Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 95
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

Sporting events are always used for political fund raising and shaking hands for votes.

F1 is woke and doesn't like Trump. I watch and enjoy it in spite of the politics.

Indy seems to be the most apolitical of the race series but is ghetto compared to most.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tifosi:
I can understand not wanted it to be used as a political fundraiser. I completely agree with that.
Hopefully he still goes though. Would be nice to see Trump walking the grid instead of some POS rapper, although
that would be a Secret Service nightmare.

Sporting events are always used for political fund raising and shaking hands for votes.

F1 is woke and doesn't like Trump. I watch and enjoy it in spite of the politics.

Indy seems to be the most apolitical of the race series but is ghetto compared to most.
The tweet says "Miami Grand Prix" which would be the race promoter, not F1 (meaning FOM, the FIA ,or FOCA) presumably? Yes, F1 is woke, but I don't think this is on them.

m
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Footage I had not seen of Michele Alboreto's testing accident in 1991. His front wing failed.

The dynamics of this accident look very similar to Senna's to me, and it's a sad irony to see Michele hopping away with little more than an injured leg.

Michele Alboreto Imola Crash VERY RARE (Imola 1991 Tamburello)

Tamburello was also infamous for Berger's Ferrari in 1989 (watched that one during the broadcast. I thought he was dead) but also Piquet in 1987. I learnt recently that this caused some neurological damage to Piquet that he hid, and never fully recovered from. That corner was clearly bad news.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#3]
It’s race week finally!!!

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:27:38 PM EDT
[#4]
As requested, baby blue wheels.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:35:41 PM EDT
[#5]

100% agree but it happens in the suites of every professional sport.

The series itself needs to ignore it and not inject anything into it.
View Quote

Ignore it? The sport is SPONSORING Hami's left wing political activism by giving him special vanity segments during F1 broadcasts, even during years when he's been in 7th/8th place very often. What other near midpack driver gets "special" pre-recorded interviews???
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 1:41:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rheinmetall792:

Ignore it? The sport is SPONSORING Hami's left wing political activism by giving him special vanity segments during F1 broadcasts, even during years when he's been in 7th/8th place very often. What other near midpack driver gets "special" pre-recorded interviews???
View All Quotes

100% agree but it happens in the suites of every professional sport.

The series itself needs to ignore it and not inject anything into it.

What special pre-recorded interviews are you talking about?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 2:40:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By fike:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMVwK-YXIAAvXID.jpg

View Quote
In for the full livery reveal!

PS. Please don't suck, please don't suck ...
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:48:14 PM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes

Pretty sure the below tweet is an early marketing leak. Just add the HP logo on the air box and baby blue wheels.

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

He's a 7 time WDC, and one of the highest profile drivers in the sport. Of course he's going to get loads of exposure.

I know the woke thing is annoying but they'd be talking the guy anyway.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 4:19:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Pretty sure the below tweet is an early marketing leak. Just add the HP logo on the air box and baby blue wheels.

View All Quotes

If we're going full NART throwback, will we see Vasseur in suspenders and a fedora like Toto from a few years back?

And will the mechanics be wearing these?

Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Fingers crossed!
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:20:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tobysi] [#12]
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

He's a 7 time WDC, and one of the highest profile drivers in the sport. Of course he's going to get loads of exposure.

I know the woke thing is annoying but they'd be talking the guy anyway.
View Quote

And he hasn't done jack shit since 21 fully exposing him for the fraud he is.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm digging it.
So far they are capturing all the retro elements, while still being modern sponsor friendly. It's cool that all the other logos are black, except
the Ferrari badge and Shell, so it stands out as one of those vintage mechanics shirts I posted.

As much as I bleed rosso corsa, it's still very refreshing to see Ferrari in something besides red.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By poison123:

And he hasn't done jack shit since 21 fully exposing him for the fraud he is.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#17]

View Quote

Yet you watch F1?  I am at least honest about the woke BS and ignoring it?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 6:38:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm digging it.
So far they are capturing all the retro elements, while still being modern sponsor friendly. It's cool that all the other logos are black, except
the Ferrari badge and Shell, so it stands out as one of those vintage mechanics shirts I posted.

As much as I bleed rosso corsa, it's still very refreshing to see Ferrari in something besides red.
View Quote

Yeah, I like it too. I hope the car is that color.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:49:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Just release the car already. DGAF about your stupid clothes.

Yes, I know they're trying to sell shit but I could give a fuck-all about that too.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:47:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCV_117] [#20]

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:56:00 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm digging it.

View Quote

Agreed.

I’ve always turned my nose up at anything other than a red road going Ferrari.  I saw a blue 296 yesterday and I must admit, I turnt my head to take another look.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 8:09:46 AM EDT
[#22]
After Schumacher's first season in 1996 Ferrari started moving away from Rossa Corsa, I think for TV reasons. It was very controversial for a time; the '97 and '98 cars were a sort of very orange shade of red. I dug it, thought it was a bit different. I'm a traditionalist but if something is done well, why not?
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:27:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartan16] [#24]
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lando-norris-suffers-nasty-facial-151311612.html

Spoiler alert, he'll still be driving this weekend

ETA - That ulr title is a bit extra unflattering.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:31:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Spartan16:
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lando-norris-suffers-nasty-facial-151311612.html

Spoiler alert, he'll still be driving this weekend

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GML6sMZWYAAiqI0?format=jpg&name=large

EAT - That ulr title is a bit extra unflattering.
View Quote

I hope he has a Tony Montoya quote ready to answer the inevitable questions about how he got that scar.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:59:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:

I hope he has a Tony Montoya quote ready to answer the inevitable questions about how he got that scar.
View Quote

Wow. Did someone glass him? I'd have thought that would come out pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 10:10:34 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:08:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Spartan16:
Just release the car already. DGAF about your stupid clothes.

Yes, I know they're trying to sell shit but I could give a fuck-all about that too.
View Quote

My Italian wife says it makes them look like service station attendants. She's really proud of the "engagement" to her comment on IG has gotten. I get daily updates.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:38:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Well…..so much for the NART look.

It appears they are going for full derp.

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Jesus I hope they are a double DNF just for that color.

View Quote

Your hate is showing
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:18:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Satin wrap?

Yuck Ferrari
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:32:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Satin wrap?

Yuck Ferrari
View Quote

They’ve had the matte finish for several years.  I don’t think it’s a wrap, it’s just how the paint is. Supposedly saves a bit of weight.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By Shung:

Your hate is showing
View Quote

Bro that color is horrible.  If RB showed up with a baby blue shit color car I'd say the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Well ..so much for the NART look.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMbrCf-XQAAgn-u.jpg
View Quote
It's going to look like a clown car, isn't it?

"There are two things that are infinite: The ability for Ferrari to fuck up a good thing and the universe.
And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:28:23 PM EDT
[#35]

"There are two things that are infinite: The ability for Ferrari to fuck up a good thing and the universe.
View All Quotes
Well ..so much for the NART look.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMbrCf-XQAAgn-u.jpg

Another leak
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:30:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Plumber576:

Another leak
https://i.imgur.com/iCGjQYb.jpeg
View Quote

Benetton is coming back?!
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:49:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Javak:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 4:58:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Javak:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:37:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#39]

Vasseur met Newey in London ? (sorry the pic is from Gazzetta.it and they have the title on overlay)

View Quote
Ieri Fred Vasseur, il team principal della rossa, non ha viaggiato con la squadra verso Miami, dove si gareggia domenica. È invece volato a Londra. Motivo? Incontrare in serata lo stesso Newey, forse per concludere l’accordo di cui si sussurra da tempo, che porterà il genio inglese a Maranello dalla prossima stagione. Probabile che l’annuncio della firma venga dato dopo il GP. Il progettista potrà lavorare subito sulla vettura 2026, senza vincoli legati al gardening, risultando fondamentale con le proprie idee per interpretare al meglio il nuovo regolamento tecnico che entrerà in vigore. Un aspetto in cui è sempre stato maestro.

Yesterday Fred Vasseur, the red team principal, did not travel with the team to Miami, where it competes on Sunday. Instead, he flew to London. Reason? To meet with Newey himself in the evening, perhaps to finalize the long whispered deal that will bring the British genius to Maranello from next season. Probable announcement of the signing will be made after the GP. The designer will be able to work immediately on the 2026 car, without gardening-related constraints, being fundamental with his own ideas to best interpret the new technical regulations that will come into force. An aspect in which he has always been a master.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#40]
https://dimages2.gazzettaobjects.it/files/image_712_401/uploads/2024/04/30/66315450135cb.jpeg

Vasseur met Newey in London ? (sorry the pic is from Gazzetta.it and they have the title on overlay)
View Quote

Everything I see says he doesn't think he can fix Mercedes and he doesn't want to work for Stroll Sr. and inflate the price so he can sell for a profit. That leaves McLaren and Ferrari.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By drewptwo:

Everything I see says he doesn't think he can fix Mercedes and he doesn't want to work for Stroll Sr. and inflate the price so he can sell for a profit. That leaves McLaren and Ferrari.
View Quote

I know McLaren isn't the same under Brown - he's a racer - but I don't think Newey will want to go back there. I still have a lot of confusion about his age and desire to continue, although Rory Byrne kept going for a while. Some of these motorsport guys don't really have a concept of retirement as they already do what they love and have fuck off money.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:02:23 PM EDT
[#42]
https://dimages2.gazzettaobjects.it/files/image_712_401/uploads/2024/04/30/66315450135cb.jpeg

View All Quotes

Ieri Fred Vasseur, il team principal della rossa, non ha viaggiato con la squadra verso Miami, dove si gareggia domenica. È invece volato a Londra. Motivo? Incontrare in serata lo stesso Newey, forse per concludere l’accordo di cui si sussurra da tempo, che porterà il genio inglese a Maranello dalla prossima stagione. Probabile che l’annuncio della firma venga dato dopo il GP. Il progettista potrà lavorare subito sulla vettura 2026, senza vincoli legati al gardening, risultando fondamentale con le proprie idee per interpretare al meglio il nuovo regolamento tecnico che entrerà in vigore. Un aspetto in cui è sempre stato maestro.

Yesterday Fred Vasseur, the red team principal, did not travel with the team to Miami, where it competes on Sunday. Instead, he flew to London. Reason? To meet with Newey himself in the evening, perhaps to finalize the long whispered deal that will bring the British genius to Maranello from next season. Probable announcement of the signing will be made after the GP. The designer will be able to work immediately on the 2026 car, without gardening-related constraints, being fundamental with his own ideas to best interpret the new technical regulations that will come into force. An aspect in which he has always been a master.

Translated with DeepL.com (free version)

There is no way he's going to be able to break his contract and get out of gardnering leave.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:04:46 PM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

Really hate to see him go to Ferrari since Hamilton will reap the benefits. But, I have a bad feeling that he'll end up there.

Not many folks would turn down a chance to have "brought championships back to Ferrari after 16 years" as part of their legacy.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:20:01 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By mitsuman47:
Really hate to see him go to Ferrari since Hamilton will reap the benefits. But, I have a bad feeling that he'll end up there.

Not many folks would turn down a chance to have "brought championships back to Ferrari after 16 years" as part of their legacy.
View Quote

It'd be funny as shit if he does go there and then its a flop.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:22:47 PM EDT
[#45]

View Quote

To me, you start sounding a bit scared ;)

Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:23:59 PM EDT
[#46]

View Quote

Leclerc will crush Hamilton if Ferrari doesn’t favor Fagmilton outrageously.

If they do that, they are dead to me
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#47]

To me, you start sounding a bit scared ;)

View Quote

Not even remotely.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:36:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warp_foo] [#48]

View All Quotes

Newey going to Ferrari isn't going to be an immediate success, if it happens. He wouldn't even begin to have any say on any car until ...2027 most likely.

Finish off 2024 at RBR.
Gardening leave through 2025 - which means the 2026 would already be in the can.

Is his contract through 2025? If so, make 'his' first car in 2028.

RBR may not want to keep him if he's unhappy, but they danged sure won't want any other team to get his expertise.

m
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 11:16:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By warp_foo:
Newey going to Ferrari isn't going to be an immediate success, if it happens. He wouldn't even begin to have any say on any car until ...2027 most likely.

Finish off 2024 at RBR.
Gardening leave through 2025 - which means the 2026 would already be in the can.

RBR may not want to keep him if he's unhappy, but they danged sure won't want any other team to get his expertise.

m
View All Quotes

Finish off 2024 at RBR.

m

Another thought, he is at normal retirement age.  What does he have to prove at this point?  He doesn't need the money. Why not retire and enjoy his remaining years doing whatever he wants to?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:29:38 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By not_sure:

Another thought, he is at normal retirement age.  What does he have to prove at this point?  He doesn't need the money. Why not retire and enjoy his remaining years doing whatever he wants to?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By not_sure:

Finish off 2024 at RBR.

m

Yeah, probably prudent to see how it all plays out. There is much more to this story going back a few years.
Page / 95
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top