Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/31/2024 10:53:54 AM EDT
I have heard stories but never been there. Was debating going at lunch time on a week day to check out some higher end watches, but some of the people I work with who grew up here said don't go at night. Or really at all, as people are being followed and CCW is pretty frowned upon, and enforced through guards and detectors.

Is this the case? I'm really not trying to live in fear of going places, but I also don't want to die if I can help it
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 1:02:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't been in a while, but there are detectors.
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 8:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:26:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARstudent] [#3]
Oh no not again.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Buckhead-Lenox-Mall-Security/35-671403/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/Buckhead-Lenox-Mall-Security/35-671403/
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 5:11:56 PM EDT
[#4]
If watches are what you are interested in maybe try Brown & Co. Same general area but no roving gangs of yutes.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 7:52:43 PM EDT
[#5]
they apparently have detectors now, but i haven’t been in 3ish years.

cannot give honest feedback on ccw. it’s gotten worse since i moved here, as has phipps mall.

definitely darker lately. im sure id survive during daylight school hours, but i wouldn’t go late. apple store is at lenox.

phipps has a cole haan, only place i’ve been there besides johnny rockets w friends long before it got darker.
Link Posted: 2/1/2024 9:47:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm supposed to go to that area tomorrow for a security conference, but have way too much crap to do, so I'll just work from home again. I worked across the street from Lenox 20 years ago. We used to walk there and to Phipps for lunch. Lots of MILFs for our viewing pleasure. Guess all good things must come to an end.
Link Posted: 2/2/2024 8:11:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Weekday lunch to look at watches is fine.  I did the same a couple months ago and then went down to the food court after. From what I recall, the detectors were at the top of the escalators to get down to the food court area.

I’ve worked nearby for over 20 years and drop in periodically.  But yeah, I wouldn’t go nights or weekends.
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 11:14:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GingerKid:
Weekday lunch to look at watches is fine.  I did the same a couple months ago and then went down to the food court after. From what I recall, the detectors were at the top of the escalators to get down to the food court area.

I’ve worked nearby for over 20 years and drop in periodically.  But yeah, I wouldn’t go nights or weekends.
View Quote

Let's go there, we'll take marta from Brookhaven.  hehe, just kidding.  I haven't been to the Omega Boutique at Phipps in years.

What watch stores are still there? Tourneau closed right?
Link Posted: 2/3/2024 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure… I probably have my facts wrong but seems like it’s a Mayors store, with a Rolex, Omega, and Tudor boutique inside. As usual, no Rolex available for sale and they didn’t have the new smaller Tudor Pelagos 39.  It’s a let down every time and not sure why I bother going.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:41:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GingerKid:

View Quote

You can circumvent the metal detectors  in the mall to get to food court by going into Bloomingdale’s and down to their first floor. You can enter the first floor / food court area from there with no detectors .
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:30:02 AM EDT
[#11]
The last time I was in Lenox Mall was fall of 2016.  I was going overseas and wanted to buy a mess of Euros from the currency exchange place there.  They had the signs up even then, but I was armed and didn't get bothered.  It's sad to see that the mall has gone so far downhill.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top