Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

And only because of the record manning just broke, you conduct the same poll last Feb 7th after he got curb stomped by Seattle and results would be way different
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How are terry Bradshaw and Troy aikman not on the poll.

Agreed, the poll is terrible to begin with.  Should look more like:

Montana
Brady
Aikman
Elway
P. Manning
Bradshaw

Next 4-5 are fringe but not really worthy of GOAT talk

You think Aikman and Bradshaw are better than Unitas, Favre, Marino? Even Bradshaw said that Favre was better than him. As said several times, you could never please everyone with 9 choices. That's why "other" is a choice. But those other choices are irrelevant, because Peyton and Joe are running away with it. I thought the results would be a bit more balanced than they are.

And only because of the record manning just broke, you conduct the same poll last Feb 7th after he got curb stomped by Seattle and results would be way different

Agreed.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:30:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Who has 4 championship rings? Oh yeah Joe Montana..
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:34:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Spot on.

A lot of the QBs mentioned here were playing completely different types of football.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The poll should be broken out between those quarterbacks who actually called their own plays and the ones who are told what to do via speakers in their helmets.  Modern day QB's have it way easier imho.

Spot on.

A lot of the QBs mentioned here were playing completely different types of football.

It's not all easier for the current generation. The defenders are much bigger and faster, and their height makes it tougher to see and throw over the line. The stadiums are much louder, making it extremely difficult (often impossible) to audible in some situations.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:34:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Hard time between Johnny U , Starr,( no Staubach..?)

Pre helmet radio, they called their own plays managed their own games., took a beating with out pussy flags,

Unitas frequently let the sidelines know how he felt about their play calling.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It's not all easier for the current generation. The defenders are much bigger and faster, and their height makes it tougher to see and throw over the line.
View Quote

No no no!!! Everyone knows today's players are just a bunch of pussies.... what with their 6'5" 260 pound asses running sub- 4.5second 40s and 36"+ vertical leaps.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:42:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

And Bart Starr has 5 championships. Bradshaw has 4, but also lost 4.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:51:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Michael Jordan.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:51:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Montana.

/thread
View Quote

so good they named a state after him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Dan Smith
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:56:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Joe Montana simply for the rings and nestalgia. If Payton wins another ring or two and extend those records he may take that number one spot.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bradshaw not listed in the poll, and even then my answer is still Montana...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:01:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's not all easier for the current generation. The defenders are much bigger and faster, and their height makes it tougher to see and throw over the line. The stadiums are much louder, making it extremely difficult (often impossible) to audible in some situations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The poll should be broken out between those quarterbacks who actually called their own plays and the ones who are told what to do via speakers in their helmets.  Modern day QB's have it way easier imho.

Spot on.

Today's QBs don't get hit like the old school guys did back in the day.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:16:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Michael Jordan.
View Quote

I'll bet he would have made an awesome receiver. He has huge hands, had great leaping ability, very good speed, and not prone to injury. He used to get hammered when driving to the lane, often getting knocked down hard, and always seemed to bounce up, unscathed. He should have tried that instead of baseball, LOL.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:25:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Ditka.

The answer to greatest football anything is always Ditka.

View Quote

I bow to your logic.

My second choice would be Joe Montana.  He has 4 SB rings.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 1:28:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Otto Graham.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:25:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Pure QB.

Marino, he broke 6 NFL season records in his second season, and his first season was not a full one. The amazing thing is how quickly he did most of it, and, how long it took  for his records to be broken, and how many different players it took to do it. There isn't a single player that has held, or still holds so many records at one time, and, did it with a team that had a single threat offense. Passing was about all Miami had most years, and he still found a way to make completions, even nearly half crippled and in leg braces for several years.

Active records

Most games, 400 or more yards passing, Career: 13
   Most seasons leading league, pass attempts: 5 (1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1997)
   Most seasons leading league, completions: 6 (1984–86, 1988, 1992, 1997)
   Most seasons leading league, lowest sack percentage: 10 (1983-89, 1994, 1997, 1999)
   Most consecutive seasons leading league, lowest sack percentage: 7 (1983-89)
   100 TD passes in fewest number of games to start career: 44 (9/7/1986 at San Diego)
   200 TD passes in fewest number of games to start career: 89 (9/17/1989 at New England)
   Monday Night Football, most passing yards: 9,654[36]
   Monday Night Football, most completions: 798
   Monday Night Football, most attempts: 1,303
   Monday Night Football, most touchdown passes: 74
   Monday Night Football, most wins as a starter: 20

Former records

Most yards passing, Season: 5,084, in 1984 (surpassed by Drew Brees in 2011 with 5,476; as of 2012 season, now 4th all time)
   Most fourth-quarter comeback wins, career (playoffs included): 36 (surpassed by Peyton Manning, 38, in 2012)
   Lowest percentage, passes intercepted, rookie season: 2.03 in 1983 (296–6) (surpassed by Charlie Batch, Detroit, 1.98 in 1998 (303–6))
   Most consecutive seasons, 3,000 or more yards passing: 9 (1984–92) (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2009 with 18) (1992–2009)
   Most games, 300 or more yards passing, season: 9 in 1984 (surpassed by Drew Brees with 13 in 2011)
   Most games, 300 or more yards passing, career: 63 (surpassed by Peyton Manning with 72 in 2012)
   Most games, 400 or more yards passing, playoffs: 2 (surpassed by Drew Brees with 3 in 2012 playoffs)
   Most touchdown passes, season: 48 in 1984 (surpassed by Peyton Manning (49) in 2004 and by Tom Brady (50) in 2007 and by Peyton Manning (55) in 2013).
   Most consecutive games, four or more touchdown passes: 4 in 1984 (surpassed by Peyton Manning in 2004)
   Most consecutive games, two or more touchdown passes: 12 (surpassed by Peyton Manning in 2004, Tom Brady in 2011, and Aaron Rodgers in 2011)
   Most consecutive games with a touchdown pass, playoffs: 13 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2004 and Tom Brady in 2007)
   Highest passer rating, rookie season: 96.0 (surpassed by Ben Roethlisberger in 2004 and by Russell Wilson and Robert Griffin III in 2012)
   Most seasons, 3,000 or more yards passing: 13 (1984–92, 1994–95, 1997–98) (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2005)
   Most completions, career: 4,967 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2006 and Peyton Manning in 2012)
   Most attempts, career: 8,358 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2007)
   40,000 career passing yards in fewest number of games to start career: 153 (surpassed by Drew Brees with 152 games in 2011)[37]
   Most yards passing, career: 61,361 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2007)
   Most touchdown passes, career: 420 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2007 and Peyton Manning in 2012)
   Most consecutive home games with a touchdown pass: 39 (1983–1988; surpassed by Tom Brady in 2013)[38]
   Most wins against one team: 24 against the Indianapolis Colts (surpassed by Brett Favre against the Detroit Lions in 2007)
   Most games, three or more touchdown passes, career: 62 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2007 and Peyton Manning in 2010)
   Most wins in different stadiums: 31 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2008)[39]
   50,000 career passing yards in fewest number of games to start career: 193 (surpassed by Peyton Manning in 2009)
   Highest career TD-INT differential: +168 (surpassed by Peyton Manning in 2009)
   Most games, four or more touchdown passes, career: 21 (surpassed by Brett Favre in 2009 and Peyton Manning in 2010)
   Most regular season wins, quarterback/head coach: 116 with Don Shula (surpassed by Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in 2011)

NFL records tied

Most games, 400 or more yards passing, Season: 4 in 1984; tied by Peyton Manning in 2013
   Most game-winning drives in the 4th quarter/overtime, career (including playoffs): 51; tied by Peyton Manning in 2013[40]
   Most seasons, 40 or more touchdown passes: 2 (1984, 1986); tied by Drew Brees in 2012 and Peyton Manning in 2013
   Most seasons leading league, yards gained: 5 (1984–86, 1988, 1992); tied with Sonny Jurgensen (Philadelphia, 1961–62; Washington, 1966–67, 1969)
   Most consecutive seasons leading league, completions: 3 (1984–86); tied with George Blanda (Houston, 1963–65)
   Most consecutive games, 400 or more yards passing: 2 (1984); tied with Dan Fouts (San Diego, 1982), Phil Simms (N.Y. Giants, 1985), Billy Volek (Tennessee, 2004), Matt Cassel (New England, 2008), Cam Newton (Carolina, 2011), Tom Brady (New England, 2011), Phillip Rivers (San Diego, 2013)
   Most games, four or more touchdown passes, season: 6 (1984); tied by Peyton Manning in 2004
   300 TD passes in fewest number of games to start career: 157 (9/4/1994 vs. New England); tied by Peyton Manning in 2007
   30,000 career passing yards in fewest number of games to start career: 114 (11/25/1990 at Cleveland); tied by Kurt Warner, October 18, 2009

Other notable accomplishments

5th most consecutive games streak of throwing at least one touchdown pass: 30[41]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
"Joe Montana was a product of the system. Dan Marino was the system" -Bill Walsh.
View Quote

well said

on sheer talent and natural ability

Marino
Elway
Namath
Rodgers
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:49:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Sammy Baugh - not just the greatest quarterback, but the best player, bar none.

And everything he did he did wearing a leather helmet and low-tech pads, in a game that wasn't one rule away from being played with flags.

It's not really a debatable answer.  
View Quote

the man led the league in interceptions, punt returns and TD passes in the same year
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:51:57 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't decide between Elway, Montana and Peyton Manning.  Aaron Rodgers will most likely be added to that in the next 8-10 years.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 2:54:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think Aaron Rodgers was a better quarterback too.  I almost look at Brett Farve like I look at Cal Ripken.  His greatness had as much to do with his longevity and durability as anything else.  Almost like a quantity as much as quality.  Doesn't he also have the league record for INT's?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really think Brett Farve was the best

Seriously? He was entertaining to watch, but I don't think he was even top ten. If I could have added 20 names to the poll, I would have included Favre.

Aaron Rodgers

I think Aaron Rodgers was a better quarterback too.  I almost look at Brett Farve like I look at Cal Ripken.  His greatness had as much to do with his longevity and durability as anything else.  Almost like a quantity as much as quality.  Doesn't he also have the league record for INT's?

He does.  That said, you cant be a shitbird and throw more than 500 touchdowns in the NFL.  Farve was great, but not the best.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:29:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Favre
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:39:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

And Terry Bradshaw...

Ben Worthlessburger & Eli each have two, what's your point?

Not that I disagree that Montana was great, but he also had Rice, Clark, Craig, Lott, Norton, etc., etc., etc.

Manning never had a Rice, just a bunch of guys he made look like him. Manning has made some very "meh" guys look like Hall of Famers, and been to three super bowls despite never having a defense or running game. :Shrugs

Montana was amazing, but he also had the coach, running game, receivers and defense that helped put it all together for him.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When the fuck did bradshaw lose four super bowls? He was 4-0 in the big game!
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:02:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct; I thought he won 8 AFC titles, but he won 8 AFC central titles. I was born in 69, but didn't watch football until I was a teenager, so I don't remember much from back then. Not too many of us were around back in the old days, so we all have to base our opinions on what we have learned about the old timers since then, which might not always be accurate. I do watch a fair amount of footage from the old days, but that's nothing like having been there. I had an awesome DVD about the history of the Packers, which had lots of footage from the leather helmet days (when there were a lot less teams), but I loaned it to a friend and now he can't find it. Lesson learned.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:07:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Pure QB.

Marino, he broke 6 NFL season records in his second season, and his first season was not a full one. The amazing thing is how quickly he did most of it, and, how long it took  for his records to be broken, and how many different players it took to do it. There isn't a single player that has held, or still holds so many records at one time, and, did it with a team that had a single threat offense. Passing was about all Miami had most years, and he still found a way to make completions, even nearly half crippled and in leg braces for several years.

View Quote

I don't think anyone would dispute the fact that Marino was a phenom. But since he never won a Super Bowl, I don't think we can call him the greatest ever. For that title, I think it takes good stats and championships.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Mark Sanchez?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I don't think anyone would dispute the fact that Marino was a phenom. But since he never won a Super Bowl, I don't think we can call him the greatest ever. For that title, I think it takes good stats and championships.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pure QB.

Aaron rogers, a 7th year player....and No favre....? The 20 year future hall of famer.....

OP your a a special kinda idjit

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:55:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 6:58:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Aaron rogers, a 7th year player....and No favre....? The 20 year future hall of famer.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pure QB.

Aaron Rodgers, the guy with the highest passer rating of all time, and a Super Bowl ring in only 6 seasons, versus the all-time interception leader, who only managed one Super Bowl victory in his entire career? You're the fucking idiot...
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:08:43 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote

Rodger wasted a few years holding a clipboard whilst backing up a has-been prima donna. You should check out the Favre exhibit at the Packers Hall of Fame. Oh wait, there isn't one.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Roger Staubach

"He attended the U.S. Naval Academy where he won a Heisman Trophy, and after graduation he served in the U.S. Navy, including a tour of duty in Vietnam.

Staubach joined the Dallas Cowboys in 1969. He played with the club during five seasons in which they played in the Super Bowl, four as the primary starting quarterback. He led the Cowboys to victories in Super Bowl VI and Super Bowl XII. Staubach was named Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl VI, becoming the first of four players to win both the Heisman Trophy and Super Bowl MVP, along with Jim Plunkett, Marcus Allen and Desmond Howard. He was named to the Pro Bowl six times during his 11-year NFL career."
View Quote

First name I thought of when I saw the thread title before even clicking on it.  And I didn't start watching football until the late 80's/early 90's.  

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Rodger wasted a few years holding a clipboard whilst backing up a has-been prima donna. You should check out the Favre exhibit at the Packers Hall of Fame. Oh wait, there isn't one.

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/KingRat_photos/simpsons_nelson_haha2_zpsc3e1b80b.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/zz296/KingRat_photos/simpsons_nelson_haha2_zpsc3e1b80b.jpg

lol doesnt change the fact that rogers body of work isnt there....we can debate who we would rather watch alll day
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 7:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Tom Brady, the guys been getting done with a questionable receiving corp for most of his career. Then there is his amazing performance in the playoffs and comeback wins. Not too many players in the NFL have ever matched his intensity, he is one competitive mofo. AND he's got the Super Bowl wins to back it up.

Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck may be in this conversation in 10 years. Rodgers amazes game after game in the clutch. Luck is putting up monster numbers but we'll see if he can get it done in the postseason. Peyton is a beast in the regular season but chokes in the playoffs every time. He barely got his sole Super Bowl win against the lowly Bears who were QB'd by fucking Rex Grossman. He's a class act and I wish him the best but his post season record knocks him way down my list. Montana and the others were before my time so I can't really say much about them. I have watched some old 49ers playoff games with Montana and I wasn't that much impressed with him, but it was a different era so hard to say.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:02:40 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Tom Brady, the guys been getting done with a questionable receiving corp for most of his career. Then there is his amazing performance in the playoffs and comeback wins. Not too many players in the NFL have ever matched his intensity, he is one competitive mofo. AND he's got the Super Bowl wins to back it up.

Aaron Rodgers and Andrew Luck may be in this conversation in 10 years. Rodgers amazes game after game in the clutch. Luck is putting up monster numbers but we'll see if he can get it done in the postseason. Peyton is a beast in the regular season but chokes in the playoffs every time. He barely got his sole Super Bowl win against the lowly Bears who were QB'd by fucking Rex Grossman. He's a class act and I wish him the best but his post season record knocks him way down my list. Montana and the others were before my time so I can't really say much about them. I have watched some old 49ers playoff games with Montana and I wasn't that much impressed with him, but it was a different era so hard to say.
View Quote

Brady is a hell of a quarterback, but i will never forget the first loss to the Giants in the superbowl.

He had time on the clock.  He threw 3 bombs to Randy Moss who was triple covered each time.  Never looked anywhere else.  Bad throws.  Just hoping his stud receiver bailed him out.

that wasn't the mark of a great quarterback.  he panicked and just hoped he got bailed out.

brady is the greatest, if all you need is a field goal and you have adam vineteri (sp?)
Where would tom be without the tuck rule?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Who has won championships in three different decades as a QB?

Hint: it ISN'T Montanna...................
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:10:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bart Starr has 5, including three in a row. Montana has done neither.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:13:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Not too many of us were around back in the old days, so we all have to base our opinions on what we have learned about the old timers since then, which might not always be accurate. I do watch a fair amount of footage from the old days, but that's nothing like having been there.
View Quote

Never thought about reading a book or three?
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 8:21:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Peyton Manning is the best REGULAR season QB of all time.

However, if regular season stats are all we're going by then Tony Romo is a top 5 all time QB.

Overall I'd have to go with Montana.

Active I'd have to go with Brady.

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Brady is a hell of a quarterback, but i will never forget the first loss to the Giants in the superbowl.

He had time on the clock.  He threw 3 bombs to Randy Moss who was triple covered each time.  Never looked anywhere else.  Bad throws.  Just hoping his stud receiver bailed him out.

that wasn't the mark of a great quarterback.  he panicked and just hoped he got bailed out.

brady is the greatest, if all you need is a field goal and you have adam vineteri (sp?)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah that loss to the Giants was pretty bad, but every QB on the list has shit the bed during a big game at one time or another.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Yeah that loss to the Giants was pretty bad, but every QB on the list has shit the bed during a big game at one time or another.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eli got lucky in that game with David Tyree's amazing off the helmet catch.

Brady was not so lucky when Welker dropped an easier to catch ball but really got screwed when Gronk got hurt in the AFC Championship.

ETA- I do not think Brady is the GOAT. I am of the opinion that you can only have a greatest QB of a particular era. Brady and Manning are the top two contenders for their era.
Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:30:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

And Terry Bradshaw...

Not that I disagree that Montana was great, but he also had Rice, Clark, Craig, Lott, Norton, etc., etc., etc.

Manning never had a Rice, just a bunch of guys he made look like him. Manning has made some very "meh" guys look like Hall of Famers, and been to three super bowls despite never having a defense or running game. :Shrugs

Montana was amazing, but he also had the coach, running game, receivers and defense that helped put it all together for him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Terry Bradshaw...

You do realize Marvin Harrison will be in the Hall of Fame someday right?  And that Edgerrin James is 11th all time in rushing yards?  And that the Colts had the #3 ranked defense in 2007?

Link Posted: 10/21/2014 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not too many of us were around back in the old days, so we all have to base our opinions on what we have learned about the old timers since then, which might not always be accurate. I do watch a fair amount of footage from the old days, but that's nothing like having been there.

Where did it say that I don't read?
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:30:34 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
How do the people claiming Montana was a product of Walsh's system explain his National Championship at Notre Dame?
View Quote

Being good in college isn't the same as being good in the NFL.  Ask Ryan Leaf.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#45]
Todd Marinovich
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 4:54:09 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Uncle Rico.
View Quote

Poll Fail

Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:19:22 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How do the people claiming Montana was a product of Walsh's system explain his National Championship at Notre Dame?

Or Jay Cutler
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:24:00 PM EDT
[#48]
John Elway.

He took five Broncos teams to the Super Bowl, three of which didn't belong there, but he was so good it didn't matter. He carried those slightly above average teams deep into the playoffs. Many people don't realize this, but he was probably the best running QB in the NFL for years and also had the strongest arm. In short, he ran better than Cam Newton and had a better arm than Aaron Rodgers.

Look at his stats. Not too shabby, especially considering Dan Reeves, his coach for many years, hated throwing the ball.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:25:19 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Or Jay Cutler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Jay Cutler

Cutler is a decent quarterback.  He sure as hell wouldn't be my first choice, but you could do a lot worse.
Link Posted: 10/22/2014 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
John Elway.

He took five Broncos teams to the Super Bowl, three of which didn't belong there, but he was so good it didn't matter. He carried those slightly above average teams deep into the playoffs. Many people don't realize this, but he was probably the best running QB in the NFL for years and also had the strongest arm. In short, he ran better than Cam Newton and had a better arm than Aaron Rodgers.

Look at his stats. Not too shabby, especially considering Dan Reeves, his coach for many years, hated throwing the ball.
View Quote

That's why I listed Elway in my post.  Imagine what he could have done if he wasn't the only good player on the first three Broncos squads he took to the Super Bowl.  That guy was the master at doing something with nothing.
Page / 10
Top Top