Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2024 12:58:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnStoner]
Wondering what this is? Go check out the event thread (CLICK ME)

Gozer the Peep: Are you Cola Warriors?

Cola Ray: Yes

Cola Winston: Yep, we’re all Cola Warriors!

Gozer the Peep: CHOOSE THE FORM OF THE DESTRUCTOR

Cola Ray: Empty your stomachs, we only have one shot at this.

Gozer the Peep: The choice is made.....

Attachment Attached File

Cola Warrior West X is in the books.

Obstacle 0 presents a challenge every year. Dedicating the time and funds to travel is appreciated, thanks for joining us. The drive in will be easier next year with a new road cut in - no more jeep trail. A few small vehicle mishaps this year, but nothing permanent that I’m aware of. Huge appreciation to those who helped prep the early weekend ensuring the event was so successful. Hail during the early weekend gave us a glimpse of what might be ahead but the weather during the event was quite comfortable.

It was great to see old friends and make new ones. I’m once again impressed with the quality of people who come out to enjoy the suffering together. This year was a ton of fun and very low drama. I appreciate that greatly. It’s easy to be concerned looking around the world we live in. I find immense joy and relief in knowing such excellent people exist. There is good in the world - you are proof of it.

Huge thanks to all the event staff and volunteers who took the time to prepare for the event. To score runners, keep people safe at the range, call hits, reset targets, cook DELICIOUS food, help handle logistics, get porta potties to the site, a wonder CUCV water buffalo, hauling trailers and a MOUNTAIN of other things that needed doing. I appreciate everyone who “saw a need and filled a need” as the event went on.

Thanks to the sponsors, for sending an overflowing amount of swag for us to enjoy. Some attendees felt the love of cola so deeply they too donated items to the prize table. Red dots, chef aprons, tourniquets, hats, stickers, patches, etc. Shout out to 8edeuce who donated the chef aprons I incorrectly attributed to another during the closing ceremonies.
If you won something or were awarded something at this event - go track those sponsors down. Hit them up on social media, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, their websites, email them & call them. Make an order for the things they sell and leave notes about loving their support of Cola Warrior. Review the items they make, design, and sell so others can find their wonderful products. Have an issue? Please contact sponsor directly to address. If there is an improvement to be made - they LOVE feedback and improving their wares.

I'm excited about the hard work everyone put in preparing themselves physically and training to perform better. there were fewer obstacle penalties this year. This was a highly penalized event due to the challenges at the range. 21 pistol targets and 15 rifle targets made for a tough course. The importance of building up a shooting position, quickly scanning the field, and engaging targets was driven home with the required change of shooting positions after each hit. CW West is a great place to learn how important high-capacity magazines can be (also known as standard capacity). Be ready in life for injuries that cause the need for offhand target engagement. Never give up in the face of the challenge, find a way. If large quantities of sugary ghosts attack you - use your proton pack and keep them at bay!

Gozer Peep and his band of miscreants lay defeated, we have conquered the wasteland once more!

Attachment Attached File

All who attended, I hope you learned something about yourself. A strength you didn't know you possessed. A weakness you identified - to turn into a strength. I look forward to hosting West 11 and seeing how everyone improves. The families who attend, I can't wait to see your kids grow and improve, learning to challenge the world. See you next year :).

Never stop improving. Let's keep climbing together!

Do hard things - be excellent to each other.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:09:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Reserved.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 1:13:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Had a great time, thanks for once again hosting a great event.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:30:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: meestermurphy] [#3]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Didn’t get a ton of pictures, mainly of my dog. But here is a bump.

Will post more in the morning after I get some sleep.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 2:49:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you to everyone who made CWW10 possible. Seems I learn something about myself every time I attend. I walk away with new goals and a few new friends. I look forward to future events and can't wait to see everyone next year.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:15:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: anthem_of_the_mind] [#5]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Salmon ladder obviously harder this year since it was sideways.
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 3:27:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/26/2024 12:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I was moping around all weekend, knowing I was missing the desert suffering this year.  I'm happy to see some new names toward the top of the leaderboard!  Continue to spread that word of the Cola War!  

Even though I wasn't there, props to the staff for putting in the hard work to make it all come together.  We all appreciate you guys!

Link Posted: 3/26/2024 4:58:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Such a good time, can't wait for next year. Going to start training for the chug immediately haha
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 12:08:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 6:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Bump for more pictures
Link Posted: 3/27/2024 8:12:38 PM EDT
[#11]
What a great event!

Thank you esstac, geissele, cci, arms unlimited, acnv & the rest of the amazing sponsors for doling out awesome prizes.

So happy to have Zander back at the range,  pls never leave us again!

Thank you to everyone who helped watch foxy while me and her dad were out doing the stuff. And everyone who made sure we were fed and sunscreened.

Congrats to BurnNTurn & TNF on your wins, it's been neat watching you both climb the score board over the last couple years. Also congrats to yukonboy03 & fazertron on your division wins as well.

Thanks and Goodwork to stoner, the range was the best so far as far as challenges go.

I placed the highest I've ever done and this was my 13th cola (5th west). 24/70.

Good work to all of you who have put in the work to improve from year to year. That's one of my fav parts of cola. To those of you who didn't, you have a year to practice, look forward to hearing excuses

We had 4 youth run the course and 3 of them beat 8 adults. That was rad.

Last but not least the food this year was incredible. The walleye from kolat post event has me drooling even now
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:03:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Back to work after west, the sad is real.

Was great to be back after a year off. My run was maybe ok, ending up at 7th place after doing it after being awake for 17 hours and driving 509 miles. Was going to run first thing Thursday but decided I would do it live after running all the people that convoyed with me.

Range and obstacles were great (even though I refuse to attempt the salmon ladder and death helix, mental block and all).

Range was especially harsh this year with the barricade being more unstable than most relationships I have been in. Penalties. All. Of. The. Penalties. Hopefully everyone learned some lessons from their performance and can work on that for the next year as they wallow in their failures.

Huge thanks to the staff for running an amazing event, and keeping us fed amazing meals in the wasteland. It was great to be back with y’all. Ben, Luke, Boobaloo, Binny Talls, MH, BC, Fitz all did great scoring the runners. Coyote did great at the range and it was nice to have half days up at the range. I am trash with names, but the guy driving the side by side all event was awesome getting us what we needed and making sure people weren’t running up and down the hill every runner. HDLS and the man with the amazing calves did great keeping us fed and it getting to the range.

I need to get over my mental block for overhead stuff for next year, and will be investing in a Razor 1-10 for a little more magnification. I shit the bed on rifle but smoked pistol. Fortunately I pulled it back together at the end and cleared rifle.

Stoner, thank you for all you do, I don’t think it gets said enough, but you pulled it together nicely, and are one of the best human beings I know.

Thank you to Geissele, Esstac, ADM, Leupold, Arms Unlimited, CCI, ACNV and all the amazing sponsors for making an amazing prize table.

Improvement starts today, see y’all next year, hopefully much before that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:05:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Tire take anyone out?

Looks like another awesome CWW!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:29:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By freeride21a:
Tire take anyone out?

View Quote

Nearly. I saw it get away from someone once when I was at the bottom of the hill.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:49:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Already got some of the prizes installed. Love having event-specific engravings. As always, thanks @sagmill these are awesome!

This new Uni @esstac- plate carrier... so light, so slick. Just waiting on Stu to send me the MC Black Velcro cummerbund he promised me.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Tire take anyone out?

View Quote

One guy got hit similarly to you but he didn't die
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:04:50 AM EDT
[#17]
I miss it already
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 1:09:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Tire take anyone out?

View Quote

I saw one gentleman in a yellow shirt who had a tire track running down his back after being ran over, does that count?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:00:52 AM EDT
[#19]
These pictures are making me miss the wasteland. I'll return one day!
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

The Doc Holiday soda definitely had double barrels of flavor, but was a poor choice by the gentleman who chose it as his chug.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 3:09:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By boobaloo:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By boobaloo:
Tire take anyone out?

The light at the end of the tire is a real thing!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#22]
DDR Doge hates the green tire!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:10:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MrSprocket:
DDR Doge hates the green tire!
View Quote

He was VERY upset by its existence, and kept going at it when I went on to the peeps and AK.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:36:12 PM EDT
[#24]
So bummed to miss another West.

Looks like it was awesome again!
Link Posted: 3/29/2024 9:54:30 PM EDT
[#25]
yes this is excellent but please present me with some video of runners.

Your friend in cola
Nick
Link Posted: 3/30/2024 1:11:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BMSMB] [#26]
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:

Your friend in cola
Nick
View Quote

Dear Nick,

Please be like Fievel... and come west.

-everyone at West/NW
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 1:05:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Tire take anyone out?

View Quote

Almost took out a dog after crashing the shitters
Link Posted: 4/2/2024 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By cwar_USA:

Your friend in cola
Nick
View Quote

yeah, where are some run videos?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top