Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 114
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:07:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fultoncoshooter] [#1]

Originally Posted By Edged:
[quote
8 boxes of 45 100 round boxes weights 18 pounds... i just weighed www 100 rd VP and it weighed 2 lbs and thats $250 worth  double that and thats over 30 lbs in one bag ....BS

Don't get hung up on how the ammo was bagged.  Would you like me to take pics of it?  It's all still sitting in its bags.

sure lets see it and your receipt
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:07:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm trying to picture in my head some guy with both hands out screaming at the top of his lungs:

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME!!!!"

It just isn't happening.

Nice story,but you should have left out the part where you are yelling with outstreched arms,it would have been more believable.

6.5/10
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Originally Posted By fultoncoshooter:

Originally Posted By juan223:

Hundreds of dollars of ammo was in 1 bag? Can ye smell it?

Have you purchased ammo lately?

several hundred dollars worth of ammo isnt fitting in one bag man..hate to see where you buy your ammo
Each valuepack of Remington .357mag is $45 now, I bet .44mag is much more.  And with a doubled-up big bag, you could fit 4+ boxes in there easily.  Of course, it'd break if you scraped it against anything, but it'd probably hold up for a while.

Kharn
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Gooman24:

Originally Posted By kybosshog420:

Originally Posted By Freeside:
Leave the gun at home before you kill somebody or some cops try to "dead" you.  Jesus, this isn't a game.

Yea just give up your Right to carry ,be like this guy.

Some people will actually fight for there RIGHTS

One of the things that saddens me the most is that open carry is regarded as a bad decision when it should not even be acknowledged at all.  If this country was the way our founding fathers intended it to be then a gun on a belt in a holster would be as common as a cell phone on a belt in a holder.  I would get down on my knees and thank God and carry my 1911 everywhere I go(the way JMB intended it).

<----Hope the new guy ain't shooting his mouth off to much

Unless every other person had a gun on their hip all day I disagree with your reply.

Others not knowing if you have a gun or not is the biggest advantage we had persons who carry handguns.

The element of surprise holds just has much firepower as the gun itself.
Why limit yourself and draw unneeded attention among others?

You carry a gun to protect your life, not make a statement in principal.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:10:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Total freaking over-reaction...

Dude asked you to take out your gun and place it on the counter.....

"I do not think I should"

As soon as he touched me, I would have stepped back and opened my cell phone and said, "9-1-1" as I dialed it.

You turned a bad situation into an even worse one.  If you are going to OC, then you need to keep calm and be ready for the ass-hat who doesnt understand its not a toy or a game.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck walmart
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:11:36 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:11:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By djkest:
Which Wal*Mart in CO?

Also pretty funny that an ex-cop would be working at walmart. Maybe he got fired for mental issues.

I would prefer not to name it at this time.

Dude we gotta know which one to stay out of. Do you want us to get ambushed by the militant Wal-mart greeter to?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
oh man....this thread is gonna be EPIC.....just like the "quit posting your daily lives" thread
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:15:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I better go make sure I have enough popcorn.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh Really?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:16:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I want to believe you.

When you come with a story like this, you need to back that shit up with proof. What store, walmart receipt, stoe location.

Do it and you won't catch so much heat.

Oh and do a diagram, I love the diagrams
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:16:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Wal-Mart guy - "Is there a reason you're carrying that firearm?"  With a strong, accusatory tone.

Me - ::Slight pause:: "Yes."

I was pretty shocked at first, because, to that point, I had NEVER been challenged in this particular Wal-Mart, or any other, and I had open carried multiple times.

Wal-Mart guy - "Well then, let's see it.  Put it (meaning the gun) on the counter."

Me - "No.  I will not remove my gun from its holster."

So far so good.

Wal-Mart guy - "Put it on the counter."

Then, he grabbed me on the left shoulder with his right hand.

Massive adrenaline dump.

I knocked his arm away at the elbow while I took a step back and bladed at a 45 degree angle.  My vision tunneled, all I could see was his torso.  I was screaming at the top of my lungs.

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME!  YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY FIREARM"

My hands were out in front of me, palms facing out.

Wal-Mart guy - "Ohhh."  Condescending tone.

He came at me again, reaching for my shoulder with his right hand and down and the gun on my right hip with his left.  I knocked his hands away and covered the butt of the revolver.  My two friends moved in to put some distance between us.    He took a half-step back, and was just out of arms length.  I was screaming throughout.

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY FIREARM!  YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY FIREARM!"

As far as I'm concerned you're doing fine.

Wal-Mart guy - "I'm going to call the cops!

Friend 1 - "Sir, it's perfectly legal to carry a firearm in the state of Colorado!"

Wal-Mart guy - "You can't have a gun in here.  It has to be unloaded and not in public.  I was an ex-cop.  I would know."

Wal-Mart - "Get out of here before I call the cops!"

Friend 2 - (to me) - "Hey man, just forget about the movies and lets get out of here."

At this point, my mind was screaming, "DISENGAGE!  DISENGAGE!  DISENGAGE!" in my head, and Friend 2's suggestion was the first plan of action that fit within that framework.  I went for it.  But first:

Me - "WHATS YOUR NAME?"

Wal-Mart guy - "XXXXXXX XXXXXXX"

I had the presence of mind to pick up my bag of ammunition and exited the store immediately.  We got into Friend 1's car and left.

The entire episode, from Wal-Mart guy's appearance to picking up my bag and heading for the door, took 10-15 seconds.

For the first several minutes after reaching safety, all I could think to myself was, "What an idiot.  What an idiot.  What an idiot."

With all that said, does anyone have suggestions on how to pursue this?

Edged,

Good story. You handled yourself fine. What's there to pursue
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:17:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By opti12206:
I better go make sure I have enough popcorn.

Hey, your the dick-head who started that other thread about "posting your daily lives"....

you should not be posting here, moron....this thread is about "daily life" now STFU
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:17:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#15]

Which Wal*Mart in CO?

Also pretty funny that an ex-cop would be working at walmart. Maybe he got fired for mental issues.

I would prefer not to name it at this time.

Why not?

Anyway, let's review:

You don't have a CCW, so you open-carry, which is not illegal in Colorado.  And Walmarts are not posted against firearms here.

a. You open-carried in a half-assed way, if you had on a coat and "tucked it behind the gun".  One bad swing of your garment and you are concealed and toast.  Stop that.

b. If you are going to push things by open-carrying, you'd do well to get some advice from others who do this.  I'm thinking you didn't think about this scenario ahead of time, based on your response.  Frankly, your report makes it seem you may have sounded a bit hysterical, which is NOT how you want to come across.

ETA:  What else could you have done?  Call the manager and let them know an employee TRIED TO GRAB YOUR GUN.  If this story isn't BS, that is massively jacked up and dangerous.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#16]
This has epic fail written all over it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:19:11 PM EDT
[#17]
FBI.  Thank you.  I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.  

To everyone else, pics are incoming
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:19:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I frequent the Wal*Mart in Loveland, Fort Collins, and the one in between.  I'm pretty confident in my OC holster. It's a serpa. I can draw very fast, but if you just grab the butt of my gun you'd have to rip my pants off to get my holster away from me.

I haven't OC'd in public, I'm just not really comfortable with it. This may change soon. I'm thinking about OC while I stroll w/ my wife though. My 1911 IS pretty after all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:19:44 PM EDT
[#19]
I imagine it going down like this...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:20:20 PM EDT
[#20]
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#21]

FBI.  Thank you.  I just want to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else.  

To everyone else, pics are incoming

make sure we can read the receipt  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:21:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By halo23pa:
I imagine it going down like this...
i177.photobucket.com/albums/w232/halo23pa/walmart.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:21:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Originally Posted By vanilla_gorilla:

Originally Posted By ffsparky26:
A gun grab is a lethal force threat, I would have jacked him up.

To cops it is. Some places hold different laws for normal people, though.

Don't know about CO, but in FL, the WM dude putting a hand on his shoulder would be "Battery - touch or stike" and a misdemeanor. It would also provide reason for the OP to stretch his ass out on the floor or give him an elbow to the face. That is, if this really happened.

It's gonna be some funny shit if the WM dude "appears" to give his side of the story.

No, it is a lethal force threat for everyone. Laws be dammned, people don't grab your gun to clean it. They grab it to take it and shoot you with it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#24]

Originally Posted By vim:

b. If you are going to push things by open-carrying, you'd do well to get some advice from others who do this.  I'm thinking you didn't think about this scenario ahead of time, based on your response.  Frankly, your report makes it seem you may have sounded a bit hysterical, which is NOT how you want to come across.

I have open carried before and have had negative encounters where people asked me to disarm.  Which is perfectly civil.  However, NOBODY has EVER tried to take my gun away from me by force.  You must have veins that flow ice water to remain calm during that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#25]

Originally Posted By MillerSHO:

Originally Posted By Gooman24:

Originally Posted By kybosshog420:

Originally Posted By Freeside:
Leave the gun at home before you kill somebody or some cops try to "dead" you.  Jesus, this isn't a game.

Yea just give up your Right to carry ,be like this guy.

Some people will actually fight for there RIGHTS

One of the things that saddens me the most is that open carry is regarded as a bad decision when it should not even be acknowledged at all.  If this country was the way our founding fathers intended it to be then a gun on a belt in a holster would be as common as a cell phone on a belt in a holder.  I would get down on my knees and thank God and carry my 1911 everywhere I go(the way JMB intended it).

<----Hope the new guy ain't shooting his mouth off to much

Unless every other person had a gun on their hip all day I disagree with your reply.

Others not knowing if you have a gun or not is the biggest advantage we had persons who carry handguns.

The element of surprise holds just has much firepower as the gun itself.
Why limit yourself and draw unneeded attention among others?

You carry a gun to protect your life, not make a statement in principal.

Actually I carry a gun for both reasons.  The statement I make to myself is "I am an American and as a good American I arm myself".  It would be nice if guns didn't draw attention.  But, sense they do I carry concealed at all times(even when I don't have to) for the same reasons you stated.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By Primos:
What's with the "
"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME! YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY FIREARM" " type of speaking?

Nobody actually talks like that.  

Sounds like a script from a SASS match
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By nukldragr:

Originally Posted By ZW17:

Don't be stupid Please don't carry a firearm any more. You will probably end badly and are a poster child for anti-gun people. I tend to think if this did happen the local LE would be involved. As I said before please don't get a CCW permit, in fact sell your weapons Firearms, Gerber multitools, hunting knives, sharp kitchen implements or at least put corks on the end of your forks. From now on only watch the discovery channel and WE. Never think about owning a fire arm again stay on board the short bus keep your helmet on tight and may God have mercy on your soul.

PS I believe everyone has the right to carry a handgun. Just this XXXXXXX should leave it to somebody else

Watch the personal attacks bud.

Ya know what your right, I shouldn't call him a deuchebag. My bad! However it is conduct like this that casts a badlight on all gun owners. If what he says is true which I doubt. Since he went into so much detail it reads like a Mack Bolan episode. Anyway I wont refer to this fellow as that anymore.   I make nicey

If the story is true, what exactly did the OP do wrong? Do you think he should have let the rentacop snatch his gun?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:26:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JH225] [#28]

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH ME!  YOU WILL NOT PUT YOUR HANDS ON MY FIREARM" PEE-PEE

"YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY FIREARM! PEE-PEE  YOU WILL NOT TOUCH MY FIREARM!" PEE-PEE

I just want to know if you were yelling or screaming like a little girl?

fixed
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By JH225:

I just want to know if you were yelling or screaming like a little girl?

Yelling.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:27:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:27:57 PM EDT
[#31]

Hey, someone needed to post some PAINT
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#32]

No, it is a lethal force threat for everyone. Laws be dammned, people don't grab your gun to clean it. They grab it to take it and shoot you with it.

I certainly don't disagree. I'm just covering the possibilities. Somebody attempting to take my gun is certainly a lethal threat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:29:12 PM EDT
[#33]

[quote
8 boxes of 45 100 round boxes weights 18 pounds... i just weighed www 100 rd VP and it weighed 2 lbs and thats $250 worth  double that and thats over 30 lbs in one bag ....BS

Don't get hung up on how the ammo was bagged.  Would you like me to take pics of it?  It's all still sitting in its bags.

sure lets see it and your receipt

Where are these pics you promises 20 mins ago??
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:29:50 PM EDT
[#34]
How come this shit never happens to me?

Is my  post count too high? Have I been here too long?

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:29:58 PM EDT
[#35]
I think I'm going to Wal*Mart on my way home for a box of ammo!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:30:07 PM EDT
[#36]
You guys are jerks. I was standing right next to him and I was taken completely by surprise. I was the one carrying the H&K (in a proper holster). Everything went down exactly like he said. You're right, it is freaking hard to believe, we're still in shock. Pics are coming..

and it was 227.13 dollars worth of ammo: .44mag and .223 from behind the counter.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:30:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Where are these pics you promises 20 mins ago??

Calling around to find someone with a card reader.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:30:44 PM EDT
[#38]

{snip}

Wal-Mart guy - "Well then, let's see it.  Put it (meaning the gun) on the counter."

Me - "No.  I will not remove my gun from its holster."

Wal-Mart guy - "Put it on the counter."

Then, he grabbed me on the left shoulder with his right hand.

Massive adrenaline dump.

I knocked his arm away at the elbow while I took a step back and bladed at a 45 degree angle.  My vision tunneled, all I could see was his torso.  I was screaming at the top of my lungs.

My hands were out in front of me, palms facing out.

Wal-Mart guy - "Ohhh."  Condescending tone.

He came at me again, reaching for my shoulder with his right hand and down and the gun on my right hip with his left.  I knocked his hands away and covered the butt of the revolver.  My two friends moved in to put some distance between us.    He took a half-step back, and was just out of arms length.  I was screaming throughout.

I could hear my heart thudding in my temples.  I was not aware of it, but I knew that we were gathering a crowd.

Wal-Mart guy - "I'm going to call the cops!

Friend 1 - "Sir, it's perfectly legal to carry a firearm in the state of Colorado!"

Wal-Mart guy - "You can't have a gun in here.  It has to be unloaded and not in public.  I was an ex-cop.  I would know."

Wal-Mart - "Get out of here before I call the cops!"

Friend 2 - (to me) - "Hey man, just forget about the movies and lets get out of here."

{snip}

Like someone said above, who actually talks like this?  Especially with a "massive adrenaline  dump."  Really, the only people that do are those who've been extensively trained.  Which you freely admit you're not.

In any case, I don't understand how folks who open carry get so weirded out when sheeple question open carrying.  This country is so conditioned to "gun = bad" that the mere sight of a gun strikes fear in many.  And it shouldn't surprise you that some idiot WM worker (especially if he actually were ex-LE) would think it's illegal.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:20 PM EDT
[#39]

img265.imageshack.us/img265/9054/encounteril3.jpg

Hey, someone needed to post some PAINT

BAWHAHAHAHAAHH.....that is fucking hilarious......
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Originally Posted By ZW17:
If you had to shoot the one thing the witnesses would remember is you yelling at the top of your lungs, that is text book.

Had to shoot? Shoot who, the WM guy? For what, putting his hand on you?

Holy shit dude, come back to reality.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:24 PM EDT
[#41]
That dude would be on the floor and friends dialing 911 if he touched my shoulder.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:52 PM EDT
[#42]

Don't know about CO, but in FL, the WM dude putting a hand on his shoulder would be "Battery - touch or stike" and a misdemeanor. It would also provide reason for the OP to stretch his ass out on the floor or give him an elbow to the face. That is, if this really happened.

It's gonna be some funny shit if the WM dude "appears" to give his side of the story.

If this isn't a figment of someone's imagination as they sit in their Moms basement, naked, jacking off to Soldier of Fortune. Which I know couldn't possibly be the case here. So I am attacking no one in particular and if there are any of you out there doing that, I mean no judgement on your character or social abilities
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:32:39 PM EDT
[#44]
Open carry is protected by the Colorado State Constitution. Too bad not everyone knows that. And yes, you will run into people here who will alter the law to suit themselves, just like the ATF thugs. I have open carried the same revolver as the OP before and got a lot of looks but thats about it. I do avoid OC in some places because of the aforementioned idiots who "know" it's illegal. Sadly, the fucktards from lib states have infected Colorado to the point that we have to be conservative in exercising our rights, and that sucks.

That said, Wally World is one place I would never open carry. I would not want anyone to confuse me with some of the scum who shop (lift) there.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:33:01 PM EDT
[#45]

Originally Posted By ETRANGER:
You guys are jerks. I was standing right next to him and I was taken completely by surprise. I was the one carrying the H&K (in a proper holster). Everything went down exactly like he said. You're right, it is freaking hard to believe, we're still in shock. Pics are coming..

and it was 227.13 dollars worth of ammo: .44mag and .223 from behind the counter.

your post count is too low to be a credible witness.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:33:02 PM EDT
[#46]

Originally Posted By ETRANGER:

I stopped off at a Super Wal-Mart yesterday to buy them out of .223 and .44, which I did, to the tune of several hundred dollars.

So you just proved he is a liar
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:33:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Originally Posted By nightstalker:
Usually touching someone like that is a no-no in retail unless you're arresting or holding for arrest.  clusterf#@k of hysteria.

Boomhower could explain this one pretty good....."dang 'ol Mega-lo-Mart"

I have had it happen before. Some people become god when they get a supervisor tag.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:34:04 PM EDT
[#49]

If this isn't a figment of someone's imagination as they sit in their Moms basement, naked, jacking off to Soldier of Fortune. Which I know couldn't possibly be the case here. So I am attacking no one in particular and if there are any of you out there doing that, I mean no judgement on your character or social abilities

I Kid
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone other than an LEO demanding my firearm and putting hands on me is 1) going to get a face full of fox labs and a kick to the nuts or 2) ventilated

Ventilation isn't warranted in this situation but a kick to the nuts is more than justified.
Page / 114
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top