Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Just had a checkup and bloodwork.  A1C is 5.2.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
Just had a checkup and bloodwork.  A1C is 5.2.  [/qote]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 10:44:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Since .5s are backorder. They gonna start me on 7.5 and try to make it a 3 month vs 1 month fill.

Link Posted: 5/10/2024 12:01:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just got a notification from my regular pharmacy that they no longer carry Mounjaro.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#5]
My doctor moved me to 5mg of Mounjaro, finally got it a week before CVS Caremark mail-order said they are no longer going to carry Mounjaro due to availability issues.

They said maybe again when the supply situation resolves.  So for the substitute med I will be doing Ozempic.  I hope it works as well as the Mounjaro.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:40:03 AM EDT
[#6]
My doc told me I should be fine taking my doses ten days apart instead of seven, to stretch out my supply, so that’s what I’m doing.  Should give me an extra couple of weeks to secure another source if the one I found runs dry.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 5:53:25 AM EDT
[#7]
6.1  and 104.
Dropped down to 1 shitformin a day.

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 6:49:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By kissfan:
A1C is borderline. But I have metabolic syndrome. So doc put me on 10mg as a way to rein it in.

When I can actually fill the script, it work. But all those taking it just for weight loss are sucking inventory from those with A1C issues.

But, zero side effects in my case.
View Quote

PM Sent
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Here we are a month later in this thread and this morning I took my first dose (1 unit) of semaglutide for weight loss.  I went in for my 6 month follow up with my GP and asked him about the stuff.  Risks, dangers, benefits, etc….  He’s a big fan of using it when other attempts at weight loss has not worked.  
FWIW, I’m using a compounded version from my local compounding pharmacy.  It’s a hell of a lot cheaper too.  $250 a month out of pocket, no insurance.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:10:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I started out on Trulicity.... saw pretty frequent diarrea. I was on Ozempic for about a year and a half. Lost about 30 lbs and lab numbers looked way better. After about a year though, I plateaued and stopped losing weight ( I do the gym 5-6 days a week so i wasnt just relying on the drug.) soon after the plateau, I started seeing pretty severe gastro issues (Cramping severe constipation, diarrea, nausea and vomiting). Dr took me off the Ozempic and put me on Monjaro. We have worked up to the 15mg dose and Im seeing none or the side effects I saw on the other meds. Lab numbers all look good, but occasionally see a bit of low blood sugar in the mornings. Sleeping well, plenty of energy. Not really losing any appreciable weight, but Im dropping a couple pounds a month so I guess it working. All in all it works for me.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:02:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ScottsGT:
Here we are a month later in this thread and this morning I took my first dose (1 unit) of semaglutide for weight loss.  I went in for my 6 month follow up with my GP and asked him about the stuff.  Risks, dangers, benefits, etc….  He’s a big fan of using it when other attempts at weight loss has not worked.  
FWIW, I’m using a compounded version from my local compounding pharmacy.  It’s a hell of a lot cheaper too.  $250 a month out of pocket, no insurance.
View Quote

Good luck with it!  I just took my 6th dose yesterday.  Started at 267, was at 261 by first dose, and now down to 246.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 12:39:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I have plateaued after dropping 25+.  I have been walking and lifting weights.  Calories are under 1200.  Intermittent fasting also.

I am trying to mix it up with the fasting and eating some in the morning hoping it will Kickstart my body in letting go of some more.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 1:31:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Hope it works, but this sounds like some BLTC, have you or a loved one been injured by glp-1 products? scheme
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:11:25 AM EDT
[#14]
I am on 2.5 MG dose for three months.  Lost 37 lbs.  A1C went down from 5.9 to 5.0. I am only losing about 1 lb a week now but that's fine with me

I stopped taking my statin med two months ago and my cholesterol is still 156 as of Monday.  Going to the doc follow up appointment in 30 minutes
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:22:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By live-free-or-die:
My wife and I have been on Mounjaro and now compounded tirzepatide for the last 1.5 years.

Prior to this the only thing that worked to lose weight was Keto and a TON of exercise. Even at that I never got below 180lbs at 5'7"

I went from 205 to 160 in about 6 months and have maintained 160 with a 5mg dose for the last year. While I still eat healthily, I no longer stress about having a dessert here or there and can exercise for general fitness rather than weight loss.

My fasting blood sugar went from high 90s to 65-72, BP is not high anymore, and cholesterol is normal - bone density has remained stable. I have had no side effects since day 1, nor has my wife.

The only downside has been having to completely replace my wardrobe and being limited on where I can find pants with a 30" or smaller waist.

View Quote

Did you do before and after DEXA scan? Are you lifting weights?
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:23:39 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Samal:
I am on 2.5 MG dose for three months.  Lost 37 lbs.  A1C went down from 5.9 to 5.0. I am only losing about 1 lb a week now but that's fine with me

I stopped taking my statin med two months ago and my cholesterol is still 156 as of Monday.  Going to the doc follow up appointment in 30 minutes
View Quote
Nice!! Good progress
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:23:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By ddollen:
All I know about the drug is that my wife needs it but the pharmacy's in Mobile can't get any until (they say) mid April.  She goes without while some fat slobs get it for weight loss.
View Quote

Most major insurance wont pay for the drug unless its for type 2 diabetes.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:34:22 AM EDT
[#18]
I was on ozempic for a month. I am done with it because if I rely on a drug for weight loss I may gain it all back. Any way I eat ZERO processed foods and ZERO sugars added foods (that means stuff like BBQ too). I am averaging 2.9 pounds of weight lost per week without it. I am getting
stronger and healthier. My strength WILL drop off since I am still doing a severe caloric restriction. Once I get to around 15% body fat I will re-examine my diet.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:49:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Wife took it. Lost 35 lbs. It works.

She had to stop because of gall stones. These types of drugs fuck with the bile system and caused her pain.

Ask your dr about these side effects and will it cause you trouble.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#20]
I started mounjaro because of being diabetic,  the weight loss help has been a bonus.  I did keto before and dropped about 45 pounds,  but it stalled.  This helped drop more and I am still eating keto and exercising but still stalled some.  A bit frustrating.

So far no adverse effects from the med so hope it keeps going okay.  Well, except from some burping.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top