BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:13:33 AM EDT
[#1]

ACTION ON GUN BILLS TODAY, Thursday, January 28, 2016

IN THE HOUSE:

HB-163, Open Carry by Rep. Matt Gaetz was heard in the House Judiciary Committee and PASSED by a Vote of 12-4.  All Republicans and one Democrat voted in favor of the bill.

It
was a 2 1/2 hour hearing during which opponents of the bill, primarily
the Florida Sheriffs Association, tried unsuccessfully to gut the bill.

HB-163
is a bill to allow persons with a Concealed Weapons & Firearms
License to carry firearms concealed or openly which will prevent CW
license holders from being charged with the crime of violating the "Open
Carry" law because a concealed firearm, being legally carried,
accidentally or inadvertently becomes visible to the sight of another
person.

The amendment -- to gut the bill -- proposed by the Florida Sheriffs Association was defeated soundly defeated.

Rep.
Matt Gaetz, a skilled Second Amendment leader, carried the day on open
carry and the bill now moves to the floor of the Florida House.

IN THE SENATE:

Final Passage of three important bills today on the Senate Floor.  All three bills now go to the House.

HB-344, Stand Your Ground/Burden of Proof by Sen. Rob Bradley PASSED THE SENATE 24-12

SB-344 restores
the Stand Your Ground law to the original intent of the Legislature by
putting the burden of proof BACK ON THE STATE where it belongs.

Through
court action, prosecutors and courts have reversed the self-defense law
that gives immunity from arrest, detaining in custody, charging and
prosecuting until and unless an investigation reveals there is probable
cause to believe the act was not lawful self-defense.  They created a
special "Stand Your Ground" that forces the victim to prove innocence
rather than the state prove guilt.  This bill stops that.

SB-130, Unlawful Discharge by Sen. Garrett Richter PASSED THE SENATE 37-0.

SB-130
is clarifying language that adds a subsection (4) to existing law to
prohibit the recreational discharge of firearms in residential
neighborhoods that have a density of one or more dwellings per acre.

It
specifically exempts recreational discharge if "under the
circumstances, the discharge does not pose a reasonably foreseeable risk
to life, safety, or property."

SB-228, Mandatory Minimum Sentences by Sen. Aaron Bean PASSED THE SENATE 38-0

This bill removes aggravated assault from the 10-20-Life Mandatory Minimum Sentences.

Prosecutors
have been wrongfully using 10-20-Life to prosecute people who are
exercising self-defense.  This bill stops prosecutors from trying to put
people in prison for 10 years if they show a gun to scare off an
attacker or 20 years for firing a warning shot.

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:26:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks M4
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:18:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for that update.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to try to swing by the Capitol this coming Tuesday
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:11:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Anyone know when the OC bill will be heard by the House and what the prospects there look like for it passing?
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 10:26:36 AM EDT
[#6]
I was watching tv this morning at the gym and there was a local news piece on it without any of the usual  hysteria .
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was watching tv this morning at the gym and there was a local news piece on it without any of the usual  hysteria .
View Quote

but then their was yesterdays baynews9 piece with sheriff bob gualtieri who basically says we can't compare florida with the other states who have open carry (he says just look at texas, al ruechel says something like yeah that's the wild wild west). he goes on to say can you imagine open carriers on gulf blvd during spring break, or that if an open carrier walked into a bank during a hold up the open carrier would be in danger (i guess he feels it would be safe to walk in to a hold up some other way). he also said if we get a silent alarm at a convenience store when our officers arrive and see a guy open carrying while walking out with his morning cup of coffee what are we supposed to think (i guess if he wasn't open carrying they would smile, wave, and ask "which way did he go, george?").
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:46:58 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 12:27:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I won't be open carrying, but none the less we should have the freedom to do so.
Hopefully it passes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:05:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I plan on open carrying when im doing outdoor stuff like kayaking.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 1:20:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, and since I'm pretty slim I wouldn't have to worry about accidentally "brandishing". I print pretty bad in a regular t-shirt wearing an OWB holster.
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 5:58:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Lets hope it pass this time.
I am getting tried of carrying my colt python in my throng at the beach  on the weekends
lol
Link Posted: 1/29/2016 7:31:10 PM EDT
[#14]

So, both of the house bills got placed on the special order calendar this afternoon.

Does anybody know what that means

Link Posted: 1/29/2016 11:50:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Special Order Calendar
The list of bills on second reading to be taken up in session on a particular day.
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Special Order Calendar
The list of bills on second reading to be taken up in session on a particular day.
View Quote

The date is Tuesday 2/2/2016.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Special Order Calendar

So OC will be formally decided in less than a week?

This is yet another moment where people need to be calling their reps on Monday and Tuesday morning and I hope a SHITLOAD of people actually bother to do that.

I will be among them without question. Now or never? I'll take "now".
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This is yet another moment where people need to be calling their reps on Monday and Tuesday morning and I hope a SHITLOAD of people actually bother to do that.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Special Order Calendar

This 2/2/16 date is just in the House of Representatives.

The Senate is still to come. Both bills are bogged down in the Senate Judiciary Committee by Miami Senator and Judiciary Committee Chairman Portilla.

Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:14:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
SB-130 is clarifying language that adds a subsection (4) to existing law to prohibit the recreational discharge of firearms in residential neighborhoods that have a density of one or more dwellings per acre.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
SB-130 is clarifying language that adds a subsection (4) to existing law to prohibit the recreational discharge of firearms in residential neighborhoods that have a density of one or more dwellings per acre.  

Does anyone else think this is a step back for the "Gunshine State"

And who's the determining body for the below?  The responding LEO or the judge at your hearing?

It specifically exempts recreational discharge if "under the circumstances, the discharge does not pose a reasonably foreseeable risk to life, safety, or property."
Link Posted: 1/30/2016 10:45:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

And who's the determining body for the below?  The responding LEO or the judge at your hearing?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It specifically exempts recreational discharge if "under the circumstances, the discharge does not pose a reasonably foreseeable risk to life, safety, or property."

I believe that if one sets up a safe range they could still legally shoot on their property although "reasonably foreseeable risk......." is going to be a problem when law enforcement sees such a risk where there is, in fact, none.

Yes; I believe that it's a step back.
Link Posted: 1/31/2016 12:24:17 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I believe that if one sets up a safe range they could still legally shoot on their property although "reasonably foreseeable risk......." is going to be a problem when law enforcement sees such a risk where there is, in fact, none.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, it's really, really, bad.

They added a section that makes "does not present a reasonably foreseeable risk" an affirmative defense that the 'defendant' is required to prove vs the existing language 'reckless or negligent' as elements of the crime (with very specific legal definitions) that the state must prove.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:07:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Stand your ground and open carry gets brought to the floor again tomorrow? All the FL reps need to be getting calls and emails this afternoon and again tomorrow morning...

Is there a list of "key" people to focus on for emails/calls?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:41:11 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Stand your ground and open carry gets brought to the floor again tomorrow? All the FL reps need to be getting calls and emails this afternoon and again tomorrow morning...

View Quote
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160130/florida-alert-full-house-to-hear-pro-gun-bills-on-tuesday-act-now

Already sent mine, how about everyone else !!!

Send baby send !!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 12:58:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
https://www.nraila.org/articles/20160130/florida-alert-full-house-to-hear-pro-gun-bills-on-tuesday-act-now

Send baby send !!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send baby send !!!

Just sent.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#25]
From the Florida Open Carry group on Facebook this morning...

SENATE BILLS:

SB 68 - Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms (Campus Carry Bill), this bill sits stalled waiting to be heard by the Judiciary Committee. It has been voted favorable by two committees already but the Chairman of the Judiciary Committee has said he will not hear the bill. If the House passes its version and it is sent to the Senate for consideration, it may bypass him and be voted on anyway. Will have to wait and see what happens to the House version.

SB 130 Discharging a Firearm (Backyard ranges bill) was voted on by the Senate Floor and was voted 37 Yeas and 0 Nays. It is on the special calendar for 2/2/2016 and will be voted on in the Senate again. Looks like it will pass without issue.

SB 300 - Weapons and Firearms (Open Carry - Senate version) has been stalled waiting to be heard by the Judiciary Committee and the Chair of that Committee has stated that he will put the bill up for vote if it is amended, but that remains to be seen. It looks favorable IF it gets scheduled for a fair hearing. But unless it is put on the committee calendar it will sit here and not move on.

SB 370 - Gun Sale or Transfer of Firearms at Gun Shows. (Gun Show loophole law) This Bill would make it illegal for private sales at gun shows and require all sales to go through a FFL for background checks. This Bill has not been to any committees yet. It was filed on 01/12/2016. It does not look like it will go very far.

SB 1140 - Concealed Weapon or Firearm Licenses (First Responder law), this Bill would require CWL holders to show the CWL to ANY first Responder when they are involved with them (on approach of). This Bill has not been voted on by any of the assigned committees yet. It looks like it will not go very far.

SB 1500 - Concealed Weapons and Firearms (Airport carry law), this Bill would allow the carrying of firearms in airports in Florida in any of the non-sterile areas. The Bill has not gone through any of the assigned committees yet. Looks like it will not go very far unless it starts to get through the committees.

HOUSE BILLS

HB 41 - Discharging of Firearms on Residential Property (The backyard range bill). The Bill has passed through all of the assigned committees and was voted on favorably. It is now on the Special Calendar and will be discussed and possibly voted on by the whole House. This bill stands a very good chance of passing and being sent on to the Senate. Will be heard on 02/02/2016.

HB 163 - Weapons and Firearms (Open Carry Bill), this bill has been through all of its assigned committees and voted on favorably. It now was placed on the special calendar to be heard and voted on by the House Floor on 02/02/2016. It looks very good for this bill and if it passed the House vote it will be sent to the Senate for them to either take up and vote on or to assign to committees and then consider it. Right now it is not known how well it looks in the Senate, but could be a pleasant surprise.

HB 935 - Concealed Weapons and Firearms. (First Responder Bill) this is the same as SB 1140. It has not gone through any of the committees that it was assigned to and does not look like it is going anywhere. If it doesn't and is not assigned to the Special Calendar (which it is not on) it will not go anywhere.

HB 4001 - Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms - (Campus Carry Bill). This is the House version of SB 68 which is sitting waiting to be heard in Judiciary Committee in the Senate. The House version, this one, has made it through all of the assigned committees and was voted on favorably. It was added to the Special Calendar and will be voted on by the entire House on 02/02/2016. Stands a very good chance of passing the House and being passed on to the Senate where the Bill is stalled waiting to be heard in committee. The Senate can choose to use this one instead, bypass the Judiciary committee and that would be great if they did. Chances of that happening? Depends on who you ask. I give it a 50/50 chance in the Senate.

HB 4031 - Licenses to Carry Concealed Weapons or Firearms (Public meeting and Career Center Carry Bill) This Bill would allow carry of concealed firearms into public meetings and career centers. It has not been heard in any committees yet. It has not moved forward and does not look like it will.

HB 4051 - Concealed Weapons and Firearms (Airport Carry Bill) this is the House version of SB 1500. It has not gone through any committee hearings yet and does not look like it will go very far.

The Bills listed above are not all the bills being heard by the House and Senate of course, but those that may be or should be of interest to the members of Florida Carry and 2nd Amendment rights groups. If you want to help with these bills you can write to your Senator and House Representatives and let them know that you want them to support these bills and why. A short, ordinal email is better than a boiler plate one. They get thousands of emails sometimes on bills and yours being self written will stand out better and may actually be read and passed on. That comes from one of the aides to one of the Legislators. You can find the information on the bills at the websites of the Senate and House:

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Just sent.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Send baby send !!!

Just sent.

Thank you (couldn't recall that link).

This'll be my third round of contact emails  since the thread started!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:13:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Done, and thanks for the updates.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 2:55:40 PM EDT
[#28]
So as far as open carry goes, the next major stumbling block is to get Sen. Diaz de la Portilla to bring it up for a committee hearing in the senate?

Anyone emailed him yet?
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:08:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So as far as open carry goes, the next major stumbling block is to get Sen. Diaz de la Portilla to bring it up for a committee hearing in the senate?

Anyone emailed him yet?
View Quote

And this article agrees with me:  Senator Portilla, R-Miami, Holds the Key to Florida Open Carry

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 3:21:54 PM EDT
[#30]
What in the heck is with all the amendments to HB163

I just got something on my senate tracker account with 17 amendments.

CS/CS/CS/HB 163 (2016) Weapons and Firearms
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163
Filed to this Bill:
   480649 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/480649/PDF  
Before issuing a license to carry a concealed 5 weapon or a concealed firearm under chapter 790, Florida 6 Statutes, the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services 7 must contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation to verify the 8 applicant's eligibility to board a commercial aircraft.

277363 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/277363/PDF
A permanent resident alien is ineligible for a 5 license to carry a concealed weapon or a concealed firearm under 6 chapter 790, Florida Statutes.

612719 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/612719/PDF
other than a person who obtained permanent resident alien 12 status via a National Interest Waiver visa,

552779 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/552779/PDF
A person who obtains permanent resident alien 5 status through a student visa is ineligible for a license to 6 carry concealed weapons or concealed firearms under chapter 790, 7 Florida Statutes.

234715 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/234715/PDF
other than a person who has previously 13 renounced his or her United States citizenship,

100077 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
  http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/100077/PDF
such weapon or firearm, in addition to the restrictions of s. 5 790.06, a firearm may not be openly carried under this section 6 within 500 feet of an establishment licensed to serve alcoholic 7 beverages; however,

969003 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/969003/PDF
such weapon or firearm, except that, in addition to the 5 restrictions in s. 790.06, a firearm may not be openly carried 6 under this section within 500 feet of a movie theater; however,

462803 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
  http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/462803/PDF
such weapon or firearm, in addition to the restrictions of s. 5 790.06, a firearm may not be openly carried under this section 6 within 500 feet of real property owned or leased by a religious 7 institution; however,

212899 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/212899/PDF
such weapon or firearm, except that, in addition to the 5 restrictions in s. 790.06, a firearm may not be openly carried 6 under this section within 500 feet of a polling place; however,

459629 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/459629/PDF
such weapon or firearm, except that, in addition to the 5 restrictions in s. 790.06, a firearm may not be openly carried 6 under this section within a school safety zone as defined in s. 7 810.0975; however,

805769 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/805769/PDF
A person who obtains a United States Permanent 5 Resident Card through the Diversity Immigrant Visa program is 6 ineligible to apply for a license to carry a concealed weapon or 7 concealed firearm under chapter 790, Florida Statutes. 8

883001 - Amendment filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/883001/PDF
other than a person who has received permanent resident 12 alien status via preference relatives,

Filed to this Bill:
   986841 - Amendment filed by Representative Murphy
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/986841/PDF
the possession of a firearm is prohibited. A religious 5 organization may restrict or prohibit firearms on its property 6 and may post signage or communicate directly such restrictions 7 or prohibitions.

827979 - Amendment filed by Representative Murphy
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/827979/PDF
(5)(a) Notwithstanding any other law, a person who is 5 arrested while openly carrying under this section and found to 6 be intoxicated or under the influence of an illegal controlled 7 substance shall have his or her license under s. 790.06 8 temporarily suspended until: 9
1. The Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services 10 conducts a competency hearing and determines that the person is 11 not a threat to himself or herself or to the general public; or 12
2. The person is acquitted or found not guilty or is 13 otherwise cleared of the charges stemming from the arrest.

764765 - Amendment filed by Representative Murphy
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/764765/PDF
(4) Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an elected 5 county constitutional officer may restrict or prohibit the 6 possession of a firearm on government property over which that 7 officer has authority and to post or display written notice or 8 directly communicate that the possession of a firearm is 9 prohibited if the officer deems that such action is in the 10 interest of the safety of the officer's employees and the public 11 who use such property.

521399 - Amendment filed by Representative Murphy
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/521399/PDF
that is wholly or partially visible. However, a loaded firearm 5 that is openly carried under this section by a licensee may not, 6 if it is a semiautomatic or machine pistol, have ammunition in 7 the chamber or, if it is a revolver, have the hammer cocked. 8

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:35:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Wow!

Looks like Moskowitz and Murphy are a couple of gun grabbing azzholez.

Good news may be that since they're making a fuss with those amendments, maybe there's a good chance we'll get OC and Stand ye Ground un F'd this year.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Yeah, did you see the suggestion of prohibiting OC within 500 ft of a business that dispenses alcohol?  Geez, I don't even drink or frequent bars but if I walk by one, I'm screwed??  Crazy!!!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:55:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Put a fishing pole in the boat and you already can OC

Red

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 6:59:44 PM EDT
[#34]
And what about the Governor of our great state of Florida - will he sign it into law?

Red

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:05:17 PM EDT
[#35]
They are now even more amendments. I will add them in a little bit. I just got home.

I just got an update from my local Tea Party. They said write and call and ask for the amendments to NOT be adopted.

I blocked all the email addresses and it worked on my email. You can use it, just copy and paste.

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

"Dear Representative,

I am writing today to strongly urge you to support these critical bipartisan bills by Reps. Gaetz, Steube, Rehwinkel Vasilinda, Combee, and Edwards coming before you tomorrow Please also reject the rash of amendments being offered by anti-Second Amendment factions in the House today. These bills will go a long way towards strengthening and reaffirming every Floridian's right to self defense. We look forward to your "YES" vote on the bills and rejection of the anti-Self-Defense agenda attacking our rights.

Sincerely,"
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 8:35:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Here are the rest of the amendments.

Filed to this Bill:
   107939 - Substitute Amendment (552779) filed by Representative Gaetz
  http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/107939/PDF  
A person illegally present in the United States 6 is ineligible for a license to carry a concealed weapon or a 7 concealed firearm under chapter 790, Florida Statutes.

907729 - Substitute Amendment (277363) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/907729/PDF
A person illegally present in the United States 6 is ineligible for a license to carry a concealed weapon or a 7 concealed firearm under chapter 790, Florida Statutes.

103325 - Substitute Amendment (521399) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/103325/PDF
that is wholly or partially visible. A loaded firearm that is 5 openly carried under this section by a licensee must be carried 6 in a holster that is wholly or partially visible or carried on 7 or about the licensee in a case or bag that is wholly or 8 partially visible.

423313 - Substitute Amendment (986841) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/423313/PDF
the possession of a firearm is prohibited. A religious 5 organization may be considered a private owner or lessee of real 6 property.

388549 - Substitute Amendment (764765) filed by Representative Gaetz
  http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/388549/PDF
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, an elected 6 county constitutional officer may restrict or prohibit the 7 possession of a firearm on government property listed in s. 8 790.06(12).

903939 - Amendment to Amendment (480649) filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/903939/PDF
must contact the Terrorist Screening Center of the Federal 5 Bureau of Investigation to verify whether the applicant is on 6 the No Fly List maintained by the center.

301111 - Amendment to Amendment (277363) filed by Representative Moskowitz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/301111/PDF
A permanent resident alien who received his or 5 her permanent resident status via a K-1 fiancé(e) visa is 6 ineligible for a

855853 - Substitute Amendment (480649) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/855853/PDF
A person is ineligible for a license to carry a 6 firearm pursuant to chapter 790, Florida Statutes, if the 7 Federal Bureau of Investigation certifies to the state that the 8 applicant has been charged with a violation of 18 U.S.C. chapter 9 113B and has not been acquitted.

396489 - Substitute Amendment (802579) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/396489/PDF
790.32 High-capacity ammunition feeding devices.— 8
(1) As used in this section, the term "high-capacity 9 ammunition feeding device" means a magazine, belt, drum, feed 10 strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be 11 readily restored or converted to accept, more than 100 rounds of 12 ammunition. The term does not include an attached tubular device 13 designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 14

436295 - Substitute Amendment (827979) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/436295/PDF
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, a person 6 may not openly carry a firearm if the person is under the 7 influence of an alcoholic beverage, a chemical substance as 8 described in s. 877.111, or a controlled substance as defined in 9 chapter 893 when he or she is affected to the extent that his or 10 her normal faculties are impaired.

Filed to this Bill:

166263 - Substitute Amendment (459629) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/166263/PDF
such weapon or firearm, except that, in addition to the 5 restrictions of s. 790.06, a firearm may not be carried outside 6 a holster that is wholly or partially visible or carried on or 7 about the licensee in a case or bag that is wholly or partially 8 visible, under this section within a school safety zone as 9 defined in s. 810.0975; however, except as otherwise provided by

840213 - Substitute Amendment (883001) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/840213/PDF

295273 - Substitute Amendment (805769) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/295273/PDF

354821 - Substitute Amendment (234715) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/354821/PDF
A person illegally present in the United States 6 is ineligible for a license to carry a concealed weapon or a 7 concealed firearm under chapter 790, Florida Statutes. 8

471769 - Substitute Amendment (612719) filed by Representative Gaetz
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/471769/PDF

Filed to this Bill:

033617 - Amendment to Amendment (802579) filed by Representative Geller
   http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2016/0163/Amendment/033617/PDF
accept, more than 15 rounds of ammunition. The term does not

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:15:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Emailed! Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:24:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
And what about the Governor of our great state of Florida - will he sign it into law?

Red

View Quote

While the man is not perfect and resembles an alien, our governor is rock solid on RKBA issues & reducing the size of government, rest assured he will sign any and all pro-2a measurements.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 9:30:48 PM EDT
[#39]
they are trying to butcher it, with all the usual stuff.
Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:09:54 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Red

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Red

I know... but I want legal ooen carry without the need to lug fishing gear.

Link Posted: 2/1/2016 10:16:58 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
While the man is not perfect and resembles an alien, our governor is rock solid on RKBA issues & reducing the size of government, rest assured he will sign any and all pro-2a measurements.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Red

He's not an alien. He's Skeletor.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:16:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Hit
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 7:13:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Bump.

All the email addresses are in this thread above.

The time is now folks, please make contact.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Email sent this morning.  

Use the Subject:  PLEASE SUPPORT Pro-gun Bills HB-163, HB-4001 & HB-135

Now GO GO GO!!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:06:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Red

I agree.

I just started taking up bike riding.  Throwing a shirt over my gun in an OWB holster would be a lot easier.  There definitely are scenarios for OC.

If you don't plan on carrying OC, that's fine but at least support the option to do so.
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#46]
Concerned about submitted amendments such as within 500 feet of:

• an establishment licensed to serve alcoholic beverages
    church
    school safe zone
    voting poll
    movie theater

So you can't walk by these places, ride your bike, or even drive while OC?

We have people in my subdivision that live up against a school yard.

There was even a submission that you cannot carry with a round in the chamber.

This should be interesting what the final wording will be.  Seems like so long as we OC in an uninhabited location we should be fine.

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Email sent this morning.  

Now GO GO GO!!!
View Quote

Hit again
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Hit again
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Email sent this morning.  

Now GO GO GO!!!

Hit again

This
Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:52:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Please email Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and request that he schedule a vote for CS/SB 300: Weapons and Firearms, the Open Carry Bill in his Judiciary committee.

Email:   [email protected]

Subject:  Please schedule hearing for Open Carry bill

Dear Chairman Diaz de la Portilla:

As a citizen of the state of Florida, I am very concerned about the rights of my fellow citizens to protect themselves and their families I also wish for the legislature to recognize and support the meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.  

My fellow citizens are anxiously waiting for the Open Carry Bill, CS/SB 300, to be scheduled for a hearing and a vote in your committee.  This bill has been traveling successfully through the House and its assigned committees and deserves to continue to do so in the Senate as well.

Please schedule a hearing on this bill as soon as possible.

Signed,  

Link Posted: 2/2/2016 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Please email Senator Miguel Diaz de la Portilla and request that he schedule a vote for CS/SB 300: Weapons and Firearms, the Open Carry Bill in his Judiciary committee.

Email:   [email protected]

Subject:  Please schedule hearing for Open Carry bill

Dear Chairman Diaz de la Portilla:

As a citizen of the state of Florida, I am very concerned about the rights of my fellow citizens to protect themselves and their families I also wish for the legislature to recognize and support the meaning and intent of the 2nd Amendment.  

My fellow citizens are anxiously waiting for the Open Carry Bill, CS/SB 300, to be scheduled for a hearing and a vote in your committee.  This bill has been traveling successfully through the House and its assigned committees and deserves to continue to do so in the Senate as well.

Please schedule a hearing on this bill as soon as possible.

Signed,  

View Quote

Done.

I added SB68 Campus Carry also.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top