Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2024 2:31:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: smullen]
For my Car Audio system in my Trailblazer, I have two XS Power Batteries (front and rear) and each of them have two power distribution blocks directly bolted to the top of the battery, Each one has 6 Ports/Holes for a 0 ga wire and a set screw to crank it down. There is no actual top Lug, just a bolt that passes though the Block into the batts internal lug, then the battery has front post terminals for the trucks factory connections.

The problem is, on each batt, each of these Blocks are un-shielded or bare and just waiting for a Short.
Couple that with my 280 amp alt's current, it could be a bad day, if it ever happened.

Would someone here be willing to work with me on a simple designed cover and once we get it right print me out 4 of these Minimum, maybe 6?  
Preferably half in Red for Positive and half Black for Negative. Or I could live with all Black if the color is an issue.

*** Edited, Removed the line asking about possible charge for this request, didn't realize it was against the rules..***

I don't expect anything for free, but I'm not the typical Arfcom Millionare and I'd trying to keep from spending the loot on a 3d printer and 3k (joking) in supplies to learn how to use it, to print maybe 6 things and never use it again.

Attached below is a pic of a similar block. 2 of them, blown way up for viewing.

If interested, I could get pics of the ones in my truck and how the cables go into the ports...

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 2:55:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -Obsessed-] [#1]
We can't do paid work on this forum. Against the rules.

Use the parts request thread and specify dimensions and what is needed (how will it fasten?) And someone will likely respond.

You only pay shipping...if that.

Link Posted: 4/2/2024 4:52:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -Obsessed-:
We can't do paid work on this forum. Against the rules.

Use the parts request thread and specify dimensions and what is needed (how will it fasten?) And someone will likely respond.

You only pay shipping...if that.

View Quote
I did not realize it was against the rules...
Will post in there and see if it gets any traction.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 5:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I wanted to see if I could help, and started drafting in OnShape.  I can't tell what size holes you need, and how far from the edges they are.  

My thought was a simple PLA cover with 1/8 inch thick walls.  Little arch opening will fit over the cables.  On the other hand, you could just print a box and drill whatever size hole you need, where ever you need it. Hopefully the others will be better help.
Link Posted: 4/3/2024 8:57:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Please use tacked request thread.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top