Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 397
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CLICKBANGBANG:
Can you just link to your last post about this? I'm have a photographic mind and I actually picture what people type. And I'm tired of picturing that every other page when someone who won't read the thread asks about Clomid.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Originally Posted By SWIRE:

Originally Posted By DOG556:

Maybe your T is too high contributing to your anger outbursts here!

So Clomid stories anyone!??

My testosterone peaked just over 1,100 on 50mg of clomid daily.  Sadly it did not stay at that level, it dropped to the 700s.  Also at the same time my T peaked my E2 peaked over 200!

I'll tell you a story imaging having the sex drive of an 18 year old but an erection like an 80 year old...and then you break down emotionally and cry!!!!  The kicker was the damn urologist said that level of estrogen was fine and I didn't know any better.

Clomid can work well for some people but you will have higher E levels which will cause high E side effects like ED and extra emotions.

Can you just link to your last post about this? I'm have a photographic mind and I actually picture what people type. And I'm tired of picturing that every other page when someone who won't read the thread asks about Clomid.

LOL, you are tired of picturing it but I have vivid memories still.  

It's a shame this site doesn't have a WIKI feature where all of us could edit and add information to the front page of this thread.  This entire thread could be summarized in about 1 page.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:58:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Originally Posted By WeimaranerDad:
I was kinda under the impression that fertility (or infertility?) Docs prescribed clomid to boost the male's or husband's sperm count when a couple is trying to conceive.

I am probably wrong on that....

But it makes no sense to raise sperm levels so high, but sacrifice the ability to conceive naturally by throwing ED into the mix.

I am probably just confused???

View All Quotes

My testosterone peaked just over 1,100 on 50mg of clomid daily.  Sadly it did not stay at that level, it dropped to the 700s.  Also at the same time my T peaked my E2 peaked over 200!

I'll tell you a story imaging having the sex drive of an 18 year old but an erection like an 80 year old...and then you break down emotionally and cry!!!!  The kicker was the damn urologist said that level of estrogen was fine and I didn't know any better.

Clomid can work well for some people but you will have higher E levels which will cause high E side effects like ED and extra emotions.

I was kinda under the impression that fertility (or infertility?) Docs prescribed clomid to boost the male's or husband's sperm count when a couple is trying to conceive.

But it makes no sense to raise sperm levels so high, but sacrifice the ability to conceive naturally by throwing ED into the mix.

Clomid can help increase fertility.  Fertility was a concern when I first started getting treatment about 6 years ago so I pushed and was put on clomid.  It doubled my sperm count and raised my testosterone.  Once my hormone levels peaked and then stabilized lower ED wasn't that huge of issue but the timing had to be right.  The endocrinologist that I saw said I could go on a testosterone treatment but if I wanted to have a kid I would have to go off it completely, let it leave my system, and then start clomid.  I didn't want to go through all that and took clomid from the start.

About 4 years in my body because very use to clomid and my hormone levels were starting to drop, 500-600 range.  Still not bad but not what I was used to either.  I said screw it, started T injections and added HCG.  Studies about 2 years ago started showing that HCG with T can help maintain fertility, so I gave it a shot.  The T plus HCG kept my sperm count about the same as clomid did, the overall number was slightly lower but the quality was higher.  I have only had one count done with T and HCG so I can't say for sure if that holds true long term, the first count was done about 4 months into the treatment.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:59:50 AM EDT
[#3]
i wonder if this trt is gonna benefit some of you when you get LVH
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 10:44:18 AM EDT
[#4]

View All Quotes

Originally Posted By pumbaajk:
What are your experiences with a Clomid only regime to bump TRT?

Good and bad?

All the information you need is literally on the last page....

Good God

This thread is a fucking repeat every two days.

Your statement is nothing but a myth, and it's a dangerous myth.  It's part of the reason why getting good male HRT is so difficult.  Read the stories in this thread about people getting the run around and accused of steroid abuse by female pharmacists, read the accusations of doctors towards members here, read about the absolute ineptness of the majority of the general practitioners, urologists, and endocrinologists in regards to male HRT.  Much of this crap we have to deal with is related to the "'roid rage" myth.  Hell, prescription testosterone is treated like a narcotic by the FDA.  

So, welcome to the thread; it has tons of valuable information. But, please, educate yourself and stop spreading the " 'roid rage" myth.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 11:12:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By mixnmatch24:
View Quote

Is this meant to be a precautionary statement or you being an ill-informed douche?
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 1:32:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Thank you sir for the info.

Clomid can help increase fertility.  Fertility was a concern when I first started getting treatment about 6 years ago so I pushed and was put on clomid.  It doubled my sperm count and raised my testosterone.  Once my hormone levels peaked and then stabilized lower ED wasn't that huge of issue but the timing had to be right.  The endocrinologist that I saw said I could go on a testosterone treatment but if I wanted to have a kid I would have to go off it completely, let it leave my system, and then start clomid.  I didn't want to go through all that and took clomid from the start.

About 4 years in my body because very use to clomid and my hormone levels were starting to drop, 500-600 range.  Still not bad but not what I was used to either.  I said screw it, started T injections and added HCG.  Studies about 2 years ago started showing that HCG with T can help maintain fertility, so I gave it a shot.  The T plus HCG kept my sperm count about the same as clomid did, the overall number was slightly lower but the quality was higher.  I have only had one count done with T and HCG so I can't say for sure if that holds true long term, the first count was done about 4 months into the treatment.
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]

Yes there is.

What's harder to kill; a yoked mother fucker drinking black coffee straight from the pot or a hipster in skinny jeans drinking a double cum shot skinny Frappuccino with extra soy?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
Originally Posted By killswitch:

Brought to you by congress due to MLB doping scandals.  Even the dea was against scheduling Test.

In the documentary Bigger, Stronger, Faster a lot of the liberal politicians were completely against even doing research that involved men and testosterone.  Looking at the DNC convention which basically had the attitude that "women need to fix all the problems men created" and all the betamales Democrats that now exist, I'm pretty sure the tight regulations on testosterone was very intentional.  The DNC doesn't like strong men as they are harder to control  Same reason they don't like people own firearms.  Of course the Republicans have done nothing to fix this problem either but at least they aren't on record saying there should be no testosterone available.

a lot of truth in this post.

Yes there is.

What's harder to kill; a yoked mother fucker drinking black coffee straight from the pot or a hipster in skinny jeans drinking a double cum shot skinny Frappuccino with extra soy?

Yeah, no shit!

Imagine what freakin' havoc you could create if you had a unit consisting of 100 PatMac's.

All the Pajama Boys would roll over and piss their pants.

About that whole soy thing....isn't there a connection between soy and increased levels of estrogen?

http://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/soys-negative-effects

HOLY SHIT! Check it out...speaking of gyno:

...For Price, a retired U.S. Army intelligence officer who once flew attack helicopters in Vietnam, these changes were more than just physically uncomfortable. "Men aren't supposed to have breasts," he says today in a quiet Texas drawl. "It was like my body was feminizing."...

The reason I asked about a doctor's diagnosis of gyno is because it seems like the only way to treat it is with surgery.

Link Posted: 7/30/2016 7:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Is this meant to be a precautionary statement or you being an ill-informed douche?
View All Quotes

Well...shit...I was thinking about doing some preemptive cardiac type tests anyway.

Granted this is anecdotal:

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Heart-Disease/Left-ventricular-hypertrophy-and-testosterone-replacement-therapy/amp_show/1349692

But I guess that seals the deal.

Just from reading that one link...it doesn't specifically say his keft ventricular wall was echo stress tested before the testisterone.

It is a confounding issue withe all the cardio and weightlifting he did.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 8:57:28 PM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Citation.
I'll wait.
Link Posted: 7/30/2016 9:54:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Just a repeat of a previous post about Clomid. Been on it a while now. Started with T at ~280. T is now in the 650 range (which is slightly above average for my age). E climbed a little bit (25 to 43 over 2 years), endo didn't like that, cut my dose in half. So, I took control of my own health, maintained my Clomid dose (50mg/day) and added Arimidex. E is back down to 25-ish.

Clomid probably won't turn you into a teenager again. But, it's pretty easy, inexpensive, and doesn't require a lot of "tuning" the way T shots (and HCG, and AI, and ...) can. Clomid can also clear up a lot of the mental fog, bad sleep, and ED issues (assuming you don't let your E get too low or too high). Clomid also increases volume of sperm produced. Sometimes dramatically so. Hence the reason it is often used in fertility treatments.

Note that many posters here, myself included, have noticed joint issues when their E is out of whack. It's just another method of helping to control your own well being by "listening" to what your body is trying to tell you.

I've been satisfied with the Clomid for treating low T. Now if I can just find a decent doc to prescribe some GHRPs, I could fix up some other problems.
Link Posted: 7/31/2016 1:13:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By planemaker:
Just a repeat of a previous post about Clomid. Been on it a while now. Started with T at ~280. T is now in the 650 range (which is slightly above average for my age). E climbed a little bit (25 to 43 over 2 years), endo didn't like that, cut my dose in half. So, I took control of my own health, maintained my Clomid dose (50mg/day) and added Arimidex. E is back down to 25-ish.

Clomid probably won't turn you into a teenager again. But, it's pretty easy, inexpensive, and doesn't require a lot of "tuning" the way T shots (and HCG, and AI, and ...) can. Clomid can also clear up a lot of the mental fog, bad sleep, and ED issues (assuming you don't let your E get too low or too high). Clomid also increases volume of sperm produced. Sometimes dramatically so. Hence the reason it is often used in fertility treatments.

Note that many posters here, myself included, have noticed joint issues when their E is out of whack. It's just another method of helping to control your own well being by "listening" to what your body is trying to tell you.

I've been satisfied with the Clomid for treating low T. Now if I can just find a decent doc to prescribe some GHRPs, I could fix up some other problems.
View Quote

Might want to Google those...  

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#12]
For those of you that have suck ass doctors, I just got done with my doctor's appointment via a phone call. I did my labs on my own, sent her the results, we talked for 10 minutes and they charged my card. It's nice having a doctor that works with you like that.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:07:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#13]
For those of you that have suck ass doctors, I just got done with my doctor's appointment via a phone call. I did my labs on my own, sent her the results, we talked for 10 minutes and they charged my card. It's nice having a doctor that works with you like that.
View Quote

At at my current doc office right now waiting.
This time I bring more info to the table.

An arfcomer suggested his doc but my appoint there is in 1.5 months

Gonna see what I can do now.  

Gonna ask about dose ..I'm at 50mg /week now
And an AI
And to completely test my blood seems he tested for testosterone only.   Nothing else ... Twice

Gonna ask about my thyroid also

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote

My doctor is still hung up on that study a year or two ago that said it will kill us. He's #8 in 5 years. I'm stuck making another car payment's worth of $ every month for my test. Thinking about it rages my roids. If I didn't need a clean record to make a living I would bypass all of this. Makes me want to retire and move to a free country.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 4:42:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#15]
Originally Posted By SMRT:

And an AI
And to completely test my blood seems he tested for testosterone only.   Nothing else ... Twice

View All Quotes

And an AI

You might be making this too complicated for your doctor and triggering his 'self-defenses'

Maybe skip mentioning the AI [sets my family doc off, but not my HRT doc]  and asking for a HIGHER dosage of TC to give yourself more autonomous 'flexibility'

The other issues can be handled outside your doc's office...

The key thought is to 'manage' your doctor  -rather than the other way around...

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 5:49:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#16]
Originally Posted By EXPY37:

You might be making this too complicated for your doctor and triggering his 'self-defenses'

Maybe skip mentioning the AI [sets my family doc off, but not my HRT doc]  and asking for a HIGHER dosage of TC to give yourself more autonomous 'flexibility'

The key thought is to 'manage' your doctor  -rather than the other way around...

View All Quotes

And an AI

alright  here is the outcome.  
says he is not  comfortable/ knowledgeable enough with amiridex or AI at a ll . so no go there  

i  asked if my  balls would stop producing test.. and if i could  up my dose to what  he felt was safe.

there wasa student  nurse practitioner in the room and mentioned my  last  test was 279 and very close to  the min 379(ish)  dont remember the exact  number.  
i  told then i dont wanna to feel min good i want  to live better  thru science .. maybe that was wrong ?

end result.
-no AI if needed ADC has it.  
-test dose went from  50mg week  to  100 mg
- and i think the most  important  one.   my Rx went from 1ml viels..  to  10ml viels so not  gonna call this a complete lose.  

he mentioned if no improvements next  steps is urologist.
also  mentioned by NAME  increasemyt.com  and other clinics.
i  mentioned im not  looking to bulk or pose in a g string just to feel   better .

did I  mention   "200/mg 10/ml bottles ". ?    <-- i think thats a good thing using a good rx coupon so no  BS from  insurance about 30 day supply   and walgreens already confirmed they will fill the 10ml rx  44 bucks with the goodrx coupon .

now to pay from that  private md labs that was posted here to  make sure i need the AI (  my test did NOT  include that )  

fail on the AI    but got a larger bottle.
kinda happy.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 6:03:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#17]

says he is not  comfortable/ knowledgeable enough with amiridex or AI at a ll . so no go there  

i  asked if my  balls would stop producing test.. and if i could  up my dose to what  he felt was safe.

there wasa student  nurse practitioner in the room and mentioned my  last  test was 279 and very close to  the min 379(ish)  dont remember the exact  number.  
i  told then i dont wanna to feel min good i want  to live better  thru science .. maybe that was wrong ?

end result.
- and i think the most  important  one.   my Rx went from 1ml viels..  to  10ml viels so not  gonna call this a complete lose.  

i  mentioned im not  looking to bulk or pose in a g string just to feel    

did I  mention   "200/mg 10/ml bottles ". ?    <-- i think thats a good thing using a good rx coupon so no  BS from  insurance about 30 day supply   and walgreens already confirmed they will fill the 10ml rx  44 bucks with the goodrx coupon .

now to pay from that  private md labs that was posted here to  make sure i need the AI (  my test did NOT  include that )  

kinda happy.

View All Quotes

And an AI

end result.

kinda happy.

You did GREAT!!!

Considering...

100mg = .5 ml per week...   [@ 2000 mg per 10ml vial]

That's a low dose, likely... My guess is you need around [not having any info]  .35 ml twice a week...

The way I handled this with my doc was to pull labs at the opportune time, show them to him. Get him used to ME pulling labs.

Then explain that the dosage didn't/wasn't enough to feel better and could we up it to -whatever- suggest .4ml to him, let him feel good IN CONTROL about maybe making it .35ml ---the TARGET--- twice a week... SQ.   Negotiate...  

Accomplished this and more, while MANAGING MY DOC...  

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:03:49 PM EDT
[#18]

You did GREAT!!!

Considering...

That's a low dose, likely... My guess is you need around [not having any info]  .35 ml twice a week...

The way I handled this with my doc was to pull labs at the opportune time, show them to him. Get him used to ME pulling labs.

Then explain that the dosage didn't/wasn't enough to feel better and could we up it to -whatever- suggest .4ml to him, let him feel good IN CONTROL about maybe making it .35ml ---the TARGET--- twice a week... SQ.   Negotiate...  

View All Quotes

And an AI

end result.

kinda happy.

You did GREAT!!!

Considering...

It's all about making the doctors think they are the one fixing you. Meanwhile you're the one leading them around. Kind of like a hog. No matter how big they are, you grab them by the ear and you can make them do anything you want. I'm lucky as my doctor is very very open minded. She's asking me what I think about growth hormone and the use of peptides.
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 8:52:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#19]
"Kind of like a hog"

Does that work?  I don't know anything about them --the 4 legged kind...

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/1/2016 9:58:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#21]
Originally Posted By cowboy:

I'm happy for you and imma let you finish... But IMT is not, at least in my experience so far, a place to get you bulked up or pose in G strings. They're very helpful if you can afford it (it's not terrible) and if you can't get it done locally. They're saving me much needed time and money, and probably helping my health considering some of the "aggressive treatment" policies at my local T clinic.

If Todd wants to holler at me about the G strings I guess he can...I hope he likes bears.
View Quote

at that point i felt she was probing..  

the student  Nurse Practitioner started pushing back when she said i was close to the "min"
range..    and to her that was good enough.

saying things like..  "why are you men in denial  about your age ? "

not  meant cheap shot to increase my t .com or similar  clinics   didnt mean it that way ...  i meant it to deflect that i was trying to get more..  ( and i was   )
i was trying to  get a bigger bottle and a bigger dose and she questioned it.  

if i may ask  what do those clinics run ?

you can IM  if you dont wanna post  

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:44:09 PM EDT
[#22]
"Kind of like a hog"

Does that work?  I don't know anything about them --the 4 legged kind...

View Quote

Yea sir it does. Trapped them for beer money in college.

Trapped the two legged ones as well in college. They weren't as profitable.

Link Posted: 8/1/2016 10:45:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:50:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#24]
small update:

took shot #4 Aug 2.

shot 1 was 50mg
shot 2 was 50mg
shot 3 was 50mg
shot 4 was 100mg

lets just say i could not  roll out of bed this morning.
(see pic)

all im gonna say is this ( see pic) ......  and carry on  with  my  wonderful day  

i wasnt  tested for my E..  but  im gonna call it as in range

the next  morning after  shot  #4

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 2:53:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:05:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#27]
Most recent labs after I started poking myself about 6 weeks ago.

.5ml of 200mg/ml twice a week, subQ. 250iu HcG the day before the T shots. 1/2 of an AI tab at every shot.

TESTOSTERONE, TOTAL, LC/MS/MS 1125  .  HIGH 250-1100 ng/dL 03

FREE TESTOSTERONE 291.4  .   HIGH 35.0-155.0 pg/mL 03

ESTRADIOL, ULTRASENSITIVE LC/MS/MS 11     < OR = 29 pg/mL 02

I also take 2 Citrus Bioflavanoids every day to help with HCT levels. Donated blood 4 weeks ago. My HGB then, according to their finger stick, was 19.something. That was after not donating since March.

HEMOGLOBIN 15.9 13.2-17.1 g/dL 01
HEMATOCRIT 48.6 38.5-50.0 % 01

PSA was 0.8, TSH was 2.14, DHEA was 255.
View Quote

Maybe too much T-C  ---Sometimes not a good thing...

E looks way too low, too much Arimidex likely...

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:09:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:15:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#29]

Agreed on both counts. I'm gonna go down to .4ml and skip the AI for a week, then do half a tab every week.
View All Quotes

Maybe too much T-C  ---Sometimes not a good thing...

E looks way too low, too much Arimidex likely...

Agreed on both counts. I'm gonna go down to .4ml and skip the AI for a week, then do half a tab every week.

That's ~ my protocol at the moment and sometimes .35 ml... Except mine is every 4 days... Alternating TC and HCG every 2 days.

Maybe cut down the AI a LOT more than that, in fact maybe none until you feel your E2 returning...

My AI is now about 1/4 a 1 mg tab twice a month or less...

There was mention here of desirable E2 levels being in the up to 50 [LabCorp] range, and my last was ~50 2 months ago and I felt great.

I've found less of everything ---while feeling good ---is desirable.  After years of being on this and searching for the sweet spot...

This said, we're all different...

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#30]
I just wanted to stop in and give a small update to my situation that I've been dealing with.

first. if you think you have low T.. get a solid physical and work up before doing anything.
4 years ago I started having some left foot swelling. not bad, but noticeable.  Internal Med, Rheumatologists, Ortho's...nothing found except a diagnosis of mild lymphedema. (told to live with it...)

my physicals were perfect. I'm a big guy, but workout.. do Warrior Dashes and Run and Guns. Chol 163 ,Glu - 95
4 years ago I started the downfall. just feeling like crap. gained 20 lbs that I could not loose. sex function and drive never changed- no difference, but I just was tired and it seemed like my workouts kept me sore for days on end.

around Dec 2015- both feet started hurting.  I went to a Podiatrist in march -16, who gave me a very thorough physical and recommended I see a Interventional Radiologist. I made some phone calls to my Pathologists and they recommended the same on my Podiatrist did. the IR was awesome. he told me that I was extremely healthy but ran a D Dimer for clots and other routine lab, we did some Scans, Ultrasounds and CT's and I added on a Testosterone and a TSH.
my Testosterone came back at 204 with 400 being low norm. TSH was on the low end of normal. both the IR and myself agreed my TSH probably needs to be higher, but the low T fits exactly with his diagnosis of May -Thurner Syndrome. my Illiac Vein is collapsing and impeding flow, which causes the backup and swelling of the foot and in all likelihood the Low T from the circulatory issues from the Testicles..
now, I'm looking at getting a stent put in place.

the bottom line.
don't just start doping the T unless you get a proper check up for medical conditions.

this thread has some extremely valuable info. kudo's to everyone bringing their knowledge to the table.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:29:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:30:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SWIRE] [#32]
My most recent dosage change puts me at 0.4ml twice a week as well.  I'm also doing 500iu of HCG 4x, the day before and day of the T injections, as I want to keep my fertility up.  No AI as the doctors are following new research that says higher E is better.  I know my E is up as it can get dusty in the room if I watch something sentimental.  I could live without that but it isn't bad enough yet to take an AI.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:33:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#33]
I just wanted to stop in and give a small update to my situation that I've been dealing with.

first. if you think you have low T.. get a solid physical and work up before doing anything.
4 years ago I started having some left foot swelling. not bad, but noticeable.  Internal Med, Rheumatologists, Ortho's...nothing found except a diagnosis of mild lymphedema. (told to live with it...)

my physicals were perfect. I'm a big guy, but workout.. do Warrior Dashes and Run and Guns. Chol 163 ,Glu - 95
4 years ago I started the downfall. just feeling like crap. gained 20 lbs that I could not loose. sex function and drive never changed- no difference, but I just was tired and it seemed like my workouts kept me sore for days on end.

around Dec 2015- both feet started hurting.  I went to a Podiatrist in march -16, who gave me a very thorough physical and recommended I see a Interventional Radiologist. I made some phone calls to my Pathologists and they recommended the same on my Podiatrist did. the IR was awesome. he told me that I was extremely healthy but ran a D Dimer for clots and other routine lab, we did some Scans, Ultrasounds and CT's and I added on a Testosterone and a TSH.
my Testosterone came back at 204 with 400 being low norm. TSH was on the low end of normal. both the IR and myself agreed my TSH probably needs to be higher, but the low T fits exactly with his diagnosis of May -Thurner Syndrome. my Illiac Vein is collapsing and impeding flow, which causes the backup and swelling of the foot and in all likelihood the Low T from the circulatory issues from the Testicles..

the bottom line.
don't just start doping the T unless you get a proper check up for medical conditions.

this thread has some extremely valuable info. kudo's to everyone bringing their knowledge to the table.
View Quote

Interesting...

This said, depending on your age and other factors, the circulatory issues may be an EFFECT of low T ---not the cause.

Before any invasive and risky solutions, I'd prefer personally to try  artificially raising my T levelto  see what happens for 6 months...

While monitoring the underlying issue...

I've found a couple issues to go away after starting HRT...

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 3:37:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Yeah, I may let the AI go for awhile. I crashed my E earlier this year, and have no desire to repeat that again.

Also EXPY, to you for recommending subQ so much along the thread. Doing IM in the leg wasn't bothering me at all, but SQ is just as easy and insulin needles are cheaper. It just takes about 30 seconds longer to draw out of the vial.
View Quote

Thank you for the nice comment Cowboy!

You definitely have the ability to think outside the box...

Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:20:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 4:25:00 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#37]

500 x4 is a lot of HcG! I guess if you're worried about baby batter you can't be too light with it though.
View All Quotes
My most recent dosage change puts me at 0.4ml twice a week as well.  I'm also doing 500iu of HCG 4x, the day before and day of the T injections, as I want to keep my fertility up.  No AI as the doctors are following new research that says higher E is better.  I know my E is up as it can get dusty in the room if I watch something sentimental.  I could live without that but it isn't bad enough yet to take an AI.

500 x4 is a lot of HcG! I guess if you're worried about baby batter you can't be too light with it though.

I did 1,000iu x3 per week before on HCG monotherapy. Didn't work. I'm doing 250iu x2 per week now.
Link Posted: 8/3/2016 11:23:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OKnativeson] [#38]

Interesting...

This said, depending on your age and other factors, the circulatory issues may be an EFFECT of low T ---not the cause.

Before any invasive and risky solutions, I'd prefer personally to try  artificially raising my T levelto  see what happens for 6 months...

View All Quotes

the bottom line.

Interesting...

here is the kicker. you make a good point.
when putting together a case for the Insurance Company to approve the $80K procedure, you want all the evidence to point to that corrective action. all of my Drs and I are trying to decide right now to hold off any T replacement until after the procedure or go ahead and start it and see if the issues self correct.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 4:22:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Went and did first blood work with the doc since starting injections. 50mg shot the day before the test put me at 1030. I took my shot on Friday morning and went and did the bloodwork but they called me later that night and said they had screwed up so I need to retest and went back Saturday. Hct was 46, didn't do an e2 test but I'm just going to run that on my own and see if my normal dose is working out.

Normal dose the last month 80mg twice a week, 250 hcg the day before each shot and 1/2mg ai with each shot. After I have my own labs done I can see what that puts me at, no feelings of crashing my e with that much ai but the tests will show where I'm really at. When I donated blood my hct was 48 I believe with this dose, I think their range was 44-54?

Haven't taken a day off work since starting because I felt sick, last few years I swear I'd be sick at least once a month.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 10:58:56 AM EDT
[#40]

View All Quotes

I came across a study on maintaining fertility which I might have posted it here at one point.  The results of it were at 250iu 4x a week there was something like a 7% decrease in sperm count and with 500iu there was a 14% increase.  They tried smaller doses all of which had a much larger down side.  So I could get by with 250iu but HCG is fairly cheap and I want to be at my peak.

It is possible to go too heavy with the dose, it over loads the receptors and they start to shutdown.  There isn't any specific number on it but it is over 2000iu a week.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 11:00:39 AM EDT
[#41]

I did 1,000iu x3 per week before on HCG monotherapy. Didn't work. I'm doing 250iu x2 per week now.
View All Quotes

Yeah, there is only so much up side that HCG can provide.  The largest T increase that I've seen with it was an increase of 80 but that wasn't a monotherapy either.
Link Posted: 8/4/2016 2:35:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SMRT] [#42]
well..  that was easy .
Anas trozole  ( liquid )
lets see how long it takes to get here.

Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:21:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quick question that was likely answered in the other 233 pages buuuuuuuut...

I recently got my test. test results back after suspecting potentially low levels.  What kind of a doctor do you go to for this?  I doubt this is something the NP or PA-C handles at the local walk-in clinic.
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cowboy] [#44]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 6:56:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Yeah, I may let the AI go for awhile. I crashed my E earlier this year, and have no desire to repeat that again.

Also EXPY, to you for recommending subQ so much along the thread. Doing IM in the leg wasn't bothering me at all, but SQ is just as easy and insulin needles are cheaper. It just takes about 30 seconds longer to draw out of the vial.
View Quote

How long did it take to feel normal again?

Did it make your face and shoulders feel hot?
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/5/2016 8:37:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: EXPY37] [#48]
Regarding T-C administration needles...

25 ga or so needles are cheap by the case on ebay, etc.,  and fit insulin syringes fine.

Fast to load [~35 seconds depending on temp, length and dose] and perfect for SQ injection.

Buy the cheapest BD and other good brands you can find

Don't be put off if they aren't 1/2 inch, any longer length is fine, just stick it in ~1/2 inch.

You can clip the length of the needle shroud to make a 'spacer' to adjust how far the needle goes in. This works for SQ or IM...

Link Posted: 8/6/2016 8:25:54 AM EDT
[#49]

Weeks, man. 3-4 at least and that was with a big T dose doing its thing. I should have taken some better notes on the labs and what felt like what and when.

I didn't have anything feel hot. If my HCT is high I feel be a little flushed/hot feeling randomly. That's usually my back though.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PeteCO:

How long did it take to feel normal again?

Did it make your face and shoulders feel hot?

Weeks, man. 3-4 at least and that was with a big T dose doing its thing. I should have taken some better notes on the labs and what felt like what and when.

I didn't have anything feel hot. If my HCT is high I feel be a little flushed/hot feeling randomly. That's usually my back though.

What's weird is usually my joints are very sensitive to low e. I crashed mine all the way down to a 6 and I felt no different this time.
Link Posted: 8/8/2016 3:12:46 PM EDT
[#50]
small update:

took shot #4 Aug 2.

shot 1 was 50mg
shot 2 was 50mg
shot 3 was 50mg
shot 4 was 100mg

lets just say i could not  roll out of bed this morning.
(see pic)

all im gonna say is this ( see pic) ......  and carry on  with  my  wonderful day  

i wasnt  tested for my E..  but  im gonna call it as in range

the next  morning after  shot  #4
http://www.titanui.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/18/Toy-Story-Woody-Layered-PSD-02.jpg

View Quote

how to  say  this..  
meh this thread has it all and it hasnt gone to shit  so  here it goes.

week 4  -  6 days since last  shot.    
shot  5(100mg)  is in 24 hours. . side note ..  no crash/tired feeling  still feel great  on the last  day  

erections are rock  hard  and on demand now.. but
yes there is a but ..

i dont climax / ejaculate

the pros is - I  can go for a significant amount of time longer
cons -    "I" dont finish.

right now I  see it  as making it up to the mrs for times past..

but im  gonna need to get this resolved.  

is it doc time ?  

i still dont know my  "E" numbers
could it have something to do with that  ?  
but  the "woody" is like Iron  at this point.  no cialis/viagra  
( i have the indian versions.. its like that  but  without the need for the pills now )  

im only caught up to page 125 but  wanted to bring this up.

any input on this?

TLDR+
-good erections
-lasts way longer  
-do not climax
-last  day of week 4 TC @ 100mg still feeling great  

Page / 397
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top