Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 150
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By magnumtc:
Holy shit if this was true!  I'm guessing Nick lead the other two into a trap to kill for a satanic sacrifice?

Sounds about right.
Link Posted: 10/6/2011 1:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 10:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a bump for some more bump in the night stories.
Link Posted: 10/9/2011 10:56:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By jnsey:
This is a bump for some more bump in the night stories.

BOO!

There is your Bump in the night.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 10:24:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#5]
Can't recall if its been linked but give

SCP Series

a whirl. Fun read.

Very entertaining layout and concept.

The Staircase

The Old Man

The Devil's Deal

Some are creepy, some are flat out funny.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 10:26:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By EasTexan:
I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.

I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river. It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time, Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q262/Texan6326/Damb.jpg

Very creepy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#7]
I was listening to Ghost to Ghost AM 2001 on my way home from school tonight, and it reminded me of two stories that my great aunt told me from the "old days".

All of the people involved are related to me in some for or another.  

The first happened thusly:  

This woman was sitting at home around the woodstove with her kids one rainy night, and a relative rushes into the house, saying that George so-and-so was run over by a train.  Well everybody got worked up over it and it was a big deal.  Then all of a sudden, wouldn't you know it, old George so-and-so walks in through the front door, completely unaware of what was going on.  He calmed them down and told them that it wasn't true, and that he was fine.  Exactly one week goes by, and George so-and-so gets run over by a train at exactly the same time and place.

The wasn't so much creepy as odd.  This next one happened to my great-grandpop Albert (whom I knew and spoke with several times as a very young boy).  So, the same kind of setup––my great-grandmother and the kids are at home one night, and grandpop Albert walks in, white as a ghost.  Absolutely petrified.  It took them some time to get him to tell them what had happened.  

While walking down the road toward their house (it is in a rather dark and spooky section of town at night), he stopped to light up a cigarette.  Underneath a street light, he sees somebody walking toward him with a long, dark coat on.  It isn't until that somebody gets close that grandpop Albert realizes that he/it doesn't have a head.  He ran home right away.  He would never walk down that way by himself again, or so goes the story of The Headless Man of Gandy Lane.

This was the same man who just about bludgeoned a man to death with the business end of a double-barreled shotgun during a dangerous fight, and was known to have stabbed at least one person under similar circumstances.  In other words, not a coward (and not a drunk either, that I've ever heard of).

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 12:20:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6gunfighter2] [#8]
Originally Posted By WanderingOisin:
I was listening to Ghost to Ghost AM 2001 on my way home from school tonight, and it reminded me of two stories that my great aunt told me from the "old days".

All of the people involved are related to me in some for or another.  

The first happened thusly:  

This woman was sitting at home around the woodstove with her kids one rainy night, and a relative rushes into the house, saying that George so-and-so was run over by a train.  Well everybody got worked up over it and it was a big deal.  Then all of a sudden, wouldn't you know it, old George so-and-so walks in through the front door, completely unaware of what was going on.  He calmed them down and told them that it wasn't true, and that he was fine.  Exactly one week goes by, and George so-and-so gets run over by a train at exactly the same time and place.

The wasn't so much creepy as odd.  This next one happened to my great-grandpop Albert (whom I knew and spoke with several times as a very young boy).  So, the same kind of setup––my great-grandmother and the kids are at home one night, and grandpop Albert walks in, white as a ghost.  Absolutely petrified.  It took them some time to get him to tell them what had happened.  

While walking down the road toward their house (it is in a rather dark and spooky section of town at night), he stopped to light up a cigarette.  Underneath a street light, he sees somebody walking toward him with a long, dark coat on.  It isn't until that somebody gets close that grandpop Albert realizes that he/it doesn't have a head.  He ran home right away.  He would never walk down that way by himself again, or so goes the story of The Headless Man of Gandy Lane.

This was the same man who just about bludgeoned a man to death with the business end of a double-barreled shotgun during a dangerous fight, and was known to have stabbed at least one person under similar circumstances.  In other words, not a coward (and not a drunk either, that I've ever heard of).

When I was a boy my father used to take us on camping trips in summer to the Canadian Rockies.

We drove in a station wagon pulling one of those tent trailer things that used to be very popular back in the day.  They had screened "windows" on them that could be covered with zippered flaps for privacy, but a lot of times we left them open to admit the night air.

We would go to a campground, pull into a spot, set up the tent trailer, cook dinner over a Coleman camp stove, and then sleep inside in sleeping bags.  (We were dorks - kind of like the Brady Bunch ).

Well one night my older sister (who was probably about 12 at the time, whereas I would have been about 8) woke up with a very bad "nightmare."

She was very upset.  The next morning at breakfast she kept insisting that in the middle of the night, she looked out the window of the tent trailer, and saw a man walking around near the campsite, with no head.

My parents assured her she was just having a nightmare, but the thing was, she was adamant this was not a dream - she claimed she really SAW this.

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:32:00 AM EDT
[#9]
tag for later
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By WanderingOisin:

I go hunting Saturday mornings with a friend.  I'm usually leaving my house around 0400.  One morning I turned on the radio and Coast to Coast was on.  They had a bunch of bigfoot close encounter stories.

After a couple minutes I thought, "I really don't need to listen to this just before going to sit in the pitch black woods for a couple hours."
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 11:13:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov92] [#11]
I've been to Waverly Hills Sanatorium. I didn't go inside, and went during the day but still. Holy fuckin shit.

For those that don't know

*SNIP*

"There is always something eerie about insane asylums and historic hospitals. And haunted or not, there is something even creepier aboutabandoned insane asylums. But an abandoned mental institution that is notoriously haunted? Now that takes the cake. The Waverly Hills Sanatorium located in Louisville, Kentucky was built in 1910 specifically to quarantine and treat patients suffering from tuberculosis (an infectious pulmonary disease that affects the lungs and causes the patient to feel fatigued, run a fever and cough up blood.) Until it closed permanently in 1961, Waverly Hills was Louisville's primary treatment facility for early and advanced cases of tuberculosis. And in the fifty-one years it was operating, the sanatorium saw as many as 63,000"

*snip*

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 1:39:21 PM EDT
[#12]

Back in the mid 70s after I transferred from active USMC to USMCR and went to college, I was home for a summer because I couldn't find summer work near the college and got on at a job I had back in high school working for a local logger. Not all the tandems and tri-axle log trucks had Prentice loading booms, and the GMC I was driving was one without, so as I waited for the truck to get loaded at a staging yard at the start of some skidder trails, I walked off into the woods to ah, urinate and kill some time. I was walking along a game trail within sight of the loader, my truck, and the staging yard but still in the woods deep enough that I really couldn't make out any of the equipment behind me.

There are some pretty large conglomerate rock boulders in north central PA, as big as houses in some areas and on some hillsides. The game trail went between two such large conglomerate boulders, both were perhaps 10 or 12 ft tall, taller than a standard room ceiling. I walked past the boulders maybe eight or 10 yards and the temperature in the woods IMMEDIATELY felt like it dropped 20 degrees as I took two more steps. The hair stood up on my neck and my skin was a mess of goose bumps. There was a faint buzzing, crackling sound like arc welding, and an oily odor something like oil or coal burning, but no smoke that I could see. Maybe like when a fluorescent ballast gives out, but without the burning electrical smell. Hard to describe.

I slammed the brakes on right there, hair standing on edge, heart pounding, with the reptile part of my brain screaming, "RUN!" I took a couple sliding steps backward, listening to the faint buzzing / crackling noise that sounded a bit like an ongoing electrical short, or arc welding.

I was looking forward all around, through the 180 degrees of vision, and caught movement to the left of center, about 20-25 yards ahead at my 11 o'clock. The woods in that area was blurry, almost shimmering like heat off a car hood or blacktop in August, but the blurriness was a section of woods about 12-15 feet wide and maybe just as tall or taller, I'm guessing, in relation to the conglomerate rock boulders. I stood there for maybe 30 seconds, maybe five minutes, I don't know. The patch of woods at my 11 o'clock continued to waver and shimmer slightly, and the buzz and odor didn't let up. I knew I did NOT want to go near that spot of woods. There were no animal noises whatsover.  I think I probably could have moved if I wanted to, but something deep within me said to hold fast.

After the 30 seconds (or five minutes) passed the buzz started to fade fairly noticeably, and the blurry shimmery effect seemed to fade with it. When the noise was gone, the woods at 11 o'clock looked just like the rest of the woods in front of me. The woods felt warmer. The gooseflesh feeling went away.

I backed up slowly till I got to the rocks, then backed past them before turning and walking quickly back to the staging yard. The loader operator had four or five more logs to load and I just climbed into the GMC's cab and sat behind the wheel. I wasn't there five seconds and I started to shake uncontrollably. I sat there shaking until the loader hit the horn, signalling me to pull ahead and chain up the load. I about fell out of the truck and started laying out the load chains, but concentrating on the work sorta got me straightened out and the shaking went away. I felt wasted, like after a 20 mile hike with a full ALICE pack, ammo load, two canteens, and M16A1.

I didn't say anything to anyone until about six or eight years ago when I was in a gun shop and some regulars were swapping hunting stories. One of the guys related a story that was identical to my experience. Different location in north central PA woods, but there was no doubt in my mind he saw the same thing I did. None of the guys razzed him, and I said "I saw that too, back in the summer of 1975." One of the other guys said his deceased father told him about seeing the same effect decades earlier.

Noah
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Makarov92:
I've been to Waverly Hills Sanatorium. I didn't go inside, and went during the day but still. Holy fuckin shit.

*SNIP*
"There is always something eerie about insane asylums and historic hospitals. And haunted or not, there is something even creepier aboutabandoned insane asylums. But an abandoned mental institution that is<strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">also notoriously haunted? Now that takes the cake.[/span]
[span style='color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ']
The Waverly Hills Sanatorium located in Louisville, Kentucky was built in 1910 specifically to quarantine and treat patients suffering from tuberculosis (an infectious pulmonary disease that affects the lungs and causes the patient to feel fatigued, run a fever and cough up blood.) Until it closed permanently in 1961, Waverly Hills was Louisville's primary treatment facility for early and advanced cases of tuberculosis. And in the fifty-one years it was operating, the sanatorium saw as many as <strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">63,000 deaths[/span]."

*snip*

I challenge you to read your post.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 2:30:39 PM EDT
[#14]
The Wellton Wild Man

Back in the early '50s a wild man was loose in the town of Wellton Arizona. He was well known in all the hobo camps. When the hobos started to go to the authorities his infamy spread through out the town.

Wellton is a small burgh just east of Yuma on I-8. It was founded when SP sank a well there for their locomotives. My Grandpa was a track gang foreman for SP and of course raised his family there. This includes my Mom, her two sisters and my late Uncle Bill. Grandpa and Uncle Bill used to catch wild horses in the desert north of Wellton, on what is now Yuma Proving Grounds land. They would then sell them and make a little money.

Due to the proximity of the tracks there were a lot of hobo camps nearby. The hobos started telling of a Wild Man that would attack their camps at night. He wore a long duster style coat and had a face that looked as if it had been burned. The Wild Man would come into there camps screamin' and hollerin', wavin' his arms around, jumpin' up and down and generally raising hell as he ran through the camp and into the night.

The hobos started getting pretty scarce around town and a few eventually went to the local gendarmes.

A "posse" was set up and Grandpa and Uncle Bill were asked to be on it since they both knew the area so well. Several days and nights were spent searching but they never found the Wild Man. Eventually after a month or so the stories died down and the Wild Man was never discovered.

My Mom remembers this time well. She and her friends were not allowed to go outside after dark for quite awhile after the stories.

My Uncle Bill died Mother's Day of '95. After the funeral we were all sitting around talking about him when Grandpa confessed that Bill was the Wild Man.  Grandpa and Bill thought up the idea to try and scare off the hobos. But knowing Bill and Grandpa I believe they did it just for the hell of it. Grandpa said Bill would pull a silk stocking over his head, put on a slicker and launch into his heeby-jeeby act while Grandpa held their horses on the other side of camp. They'd then mount up and watch the hilarity, ready to make a fast get away if things got too hot. Only one time did the hobos try and chase after the Wild Man but Grandpa fired his rifle and they let off.

The best part was that while telling the story, my Aunt Evelyn, Bill's wife, was the only one who knew about it. His daughters had heard the stories over the years and had never knew they were sitting next to the Wellton Wild Man the whole time.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Brohawk:

*SNIP*
"There is always something eerie about insane asylums and historic hospitals. And haunted or not, there is something even creepier aboutabandoned insane asylums. But an abandoned mental institution that is<strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">also notoriously haunted? Now that takes the cake.[/span]
[span style='color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); ']
The Waverly Hills Sanatorium located in Louisville, Kentucky was built in 1910 specifically to quarantine and treat patients suffering from tuberculosis (an infectious pulmonary disease that affects the lungs and causes the patient to feel fatigued, run a fever and cough up blood.) Until it closed permanently in 1961, Waverly Hills was Louisville's primary treatment facility for early and advanced cases of tuberculosis. And in the fifty-one years it was operating, the sanatorium saw as many as <strong style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">63,000 deaths[/span]."

*snip*

lol

I was thinking the same thing.
Link Posted: 10/13/2011 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Originally Posted By Noah_Zark:

Back in the mid 70s after I transferred from active USMC to USMCR and went to college, I was home for a summer because I couldn't find summer work near the college and got on at a job I had back in high school working for a local logger. Not all the tandems and tri-axle log trucks had Prentice loading booms, and the GMC I was driving was one without, so as I waited for the truck to get loaded at a staging yard at the start of some skidder trails, I walked off into the woods to ah, urinate and kill some time. I was walking along a game trail within sight of the loader, my truck, and the staging yard but still in the woods deep enough that I really couldn't make out any of the equipment behind me.

There are some pretty large conglomerate rock boulders in north central PA, as big as houses in some areas and on some hillsides. The game trail went between two such large conglomerate boulders, both were perhaps 10 or 12 ft tall, taller than a standard room ceiling. I walked past the boulders maybe eight or 10 yards and the temperature in the woods IMMEDIATELY felt like it dropped 20 degrees as I took two more steps. The hair stood up on my neck and my skin was a mess of goose bumps. There was a faint buzzing, crackling sound like arc welding, and an oily odor something like oil or coal burning, but no smoke that I could see. Maybe like when a fluorescent ballast gives out, but without the burning electrical smell. Hard to describe.

I slammed the brakes on right there, hair standing on edge, heart pounding, with the reptile part of my brain screaming, "RUN!" I took a couple sliding steps backward, listening to the faint buzzing / crackling noise that sounded a bit like an ongoing electrical short, or arc welding.

I was looking forward all around, through the 180 degrees of vision, and caught movement to the left of center, about 20-25 yards ahead at my 11 o'clock. The woods in that area was blurry, almost shimmering like heat off a car hood or blacktop in August, but the blurriness was a section of woods about 12-15 feet wide and maybe just as tall or taller, I'm guessing, in relation to the conglomerate rock boulders. I stood there for maybe 30 seconds, maybe five minutes, I don't know. The patch of woods at my 11 o'clock continued to waver and shimmer slightly, and the buzz and odor didn't let up. I knew I did NOT want to go near that spot of woods. There were no animal noises whatsover.  I think I probably could have moved if I wanted to, but something deep within me said to hold fast.

After the 30 seconds (or five minutes) passed the buzz started to fade fairly noticeably, and the blurry shimmery effect seemed to fade with it. When the noise was gone, the woods at 11 o'clock looked just like the rest of the woods in front of me. The woods felt warmer. The gooseflesh feeling went away.

I backed up slowly till I got to the rocks, then backed past them before turning and walking quickly back to the staging yard. The loader operator had four or five more logs to load and I just climbed into the GMC's cab and sat behind the wheel. I wasn't there five seconds and I started to shake uncontrollably. I sat there shaking until the loader hit the horn, signalling me to pull ahead and chain up the load. I about fell out of the truck and started laying out the load chains, but concentrating on the work sorta got me straightened out and the shaking went away. I felt wasted, like after a 20 mile hike with a full ALICE pack, ammo load, two canteens, and M16A1.

I didn't say anything to anyone until about six or eight years ago when I was in a gun shop and some regulars were swapping hunting stories. One of the guys related a story that was identical to my experience. Different location in north central PA woods, but there was no doubt in my mind he saw the same thing I did. None of the guys razzed him, and I said "I saw that too, back in the summer of 1975." One of the other guys said his deceased father told him about seeing the same effect decades earlier.

Noah

Terminator?

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 8:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Noah_Zark] [#17]
Originally Posted By Qweevox:

Noah

Terminator?  

If so, a big one.  12' to 15' by 12' to 15', rectangular but really close to being square.  I've seen the movie, and that special effect doesn't really compare to what I saw.  But for our viewers at home, yeah, just think "Terminator" for lack of having been there beside me.  Close enough.

The longer I've thought about it, the more I'm thinking along the lines of a doorway - portal - wormhole.  Maybe a simple rift in the space-time continuum or whatnot.

Worst part, the tract being logged was huge and I had to drive that GMC tandem to that loader several times every day for a little over two months before it was time to go back to college.  At one point a couple weeks before quitting for school I got up the balls to walk back to that spot, and zero, zip, nada, non, nei, nein, nyet –– just northern PA woods looking and sounding just like hundreds of square miles of other northern PA woods.

As an aside, a 6-71 Detroit Diesel up close and personal will destroy your hearing if you don't wear earplugs.  Ask me how I know that.

Noah

Link Posted: 10/13/2011 11:41:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Makarov92] [#18]

Originally Posted By Banjaxed:

Originally Posted By Brohawk:

*SNIP*

"There is always something eerie about insane asylums and historic hospitals. And haunted or not, there is something even creepier about abandoned insane asylums. But an abandoned mental institution that is<strong style notoriously haunted? Now that takes the cake.

The Waverly Hills Sanatorium located in Louisville, Kentucky was built in 1910 specifically to quarantine and treat patients suffering from tuberculosis (an infectious pulmonary disease that affects the lungs and causes the patient to feel fatigued, run a fever and cough up blood.) Until it closed permanently in 1961, Waverly Hills was Louisville's primary treatment facility for early and advanced cases of tuberculosis. And in the fifty-one years it was operating, the sanatorium saw as many as 63,000 deaths.

*snip*

lol

I was thinking the same thing.

Sorry fixed

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:11:53 PM EDT
[#19]

I was looking forward all around, through the 180 degrees of vision, and caught movement to the left of center, about 20-25 yards ahead at my 11 o'clock. The woods in that area was blurry, almost shimmering like heat off a car hood or blacktop in August, but the blurriness was a section of woods about 12-15 feet wide and maybe just as tall or taller, I'm guessing, in relation to the conglomerate rock boulders. I stood there for maybe 30 seconds, maybe five minutes, I don't know. The patch of woods at my 11 o'clock continued to waver and shimmer slightly, and the buzz and odor didn't let up. I knew I did NOT want to go near that spot of woods. There were no animal noises whatsover. I think I probably could have moved if I wanted to, but something deep within me said to hold fast.

Noah

Sounds like a Thinny...
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:43:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By RolandofGilead:

Sounds like a Thinny...

Tranny?

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:44:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Sounds like a Thinny...

WTH is a thinny?

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:48:08 PM EDT
[#22]

Originally Posted By WildBoar:

Sounds like a Thinny...

WTH is a thinny?

It's the term coined by Stephen King in the Dark Tower series of novels (see user name) that is used to describe exactly what the OP is talking about.

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:58:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wessono] [#23]
Originally Posted By Spartacus:
The Wellton Wild Man

Back in the early '50s a wild man was loose in the town of Wellton Arizona. He was well known in all the hobo camps. When the hobos started to go to the authorities his infamy spread through out the town.

Wellton is a small burgh just east of Yuma on I-8. It was founded when SP sank a well there for their locomotives. My Grandpa was a track gang foreman for SP and of course raised his family there. This includes my Mom, her two sisters and my late Uncle Bill. Grandpa and Uncle Bill used to catch wild horses in the desert north of Wellton, on what is now Yuma Proving Grounds land. They would then sell them and make a little money.

Due to the proximity of the tracks there were a lot of hobo camps nearby. The hobos started telling of a Wild Man that would attack their camps at night. He wore a long duster style coat and had a face that looked as if it had been burned. The Wild Man would come into there camps screamin' and hollerin', wavin' his arms around, jumpin' up and down and generally raising hell as he ran through the camp and into the night.

The hobos started getting pretty scarce around town and a few eventually went to the local gendarmes.

A "posse" was set up and Grandpa and Uncle Bill were asked to be on it since they both knew the area so well. Several days and nights were spent searching but they never found the Wild Man. Eventually after a month or so the stories died down and the Wild Man was never discovered.

My Mom remembers this time well. She and her friends were not allowed to go outside after dark for quite awhile after the stories.

My Uncle Bill died Mother's Day of '95. After the funeral we were all sitting around talking about him when Grandpa confessed that Bill was the Wild Man.  Grandpa and Bill thought up the idea to try and scare off the hobos. But knowing Bill and Grandpa I believe they did it just for the hell of it. Grandpa said Bill would pull a silk stocking over his head, put on a slicker and launch into his heeby-jeeby act while Grandpa held their horses on the other side of camp. They'd then mount up and watch the hilarity, ready to make a fast get away if things got too hot. Only one time did the hobos try and chase after the Wild Man but Grandpa fired his rifle and they let off.

The best part was that while telling the story, my Aunt Evelyn, Bill's wife, was the only one who knew about it. His daughters had heard the stories over the years and had never knew they were sitting next to the Wellton Wild Man the whole time.

Cool to read a story that's "local"!
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 3:56:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TripleC] [#24]
I love a good scary story and wish I had one to share but even though Ive ventured in graveyards and supposedly haunted houses I never saw shit.

My wife is trying to find a picture she took when she and my mother-in-law went to Alabama and took a walk in the woods where some old graves are. Ill add it later if and when she finds it.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 10:26:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#25]
Trying to get stuff going on at my bros house. Damn ghost wont react when I taunt it and try to piss it off. I told it to strangle someone if it had the balls. Apparently it doesn't. It prefers to just sit on the end of a bed and make the dog bark at the door of its room. Friggin lame ghost.

My bro and sis in law don't even sleep in there and its the master bedroom. LOL Chicken sh*ts.

I was there last week, walked in and told the story of what I saw when I was a kid to my buddies wife who is all into this stuff. She was bit freaked because my buddy (her hubby) and my bro saw something in there, and so did a little girl. She was freaked when I told her about what I saw when I was a kid and the other stuff that happened in that house.

While I was in the room and standing in the spot where I "saw" two shadows I acted like I was choking and fell to my knees. All BSing of course. Well my brother who has no idea of what I was dong, came up to to the door and slammed it shut. Hard. She never saw him do it because of my shenanigans ans it freaked her out even more. He HATES that door being left open for any reason. Its pretty funny  they refuse to live in that room or leave the door open. Then again he is the one who chose to live there. LOL

I tried to explain coincidences to my buddies wife but she insist its haunted, though she never saw anything. I did and I say its not haunted. I apparently had a dream that I recal as real, her hubby and my bro were probably stoned at their encounter, and the little girl is just plain out weird. If she told me what saw a unicorn sh*tting candy corn on the bed, I wouldn't be have been surprised in the slightest..

Three different yet similar experiences in the same room. NONE related. All coincidence but folks believe what they want. FWIW this is the house where my doppleganger was seen. (I admit that still intrigues me to this day and I have no logical explanation for that particular weirdness)

Going to see my buddy and his wife tomorrow and I am going to talk her into downloading that stupid ass ghostradar app. She will flip out because that stupid thing goes off randomly (inventor admitted it was a gag, like anyone had to reveal that). It should keep her occupied for a while.

Link Posted: 10/14/2011 11:58:00 PM EDT
[#26]

I was looking forward all around, through the 180 degrees of vision, and caught movement to the left of center, about 20-25 yards ahead at my 11 o'clock. The woods in that area was blurry, almost shimmering like heat off a car hood or blacktop in August, but the blurriness was a section of woods about 12-15 feet wide and maybe just as tall or taller, I'm guessing, in relation to the conglomerate rock boulders. I stood there for maybe 30 seconds, maybe five minutes, I don't know. The patch of woods at my 11 o'clock continued to waver and shimmer slightly, and the buzz and odor didn't let up. I knew I did NOT want to go near that spot of woods. There were no animal noises whatsover. I think I probably could have moved if I wanted to, but something deep within me said to hold fast.

Noah

Terminator?

If so, a big one. 12' to 15' by 12' to 15', rectangular but really close to being square. I've seen the movie, and that special effect doesn't really compare to what I saw. But for our viewers at home, yeah, just think "Terminator" for lack of having been there beside me. Close enough.

The longer I've thought about it, the more I'm thinking along the lines of a doorway - portal - wormhole. Maybe a simple rift in the space-time continuum or whatnot.

Worst part, the tract being logged was huge and I had to drive that GMC tandem to that loader several times every day for a little over two months before it was time to go back to college. At one point a couple weeks before quitting for school I got up the balls to walk back to that spot, and zero, zip, nada, non, nei, nein, nyet –– just northern PA woods looking and sounding just like hundreds of square miles of other northern PA woods.

As an aside, a 6-71 Detroit Diesel up close and personal will destroy your hearing if you don't wear earplugs. Ask me how I know that.

Noah

Sure you guys don't mean Predator?

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 1:23:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By kozaki:

Noah

Terminator?

If so, a big one. 12' to 15' by 12' to 15', rectangular but really close to being square. I've seen the movie, and that special effect doesn't really compare to what I saw. But for our viewers at home, yeah, just think "Terminator" for lack of having been there beside me. Close enough.

The longer I've thought about it, the more I'm thinking along the lines of a doorway - portal - wormhole. Maybe a simple rift in the space-time continuum or whatnot.

Worst part, the tract being logged was huge and I had to drive that GMC tandem to that loader several times every day for a little over two months before it was time to go back to college. At one point a couple weeks before quitting for school I got up the balls to walk back to that spot, and zero, zip, nada, non, nei, nein, nyet –– just northern PA woods looking and sounding just like hundreds of square miles of other northern PA woods.

As an aside, a 6-71 Detroit Diesel up close and personal will destroy your hearing if you don't wear earplugs. Ask me how I know that.

Noah

No.

They are referring to the Terminator films.

Specifically, the scenes where the Terminator arrives in present time from the future, through some kind of an interdimensional portal which involves strange flashes of plasma discharge and buzzing sounds.

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 5:30:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#28]

Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

...... some kind of an interdimensional portal which involves strange flashes of plasma discharge and buzzing sounds.

I once ate 3 fiber one bars, 2 Fatkins bars and a protein shake.

Something like you just described happened shortly after. I think my fart collapsed in upon itself.

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 9:11:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Originally Posted By 6winchester2:

Noah

Terminator?

Noah

No.

They are referring to the Terminator films.

Specifically, the scenes where the Terminator arrives in present time from the future, through some kind of an interdimensional portal which involves strange flashes of plasma discharge and buzzing sounds.

Okay, I follow.  Owing to the setting (woods) I was picturing the Predator camoflage effect.

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 9:15:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Originally Posted By palmer:

. . .

Here is a pic of the house. The bedroom is on the second floor, on the right hand corner. You can see on the first floor, there is a room, above it is just a flat roof. There was once a room where the flat roof is, but they knocked it down because of some violent paranormal stuff that went on in there. In March of 1919, the IRA stormed the house and killed one adult and one child in that room. That was under the previous owner.

Thanks for the excellent first-hand account, and photograph.

Would you care to elaborate on the events in the room that was then demolished?

Link Posted: 10/15/2011 9:45:21 PM EDT
[#31]

. . .

Here is a pic of the house. The bedroom is on the second floor, on the right hand corner. You can see on the first floor, there is a room, above it is just a flat roof. There was once a room where the flat roof is, but they knocked it down because of some violent paranormal stuff that went on in there. In March of 1919, the IRA stormed the house and killed one adult and one child in that room. That was under the previous owner.

Yes please

Link Posted: 10/18/2011 10:34:11 PM EDT
[#32]

. . .

Yes please

No?  Damn, I hate being left hanging . . .

Link Posted: 10/18/2011 10:43:51 PM EDT
[#33]
I had sleep Paralysis for the first time two days ago. I woke up in the morning on my side and could not open my one eye or move at all. I had a shotgun beside me under the cover and I seen a dark figure hovering over me from the head of the bed. I had a feeling it was trying to grab the gun,sounds messed up I know, anyways it looked at it with my one eye and it kind of vanished flew back out of vision extremly fast.
Link Posted: 10/18/2011 10:48:56 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Banjaxed:
I moonlight as a paramedic and working EMS you will see all kinds of creepy and fucked up things. Every shift I go in I do so with the knowledge that there is a good chance my face will be the last or first thing a person sees as they leave or enter this world. The one that sends a chill up my spine though happened last year while I was still doing clinicals. We received a call to a nursing home for a unresponsive 87 year old woman. When we picked her up it was obvious she was not long for this world. She coded three times on us before we got her to the ER. What freaked me out though was when she became responsive briefly during transport. I was starting an IV and she just sprang to life, grabbed my arm with a strength unholy for a frail old woman, looked me square in the eye and in a raspy, guttural way quietly screamed my name. The look in her eyes was unlike anything I had seen before or since. It felt like she was starring straight into my soul.

What is so disturbing about that is that during no point had I introduced myself to her as she was unresponsive. Also being a dumb student I had forgotten my ID badge that day as well. I had never worked her before as a patient, nor meet her that I can recall in any capacity. Could be she mistook me for somebody else by the same name but it sure seemed meant for me. She died less than an hour after admission. To this day I still remember everything about that call like it just happened and it makes my blood run cold to remember her face and the way she called to me. Sometimes I close my eyes and still see that face.

Link Posted: 10/19/2011 9:36:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Bump
Link Posted: 10/20/2011 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#36]
and yet another bump.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 9:28:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Always  odd that when Halloween gets closer, these threads always die off. You would think would be more popular.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 10:36:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Always  odd that when Halloween gets closer, these threads always die off. You would think would be more popular.

Every time this thread has been bumped over the last month I have opened it with hope of good new stories. Instead I end up closing it in disappointment.
Link Posted: 10/22/2011 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#39]

I just re-read the whole thing. Unfortunately, I have nothing to contribute.

Link Posted: 10/22/2011 11:40:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: WildBoar] [#40]
I have a friend who is having apparently some interesting stuff happen in his house. I have helped explain away most of it but some things I just cant.

Can two or three people share identical visual and auditory hallucinations and the same location at the same time? Also it seems it screws with his animals as well.

If not should I  whip up some time, space,  wormhole past/future imagery/audio anomalies for an excuse? Though highly improbable, it seems at least theoretically possible more so than ghosts. Unless of course "spirits" are just a life form that is evolved and based on energy rather than carbon?

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 12:13:00 AM EDT
[#41]

This photograph was taken at the Castillo De San Marcos in St Augustine, Florida. Nobody else in the tour saw this man nor had him on their film.

The 2nd picture is from Tantallon Castle. It kinda looks like that creepy costume from the Snickers commercial.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgSv1SKCteQ

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 1:32:05 AM EDT
[#42]

I have a friend who is having apparently some interesting stuff happen in his house. I have helped explain away most of it but some things I just cant.

Can two or three people share identical visual and auditory hallucinations and the same location at the same time? Also it seems it screws with his animals as well.

If not should I whip up some time, space, wormhole past/future imagery/audio anomalies for an excuse? Though highly improbable, it seems at least theoretically possible more so than ghosts. Unless of course "spirits" are just a life form that is evolved and based on energy rather than carbon?

Why don't you mosey over there with a camcorder, and a separate audio recorder, preferably with remote microphone (i.e., not condenser mic on the unit), and see what you can capture, if anything?

You're a GoldMember, you can embed video/audio here, and THAT would get the thread back into high gear!

Link Posted: 10/23/2011 1:33:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sleepy1988] [#43]
Originally Posted By JeffTheOtherDude:
http://www.moonslipper.com/images/andrew-ransom.jpg

This photograph was taken at the Castillo De San Marcos in St Augustine, Florida. Nobody else in the tour saw this man nor had him on their film.

The 2nd picture is from Tantallon Castle. It kinda looks like that creepy costume from the Snickers commercial.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgSv1SKCteQ

Looks kind of like a Guy Fawkes mask.  

Consider this a BUMP in the night!

If not should I whip up some time, space, wormhole past/future imagery/audio anomalies for an excuse? Though highly improbable, it seems at least theoretically possible more so than ghosts. Unless of course "spirits" are just a life form that is evolved and based on energy rather than carbon?

Why don't you mosey over there with a camcorder, and a separate audio recorder, preferably with remote microphone (i.e., not condenser mic on the unit), and see what you can capture, if anything?

You're a GoldMember, you can embed video/audio here, and THAT would get the thread back into high gear!

Some real, genuine stories would get this thread back into high gear.
Link Posted: 10/23/2011 10:23:10 AM EDT
[#44]

Its not constant and its only once in awhile. Last episode was two months ago I think. Besides, he doesn't want to knowledge it by trying to communicate with it or record of photo it. He isn't worried about getting proof, he just wants it gone.

I did offer to video, record, etc. He said he would rather not risk increasing activity and just make it go away. Right now they are operating on the theory of if you ignore it enough, it will move on.

As of now, I am convinced they are making it worse in their heads because once the brain gets a bias, everything becomes related. If shampoo bottles fall off  the shelf for no apparent reason (though there are plenty of logical reasons) if may become spirit related due to confirmation bias. Same as misplaced items, etc. I think many things are quite mundane but once someone has an experience (or not) they attribute many things to the perceived activity.

Dogs growing at nothing and backing up in fear? Dogs can be goofy at times.

Man walking through house into next room but not there 2 seconds later? Tired, imagination, corner of eye trickery? Possible. But there was more then one witness

Woman walking around corner then retreating back when spotted? same as above but only one witness.

Voice calling my buddies name from a  couple feet behind him? Tired, sleepy? Problem is his son was right next to him and heard it as well.

I am not sure what to make of it and hope its resolved. They are not comfortable in their own home.

Link Posted: 10/24/2011 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#45]

Its not constant and its only once in awhile. Last episode was two months ago I think. Besides, he doesn't want to knowledge it by trying to communicate with it or record of photo it. He isn't worried about getting proof, he just wants it gone.

I did offer to video, record, etc. He said he would rather not risk increasing activity and just make it go away. Right now they are operating on the theory of if you ignore it enough, it will move on.

As of now, I am convinced they are making it worse in their heads because once the brain gets a bias, everything becomes related. If shampoo bottles fall off the shelf for no apparent reason (though there are plenty of logical reasons) if may become spirit related due to confirmation bias. Same as misplaced items, etc. I think many things are quite mundane but once someone has an experience (or not) they attribute many things to the perceived activity.

Dogs growing at nothing and backing up in fear? Dogs can be goofy at times.

Man walking through house into next room but not there 2 seconds later? Tired, imagination, corner of eye trickery? Possible. But there was more then one witness

Woman walking around corner then retreating back when spotted? same as above but only one witness.

Voice calling my buddies name from a couple feet behind him? Tired, sleepy? Problem is his son was right next to him and heard it as well.

I am not sure what to make of it and hope its resolved. They are not comfortable in their own home.

See, this is the kind of stuff where a video recording with good clear audio, or better yet, concurrently running video and separate audio would be very worthwhile.

I mean, if there's something there that can be recognized and captured on video/audio, that confirms what people say they've seen, at least they will know it isn't their imagination.

The converse is also true; if nothing is captured, then that would tend to suggest it's not physical, and therefore can be more easily ignored.

Problems rarely go away of their own accord . . .

Link Posted: 10/24/2011 9:39:32 PM EDT
[#46]

See, this is the kind of stuff where a video recording with good clear audio, or better yet, concurrently running video and separate audio would be very worthwhile.

I mean, if there's something there that can be recognized and captured on video/audio, that confirms what people say they've seen, at least they will know it isn't their imagination.

The converse is also true; if nothing is captured, then that would tend to suggest it's not physical, and therefore can be more easily ignored.

Problems rarely go away of their own accord . . .

Oh I think it would be cool to get some proof. It may help him in the end.

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 5:15:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Someone has to have more to add.
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 5:17:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Dang, I have some reading to do!
Link Posted: 10/25/2011 5:38:43 PM EDT
[#49]

Originally Posted By Willmar:

I'm sitting outside, playing guitar and I'm hearing Garth Brooks playing in the woods. I'm guessing it's some rednecks working on their truck like every night. Lol. Anyways it reminded me of my creepiest encounter I ever had out in the wilderness.
I was bow fishing one night with some buddies out on Dam-b. Its a very eerie part of the state. Cypress trees covered in Spanish moss coupled with long leaf pines and mixed hardwoods. The shallow waters are great for hunting big gar. Anyways, we were about thirty miles from the nearest town and had traveled up the river by boat another 30 to get to the good spots. I tell ya, you go back in these woods and you step back in time. Untouched by man and so damn unforgiving, its no surprise. It was about 11:30 P.M. when we entered the slough. There was no sound except for the humming of the trolling motor. He had decided not to use the generator and the halogen lights but instead use some rigged handheld 500,000 spot lights so we could hunt coons as well. That's when we heard it.

I was just putting a dip in when I heard the soft sound of music. Instantly, fear and confusion set in as I looked around. My buddies heard it as well and we could only listen, looking at each other for some sort of answer. No one could be out there, it was impossible. There were no roads, no way to climb the huge, clay cliffs made by the river. It was coming from the absolute wilderness. The tune was the most terrifying part. It was not a song anyone alive today would know. It sounded like it came from an old record player. It was scratchy and muffled with a woman's voice singing and it filled me with more adrenaline and fear than I have ever had in my whole life. I can only relate it to something from the turn of the century. By this time, Jake had stopped the trolling motor and we simply sat down and continued to listen. Its like we were in a trance. We know that back country and we know that this was not right. People never would have trecked through those marshes and woods to play a joke.

Then the music simply faded away. We sat there in the dark, waiting for something to move, something to give its position away so we could put the lights on it. Whoever or whatever it was would have surely made noise in the swamp water.

Nothing. Not a sound for thirty minutes. We felt after an experience like that, it was time to go.

Dammit, EasTexan, you've posted that before. And it was freaky then too!

Yeah, it's by far the creepiest. I don't think it will ever be topped... Unless I ever see Michelle Obama naked.
+1

Link Posted: 10/25/2011 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#50]

Dang, I have some reading to do!

Don't be a scared!

Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top