Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]

I feel safer already.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
GD will find a way to demonize the gun owner.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

So is this the Rosa Parks of CT AWB?

GD will find a way to demonize the gun owner.

Your post would be funny if it wasn't so true.  And I know it's true cause I've seen it happen way more than once.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:04:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Ya mean like NY, and RI?  Don't hold your breath.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Surrounding states militias need to get involved like in NV.

Ya mean like NY, and RI?  Don't hold your breath.

Or PA, VT, NH, MN, NJ...
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
What level of law breaking on the non AWB would be minor enough to get you pissed about the violation of his 2A rights?

Smoking pot?  Speeding?  Jaywalking?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is about them seizing his legally-owned rifle and magazines and charging him with a crime.  Apparently everyone here is okay with that.  

How would you feel if he'd shot both of the cops in the face?

We can talk all we want about not complying, but the last step of not complying is forcing people to stop making you comply by hurting or killing them. We're all law-abiding people, it's a hell of a long walk for us to get from "This law is bullshit" to "I'm going to shoot that cop."

Agreed, but the attitude of most people here appears to be:  "He shot inside of city limits.  Therefore, zero fucks given about his constitutional rights."

Maybe because he broke the law?  Peoples reactions may differ if he had done nothing wrong.

What level of law breaking on the non AWB would be minor enough to get you pissed about the violation of his 2A rights?

Smoking pot?  Speeding?  Jaywalking?

Apparently having a tail light out is grounds for having your rights violated.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:42:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Fuck man .22LR is hard to find and bloody expensive!!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he really use a 5.56mm rifle to shoot a squirrel inside city limits?!?  What did he think would happen.

To me the first rule of ignoring a law is to NOT invite the man into your life....I guess I am just weird that way

ETA: This is where a suppressed 22LR is needed.  I really should get on that sooner rather than later.

Yup, it's obsolete . I can gaurantee you if I was not complying with a state firearms law I sure as fuck would not call attention to myself by using firearms any where near city limits. It's still bullshit though. We need to get the NRA and the best criminal law attorney in the state to crush this case.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's hoping that the next step in massive noncompliance is jury nullification. Let him get tried on these bogus charges, and have the jury toss the charges on the mag & "AW."

ETA:
“As the investigation progressed the officers seized several firearms from the home for safe keeping,” Nielsen said. “That included the assault riffle and the three high capacity magazine he did not have registered.”
View Quote

What this describes is a situation where gun rights do not exist, at all. You have conditional permission to possess firearms, that can be revoked at any time, for the merest suspicion of any misdemeanor. I agree with the other poster, who said it's wrong that CT is allowed to send a delegation to sit in the US Congress. CT should have their statehood revoke. (And NY, and NJ, and...)
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yup, it's obsolete . I can gaurantee you if I was not complying with a state firearms law I sure as fuck would not call attention to myself by using firearms any where near city limits. It's still bullshit though. We need to get the NRA and the best criminal law attorney in the state to crush this case.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did he really use a 5.56mm rifle to shoot a squirrel inside city limits?!?  What did he think would happen.

To me the first rule of ignoring a law is to NOT invite the man into your life....I guess I am just weird that way

ETA: This is where a suppressed 22LR is needed.  I really should get on that sooner rather than later.

No need for the NRA. There is apparently already a carload of GDers on the way there now to bust him out. Meanwhile, us pussies will sit at home and say "fuck him" because we are anti 2A.

(Did I get that about right?)
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]
No matter what happens next, we now know for sure that there are at least some LEOs out there that will confiscate your weapons when ordered to do so by gun the grabbers
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good luck finding a CT judge who won't uphold.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It seems stupid to discharge a firearm in a tight neighborhood like that.  Houses look like they're 20~30ft apart.  
View Quote

We also need to remember he's only been charged with discharging a firearm.  The issue has not been proven and he has not been convicted.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 4:42:54 PM EDT
[#11]
So, what's the deal CT?  We going to rally in front of the Milford PD?  Prosecutors office?  Courthouse?  What's the game plan??

It's time to either shit or get off the pot.  And if you're not ready to take a big shit, stop bitching about these unconstitutional laws.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 7:23:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So, what's the deal CT?  We going to rally in front of the Milford PD?  Prosecutors office?  Courthouse?  What's the game plan??

It's time to either shit or get off the pot.  And if you're not ready to take a big shit, stop bitching about these unconstitutional laws.
View Quote

Indeed. I'm listening...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I wonder if he'll challenge it on 2A grounds.
View Quote

It's too late for him. He most likely talked to the police and gave a statement. That statement will now hang him. Everybody plead the 5th amendment!

More importantly don't do shit that puts the police on your door step!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Indeed. I'm listening...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. I'm listening...

Not like I'm very surprised, but it would appear that everyone from CT who has been whining about this shit for the past year are a bunch of spineless fucking keyboard commando's who are only about a half step removed from the filthy pieces of shit that wrote and passed the legislation.

If people aren't going to be willing to stand up for our rights - and put up a fight if needed - you all might as well go drop off your 'AW's at the local police station.  You should probably go ahead and kill yourselves too, because in your cowardice, you are dishonoring millions of Americans who came before you and weren't so selfish, short sighted and spineless.  They were willing to stand up and fight for our freedom and what is right, not roll over like a possum playing dead.

Time to buck up you fucking Sally's.

We must stand together, or surely we shall hang separately.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:23:48 AM EDT
[#15]
Has the BLM seized his land also?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

We also need to remember he's only been charged with discharging a firearm.  The issue has not been proven and he has not been convicted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It seems stupid to discharge a firearm in a tight neighborhood like that.  Houses look like they're 20~30ft apart.  

I'm not thinking popping a squirrel is really the issue here. Even if he was not convicted of the "squirrel" charge his AR and mags are gone.

Jury nullification if he is taken to trial for not registering the AR/mags would not get them back either.

The state has disarmed a citizen under the cover of another charge. As the CT po-po has access to who owns what black gun wise it's not much of a stretch to see them jackbooting their way into owner's homes over so-called "complaints".

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:03:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Needs Jury Nullification
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:13:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

This.  When guns are outlawed, 50% of ARFCOM will stand in line to turn in the other 50% of ARFCOM.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

What crime was committed?

Not registering his assault rifle.  

Regardless of your feelings toward a law, your options are to either comply with it or face the penalties of "will not comply".  This man either did not know about the change to the law or he knew and chose not to comply.

So....."he had it comin"

This.  When guns are outlawed, 50% of ARFCOM will stand in line to turn in the other 50% of ARFCOM.

Sig line worthy right there!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:20:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Not complying has consequences.  Choose your battles carefully
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]
one man at a time.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:24:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Not like I'm very surprised, but it would appear that everyone from CT who has been whining about this shit for the past year are a bunch of spineless fucking keyboard commando's who are only about a half step removed from the filthy pieces of shit that wrote and passed the legislation.

If people aren't going to be willing to stand up for our rights - and put up a fight if needed - you all might as well go drop off your 'AW's at the local police station.  You should probably go ahead and kill yourselves too, because in your cowardice, you are dishonoring millions of Americans who came before you and weren't so selfish, short sighted and spineless.  They were willing to stand up and fight for our freedom and what is right, not roll over like a possum playing dead.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. I'm listening...

Well....whats the plan?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:25:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Any of this look familiar?

1) Healthcare – Control healthcare and you control the people.

2) Poverty – Increase the poverty level as high as possible.  Poor people are easier to control and will not fight back if you are providing everything for them to live.

3) Debt – Increase debt to an unsustainable level.  That way you will be able to increase taxes – and this will produce more poverty.

4) Gun Control – Remove the ability for citizens to defend themselves from the government.  That way you will be able to create a police state.

5) Welfare – Take control of every aspect of their lives (food, housing, and income).

6) Education – Take control of what people read and listen to – take control of what children learn in school.

7) Religion – Remove belief in the God from the government and schools.

8) Class Warfare – Divide the people into the wealthy and the poor.  This will cause more discontent and it will be easier to take (tax) the wealthy with the support of the poor.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:32:49 AM EDT
[#23]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

For a squirrel?

http://www.natchezss.com/images/products/AU1B222339.jpg
Yup, this.  Out of my Savage MKII, it's quieter than a bb gun.  Really.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:39:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I'd imagine that a suppressed 22LR is more difficult in CT than the AR.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You'd be wrong.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
WTF?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
WTF?

James Toigo, 258 Housatonic Dr., was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, first-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree breach of peace, failure to register an assault rifle and three counts of possessing large-capacity magazines, according to a police press release.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:43:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Some of you people are fucking crazy.

Cops can't even raid the right address with good intel. Do you SERIOUSLY believe that they are going to pinpoint the exact address a gun shot came from when they are busy directing traffic even a block away? I highly doubt it was a 5.56 round, so in the event it was a .22LR it's even less believable.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 3:44:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
CT Person: FBHO, I ain't registerin!
ARFCOM: YEAH! MOLON LABEL!  err Labia, err whatever!  

CT Person: Damn I got caught
ARFCOM: Yew teh stewpid!
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:35:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Police were directing traffic in the area of Housatonic Histrionic Drive when they heard a gunshot nearby, according to the release.

FIFY  

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:43:39 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

This.  Rather than the "evil suppressor" I'd go with a high power air rifle like a Gamo or Beeman break action.  Technically it's not a firearm.  Cops can go fuck themselves without a warrant.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  Rather than the "evil suppressor" I'd go with a high power air rifle like a Gamo or Beeman break action.  Technically it's not a firearm.  Cops can go fuck themselves without a warrant.

I think they might have some restrictive laws up there regarding pellet, BB guns and slingshots.  I could be wrong.   Again...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They are charging a fucking 65 year-old guy who shot a fucking squirrel.  I say fuck them and I hope the same fucking militia that showed up down in Nevada surrounds this guy's house and tells the fucking CT JBTs to fuck off or face the fucking consequences.

FUDM and FBHO.
View Quote

LOL, well hows your opportunity to be the first to go do it.   Oh wait, you want others to go fight your battles and go to prison for you because your more important, but your convictions are strong?   Lol.  

Eta: 13er.  Explains everything.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:05:54 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:09:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Regardless of your feelings toward a law, your options are to either comply with it or face the penalties of "will not comply".  This man either did not know about the change to the law or he knew and chose not to comply.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

No.  He discharged a firearm in the city, killed a squirrel out of season and was probably observed doing so by the neighbors.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:20:00 AM EDT
[#33]

I once shot a chipmunk at 50 yds using a .243. The chippy exploderated. All we could find was the perfectly clean and intact little pelt.

I'm in agreement with everyone saying it probably wasn't an AR that old CT guy was using. As retarded as the banning of evile child molesting assault and dismembering rifles are, he probably got busted for having a Remington 870 duck gun without a 3 shot limiting hunting plug in it...
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It's disrespectful, you see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
shooting a squirrel is cruelty to an animal?

It's disrespectful, you see.

Squirrels have rights. Just like desert tortoises. Racists.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No.  He discharged a firearm in the city, killed a squirrel out of season and was probably observed doing so by the neighbors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
WTF?

Actually, both.  He's being charged with discharging a firearm within city limits, and with illegal possession of evil black rifles and high capacity 30 magazine clips.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:26:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No.  Didn't you read the story that you posted OP?  

From the story: "...was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, first-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree breach of peace,"  You do realize that this is a residential neighborhood in the city and even in season, hunting isn't allowed, right?

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:28:50 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

From the story: "...was charged with unlawful discharge of a firearm, cruelty to an animal, first-degree reckless endangerment, second-degree breach of peace,"  You do realize that this is a residential neighborhood in the city and even in season, hunting isn't allowed, right?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You also realize that he has not yet been tried and convicted, so as of right now we cannot say with certainty that he actually discharged a firearm?  Unless, you know, you believe Dan Malloy's bootlickers are all decent honest men who would never charge an innocent person, so we might as well do away with the whole trial and just throw him in prison.

Of course, in addition to the squirrel charge, he's also being charged with possession of 30 magazine clips and the shoulder thing that goes up.

ETA:  Sorry, got the confusion.  I didn't mean the squirrel homocide was the only thing he's being charged with.  I meant as of now he's only been charged, not convicted.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:35:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Alright CT gun owners, it's your move.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 5:44:06 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

You also realize that he has not yet been tried and convicted, so as of right now we cannot say with certainty that he actually discharged a firearm?  Unless, you know, you believe Dan Malloy's bootlickers are all decent honest men who would never charge an innocent person, so we might as well do away with the whole trial and just throw him in prison.

Of course, in addition to the squirrel charge, he's also being charged with possession of 30 magazine clips and the shoulder thing that goes up.

ETA:  Sorry, got the confusion.  I didn't mean the squirrel homocide was the only thing he's being charged with.  I meant as of now he's only been charged, not convicted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shooting a squirrel in the city is a sign that you're not all there.   That's how this got started.  You can't just tell the neighbors and the cops that they didn't hear nothin' or see nuthin' and I'm just fixin' breakfast, so now go away.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:00:32 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Shooting a squirrel in the city is a sign that you're not all there.   That's how this got started.  You can't just tell the neighbors and the cops that they didn't hear nothin' or see nuthin' and I'm just fixin' breakfast, so now go away.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They never definitively proved he shot a squirrel or discharged a firearm.  Didn't the article just say police heard a gunshot and said there was a call about a squirrel being shot?  Sounds to me like evidence construction because they already had this guy in a database.  Who easier to target than a 65yr old for their first steps of their plan.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#41]
I would like to know how they got inside the guy's house, which has not been explained anywhere.

And as for "safekeeping" .... Horseshit!
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:07:56 AM EDT
[#42]
The article is light on details but what I see as most likely is that the guy shot a squirrel with a .22 and when police asked him about it he admitted to it.  During their interview either he told them he had other guns or they saw them in the house leading to the additional charges related to the "assault weapon" and "high capacity magazines".  It is unlikely, albeit possible, that a warrant was obtained to search the house for weapons.

With a new and controversial law it isn't surprising in the least that the first arrest would be something added on to additional charges.  If the guy shot a squirrel in city limits the other charges would be legit and this is a way for the state to test the new law in court without having it be the only charge they are using.  

If that is true, much could be riding on this case for CT and the rest of the country because of what precedent it will set.  This is a case that the NRA probably does need to get behind and challenge on 2a grounds.  While the guy may not have a defense on the lesser charges the focus needs to be on the assault weapon charges to get the law overturned.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:11:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

They never definitively proved he shot a squirrel or discharged a firearm.  Didn't the article just say police heard a gunshot and said there was a call about a squirrel being shot?  Sounds to me like evidence construction because they already had this guy in a database.  Who easier to target than a 65yr old for their first steps of their plan.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have a dead squirrel as evidence for the crimes that started all this.  Do you suppose they set this guy up for poppin' a squirrel and not some other guy?  Do you realize in most places in the country, they take all the guns remotely connected with poaching, which is what this guy did.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:14:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
FIRST ARREST? Connecticut Man Faces Charges For Unregistered “Assault Rifle,” Standard Capacity Magazines

Is it happening?

ETA: For TL;DR crowd:  65 year-old guy shoots a squirrel in his back yard.  JBTs show up, search his house, find "large capacity" mags and an "unregistered assault rifle."  Charge him with violating new AWB.
View Quote

He needs a jury trial.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Well....whats the plan?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed. I'm listening...

Well....whats the plan?

I've still got my signs from the rally a few weeks back.  I'd say a rally on the steps of the Milford PD or in front of that scumsucking RINO McKinney's home in Fairfield.  From there further coordination can occur.  I have a pretty good idea that would send a VERY clear message and not expose participants to more risk than a simple misdemeanor.  It would, however, be poor OPSEC to publicly discuss such plans.

If anyone is serious about taking action, let's start (via PM) establishing a rally point & time where we can start sending a message via protest, and discuss further plans in person.  You know, NSA and all.  If you don't have a burner cell phone, it's time to pick one up.  Cash only, and preferably at a store where you are not known & doesn't have cameras.

Time to get moving, CT.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:15:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I would like to know how they got inside the guy's house, which has not been explained anywhere.

And as for "safekeeping" .... Horseshit!
View Quote

Poaching.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
One man at a time.
View Quote

This.
Chess not checkers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:01:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

This.
Chess not checkers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One man at a time.

This.
Chess not checkers.

Worked great in Kalifornia

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:04:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
One man at a time.

This.
Chess not checkers.

Working as planned here.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 7:50:16 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

NFA items are still legal here. There are quite a few autos, SBRs and suppressors running around.

It's why some of us here had to register at least some things. We already had to have local LEO sign off on our forms and they were already registered.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top