Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By thepantydropper:
You can make the argument all rights are illusory, but women’s rights definitely are.

Let’s think this through logically.

In order for a right to exist, it must be enforced.

To enforce a right, you must use force.

Force is entirely under the dominion of men.

For example, if all men woke up tomorrow and decided women no longer had rights, there is nothing women could do to stop it.

Alternatively, if women woke up tomorrow and decided men no longer had rights, they would be unable to enforce it because men could easily stop it.

That brings me to my last point, feminism.

Feminism can only exist as long as men allow it to exist.

Take your typical feminist. They claim they live in an oppressive patriarchal structure.

How do they combat it?

By using men in this patriarchal structure to fight against it to push their feministic ideals. It’s quite ironic.

Thus, most women in positions of power are merely wielding the levers of power to create additional illusory rights that don’t and couldn’t actually exist.
View Quote

all right are illusory.

only the concept of the right exists in the mind.  this concept exists as long as the mind thinks it whether the right is enforced or not .

force is not entirely under the dominion of men.

if all men wake up and decide women no longer have rights, any women could use logic and reasoning to "stop it".  stopping it would be defined as convincing a man to decide that women do have rights.

if all women on the planet woke up tomorrow and decided men no longer had rights, "stopping it" would not be easy for anyone.

feminism only exists as a concept.  it can exist even if men do not allow it to exist.

all rights are illusory.  they don't and can't exist in reality.  they exist only conceptually in our minds.  human rights.  mens' rights.  womens' rights.  feminists' rights.  all the same.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:22:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -daddy] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Individually yes but not collectively.  This is probably why we didn't win in Afghanistan or most of the past modern wars.  We were collectively stronger but we weakened ourselves by adhering to rules that are counterproductive in war.  Women will never be able to over power men.  I think it's asinine when action films showing a woman beating up a man.  It's ridiculous, yes there are some women who are stronger than some men but on a whole we would get our asses handed to us.  I believe most men think women are valuable and I wish more women would appreciate that and perpetuate more commonality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QueenDeNile:
Originally Posted By Fugger:
All this is pretty stupid.

It just boils down to stronger/more violent people will always (be able to) subjugate those weaker or less inclined.

Any counterarguments made against that could also apply to women.
Individually yes but not collectively.  This is probably why we didn't win in Afghanistan or most of the past modern wars.  We were collectively stronger but we weakened ourselves by adhering to rules that are counterproductive in war.  Women will never be able to over power men.  I think it's asinine when action films showing a woman beating up a man.  It's ridiculous, yes there are some women who are stronger than some men but on a whole we would get our asses handed to us.  I believe most men think women are valuable and I wish more women would appreciate that and perpetuate more commonality.

Correct. The top 10% of women, when it comes to strength are about as strong as the bottom 10% of men.

Women need men, and men need women. That whole yin/yang thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I will accept less rights if other people also accept less rights.

No rights for anyone
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:22:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Dude we're not doing the gay on purpose war culture, stop
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Men are even better at being women. Thats what GD told me

You may get co-opted and not have the right to refuse
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Politicians don't have rights
Citizens don't have rights
The military doesn't have rights
Cops have no rights

Literally no one has rights. Sounds pretty awesome tbh
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#6]
What a great thread, with some great points, and some seriously epic butt hurt.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:24:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Men are even better at being women. Thats what GD told me

Damn Greeks with your gay wars
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:25:01 PM EDT
[#8]

If we have a gender war I'm only joining if the men's side is basically entirely based on Rome.

I mean I'm 90% sure it would be anyways but that's a requirement for me. Also whatever pistol is issued we're naming it Gladius
View Quote

This is really a fighter vs. wizard DnD thread.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Throughout most of history, men didn't have rights either.

And the women in the Middle East to a degree do have some Riggs. They don't look like ours, but they also aren't wholesale locked in cages. Mostly.
View Quote
The men with power backed by physical violence did, which is the point.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
There's always someone bigger....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:28:20 PM EDT
[#11]

It’s a deductive argument.

The intent isn’t that it would prove Gods existence.

Merely meant to show someone could argue that’s it’s more probably than not if they defended those statements.

I came up with it on a whim, it’s not something I would seriously entertain or defend in a debate.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FlashMan-7k:
Originally Posted By switchtanks:
Came in to post something similar to this

https://mediaproxy.snopes.com/width/1200/https://media.snopes.com/2022/06/george-carlin-quote.png

This pernicious idea is false, and destructive, in the same way that the communist ignorance of the fact that humans aren't going to change is destructive.  

Simply: force - power - (especially human force) is not what makes something real or  not real.

If it did, the person with the most force would define reality.

That means if you could be coerced into saying males are females, that would mean reality itself would change for you, and males WOULD be females.

When people try and put forward this idea that force creates a thing or can remove a thing, they're directly propagating clown world, even if they intend to do the exact opposite.

Being able to implement a thing or not able to implement a thing does not touch on the existence or reality of that thing.

This is a basic fact about reality that must be grasped and applied.

So if someone forced you to drink your own urine, that wouldn’t be real?

Society’s insistence and putting trans/LGBTQ propaganda in all forms of media isn’t real?

I don’t believe a trans female is a female, it doesn’t make it any less real that it’s happening because the powers that be have decided to use “political and social” force to push their narrative.

You're making a category error.

Your being forced to do something does not make the "right" itself that would be said to represent real.

You have to stop and seperate these things, you can't just assume it and ignore the gears underneath.
-------------------------

Realize, you are confusing the right, with the act of using it.

They are not the same thing.

-----------------------

A hole in the ground is not the shovel that dug the hole.

You are saying the shovel is made real or not real by the act of the hole being dug.

No, the shovel can be real even if the hole is never dug. Even if you're not allowed to use it.

I see it inversely.

The hole cannot be dug without the shovel.

The shovel is force, the hole is the right.

Don't be obtuse and run off on a tangent to avoid the conclusion.

What youv'e just said doesn't even apply here, it's just a distraction.

Force is that which uses the shovel (the right in question).

The hole being dug is is simply the act of the shovel being implemented.

If you don't use the shovel to make the hole, the shovel (the right) still exists.

We don't make the rights.

Creation itself doesn't make the rights.

*God does.*

Because he actually defines what is and what is not. His nature defines reality.

Now we are going into a theological discussion which we would likely agree on.

Perhaps we could formulate it into a deductive argument as follows

1. If god does not exist, human rights do not exist.
2. Human rights do exist
3. Therefore God exists

I suspect the Atheist would attack claim 2 and it would be difficult to objectively prove that human rights exist.

That said, as a Christian I do believe those rights exist immaterial to the physical world.

However, that does not lessen the argument that “good” men must enforce those rights.

eh, you can't prove God does or does not exist.

You can show that rights are rationally consistent with God's existence, than you can take the other person's attempted justification for why rights exist based off of  what they say, and show the errors in what they're saying.

But you can't prove God exists or doesn't, because in order to prove something, you have to go to a higher authority than that thing to make the proof.

To prove something is an inch, you need a ruler which is more authoritiative.

God is the authority beyond which there is no higher authority.

See the problem?

It’s a deductive argument.

The intent isn’t that it would prove Gods existence.

Merely meant to show someone could argue that’s it’s more probably than not if they defended those statements.

I came up with it on a whim, it’s not something I would seriously entertain or defend in a debate.

I was pointing otu that it's not deductive because it's illogical and thus the argument can't work.

When you deduct something, you make the conclusion a necessary conclusion that you cannot in any way avoid, if you accept that the premises at the start were true.

It extorts the other into having to accept the conclusion, at the risk of a mental break otherwise.

If they dont' agree with the truth of your starting premises, though, it has no force.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By xd341:
View All Quotes

To the OP's salient point, prison is proof of that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept of inalienable rights, the philosophical underpinning of this country’s existence

I’m sorry she won’t fuck you bro but that doesn’t mean the Declaration of Independence is illegitimate
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#14]
It's not your butthole if you can't protect it
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Islam
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:
Perhaps you are not familiar with the concept of inalienable rights, the philosophical underpinning of this country’s existence

I’m sorry she won’t fuck you bro but that doesn’t mean the Declaration of Independence is illegitimate
View Quote

It does, sorry. Those are just words on a page that can be violated at any time with force, and have been.

Growing wheat on your own property violates interstate commerce. The government says so, so it is, words on a page mean nothing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:31:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WhiskersTheCat] [#17]
Also the declaration of independence (lmao I can't believe you used that example)

Literally then the British said "these are stupid words on a page, we're going to kill you"

And then we killed better so we won
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:32:28 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

Okay, now I'm wet. Keep talking.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:32:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Also the declaration of independence (lmao I can't believe you used that example)

Literally then the British said "these are stupid words on a page, we're going to kill you"

And then we killed better so we won
View Quote

Aristocracy and anarchy are two gay tips of a horseshoe dick
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:33:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Lug1:
View Quote
I hope this is satire.

This thread is another classic GD dumpster fire that makes gun owners look like Neanderthals.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#21]

It does, sorry. Those are just words on a page that can be violated at any time with force, and have been.

Growing wheat on your own property violates interstate commerce. The government says so, so it is, words on a page mean nothing.
View All Quotes

Good ol wickard v filburn, fuck SCOTUS.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#22]
The British didn't say "oh man wooooow bro great points you can govern yourself guys sorry we just didn't know man. We just needed some great words on a page, here's your self governance"
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:34:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Women could in theory just set up L shaped ambushes everywhere but then men would fight through them as doctrine states so I'm still not really sure they'd win.

Men would also probably have ISR
View Quote

Yeah but women have C4

The three early communication technologies were telegraph, telephone, and tellawoman
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:36:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

Yeah but women have C4

The three early communication technologies were telegraph, telephone, and tellawoman
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:
Women could in theory just set up L shaped ambushes everywhere but then men would fight through them as doctrine states so I'm still not really sure they'd win.

Men would also probably have ISR

Yeah but women have C4

The CIA set up a spy in Germany in WW2 and she established a brothel and only let diseased girls sleep with Germans.

That's just....I mean. I hate the intelligence community but that's brilliantly devious
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:37:15 PM EDT
[#25]
The British didn't say "oh man wooooow bro great points you can govern yourself guys sorry we just didn't know man. We just needed some great words on a page, here's your self governance"
View Quote

You are asserting that the philosophy and morality which underpins any action is fake and gay and meaningless, which is ridiculous. You spend  great deal of time reading classics of western philosophy which is apparently a colossal waste of time if their thoughts are completely inconsequential
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Philosophy without action is meaningless

Action without philosophy is also meaningless
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#27]

View All Quotes

If we have a gender war I'm only joining if the men's side is basically entirely based on Rome.

I mean I'm 90% sure it would be anyways but that's a requirement for me. Also whatever pistol is issued we're naming it Gladius

DND is demonic, made to lure man away from the one true God.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:38:27 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
George 3 "oh! I didn't know they were inalienable...My bad."

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

It assumes unverified facts and is not peer reviewed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#31]

You are asserting that the philosophy and morality which underpins any action is fake and gay and meaningless, which is ridiculous. You spend  great deal of time reading classics of western philosophy which is apparently a colossal waste of time if their thoughts are completely inconsequential
View All Quotes

The thoughts are VERY important.

But you have to also realize that you have to have enforcement mechanisms. And if you give those enforcement mechanisms power, they in turn can decide to be who decides the law as well as who enforces it.  (Looks to ATF)
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:40:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Master_Shake:
Oh look, another women-hating thread in GD.

Say all men decide to revoke the "rights" of women. What would happen if women decided they were no longer going to give birth? Suddenly people wouldn't have the right to even exist.

It's as equally retarded/plausible as OP's scenario.
View Quote

lol

Pointing out reality is apparently women hating.

Also, isn't it weird how societies where women have less rights (Africa, The Middle East) they all have a way higher birthrate? I'm sure those aren't connected at all.

oh and as for your scenario, wouldn't happen because they wouldn't get a choice. Men bring home all the food and keep them safe, they refuse to do their part for the tribe they just starve or get kicked out.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:40:56 PM EDT
[#33]

The CIA set up a spy in Germany in WW2 and she established a brothel and only let diseased girls sleep with Germans.

That's just....I mean. I hate the intelligence community but that's brilliantly devious
View Quote
I mean, giving Germans syphilitic insanity....classic OSS, not looking at the knock on effects....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#34]
I hope this is satire.

This thread is another classic GD dumpster fire that makes gun owners look like Neanderthals.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lug1:
I hope this is satire.

We should all have evolved bud some people haven't.

They are relics of a bygone era, thankfully forgotten.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:41:24 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

Geez why didn't we try that
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:43:28 PM EDT
[#36]
I mean, giving Germans syphilitic insanity....classic OSS, not looking at the knock on effects....
View All Quotes

It would have been so cool if we were able to stay out of it for a few more years. The Eastern front was a beautiful place where millions of National Socialists and Communists killed each other
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#37]

But you have to also realize that you have to have enforcement mechanisms. And if you give those enforcement mechanisms power, they in turn can decide to be who decides the law as well as who enforces it.  (Looks to ATF)
View All Quotes

Enforcement mechanisms which ultimately reduce down to the individual level, where one derives his or her right to defend themselves and their rights from their own inherent self-worth, not their physical ability.

If that right does not exist on the individual level it cannot apply on a broader societal level
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:46:41 PM EDT
[#38]

View Quote
I hear that makes it easier.....we'll tell your story!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:47:44 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Enforcement mechanisms which ultimately reduce down to the individual level, where one derives his or her right to defend themselves and their rights from their own inherent self-worth, not their physical ability.

If that right does not exist on the individual level it cannot apply on a broader societal level
View All Quotes

Rights do not exist, period. They simply do not exist.

Society making some up and enforcing them can be good, but the government doing so is usually a shitshow.

The 2nd only exists because there's just a bunch of retards like us with guns running around. Which is awesome, I love having a bunch of guns. But that doesn't make the second amendment real. It's been violated a bunch of times. It's not a right.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:53:46 PM EDT
[#41]
I mean I've gone to court to argue it's a right, but basically what that is is diplomacy to the existing power structure. That's what court is. You're asking, you're bargaining.

I mean no one has a right to destroy a small town in Colorado with a bulldozer but it turns out if you have an armored bulldozer you get to make the rules until you become stuck in a basement
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:54:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Women don't even possess the grip strength to manipulate most things required to live
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:58:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Proving my point more?

The courts are force, backed by men.

The woman cannot force her husband to sleep in the garage, she has to introduce the force of the state to enforce the situation you just described.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bat15:
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:
You'd be trading your weapon for a piece of ass on day two.

He who controls the power controls the ass.

Tell us the truth. Do you think we live in the state of nature? You are talking like a caveman. The might makes right idea died man moved from the state of nature to civilized society. A given person maybe the strongest man the tribe but he is not stronger than the majority of the tribe. Sure we have criminals who do what they want until society stops them. Don’t count on a Soros DA or some liberal governor saving you. Even sheep have teeth.

I think we live in a societal illusion.

It works in so long as men continue to play the game.

The minute that men refuse to enforce those laws, society breaks down.

Tell us what happens when the wife tells her husband to sleep in the garage? Keep in mind that the courts will back her. She goes to the cops, he gets to pay child support until the kids are 18 and see them every other week if he is lucky.

Proving my point more?

The courts are force, backed by men.

The woman cannot force her husband to sleep in the garage, she has to introduce the force of the state to enforce the situation you just described.

We no longer live in the state of nature, we live in a civilized society. Society will enforce the established rules. Maybe you think all the men will stand by and do nothing when someone, male or female, decides to break them. What do you think happens when the 98 pound weakling is pushed around by the Charles Atlas? Society steps in and Mr. Atlas pays the price.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:58:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By HecklerKac:
Women don't even possess the grip strength to manipulate most things required to live
View Quote

Here hon, open the pickle jar.

By the way hon, don’t you know women run the world? I made you open the pickle jar for me.

This thread so far.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 3:58:47 PM EDT
[#45]

Society making some up and enforcing them can be good, but the government doing so is usually a shitshow.

The 2nd only exists because there's just a bunch of retards like us with guns running around. Which is awesome, I love having a bunch of guns. But that doesn't make the second amendment real. It's been violated a bunch of times. It's not a right.
View All Quotes

A right isn’t “the ability to do something,” it’s the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

If violating a right causes that right to no longer exist, then it is absurd on its face to claim that a right has been violated.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#46]

A right isn’t “the ability to do something,” it’s the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

If violating a right causes that right to no longer exist, then it is absurd on its face to claim that a right has been violated.
View All Quotes

You're getting there.  "An idea you should be allowed..."

That's not a right. Criminals defend themselves from other criminals with illegal guns every day, all of which is illegal, none of it holds up to law, but it occurs and it is the law of the land.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:03:37 PM EDT
[#47]

View All Quotes

Your idea of Rights is totally flawed anyways because you're arguing from the positive.

Rights should be argued from the negative
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#48]

We no longer live in the state of nature, we live in a civilized society. Society will enforce the established rules. Maybe you think all the men will stand by and do nothing when someone, male or female, decides to break them. What do you think happens when the 98 pound weakling is pushed around by the Charles Atlas? Society steps in and Mr. Atlas pays the price.
View Quote
we live in a civilized society because we have delegated violence to government.  When government doesn't clock in when we need them to, society regresses pretty quickly.

What happens to the 98 weakling is entirely dependent on the character and physical capacity of the people around Mr. Atlas at the time.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:05:36 PM EDT
[#49]

A right isn't "the ability to do something," it's the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

View Quote

Don't mind him....he's just a Roman farmer. pfft!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:07:16 PM EDT
[#50]
we live in a civilized society because we have delegated violence to government.  When government doesn't clock in when we need them to, society regresses pretty quickly.

What happens to the 98 weakling is entirely dependent on the character and physical capacity of the people around Mr. Atlas at the time.
View All Quotes

Indeed. We will always live in a state of nature. Luckily we are the only animals to possess rational thinking, should we choose to use it.

The world and people within it are becoming less rational, thus negating a nice society
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top