Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 113
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:25:56 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:31:12 AM EDT
[#2]
The gazetta article has been updated. They are not even using the conditional anymore, but the future.

I don’t see how they can write that without an insider source

https://www.gazzetta.it/motori/ferrari/01-05-2024/newey-ferrari-accordo-vicino-ha-visto-vasseur-a-londra.shtml
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 2:32:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I remember what I was doing this very week end
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 5:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Apparently it’s official

Newey is out of RB
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Shung:
Apparently it’s official

Newey is out of RB
View Quote

2025 will be an interesting season.  I see an end to VER's dominance for a bit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:27:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OHBuckeyes] [#6]
It would be hilarious to see Adrian Newey and Hamilton learn about Italian incompetence.

A couple of days ago I tried to go a restaurant that was closed but clearly showing as open online and a lady outside said, "It's Italy, sometimes they are open, sometimes they are closed."
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View Quote

Why 2025? You think competitors are going to catch up to Max? He is 30+ seconds up the road at the end of the race when there isn't a safety car.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:

Why 2025? You think competitors are going to catch up to Max? He is 30+ seconds up the road at the end of the race when there isn't a safety car.
View Quote

The end of 2025 not the beginning of the season.

'26 is all new cars and power plants.  Starting from scratch means just that.  If he leaves Red Bull it is even more questionable.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:47:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: camarofrk] [#9]
Newey officially leaving Red Bull
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 6:56:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DCV_117] [#10]
So his gardening leave is beginning immediately? Redbull says he'll be around until the beginning of 2025.

Edit: Looks like he's done with their F1 departments effective immediately, and will be focusing on the RB17 for the next year. At that point he'll be free to join another team.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:02:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#11]
Originally Posted By OHBuckeyes:
It would be hilarious to see Adrian Newey and Hamilton learn about Italian incompetence.

A couple of days ago I tried to go a restaurant that was closed but clearly showing as open online and a lady outside said, "It's Italy, sometimes they are open, sometimes they are closed."
View Quote

Italian incompetence like Ferrari, Ducati, Aprilia ? in the world of racing, they truly suck....   Flaws, italians have for sure. calling them incompetent is a bridge too far.. unless you know that many more competent countries in such a field.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DCV_117:
So his gardening leave is beginning immediately? Redbull says he'll be around until the beginning of 2025.

Edit: Looks like he's done with their F1 departments effective immediately, and will be focusing on the RB17 for the next year. At that point he'll be free to join another team.

View Quote

told you Gazzetta yesterday said he would be working on the 2026 F1 for someone else....

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:06:37 AM EDT
[#13]
The McLaren Ferrari guess is a hard one. Just as I think there are more reasons to think McLaren I come up with just as many Ferrari.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:07:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#14]
Originally Posted By fike:

Which was also first “reported” by AMuS in the form of a clickbait/hype post and article.

Of course, it turned out to be something completely different.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Which was also first “reported” by AMuS in the form of a clickbait/hype post and article.

Of course, it turned out to be something completely different.

Originally Posted By Shung:

We have seen crazier things happen recently lol

remember this post ?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:07:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#15]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:
The McLaren Ferrari guess is a hard one. Just as I think there are more reasons to think McLaren I come up with just as many Ferrari.
View Quote

He also said once he would have loved to work with Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton...
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:10:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By GeneralDisaray:
View Quote

in Mclaren he could achieve great result. In Ferrari he can prolly become legend (more than he already is)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#17]

That was a hell of a weekend. I didn't have Eurosport (they showed all the sessions) and I don't think qualifying for that race was broadcast on BBC; otherwise I'd have definitely seen it.  I was out in the street and my neighbor (he knew I liked F1) told me "Ratzenberger's been killed" and it was genuinely quite shocking. No internet then and it was a matter of watching the news, and teletext, the free-to-air information service on your telly.

I watched the race live. Everone knows the rest.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:34:52 AM EDT
[#18]
A photo of Senna I always remember, him just sitting next to his broken Lotus, waiting for the truck. 1985.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:

View Quote

How so, the announcement was early 2025.  The 2025 car will already be done.  Max will win this year, he'll win 2025, and 2026 is the start of the new formula which is going to be more engine based than aero.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:00:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#20]
Originally Posted By poison123:

How so, the announcement was early 2025.  The 2025 car will already be done.  Max will win this year, he'll win 2025, and 2026 is the start of the new formula which is going to be more engine based than aero.
View Quote

You forget that the cars are in constant evolution.

If Adrian Newley is as good and important as it is claimed, effects may be visible by the end of the year.
He stops RB F1 right now.

Anyway time will tell

In other news, newey claims he left because he wants new challenges

If engines are the new metric in 2026, RB is fucked
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#21]
The last time Newey said that, he was doing work for the Americas Cup.

Maybe there is something that really interests him in the new regulations - movable aero, perhaps? Or perhaps he saw chaos starting to take hold at RBR.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:10:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Esterhase:

Maybe there is something that really interests him in the new regulations - movable aero, perhaps? Or perhaps he saw chaos starting to take hold at RBR.
View Quote

I think he's what 65?  He's already got a legacy that can't be touched.  I think Americas Cup or after the RB17 he's just going to be done.  Shung wants it to be Ferrari so bad because he knows Ferrari isn't going to improve and will likely get worse now that the Princess is there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:28:05 AM EDT
[#23]

I think he's what 65?  He's already got a legacy that can't be touched.  I think Americas Cup or after the RB17 he's just going to be done.  Shung wants it to be Ferrari so bad because he knows Ferrari isn't going to improve and will likely get worse now that the Princess is there.
View All Quotes

He's going to another team.  Otherwise, there is no reason for him to leave RBR now.  The Italian press has too much inside info for it to be anyone other than Ferrari.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By PossumKing:

He's going to another team.  Otherwise, there is no reason for him to leave RBR now.  The Italian press has too much inside info for it to be anyone other than Ferrari.
View All Quotes

There are plenty of reasons for him to step away now that don’t involve going to another team. And to be fair, after speaking with him about his intentions, RBR didn’t stand in his way, absolved all of his contractual obligations, and allowed his “gardening leave” to take place in the form of the RB17 project.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:00:35 AM EDT
[#25]
It would be funny if he was going to join VCARB next year with Guenther as TP or have they completely relocated from Italy to the UK?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:04:34 AM EDT
[#26]

There are plenty of reasons for him to step away now that don’t involve going to another team. And to be fair, after speaking with him about his intentions, RBR didn’t stand in his way, absolved all of his contractual obligations, and allowed his “gardening leave” to take place in the form of the RB17 project.
View All Quotes

Absolved?  Ferrari probably threw $100M on the table in front of RBR and said, "Is this enough to have him in 2025?"
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#27]

Absolved?  Ferrari probably threw $100M on the table in front of RBR and said, "Is this enough to have him in 2025?"
View All Quotes

Yeah. All we know is that they are not enforcing his contract. Everything else is conjecture and fantasy at this point.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm wondering if Newey had some clause in his contract about working conditions and the freedom to leave if certain things change.

The only way a move to another team makes sense is if he can get to work quickly.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:19 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:17:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm wondering if Newey had some clause in his contract about working conditions and the freedom to leave if certain things change.

The only way a move to another team makes sense is if he can get to work quickly.
View Quote

Posting this only because Jordan is Newey’s manager.

Who knows.

Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:32:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By D_J:

View Quote

Maybe it will look nice in the Miami sun.

Maybe my next girlfriend will be a supermodel.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:59:57 AM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Yup.  If he really was going to Ferrari, they would have fought tooth and nail to prevent that from happening till 27 at the earliest.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:02:00 AM EDT
[#35]

View Quote

You think 100M is worth that much to them?  Unless RB is dissolving that would be the worst deal in history.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:03:15 AM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Could have been worse....could have been that baby shit blue color all over.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Car looks like absolute dog shit...

Either go blue or go red...(no political pun intended)
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Oooh…..The Race had a very interesting “completing the circle” option for Newey.

An ownership stake at Williams.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:41:34 AM EDT
[#39]

You think 100M is worth that much to them?  Unless RB is dissolving that would be the worst deal in history.
View Quote

What's more likely:
1. RBR let Newey walk away from his remaining contract for free; or
2. RBR required some sort of compensation to let him out early and be available to other teams.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:46:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Oooh…..The Race had a very interesting “completing the circle” option for Newey.

View Quote

That is a very interesting idea.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:49:12 AM EDT
[#41]
View Quote
Such a wasted opportunity to do something really cool.
McLaren and Ferrari are not only competing for P2 in the WCC, but also worst livery of the season.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:54:25 AM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

And one I could see the entire pit lane getting behind (including Red Bull).
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:13:24 AM EDT
[#43]

And one I could see the entire pit lane getting behind (including Red Bull).
View Quote

When someone has achieved so much, has earned more than they can ever need, it becomes about legacy. It definitely fits that he 'comes home' so to speak.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:20:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Oooh ..The Race had a very interesting "completing the circle" option for Newey.

View Quote

Why Red Bull couldn't stop Adrian Newey quitting its F1 team

I like the idea of him returning to Williams or heading up the design of a new works Hypercar entry for Lemans.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#45]
Oooh ..The Race had a very interesting "completing the circle" option for Newey.

View Quote
That would be interesting, but sadly, Williams is a far cry from the organization he left.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By tifosi:
That would be interesting, but sadly, Williams is a far cry from the organization he left.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By tifosi:

All the better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:08:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Shung] [#47]

View Quote

LoL, you sound more and more scared.   his Legacy is great, but he knows going to Ferrari and make them win (after 17 years at best) could potentially make him literal legend.

the fact that is lawyers got rid of his gardening leave says he stays in F1 in 2025 to me
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:09:42 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

meh. I wanted it all blue
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:10:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Yup.  If he really was going to Ferrari, they would have fought tooth and nail to prevent that from happening till 27 at the earliest.
View Quote

LoL, saving this for later
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:12:52 PM EDT
[#50]
I would love to see him go back to Williams.

Or McLaren.
Page / 113
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top