Page / 4
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:45:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheLookingGlass] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By crag_dt:

What do you mean by "Compound"?

Is this kind of like Hims, etc?
View Quote

The kind of pharmacy where they put things like eye of newt, salamander tail, and tears from a virgin, oh yeah and the yummy bubblegum flavor  into a mortar and pestle along with whatever rx you have (trulicity etc) and mix it all together while reciting black sabbath songs backwards nude in the pale moon light. Then they put it into gel caps and give you a 30 day supply.  

See you next month!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:26:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#2]
I was actually a little hungry this morning.  This is a strange and weird feeling now.  lol

I’ve lost 15 lbs in 2.5 weeks.  Some of that is just having less stuff in my digestive system, but that’s only part of it.

Of course, that level of weight loss isn’t sustainable, and I’m going to need to increase my intake some.  I think I’ve averaged about 4-500 calories a day recently.  Short-term, I don’t see an issue, though, and I see it as a great kickstart to shake things up, and it’s a great motivator and morale booster.  It’s also inspired me to start working out more.

It’s a huge change to actually consciously decide that I need to eat more than I would otherwise.  That has literally never happened to me before.

Breakfast today is an omelette loaded with veggies and a little ham.  I’ve eaten maybe 4-5 bites, and I am no longer hungry.  That still feels so weird.  lol
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By crag_dt:

What do you mean by "Compound"?

Is this kind of like Hims, etc?
View Quote

What is a compounding pharmacy?
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 8:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Took my first dose of 2.5 Friday evening, other than a little burping that night, no side effects so far.

It is so weird to not be constantly feeling hungry like I haven't eaten at all.  I ate nothing after dinner till noon the next day and was starting to feel a little hungry.  I ate a couple of eggs and several keto meatballs my wife had made and a piece of high fiber keto bread, felt like I was going to explode, so I am going to have to watch and understand things have changed.  I ate a meatstick as a snack, had been painting and working all afternoon.  

I had a small chicken thigh and some riced cauliflower with butter for dinner and another piece of the keto bread.  I ate a second small chicken thigh as I know I am not getting enough protein, I shouldn't have, I feel stuffed.  I really need to adjust to the new normal.

It's just so weird having never experienced this and not feeling like I am starving even after eating a huge meal.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:46:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#5]
Yeah, I found out real quick that my “normal” meal size would lead to discomfort.  I had one large meal a day or two after my first dose, and I had sulfur burps and a good bit of bloating and gas pain for a few hours.

I haven’t eaten a large meal since, and I’ve not had any more of those problems.

As to the hunger thing, yeah, it’s very weird.  My hunger builds much more slowly after eating than it did, and it also seems to max out at a fairly low level.  Like maybe a 3-4 on a scale of 1 to 10.  So I never get more hungry than “eh, yeah, I guess I’m a little hungry” even if I haven’t eaten in 24 hours.  Before, I’d have been ravenous by then.
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 10:56:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 11:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife is down 57 pounds. I lost 25 but quit taking it months ago and have gained about 10 pounds back. Neither of us were overweight, but the wife wanted to be high school skinny again. I just took it because we had access to it cheap through her work.

It works. The only side effects were feeling bloated and possibly getting a little depressed when working a lot of hours.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:37:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Congrats to those dropping weight.  When I did, my blood pressure went down from 135/88
To 121/80 and I’ve seen it lower.

I’ve kinda lost my taste for wine.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#9]
One of the fatties at work just switched to it from Metformin

He’s happy with it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#10]
5 months in and taking the 5mg dose, I'm a type 2 Diabetic for over ten years  using insulin, Metformin and Jardian.
I have lost 17 pounds, appetite is way less and insulin usage is half what I was using.
I'm feeling fine and glucose control has never been better, this medication is very effective.
I have been adding fiber and probiotic to my diet as it slows down your bowel movements
No cravings anymore and no more large meals, way less cooking and even less groceries. Smaller meals at work and really food savings, less waste.
Fortunately, my pharmacy is able to supply Me with this stuff and my insurance covers it. I don't know how long I'll stay on it but I'm very happy with the results so far.
Of all the medication I have tried, this one works the best.
I know the risks and I'll be getting off of it eventually, long term usage is probably not good as with anything.
Good luck out there
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:17:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#11]
I’m still doing great.  Second month of meds delivered with no issues from my preferred pharmacy.  So far so good with supply.

The only adverse side effect I’ve had after the first week was some constipation.  Sorted that out with a couple of doses of lax.  Blood sugar is excellent.

Appetite started creeping back up for some reason, but has dropped again.  I lost 20 lbs in one month.  I don’t expect that pace to continue.  A certain percentage of that is just having less food in my system.  I’m working out and lifting weights regularly.

I’ve also spent a lot less on restaurants….
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 11:27:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I started taking the 2.5 form at the end of last month. My sugar has been doing a shit load better and I have lost 16 pounds in two weeks.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:03:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gator] [#13]
Originally Posted By mclark202:
My wife is down 57 pounds. I lost 25 but quit taking it months ago and have gained about 10 pounds back. Neither of us were overweight, but the wife wanted to be high school skinny again. I just took it because we had access to it cheap through her work.

It works. The only side effects were feeling bloated and possibly getting a little depressed when working a lot of hours.
View Quote

Our perception of what is a normal weight in America is so whack.  

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.

Congrats, especially the wife that's some impressive weight loss.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 12:03:32 PM EDT
[#14]

View Quote

If she was able to lose 57 pounds, she was overweight.

I don't think there's anything magical about food in the US. It's just always available. It's always talked about. The commercials never end.

And it's actually a source of recreation, maybe even an obsession. Someone once said "Americans eat like pigs and think like starving dogs".

Look at all the food threads in GD. There are the  members that start and post in these thread, the same ones.

Also, look at the irrational fear of becoming "too skinny". I think that one is the funniest of all. Especially when you consider the body composition of boxers and other fighters. If a male doesn't have big birthing hips then they've "skipped leg day"
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:45:16 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no cravings at all on the 2.5mg.  At the end of the week, I start feeling the hunger more, started glancing a bit and the potato chips over the fridge, but easily ignore it.  I will do my second weighing on Sunday morning, but down like 6-7 pounds in a week.  

Drives my wife crazy that I am not eating much and gets frustrated about cooking, oh well, I want this off and to feel better.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 1:57:20 PM EDT
[#16]
I'd be worried about constipation problems.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 2:32:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Pogo55:
I'd be worried about constipation problems.
View Quote

I drink a lot of water, and usually once or twice a day, I have a slice of Keto bread with some butter.  Fats help and the bread has zero carbs and 8 grams of fiber per slice.  The protein drink has some fiber and I usually eat some vegetables at dinner.

No problems really, though I go a lot less, worried me a bit at first and then realized that I am really not eating a whole lot anymore.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 3:47:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Ronnoc:
I have no cravings at all on the 2.5mg.  At the end of the week, I start feeling the hunger more, started glancing a bit and the potato chips over the fridge, but easily ignore it.  I will do my second weighing on Sunday morning, but down like 6-7 pounds in a week.  

Drives my wife crazy that I am not eating much and gets frustrated about cooking, oh well, I want this off and to feel better.
View Quote

This isn't your first week is it?  Tell your doc about it?  If it's not water weight, 6-7 lbs in a week is waaaay too much.

OP in 4-6 months:
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Gator:

This isn't your first week is it?  Tell your doc about it?  If it's not water weight, 6-7 lbs in a week is waaaay too much.

OP in 4-6 months:
https://charismaticplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/flying-squirrel.png
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

OP in 4-6 months:
https://charismaticplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/flying-squirrel.png

I will keep an eye on it, but more over 1.5 weeks actually.  I really am hardly eating, most times have to force myself to eat, one of the reasons I started on protein shakes.  I usually don't eat any breakfast and had been doing 16-18 hour intermittent fasts already, now it's just way easier.
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 9:54:52 PM EDT
[#20]
first two weeks - 6-7 a week is OK, later it will slow down - I am 2.5 months into 2.5mg - lost 18 lbs a first month, now losing 1-2 lbs a week, 27lbs down so far
Link Posted: 4/11/2024 10:06:36 PM EDT
[#21]
On it for borderline diabetes.

NO side effects for me.

Hoping to get off as I am losing weight, mostly due to going to gym 4 to 6 days a week since retired. Also eating low carb diet.
Link Posted: 4/13/2024 11:35:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#22]
The appetite thing is still freaky.  Ate a small/moderate meal yesterday afternoon around 3:00.  Nothing after.   This morning, I went to a local diner for a late breakfast and mainly to fuel up on some coffee.  I knew I wasn’t very hungry, so I just ordered something small.  Now I’m sitting here staring at half of a bacon egg and cheese biscuit, and I feel full and not wanting to even finish it.

I could have eaten two of them with a side of grits like it was nothing a few months ago.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Unfortunately for me, the hunger suppression and stomach emptying slowness are already fading for me after just two weeks.  That is beyond frustrating.  I do feel full sooner with small amounts, but it doesn't last like it did.
Link Posted: 4/15/2024 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#24]
I lost 80 pounds in roughly 6 months. Got up to 12.5mg before basically lost effectiveness. Insurance didn’t cover it unfortunately.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 5:34:50 AM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes

It's wild.

I like the guys that seem to think that if you aren't over 200 lbs then you're a twig. At 10-12% body fat with my frame it would be pretty much impossible to get over 200 lbs without drugs, and the 180's is the realistic top end.

I've had the same conversation with my wife, we were talking about college weights and how she could be back to it if she lost 30 lbs. Her response was "That would be way too skinny".....it wouldn't. It would be normal young woman weight. I don't know what her hangup about losing weight is lately but it's slowly grating at me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 7:02:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#26]
Unfortunately for me, the hunger suppression and stomach emptying slowness are already fading for me after just two weeks.  That is beyond frustrating.  I do feel full sooner with small amounts, but it doesn't last like it did.
View Quote

I experienced something similar.  Hang in there.  Mine started fading around week 2-3, but then it came back.

My appetite went to a 1 out of 10 for the first 2-3 weeks.  Then it started creeping up again.  Maybe a 4-6.  But then it settled back to a 3.  And that’s fine.  I don’t have the super-freaky never hungry feeling I started with, but my appetite is still way down.  I get hungry, but it takes longer, and my hunger level never goes to “crazy hungry” like it used to.  I am still able to lose weight pretty easily.  I’m hungry sometimes, but it’s a level I can handle.

I feel like maybe this is how “normal” people are supposed to feel.

I hope yours does something similar.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:44:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

It's wild.

I like the guys that seem to think that if you aren't over 200 lbs then you're a twig. At 10-12% body fat with my frame it would be pretty much impossible to get over 200 lbs without drugs, and the 180's is the realistic top end.

I've had the same conversation with my wife, we were talking about college weights and how she could be back to it if she lost 30 lbs. Her response was "That would be way too skinny".....it wouldn't. It would be normal young woman weight. I don't know what her hangup about losing weight is lately but it's slowly grating at me.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By sitdwnandhngon:

It's wild.

I suffer a little from it too, I think we all do.  

I know otherwise because I was there.  For a long ass time I was 190 or so, then 180 for a while but finally got myself to 10% BF after many years.   I'll bet 99.87% here will weigh much less than 180 at 10% body fat.  What really makes me realize that is back in college days, there actually was a friend I worked with that actually was about that - 180 or 185 at 10% or less body fat.  Not sure on height, probably 5' 10" or 5' 11".  That looks really large and jacked to just about everyone.  Unless you're currently lifting hard and have a decade under your belt or eating lots of trenbaloney sammiches you ain't gonna be 180 lean bro.

No idea what to do for the wife, I'm lucky there... maybe get a subscription to Women's Fitness and put the mags on the coffee table or on the commode?  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:

I experienced something similar.  Hang in there.  Mine started fading around week 2-3, but then it came back.

My appetite went to a 1 out of 10 for the first 2-3 weeks.  Then it started creeping up again.  Maybe a 4-6.  But then it settled back to a 3.  And that’s fine.  I don’t have the super-freaky never hungry feeling I started with, but my appetite is still way down.  I get hungry, but it takes longer, and my hunger level never goes to “crazy hungry” like it used to.  I am still able to lose weight pretty easily.  I’m hungry sometimes, but it’s a level I can handle.

View All Quotes

Gotta break old habits.  Look at old pics of people in the 40's and 50's.  Our bodies didn't make any significant evolutionary changes in a generation or two.  Our habits and food did.

I know, I was the same way.  Those snack bags of chips?  I could destroy one in 30 seconds or less.  I wouldn't eat those though, it would be a big bag, and I would eat a half bag pretty quickly before I stopped myself.

Now I'll eat the protein chips (the Quest chips and Legendary chips are good) for protein at night.  Eat them slow, and only eat one bag.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:37:20 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ronnoc] [#29]
I will definitely work through it, just really enjoyed not having the constant hunger.  It's still much manageable now, has become more like an itch that is difficult to scratch.  Fortunately,  the cravings are not there and helps a bunch.  

I  will watch it for a while and see if I might need to up the dose some.  Either way, keeping the calories to between 700-900 a day.  Less if I can and walking each day.  Still doing intermittent fasting from dinner till lunch with lunch often at 1.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 9:41:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#30]
I would let it go for quite a while before considering a dosage change.  I’d give it 2-3 months at least.  It’ll take a little time for things to settle down and for you to get a good feel for how things have changed and to get into a new routine.  I hope it works out well!
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:14:28 AM EDT
[#31]
I am finishing my third month on 2.5 intro dose.  it slowed down, but it is a good thing - I am losing 1-2 lbs per week and have no side effects; at the same time, on Saturday, my cheating day, I can enjoy my drinks and food without feeling like I am dying after that.

I am not in a rush to go to 5mg
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:20:18 AM EDT
[#32]
My doc started me at 5.   Maybe because I was switching from Trulicity.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Since I've got a bad leg, and I'm about to have rotator cuff surgery, I'm thinking about asking my DR about taking this for a short period of time. I could stand to lose a little, and I want to make sure I don't gain more when I can't do anything.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Optum RX is reporting they are out of 7.5mg and 10mg and have no resupply date.  They told me to call CVS and they said they have nothing and are being told it will be August before they get more.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:27:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By GlocksareGood:
Optum RX is reporting they are out of 7.5mg and 10mg and have no resupply date.  They told me to call CVS and they said they have nothing and are being told it will be August before they get more.
View Quote

Just get two prescriptions for 5.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:39:27 AM EDT
[#36]

Just get two prescriptions for 5.  
View Quote
I had the doc write me a 10 and 12.5. I have Walgreens fill whichever is in stock. It's still hit or miss.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#37]
View Quote

Hopefully won't be an issue.   I was prescribed it as the pill I was taking was not working even with a strict keto diet for lowering mu A1c.  The weight  loss effects were secondary as I was already working on that, albeit was going slower than it is now.
Link Posted: 4/16/2024 11:17:40 AM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

Demand is only going to increase, making the shortages worse.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:01:29 PM EDT
[#39]
Well shit.  Just my third fill, and the pharmacy sent me a message saying they’re out of stock.  Now I get to start calling local pharmacies in the morning to see if they have any.  

I purposefully took my injection a day late every time to build a surplus/buffer, but I’ve only been doing it long enough to gain one extra dose.  Hopefully I can find more soon.

My sugar levels are excellent, and my appetite is still down from normal.  I’ve lost about 25 lbs in the two months I’ve been on this med.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 11:10:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I thought I would come back here to update, I had to quit taking Ozempic. It was giving me non stop gallbladder attacks which finally led to a case of pancreatitis. I was incredibly sick. For two days I didn’t even get out of bed. I’m bummed because it was controlling my blood sugar amazingly well. I was getting perfect numbers. I don’t normally ever test but I was curious with Ozempic. Oh well, back to Metformin.

It’s been three weeks since I took the last 0.5mg dose. I’ve been pretty much back to normal for the last week. I can recommend if you’ve ever had gallbladder problems, stay away from Ozempic and other similar medications.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Antero:
I thought I would come back here to update, I had to quit taking Ozempic. It was giving me non stop gallbladder attacks which finally led to a case of pancreatitis. I was incredibly sick. For two days I didn't even get out of bed. I'm bummed because it was controlling my blood sugar amazingly well. I was getting perfect numbers. I don't normally ever test but I was curious with Ozempic. Oh well, back to Metformin.

It's been three weeks since I took the last 0.5mg dose. I've been pretty much back to normal for the last week. I can recommend if you've ever had gallbladder problems, stay away from Ozempic and other similar medications.
View Quote

I had my gallbladder removed years ago... so far so good after 3 months on Mounjaro
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:03:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Well shit.  Just my third fill, and the pharmacy sent me a message saying they're out of stock.  Now I get to start calling local pharmacies in the morning to see if they have any.  

I purposefully took my injection a day late every time to build a surplus/buffer, but I've only been doing it long enough to gain one extra dose.  Hopefully I can find more soon.

My sugar levels are excellent, and my appetite is still down from normal.  I've lost about 25 lbs in the two months I've been on this med.
View Quote
I just had mine refilled by CVS yesterday - maybe call them if they are in the area
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Samal:
I just had mine refilled by CVS yesterday - maybe call them if they are in the area
View All Quotes
Well shit.  Just my third fill, and the pharmacy sent me a message saying they're out of stock.  Now I get to start calling local pharmacies in the morning to see if they have any.  

I purposefully took my injection a day late every time to build a surplus/buffer, but I've only been doing it long enough to gain one extra dose.  Hopefully I can find more soon.

My sugar levels are excellent, and my appetite is still down from normal.  I've lost about 25 lbs in the two months I've been on this med.

Checked all CVSs within 20 miles. No dice.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 1:41:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Syndicate] [#44]
I went to my doctor but he refused to prescribe it since I was no diabetic and he did not believe in using meds for weight loss.  I found an online company that helps out with that, Mochi Health. Been on the compounded Semi for about 3 weeks now.  Down about 12 total.  My insurance would not cover it but even if they did I am not sure it would be cheaper than what I am paying. $175 a month no matter the dosage.  No shortage of the meds since it is compounded.  You also have to pay a monthly membership fee but it does give you access to a teladoc and nutritionist.  Use my code 3OLXW3 and you will get $40 off....and I will also get $40 off.  They also do the compounding of Mounjaro but it is a bit more.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#45]
My wife is a type 1 diabetic and takes Mounjaro to help with her insulin usage.  She does have some gastric side effects the day of and day after her injection.  She feels bloated and whatnot.  After that she has no complaints.  It's been working very well to decrease her insulin usage, and she's dropped a few pounds.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:06:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Admiral_Crunch] [#46]
I found a CVS about 20 miles away that has the 2.5mg starter dose in stock.  It’s the only one they have.  Talked to my doc, and he agreed that a low dose is better than no dose, so he sent a prescription there.  Hopefully I can pick it up soon.

I do still have one regular dose left, thanks to earlier rationing, which I am glad I did.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:26:26 PM EDT
[#47]
I never went up from the starter doze - still on 2.5 going on for three months
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:07:13 PM EDT
[#48]
I think I posted in another thread, but I started taking 2.5mg around 3/26. My a1c from my doctors appointment on 3/6 was 10.1. For some reason my body kind of hibernates and from October til about March my sugar is usually high and my a1c jumps up.

Well, my a1c from my appointment yesterday was 7.1 and I lost 21 pounds so far in about 5 weeks of taking monjauro. I just had my second does of 5mg last Thursday.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:35:24 PM EDT
[#49]
" back ordered here"  when trying to refill.
Haven't lost a ton...but it's kept my a1c right around 6.
I started intermittent fasting a few weeks ago to stay ahead of things.
Labs next week..took my last dose yesterday. Hopefully it'll get filled....if not...I'll get through
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:43:59 PM EDT
[#50]

I had my gallbladder removed years ago... so far so good after 3 months on Mounjaro
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Antero:
I thought I would come back here to update, I had to quit taking Ozempic. It was giving me non stop gallbladder attacks which finally led to a case of pancreatitis. I was incredibly sick. For two days I didn't even get out of bed. I'm bummed because it was controlling my blood sugar amazingly well. I was getting perfect numbers. I don't normally ever test but I was curious with Ozempic. Oh well, back to Metformin.

It's been three weeks since I took the last 0.5mg dose. I've been pretty much back to normal for the last week. I can recommend if you've ever had gallbladder problems, stay away from Ozempic and other similar medications.

I'm sitting here at Vanderbilt after my wife's ninth or tenth procedure due to that stuff wrecking her pancreas. She too has no gall bladder.

Antero- hope you are not self diagnosing. Please see a doc and get some panels pulled. It's not enough to just stop taking it.  Also look at how much you're pooping.

I wouldn't wish this on anyone, I know it doesn't happen often, but
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top