BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 3:13:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Please email Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and request that he schedule a vote for CS/SB 300: Weapons and Firearms, the Open Carry Bill in his Judiciary committee.

Email:   [email protected]

Subject:  Please schedule hearing for Open Carry bill

Dear Chairman Diaz de la Portilla:

As a citizen of the state of Florida, I am very concerned about the rights of my fellow citizens to protect themselves and their families I also wish for the legislature to recognize and support the meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.  

My fellow citizens are anxiously waiting for the Open Carry Bill, CS/SB 300, to be scheduled for a hearing and a vote in your committee.  This bill has been traveling successfully through the House and its assigned committees and deserves to continue to do so in the Senate as well.

Please schedule a hearing on this bill as soon as possible.

Signed,  

View Quote

Done

I did a cut and paste because if I wrote to him myself I'm not sure he would have liked what I had to say.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone know how that flurry of poison amendments did today?
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:19:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

I haven't heard yet.

54 amendments is completely of this world.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like to see a complete list and the sponsor/supporters of each.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:24:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/?Tab=Amendments
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:46:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 9:48:28 PM EDT
[#7]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like the flurry of anti-gun stuff did poorly.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 11:39:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't like the employer stuff, why doesn't the legislature stay out of it?   Oh well whatever it takes to get open carry.

Constitutional carry, next!!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:37:47 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Don't like the employer stuff, why doesn't the legislature stay out of it?   Oh well whatever it takes to get open carry.

View Quote

Personally, I'd rather leave that employer language out and forego OC. OC is a novelty but I carry at work all day every day.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:07:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most every amendment looks like it failed. HB4001 didn't get the amendment activity that HB163 got. Both bills are set for 3rd reading calendar as of this morning.

Its funny that open carry and campus carry scare many in this forum just like Trump.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:46:23 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Most every amendment looks like it failed. HB4001 didn't get the amendment activity that HB163 got. Both bills are set for 3rd reading calendar as of this morning.

Its funny that open carry and campus carry scare many in this forum just like Trump.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is two sided. I want OC but I understand why some don't. Because right now we can pretty much carry anywhere and everywhere without an issue. Many here fear that we'll become TX and have signs with legal authority.

I don't think that'll happen. But I do see some dumb asses being dumb asses.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Personally, I'd rather leave that employer language out and forego OC. OC is a novelty but I carry at work all day every day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree this is two steps back to go one step forward, no thank you.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems like OC has a good shot. The House read it yesterday and the attempted neutering didn’t work. Funny how the lawmakers tacked on a privilege for them to concealed carry @ the legislature. Of course they can, and we still can’t. Do they see us as equal? Are they scared of us? Why would politicians be scared of the citizenry? If they are listening to our wishes, what is there to be scared of?

Anyways. Seems like today they will read for a final vote in the House. Seems like it won’t be neutered, and will then depend on the Senate (Subcommitte w/Portilla first). Portilla said he will allow the OC bill to be heard in the subcommittte (now he sounds nervous so a phone call or email of encouragement might help here). Amendments in subcommitte are a risk.

If it gets through the Senate subcommittee un-neutered then we have a real good shot. Amendments in the Senate are tougher to accomplish than the subcommittee.

Feel free to correct me on the above…

As always, thank you Florida Carry for all you do.

ETA: here is what I sent to Portilla

Dear Senator Portilla,

Please do not use tactical procedural maneuvers to silence a conversation for all Senators to engage in regarding open carry and campus carry.

Please align with the intention of our Founders by resisting your temptation to silence this conversation through your power as subcommittee chair.

Please hear the open carry and campus carry bills in the subcommittee you lead.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:13:50 AM EDT
[#14]
It's amazing how a single layer of clothing such as a t-shirt makes all the difference in the world for these anti-gun people.  Open carry will cause more violence and chaos but if you keep that shirt over your gun, everything will be ok.  Good Lord!!!
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

What 'employer' stuff, exactly?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The wording that specifies an employer can fire anyone for carrying either concealed or openly for no other reason than they were carrying.  Like I said, it is 2 steps back,'if that poison pill cannot be removed this bill should not be passed.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

The wording that specifies an employer can fire anyone for carrying either concealed or openly for no other reason than they were carrying.  Like I said, it is 2 steps back,'if that poison pill cannot be removed this bill should not be passed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why should a business owner need provide any justification for firing someone? Is justification required in a free society?

You are right, those words should not be in the bill, but not for the reason you're providing. No business owner should ever have his hands tied on who works for him.

Should be between employee and employer. If the employee refuses to cooperate with the employers wishes (not just guns), employer should be able to fire. Neither side should have protective laws.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:08:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Seems like OC has a good shot. The House read it yesterday and the attempted neutering didn’t work. Funny how the lawmakers tacked on a privilege for them to concealed carry @ the legislature. Of course they can, and we still can’t. Do they see us as equal? Are they scared of us? Why would politicians be scared of the citizenry? If they are listening to our wishes, what is there to be scared of?

Anyways. Seems like today they will read for a final vote in the House. Seems like it won’t be neutered, and will then depend on the Senate (Subcommitte w/Portilla first). Portilla said he will allow the OC bill to be heard in the subcommittte (now he sounds nervous so a phone call or email of encouragement might help here). Amendments in subcommitte are a risk.

If it gets through the Senate subcommittee un-neutered then we have a real good shot. Amendments in the Senate are tougher to accomplish than the subcommittee.

Feel free to correct me on the above…

As always, thank you Florida Carry for all you do.

ETA: here is what I sent to Portilla

Dear Senator Portilla,

Please do not use tactical procedural maneuvers to silence a conversation for all Senators to engage in regarding open carry and campus carry.

Please align with the intention of our Founders by resisting your temptation to silence this conversation through your power as subcommittee chair.

Please hear the open carry and campus carry bills in the subcommittee you lead.
View Quote

I really like what you wrote there.

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Why should a business owner need provide any justification for firing someone? Is justification required in a free society?

You are right, those words should not be in the bill, but not for the reason you're providing. No business owner should ever have his hands tied on who works for him.

Should be between employee and employer. If the employee refuses to cooperate with the employers wishes (not just guns), employer should be able to fire. Neither side should have protective laws.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. I am not a business owner and most likely won't be any time soon, but let's not forget about Everyone's rights. Yes you should have the right to carry, openly or concealed, but the business should have the right to say what happens on his property/business. If the two parties can't agree then one needs a new job and the other needs a new employee. We have to try to look at issues from both sides if we want to convince people that we are the ones that are right.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#20]
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/florida-senate-president-gun-bills-are-in-trouble/2263902

Florida Senate president: Gun bills are 'in trouble'

Keeping contacting Senator Diaz de la Portilla!

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 4:04:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/the-buzz-florida-politics/florida-senate-president-gun-bills-are-in-trouble/2263902

View Quote

We should all send the Senate President an email at the same time.

I am going to do that right now.

[email protected]

This is what I sent. He used the language in the above article about pulling a bill out of committee. It gave me the idea for the subject line. I shamelessly stole the rest from rinohunter.

Subject: Please pull Open Carry and Campus Carry out of committee

Hello Senate President Gardiner,

Please do not let Senator Portilla use tactical procedural maneuvers to silence a conversation for all Senators to engage in regarding open carry and campus carry.

Please align with the intention of our Founders by restricting his temptation to silence this conversation through his power as subcommittee chair.

Please let the open carry and campus carry bills stuck in the subcommittee be voted on in the full senate.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 5:34:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Good to know that tourism dollars and their perceived level of "comfort" is more important than the residents' safety.  30 years in this state and I should be used to this, but I'm not.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#23]
I think I just saw Campus carry pass for CWP holders on the Florida Channel 80Yes
Debating open carry now.. Talking about "Bike week" now. Gangs wearing Colors
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 6:57:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Jesus, let's just get on with this thing.

Is there any firm ETA on when a final decision will be made?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:28:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

It still has to go to senate and then governor? right?

ETA Yippee! and heres the way they voted.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/4001/Vote/HouseVote_h4001__526.PDF
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

[email protected]

This is what I sent. He used the language in the above article about pulling a bill out of committee. It gave me the idea for the subject line. I shamelessly stole the rest from rinohunter.

Please do not let Senator Portilla use tactical procedural maneuvers to silence a conversation for all Senators to engage in regarding open carry and campus carry.

Please align with the intention of our Founders by restricting his temptation to silence this conversation through his power as subcommittee chair.

Please let the open carry and campus carry bills stuck in the subcommittee be voted on in the full senate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

[email protected]

Everybody send this guy something.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Sent a respectful and "common sense" email to Senate President Gardiner.

Not the type of common sense email that Mr Portilla would consider to be "common sense" though, I'm sure.

Thanks for the draft email (^above).

eta this is the 4th or 5th bout of emails for me...please "carry" it forward (pun intended)! haha
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:17:07 PM EDT
[#28]
In the senate between  Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and president of senate Andy Gardiner, R-Orlando, Campus carry and probably Open carry will never reach the senate floor this year, as a 62 year resident of this state I have seen many changes, mostly bad, in the good old days we were able to keep the Northern liberals to Dade County, now they are everywhere like cockroaches, and then the real demise for my state was a Jewish Liberal that brought Disney to Florida, that changed the state for good, it no longer was the state for vacationing Northern liberals in Miami only, it became  the tourist destination of this country and outside this country, and millions of people have been flocking here to live with their liberal views. It is all about money, YOU will never see a open carry in Florida, EVER, tourists will not want to see people openly carrying guns, its all about money, and money is what brought most of you Northerners here. You know back in 1968 when us locals sold out to Disney, I looked up at my father 2 years later and asked if we did the right thing back then, he said NO, but we sure got rich overnight. It is always about money. Sorry for my rambling, I will just sit back and dream of my Florida in the short remaining years I have left and the fond memories playing as a youngster, and walking down the street at 14 years old with a Marlin 39a over my shoulder in this swamp called Florida.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
In the senate between  Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and president of senate Andy Gardiner, R-Orlando, Campus carry and probably Open carry will never reach the senate floor this year, as a 62 year resident of this state I have seen many changes, mostly bad, in the good old days we were able to keep the Northern liberals to Dade County, now they are everywhere like cockroaches, and then the real demise for my state was a Jewish Liberal that brought Disney to Florida, that changed the state for good, it no longer was the state for vacationing Northern liberals in Miami only, it became  the tourist destination of this country and outside this country, and millions of people have been flocking here to live with their liberal views. It is all about money, YOU will never see a open carry in Florida, EVER, tourists will not want to see people openly carrying guns, its all about money, and money is what brought most of you Northerners here. You know back in 1968 when us locals sold out to Disney, I looked up at my father 2 years later and asked if we did the right thing back then, he said NO, but we sure got rich overnight. It is always about money. Sorry for my rambling, I will just sit back and dream of my Florida in the short remaining years I have left and the fond memories playing as a youngster, and walking down the street at 14 years old with a Marlin 39a over my shoulder in this swamp called Florida.
View Quote

So, long story short, are you giving up and not even trying?

Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:34:58 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So far so good.

What's the prospect look like once it hits the Senate?
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 8:36:48 PM EDT
[#31]
I really do not care about open carry, that is just me, and I am to old to care about campus carry, I am more concerned with the Stand Your Ground laws and Castle Doctrine laws, I will leave this open carry and campus carry to you younger people, I wish you good luck in your venture. After many lunches with senate politicians you will need it.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I really do not care about open carry, that is just me, and I am to old to care about campus carry, I am more concerned with the Stand Your Ground laws and Castle Doctrine laws, I will leave this open carry and campus carry to you younger people, I wish you good luck in your venture. After many lunches with senate politicians you will need it.
View Quote

Do you really believe that the ideology and support for these bills that you don't care about, exist within a vacuum, totally separate from the laws you do care about.

Unfortunately, the anti-2dA progressives and politicians do not feel your apathy in their march against our freedoms my good sir.

I care much more about SYG and CD too, but all these bills and the supporters are like peas in the same pod, like peas and carrots, or birds of a feather, etc.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't disagree with anything you said, the wording still needs to come out.  Florida is a work at will state, we can leave it at that.
Link Posted: 2/3/2016 10:11:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

So far so good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far so good.

Not as good.  This is where it's most likely to die.  The Judiciary committee chair won't schedule campus carry and most likely will do the same with open carry.  If it doesn't get scheduled, it can't be voted on by the committee to move on..  If it doesn't make past this committee, it's over.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:15:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Do you really believe that the ideology and support for these bills that you don't care about, exist within a vacuum, totally separate from the laws you do care about.

Unfortunately, the anti-2dA progressives and politicians do not feel your apathy in their march against our freedoms my good sir.

I care much more about SYG and CD too, but all these bills and the supporters are like peas in the same pod, like peas and carrots, or birds of a feather, etc.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Totally different, I do realize the anti 2nd amendment people want everything Just as you want everything, so you can wear a gun in plain site, (Has very little to do with 2nd amendment) You are already permitted to carry a weapon, this country was founded on compromise, and I personally care more about the protection of myself and my family, as in the Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine  laws which are the essence of the 2nd amendment and am ready to shelve the Campus Carry and Open Carry to further these other more important laws, by the way, those negotiations are taking place behind the scene.

Also the rights you have now are what we did 40 to 50 years ago, including the first state to implement conceal carry, and  through those years there was compromise on both sides to achieve our goal.
Some folks that were here remember that during the fight to pass Florida's Concealed Carry law in the 1980s, the Florida Sheriffs Association opposed concealed carry.  They literally said they didn't like "hidden guns."

At the time, open carry was legal in Florida and had been for decades.  They said if people were going to be allowed to carry guns, they needed to carry them openly so law enforcement officers could see them and know who had guns -- they claimed it was a matter of officer safety.

We the gun owners won, thus conceal carry, but not without compromise.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 5:28:55 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Totally different, I do realize the anti 2nd amendment people want everything Just as you want everything, so you can wear a gun in plain site, (Has very little to do with 2nd amendment) You are already permitted to carry a weapon, this country was founded on compromise, and I personally care more about the protection of myself and my family, as in the Stand Your Ground and Castle Doctrine  laws which are the essence of the 2nd amendment and am ready to shelve the Campus Carry and Open Carry to further these other more important laws, by the way, those negotiations are taking place behind the scene.

Also the rights you have now are what we did 40 to 50 years ago, including the first state to implement conceal carry, and  through those years there was compromise on both sides to achieve our goal.
Some folks that were here remember that during the fight to pass Florida's Concealed Carry law in the 1980s, the Florida Sheriffs Association opposed concealed carry.  They literally said they didn't like "hidden guns."

At the time, open carry was legal in Florida and had been for decades.  They said if people were going to be allowed to carry guns, they needed to carry them openly so law enforcement officers could see them and know who had guns -- they claimed it was a matter of officer safety.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for outing yourself as a fudd. Is that you Senator Portilla?

Your attitude has very little to do with the Second Amendment. It is apparent you have never spent anytime educating yourself about the history of our country. In the future feel free to give up your rights, but don't crackwise with those of others.

Your Tory attitude is very Tory.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 7:54:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Hey, no reason for us to fight with each other and play into the 'anti's" hands.  There are different opinions on this and that's fine, but for now lets focus on putting pressure on our reps to get this moving in the Senate.  I'm not a big OC fan but I am a gun-rights person so I want to see this make it to the Gov's desk to help entrench our 2nd A freedoms in this State.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:18:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take note tho that the 'open carry' referenced was LICENSED open carry and that LICENSE, tho issued in the name of the State of Florida was good ONLY in the County in which it was issued....................The first real change in our laws was when Leighton Baker, then a legislator, sponsored and managed to get enacted a lawful use statute........from that eventually the revision in the ccw law evolved.

Incidentally, Florida was NOT the first State to initiate ccw licensing.........many others had such laws, some very much descretionary, some mandatory issuance.    All in all this attempt at recovering a 'lost' right is a damned good example of just why compromise is a lousy deal.......once you lose 'em you will play hell gettin' 'em back...........just think of the Patriot Act as an example.

Insofar as recovering lost 2nd amendment rights goes tho, the best example I am aware of is my old home of W.Va,   Basically, prior to the passage of a State Constitutional amendent the RTBA had been gutted.........licenses to carry were may issue only.....2 grand surety bond, newspaper publication and if you had not real standing in the community (Dr, Lawyer, etc) you might just as well forget it!     Court cases and activism changed all that and that state is now on the verge of totally unlicensed carry............but it's only taken neary 95 years to get there..............all started with the coal mine wars in the early 20's.

Personally, and I am older than the commentator I quoted, I would much rather risk it ALL than give one goddamn inch........to quote the NRA, stand and fight, or you will lose it in bits and pieces
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:25:38 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

So far so good.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So far so good.

Not bad, but not great. The vote in the House was 80 to 38 Yea. That is overwhelming support for open carry. The Senate shouldn't feel too nervous about passing the bill if they can point their finger at the House who passed it without gutting it.

Now that it has so much support in the House, Portilla is nervous that it could actually pass the Senate. Originally said he would hear it in subcommittee, but is now saying he might change his mind (because there is little support from Committee members ) to stall it and keep it off the Senate floor.

Amendments in the full Senate will be tough to pass; it's all about Portilla hearing the bill in Judiciary committee- or Senate President pulling them out of committee to get it on the floor.

If Portilla doesn't hear it, when he said he would, what does that make him?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 10:43:55 AM EDT
[#40]
I wrote an actual letter, after sending a couple emails, this morning (I even put a stamp) and addressed it to his Tallahassee office.  I'm sure it'll get read, unlike some emails perhaps.

Here's the address:

The Honorable Diaz de la Portilla
406 Senate Office Building
404 South Monroe Street
Tallahassee, FL 32399-1100

I encourage all of you to do the same.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

I wrote an actual letter, after sending a couple emails, this morning (I even put a stamp) and addressed it to his Tallahassee office this morning.  I'm sure it'll get read, unlike some emails perhaps.

Here's the address:

404 South Monroe Street

View Quote

Done, and you're right, full court press time.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 11:54:25 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Not bad, but not great. The vote in the House was 80 to 38 Yea. That is overwhelming support for open carry. The Senate shouldn't feel too nervous about passing the bill if they can point their finger at the House who passed it without gutting it.

Now that it has so much support in the House, Portilla is nervous that it could actually pass the Senate. Originally said he would hear it in subcommittee, but is now saying he might change his mind (because there is little support from Committee members ) to stall it and keep it off the Senate floor.

Amendments in the full Senate will be tough to pass; it's all about Portilla hearing the bill in Judiciary committee- or Senate President pulling them out of committee to get it on the floor.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So far so good.

I have been reading a work around now the it has passed the house is that Gardiner can just bring the house bill to the floor himself and bypass any committees (or like you said pull the senate bill from committee, but then you have the issue of reconcile with the house over the couple of approved amendments).

Here's hoping, after the the overwhelming support it received in the house.

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:03:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I wrote an actual letter, after sending a couple emails, this morning (I even put a stamp) and addressed it to his Tallahassee office.  I'm sure it'll get read, unlike some emails perhaps.

Here's the address:

404 South Monroe Street

View Quote

Just pulled it off the printer. Done.
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:12:07 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the address:

404 South Monroe Street

Nice job!
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:14:21 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Nice job!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the address:

404 South Monroe Street

Nice job!

I made one for the Senate President too.

The Honorable Andy Gardiner
409 The Capitol
404 South Monroe Street

Please pull Open Carry and Campus Carry out of committee.

Sincerely,
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 12:46:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Your attitude has very little to do with the Second Amendment. It is apparent you have never spent anytime educating yourself about the history of our country. In the future feel free to give up your rights, but don't crackwise with those of others.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Luck, You lost last year and you will lose this year and next year,  this will be a state as Blue as California in the next 10 years, I do not waste my time on a bill as stupid as open carry, you just refuse to compromise, even the NRA sided with anti gun on backyard shooting, which is very big here in north central Florida.And as for doing my home work I do not have to , I lived through it way before you ever owned a weapon, But you fight your LOSING BATTLE..
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:22:58 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Good Luck, You lost last year and you will lose this year and next year,  this will be a state as Blue as California in the next 10 years, I do not waste my time on a bill as stupid as open carry, you just refuse to compromise, even the NRA sided with anti gun on backyard shooting, which is very big here in north central Florida.And as for doing my home work I do not have to , I lived through it way before you ever owned a weapon, But you fight your LOSING BATTLE..

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

(edited for COC compliance)- SGB

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Blasted emails to Gardiner and Portilla.

Printing out letters now, I'll have them stamped and in the mail by the end of the day.

Anything else I should do?
Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:39:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks again for that, and for the encouragement for the fight!

You sound like Hillary when you make statements like "You've got to compromise if you're going to make progress". You are afraid of open carry. You say you don't care about campus carry. Do you also think that "gun free zones" in general are good ideas?

Losing doesn't bother me. I will keep trying. I will fight against people like you as long as it takes. I wont develop an attitude which may or may not be real and troll a gun site. Maybe you should spend time on a knitting forum. Or maybe the needles would scare you too!

Link Posted: 2/4/2016 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#50]
I am not even going to respond to the last post, don't you people find it strange that 2 pro gun senators, both from the main areas of tourism are doing nothing, THIS is a tourist state,tourist do not want to come on vacation and see people with guns strapped to their waist and they do not want their children to see it, Florida is a Tourist state, without them were dead,All you are doing is giving the anti 2nd amendment people a WIN and a head of steam,  pronouncing victory when this bill gets the shelve again.We are a tourist state and there will never be an open carry here.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top