BCM
User Panel

John Titor (Page 10 of 56)
Page / 56
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:44:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
What will happen to the power grid? Will we have reliable power in 20 years?
View Quote

The power grid is in much worse shape than people know, there's a huge shortage of engineers and techs that can maintain them as is. You'll know the power grid is going down when the rolling black outs start up. In 20 years it's not reliable.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:47:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Cracker-MF:
Tommy - talk to us about Tesla's future, especially with the battery technology. Also, when do personal air travel vehicles become mainstream?  What can you tell us about the future of biotech?
View Quote

Tesla has a big future and they make much more than cars in the future. Elon Musk is elite and a key player. All air travel is restricted to the federation.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 3:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Howabout the future of video games?
View Quote

There are still video games and it's interesting to play one fighting savages. They are used to train federation soldiers also.
Link Posted: 3/29/2015 7:41:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Tommy, a couple questions from a few earlier posts in this thread:

1: You mentioned that Birmingham’s citizens join the federation and then follow with Birmingham no longer exists….  What do you mean by ‘no longer exists….’?  Have the people left and the city is still there or does it get vaporized?

2. When you say the ‘federation chose me…’; did they force you to join the federation, choose you to go on a mission or something else?

3. Steve Irwin – you said he’s a good one to remember.  Will he be back or did he already come back?

Thanks Tommy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:30:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Somebody had mentioned video games and I gave kind of a broad answer but I thought about it and decided I would give yall a little insight on this matter. It's kind of hard to believe what I am going to say but it's true and I know there are going to be people to refute it here but just listen to me...

There is a technology in 2048 that is known as IVR (immersive virtual reality) that dominates life as we know it. It's how we train soldiers and it's we how spend a lot of our free time. It allows people to live in alternate realities and do all of the things a person would normally never do. It's also hailed as one of the greatest inventions because crime and a whole host of other social problems decline dramatically.  A major social media website is developing this now...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 9:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:01:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tommy101:
Somebody had mentioned video games and I gave kind of a broad answer but I thought about it and decided I would give yall a little insight on this matter. It's kind of hard to believe what I am going to say but it's true and I know there are going to be people to refute it here but just listen to me...

There is a technology in 2048 that is known as IVR (immersive virtual reality) that dominates life as we know it. It's how we train soldiers and it's we how spend a lot of our free time. It allows people to live in alternate realities and do all of the things a person would normally never do. It's also hailed as one of the greatest inventions because crime and a whole host of other social problems decline dramatically.  A major social media website is developing this now...
View Quote

I think I saw that episode of Southpark, too.
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:03:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By clindt:
I think I saw that episode of Southpark, too.
View Quote

Thank you for calling customer service...
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 10:29:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Interesting thread. Tommy, regarding Arkansas and the poison water scenario: Do people die from just drinking the water, or does coming in contact with it spread illness? For example washing clothes in it or using it to bathe?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 11:40:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ARfanboy] [#10]
Explain how medical imagery is different in 2048 than 2015.  How are your learned skills in 2048 applied on what must be antique machines in 2015.  What tasks related to your job do you perform today that are obsolete and/or no longer needed in 2048.  Give us a theory overview of QSM (Quantitative susceptibility mapping).  Flesh it out for us in more than one sentence.

Explain in layman's terms how synthetic food is made in the future.  You said the founder receives a Nobel peace prize.  What company pioneers the process?  What are the raw inputs synthetic food requires?

If currency is all digital in the future, "bitcoin is banned", and "the federation decides what percentage you take with you..."  Explain how you converted your wealth from a non-existent digital currency of the future into physical dollars today?

Other than your pickup truck, did you bring back any future mementos that you could post a picture of perhaps an object that would not be recognizable in present day.  I believe John Titor posted insignia from his uniform.

You have stated in the past replies, "Yes I do have rules and guidelines" but have never elaborated on them.  What are those rules and guidelines for the type of questions you will not answer?  You stated, "Time travel guardians enforce many codes" and since violating them would be a grave offense, you should each one should be easy to recite.  Enumerate them please

Per your words, "Elite class citizens granted one way trips with federation approval and extensive training."  As a 3rd generational time-traveler, what drills or scenarios did your training cover?  What is the most likely, catastrophic event that you train for and explain how your training mitigates the risk from that event.

Recent news reported the Large Hadron Collider will soon be operating at 13 Tev.  Your words, "In 2018 there is a significant breakthrough and discovery. A threshold was breached at 21 Tev energy particle collisions"  What discovery is made? Is this the year CERN is able to create worm holes? Are manufactured wormholes a prerequisite for time travel? If so, what is the process for enlarging them?

How are we able to configure or set time and location parameters for time travel?

What ubiquitous items of the now become collectible antiques in the future?

Do any 2015 major world events occur between or after the 3rd (April 4, 2015) and 4th (September 28th, 2015) total lunar eclipses.   Has this event or will this event have significance for Israel in world history?  What other country is involved?  Is John Kerry able to broker a successful peace agreement between Israel and Palestine before the end of 2015?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 2:41:05 PM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

Kind of like the holodeck from Star Trek?  Though it's not interactive with your own physical body but a perceived body that you feel once you're put under?  How long until this technology starts to rear its head?
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:40:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boogie77:
Interesting thread. Tommy, regarding Arkansas and the poison water scenario: Do people die from just drinking the water, or does coming in contact with it spread illness? For example washing clothes in it or using it to bathe?
View Quote

From drinking the water
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:41:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Blain:

Kind of like the holodeck from Star Trek?  Though it's not interactive with your own physical body but a perceived body that you feel once you're put under?  How long until this technology starts to rear its head?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

It's rearing its head right now!
Link Posted: 3/30/2015 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Tommy, have you had other discussions with people regarding the future outside of these threads?  Also, as a time traveler, are you able to pursue a wife?  Or would that mess with the time line?

Link Posted: 3/31/2015 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Tommy, have you had other discussions with people regarding the future outside of these threads?  Also, as a time traveler, are you able to pursue a wife?  Or would that mess with the time line?

View Quote

Yes I have but not nearly as in depth or or detailed as this discussion. You are can have a wife if you want but you won't ever father a biological child because you are sterilized before you time travel. It is against regulation to adopt a child also. You can have a pet though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2015 10:30:21 AM EDT
[#17]

View All Quotes

But when does it get good, IE can't tell the difference between that and real life, and mainstream available?
Link Posted: 4/1/2015 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#18]

But when does it get good, IE can't tell the difference between that and real life, and mainstream available?
View All Quotes

That's subjective but in 2048 you can't hardly tell the difference and there are alerts put in place to remind people they are in virtual reality.
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 8:57:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Bump!
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 9:01:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/6/2015 11:04:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: fiver] [#21]
It has always been bernstain.
It's a psychological thing.  Like if you type the the in a sentence and you read it quickly you will often not notice the second the.
You look at it and your brain just assumes Bernstien because that is how you think it should be.
I have a very clear memory of being a small child and noticing the "a" and thinking that is was a bizarre spelling.  I have a friend who can't type the word "like".  He spells it as liek.  He knows how it is spelled.  He is not dyslexic.  If he writes it down on paper he spells it right.  100% of the time he types it he types it wrong and even when he reads it back he usually skips past and reads it as like.
How many people in the world (and on this forum) can't even handle simple things like to and too or site and sight.  Very easy to get folks riled up about Bernstien.
Another newsflash -- Johnny Carson never told Zsa Zsa to take the cat off her lap so he could pet her pussy.  I know older people who swear to this day they saw it live.

Link Posted: 4/7/2015 2:11:34 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By fiver:
It has always been bernstain.

It's a psychological thing.  Like if you type the the in a sentence and you read it quickly you will often not notice the second the.

You look at it and your brain just assumes Bernstien because that is how you think it should be.

I have a very clear memory of being a small child and noticing the "a" and thinking that is was a bizarre spelling.  I have a friend you can't type the word "like".  He spells it as liek.  He knows how it is spelled.  He is not dyslexic.  If he writes it down on paper he spells it right.  100% of the time he types it he types it wrong and even when he reads it back he usually skips past and reads it as like.

How many people in the world (and on this forum) can't even handle simple things like to and too or site and sight.  Very easy to get folks riled up about Bernstien.

Another newsflash -- Johnny Carson never told Zsa Zsa to take the cat off her lap so he could pet her pussy.  I know older people who swear to this day they saw it live.

View Quote

Let them believe
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#23]
2016 is going to be interesting....
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:00:40 PM EDT
[#24]
I do have to admit that after reading this thread I no shit believed Louie Anderson had been dead since the early 2000's and it messed with me a little bit.

I pretty clearly remember him dying (and no, I'm not confusing him with Farley or Candy.  I have too much respect for those guys to confuse them with Anderson)

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:29:10 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 3:30:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember that!  Damn that was a long time ago.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:14:36 PM EDT
[#27]
tell me more!!!!
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By hanker71:
tell me more!!!!
View Quote

Tell us ANYTHING specific.  Yeah, that'll happen ... not!

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By SoCalJBT:

View All Quotes
tell me more!!!!

You noticed that too, huh.

ARFanboy had a great set of questions, and Tommy didn't answer a one of them. He responded (vaguely) to some less focused questions in the posts before and after ARFanboy's, but ARFanboy's post was apparently invisible to him.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 9:55:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Haters gonna hate, tommy - don't let em get you down.

Tell us about this head transplant I'm reading about in the other thread - do they become routine medical procedures? What medical technologies or advancements can you tell us about?
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:10:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By HeavyMetal:
The whole problem with this Bearenstein-Bearenstain thing is if the timeline was corrupted, no body would know, it would always be the same way to them.
View Quote

Plenty of people remember Bogart saying "play it again Sam", Cagney saying "you dirty rat" and Palin saying that she could see Russia from her porch.

False memories aren't all that uncommon.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:14:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Rem700PSS:
Great.  You guys scared Tommy off
View Quote

Don't worry, he told me tomorrow that he'll be back yesterday.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

Ok... And then you log off?

Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:31:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moon-Watcher] [#34]
View All Quotes

Really?  Do tell.  I mean, REALLY tell us this time - or go away.

Who are the parties' nominees for president?

Who wins?

Who are the notable dignitaries / celebrities who die this year and next?

When is the next BIG terrorist attack?  What country does it happen in, and who did it?

How about a nice, big stock tip...

Don't worry, Tommy, you already told us we can't change the future here:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1582943__ARCHIVED_THREAD____I_m_from_the_future_ask_me_anything.html&page=2

Drink and be Merry don't worry about the future you can't change it, enjoy the good times with your family and friends.

So, no more nonsense about timelines - you dug your heels in and claimed that nothing can change the future, all while violating what we all understand to be the "butterfly effect" with your mere presence and (vague) prognostications.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:31:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By America-first:

Plenty of people remember Bogart saying "play it again Sam", Cagney saying "you dirty rat" and Palin saying that she could see Russia from her porch.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By America-first:
The whole problem with this Bearenstein-Bearenstain thing is if the timeline was corrupted, no body would know, it would always be the same way to them.

You kind of proved a point. People who aren't terribly good at paying attention may remember those things, but most of us know it was Tina Fey.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:42:19 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes
tell me more!!!!

Some of yall just don't get it... Time travel has rules and regulations and I'm already going out on a limb. I can't give specific dates and events but if your smart you can put stuff together, read between the lines and figure it out. Sorry I'm not Burger King and you can't have it your way..
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:53:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Some of yall just don't get it... Time travel has rules and regulations and I'm already going out on a limb. I can't give specific dates and events but if your smart you can put stuff together, read between the lines and figure it out. Sorry I'm not Burger King and you can't have it your way..
View Quote

Tommy, your internal inconsistencies have done you in.  It's over - time to go back to your gamer forums and try this on the kids.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:55:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HeavyMetal] [#38]
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:14:18 PM EDT
[#39]

If this is a parallel reality like you claim, it is already different than your original one and your rules no longer apply.
View Quote

Oh, look, he immediately turned tail and ran back to his "parallel universe."

Or maybe he had to go with his mom to the pharmacy to pick up his psych meds.

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Or maybe we're just enjoying a fun thread?

Nah, interwebs is serious business!
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 1:27:22 AM EDT
[#41]
It sure is

Link Posted: 4/9/2015 7:17:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By operatorerror:
Or maybe we're just enjoying a fun thread?

Nah, interwebs is serious business!
View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#43]

View All Quotes

If this is a parallel reality like you claim, it is already different than your original one and your rules no longer apply.

I already explained divergent timeline percent rates. There is very little different on this timeframe divergent percent rate. Theres around a .5-1.5% divergence rate at this point so I'm not altering the timeline as a whole.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:23:51 AM EDT
[#44]
The other day I was on my porch and it was a warm sunny day with nice breeze blowing when I looked off in the distance and I saw black clouds and flicks of lightning and the distant rumbles of thunder and I could'nt help but think about the current situation in this country. Here we are on our porches looking off into the distance and the black clouds are there and coming our way. What people don't know is that this isn't any ordinary storm..... This is a cat 5 and your right in the crosshairs.

It seems like a sizable number of people are picking up on the warning signs and can sense that something is different. There is a primeval gut instinct of survival instilled in us. With some people this instinct is very strong and with others it's very weak or almost non existent.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 11:48:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Cracker-MF:
Haters gonna hate, tommy - don't let em get you down.

Tell us about this head transplant I'm reading about in the other thread - do they become routine medical procedures? What medical technologies or advancements can you tell us about?
View Quote

Here's a  bit of advice: don't get a head transplant unless u wanna die or be a quadriplegic being fed through a tube. In theory you could make someone "live" indefinitely. There's something to be said about quality of life.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:58:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moon-Watcher] [#46]

I already explained divergent timeline percent rates. There is very little different on this timeframe divergent percent rate. Theres around a .5-1.5% divergence rate at this point so I'm not altering the timeline as a whole.
View All Quotes

No, junior, you blew it, and you know it.  This new mumbo-jumbo doesn't account for your initial comment:

Drink and be Merry don't worry about the future you can't change it, enjoy the good times with your family and friends.

You're cooked.  Go away.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:42:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Captain_Morgan] [#47]

No, junior, you blew it, and you know it.  This new mumbo-jumbo doesn't account for your initial comment:

You're cooked.  Go away.
View All Quotes

You're cooked.  Go away.

Aren't you just the most clever.  I bet you were quick to point out that movies like Inglorious Basterds are fiction as well.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 3:57:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Moon-Watcher] [#48]
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:

Aren't you just the most clever.  I bet you were quick to point out that movies like Inglorious Basterds are fiction as well.
View All Quotes

You're cooked.  Go away.

If by clever, you mean that I was able to find a completely inconsistent statement made by our resident basement-dwelling, pretend time traveler, then yes. He screwed up.  Maybe he can register another account and be more careful next time.  Even better, he can jump back in time and edit his post to say that you can change the future.  Then we'd be arguing that in "another timeline" he said the future couldn't be changed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#49]
My point is that you're taking this more seriously than anyone else in the thread.
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 4:13:59 PM EDT
[#50]
My point is that you're taking this more seriously than anyone else in the thread.
View Quote

Or, maybe I'm a real time traveler who is getting ticked off at the fraud.
Page / 56
John Titor (Page 10 of 56)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top