Posted: 1/29/2024 1:02:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JohnStoner]
21-23 March 2024

White Hills, Arizona

WHO YOU GONNA CALL?! PEEP BUSTERS!!!

RESULTS THREAD

Attachment Attached File

"DROP EVERYTHING VENKMAN."

Peep the Peeprian, good evening. As a duly designated representative of the city, county and state of Cola, I order you to cease any and all diabetes activity and return forthwith to your place of origin or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension." -- Dr. Raymond Warrior

Attachment Attached File

Stories of years past whisper in the hills, and the great path once again calls.

Many had been lost there, returning changed. Rumors of a ghost, speaking in concise but mystical terms of building men.

The stranger was right, he had been watching. It was time again to gather and explore. To grow and learn.

Great obstacles await those who would dare venture to the Wasteland. Deep ravines, vehicle destroying monoliths left by prior civilizations.

Who will brave the challenges to arrive, only to face the unknown? Will they conquer, or be conquered?

Signup Link! (You must fill out the form to make the run list)

Breakdown of this years slot assignment:

15 Staff slots and sponsor slots.

10 slots for WEST Top 10, including Top 2 NVG and Women from West events. First come, first served.

25 slots for Cola Vets, any event. Randomly drawn after signups close.

15 slots for noobs/+1s.

10 random draws, 5 video essays which can include chug attempts. Chug, make videos. Make all the videos.

1st time to Cola Warrior? You need to be sponsored/recommended by an existing Cola Vet attending the event. If a Cola Vet's +1 violates the rules and is asked to leave, they (the Cola Vet) may be asked to accompany their +1’s departure. If you're a noob without a Cola Vet sponsor please contact me via PM.

Standby will be arranged by timestamp on the signup form.

Signups close February 20th and will be posted for the final time on February 25th. After that, your in is by video challenge. Chug a 2 liter, make it interesting. Group response will decide.

When: 21-23 March 2024. Note: on the signup screen, if you sign up to be staff, you must be on-site for setup and early runs prior to event.

Where: White Hills, Arizona in the Mojave Wasteland! The turn-off is 50-70 miles from McCarran Airport in Las Vegas. And about another 40 minute drive on dirt roads. A decent clearance vehicle is urged but 4WD is not necessary. Oh, and please note: there is no cell phone service for a couple of miles. This means that during an awkward silence in a conversation, one can't just whip out their gadget. I highly recommend anyone without a truck to park at the rendezvous point and be shuttled in, also, for those heading in please check the RP for people and give a ride to anyone you can. There were no casualties in 2015 and 2017, so things should be fine...right? Maybe a few tires were sacrificed in 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023 - ok please aim to miss the big sharp rocks. Maps will be emailed as we get closer to the event. There will be 2 travel paths outlined, 1 more direct from Las Vegas for experienced drivers. 1 more direct from Kingman and better accommodates oversized vehicles (Dolan Springs)

Local accommodations: There are 3 gas stations on Highway 93 within a mile of the White Hills turn-off. There is a cafe and some small fast food spots. There is also now one at Stockton Hill Rd. & Pierce Ferry Rd. Only expect these places to have the basics as far as supplies. If you would like to stay in civilization and just drive out for the events, Las Vegas/Henderson/Boulder City is your closest place for that on the Nevada side, and Kingman is almost equal distance on the Arizona side.

Sleeping arrangements on-site: People have successfully brought travel trailers & small motorhomes, if you have one that meets the clearance criteria, feel free to bring it. Your recommended route with larger vehicles and trailers is through Dolan Springs. Otherwise, please pack whatever camping gear in the manner you are accustomed. Tent, sleeping bag, and I recommend a tarp to place your tent on. If you have a pop-up shade structure, I recommend bringing it. It hasn't been terribly hot during the day in years past - however, shade is nice and helps prevent sunburns.

Restrooms: Porta-potties on site.

Food: With enough donations, we plan to have meals. Once an attendee list is finalized and a count determined - we'll know if it's dirt mixed with water or cooked food. Plan to have a few things with you to munch on if you got busy and missed a meal. Chefs are volunteers and don't cook to order.
Weds - roughing it, not many normally arrive this day
Thurs - Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
Fri - Breakfast Lunch and Dinner
Sat - Breakfast Lunch

Donations: There is no entry fee. That being said - organizing meals, latrines and incidentals take bucks. Averaged out over attendees is around $75 per person. Please give in what way you can so we can have the things.

Ppal donation link

Debit or Credit Card donation link

Persons of Interest:
The Ayatollah of Cola, Praise be Unto Him: RustedAce
Sultan of Sand: JohnStoner
Sultan of Sponsors/Swag: JohnStoner. Interested in sponsoring? Email: [email protected]
Sultan of Food: s_gorilla45
Sultan of Art: Jimmer218
Sultan of Finance: JohnStoner
Sultan of Maps: Seagean
Sultan of Kids Range: anthem_of_the_mind
Staff is appreciated and will say hi to yall on-site!

OVERALL RULES:
Follow all firearms safety rules.
No handling of firearms after drinking.
No items of a sexual nature, there are kids around.
Must sign a waiver before running the course.
Listen to CW Staff - if they tell you not to do something and you do it, you're done.
If you break any of these rules you will be banned from this and all future Cola Warriors.

COURSE RULES:
5 minute penalty for each failed obstacle.
Each obstacle must be seriously attempted for at least 10 seconds.
10 minutes to complete the obstacles.
5 minute penalty if ak47 field strip isn't complete
5 minute penalty for each uneaten peep
Last Peep must be in the mouth before the run.
5 minute penalty for each target left un-hit, one hit each steel target.
5 minute penalty for hitting pistol targets with rifle.
Reactive targets must be hit to react as designed, falling targets must fall.
10 minute total chug time allowed, everything left after will be penalized.
6x 12oz cans, 3x 24oz cans, or 1x 2liter with a 5oz chaser are the only allowed sizes. Non-standard sizes will count as 2 liter.
If you vomit before finishing a 12oz can, no matter how much is left that can it is a 5 minute penalty.
If you vomit before finishing a 24oz can, no matter how much is left that can is a 10 minute penalty.
If you vomit before finishing 2 liters, it is a 30 minute penalty

Your cleared/safe rifle, pistol, magazines, eye & ear protection, and chug must be carried from the Peep/AK station to the range. Highly recommend an Esstac chest rig, esstac belt, holster with retention. It could be useful in multiple roles! Safe solutions are welcome, if you don't have one - backpacks are provided at event.

Night run only: 5-minute penalty for visible light ND, 10-minute penalty for prolonged use.

Closing Ceremony:

Plan to attend. If you don't - items you may have been awarded will go back into the general prize pool. The only exception is a designated proxy who collects things on your behalf. Staff is already busy with things, so please don't request this of them.

Note:

1. The usual two pistol mags, two rifle mags rule is in effect with no capacity limit. To balance that, you only have 10 minutes from the first round fired to complete the course of fire. To avoid tearing up the nifty reactive steel targets, please don't bring calibers that exceed 3500 fps at the muzzle or 3500 ft/lbs of energy. Due to fire risk (really) and general liability, no ammo that attracts a magnet can be used.

Other Stuff:

Questions are great, but please keep an eye on this original post (OP) for the latest and greatest info.
This is a family event. We look forward to seeing the next generation of Cola Warriors advance through the ranks. We will have a kids course, which will be a miniaturized version of the regular one. Depending on age, we will use Airsoft or .22LR. If you've never been to a CW event, you won't be disappointed, these are the greatest human beings you could ever hope to puke with.

Remember to be cognizant of all state and local laws and edicts. Be courteous to those who desire safe social distancing and masks/sanitizing.

Combat class requirements:
Level 3+ special threat hard plates, front and rear
2 rifle mags with ammo
2 pistol mags with ammo
At least 1 quart of water
Medkit that consists of at least a tourniquet and combat bandage

All must be worn the entire duration and you need to have all of it on (minus used ammo) at the completion of the chug.

Night Vision Thursday night, Friday night. 4 per night, 1st come, 1st served. Procrastinate? Welcome to Saturday AM run.

If you say you are in and no show, you are banned for life, and nobody wants that, man. Hit that sign-up link.

Signup Link! (You must fill out the form to make the run list)

The Run List:
Daywalker
Night Vision

Staff:
JohnStoner
s_gorilla45
Anthem_of_the_mind
Meestermurphy
BinnyTalls/Boobaloo
CaliCo­ntractor
Pestoso
BMSMB (In spirit)
Splat2013 (In spirit)

(More helping than listed!!)

Sponsor attending/running:
Esstac x 5
Jolly Green Juan & Family
LockTimeAmmo
bajagringo
SirSqueeboo
TBD
­TBD
(Message me for info/corrections!)

If you filled out the signup form, plan on attending. Everyone made the run list!

Privilege (Top 10 etc)

Night Vision Runners:

Noobs:

Cola Vets:

Random:

Run list moved from standby:

Standby:

Didn't make the run list? No worries, feel free to come hang out anyways. If we have time you'll run for vet status but runners on list get priority. If attending but not running, please hit that donation link!

Keep on eye on the list. If you didn't select a screen name it's your name/initial or +1. Don't see your name or have an issue, message me. Mistakes can and do happen!

Shirts 20 (+5 for 3X or 4X)
Patch 12 for 1, 20 for 2
Add 10 to Ship, or nothing extra to get at event.
Ppal [email protected] friendly family

Must fill out form! If you don't, thanks for the donation (I'll have no idea what you ordered)

ORDER FORM

(This link will be live in the coming days, left here for formatting)
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:03:01 AM EDT
[#1]
In for staff!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:05:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Splat2013] [#2]
100 % out. Will be there in spirit!

Hopefully will be back to the desert wasteland for 2025 ❤️
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:10:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Cola Warrior west Is fun!!!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:14:51 AM EDT
[#4]
In!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:16:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Semi in. Same weekend as The Big Sandy.
Figuring out priorities.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:17:20 AM EDT
[#6]
In!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#7]
First time and in.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:24:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Thew] [#8]
EDIT: Out :-(
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:38:24 AM EDT
[#9]
In! We'll see if I can improve on last year.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:43:19 AM EDT
[#10]
In for staff!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:45:59 AM EDT
[#11]
In, forms submitted for myself and my +1, we're going to make him an ARF account for the screen name tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Dibs on extra peeps.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:52:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ecgRN] [#13]
I wish I wish I wish

I'm praying to the Gods  of Nephropathy to give me a break
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]
Sounds fun, wish I could make it.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:09:51 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:39:59 AM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By shade_1313:
In, forms submitted for myself and my +1, we're going to make him an ARF account for the screen name tomorrow.
View Quote

Your son? The next generation comes of age in the wasteland known as the "White Hills"
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By bajagringo:

Your son? The next generation comes of age in the wasteland known as the "White Hills"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By shade_1313:

Yep, he is doing his first adult run, at the age of 13.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:00:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HDLS] [#18]
100% in Combat.

Will cook.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:10:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Semi in. Same weekend as The Big Sandy.
Figuring out priorities.
View Quote

Both?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:14:28 AM EDT
[#20]
This helper will be coming along. He will help you with whatever you’re doing. Does he actually provide help? In his mind he does.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#21]
In.  Form submitted.  Hard to believe this is the 10th year already.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#22]
Submitted...
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:13:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8eDeuce] [#23]
In. Can help in the kitchen and other tasks.

Edit: Form submitted.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:23:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Iguana775] [#24]
In.  first time doing West after moving out here.

Filled out the form.  hoping to be there on thurs afternoon.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 9:34:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Since you said the road is a bit rough would it be recommended to bring my Wrangler or would my F150 be fine?
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Iguana775:
Since you said the road is a bit rough would it be recommended to bring my Wrangler or would my F150 be fine?
View Quote

Either one of those choices would be fine. If you have off-roading experience it can be done in a sedan, just not recommended due to ground clearance.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Yay
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:11:58 AM EDT
[#28]
In and form submitted!!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Really interested, working out dates.  Would be shooting the gap between baby shower and other family commits.  Will know today/tomorrow if I can pull it off.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:44:26 AM EDT
[#30]
In.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:58:35 AM EDT
[#31]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 11:59:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By jamie_leo:
Really interested, working out dates.  Would be shooting the gap between baby shower and other family commits.  Will know today/tomorrow if I can pull it off.
View Quote

Seems like you have time
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:16:27 PM EDT
[#33]
All signed up. Just gotta grab a plane ticket to Vegas. Anyone happen to have a backseat open and passing through? I’ll have snacks and maybe so salvage yard treasures
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm sitting this one out, guys.  It's going to be weird since this will be the first West I've missed (ignoring the COVID year). Enjoy your suffering, warriors!
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 1:03:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4wdBoss] [#35]
Meh. Slowjamistan is better.

THE REPUBLIC OF SLOWJAMASTAN
The United Territories of The Sovereign Nation of The People's Republic of Slowjamastan

https://www.slowjamastan.org/
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:15:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By 4wdBoss:

The United Territories of The Sovereign Nation of The People's Republic of Slowjamastan

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:17:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By hyperscott:
I'm sitting this one out, guys.  It's going to be weird since this will be the first West I've missed (ignoring the COVID year). Enjoy your suffering, warriors!
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 4wdBoss:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/29/2024 2:19:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Already shooting charity sporting clays that weekend.
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 3:38:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 7:41:36 PM EDT
[#42]
In as a sponsor again
Link Posted: 1/29/2024 8:45:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestoso] [#43]
In to help out as needed/staff

ETA: form submitted
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:13:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Bump
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 6:51:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By pestoso:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Ok folks I am seriously considering making legit ukraine  pergioes? There is a certain way to eat these as they need to be fried in butter in cast iron skillet to properly enjoy them, it can't be rushed. If I make I can make them and freeze over a few weeks time?

What say the hive?
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:
Ok folks I am seriously considering making legit ukraine  pergioes? There is a certain way to eat these as they need to be fried in butter in cast iron skillet to properly enjoy them, it can't be rushed. If I make I can make them and freeze over a few weeks time?

What say the hive?
View Quote

Heck yeah!

I missed the pierogies at keystone 2 by like literally 2 minutes and am still sad about it.
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:05:18 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By pestoso:

View Quote

My man...
Link Posted: 1/30/2024 8:48:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By CaliContractor:

What say the hive?
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/30/2024 9:33:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top