Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 6:27:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Are you calling the NFA branch and asking for status updates? The last time I tried that they refused to give me any information.
View Quote

I called on one of mine that was delayed well after the others submitted at the same time, had no problem getting them to provide the info.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:26:03 PM EDT
[#2]
I purchased an Omega through Silencershop on 6/8.  When I ordered it, they said they didn't have any dealers set up in MN yet. I started calling around to dealers to see who would do a transfer for me.  On 6/9 I got another email from they saying they had added Atomic to their silencershop direct dealers and we could use them for this purchase.  
8/7 - silencershop emails saying the form 3 is approved and it's being sent to Atomic.
8/17 - email from silencershop saying the check has been cashed by ATF.
11/5 - still waiting to hear anything

If I would have bought it directly from Atomic would I already be done waiting?  Sure would have been nice to use it for deer opener this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I purchased an Omega through Silencershop on 6/8.  When I ordered it, they said they didn't have any dealers set up in MN yet. I started calling around to dealers to see who would do a transfer for me.  On 6/9 I got another email from they saying they had added Atomic to their silencershop direct dealers and we could use them for this purchase.  
8/7 - silencershop emails saying the form 3 is approved and it's being sent to Atomic.

If I would have bought it directly from Atomic would I already be done waiting?  Sure would have been nice to use it for deer opener this weekend.
View Quote

I am pretty much in the same boat as you; form 3 in roughly the same time, and check cashed around then as well for the form 4...so, we'll see!
Link Posted: 11/5/2015 11:27:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I ordered directly from Atomic whom ordered them from silencershop, had my form 4's the same day and sent off the next day. Did this in mid June. I have all three of mine.

However, my Grendel won't cycle reliably with the can so I won't be using it this weekend. Have a new SLR adjustable gas block but didn't have time to get it installed and sighted in.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 12:52:13 AM EDT
[#5]
FDE Saker 762 bought from Atomic Tactical via Silencer Shop

Check cashed 7/6

Approved 11/2

Now just waiting on my stamp!
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 2:32:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's strange, I purchased my Osprey on 5/22 through SilencerShop. Called up Atomic same day, they sent their FFL paperwork to SilencerShop, and everything was good to go on SilencerShop's end. Received my Osprey on 10/10 (individual).
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
For those who went through Silencershop/Atomic - were your form 4s trusts or individual?  Maybe mine being a trust is why it's taking longer?  (I've read that trusts are taking longer than individual applications in some instances now since there are so many applications because of the 41p nonsense?)

Came down with a nasty cold and I work the next two weekends so I may not even be able to shoot me a bambi this year anyway.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For those who went through Silencershop/Atomic - were your form 4s trusts or individual?  Maybe mine being a trust is why it's taking longer?  (I've read that trusts are taking longer than individual applications in some instances now since there are so many applications because of the 41p nonsense?)
View Quote

Trusts are indeed trending up, while individual processing times are going down.
Link Posted: 11/6/2015 11:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Came down with a nasty cold and I work the next two weekends so I may not even be able to shoot me a bambi this year anyway.
View Quote

Trust, all checks cashed June 22. First two approved September 27th third approved October 16th. Bought at Atomic which ordered them from silencershop, form 4's completed on day of purchase.
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 6:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I'm at little farther out.  I have two that were cashed on 7/13.  I'm actually not expecting anything until mid to late November...  
View Quote

As a follow up....  I was wrong, and in a good way!

Mailed: 7/7
Checks cashed: 7/13
Approved Date:  11/2
Stamps at SOT and both cans in my gubby little paws...  11/7  

4 months and change (123 days) for (2) F4's on a trust.  Beat my prediction by 20 days!
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Approved Date:  Dunno...

4 months and change (123 days) for (2) F4's on a trust.  Beat my prediction by 20 days!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm at little farther out.  I have two that were cashed on 7/13.  I'm actually not expecting anything until mid to late November...  

Approved Date:  Dunno...

Approved date should be on the stamps

ETA: approved date should go on your schedule A
Link Posted: 11/7/2015 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Approved date should be on the stamps

View Quote

The date on the stamps is 11/2/15!!  5 days from approval to cans in hand??!!  Cool....  
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#14]
Edited
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 2:18:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, the date you take possession of the suppressor at your dealer should go on your schedule A.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 3:30:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

No, the date you take possession of the suppressor at your dealer should go on your schedule A.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My documentation from my gun trust attorney on how to fill out the schedule A says date approved.
Link Posted: 11/9/2015 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

My documentation from my gun trust attorney on how to fill out the schedule A says date approved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Technically the dealer can stop the sale at any point up to when you physically take possession even after you have the approved Form 4 so legally it probably isn't your trust's item until you walk out the door with it.  In practice (for me anyway) no one will ever see my amended Sched A until I die or dissolve the trust anyway since I send in or keep scanned for eforms the original Sched A without any updates and no one will ever quibble with the date on it in any case.
Link Posted: 11/10/2015 12:29:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Checks cashed 7/6.  Email from Atomic 11/7 at 12:52 PM (6 hours after deer hunting opened, go figure).

Going to go pick them up today.

Link Posted: 11/10/2015 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Mailed mine in 8-4
Check cashed 8-11
Went pending 8-10

Now we just wait for the stamp to arrive so that i can run down to atomic and get my can
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Do I have the option of having either the city police cheif or county sherriff sign if I live within city limits?  I know I see most people mention sherriff signoff, just wondering if a city police cheif is also considered CLEO?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 7:31:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes either one will do.
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 2:20:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Do I have the option of having either the city police cheif or county sherriff sign if I live within city limits?  I know I see most people mention sherriff signoff, just wondering if a city police cheif is also considered CLEO?
View Quote

Yep, either is fine
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 4:11:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

In what city do you live?
Link Posted: 11/11/2015 6:52:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Duluth
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Duluth Police Cheif will not sign off.  I guess I'll go to the county sheriff.
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 7:50:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Duluth Police Cheif will not sign off.  I guess I'll go to the county sheriff.
View Quote

Why not set up a trust? It's like Lays you can't have just one. You'll be a stamp collector in no time.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:59:54 AM EDT
[#27]
I can collect stamps without a trust.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 12:04:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not if your CLEOs refuse to sign.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was the city, I figured he wouldn't but sheriff has.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't forget the fingerprints.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#31]
I've got my fingerprints and photos.
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 11:37:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Sent in my form 4 (trust) on June 29.

Check cashed July 7.

Stamp approved November 5.

Stamp received November 13.

Finally picked up my Element 2 today!

I should've purchased my next one while I was picking this one up.  May as well get the next wait started.
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 4:56:35 PM EDT
[#33]
Why would someone not protect their investment with a trust?

Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#34]
SOCOM RC arrived at Atomic 9/18

Form 4 sent in, check cashed 10/4

Form 4 cancelled 10/26, ATF says Atomic doesn't possess my suppressor

WTF?
Link Posted: 11/15/2015 8:57:33 PM EDT
[#35]
F3 issue?  Who did you buy it from?

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 10:09:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
SOCOM RC arrived at Atomic 9/18

Form 4 sent in, check cashed 10/4

Form 4 cancelled 10/26, ATF says Atomic doesn't possess my suppressor

WTF?
View Quote

I've had this happen before with a dealer in WI. Turns out the SN on the form 3 was wrong and I had to start all over.
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#37]
I got that magic email from Atomic today.  

Purchased 5/30
Check cashed 7/9
Stamp collector today!
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 4:13:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I got that magic email from Atomic today.  

Purchased 5/30
Check cashed 7/9
Stamp collector today!
View Quote

Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:19:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Glad to see you guys are finally able to get these in your hands!  Anybody hunting with them yet?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 11:27:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Glad to see you guys are finally able to get these in your hands!  Anybody hunting with them yet?
View Quote

Wanted to run my saker on my grendel this year but had some cycling issues that should be remedied by an SLR adjustable gas block. However, I haven't had a chance to install it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:40:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

There have been a few rabbits that have met their end in my garden, if that counts
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#42]

there we go, fixed my image

I wanted to take mine deer hunting, but didn't get it in time.  Me or my dad (in my trust) will use it next year though.  Could go coyote hunting though.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#43]
My deer were taken with a Saker 7.62 on my Savage, .308, Model 10 PC, cut down to 16.5".  Works sweet.  No point of impact change at 100 yards that I can tell.  Haven't shot it past that without the suppressor yet.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

No hunting yet for me.  As soon as the deer hunters are out of the woods, I'll get a bit more serious and slap the Ultra on my 'yote popper.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 9:13:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Don't want to ask a ton of questions about 308 suppressors here, can someone with allot of experience with 308 suppressors pm me so I can ask a bunch of questions? Would appreciate it.
Link Posted: 11/17/2015 10:57:44 PM EDT
[#46]
Had I known suppressors were legal to hunt with I would of shot my MN deer with one this year.  It would of been fun to send my buddy a message from my truck saying to get the 4-wheeler, even though he would of been too far away to hear the sonic crack
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Don't want to ask a ton of questions about 308 suppressors here, can someone with allot of experience with 308 suppressors pm me so I can ask a bunch of questions? Would appreciate it.
View Quote

It's a general suppressor thread, ask away. There's plenty of us here who are all learning as well.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:05:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's a general suppressor thread, ask away. There's plenty of us here who are all learning as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 to this! I've been eyeing .308 cans for a while now. My biggest issue has been trying to find a can that I know I can put on my SCAR...and a FAL Just trying to find something that has mounts compatible with a FAL's threads is difficult enough...
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 6:24:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

+1 to this! I've been eyeing .308 cans for a while now. My biggest issue has been trying to find a can that I know I can put on my SCAR...and a FAL Just trying to find something that has mounts compatible with a FAL's threads is difficult enough...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really like my Saker 762, no idea on the mounts for your rifles. I've been buying the trifecta brakes and hiders at about $75 each. Makes my Brownells edge plan useful.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 2:49:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Got the phantom off, and the ASR flash hider on:
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top