night light is yellow light in color. There is no way that it put out enough light to see anything....

Yep.
5sub

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:29:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Energizer Weather Ready Folding Nichia LED Lantern Area Flashlight Product Info

Energizer Weather Ready Folding Nichia LED Lantern Area Flashlight is
a bright and powerful lantern with an extraordinary run time. These Weather Ready Flashlights feature 8 Nichia LED bulbs providing a large area with bright white light. These Energizer Flashlights contain a folding feature where the led lantern can fold out for a 360 degree area of light. Not only is the Energizer Folding Lantern bright, but the led light will last a long time. These Lanterns by Energizer feature a run time of over 245 hours on a single set of "D" Energizer MAX Batteries! With the flash light 's long run time and 8 bright Nichia LED light bulbs, these Flashlights will serve as the perfect rescue flashlight. These features of the Weather Ready LED Flash Light Folding Lantern make this lantern great for emergencies, and any outdoor activity.

Energizer Weather Ready Folding LED Lanterns are available in the following:

• FL452WRBP - Energizer Weather Ready Folding LED Lantern without Batteries - Upc: 039800018496

• FL452WRE - Energizer Weather Ready Folding LED Lantern with 4 "D" Energizer MAX Batteries - Upc: 039800023415

• FL452WREH - Energizer Weather Ready Folding LED Lantern Tray with 4 D Energizer Max Batteries - Upc: 039800023414

• FL452WRH - 4 Pack Energizer Weather Ready Folding LED Lantern Tray without Batteries - Upc: 039800022141

Specifications for Energizer Weather Ready Folding Nichia LED Lantern Area Flashlight:

Bulb Type: 8 Nichia LED bulbs for area light; one amber LED nightlight
Battery Type: 4 "D" Batteries
Run Time: Up to 245 hours (on a new set of Batteries)

Features of Energizer Weatherready Folding Nichia LED Lantern Area Flash Light:

• Extra long run time of 245 hours on one set of Energizer Batteries

• Contains 8 bright white Nichia LED bulbs providing light for a large area; also has one amber LED light for a nightlight

• Powered by 4 D Batteries (included in models FL452WRE and FL452WREH)

Energizer Weather Ready Folding Nichia LED Lantern Area Flashlight is
a bright and powerful lantern with an extraordinary run time.

These Lanterns by Energizer feature a run time of over 245 hours on a single set of "D" Energizer MAX Batteries!

For once the literature may not be overstating the facts !!
5sub

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
5sub,  can you give us some details on light output?  How well does it illuminate a room of such and such size?  Is it enough light to read by, perform tasks by?  Much difference between high/low settings?  Is the light diffused well?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:05:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

5sub, can you give us some details on light output? How well does it illuminate a room of such and such size? Is it enough light to read by, perform tasks by? Much difference between high/low settings? Is the light diffused well?

TP, I really did little but turn the light on and to different levels before beginning the test and I've been leery of moving the thing since testing began. Let the test complete and I'll put in a fresh set of rechargeable AccuEvolution NiMH 10000 mAh batteries - the battery I intend to use with this latern - and then I'll try and give some better feed back.
5sub

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:59:46 PM EDT
[#8]
I picked up the wrong one at wal mart. I saw the "Energizer Weather Ready" and put it in the cart. When I got home I realized it was the 500 hour model that has 2 leds and runs on 3 d cells. Oh well can't have too many lights. It came with a detachable led key fob sized light on top. I'll pick up the 245 hour light next trip. I'm sure it puts out more light with 8 leds running.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:07:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I've done a little online research on this light and some others. I think I'm going to get the Rayovac Sportsman. Great lights, either one.

I just love it, this light has gone for as of now 216 hrs of continous burn. You pick the rayovac....please share your research.  
thoughts.   I mean this one has done everything but been ran over.

goodluck
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:54:21 PM EDT
[#10]
This would have been an even more interesting test if the OP had two. One sitting next to it to be turned on every time the thread was updated to compare the brightness level. I will also check into one of these units to see what they are about.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:12:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

This would have been an even more interesting test if the OP had two. One sitting next to it to be turned on every time the thread was updated to compare the brightness level. I will also check into one of these units to see what they are about.

Excellent idea and I wish we had thought of it sooner.  I bought another light for my friend and went over this morning and borrowed it.  My light is about 33% as bright as her light with brand new batteries.  (I bought her the light and fresh batteries at the same time.)
5sub
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Run a test on this bitch to see if its legit.

+1

Energizer alkaline batteries are about two years old. (I played around with the lantern a bit before beginning the test.)
5sub

Time is about 3:35PM on 9/10/09. Still burning just fine.

I'm pretty sure I have NOT run this test correctly. Think the 245 hour life is derived by running the light 5 hours per day and giving the batteries a chance to recover a bit when not in use.

Anyway, 75+ hour continuous burn and still going.
5sub

6:30PMish 9/11/09. About 102 hours continuous burn and still going.
5sub

3:45 PMish Central 9/12/09. About 123 hours continuous burn and still going.
5sub

2:45ish PM 9/13/09. About 146 hours continuous burn and stiill going.
5sub

About 12:30AM Central 9/14/09.......I'm gonna update now in case this puppy quits while I'm sleeping.

About 155 hours continous burn.
5sub

STILL GOING !!

About 1:00PM Central 9/14/09 - approximately 167 hours continuous burn.
5sub

About 1:00AM Central 9/15/09. About 179 hours and still going.
5sub

About 10:00PM Central 9/15/09. About 200 hours and still going !!

Hard to believe this light has been burning continuously since the morning of 9/07/09.
5sub

Energizer alkaline batteries are about two years old. (I played around with the lantern a bit before beginning the test.)

Well it is 9/16/09 and about 11:30AM Central. Light has now been burning for NINE FULL DAYS and 216 hours.

I still do not see any difference in the brightness.
5sub

Test begun on low setting at 11:31AM, Monday 9/07/09.  Today 9/17/09 about 11:45 AM.

Light has been burning continuously for 10 full days (240 hours). HOWEVER, light has diminished to about 1/3 of normal.

Although dimished, the light still has utility so I'm going to continue another five hours - to see the 245 advertised mark - and maybe just let it run until the batteries completely die.
5sub
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Test begun on low setting at 11:31AM, Monday 9/07/09. Today 9/17/09 about 11:45 AM.

Light has been burning continuously for 10 full days + 5 hours (245 hours). HOWEVER, light has diminished to about 1/3 of normal.

I'm going to stop posting on this test now though I'll probably let the light burn until the batteries are completely gone.

Conclusions:

With five hours use per day there is absolutely no doubt in my mind the light will perform for more than 245 hours.  Certainly there are better lights out there but if there is a better general use light for $19.97 I have not seen it.

I recommend this "Energizer Weather Ready Folding Nichia LED Lantern Area Flashlight" to the AR15.com members.
5sub

I'm in the process of standardizing on AA batteries to the extent practical.  (That's one of the reasons I chose the TK-40 light which, by the way, is a HOSS !.)  Anyway, I've purchased some adapters from http://www.bearwobble.com/NIMH-ULTRA-LOW-DISCHARGE-ULSD-RECHARGEABLE-BATTERIES_c11.htm (Bearwobble.com) that allows for TWO AA batteries. Soooooo......after I finish with this test, I'm going to again test the same lantern but using two AA batteries with each D-cell adapter.  I'll keep my friend's lantern to compare brightness.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:08:34 PM EDT
[#14]

this thread delivers –– a big thanks to 5subslr5!

ar-jedi

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

this thread delivers –– a big thanks to 5subslr5!

ar-jedi

Thanks much.  
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:35:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Great thread.

I will be purchasing one of these in the very near future because of your test.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:03:39 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub, can you give us some details on light output? How well does it illuminate a room of such and such size? Is it enough light to read by, perform tasks by? Much difference between high/low settings? Is the light diffused well?

TP, I really did little but turn the light on and to different levels before beginning the test and I've been leery of moving the thing since testing began. Let the test complete and I'll put in a fresh set of rechargeable AccuEvolution NiMH 10000 mAh batteries - the battery I intend to use with this lantern - and then I'll try and give some better feed back.
5sub

TP, ALL,

I shut down all lights, the TV and even my computer monitor. Grabbed my test light that now has 250+ hours of continuous burn, picked up an old issue of National Review (the one with Barney ^%$#@#$ Frank on the cover) and put the light on the table beside my favorite chair. I could NOT read the magazine as the light had dimmed too much. Next I broke out a TV tray/table to simulate a work bench, put the light on the tray along with the magazine and could read just fine. The ability to move the light head around into various positions helps with the dimming light. (Light is still set to lower setting and still burning.)

I did the same things with my friend's new light and, of course, could read just fine from any position. So far as high and low settings I estimate the high setting is about 25% brighter than the low.
5sub
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:40:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

TP, I really did little but turn the light on and to different levels before beginning the test and I've been leery of moving the thing since testing began. Let the test complete and I'll put in a fresh set of rechargeable AccuEvolution NiMH 10000 mAh batteries - the battery I intend to use with this lantern - and then I'll try and give some better feed back.

5sub

TP, ALL,

I shut down all lights, the TV and even my computer monitor. Grabbed my test light that now has 250+ hours of continuous burn, picked up an old issue of National Review (the one with Barney ^%$#@#$ Frank on the cover) and put the light on the table beside my favorite chair. I could NOT read the magazine as the light had dimmed too much. Next I broke out a TV tray/table to simulate a work bench, put the light on the tray along with the magazine and could read just fine. The ability to move the light head around into various positions helps with the dimming light. (Light is still set to lower setting and still burning.)

I did the same things with my friend's new light and, of course, could read just fine from any position. So far as high and low settings I estimate the high setting is about 25% brighter than the low.

5sub

I'm really surprised by all of these results, +1 though, I'm grabbing one
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:14:51 PM EDT
[#19]
THanks 5sub, good post and test.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:19:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

TP, ALL,

5sub

Thank you for all the info... This thread sold me, I bought 3 (all that my Lowes had in stock) of them... You should call and see if you can recieve a commission on each one you sell.....LOL

I do want to know how bright and long the lantern would run on the rechargable AA batteries....

Thanks for all the work...

Amos1909

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:02:47 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

5sub

TP, ALL,

5sub

Thank you for all the info... This thread sold me, I bought 3 (all that my Lowes had in stock) of them... You should call and see if you can recieve a commission on each one you sell.....LOL

I do want to know how bright and long the lantern would run on the rechargable AA batteries....

Thanks for all the work...

Amos1909

Thanks....

Believe it or not this thing is STILL burning. It's like it has reached a certain stage where it just doesn't get any dimmer.  I'm gonna let it go for a while and then just pull the batteries so I can begin the AA test.

Will do the AA test With my friend's light side-by-side so I can check/compare brightness as the test goes along.

5sub

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:45:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Grabbed my 2 up, thanks for helping me to spend even more of my money. FYI Salt Lake City SF members... the Lowes on 1300S and 300W is now out of them. I wanted to pick up 3, but after taking the last 3, and talking to the Lowes employee about the light and this thread, another guy walked up and said was it on ar15.com? I said that's the one, he asked if I was sure it was this light in particular, told him if it is not I would buy it off of him, he asked if there were any more, and the sales guy said I had the last 3, I gave him one to be fair, also got his number and said he was new to the area and would like someone to go shooting with... how can one say no to a shooting trip. The weird thing about the location was that they were on one of those end stands at one of the checkouts not near any of the lights/ tool/ or electrical section, I almost left thinking they had none, then seen them.

I also picked up 2 more boxes of N95 masks and a few decorations my daughter refused to put down after picking up.... I'm a sucker for her pout face I guess. Tonight after the sun goes down I will head out to the garage and do a quick test comparing outputs with a few of the room illuminating devices I have (minus the fuel/ propane lanterns unless requested here). I will test it against a Glotoob lithium, a Sullivan 4AA LED lantern, this lantern and a Coleman Northstar 8D lantern (my usual go to for indoor room lighting). I am by no means even a novice camera operator, so if anyone knows a trick to get a better photo with a Canon powershot A590IS, let me know before approx 2200 tonight.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 12:54:52 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Grabbed my 2 up, thanks for helping me to spend even more of my money. FYI Salt Lake City SF members... the Lowes on 1300S and 300W is now out of them. I wanted to pick up 3, but after taking the last 3, and talking to the Lowes employee about the light and this thread, another guy walked up and said was it on ar15.com? I said that's the one, he asked if I was sure it was this light in particular, told him if it is not I would buy it off of him, he asked if there were any more, and the sales guy said I had the last 3, I gave him one to be fair, also got his number and said he was new to the area and would like someone to go shooting with... how can one say no to a shooting trip. The weird thing about the location was that they were on one of those end stands at one of the checkouts not near any of the lights/ tool/ or electrical section, I almost left thinking they had none, then seen them.

I also picked up 2 more boxes of N95 masks and a few decorations my daughter refused to put down after picking up.... I'm a sucker for her pout face I guess. Tonight after the sun goes down I will head out to the garage and do a quick test comparing outputs with a few of the room illuminating devices I have (minus the fuel/ propane lanterns unless requested here). I will test it against a Glotoob lithium, a Sullivan 4AA LED lantern, this lantern and a Coleman Northstar 8D lantern (my usual go to for indoor room lighting). I am by no means even a novice camera operator, so if anyone knows a trick to get a better photo with a Canon powershot A590IS, let me know before approx 2200 tonight.

...........Lowes on 1300S and 300W is now out of them.

My Lowe's on N. May in Oklahoma City is also out of stock.  
5sub

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 1:32:54 PM EDT
[#24]
I found them at Target today and they had a lot of them along with the lantern model.

Link Posted: 9/19/2009 5:41:48 PM EDT
[#25]
The Lowes in Texas Gulf Coast area has cases of them. Part of their hurricane supplies.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 7:17:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Sounds like a sound investment if you ask me. Still one should have a few different lighting sources since you may not know what stock or supply you can get from what power sources.. I still want 2 Aladdin, have a couple different sizes and types of Dietz however just for that reason. Better to have then need/ want/ wish.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:18:17 AM EDT
[#27]
Sorry guys will have to wait till tonight. Friend came over and we started with a few drinks, after a few hours... I dont think I was in any shape to try to take photos of a bunch of lights... sorry. Ill do it this evening.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:29:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Favor to ask of 5sub,
Is there any way you can take a voltage reading on those abused D cells?
Would be very interesting to see how much juice it was able to suck out of them.

Thought:
Might be a good way to 'vampire' other D cells from other devices.
A radio or other device may shut off on low voltage,  but the used cells may give many hours of light by scavenging useful voltage in this light.

Oh yeah,  great test!!

I especially like that you used batteries that had already been shelf stored.
Makes it even more of a convincing SHTF test!

Great job!

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:58:05 PM EDT
[#29]
Picked mine up today, walked all around the store until I decided to check the front by the checkout and of course it was there.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#30]
Picked mine up today, walked all around the store until I decided to check the front by the checkout and of course it was there.

Ha-Ha!

Glad I'm not the only one that does this all the time!
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:36:39 AM EDT
[#31]
Guys, on Friday night, I turn the lantern up to HIGH just fooling around and left it alone. That thing is STILL burning. Not bright mind you but still bright enough to light up a small work bench area. I want to start the test with AA batteries but can't bear to shut this puppy down until the batteries are exhausted.

At 11:30AM this light will have been burning continuously for 14 days.......about 11 days on low and the last 3 on high...........about 334 hours as of right now.
5sub
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 7:41:47 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Guys, on Friday night, I turn the lantern up to HIGH just fooling around and left it alone. That thing is STILL burning. Not bright mind you but still bright enough to light up a small work bench area. I want to start the test with AA batteries but can't bear to shut this puppy down until the batteries are exhausted.

At 11:30AM this light will have been burning continuously for 14 days.......about 11 days on low and the last 3 on high...........about 334 hours as of right now.
5sub

Amazing!!!!

Link Posted: 9/21/2009 8:05:07 AM EDT
[#33]
5sub:  great review

I might of missed it, but what kind of batteries did you use for this test?  Also, how do you use AA batteries?

BTW, this post also lead me to Lowes and bought two.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

5sub: great review

I might of missed it, but what kind of batteries did you use for this test? Also, how do you use AA batteries?

BTW, this post also lead me to Lowes and bought two.

I might of missed it, but what kind of batteries did you use for this test?

Four Energizer alkaline D-cells that were maybe two years old.

Also, how do you use AA batteries?

I found these battery converters at Bearwobble that allow TWO AA batteries to be put in each shell.

See bottom this page:

Battery Converter Shells (Battery Adapters) AA to D: 4/pac)

FAR MORE POWER because these size D battery shells (battery spacers) take TWO AA batteries, NOT one - like other shells. Simple, durable, reuseable, transparent.

BTW, I've done battery bidness with 'Bearwobble.com' before and find them to be an excellent supplier.
5sub
5sub: great review

Link Posted: 9/22/2009 12:01:57 AM EDT
[#35]
You sold me.  My only beef is now I have to keep some D batteries handy.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 8:10:41 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

You sold me. My only beef is now I have to keep some D batteries handy.

Maybe not.  If this thing will ever stop burning (yes it is still burning) I'm going to test this light with AA batteries.
5sub
Link Posted: 9/22/2009 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Favor to ask of 5sub,
Is there any way you can take a voltage reading on those abused D cells?
Would be very interesting to see how much juice it was able to suck out of them.

Thought:
Might be a good way to 'vampire' other D cells from other devices.
A radio or other device may shut off on low voltage,  but the used cells may give many hours of light by scavenging useful voltage in this light.

Oh yeah,  great test!!

I especially like that you used batteries that had already been shelf stored.
Makes it even more of a convincing SHTF test!

Great job!

I also would like to see a multi tester reading from these batteries. It would be interesting to see how far down you can drain them and still get decent light from this lantern.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 5:09:11 AM EDT
[#38]
thanks for the test... picked one up the other day.. taking it camping ( Appleseed shoot ) this weekend...
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 9:57:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Wow I need to pick up a couple of these.

According to wikipedia the average mAh of AAs is 2400mAh and the average of Ds is 12000mAh so you would be looking at around 1/3 of the run time with the double pack adapter you have.
Link Posted: 9/24/2009 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#40]
Stopped by Target on the way home from work and picked one up.  They also had a 500 hour 3 LED light so I got that too. The 500hr lantern came packaged with Energizer batteries(it uses 3 so 1 less than the 245hr light) and one of those little pocket LED squeeze lights. It has a single incandescent bulb that doesnt seem any brighter than the LEDs so I am not sure why its even included. With only 3 LEDs isn't as bright as the 245hr model but it looks like it will be just fine to light up a room(it isn't quite dark here yet so I cannot tell for sure. The price tag read $25.49 whereas the 245hr was only $21.49 but it rang up as $17.99.
This review says it really does run for the full 500 hours, it costed me less, uses 1 less battery, and lasts twice as long on paper so it looks like another winner.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Wow I need to pick up a couple of these.

According to wikipedia the average mAh of AAs is 2400mAh and the average of Ds is 12000mAh so you would be looking at around 1/3 of the run time with the double pack adapter you have.

Good info and thanks.  I'll check but I think the AA's I'm going to use are 2200mAh.
5sub

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Went to Home Depot and found the light for like 19.47$.  Thanks for the review.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 6:23:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Picked one up homey.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 7:52:36 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

5sub

Alright...............at about 10:30PM, 9/27/09, I pulled the D-cell batteries. Have to tell you though dim the batteries/light were/was still burning !!
5sub
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Started the second test with AA batteries at 10:30PM Central 9/27/09.  (Low setting.)

I'm using AccuEvolution AA 2200 mAh batteries from http://www.bearwobble.com/AA-20pac-Ultra-Low-Self-Discharge-NiMH-Rechargeable-Batteries-AP-AA20.htm.

2200 mAh of renewable capacity! Much more than Sanyo, Duracell, Rayovac and others!

** Very Low Shipping Charge: Just $4 for 1st pound + $1 per additional - may include multiple types of products, no quantity limits!

** Low Self Discharge: Pre-charged and always ready. More power when you need it - with little precious energy leaking off while idle.

** Constant Voltage/Low Internal Resistance: No voltage fade. Almost no energy wasted on heat. No brand beats AccuEvolution for efficiency and voltage stability.

** Gold Standard for Low Self Discharge rechargeable batteries: Proven worldwide for performance, efficiency, versatility - and accurate specifications.

I'm also using Bearwobble's Battery Converter Battery Adapters AA to D.

SIMPLE ECONOMY: Just pop open the shell, slide in 2 inexpensive AA batteries, close the shell and you have a D battery! These shells may be used with all AA batteries, regardless of chemistry.

HOW OUR SHELLS ARE DIFFERENT: Unlike other D shells, ours take TWO AA batteries, not ONE. This is very important because most D battery applications need a capacity of at least 4000 mAh per battery, which is much more than the capacity of a single AA battery. Two AccuEvolution AA batteries deliver a total of 4,400 mAhs.

PERFORMANCE: Because these shells take two AAs, your converted battery will work about the same as a real D of the same chemistry, except that the storage capacity is less. With high drain devices such as digital cameras, you will definitely need to recharge more frequently.

As stated above Bearwobble's Battery Converter Battery Adapters AA to D allows for the use of TWO AA batteries/converter so I'm running this test with four adapters and a total of 8 AA batteries.

I have kept my friend's identical lantern so that I can at least eyeball comparative brightness. As the test begins, the brightness is identical.
5sub
Link Posted: 10/1/2009 7:28:20 PM EDT
[#46]
I was at Wally World tonight and saw an Energizer Weather Ready 500
.  Anybody wanna take that one on?  Oh, and it was about $18-19.  If it is the same quality as this 245, sounds like maybe an even better deal.

Cry Havoc!

P.S. - Uh, no, I didn't get it.  I had stopped by Lowes already and have a 245 - sheesh!

Link Posted: 10/1/2009 9:08:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I was at Wally World tonight and saw an Energizer Weather Ready 500.  Anybody wanna take that one on?  Oh, and it was about $18-19.  If it is the same quality as this 245, sounds like maybe an even better deal.

Cry Havoc!

P.S. - Uh, no, I didn't get it.  I had stopped by Lowes already and have a 245 - sheesh!

Already got one. See my previous post. I didn't bother testing it because I found a link where someone else already had and they confirmed the 500+ hour rating.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 5:11:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

5sub

Alright...............at about 10:30PM, 9/27/09, I pulled the D-cell batteries. Have to tell you though dim the batteries/light were/was still burning !!
5sub

Sorry forgot to update.

This test was quick. The AA batteries gave only about 48 hours (continuous burn on low setting) of acceptable light. Still, at five hours use per night, that's roughly 9 or 10 days.

My conclusion: If like me you have a lot of AA batteries around get the converter shells and have a redundant power source.
5sub
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 5:23:25 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was at Wally World tonight and saw an Energizer Weather Ready 500
. Anybody wanna take that one on? Oh, and it was about $18-19. If it is the same quality as this 245, sounds like maybe an even better deal.

Cry Havoc!

P.S. - Uh, no, I didn't get it. I had stopped by Lowes already and have a 245 - sheesh!

Already got one. See my previous post. I didn't bother testing it because I found a link where someone else already had and they confirmed the 500+ hour rating.

Andrew, I didn't see the setting on which the light was tested in the review. Might have just missed it.

Found this info on another site:

5sub
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 6:30:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I was at Wally World tonight and saw an Energizer Weather Ready 500 . Anybody wanna take that one on? Oh, and it was about $18-19. If it is the same quality as this 245, sounds like maybe an even better deal.

Cry Havoc!

P.S. - Uh, no, I didn't get it. I had stopped by Lowes already and have a 245 - sheesh!

Andrew, I didn't see the setting on which the light was tested in the review. Might have just missed it.

Found this info on another site:

5sub

Wow it looks like it is time for a test then.

10/2/09 7:30am: Light has been turned on to the 3 LED setting.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top