User Panel

Page / 330
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 4:43:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sbhaven:
Another Netflix Original added.

Frontier
In 18th-century North America, ruthless trappers and entrepreneurs fight to wrest control of the fur trade from the mighty Hudson's Bay Company.
View Quote

About five episodes in and loving it. Enjoying the humor thats mixed in too.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Rezort was OK.

Watched Menace to Society last weekend.

The River Thief last night. Frustrating show, but we finished it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 6:23:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a "movie" but I laughed my ass off to Gabriel Eglasias: I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry

i haven't laughed that hard in years
Link Posted: 1/24/2017 8:43:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Frontier
In 18th-century North America, ruthless trappers and entrepreneurs fight to wrest control of the fur trade from the mighty Hudson's Bay Company.
View Quote

I watched it, thought it was fairly "meh" imo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 12:30:37 AM EDT
[#5]
"The beaver" with Mel Gibson is a great look at the eyes of mental illness, it is by no means a comedy like I thought it would be. Mel Gibson does a great Ray Winstone impersonation thruout the film...

Currently watching "devils knot" and when they pull the boys out of the water like that I cried. Do not watch it if you have kids, it will mess you up.

"The finder" was great, it's cancellation was a blow to good Tv everywhere.

"Frontier" was good but too short and it didn't seem like anything was really concluded at the ending.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead - The Story of The National Lampoon

Makes you realize that The National Lampoon is the enema today's society really needs.

Trigger Warning.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 9:47:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Frontier
View Quote

I gave it a try, but I thought it was pretty craptacular.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 10:01:59 PM EDT
[#8]
In Order of Disappearance is a cool movie. Stellan Skarsgard stars as a snowplow driver who, in order to get revenge for his son's murder sets off a war between a Serbian and a Norweigan mobster.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:03:20 PM EDT
[#9]
One added today...

A Series of Unfortunate Events Season 1
The extraordinary Baudelaire orphans face trials, tribulations and the evil Count Olaf in their fateful quest to unlock long-held family secrets.
Neil Patrick Harris, Patrick Warburton, Joan Cusack, Malina Weissman
8 episodes
View Quote

Watched two episodes and turned it off. Even a Casper Van Dien movie is better. Even a fat Seagal movie is better.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:11:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Deathrace 2050.
Link Posted: 1/26/2017 11:17:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By swingset:
In Order of Disappearance is a cool movie. Stellan Skarsgard stars as a snowplow driver who, in order to get revenge for his son's murder sets off a war between a Serbian and a Norweigan mobster.
View Quote

I love that dude. It's a good movie.

Everything Must Go: another overlooked Will Farrell "serious" movie
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DmacRTCo:
Deathrace 2050.
View Quote

Cheesy B movie that is good because you go in with low expectations.

"drive, drive, drive, kill, kill, drive, drive, drive, kill, drive, drive, drive, kill the white man!"

I only watched it because I thought it was part of the Death Race series of movies, that are actually decent. When I realized quickly in that it wasn't, I realized it was a comedy, and it was enjoyable. I laughed my ass off when it wasn't even on the comedy scale of Netflix recommendations, but the action, or sci/fi bend.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 4:33:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Spartanatheart:
"The beaver" with Mel Gibson is a great look at the eyes of mental illness, it is by no means a comedy like I thought it would be. Mel Gibson does a great Ray Winstone impersonation thruout the film...

Currently watching "devils knot" and when they pull the boys out of the water like that I cried. Do not watch it if you have kids, it will mess you up.

"Frontier" was good but too short and it didn't seem like anything was really concluded at the ending.
View Quote

Watching Devils Knot, Now. Based on a true story,
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By JimsZR2:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JimsZR2:

I quit after the fancy uptown liberal turned up to defend the killlers for free, just because they ended up being under 18...
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 1:04:41 PM EDT
[#15]
"Hush" was too stupid to finish.

"odd couple 2" with Walter Matthau is amazing, one of the rare times the sequel is better than the original. Good comedy and mostly clean.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 2:51:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: LibertyShip] [#16]
I enjoyed "The Impossible."  No guns or anything, though.  About the Tsunami.  True story.  Well told.  And it was different.  So much of Netflix seems to be the same story, same characters; just change the era, location, and the names and costumes.
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#17]
"St. Vincent" with Melissa McCarthy was great.

"3'd rock from the sun" is pretty much my personality in John Lithgows character.

"The escapist" with Brian Cox is a prison breakout movie with great twist ending.

"Cold light of day" is just painful to watch, it was enough to contemplate me asking Bruce Willis to retire already.

"Dressed to kill" was a great black and white thriller while also being politically incorrect with its black characters. That is double win right there folks...
Link Posted: 1/27/2017 3:22:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9divdoc] [#18]
Frontier
Only 6 episodes it's ok getting better but ended too quickly (people sure bounce back from torture and injury with no surgery or antibiotics) but they are renewed for 2 more season iirc so now ya gotta wait.
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:35:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JimsZR2] [#19]

I quit after the fancy uptown liberal turned up to defend the killlers for free, just because they ended up being under 18...
View Quote

I'd insert a spoiler tag, But it never works for me.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/28/2017 4:43:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/29/2017 12:57:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By DudeRN:

I have been meaning to give Shameless a try, a number of my coworkers have recommended it.  I will have to give it a go!
View Quote
Shameless is awesome we binge
watched it for weeks
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 5:19:51 AM EDT
[#22]
So I'm sitting here watching Shameless. Gotten to S4 E8, Well spoiler below.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:15:41 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Yep, that very last scene.... holy shit...  I couldn't tell if it was a serious movie or comedy the entire time until that scene.

The devils violinist, has been on Netflix for a long time but I just rewatched it for a second time. Got bad reviews because the lead has the acting ability of Jacob from twilight. However he more than makes up for it by being a world renowned violinist in real life. I very much like that movie.
Link Posted: 1/30/2017 10:24:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Diesel_Maximus_2992:
Not a "movie" but I laughed my ass off to Gabriel Eglasias: I'm sorry for what I said when I was hungry

i haven't laughed that hard in years
View Quote

He is hysterically funny. He has other specials on Netflix.
I saw him in concert and I hurt from laughing.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:13:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Targeted.

The history of the gun control agenda
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:26:54 PM EDT
[#26]
I can recommend the first 2 1/2 seasons of The Blacklist.

About halfway through season 3 the show really takes a nosedive though.  I couldn't even finish it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#27]
"St. Vincent" with Melissa McCarthy was great.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:31:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Siege of Jadotville

A gripping true story of incredible bravery against impossible odds, The Siege of Jadotville thrillingly depicts the 1961 siege of a 150-strong Irish UN battalion under Commander Patrick Quinlan (Jamie Dornan) by 3,000 Congolese troops led by French and Belgian mercenaries working for mining companies.

Lots of love for FAL's and Mk4 No1 (T)'s
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 9:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Eleven-Hotel:
Siege of Jadotville

A gripping true story of incredible bravery against impossible odds, The Siege of Jadotville thrillingly depicts the 1961 siege of a 150-strong Irish UN battalion under Commander Patrick Quinlan (Jamie Dornan) by 3,000 Congolese troops led by French and Belgian mercenaries working for mining companies.

Lots of love for FAL's and Mk4 No1 (T)'s
View Quote

Good thread on it.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:03:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#30]
I just noticed It Follows is up.  Pretty good if you're up for a supernatural/psychological horror movie with a 97% Rotten Tomatoes score.

The premise is basically an entity/curse that is passed on like an STD and if someone "catches it" the only way to avoid it coming after them is to pass it on to someone else.

Link Posted: 1/31/2017 11:38:17 PM EDT
[#31]
"The ref" with Kevin Spacey is hilarious, and "what about bob?" with Bill Murray started slow but got really good.

Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:

http://i.imgur.com/0UM96kY.gif
View All Quotes
"St. Vincent" with [color=#ff0000][size=4]Melissa McCarthy[/color]</font> was great.

What?

She's had some good roles, "the heat" as well as "spy"....
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 12:04:09 AM EDT
[#32]

What?

View All Quotes
"St. Vincent" with [color=#ff0000][size=4]Melissa McCarthy[/color]</font> was great.

What?

Link Posted: 2/2/2017 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#33]
American Crime Story: The People v. O.J. Simpson is now up.

Highly recommend if you're into TV dramas with excellent acting, writing, and directing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

I really liked that movie. Another great foreign movie that just arrived is "Serial Killer One" It is a French movie about the Beast of Bastille. Great serial killer movie. Try it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:18:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:43:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I know this is a thread for movies to watch, but how about movies to avoid? Yoga Hosers and Sharknado 4 were painful-and near the end of Sharknado 4 a newscaster refers to Chicago as a state-I had to back it up to see if I actually heard what I thought I did.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 10:54:16 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By shack357:
I know this is a thread for movies to watch, but how about movies to avoid? Yoga Hosers and Sharknado 4 were painful-and near the end of Sharknado 4 a newscaster refers to Chicago as a state-I had to back it up to see if I actually heard what I thought I did.
View Quote

If they are movies that a typical ARFCOM member would likely think looked good: yes.

If they are steaming pieces of shit with horrendous reviews that the vast majority here would already know to avoid: no.

I mean posting that those two movies were bad and people should avoid them is pretty much on par with intentionally dropping a bowling ball on your balls and then warning people to avoid doing the same.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:16:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: andrewz71] [#38]
Watching "Targeted" right now on netflix. So far its a good pro gun political doc.  Might update after its over, for maybe a fire mission to keep it at 4-5 stars...

Update: Gave it 5 stars, very good 2A documentary...
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:36:01 PM EDT
[#39]
"Woman in gold" was a good movie about a woman who fled Nazi controlled Austria and wanted to go to court to get her property back decades later.

"Brubaker" with Robert Redford is back and still an awesome film.

"The boys from Brazil" is a strange movie. I can't get used to Gregory Peck as Joseph Mengele... You have to turn your brain off for it.

"Luther" is a pretty good show and poof positive that Idris Elba shouldn't be 007, he has too much to offer.
Link Posted: 2/2/2017 11:46:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By shack357:
View Quote

Hey, Yoga Hosers is this years  Canadian bacon. 9 out of 10 snow Mexicans agree. Now quit Saskatooning around and get back to the proper purpose of this thread eh
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 12:51:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: New_Username] [#41]
Originally Posted By andrewz71:
Watching "Targeted" right now on netflix. So far its a good pro gun political doc.  Might update after its over, for maybe a fire mission to keep it at 4-5 stars...
View Quote

AS left as most of Netflix offering's are, I'm amazed at how awesome this documentary is at being so pro 2A!
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Bill burr has a new stand up special out on Netflix now. Pretty good.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 12:32:53 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:06:15 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By dog-meat:
View Quote

He must have pissed someone off at Netflix.

You won't see it unless you search.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:12:46 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By fike:

View Quote

Showed up plastered across the front page right when I logged in.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:15:29 AM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fike:

His show "F is for Family" is awesome.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:21:43 AM EDT
[#47]

His show "F is for Family" is awesome.
View Quote

10 more episodes coming out later this year.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 1:45:35 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

The day it debuted, it wasn't anywhere on my feed (had to search).

It is now showing on the recently added ribbon.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 7:32:29 AM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

I thought it was pretty lame, to be honest.  I like the guy but it was the weakest work I've seen from him.
Link Posted: 2/4/2017 9:31:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Chairborne:

I thought it was pretty lame, to be honest.  I like the guy but it was the weakest work I've seen from him.
View Quote

I think you are correct. I laughed twice. I think its because now that he has a contract with Netflix, he is forced to pump out a new hour special every year. Not enough time to tour and get your act honed in for a great special. His older ones are gut busting. For now I will just stick to his podcast. That's always funny.

Watch Bill burrs let it go on Netflix for a proper laugh.

I just watched Targeted and I liked it.
Page / 330
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top