Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 149
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 6:55:12 PM EDT
[#1]
This one never happened to me but for the sake of the thread.

We live in New Zealand and my aunt lives in New York State, her and my mom Skype each other on a daily basis.

On this particular day my aunt and my mom were on video skype and were chatting away when my mom noticed a man in the doorway behind my aunt, he walked in, stood in the doorway and just looked at the computer my aunt was on as if he was waiting for her to Finish talking so he could say hi to my mom, he then walked away, my mom thinking it was my cousin asked my aunt when Wez got home (My aunt had been left alone at home for a week, her husband was away on business and her 3 kids, my cousins were all away at school, my mom knew this)

Anyway, my aunt is all, WTF, what are you talking about and my mom tells her she though Wez was standing behind her and my aunt says know one is there nor has there been anyone but her at home and then goes on to say how the dog has been going nuts in parts of the house.

That's all, my parents and sister were just over there a few weeks ago and said in one room of the house they felt very uncomfortable, heard things and felt they were being watched, but only in one room
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 6:59:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RAL] [#2]
I just posted this in another thread,  but I thought it would go well in this thread too.

Many years ago I worked with a woman who was a former hippie. A hippie, as in she was at Woodstock and all. I never caught her in a lie, however, I took the following stories with a grain of salt. She said that she was really into the Ouija board when she was a youngster. She claimed that she was so "in tuned" to the board that she and her friends could take their hands off the pointer and it would move by itself. She also said at one time the pointer jump off the table and chased her across the room. She also did a lot of acid, so I think just maybe, that could explain some of it.

Well me being the skeptic, and the smart ass, I stated my belief that it was the better quality of drugs from the sixties that was to blame. To combat my disbelief she claimed that she could make a quick Ouija board by drawing one on the desk and making a quick pointer out of a piece of plastic and a paper clip, real Macgyver style. She then proceeded with a demonstration. I can say, that what I saw did kind of surprise me!

Several of us were asking questions, while she and someone else were touching the pointer. Well this was not too convincing. Then another person came into the room and wanted to ask "it" a question. She could not think of a good one, so I came up with the question. It was " When is Sue's husband's birthday?" Sue being the new person who just came into the room. Now nobody knew the answer to this, except Sue. The pointer slid across the desk at a fast speed, with the two people still touching it, and started circling a heart drawn on the other side of the desk. The hippie asked "Valentines day"? The pointer flew back to "yes". We looked up at Sue to see if it was correct. Sue turned pale white and ran out of the room. It was a 1 in 365 chance. "It" got it right.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 10:13:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Okay, here's the story of the most frightened I've ever been:

Summer between my junior and senior year in college.  I was living in my college house in a small town in southern MN.  Three of my housemates were also there that summer.  We mostly spent our time working or getting drunk or trying to get laid.  Typical awesome college summer.  

One particular Thursday evening, we four ambled down to the local bar and drank a few pitchers and ate some hot wings.  Our waitress was my friend Sarah.  Strawberry blonde, blue eyes, 5'2", nice rack.  We had all known her since freshman year so she stood around for awhile, shooting the breeze, whatever.  About 11 or so we packed it in and headed back to our house, saying goodnight to Sarah as we headed out the door.  My buddies all had to work the next day, so they headed off to bed; I worked night shift at the local hospital that summer, so I was used to being up all night.  So I stayed up and watched some TV, figuring I'd fall asleep around dawn, wake up mid-afternoon, and then head to work the following night.  

At about 2am, there was a frame-rattling pounding on our front door and I could hear a woman crying for someone to help her.  Just as I reached the front hallway the door flew open (we never had it locked) and Sarah - our waitress - came running in.  She was in boxers and a t-shirt - no shoes.  She ran to me and grabbed on to me and I could feel her shaking.  My buddies slowly came wandering out of their rooms, wondering what the hell was going on.  

Eventually, the only sort of story we could get out of Sarah was that someone had been in her house that night.  Her housemates were all gone for the summer, so she was living by herself.  We told her she needed to call the police right away, but she got a really weird look and refused.  She wanted us guys to go back to her house and see if anyone was there.  

We armed ourselves as best we could.  I grabbed my Maglite, and my buddies had baseball bats and golf clubs.  We gave Sarah a pair of flip-flops and a sweatshirt and we walked the five blocks to her house.  That's right, she'd run five blocks to our house barefoot. To describe her as freaked out is a bit of an understatement.

When we got to her house, her front door was standing wide open.  She said she thought she'd left it that way when she'd run out.  When we got into the house, at first everything seemed normal.  The rooms were all tidy and clean; no dishes in the sink; no messy laundry on the floors; the windows were down and locked; the air-conditioning was running.  There was no one in the house.  

But then we got to Sarah's bedroom.

My first thought was literally "There was a tornado in here."  Her vertical blinds were bent and twisted into each other.  Her drawers were open, and clothing strewn about the room.  All of her lights were on; her TV was on; her radio was on.  Directly in the middle of her floor was a pile of junk, like someone had dumped a drawer on the carpeting: pens, envelopes, key-chains, junk.  AND IT WAS ALL ARRANGED IN A GEOMETRICALLY PERFECT CIRCLE, about two feet in diameter.  

My buddy Troy said "Let's get the fuck out of here."  

Back at our house, Sarah told us what had happened.  Just thinking of her story now, I've got goosebumps again.  

Sarah's shift ended at 1am.  She'd cleaned her station and then walked back to her house from the bar.  She said she'd made sure all the doors and windows were locked, had climbed into bed, watched a little TV, and then she thought had gone to sleep about 1:45.  She didn't think she slept very long.  

Shortly after falling asleep, Sarah was awakened by a clicking sound.  She sat up in bed when she realized the sound was her vertical blinds clicking off of each other, as if they were blowing in a breeze.  Since she had just checked all the windows, this didn't seem possible.  Then she realized her TV was back on, which she had just shut off.  Strangely, however, there was no picture; just a blank blue screen.  

Then she saw the little girl.  Sarah said she looked like she was about six or seven years old.  The little girl was sitting cross-legged on the floor in the middle of Sarah's bedroom, and at first Sarah thought she was playing with a toy or something on the floor.  Sarah's first reaction wasn't fear; her first thought was that this little girl was sleep-walking or something and had managed to get into the house.  So she said "Honey, are you okay?  Do you know where you are?"

At the sound of Sarah's voice, the little girl looked up - and she had no eyes.  Sarah said she could see through two holes where the little girl's eyes should have been; she could see the room behind her.  Sarah jumped up, ran out of the room, ran out the front door, ran to our house.  She said she came to our house because she had seen us at the bar that night and knew we were home.  

Sarah said that while at first she thought the little girl had been playing with a toy on the floor, she now thought the girl had been arranging her stuff in that circle.  That perfect circle of junk on the carpet was exactly where the little girl had been sitting.  

I've run into Sarah several times in the subsequent years.  College reunions, once at the State Fair.  One of my co-workers is a good friend of hers.  To this day Sarah insists that her story is absolutely 100% true.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Originally Posted By Beleg:

Summer between my junior and senior year in college.  I was living in my college house in a small town in southern MN.  Three of my housemates were also there that summer.  We mostly spent our time working or getting drunk or trying to get laid.  Typical awesome college summer.  

One particular Thursday evening, we four ambled down to the local bar and drank a few pitchers and ate some hot wings.  Our waitress was my friend Sarah.  Strawberry blonde, blue eyes, 5'2", nice rack.  We had all known her since freshman year so she stood around for awhile, shooting the breeze, whatever.  About 11 or so we packed it in and headed back to our house, saying goodnight to Sarah as we headed out the door.  My buddies all had to work the next day, so they headed off to bed; I worked night shift at the local hospital that summer, so I was used to being up all night.  So I stayed up and watched some TV, figuring I'd fall asleep around dawn, wake up mid-afternoon, and then head to work the following night.  

At about 2am, there was a frame-rattling pounding on our front door and I could hear a woman crying for someone to help her.  Just as I reached the front hallway the door flew open (we never had it locked) and Sarah - our waitress - came running in.  She was in boxers and a t-shirt - no shoes.  She ran to me and grabbed on to me and I could feel her shaking.  My buddies slowly came wandering out of their rooms, wondering what the hell was going on.  

Eventually, the only sort of story we could get out of Sarah was that someone had been in her house that night.  Her housemates were all gone for the summer, so she was living by herself.  We told her she needed to call the police right away, but she got a really weird look and refused.  She wanted us guys to go back to her house and see if anyone was there.  

We armed ourselves as best we could.  I grabbed my Maglite, and my buddies had baseball bats and golf clubs.  We gave Sarah a pair of flip-flops and a sweatshirt and we walked the five blocks to her house.  That's right, she'd run five blocks to our house barefoot. To describe her as freaked out is a bit of an understatement.

When we got to her house, her front door was standing wide open.  She said she thought she'd left it that way when she'd run out.  When we got into the house, at first everything seemed normal.  The rooms were all tidy and clean; no dishes in the sink; no messy laundry on the floors; the windows were down and locked; the air-conditioning was running.  There was no one in the house.  

My first thought was literally "There was a tornado in here."  Her vertical blinds were bent and twisted into each other.  Her drawers were open, and clothing strewn about the room.  All of her lights were on; her TV was on; her radio was on.  Directly in the middle of her floor was a pile of junk, like someone had dumped a drawer on the carpeting: pens, envelopes, key-chains, junk.  AND IT WAS ALL ARRANGED IN A GEOMETRICALLY PERFECT CIRCLE, about two feet in diameter.  

Back at our house, Sarah told us what had happened.  Just thinking of her story now, I've got goosebumps again.  

Sarah's shift ended at 1am.  She'd cleaned her station and then walked back to her house from the bar.  She said she'd made sure all the doors and windows were locked, had climbed into bed, watched a little TV, and then she thought had gone to sleep about 1:45.  She didn't think she slept very long.  

Shortly after falling asleep, Sarah was awakened by a clicking sound.  She sat up in bed when she realized the sound was her vertical blinds clicking off of each other, as if they were blowing in a breeze.  Since she had just checked all the windows, this didn't seem possible.  Then she realized her TV was back on, which she had just shut off.  Strangely, however, there was no picture; just a blank blue screen.  

Then she saw the little girl.  Sarah said she looked like she was about six or seven years old.  The little girl was sitting cross-legged on the floor in the middle of Sarah's bedroom, and at first Sarah thought she was playing with a toy or something on the floor.  Sarah's first reaction wasn't fear; her first thought was that this little girl was sleep-walking or something and had managed to get into the house.  So she said "Honey, are you okay?  Do you know where you are?"

At the sound of Sarah's voice, the little girl looked up - and she had no eyes.  Sarah said she could see through two holes where the little girl's eyes should have been; she could see the room behind her.  Sarah jumped up, ran out of the room, ran out the front door, ran to our house.  She said she came to our house because she had seen us at the bar that night and knew we were home.  

Sarah said that while at first she thought the little girl had been playing with a toy on the floor, she now thought the girl had been arranging her stuff in that circle.  That perfect circle of junk on the carpet was exactly where the little girl had been sitting.  

I've run into Sarah several times in the subsequent years.  College reunions, once at the State Fair.  One of my co-workers is a good friend of hers.  To this day Sarah insists that her story is absolutely 100% true.

Now that's the kind of story worthy of The Creepy Thread.  Freaky.

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 11:53:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Going to sleep great tonight!

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 1:06:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: palmer] [#6]
Originally Posted By Sleepy1988:
Originally Posted By palmer:
I think I told a few of my "experiences" here before.  This is only one of a few "experiences" I've had at this house AND surrounding land..  The house apparently has a few different spirits/ghosts.

From 1983 to 1987, our family spent the summers at my Grandparents farmhouse in Northern Ireland.  The house was built in 1878 and sits on 600 acres.

This house had four bedrooms upstairs.  All of them were huge, to me anyway.  Two were about 20'X35'.  My whole family slept in one of these large bedrooms, it had five beds in it.  At the back of the bedroom was another room about 5'X10'. At the time was used to store some boxes.  Our first summer at the house;  

This is a farmhouse, with no street lights outside, so when grandfather said "lights out", it was pitch dark.  You could not see a hand in front of you.  One night, we were all sleeping.  I wake up, because I had to do number one.  I stayed in bed, hoping I would just fall asleep, because there was no plumbing in the house.  You had to go to the outhouse to use the bathroom.  So, I was trying to avoid that.  While I'm laying in bed, I hear footsteps on the old wood floor.  Some of the footsteps would make the floor squeak.  Then it would stop.  Shortly later, I hear the door, leading to that small room in the back of the bedroom, open. It had a very distinct noise when it opened or closed.  Right after I hear the door open, I hear the footsteps again.  They sound like they are getting closer to me.  I was in the bed furthest away from that small room.  The footsteps stop.  I don't know how, but I fell asleep.  

I wake up the next morning and told my mother what happened.  She said I was dreaming and not to worry about it.  Later that day, I'm walking past the kitchen and I over hear my mother telling my grandfather what I had said.  They both see me and stop talking.

Time for bed again.  Once again, I wake up.  I hear the exact same thing again.  The back door opens, and footsteps walk towards me.  This time, they walked back towards that small room and I hear the door open and close again.  This happened three times.  The forth time, I hear the door open, I hear the footsteps and then they seem to stop at my bed.  I then feel my bed move, as if someone sat on the edge of it.  I feel my blanket tighten on my feet.  At this point, I'am petrified.  A few seconds later, I feel the bed move, my blanket loosens up around my feet,  I hear the footsteps and then the door open and close.   I then dove for the light switch, breaking my toe on the edge of the bed footboard, thereby waking the whole house up.

It was not until later that day that my grandfather explained something to me.   Apparently, I had an uncle that died of an aneurysm at the age of ten.  My grandfather explained that I was not the only one that has heard the footsteps and door opening.  He said it happens a lot and that the family believes it is my uncle and he means no harm.  His bed sat in the same spot as the bed I was sleeping in.  That small room in the back of the bedroom was his playroom.  So, my mother knew all about it, before I even told here.  She use to hear it when she was a child.

Here is a pic of the house.  The bedroom is on the second floor, on the right hand corner.  You can see on the first floor, there is a room, above it is just a flat roof.  There was once a room where the flat roof is, but they knocked it down because of some violent paranormal stuff that went on in there.  In March of 1919, the IRA stormed the house and killed one adult and one child in that room.  That was under the previous owner.

http://i51.tinypic.com/14bebn.jpg

Do you have any idea on the specifics of what happened there?  Would you feel comfortable sharing that info if you have it?

Sorry dude, didn't see your question until now.

In regards to my Uncle bedroom.  All accounts are from my mother, aunt and grandfather.  My grandmother refused to speak about it and would leave if someone was talking about the room.  

The most prevalent thing that would happen is, the bed and bed frame would slap up and down on the floor.  So much so, the metal frame left dents all over the wood flooring.  Other things explained to me were, violent banging on walls and door.  Remember, no indoor plumbing, so it was not pipes banging inside walls.  The drawers were left on top of the bed.  They would often find the chest of drawers facing the wall.

On one summer visit, I was walking through the "sitting" room and a glass candle holder flew directly in front of me(from the fireplace mantel) and broke on the wall.  It was so much force, that only tiny fragments of the glass were on the floor.

Some of the stuff going on in the house, my grandfather believed, was not only my Uncle, but others as well.  You can't see it in the pic I posted, but in the next field, to the right, there was a bolder used for beheadings during the 1600's.   The bolder is still in the field.  I did have some picture of it.  I will try and dig some up and post them.

ETA pic again;

Link Posted: 10/26/2011 2:20:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:39:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Two additional details regarding Sarah's story:

1 - All of her roommates agreed the house was haunted.  They actually came up with a scheme that year to meet up on campus and go home together each evening after class.  None of them would spend any time in that house alone.  Apparently all kinds of stuff happened, but Sarah was the only one who ever saw the ghost.  

2 - That night was the last time I was ever gun-less in any kind of scary situation, if I could control it.  The next weekend I drove home and brought my Glock 23 down to my college house.  My Glock spent senior year in a lockbox under my dresser.  My buddy Mike (who's now a cop) went home and got his Beretta 12 gauge; kept it behind his bedroom door.  Not sure what good either would have done against a ghost, but it sure made me feel more secure than a Maglite.
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 9:43:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheEngineer] [#9]
I'm the one of two managers for a very small, very private gun club in Texas. I work Saturdays and Sundays, from 8:00 in the morning to official sunset. That means that in the fall season, I can technically leave work as early as 5:30. However, since the weather is so nice, I rarely get to leave when it's still twilight. Oftentimes I'm kept out in the middle of nowhere all by myself at night, doing chores and shutting the range down.

The southern border of the property is comprised of a thick hedge/brambles/brush/partially berms separating our land from the neighbors pasture, with a road leading to the rifle and pistol ranges running directly parallel and adjacent to it. The range house sits on this road ~75-100 yards from the entrance on the west side.

On several occasions while outdoors emptying trash barrels from the trap/skeet fields at night into the dumpster that sits south of the rangehouse, I've had the distinct feeling that something large and intelligent watches me from various positions in the mess that is the edge of the property. I'm never without my hi-cap .45 and 20" lightweight AR with TLR-1 when working at night (just seems reasonable to be armed), so I didn't give it much thought, figuring I was more than a match for whatever it was. (Working at a gun range and shooting constantly will give you that idiot kind of confidence I suppose ) I was never worried, just aware that SOMETHING was out there and conscience of my presence. As long as it left me alone, I was cool with it. But I was ready to deal with it if it came down to it, you know?

Well, last weekend I was out there late again, after a busy day taking care of the place. Glock 30 on my hip, XD .45 tactical in the range house, and my trusty 20 incher slung at the ready with a magful of 55 grain vmax handloads, tuned for the rifle. Fresh batteries in the weapon lights, and thinking about getting back to town to hang out with the GF for a bit before turning in. While walking back from the dumpster with an empty drum liner (we reuse the liners if they are in good shape, we're cheap like that) I noticed something extremely odd.

There were no noises. At all.

Out in the country, there is sort of a constant undertone of activity, especially at night. Bugs doing their thing, small animals doing their thing too, you know what I'm talking about.  It had all stopped. There was just suddenly nothing. That kind of freaked me out a bit and caused me to shift the rifle a little and look over my shoulder, towards the dumpster and tangled bushes of the edge of the property. Nothing. I turned and started walking back towards the range house, extremely perturbed.

And then I saw something that chilled me to the very bone.

Emerging from the darkness and barely visible In the half-light cast from the lights of the rangehouse, I could see a DENSE fog approaching from ground level up into the darkness from the north at a swift walking pace. In seconds it had engulfed me, and at that moment I felt ITS presence. No longer confining itself to the bushes for some reason, whatever it was that watched me was now roaming out and about, and I could somehow feel that it wasn't friendly.

That's the crappiest feeling I've ever had.

The light on my AR would only cut so far through the fog, so I cautiously finished emptying trash barrels and retreated to the relative safety of the rangehouse and locked the door to finish the daily paperwork. The range house is one large room built with large windows all along the front, with a good-sized porch that the old trapshooters like to sit on and argue about trapshooting BS. Lighted from the inside, it's easy to see in but difficult to see out. This did not make me feel any better as my desk faces away from the windows.

I finished up, refilled the refrigerator with Dr. Pepper and water, and gathered up my gear to make a mad dash for my GF's car. I usually ride my motorcycle out there from the city, but it had rained the night before and my GF makes me take her car after a good rain.

Something about me laying the bike down on wet roads or some nonsense like that. Ignore the tank dent. Anyway, I was sure glad to have it so that thing couldn't get me. Long story short, I dashed to the vehicle jumped inside, checked the back seat (), and got the hell out of dodge.

Can't wait to do it all again this weekend.

ETA: I use this face a lot. Get used to it.

ETA2: Told my GF about it that night, and she told of an incident that happened to her and a friend about five years ago. They and the friend's mom were driving down a back road in the same remote area as the range when they saw something BIG leisurely crossing the road. It apparently was on all fours, with a strange halting stabbing kind of walk. She described the back end as being much higher than the front end, the whole creature being extremely stocky and dark. It was completely foreign in appearance to anything they had ever seen before, and these aren't city girls.

I was sure glad she told me about it, hahahaha...

And before you heathens ask, no pics of the GF, GF's friend, or GF's friend's mom, dammit!
Link Posted: 10/26/2011 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheEngineer:
I'm the one of two managers for a very small, very private gun club in Texas. I work Saturdays and Sundays, from 8:00 in the morning to official sunset. That means that in the fall season, I can technically leave work as early as 5:30. However, since the weather is so nice, I rarely get to leave when it's still twilight. Oftentimes I'm kept out in the middle of nowhere all by myself at night, doing chores and shutting the range down.

The southern border of the property is comprised of a thick hedge/brambles/brush/partially berms separating our land from the neighbors pasture, with a road leading to the rifle and pistol ranges running directly parallel and adjacent to it. The range house sits on this road ~75-100 yards from the entrance on the west side.

On several occasions while outdoors emptying trash barrels from the trap/skeet fields at night into the dumpster that sits south of the rangehouse, I've had the distinct feeling that something large and intelligent watches me from various positions in the mess that is the edge of the property. I'm never without my hi-cap .45 and 20" lightweight AR with TLR-1 when working at night (just seems reasonable to be armed), so I didn't give it much thought, figuring I was more than a match for whatever it was. (Working at a gun range and shooting constantly will give you that idiot kind of confidence I suppose ) I was never worried, just aware that SOMETHING was out there and conscience of my presence. As long as it left me alone, I was cool with it. But I was ready to deal with it if it came down to it, you know?

Well, last weekend I was out there late again, after a busy day taking care of the place. Glock 30 on my hip, XD .45 tactical in the range house, and my trusty 20 incher slung at the ready with a magful of 55 grain vmax handloads, tuned for the rifle. Fresh batteries in the weapon lights, and thinking about getting back to town to hang out with the GF for a bit before turning in. While walking back from the dumpster with an empty drum liner (we reuse the liners if they are in good shape, we're cheap like that) I noticed something extremely odd.

There were no noises. At all.

Out in the country, there is sort of a constant undertone of activity, especially at night. Bugs doing their thing, small animals doing their thing too, you know what I'm talking about.  It had all stopped. There was just suddenly nothing. That kind of freaked me out a bit and caused me to shift the rifle a little and look over my shoulder, towards the dumpster and tangled bushes of the edge of the property. Nothing. I turned and started walking back towards the range house, extremely perturbed.

And then I saw something that chilled me to the very bone.

Emerging from the darkness and barely visible In the half-light cast from the lights of the rangehouse, I could see a DENSE fog approaching from ground level up into the darkness from the north at a swift walking pace. In seconds it had engulfed me, and at that moment I felt ITS presence. No longer confining itself to the bushes for some reason, whatever it was that watched me was now roaming out and about, and I could somehow feel that it wasn't friendly.

That's the crappiest feeling I've ever had.

The light on my AR would only cut so far through the fog, so I cautiously finished emptying trash barrels and retreated to the relative safety of the rangehouse and locked the door to finish the daily paperwork. The range house is one large room built with large windows all along the front, with a good-sized porch that the old trapshooters like to sit on and argue about trapshooting BS. Lighted from the inside, it's easy to see in but difficult to see out. This did not make me feel any better as my desk faces away from the windows.

I finished up, refilled the refrigerator with Dr. Pepper and water, and gathered up my gear to make a mad dash for my GF's car. I usually ride my motorcycle out there from the city, but it had rained the night before and my GF makes me take her car after a good rain.

Something about me laying the bike down on wet roads or some nonsense like that. Ignore the tank dent. Anyway, I was sure glad to have it so that thing couldn't get me. Long story short, I dashed to the vehicle jumped inside, checked the back seat (), and got the hell out of dodge.

Can't wait to do it all again this weekend.

ETA: I use this face a lot. Get used to it.

ETA2: Told my GF about it that night, and she told of an incident that happened to her and a friend about five years ago. They and the friend's mom were driving down a back road in the same remote area as the range when they saw something BIG leisurely crossing the road. It apparently was on all fours, with a strange halting stabbing kind of walk. She described the back end as being much higher than the front end, the whole creature being extremely stocky and dark. It was completely foreign in appearance to anything they had ever seen before, and these aren't city girls.

I was sure glad she told me about it, hahahaha...

And before you heathens ask, no pics of the GF, GF's friend, or GF's friend's mom, dammit!

Pics ot GTFO.

Link Posted: 10/27/2011 11:44:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Alright, I’ve been lurking these threads for years. From skinwalkers, to Muddydog’s Bigfoot threads, and all these ghost/creepy ones.  I always find these entertaining. I don’t have many real instances, but here are a couple things that you could consider “creepy” I suppose. I don’t have answers, but I don’t know that what I perceived was supernatural.

First instance:  Back when I was in Jr High (early 90s),  my family moved up to the Twin Cities area.  We rented a house back then, and it was an older house, that backed up to some woods.  Not really that creepy, although there was all sorts weird crap back there that people would dump.  Anyway, my sisters were toddlers, when we first moved, the youngest was 1, the older was 3.  The first year there was fairly uneventful, but about the time my youngest sister became fairly mobile, weird things started happening.  My sister’s doll, which was battery powered, and you needed to press a button for it to talk, would randomly start laughing from the other room while we were all eating dinner, or watching tv.  The first few times it happened, we assumed it was just the batteries going dead, but my step-dad changed them, and we’d make sure the doll wasn’t leaning against anything.  It’d still continue to do it.  I’d have a couple friends over to watch Up All Night on USA (remember that?  Rhonda and Gilbert Gottfried playing B movies every Friday and Saturday night? Awesome),  and that damn doll would start laughing from their playroom.  
The other piece to that story is, my mom, my sisters, myself, and a few people that have been over visiting all would see something out of the corner of our eyes near the stairs that went up to my room and my step-dad’s office.  My mom swears it was a lady, dressed in turn of the century period dress.  I never saw anything clear enough, but I would see what I would describe as a light colored shadow standing there, and then move towards my parents and my sister’s bedroom on the main floor.  Never had a bad feeling about it though.  My mom always assumed it was “her” that was causing the doll to laugh.   We moved out and moved to another suburb, but about 10 years or so ago, they tore all the houses down there, and the woods, and put in townhomes for retirement age people.  

The second instance, happened in 2007.  I was living with a girl at the time.  We had been dating for about 3 years, but I was miserable.  She was a mean spirited, cheating, emotionally stunted person. At the time, I didn’t know about the cheating though.  Anyway, as stated, I was miserable.  I was depressed because I felt stuck in that relationship.  I’ll avoid that conversation for another thread.  So that summer, I was in between jobs.  I was working as a contract employee at the time, jumping from project to project. Usually shorter term stuff, 3-6month gigs.  But from Mid June to the first of August, I was out of work. Nothing popping up, no offers, not really any interviews either.  No worries, I had some money saved up from the last job.  Anyway, because of that, I wouldn’t go to bed until extremely late at night.  That probably didn’t help anything, as it gave me a lot of alone time to sit around late at night, and think about my situation. Jobless, with a miserable girlfriend.   Looking back on it, I really do feel that all the negativity in the house probably is what caused the following.   So right about the beginning of July, I kept having these dreams for a week straight.  I’d crawl into bed, and I could here the hum of the streetlight in the alley behind our duplex.  I’d fall asleep just fine, but wake up in the middle of the night completely covered in sweat.  The dream went like this.   As soon as I’d fall asleep, a shadow would emerge from the trees.  It’d leap from branch to branch and materialize into what I can only describe as impish.  Completely black, sort of had a thin, angular frame, and smaller horns.  It had no eyes. It would continue towards our house until it got to the power line from the alley to our neighbors house. It’d leap from the powerline to the side of our duplex on the wall that the head of our bed was pushed up against, and would either be attempting to get into the house, or would be attacking me through the wall.  I’d usually wake up then.  Our cat would always be staring out the window, but I always figured she was just watching a possum or a rabbit, or some raccoons or something stroll by. That happened frequently.  The dream continued for a week, the same thing every night and then it stopped.   I did have it again that winter of 2007-2008.  Only a couple times. But it was slightly different.  The creature tried harder and would attempt to claw through the stucco to get at my head.  It was infinitely worse as a dream, but as stated, only happened a couple times, and not in a row.  

Take those as you may.
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 12:03:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spade] [#12]
So for  two years my wife (then fiancee) spent most of the week living with my parents (actually my mom, as my dad worked out of state during the week) while she was finishing up college.

I'd told her about some of the weird stuff that happened in my parent's house. Not much stuff, just random weirdness with occasional big incidents: my mom and I have both had our names whispered out of thin air, my sister had her leg grabbed, noises, etc.

Anyway, we were talking about some of my mom's health issues one day and it went like this:

Wife: "...and I know she doesn't sleep well. I used to hear her using the bathroom on the third floor all the time late at night."
Me: "Yeah, uh, what?"
Wife: "When I'd be up late studying I'd hear your mom walking around up there."
Me: "Um, are you forgetting that my mom sleeps on the second floor when my dad isn't home since she doesn't like being on the third floor by herself?"
Wife: "Oh, that's right. Wait, what the hell was I hearing?"

The room above where my wife stayed had an old pool table in it and was set up to be an old style pool room (down the hall from my parent's bedroom). At about 0230 you'd sometimes hear anything from just footsteps to the sounds of people playing pool and muffled conversations. First time I heard it I'd gone up there with a .45 because I'd swore I heard people. I guess either I forgot to tell the wife that one or she forgot I had.

Anyway, it's apparently haunted by a nice older Jewish couple so there isn't really any trouble most of the time.
Link Posted: 10/27/2011 12:34:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I think the creepiest stories ive read on here,and the other creepy thread has been those from train conductors/rail road workers. Anyone got any more stories about working on the tracks,or know where to find any?
Link Posted: 10/28/2011 12:20:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#14]
Originally Posted By vdub14:
I think the creepiest stories ive read on here,and the other creepy thread has been those from train conductors/rail road workers. Anyone got any more stories about working on the tracks,or know where to find any?

A few good ones here.

Railroad Ghost Stories

Keywords "railroad ghosts" or "railroad ghost stories," and Google is your friend.

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Was recently invited to go to a mausoleum after house because "stuff happens there". I would rather not break the law thanks. I would risk a trespassing charge when I was a young teen doing stupid stuff like that, not today.

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#16]
The Baker Hotel, in the town of Mineral Wells, TX....has been claimed by many to be haunted. It is now closed and entrance into it is criminal.....But even looking at it, realizing that in its day, it was one of the largest buildings around, and one of the most luxurious as well. It is well worth the drive out west from DFW. Many film crews and such have gained entrance to it, in order to conduct investigations of paranormal activity. While you do not wanna get caught entering it, if you do, at night it is really scary and some areas leave a feeling of dread happening to you.....I have never seen any activity there, but many have. Including residents of Mineral Wells who claim to ghosts looking out the windows and dancing on the dance floors of this ominous building. A lot of myth surrounding it as well, including that many have bought it, in hopes of restoring it, but when they try to restore it something always happens, which causes construction to cease.

It was originally built for hotel guests to use the naturally occurring medicinal wells that the Native Americans used for treatment of various ailments for many years. Many famous characters, both good and bad have stayed in the hotel. Later, the hotel was used as an old folks home.....and the rumor is that it was closed because all of the residents were going insane there. These are just some of the stories and lore surrounding the Baker Hotel.

Baker Hotel Pics

Official Baker Historic Site

Sometimes the best stories are the ones you find close to home.

-PC-
Link Posted: 10/29/2011 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Over the years I have had a couple strange happenings. In each case is was a blatant occurrence not something you thought happened or had to wonder if it happened. It had been a long time though until about two months ago. When we first bought the house we live in now my kids were very young. One day not long after we moved in my wife was home with two of them. My oldest who was about 6 and the baby who was too young to talk at the time. She was sitting in the living room when a woman's voice called my oldest daughter's name. Loud and clear. My wife said she just didn't know what to think or do. She thought she must have been hearing things. Then my daughter asked her "Who was that?". She heard it too. Very odd.

There have been times in this house when we couldn't find something and looked and looked for it. Then we would find it after a couple days just sitting in plain view. With kids though who knows.

But about two months ago my wife and I were lying in bed watching TV. The older kids were both gone and my youngest was asleep. And then someone walked from the back bedroom, down the hall past the room we were in, and through the front room. We have old, creaky hardwood floors and not only was the floor creaking but you could hear the footsteps. We live in a not so wonderful area. My wife was looking at me wide eyed and I began to breath fire.

My head was spinning because there was no way someone could have done that. Plus they walked past the bedroom door of the room we were in and I didn't see anyone. But, someone had just walked through the house. I acquired a revolver and went directly to my youngest's room. She was sound asleep. I waited to hear them again and get an idea of where the junkie who must have come in through and unlocked door was. But even if that had happened there was no way they could have gotten to the back bedroom past the dog. There was no way to rationalize what happened.

The "walking down the hall" thing lasted about 30-45 seconds. Like I say you could hear the footsteps and the floor creak. Very strange. Very strange.

Link Posted: 10/29/2011 11:06:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By PrivateContactor:
The Baker Hotel, in the town of Mineral Wells, TX....has been claimed by many to be haunted. It is now closed and entrance into it is criminal.....But even looking at it, realizing that in its day, it was one of the largest buildings around, and one of the most luxurious as well. It is well worth the drive out west from DFW. Many film crews and such have gained entrance to it, in order to conduct investigations of paranormal activity. While you do not wanna get caught entering it, if you do, at night it is really scary and some areas leave a feeling of dread happening to you.....I have never seen any activity there, but many have. Including residents of Mineral Wells who claim to ghosts looking out the windows and dancing on the dance floors of this ominous building. A lot of myth surrounding it as well, including that many have bought it, in hopes of restoring it, but when they try to restore it something always happens, which causes construction to cease.

It was originally built for hotel guests to use the naturally occurring medicinal wells that the Native Americans used for treatment of various ailments for many years. Many famous characters, both good and bad have stayed in the hotel. Later, the hotel was used as an old folks home.....and the rumor is that it was closed because all of the residents were going insane there. These are just some of the stories and lore surrounding the Baker Hotel.

Baker Hotel Pics

Official Baker Historic Site

Sometimes the best stories are the ones you find close to home.

-PC-

I've always been intrigued by the Baker since I was a kid. It was a jem in it's day!

If you go over to the pool, there is a set of stairs that takes you down to the pump room. you can gain access to the hotel via an access tunnel at the East end of the room.

Scary as hell at night!!!
Link Posted: 10/30/2011 5:20:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pitz] [#19]
Almost there....
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 9:49:34 AM EDT
[#20]

*snip*

You guys are slipping... Pics of Sarah or BS!
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 8:39:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Lets keep this thing rolling!
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Heres a few.

I have been a paramedic/EMT for around 10 years. We see death all the time and joke about it to ease the tension. Well on one occasion I made a joke that was in really bad taste. After I said it all that night I got this uneasy feeling . While traveling down the interstate and shooting the bullshit with my partner I got this feeling I was being watched. I looked in the rearview mirror  which lets me see into the box of the ambulance through a 2 x 2 hole. I SWEAR TO GOD the dead guys face was right there behind me looking into the cab angled toward me . It looked close enough to bite my fucking ear off. I screamed and almost wrecked the unit squeezing my butt off the seat . I looked backwards doing 70 mph . I switched the lights on in the back and no one was there. We pulled over and I blocked the tunnel for the remainder of the ride.

One night we arrived on the scene of a DOA. I had just a week prior helped save the patient with another member here (zack3g).  Well the guy was obviously dead and we went back to the unit so I could do my paperwork. My partner was freaking out since this was his first time. He was flipping through the radio stations and I got frustrated and jokingly said" put it back on 98.1 so me and dead guy could hear stairway to heaven. I shit you not the song began to play 10 seconds after he switched, My partner looked like he had pissed his pants and then proceeded to burn a pack of smokes about a block down the road

Another DOA scene we arrived to help crime scene move the body at a murder. Once inside with the investigator he was going over the scene while recording. About 10 minutes in the investigator looked at us and said thats not fucking funny. We both looked at him and told him we didnt say anything. He didnt believe us and began counting heads and looking around the house. He whispered to us that someone had said "Go fuck yourself pig" We went outside and confirmed we were the only ones in the home. He played back the tape and sure enough it was there but sounded only a whisper over our background noise . Turns up the investigator had run ins with the victim several years prior and this was the exact phrase the guy had told him when he placed him in the car. Gives me chills to this day.
Link Posted: 11/14/2011 5:34:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
Heres a few.

I have been a paramedic/EMT for around 10 years. We see death all the time and joke about it to ease the tension. Well on one occasion I made a joke that was in really bad taste. After I said it all that night I got this uneasy feeling . While traveling down the interstate and shooting the bullshit with my partner I got this feeling I was being watched. I looked in the rearview mirror  which lets me see into the box of the ambulance through a 2 x 2 hole. I SWEAR TO GOD the dead guys face was right there behind me looking into the cab angled toward me . It looked close enough to bite my fucking ear off. I screamed and almost wrecked the unit squeezing my butt off the seat . I looked backwards doing 70 mph . I switched the lights on in the back and no one was there. We pulled over and I blocked the tunnel for the remainder of the ride.

One night we arrived on the scene of a DOA. I had just a week prior helped save the patient with another member here (zack3g).  Well the guy was obviously dead and we went back to the unit so I could do my paperwork. My partner was freaking out since this was his first time. He was flipping through the radio stations and I got frustrated and jokingly said" put it back on 98.1 so me and dead guy could hear stairway to heaven. I shit you not the song began to play 10 seconds after he switched, My partner looked like he had pissed his pants and then proceeded to burn a pack of smokes about a block down the road

Another DOA scene we arrived to help crime scene move the body at a murder. Once inside with the investigator he was going over the scene while recording. About 10 minutes in the investigator looked at us and said thats not fucking funny. We both looked at him and told him we didnt say anything. He didnt believe us and began counting heads and looking around the house. He whispered to us that someone had said "Go fuck yourself pig" We went outside and confirmed we were the only ones in the home. He played back the tape and sure enough it was there but sounded only a whisper over our background noise . Turns up the investigator had run ins with the victim several years prior and this was the exact phrase the guy had told him when he placed him in the car. Gives me chills to this day.

that's some crazy shit
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 10:11:54 AM EDT
[#24]
someone must have seen something creepy during Thanksgiving with their families  Do tell!

BUMP!
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 12:23:40 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Knivesbatsnewtats:
someone must have seen something creepy during Thanksgiving with their families  Do tell!

BUMP!

Nope, nothing here.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 5:54:57 PM EDT
[#26]
OK... I got a bunch of these...but this one is more recent.

I'm in the northern part of Wisconsin, and about 8 years ago...a man took out his whole family and then himself (Wife 2 kids and him). Shot them all, then himself...real sweet guy. Turned out to be money troubles.

And yes...I document my stories when possible:

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2003-11-27/news/0311270194_1_suicide-note-reichert-left-a-suicide

Anyway...the house is vacant for quite some time, and real estate agents are trying to sell it. Well, everyone knows what happened there...so it doesn't sell.

A man buys the house as a vacation get away and presents it to his wife. She notices that the living room hardwood floors have been redone (to clean up the blood). And she wants to know why just the living room was done and not the floors in the rest of the house. She goes to talk to some local businessmen to redo the rest and they inform her of what happened there. Seems the real estate agent didn't tell them about the murders.

She tells hubby that she is never going back....house is empty to this day.

Here's the creepy part.

I have a friend who lives right next door to this place...moved in after the shootings...never knew the people.  He swears up and down that every once in a while, at night, you hear 5 gunshots and see flashes of light in the house. Even happened one night when the vacation house guy and his wife were over at his house for dinner. Since the couple didn't ask...he didn't bring it up but he always wondered how those people could stay there.

I'm thinking burning the place is a good bet now.

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 3:50:36 AM EDT
[#27]
I really have nothing to add.

However somewhere on this sight I read a story written by someone here. Its soposed to be true. It involves an old farm house ( I think) and a malevolent spirit he incounters. I think the spirt dwelled in a tool room of the farms barn or shed. It had tried to get to him a few times and when it did, it was at night and nobody else in the farm house ever heard it. He ends up "Making Peace" with it, and has encounters with it then throughout is life.. Anyone know where I can find this story?
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 5:20:19 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By firemedic5586:

However somewhere on this sight I read a story written by someone here. Its soposed to be true. It involves an old farm house ( I think) and a malevolent spirit he incounters. I think the spirt dwelled in a tool room of the farms barn or shed. It had tried to get to him a few times and when it did, it was at night and nobody else in the farm house ever heard it. He ends up "Making Peace" with it, and has encounters with it then throughout is life.. Anyone know where I can find this story?

I believe this is the one you are looking for. It starts on page three and continues on. Sorry if the link isn't hot. sweptvolume is the author of the story.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1165902__ARCHIVED_THREAD____I_think_I_am_experiencing_some_paranormal_activity_in_my_house_.html&page=3

Link Posted: 12/3/2011 8:48:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By Pitz:

I believe this is the one you are looking for. It starts on page three and continues on. Sorry if the link isn't hot. sweptvolume is the author of the story.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1165902__ARCHIVED_THREAD____I_think_I_am_experiencing_some_paranormal_activity_in_my_house_.html&page=3

Winner winner chicken dinner... Thanks thats the one... Been looking for it off and on for awhile now....
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#30]

Winner winner chicken dinner... Thanks thats the one... Been looking for it off and on for awhile now....

Just read that story. FREAKY!! Would like to hear more details about it and maybe some closure to the story.
Link Posted: 12/3/2011 12:41:03 PM EDT
[#31]

When my wife and I first moved in together, we were young and poor. She wanted to live in her hometown, but I wanted a place where I could shoot my guns. So we found a trailer for rent on some guy's farm. It was located on a deadend road waaay out in the county. The farmer did not live there, he just kept cattle there, but he rented the two trailers out with part of the deal being me and the guy next to me walked the property a couple times a week. Our trailer was pretty old, but at somepoint in the past the previous owner had built a 10x15 extension to the front of the living room. My wife refused to stay there alone when I was at work (didnt get home til about midnight) According to my neighbor, he didnt know when we were home or not at first, because I had three vehicles, so when he found out my wife left everyday, he was freaked out about what he kept seeing. Apparently after dark, the lights would go on and off in the add on room, and once he saw a person walking in front of the window. He was scared of the place at night, and so was my wife, but it took living there most of the summer before I experienced anything. My wife and I woke up one morning to see her cat staring under our bed and growling. She growled for about 2 minutes and then bolted for the other end of the trailer. The blinds in the add on room would be opened up when we returned home from somewhere, or woke up in the morning, after knowing we closed them. They were the kind you had to pull the string to raise, so its not like they fell open. Her car keys would wind up missing on a regular basis. Ususally they would turn up after a half hour or so, and usually in a place she already looked, like sitting on top of her purse. One day they just couldnt be found, after a couple of hours she got so freaked, that she called her mom to come her get her until I came home from work. Well, they were waiting in the driveway when I got home, and we all walked in together, I saw her keys laying on the kitchen table.

That's been 11 or 12 years ago, my wife never had any unexplained experiences before that, but she thinks something from that place has been following her since. She will occasionally hear footsteps in our hallway, but somewhat frequently she still gets a visit form her ghost cat.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#32]
I basically read this entire thread last night at work (boringly slow night).  Then, I'm driving down a pitch black stretch of road on the way home, thinking about some of the outdoorsy creature stories, driving in mostly silence............then my phone rang and I about shit my pants.

I love these threads.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
I basically read this entire thread last night at work (boringly slow night).  Then, I'm driving down a pitch black stretch of road on the way home, thinking about some of the outdoorsy creature stories, driving in mostly silence............then my phone rang and I about shit my pants.

I love these threads.

Did you answer it?
Could have been a bad idea...

Link Posted: 12/4/2011 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

I love these threads.

Did you answer it?

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/Ohiocruffler/thering.jpg

Yeah.  It was my mom.
Link Posted: 12/4/2011 2:34:20 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Ohio:

I love these threads.

Did you answer it?

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd294/Ohiocruffler/thering.jpg

Yeah.  It was my mom.

Whew, close call!
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 1:07:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By stonewallmp5:
OK my turn. so I'm sleeping and I feel somebody touching my feet at the end of the bed. I wake up and there is somebody standing at the foot of the bed. I suck in a whole lot of air and then I woke up again. It was a dream with in a dream. Couldnt sleep for the rest of the night.

You were having sleep paralysis, I have had it once before as well.

Link Posted: 12/5/2011 2:47:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Balista:
Originally Posted By LuckyDucky:
Originally Posted By Garryowen:
these threads remind me of this... http://www.scp-wiki.net/main

What is that?

Exactly, WTF is that?

http://www.olceoktavia.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/wtf.jpg

Why
So
Serious
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#38]
About  week ago I was in the Pry House at 6 or 7 pm.  This home served as Union HQ for the battle of Antietam.  There were four of us in the house with the lights on, there was also one of my employees lab/visla mix dog.  The dog is a great, mild mannered ball of fun.  

All of the sudden the dog starts growling at the door.  We here voices outside as clear as day.  The other employee (the one without the dog) opens the door and steps out to see who it is.  As soon as opens the door the voices stop.  He walked all around the house and ON ONE!  You can see about 1/4 mile in every direction from the house and NO ONE!  Dog calmed as soon as the door opened as well.  Still creeps me out.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#39]
I used to have vivid nightmares during my second year after transferring to a university. I was sleeping on the dorm couch one night (my roommate was a slob and a schizo), and I had this horrible nightmare about a person I can only describe as having suffered 3rd degree burns trying to kill me.

A few nights later I fell asleep on the couch again.

I awoke to the room being very dark almost like a cloud of black smoke was obscuring everything, Across the coffee table was this persons face glaring back at me...it was horribly burned with most of the skin gone with the teeth exposed in a horrible grimace. The face had glassy clouded eyes that were staring right into mine.

I couldn't move anything except for my foot and took very short breaths,

The more I struggled the more I regained movement, I immediately remembered what I had read earlier on arfcom about sleep paralysis and how hallucinations happen during it.

While struggling I heard my other roommate (one who was actually a friend of mine) yell out "YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP, SAM!"

It was like a jolt of electricity was sent through my body and I shot fully up. Checked everything in the apartment...my roommate was fast asleep and no one had been inside.

Sleep paralysis occurs when you do not have enough sleep and have significant amounts of stress, I chalked it up to that and have not had it since.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 3:47:01 PM EDT
[#40]
I've never had anything really that weird happen to me, but here's my small contribution:

When I was about 12-13ish, I was home alone, sitting on the couch watching TV one night.  The dog was on my lap, passed out.  To my left was the stairway down to the kitchen.  I heard an unfamiliar woman's voice call out my dog's name; Petie.  But she dragged it out, as in "Peeeetiiiiiie".  My dog shot up out of his sleep, jumped on the ground and stood at the top of the stairway looking down to the bottom.  I didn't immediately go check things out, but when I did make it down there, no one was there and the back door was locked.

Same house, roughly around the same year, IIRC:  My sister is home alone, jumped in the shower, and a little while afterwards, hears my mom's voice call to her.  She yells back that she'll be out soon.  Comes out a little bit later, assuming our mom had come home.  But she hadn't.  She asked her later about it, and my mom had no idea what she was talking about.  My mom isn't really a joker in this sort of way.

I'm not sure how old the house was that we lived in, but it was part of a community where a lot of IBM workers lived way back in the day (this was in Endicott, NY, where IBM was started).

My girlfriend cannot for the life of her muster up a good burp.  One random day, I was trying to coach her on how to make yourself to burp.  She's never been able to get passed an infant-like burp.  How is this relevant to a creepy story thread, you ask?   Well I had just gotten home from work one day a couple months ago, and jumped in the shower.  She wouldn't be home for another few hours.  While in the shower, I hear the door open, and then what sounds like a small burp.  I was faced to the back of shower, shaving in the mirror hanging in there, so I didn't actually see the door open, but I heard it clear as day.  Assuming my girl had gotten out of work early, I jokingly say "You been practicing??", because it was slightly louder than her norm.  No answer, and then I hear the door close.  I get out a few minutes later, and she's not home.  She calls when she gets out of work at the normal time, and I tell her what happened.  She never got out early and didn't come home.  So either I'm crazy or this apartment has a gassy ghost.
Link Posted: 12/5/2011 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By lafmedic1:
Heres a few.

98 Rocks?  Sorry to derail...
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By WhirlyGirl45:
Originally Posted By FP2000H:
Here's a doozy for you.

In my freshman year of high school, I developed a keen fascination with the occult. I moved in circles beyond my years and a practicing occultist took me in under his wing. It was interesting.

During my novitiate period, I was given an artifact to wear. It was an inverted crucifix of ornate design with a loop integrated at the tip of the crucifix. Through this loop passed a leather strap and this artifact was around my neck all the time.

One night, my older half brother has a little too much to drink and starts roughing me around. We're out in public off a side street walking home from the arcade. He grabs the crucifix and rips it from my neck throwing it down to the ground. I heard it clatter against the side of the curb. We had been out a little late and my dad just so happened upon the scene as he was out driving looking for us. He piled me and my younger brother into the car as my older, drunk half-brother stormed off into the night.

When I got home, I went to my room to compose myself. I was livid over what had happened. As I shambled about in the room, I very quickly discovered the leather strap around my neck. I was surprised, to say the least, as I expected the leather strap to have broken when the amulet was ripped away. The next logical step was that the integrated loop had broken being the weakest point in the construction of the design. When I inspected the crucifix, it was intact in its entirety.

I would not hesitate to put that amulet in the category of a power object. My benefactor was never clear with me as to its origins.

It's not a "creepy" story of the like that has been presented here, but the implication that such things can exist in our world is somewhat unnerving.
Why an inverted cross? why Satanism? the occult can be interesting but why anyone would get into the dark parts of it is way beyond me.

Could also represent Saint Peter.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Got another one for you that happened to me about 5-6 years.

My wife's aunt, uncle and her cousins live in a house south of Brunswick Ga. Their place is in the middle of no where and is supposedly a old slavemasters house as they live on a old rice plantation. My wife always told me their house was haunted and even after the grandpa thing previously I still was not a believer. Anyways we go and stay at their house for a night and I asked when we were watching a movie "so when do your invisible friends come out to play?", her cousins then said "well now that they will be out". I shrugged it off and when the movie was over I stepped outside to smoke a cigarette. Very quiet cool summer night and you could see all the stars in the sky, then I feel something kind of close to me. I looked around and did not see nobody and continued smoking. Then I felt this "presence" standing almost right on top of me. I decided then to put out the cigarette and take my ass to sleep.

My side and I laid down in bed she fell off to sleep and I stayed up a little. Then I could hear someone going up and down the stairs, I figured it was one of her family members so I brushed it off. Then it kept happening. I looked down the stairs and saw no one. I figured then someone was messing with me and I then waited for them to come back up half way and then pop out and say ha! But when I jumped out there, there was no one. I said to myself good trick, let's go to sleep. I laid down and something caught my eye, I looked and the bedroom door was moving a little. I said hello, who is there and the door shut.

I put my head on the pillow, rolled over and covered my head with the covers and thought this is how I'm going to die. Fell a sleep, woke up the next morning told my wife and everyone and they acted like nothing was going on because it was normal. They gave the ghost a name and called him bob.

While these stories are cool and even with my experiences I'm still skeptical. But they are still interesting.
Link Posted: 12/6/2011 11:28:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Slipey76:
I put my head on the pillow, rolled over and covered my head with the covers and thought this is how I'm going to die.

I probably would have done the same but I still lol'ed.
Link Posted: 12/9/2011 12:08:55 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Just read that story. FREAKY!! Would like to hear more details about it and maybe some closure to the story.

Wooow, I totally forgot about this thread.

Mostly closure at this point. The house has been sold, current owners are folks we have known for years prior, and they love the place.

Most of the items in the house / glass shop / barn have been placed in a storage unit, and my dad lives in his wife's house. Everyone is happy and those "in the know" understand that I don't really wanna have anything to do with it.

Read the short story "Everything's Eventual" by Stephen King. It's a brief glimpse into what I believe some people are capable of.

For the most part, I'm happy to be "free" but sometimes... eeeevery once in a while.          I get curious.

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:43:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By sweptvolume:
Originally Posted By SecretSquirell:

Wooow, I totally forgot about this thread.

Mostly closure at this point. The house has been sold, current owners are folks we have known for years prior, and they love the place.

Most of the items in the house / glass shop / barn have been placed in a storage unit, and my dad lives in his wife's house. Everyone is happy and those "in the know" understand that I don't really wanna have anything to do with it.

Read the short story "Everything's Eventual" by Stephen King. It's a brief glimpse into what I believe some people are capable of.

For the most part, I'm happy to be "free" but sometimes... eeeevery once in a while.          I get curious.

That would be an interesting temptation to deal with. Makes you wonder how the would turn out in the wrong hands Did you ever find out any details to this pact your family member made? (If I may pry) I am curious as to what was given up for it's service, generations of it at that. Great story by the way. Freaky as hell.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 6:31:29 PM EDT
[#47]

That would be an interesting temptation to deal with. Makes you wonder how the would turn out in the wrong hands Did you ever find out any details to this pact your family member made? (If I may pry) I am curious as to what was given up for it's service, generations of it at that. Great story by the way. Freaky as hell.

Nah, I really need to have a beer with the old man and pry. Not sure what was given up, but I have my suspicions. Perhaps it's collected at the end, I'm not really sure.
Link Posted: 2/3/2012 4:59:39 AM EDT
[#48]
Who's got more creepy stories???
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 11:10:39 AM EDT
[#49]
I totally forgot about this thread.
Link Posted: 2/4/2012 11:13:30 AM EDT
[#50]
I'd like to read some more, excellent stuff in here!
Page / 149
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top