Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By xd341:

Don't mind him....he's just a Roman farmer. pfft!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By perfectsilence:

A right isn't "the ability to do something," it's the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

If violating a right causes that right to no longer exist, then it is absurd on its face to claim that a right has been violated.

I'm growing potatoes this year because some dick squirrels ate all my Virginia peanuts I planted.

I'm not even that mad I'm sure they were like FUCKING JACKPOT
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:08:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:

Your idea of Rights is totally flawed anyways because you're arguing from the positive.

Rights should be argued from the negative
View All Quotes
The British didn't say "oh man wooooow bro great points you can govern yourself guys sorry we just didn't know man. We just needed some great words on a page, here's your self governance"

You are asserting that the philosophy and morality which underpins any action is fake and gay and meaningless, which is ridiculous. You spend  great deal of time reading classics of western philosophy which is apparently a colossal waste of time if their thoughts are completely inconsequential

The thoughts are VERY important.

But you have to also realize that you have to have enforcement mechanisms. And if you give those enforcement mechanisms power, they in turn can decide to be who decides the law as well as who enforces it.  (Looks to ATF)

Enforcement mechanisms which ultimately reduce down to the individual level, where one derives his or her right to defend themselves and their rights from their own inherent self-worth, not their physical ability.

If that right does not exist on the individual level it cannot apply on a broader societal level

Rights do not exist, period. They simply do not exist.

Society making some up and enforcing them can be good, but the government doing so is usually a shitshow.

The 2nd only exists because there's just a bunch of retards like us with guns running around. Which is awesome, I love having a bunch of guns. But that doesn't make the second amendment real. It's been violated a bunch of times. It's not a right.

A right isn’t “the ability to do something,” it’s the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

If violating a right causes that right to no longer exist, then it is absurd on its face to claim that a right has been violated.

Your idea of Rights is totally flawed anyways because you're arguing from the positive.

My idea of what? What should be argued from the negative?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:20 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm growing potatoes this year because some dick squirrels ate all my Virginia peanuts I planted.

View All Quotes

A right isn't "the ability to do something," it's the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

Pls send growing plans for peanuts. I want to grow peanuts
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]

A right isn’t “the ability to do something,” it’s the idea that you should be allowed to do something even if someone is preventing you from doing so (which is what violating a right is).

View Quote

Rights and genders are social constructs.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:10:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

Rights and genders are social constructs.
View Quote
it's all a hologram
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:11:16 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote

You should be mad. FUCK SQUIRRELS. YOU had a right to grow those peanuts and they couldn't prove ownership before eating them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:12:47 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote

Buy raw peanuts from the grocery store

Throw them at squirrels then let them lay 1" under soil.

Shoot squirrels

Shoot squirrel QRF

Shoot squirrel reinforcements

Enjoy peanuts.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:13:38 PM EDT
[#8]
it's all a hologram
View Quote

Reality exists in the organic chemistry experiment that exists in a sound and light proof container.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#9]

View All Quotes

You should have eaten the squirrels
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:14:36 PM EDT
[#10]

View All Quotes
The British didn't say "oh man wooooow bro great points you can govern yourself guys sorry we just didn't know man. We just needed some great words on a page, here's your self governance"

You are asserting that the philosophy and morality which underpins any action is fake and gay and meaningless, which is ridiculous. You spend  great deal of time reading classics of western philosophy which is apparently a colossal waste of time if their thoughts are completely inconsequential

But you have to also realize that you have to have enforcement mechanisms. And if you give those enforcement mechanisms power, they in turn can decide to be who decides the law as well as who enforces it.  (Looks to ATF)

Enforcement mechanisms which ultimately reduce down to the individual level, where one derives his or her right to defend themselves and their rights from their own inherent self-worth, not their physical ability.

If that right does not exist on the individual level it cannot apply on a broader societal level

Society making some up and enforcing them can be good, but the government doing so is usually a shitshow.

The 2nd only exists because there's just a bunch of retards like us with guns running around. Which is awesome, I love having a bunch of guns. But that doesn't make the second amendment real. It's been violated a bunch of times. It's not a right.

In Western thought, rights as described required nothing other then inaction.

So the first and second amendments do not require the government to do anything. In fact they encourage the government to do nothing. If the government didn't act, both would be safe.

Positive rights require action. "I have a right to Healthcare". This requires others to act, possibly against their will.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:14:55 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote
My FIL is has declared an intifada on red squires.  Seriously, he's all in, got like a gitmo in the back yard, there's enhanced interrogation, drone strikes....the whole GWOS thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
American Taliban thread.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Reality exists in the organic chemistry experiment that exists in a sound and light proof container.
View Quote

How was it observed?  Schrodingers chemistry?  Open the container, let the hologram in! boom!
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#14]

So the first and second amendments do not require the government to do anything. In fact they encourage the government to do nothing. If the government didn't act, both would be safe.

Positive rights require action. "I have a right to Healthcare". This requires others to act, possibly against their will.
View Quote
The first and 2nd are in fact barriers to government action.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:20:08 PM EDT
[#15]

View All Quotes

They're pretty cool. You just plant them (the seed peanuts have the red wrapper intact unlike roasted)

They grow above ground, flower, then reverse course and go back into the ground. They are cool
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Naamah:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Naamah:

I was not there for the crime, unfortunately.

Luckily I have no rights so I accept the squirrels used their stealth to steal my property
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:21:50 PM EDT
[#17]
My FIL is has declared an intifada on red squires.  Seriously, he's all in, got like a gitmo in the back yard, there's enhanced interrogation, drone strikes....the whole GWOS thing.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#18]
View All Quotes

Correct.

So OP is technically correct, the best type of correct in that women are owed no positive rights. Neither are men. Therefore the entire women's rights movement is based on nothing. Nothing in reality (force), nothing in Western tradition.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:24:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: perfectsilence] [#19]

View All Quotes

Right, and those negative rights as described do in fact exist at least insofar as one is justified in acting to protect them if another attempts to violate them. I agree that positive rights, at least as defined as rights which require action of others, exist only insofar as the others who are compelled to act agree to do so or are sufficiently forced to do so.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]

They're pretty cool. You just plant them (the seed peanuts have the red wrapper intact unlike roasted)

They grow above ground, flower, then reverse course and go back into the ground. They are cool
View All Quotes

Do they need to be grown on a slope for drainage or is that just Jimmy Carter propaganda
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#21]

Do they need to be grown on a slope for drainage or is that just Jimmy Carter propaganda
View Quote

Don't believe democrat lies
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Skyler2000:
American Taliban thread.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:30:57 PM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes

Jimmy Carter horseshit. I legit buy these $15/4 bags from Amazon and grow my potatoes and peanuts in those. Both do need well draining soil, but the holes in the bag work fine.

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Jimmy Carter horseshit. I legit buy these $15/4 bags from Amazon and grow my potatoes and peanuts in those. Both do need well draining soil, but the holes in the bag work fine.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20240427_163046_Gallery-3199506.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20240427_163046_Gallery-3199506.jpg

Ace, thanks amigo
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:43:39 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

I'm tired of seeing potatoes. About 5000 seeds in the ground, another 2500 to go.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Ace, thanks amigo
View All Quotes

Ace, thanks amigo

They've been holding up pretty good for two years, and they're easy to store. They also make harvest super easy
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:50:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By -daddy:

I'm tired of seeing potatoes. About 5000 seeds in the ground, another 2500 to go.
View All Quotes

This must be your profession. Couple quick questions, are you growing determinate or indeterminate?

Also I've heard there's significant potatoes left behind during harvest, accurate?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 4:51:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Geralt55] [#28]
Originally Posted By thepantydropper:
You can make the argument all rights are illusory, but women’s rights definitely are.
Let’s think this through logically.
In order for a right to exist, it must be enforced.

To enforce a right, you must use force.
Force is entirely under the dominion of men.
View Quote

If you follow this allll the way to the end of it's thinking, you end up with "might makes right", a brutal law of nature.
This would include: Someone is bigger and younger than you.

As in, if you were say, an average 50-anything year old, the jacked SARM-goblin college kid, could probably kick your ass and live in your house.
Boomers would have to fist fight the 20 year old male trainee for their CEO spot too apparently, and I know the GD average boomer can still 1RM 400lbs on the bench with no wraps, but for non-GD boomers, they're going to get their asses kicked. @JLPettimoreIII

(And that would include a small % of women, who would be able to win in fisticuffs with older boomers, for CEO spots)

It wouldn't just be "Men" generally. It would be SOME men. The most competent at dishing out force.
And/or, the most willing to.

Then you get into a debate about what kind of force is not allowed. Apparently to push half the population into irrelevance, somehow only fistfights count to make this work (weapons change everything).

For example, if all men woke up tomorrow and decided women no longer had rights, there is nothing women could do to stop it.
View Quote

Sex strike

We'd end up with half the number of men pretty quickly in the civil war to fix that.
Women wouldn't simply take it, they would use their negotiating power (non-physical) to push back.

"Well, we would simply tell em what to do"
Right and how would that go.
You could build/have a functioning society that way?
You could not.

Alternatively, if women woke up tomorrow and decided men no longer had rights, they would be unable to enforce it because men could easily stop it.
View Quote

Alright - but this is "fist fight only" universe.
On paper if alllll the women had all the firearms, and men had none, (weapons change everything), how would the men easily stop it?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#29]

They've been holding up pretty good for two years, and they're easy to store. They also make harvest super easy
View Quote

Suburban hipster bullshit wow they aren't real.

Plant in the ground. Prepare for the inevitable.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:01:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Geralt55:

If you follow this allll the way to the end of it's thinking, you end up with "might makes right", a brutal law of nature.

As in, if you were say, an average 50-anything year old, the jacked SARM-goblin college kid, could probably kick your ass and live in your house.
Boomers would have to fist fight the 20 year old male trainee for their CEO spot too apparently, and I know the GD average boomer can still 1RM 400lbs on the bench with no wraps, but for non-GD boomers, they're going to get their asses kicked. @JLPettimoreIII

(And that would include a small % of women, who would be able to win in fisticuffs with older boomers, for CEO spots)

It wouldn't just be "Men" generally. It would be SOME men. The most competent at dishing out force.

Then you get into a debate about what kind of force is not allowed. Apparently to push half the population into irrelevance, somehow only fistfights count to make this work (weapons change everything).

Sex strike

We'd end up with half the number of men pretty quickly in the civil war to fix that.
Women wouldn't simply take it, they would use their negotiating power (non-physical) to push back.

You could not.

On paper if alllll the women had all the firearms, and men had none, (weapons change everything), how would the men easily stop it?

View All Quotes
You can make the argument all rights are illusory, but women’s rights definitely are.
Let’s think this through logically.
In order for a right to exist, it must be enforced.

To enforce a right, you must use force.
Force is entirely under the dominion of men.

For example, if all men woke up tomorrow and decided women no longer had rights, there is nothing women could do to stop it.

Sex strike

You could not.

Alternatively, if women woke up tomorrow and decided men no longer had rights, they would be unable to enforce it because men could easily stop it.

If Bob was ur aunt who's your uncle?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:03:23 PM EDT
[#31]

View All Quotes

They definitely aren't real, someone could just grab them lmao
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#32]

This must be your profession. Couple quick questions, are you growing determinate or indeterminate?

Also I've heard there's significant potatoes left behind during harvest, accurate?
View All Quotes

Technically we planted both determinate and indeterminate but it doesn't matter too much as we stagger our harvest across all of the varieties. Yeah, there are a lot that get missed, there are plenty of volunteer plants the following season. We are a small operation with older equipment and just enough hands.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:05:23 PM EDT
[#33]

View All Quotes

He went all fancy. I just plant in empty coir and soil bags at my house.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:06:06 PM EDT
[#34]

Technically we planted both determinate and indeterminate but it doesn't matter too much as we stagger our harvest across all of the varieties. Yeah, there are a lot that get missed, there are plenty of volunteer plants the following season. We are a small operation with older equipment and just enough hands.
View All Quotes

Have you considered hiring Irish farmhands to take care of the left-behinds?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:08:15 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

That's awesome, how many pounds you think you get? Do you hold your own seed potatoes for next year?

Dude I think this is really cool. This is now a potato thread
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:10:48 PM EDT
[#36]

Buy raw peanuts from the grocery store

Throw them at squirrels then let them lay 1" under soil.

Shoot squirrels

Shoot squirrel QRF

Shoot squirrel reinforcements

Enjoy peanuts.
View Quote

food fertilized by dead enemies has a special flavor
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#37]
the only rights you have are the ones you're willing to kill and die to keep. live your days expecting to do both at any second.

better to live free than die a slave
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By hoodonit00:
I honestly can’t stand the opinions about women’s right that some of you have.
View Quote

Oh no....
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#39]

Sex strike

You could not.

View Quote
these exact scenarios have existed over the millennia.  We have the benefit of all that history.  Has it ever happened?  We live in a historic anomaly. Near parity of rights across gender, race, etc is not the norm, as Namaah pointed out even equality within those groups wasn't normal.

In most of that time women had no rights and didn't grab all the swords and make it equal by force, men taking up arms to change the status quo was rare even.  Modern firearms levels that field some I'll grant, but not dramatically.  

We may all agree that a might makes right brutal society is not a pleasant thought but there is no logic that demands that it couldn't happen again. In fact I'd point you to countries where law and order breaks down, force becomes the law. The most violent and capable men rule and often women suffer more than men.

Maintaining law and order is a good thing.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:20:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By HangfiresGhost:

Keep telling yourself that.
View All Quotes

He who controls the power controls the ass.

Women's primary motivation is security and they will eventually give up that ass for it.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:22:22 PM EDT
[#41]

Sex strike

You could not.

View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

Women's primary motivation is security and they will eventually give up that ass for it.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By HELOBRAVO:

He who controls the power controls the ass.

Hey genius. What kind of security does a man who uses physical violence to suppress a women's rights offer?
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:24:15 PM EDT
[#43]

That's awesome, how many pounds you think you get? Do you hold your own seed potatoes for next year?

View All Quotes

Hrmm... I honestly don't know. With some roughstimate math, I think each pallet had around 2500-2700 pounds of taters and we had 10 or so pallets after the final harvest. We purposely save some of our own for seed though the majority of our own seed stock is stuff we didn't sell during the winter, we purchase the vast majority of our seed.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Legal rights are merely that - legal constructs, whose applicability and enforcement may vary from what is literally written into the laws. Such is the nature of everything in the realm of the law.

Legal rights generally attempt to ground themselves on some form of philosophical rights. Such rights do exist - at least, unless you subscribe to the view that nothing metaphysical actually exists. Legal rights are generally an attempt to acknowledge and codify these true rights. The lack of a legal right existing at all, or the lack of proper recognition and enforcement, does not change the existence of true rights. Similarly, legal rights can be created that are not based on true rights, but are a complete legal fiction - virtually all "positive rights" fall into this category.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:30:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Do the women in Iran pick all the potatoes?

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:33:00 PM EDT
[#46]

Hrmm... I honestly don't know. With some roughstimate math, I think each pallet had around 2500-2700 pounds of taters and we had 10 or so pallets after the final harvest. We purposely save some of our own for seed though the majority of our own seed stock is stuff we didn't sell during the winter, we purchase the vast majority of our seed.
View All Quotes

What's the biggest potato you've ever seen?

I got this one at the grocery store just because lol

Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:37:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Even when the founding fathers said "all men are created equal", their belief in and allowance of slavery showed that they didn't practice what they preached.  So what many people call "rights" are only granted because the majority of the society have voted them to be allowed or maintained.  

If the majority of society voted to make rape legal, it wouldn't make it morally correct, but it could be voted in as a "right".  Hence the difficulty with mob rule, or with allowing the majority of a society to decide what they believe to be a "right".  In truth, "rights" are only temporary privileges that the majority of the mob of society decided to make currently legal.  

A couple of other examples of "rights" would be same sex marriages, or interracial marriages.  In 1920 either one of those things would have come against the majority of American society voting against them.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:37:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Men are stronger than women. Women are sneakier. People suck.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:38:11 PM EDT
[#49]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220917_105539-2529345.jpg
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/Screenshot_20220917_105539-2529345.jpg

Some of the bigger ones I could describe as "baby heads" from size and shape.
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:
Men are stronger than women. Women are sneakier. People suck.
View Quote

Men will choke a bitch.
Women will poison a fucker.
Page / 12
Top Top