Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 8
Link Posted: 3/26/2003 8:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is warm is there a choice between concealed and non-concealed for that portion? For my 45 I intend to use my duty belt as normal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2003 9:37:18 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're going to shoot with the duty rig, then you won't need to shoot from concealment.

Link Posted: 3/27/2003 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I am going to shoot my glock too. My dudy rig will be for the Tact and the regular holster will be for the Glock. That way I can get into the custom defense pistol catagory and the stock service pistol.
Link Posted: 3/27/2003 5:31:42 PM EDT
[#4]
When shooting your Glock, it has to be from concealment.

Look forward to seeing you out there!

Link Posted: 3/28/2003 6:40:55 AM EDT
[#5]
I went to Dominion to practice a little the other night.

I have one thing to say...this is going to be embarrassing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 11:50:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, last week I discovered that the rifling was almost completely gone from my 1911-A1 so I bought a "drop-in" Wilson barrel.  I use the quotes because it was far from a drop in situation.  After three hours of careful work with a dremmel tool, it was ready to go to the range.

Reliability is 100% over 200 rounds.  Accuracy is decent but not phenominal.

Practice.  If you live alone, I have a few hints on how to practice for this.  First, do a lot of dry fire exercises.  Next, since a couple of stages require shooting while moving, practice dry firing while advancing and retreating.  One stage also has you turning around while drawing.  Practice that one.  You'd be amazed how difficult this is to keep balanced.  Once you learn a good cadence, it gets easy.

Finally, you need to practice reloads.  With the slide locked open (this is the only time you can reload in IDPA which I learned the hard way), pull the new mag from your carrier, eject the old empty into your hand and insert the new mag.  Do this over and over again.  Make magazine retention part of muscle memory.

One last piece of advise for the first timers... go slow to go fast.  Don't panic and race from one target to the next.  Concentrate on the front sight and make sure you hit each one.  The deduction for missing the target will wipe out a fast run through the course.   Hitting at a moderate pace will result in a better score than missing on a fast pace.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 3:00:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Does this still go on even during bad weather? The weather reports are questionable at the moment for Sunday.
Link Posted: 3/28/2003 5:45:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Man, what do you think this is.....Cowboy Action Shooting???

Just kidding.

Yes, it is on rain or shine.  You have to draw from concealment anyway, so a light rain jacket is just fine.

I'm still going to try to get out there about 9am or so.  Anyone with any questions, yell at me and we'll try to get you answers.

Alot of the advice Cliffy gave was spot on.  One thing though, practice "Tactical Reloads" (I know, your momma so tactical....) which means reloading with retention.  Practice taking a mag out of your carrier, and switching magazines while the slide is forward, and stuffing the magazine that you just took out of the pistol in your pocket.

Remember, TAKE YOUR TIME I'm not interested in seeing someone try to come out there first time, get so nervous because they think they are taking too long, and mess up.  Time slows down when you are under the gun, it seems like you're taking forever, when in reality, you're not.

Be comfortable with your weapon, and with comfort comes speed.  Comfort and accuracy are more important.

The only time you can let a mag hit the ground and keep running is from slide lock.

Chim, it'll be fun, not embarrassing.  You'll meet a lot of great guys.
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#9]
It was cold, wet, and my hands didnt want to work with me. I had to use the pull the slide method instead of the slide release because I couldnt get my hands to work. I had to use my left hand to hit the mag release and I found out the true suckieness of ajustable rear sights that are under spring tention.

But in the end I really didnt miss any shots... I just got way too many threes.
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 5:13:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Well at least some people were brave enough to face the bad weather today.

I was a pussy and decided to wait untill the next one.
Link Posted: 3/30/2003 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I went there with every intention of shooting, but ended up working as an R.O. (range officer) for a while before the cold and wet got to be too much for me.

I was expecting 40 degrees F. and maybe some light rain, not a damn blizzard.

Anyway, some guys shot, a lot of guys figured out that discretion was the better part of valor and left.

Cliffy showed up and did well, then bugged out for better things..... ....can't blame the man for that.

Walnuts and his buddy showed up and hung out for a while.  This was to be their first IDPA match and they picked a doozie, plus the snow, and they rightly decided to make it next time.

Koga and Chimborazo both shot, but I left before I could see either one of them shoot.  I'm glad you did as well as you did Koga.  Hope you had a decent time Chim.

Next month is the Glock match, so I won't be shooting, but May we will be shooting IDPA again.

Link Posted: 3/30/2003 8:03:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Glocks only next month?

I think I need to find some more sights for that Tact. I got decent groupings for the weather but I confirmed two of the problems I have been having. First, I have a hard time catching the sights quickly with my eyes when they are solid black. Next, these things shoot about 6-8 inches low supported. I ajusted it to where I wanted it at black creek a couple of times but it keeps going back to the way it was. I think maybe the sights self ajust... they are squishy when I touch them. Finally, I need to think about using a different duty holster than the tripple ret. It takes two hands to remove the weapon and wastes valuable time.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#13]
Hey guys

My fingers finally thawed out and I can type now. him
Don't know about the rest of you but May is too far away for me to wait! There is a place just north of Fredericksburg called The Range

They have IDPA every other Wed. Let me know if anyone wants to head up there.

Also if anyone wants to get together and shoot the black rifles (thats why we are all here right!!) I'm up for that anytime.

walnuts
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Well, I'm finally thawed out too.  I was the last to shoot, and I did pretty shitty.  There is a match at Black Creek the second Saturday of April I think...I definitely want to go to that and try again.

Who is the match director at Cavalier?  I don't know his name, but he was talking about doing another classifier on an off weekend becuase the weather conditions were so bad.  He said it wasn't a clear indicator of people's ability.  I'd like to drop him an e-mail and if you guys want to do one too you should let him know.

Templar, do you know who we need to contact?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:07:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Whew...

OK, I'm not real pleased with my shooting.  Yes, I have the excuse of the weather and that helps slave my ego, but man was I disappointed.  

Walnuts, I'm ready to shoot much sooner than May.  Let me know the details and I'll be there.  Wednesday is good for me because it is the only weeknight I get off at a reasonable hour except for Thursday when I am off.  Do they have a Classifier coming up soon?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#16]
Sunday morning was tough! I am glad I was able to come out even though I didn't shoot. I am just glad the feeling in my fingers came back.

Chimborazo, I also heard the the director talking about getting some people together again because of the weather. I am interested in doing that also.

Templar, I forgot to get my glasses from you. I will have to come by the shop sometime.
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Just called The Range....

They will be holding IDPA matches every other Wed - April 9th and 23rd, May 7th and 21st.

Call the Sunday before after 11 am and set-up a time, either 6, 7 or 8 pm.

cliffy, they won't be holding a classifier for about another month or so.

Don't worry if you are not classified or don't have your membership card yet (Ahab and I just joined yesterday and did not shoot) they are pretty laid back up there and just want to have fun.

It's $15.00 to shoot and you can bring your own ammo or buy it there. Templar said this place has a pretty good course...and it's indoors so we won't have any excuses this time her
walnuts
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#18]
How far is The Range of of I95?  I might be able to make a couple of those.  Does The Range allow rifle too?
Link Posted: 3/31/2003 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#19]
I think we probably will have another Classifier.

The Match Director is T. White.  He likes being called "Your Eminence" or "Your Excellency"......

Just kidding....but you can try it, he might bump your scores up....

Seriously, here's his contact info:

March. T. White CAVP IDPA Match Director

[email protected] 804-553-1179

The Range up in Stafford runs a great IDPA match, it's quick, clean, challenging and fun.

They have three time slots, with limited # of slots for each.  You need to call the Sunday prior to the match to secure a slot.

Here's a thread on The Range's match:

www.arcamgroup.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11

Hope to see you guys!
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Any info on the results?
Link Posted: 4/1/2003 5:46:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Here are the results......

CAVRPC IDPA 33003.

STOCK SERVICE PISTOL DIVISION, SCORE

ANDY SWEENEY 107.73 EX 1ST
CHRIS OXLEY 125.14 SS 1ST
SCOTT LEAKE 136.09
CHARLES HOLLOWAY 140.08
LEE BRANCH 142.48
JOE SLUSHER 145.66
JEFF GODFREY 150.89
STAN BLAIR 157.26
JEFF BUCCHIN 162.80 MM 1ST
ADAM GOLDSMITH 186.72
JIM TRIBOU 198.13
JOE OERTEL 200.45
MATT GOWIN 215.75
OMAR HASSAN 222. 18

ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL DIVISION

KENNETH MOORE 143.13 MM 1ST
JIM WILSON 143.60
MEG ROGERS 163.63
BRIAN TURNER 191.50

CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PISTOL DIVISION

SCOTT WARREN 92.25 MA 1ST
TONY ROGERS 130.67 SS 1ST
STEVE CLIFFORD 163.36 MM 1ST
MIKE TRIPP 350.60

Aside from the cold, rain, wind and snow, it was a great day for a pistol match. I would like to thank Jim, Charles, Jeff, Dave, Doug, Sam, Alan, and especially Andy for running the stages. Without the great help, we would not have these matches in any weather. Next month is the GSSF match on 4/26 and 4/27. T.White CAVRPC IDPA MATCH DIRECTOR [email protected] CAVRPC.ORG 804-553-1179
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeh, I sucked... now I am perma novice.
Link Posted: 4/2/2003 6:38:07 PM EDT
[#23]
NO, you didn't "suck", it was freezing and snowing, your fingers didn't want to work, and you couldn't really see the target.

This last Classifier was not a "fair" test of ability.

Don't worry about it.  This was your second shoot, right?

No one is the Outlaw Jose Wales their second time out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2003 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Well, I feel better now.

Also, I got to mess with the sights on my Tac today and looked at the manual a little more. The sights were almost all the way down in the lowest position. This put the rounds way below point of aim. This didnt make much a difference at close range but at 25 meters the 3s killed my extra speed.

My next step will be to fix that duty holster or to go back to leather. I looked at a nice safariland but their $150 price tag was a little outside what I really wanted to spend on a holster.
Link Posted: 4/10/2003 7:19:08 AM EDT
[#25]
Any more word on whether or not there is going to be another classifier?
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 7:08:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Given that this weekend is the last Sunday of the month, there should be another shoot? If so, I am going to try to make this one, unless it snows again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2003 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#27]
Ummm....actually NO, this last Sunday is NOT an IDPA match.

It is the VA State Glock Match.  Sponsored by GSSF.  

If you have a Glock, you should have a blast and plenty of opportunities to win a Glock pistol.

Unless I can convince them that my CZ-75B is actually the new Glock 38, you know, the one with the new steel frame and extenal hammer, I don't think they'll let me shoot......
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 3:51:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Well since I was going to shoot my Glock in IDPA, I guess GSSF would work just as well. Do you know if everything gets underway at about the same time as the IDPA competitions? Plus how long does their events run compared to the IDPA?
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 5:02:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I do know it is up to a 2 day event, other than that, I have no experience with the Glock Match.

Contact T. White for info on the Glock Match:

T. White CAVP IDPA Match Director

[email protected] 804-553-1179
Link Posted: 4/23/2003 6:54:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Hopefully I'll be there on Saturday.
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 7:48:25 AM EDT
[#31]
The Glock match will be held Saturday and Sunday at Cavalier. All the stages can be shot in one day.

If you don't belong to the Glock Shooting Sport Foundation you can join on the spot and pay the match fee as well. Bad news is it will total over $50.00 to join and pay the match fee. On the plus side, they do give away a lot of Glocks. They break down each division into an A, B, and C class. Top A, B, and C shooters each get a Glock. Second prize in each class is $100 I believe and so on. There are prizes for the top five or ten in each class. This way you don't have to be a master shooter to win something.

Also Glock armorers are on hand and will be happy to go over any Glock and provide free upgraded parts.

I'll be there Sunday and hope to see some of you Monday night at Dominion.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#32]
This month's Cavalier shoot will be Memorial Day weekend, won't it?  That sucks...I won't be able to make that.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:37:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Yep, May 25th.

We're having a Combat Shotgun side match as well.

Wish you could make it Chim!
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 2:51:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Tested both the H&K and Benelli today to be ready for sunday. Both shot great and I just finished cleaning them up. As soon as I figure out why my USPTact always turns battleship grey after cleaning I will be getting somewhere. Know anything about the side match? Distances? Will it be clays again? Will the #7 bird I have work again this time? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:27:22 PM EDT
[#35]
The side match will probably be clay targets again.

You'll need 25 rounds of birdshot, no larger than #6, so #7 will be great, and at least 50 rounds of pistol ammo.

See you all there on Sunday!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Here are the results from the match on Sunday the 25th.

Had a great time even though it rained.  We shot from under a tent at steel so there was no pasting of targets and the RO's got to stay dry.

Koga made it out and had an adventure with his car alarm, but otherwise everyone had a great time.

I did better than I expected and came in 5th overall.

The shotgun side match was cancelled do to weather, but next month we will have a RIFLE side match, so try to get on out.

Anyway, here are the scores:

CAVRPC IDPA MATCH RESULTS  MAY 25,2003

STOCK SERVICE PISTOL
T. WHITE EX 72.36 1ST EX
ANDY SWEENEY EX 75.98
TIM RAYNES MA 84.16 1ST MA
JEF GODFREY SS 93.30 1ST SS
CHARLES HOLLOWAY SS 104.59
LONNIE SHELTON EX 104.93
HERMAN GIBSON EX 107.07
DAVE MARTIN SS 108.57
HALEY PEARSALL MM 120.99 1ST MM
ADAM GOLDSMITH MM 127.71
LEE BRANCH SS 131.09
GUY JACKSON EX 141.31
MIKE BLEVINS MM 145.89
RON CARTER MM 146.48
KEN ODOR MM 178.09
JOSEPH DEPAOLO MM 190.46
JIM TAYLOR MM 191.01
DAVID AHERRON MM 234.59
CHRIS PEARSALL MM 257.96

ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL
RON WHITE SS 75.26 1ST SS
SAM EDWARDS EX 80.96 1ST EX
TIM ORROCK SS 81.91
DAVE WHITE SS 94.67
BOB HUNDLEY EX 99.40
JIM WILSON 100.56
GEORGE CONLON SS 122.05
DAVE PERKINS SS 125.76
MATT GOWIN SS 132.53
J.P. MURPHY MM 137.05 1ST MM

CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PISTOL
TONY ROGERS SS 92.53 1ST SS
CHRIS OXLEY MA 95.07 1ST MA
STUART ASHTON MM 128.15 1ST MM
BUDDY PITTMAN MM 159.99
ANDREW DOAK MM 165.46
LOU ROJAS SS 168.85

UNKNOWN
GREG BURCHAM 139.76

I HOPE EVERYBODY HAD FUN EVEN
WITH THE BAD WEATHER. THANKS TO ALL WHO
HELPED.
HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY TO EVERYONE!
T. WHITE
CAVRPC
MATCH DIRECTOR
804-553-1179
[email protected]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:54:57 AM EDT
[#37]
Hehe, yeh it was fun.

I stopped in Ashland for food and had to cut the car off. Instead of messing with it again afterwards I called lojack while I was inside. The guy was like, "call us when we are open for service and set up an apointment." My response was like, "uh what about my car now... I cant really move it." So he then explained to me a process that is complicated to cutting it off. It involves something like setting the alarm off getting in the car and turning the key. Then pressing a little button 4 times. Then I must run around the car and then come back and press the button. Then I must run out do a cart wheel and come back and press the button and then pull out the keypad and hit up down left right b a start or something similar to those acrobatics.

Anyway, I hope to make it to the one next month and bring my preban AR and my G36. Also, how bad did one procedule probably hurt my score?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Koga, a procedural counts for 3 added seconds to your score.  I got one too.

You should be shooting in Custom Defensive though, that's where all .45ACP's shoot.

Look to see everyone out there next month.

There is a low-light match at Dominion Indoor range tonight too.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:42:30 AM EDT
[#39]
Damn I have to work tonight. I didnt put anything down for my catagory so I guess someone else did.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#40]
This Sunday, June 29th, IDPA at Cavalier will have a Tactical Rifle side match, designed by yours truely.  Please come on out and have a great time.

I'll probably have a few loner rifles if people want to see what it's like to shoot something other than an AR-15.

(M-1A, FAL's, AK's, Galil)
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 3:37:26 AM EDT
[#41]
So far it looks like I will be able to make this one. I was debating on whether I should bring an AR for the side match or my SAR2 just to try something different. I am just hoping for some half way decent weather now.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 4:57:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Hope to see you out there!

Bring both rifles, run it through twice and see how you do.

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:01:08 PM EDT
[#43]
OK, here are the scores for the June match.

We had a lot of people there, the weather was damn hot, but it was great to see all the shooters, especially newbies who are just getting into the sport.

VA Gunnut made it and it was great to see him.  Koga Shuko shot video of himself and hopefully will get an Mpeg up for us to see.  There were also some AR15.com lurkers who made it out too.

Both Koga and Gunnut had a great time, and shot well.  I think the rifle stage was pretty popular.  I hope so anyway since I designed the damn thing.

I really hope more of you guys can make it out to a match, even if it isn't at Cavalier on the last Sunday.  IDPA is about the most equipment neutral of the action sports....it really does depend on the shooter.  If you are just starting out, you are not graded against the "big boys", but against people of similar proficency and weapons.

In November we have our big Three Gun Match, where rifle distances are much greater than what we use at our regular side matches, which are pretty up close and personal affairs.

Still, an iron sighted 7.62 NATO Main Battle Rifle can still kick some ass...........

Anyway, here are the scores.  Names have not been changed to protect the guilty........

Any questions I can't answer here should be directed to T. White, the match director.

CAVRPC IDPA
MATCH RESULTS
JUNE 29, 2003

STOCK SERVICE PISTOL
TIME SCORE

DAVE HENDRICK (2)        48.47 61.47
PHIL OFRIAS              50.36 63.36 1ST MA
ANDY SWEENEY        48.27 63.77 1ST EX
DAVE HENDRICK        48.99 65.49
GUY JACKSON              48.07 66.57
T. WHITE               62.60 72.60
ANTHONY FERRANTO        59.93 77.93 1ST MM
RANDY MCFARLAND       55.98 77.98
JIM TAYLOR              55.10 79.60
CHARLES HOLLOWAY        59.40 80.40 1ST SS
DAVE MARTIN              53.49 80.49
TIM ORROCK              57.41 81.91
JOE SLUSHER              67.86 87.86
WILLIAM VANSICKLE        67.63 91.13
SEAN SWINEFORD       80.54 92.04
CHUCK WILLIAMSON        68.64 92.64
KEN ODOR               77.61 93.61
LONNIE SHELTON        57.70 94.20
RON CARTER              70.79 94.29
SEAN SWINEFORD (2)        79.03 96.03
HALEY PEARSALL        85.81 97.81
CHRIS PEARSALL        65.42 98.42
CARLOS SANTILLAN        67.63 99.63
GERRY SNELLINGS       69.37 101.87
MATT GOWIN              64.68 105.18
TOM MAJOR              72.77 108.77
STAN BLAIR              73.34 110.34
RON MAUER              80.52 115.52
DAVID AHERRON        90.54 117.54
ADAM GOLDSMITH        79.26 118.76
MIKE EDGAR              71.68 122.68
STEPHEN SHIFFLETTE (2)       83.84 122.84
JOSEPH DEPAOLA       106.99 123.49
JOE ATKINSON        76.72 127.72
DON STAHR              83.27 129.77
JIM ROWE               80.98 131.48
SAINDE WHITE              66.45 148.95
MIKE AMBERG              108.05 152.05
BEVERLY WILLIAMSON       160.25 185.25

ENHANCED SERVICE PISTOL
SAM EDWARDS             53.53 68.03 1ST EX
DAVE WHITE              55.99 73.99 1ST SS
TONY ROGERS (2)        65.03 74.03
JIM WILSON              64.54 81.04
RON WHITE              61.34 88.34
A.J. KOTHE              62.17 92.17 1ST MM
DANNY JAMES              74.21 99.21
JOE FORD               55.50 104.00
MEG ROGERS              74.94 114.94
STEPHEN SHIFFLETTE        149.97 213.47

CUSTOM DEFENSIVE PISTOL
DON DICICCO              71.83 88.33 1ST SS
TONY ROGERS        55.85 88.85
S.T. ASHTON              68.17 96.67 1ST MM
LOU ROJAS              76.11 97.61
GERRY SNELLINGS       71.67 104.67
NEVITT MORTON        50.06 112.06
DANNY JAMES (2)        81.12 113.12
ELWOOD HARRISON JR.       91.99 113.49
BUDDY PITTMAN        92.70 124.20

STOCK SERVICE REVOLVER
J.P. MURPHY              93.17 122.67

RIFLE SIDE MATCH
TIM ORROCK M1-A        24.02
TIM ORROCK FAL        26.68
SAM EDWARDS        28.39
ANTHONY FERRANTO        30.05
GUY JACKSON              31.54
MATT GOWIN AR15        32.09
ANTHONY FERRANTO AK74 33.49
WILLIAM VANSICKLE        33.54
DAVID MARTIN AK47        33.81
JOE SLUSHER              34.53
SEAN SWINEFORD AR15 34.76
WILLIAM VANSICKLE        35.69
A J KOTHE AR15              36.26
CHUCK WILLIAMSON AR15 38.05
MATT GOWIN AR15        38.66
MATT GOWIN AK47        41.61
SEAN SWINEFORD FAL 42.75
JOE ATKINSON        48.00
CARLOS SANTILLAN AR15       50.09
TOM MAJOR AR15        49.26
BUDDY PITTMAN        50.44
CHUCK WILLIAMSON M15       50.51
MIKE AMBERG              53.81
MATT GOWIN HKG36        54.87
JIM WILSON AR15        68.63
JP MURPHY TEC        69.53
MIKE AMBERG              73.73
It was a good day for shooting. Lots of new
shooters came out for the first time and tried the
IDPA thing and I think we have some new regulars!
I may be rescheduling the August 31, 2003
match due to scheduling conflict with the West Virginia
state match. More details to follow.
T. White
CAVRPC IDPA
Match Director
804-553-1179
[email protected]

Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:09:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I had a good time as well today. Got to see Templar again and meet Koga for the first time. I did better then I thought, I placed in the top ten in both pistol and rifle. Not to bad for my first time out to this kind of thing. I will just have to do better the next time out though.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 4:36:19 PM EDT
[#45]
I just noticed something in your post, mainly because I saw it in a letter I received from Cavalier. What does mm mean next to the names?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 5:26:03 PM EDT
[#46]
When you classify in IDPA, you are put into a catagory according to how you shot in the classifier.

IDPA "ranks" are, in order of highest to lowest:

MA= Master
EX= Expert
SS= Sharpshooter
MM= Marksman
NV= Novice

I'm ranked as a Sharpshooter in both Enhanced Service Pistol and Stock Service Pistol, and Marksman in Custom Defensive.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:05:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Thanks for the info. I am curious though, was this last match a qualifier? Since I haven't shot in an IDPA match before, how is it that I got a ranking?
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 7:14:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Gunnut, unless some one is truely a "Novice" then we pretty much automatically put you in the Marksman class until you qualify.

Email T. White at [email protected] and he can arrange a time and day to hold a classifier for you if you want.

You're definitely NOT a Marksman, you're at least a Sharpshooter if not better!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#49]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:36:21 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm designing the Shotgun Side Match for the July 27th match.

It will require at least 2 slugs and 4 to 6 rounds of handgun ammo too.  We're going to do a little transition drill from shotgun to handgun.

Come on out and have some fun.

I'll have my Remington M870 Police 20" out there if someone wants to shoot the side match but does not have a shotgun.  I'm more than willing to lend.
Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top