Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2024 7:49:14 PM EDT

For those who don’t remember this wet blanket that would make Marge Simpson look like Tommy Lee
This enemy of fun never saw a “violent video game” he didn’t want banned, tried to get the MTV show “Jackass” pulled off the air, but wait, it’s gets worst!

He opposed any sort of protection of the 4th Amendment, voted for the Patriot Act (based on a bill wrote by Biden) and sponsored countless bills to require a back door into every PC and a copy of the master encryption key to all software sold in America, never saw a bill to restrict Freedom of Speech all the while hiding behind “preventing “hate speech””.

A man who demanded we send billions to protect other countries but refused to fund a border wall or limit immigration in any capacity.
https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/53278/joe-lieberman/40/immigration

He loved to wave the flag of patriotism when he pushed for the Iraq war and demanded we waste more blood and treasure in more pointless, avoidable Middle East wars but never hesitated to call people “extremisms” or “racists” for not wanting to continue doing this disastrous course of action.
And to his death still claims the world is better off AFTER the Iraq war. Going so far as to claim we “didn’t remember the events properly” as the gaslighting bastard tries to spew more lies

And who could forget his pathological hatred of the Second Amendment? It’s ok for him to be armed or have armed security but you and I are less deserving of such protection as we are not the “enlightened chosen” these walking affronts to sentience wrongful believe themselves to be.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/27/joe-lieberman-2000-vice-presidential-nominee-obit-033980

So as the old guard pass from this mortal coil and face the judgement of God, let us speak honestly of the dead, and if speaking the truth is considered “speaking ill” who is to blame? People for speaking the truth or for the wicked for living such a life?

Proverbs 11:10 When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy

Your thoughts?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ezekiel 33:11

Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#2]
We know.

But I still enjoy hearing it.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:53:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Good riddance.  What trash replaces him?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Riter:
Good riddance.  What trash replaces him?
View Quote

As a lobbyist and behind the scenes power broker? I'm hoping Patrick Bateman.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#5]
can i get a coke?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#6]
New trilogy of death started.  Please let this be all politicians!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:19:06 PM EDT
[#7]
He was a rat but present day Democrats are way worse.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Didn’t he switch to Republican?
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:26:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 9divdoc:
Ezekiel 33:11

Say to them, ‘As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign LORD, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live. Turn! Turn from your evil ways! Why will you die, people of Israel?’
View Quote

Pearls before swine.
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 11:57:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Wasn't he the guy McCain wanted as VP?
View Quote

Yes he was.

And no I don't think he switched to Republican. He became an "independent Democrat" after he lost a primary challenge but won the election.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Honestly, I have no joy in this.

He, far an old school Dem, was one of the good guys.
Did I agree with him on most things? Not at all.

But, he was intellectually honest (mostly) and still loved America.
One of the last of the America loving Dems. RIP.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:20:06 AM EDT
[#13]
I was stationed in CT when he first got into politics, said right then and there he was nothing but trouble for the country.....and I was right.

There are a few deaths I will celebrate, his is one of them. Good riddance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#14]
I read far too few obits for the enemies of America, but I do enjoy them all. I had a Coke tonight in honor of his passing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:54:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Well, bye
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:59:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: GI-45] [#16]
Originally Posted By Drsalee:
Didn't he switch to Republican?
View Quote

No, independent. Still mostly caucused with the Dems, I believe.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:20:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Joe Lieberman was a decent man. While I didn't agree with a lot of his political beliefs, he held to his principles.

Many of us here criticize politicians for toeing the party line or being afraid to take a stand.  He did that.

He caucused with the Democrats as it suited him politically. I would have preferred he chose our side (goodness and light) instead.

He didn't.  Still, I respected both the man and his decisions.

I can't even imagine the shit he waded through in order to keep that (I) political identity.

RIP Mr. Lieberman.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:52:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:13:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Number0neGun:
Good.
View Quote

This. Rot in hell for what you helped do to the country. Rotten SOB.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:51:48 AM EDT
[#20]
Fuck him, a good democrat is a dead one.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:12:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:18:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: s707bw] [#22]
I didn't realize he had been out of the Senate for as long as he had.

Now if we can get Bernie Sanders to join him, that would be great.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Wasn't he the guy McCain wanted as VP?
View Quote

Yeah he was, all more reason to say fuck John McCain.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:22:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:
Joe Lieberman was a decent man. While I didn't agree with a lot of his political beliefs, he held to his principles.

Many of us here criticize politicians for toeing the party line or being afraid to take a stand.  He did that.

He caucused with the Democrats as it suited him politically. I would have preferred he chose our side (goodness and light) instead.

He didn't.  Still, I respected both the man and his decisions.

I can't even imagine the shit he waded through in order to keep that (I) political identity.

RIP Mr. Lieberman.
View Quote

So your ok with the fact he would shut down your ability to speak freely online, import as many violent criminals from the third world into your city and then strip you have your ability to defend yourself?

Name one issue he didn’t toe the line in? Name me one.

This man would send jack booted thugs to murder you for not submitting to his evil designs and you think him a good man for it?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:42:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Florida voting in 2000 aside, he would have told NORAD to stand down on 9/11.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 5:29:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Ok….
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:02:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Dagoth-Ur:

So your ok with the fact he would shut down your ability to speak freely online, import as many violent criminals from the third world into your city and then strip you have your ability to defend yourself?

This man would send jack booted thugs to murder you for not submitting to his evil designs and you think him a good man for it?
View Quote

this...

it's kind of like the useful idiots who say "I don't care what he did, Jimmy Carter was a good man"
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:07:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By pale_pony:

this...

it's kind of like the useful idiots who say "I don't care what he did, Jimmy Carter was a good man"
View Quote
But he carried his own luggage!  (that were reportedly empty props)

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Great News!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:39:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
But he carried his own luggage!  (that were reportedly empty props)

View Quote

Jimmy WAS the prop.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 4:41:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By pale_pony:

this...

View Quote

@pale_pony

Read this thread

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Joseph-Lieberman-senator-and-vice-presidential-nominee-dies-at-82/5-2715794/?r=-1&page=2&anc=108508762#i108508762
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:11:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Is he still dead?
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:13:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Again???
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:06:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 3:53:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: blindprophet501] [#35]
Originally Posted By Thugsy:
Fuck him, a good democrat is a dead one.
View Quote
TRUTH. May they all follow suit sooner than later.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:34:36 AM EDT
[#36]

For those who don’t remember this wet blanket that would make Marge Simpson look like Tommy Lee
This enemy of fun never saw a “violent video game” he didn’t want banned, tried to get the MTV show “Jackass” pulled off the air, but wait, it’s gets worst!

He opposed any sort of protection of the 4th Amendment, voted for the Patriot Act (based on a bill wrote by Biden) and sponsored countless bills to require a back door into every PC and a copy of the master encryption key to all software sold in America, never saw a bill to restrict Freedom of Speech all the while hiding behind “preventing “hate speech””.

A man who demanded we send billions to protect other countries but refused to fund a border wall or limit immigration in any capacity.
https://justfacts.votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/53278/joe-lieberman/40/immigration

He loved to wave the flag of patriotism when he pushed for the Iraq war and demanded we waste more blood and treasure in more pointless, avoidable Middle East wars but never hesitated to call people “extremisms” or “racists” for not wanting to continue doing this disastrous course of action.
And to his death still claims the world is better off AFTER the Iraq war. Going so far as to claim we “didn’t remember the events properly” as the gaslighting bastard tries to spew more lies

And who could forget his pathological hatred of the Second Amendment? It’s ok for him to be armed or have armed security but you and I are less deserving of such protection as we are not the “enlightened chosen” these walking affronts to sentience wrongful believe themselves to be.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/03/27/joe-lieberman-2000-vice-presidential-nominee-obit-033980

So as the old guard pass from this mortal coil and face the judgement of God, let us speak honestly of the dead, and if speaking the truth is considered “speaking ill” who is to blame? People for speaking the truth or for the wicked for living such a life?

Proverbs 11:10 When the righteous prosper, the city rejoices; when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy

Your thoughts?
View Quote

An awful human being.

But still far better than the evil people pretending Joe Biden is in charge.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:45:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dagoth-Ur] [#37]
Originally Posted By Frank762:

An awful human being.

But still far better than the evil people pretending Joe Biden is in charge.
View Quote

A wet bag of shit is better, still not good to have either 3 of those options in power.
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:49:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By s707bw:
Is he still dead?
View Quote

Well I don’t see Zombies so I will assume yes.
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 6:51:47 AM EDT
[#40]
He’s one of the first politicians I learned to regard with contempt. A video game magazine I read in my preteen years ran an article about his anti-video game violence stance and I was like “you can pry my copy of GTA III from my cold, dead hands.”
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#41]

Your thoughts?
View Quote

Who?
Link Posted: 4/10/2024 7:59:33 AM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Who is that guy from Texas who sent illegals across his state border into another state? I think he was some big Republican guy. I bet he would do it across international lines too.

Republicans toe the line. It’s the requirement of the job. They just can’t seem to get enough power for us to see the real line they would tow. If the republicans could get complete power  it would be crazy. They’d come off with all sorts of off the wall shit.  Exact same as democrats.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top