Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:13:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
where are people getting the $$ for all this stuff? Thats my question..

Visa.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:15:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This should fluff holiday sales figures. LOL.

You say that in jest, but I wonder if it would be possible to break it out when the financial press starts
reporting 4th quarter and "christmas" sales numbers?

I'd be the $ amount would not be insignificant.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:16:09 PM EDT
[#3]
where were all these people on election day?
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It makes me smile that all these homeland defense rifles, magazines and ammo are now in the hands of the citizenry.

America is much better armed than it was a week ago.

Link Posted: 12/21/2012 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
S&G zero quanities on everthing all listed calibers
Powder valley website down
Most websites down

This is a total buy the shelves clean rip roarin carnivore chewed the bones event unlike Any Ive ever seen and ive seen quite a few.
this wont be restocked next week or next month this thing has totally cleared out the supply chain
This feels like musical chairs the music has stopped, you gots what you gots.
Im sorry 7k for pmags is fuxkin insane.  Thats not a investment IMHO
Just make do with what you have.
If all you have is a 10-22 and a half a brick make do.
When supply comes back in amunition it wont be more $than this IMHO it might be the same but not more.
Ifyou had no p-mags I could see buying one for $70 but 100?
Every ar-15 in the supply chain and every ar-15 magazine just got sold in 3 days.Either sell or sit tight i would not be buying anything firearm related here.

Good sir, you take home the award for today. This unique, respected, and coveted award is given to persons who butcher the Good Kings English so terribly, little puppies weep.

Whatever you are doing, I beseech you to change directions. I'm sure many of us are praying that you are still in school and not a legal adult, there may be some time to repair whatever damage has been inflicted upon you.

Beyond that, the final hope is that you have not yet diluted the gene pool. If you have procreated, my God have mercy on your soul.

That being said, after close examination of your words, I believe your points to be mostly corrected. It just hurt reading that.

Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Most websites down

This is a total buy the shelves clean rip roarin carnivore chewed the bones event unlike Any Ive ever seen and ive seen quite a few.
this wont be restocked next week or next month this thing has totally cleared out the supply chain
Im sorry 7k for pmags is fuxkin insane. Thats not a investment IMHO
When supply comes back in amunition it wont be more $than this IMHO it might be the same but not more.
Every ar-15 in the supply chain and every ar-15 magazine just got sold in 3 days.Either sell or sit tight i would not be buying anything firearm related here.

Good sir, you take home the award for today. This unique, respected, and coveted award is given to persons who butcher the Good Kings English so terribly, little puppies weep.

(Two incomplete sentences.  a comma rather than a period would have made a sentence of this)

Whatever you are doing, I beseech you to change directions. I'm sure many of us are praying that you are still in school and not a legal adult, there may be some time to repair whatever damage has been inflicted upon you.

( once again two incomplete sentences, narratives in the third person incorrect read strunk and white)

Beyond that, the final hope is that you have not yet diluted the gene pool. If you have procreated, my God have mercy on your soul.

( Continuance of Narrative in the third person incorrect but typically used to avoid directly voicing a opinion " My hope is that you have not diluted the gene pool.)

That being said, after close examination of your words, I believe your points to be mostly corrected. It just hurt reading that.

(Tense error , followed by incomplete sentence. Third person narrative abandoned once critique is finished and first person abruptly resumed)  
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:11:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Most websites down

Im sorry 7k for pmags is fuxkin insane. Thats not a investment IMHO

(Two incomplete sentences.  a comma rather than a period would have made a sentence of this)

( once again two incomplete sentences, narratives in the third person incorrect read strunk and white)

( Continuance of Narrative in the third person incorrect but typically used to avoid directly voicing a opinion " My hope is that you have not diluted the gene pool.)

(Tense error , followed by incomplete sentence. Third person narrative abandoned once critique is finished and first person abruptly resumed)  

Better use of punctuation this go-round, bravo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:29:31 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Plastic
Link Posted: 12/21/2012 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hit all the local shops in the last week, the run on Pmags is amazing, pretty much all were gone with places that did have some were limiting 4 or so per customer.
One of the more popular shops was sitting on four or five cases of Pmags from 2008 and sold all by wed. Didn't see any significant gouging, windows at the most were $30 and non windows $15-20.

Personally I think the run is silly, there are so many AR mags out there now compared to 1994 that even with a ban on new production/import they would still be uber common.

The mags to go frenzy on are hard to come by scarcer hicap  proprietary mags like 7.62 FN , Sig551 , MSAR-AUG etc ...
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:26:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That is a damn good question,
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:29:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Maybe the panic won't last long.

Tax returns are coming after the new year and tax season is always good for an increase in demand.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Aim sold 185+ glock 17 mags in less than 15 minutes.

Damn what are you going to do with all those mags?

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:33:34 AM EDT
[#13]
If I weren't deployed right now, I'd be seriously tempted to trade my Cardinal 6.8SPC (1:11) AR, my RRA 9mm AR, my PTR-91 with a folding stock and a Polytech M-14S for an airplane.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:37:16 AM EDT
[#14]
This is a little excessive.  It makes the 2008 election time period seem like a small upswing in business.  I really don't think the politicians will ban anything if they value their careers.  It is surreal.  Shooting as a hobby is far more popular now than it has ever been.  It makes me wonder if Obama knows exactly what can of worms he may be opening?

(as Quigley Down Under)

This ain't 1994 and you ain't Bill Clinton.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:40:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

It won't.  They'll run out of stock!
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 2:44:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I was talking to the old man yesterday ....he asks me to go to Gander Mountain with him today to "pick up some ammo"

Dad, GM is ridiculous on prices in normal times......you want ammo go somewhere else, but even then, they probably wont have any .223/5.56.

Dad: Oh I got plenty of that......( he has 80 rounds of 5.56) ...I want some 45 colt for the Henry.......

WTF dad , I doubt that theyre gonna ban fucking 45 colt for petes sake....

And do you know what that shithole is gonna be like tomorrow at 1pm??????Its right next to the mall

JFC, my Saturday is gonna suck.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:37:45 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I was talking to the old man yesterday ....he asks me to go to Gander Mountain with him today to "pick up some ammo"

Dad, GM is ridiculous on prices in normal times......you want ammo go somewhere else, but even then, they probably wont have any .223/5.56.

Dad: Oh I got plenty of that......( he has 80 rounds of 5.56) ...I want some 45 colt for the Henry.......

And do you know what that shithole is gonna be like tomorrow at 1pm??????Its right next to the mall

I'd just tell him they were out and not go.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 3:44:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Its going to make holiday retail numbers look great
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:22:42 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Visa, MC, Discover Card

Just wait, when the figures come out about the millions spent this week, O will take claim for turning the economy around.

Well.. He is responsible. :)

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:39:10 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude.

Credit card. Max that bitch out, go broke, then have Obongo feed your kids and pay your mortgage.

I'm just pissed that I can't find enough shit to even tease the Rev limiter on the business Card.

Nobodys got lowers, glock Mags, or less than Proctology quality Gouging on ammo.

Fuckers!

Wanna bet some unaccountable and unknown beaureaucrat will add a "no bailout for debts incurred on the purchase of firearms" clause hidden somewhere in their rules.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:43:26 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Guys.

The NRA is still fully stocked with life memberships.

In one year, when my membership expires, if I can still buy stripped lowers at my leisure I will get a life membership for myself and my son.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If Metalform, Mec-Gar, Magpul, Checkmate, OK Ind., et al. are not running 3 shifts 24/7, they will be after Xmas.  

The backlog must be insane.

They'll need to hire and train more staff first. Finding qualified people takes time.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:47:32 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

My question is how are people finding the time to hit multiple LGS's a day during a normal work week?

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:49:13 AM EDT
[#24]
It's good but I hope people aren't stretching their finances to much
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:50:47 AM EDT
[#25]
I stocked up on glock mags during gaby giffords incident.  

I have panic bought during every mass shooting in the last 5 years.  I have also panic bought last two elections, and election years, very different circumstance.  thats my badge of honor.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

My question is how are people finding the time to hit multiple LGS's a day during a normal work week?

Unemplyment baby, how does it work?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#27]
My SIL called me from a gunshop last night, she wanted to know what kind of mags my brother in law may want for christmas. I told her he has an AR and a Mini-14, she bought the last factory mini mag and the last two brownells 20 rounders the shop had. It was a half hour after their closing time and she said the line to the counter was long, the place was packed. I drove by a place called valley guns twice yesterday, their lot was packed with cars both times.

Local shops are doing balls to the walls business but I wonder how they are going to restock to stay open.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 8:18:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You are a lucky man! You get to spend all day with your father.

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:06:29 AM EDT
[#29]
...that's just one company. Wonder how midway, bravo company or any of the other big guys did?

Probably nobody but Brownells and possibly Midway had 3-1/2 years worth of inventory!

I heard that Magpul is only producing black magazines so as to increase their production efficiency (no downtime to switch colors).

Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#30]

Meanwhile, here in Alberta, I cannot find a gas tube.  But I managed to score 20 magazines, an Aero Precision lower, a DPMS lower parts kit, a buffer and a buffer spring.

With a little luck, I will be able to bring a new EBR to life.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:23:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I saw this coming and bought my one and only "assault weapon" the Friday prior to election day. I was raking in some nice dough pulling 4 A.M. shifts, and figured if I didn't buy one then, I wouldn't be able to afford one later (now). I chose wisely.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#32]
Is it just me or are the fudd guns going up??  I might have to buy one.......
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:35:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw this coming and bought my one and only "assault weapon" the Friday prior to election day. I was raking in some nice dough pulling 4 A.M. shifts, and figured if I didn't buy one then, I wouldn't be able to afford one later (now). I chose wisely.

If this had happened in October and The Zero called for a ban we'd be at GD talking about President Romney.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:46:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
If Metalform, Mec-Gar, Magpul, Checkmate, OK Ind., et al. are not running 3 shifts 24/7, they will be after Xmas.  

The backlog must be insane.

They'll need to hire and train more staff first. Finding qualified people takes time.

Pass out the meth and tell them to get back to work.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:49:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
My SIL called me from a gunshop last night, she wanted to know what kind of mags my brother in law may want for christmas. I told her he has an AR and a Mini-14, she bought the last factory mini mag and the last two brownells 20 rounders the shop had. It was a half hour after their closing time and she said the line to the counter was long, the place was packed. I drove by a place called valley guns twice yesterday, their lot was packed with cars both times.

Local shops are doing balls to the walls business but I wonder how they are going to restock to stay open.

Used firearms, lever-actions, bolt-actions, double barrels, pump shot-guns and the like will still be available...at lest they were still in the Fairplanes Great Outdoors store a couple of days ago. That and some handguns.

PS Anyone know what is left at the South Gate WV Gander Mountains Store?
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 9:55:22 AM EDT
[#36]
I was Chirstmas shopping near Dicks and walked into look around. All that was left was .243, .270, .300 Win. And a half empty box of .223 Silver tip HP. There were two guys buying up the last few boxes of .30-06 who said they were buying for their Garands. Plenty of 12 and 20 ga bird loads though!
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:03:23 AM EDT
[#37]
O sees this. But more importantly politicians looking for realections see it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2012 10:35:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tax returns are coming after the new year and tax season is always good for an increase in demand.

Actually tax returns might not be coming unless a debt deal is reached... The government will run out of money by sometime in February.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:09:04 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Meanwhile, here in Alberta, I cannot find a gas tube.  But I managed to score 20 magazines, an Aero Precision lower, a DPMS lower parts kit, a buffer and a buffer spring.

With a little luck, I will be able to bring a new EBR to life.

Just stick a bendy straw in there, it'll get ya by.

Lol, J/K
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:28:08 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Tax returns are coming after the new year and tax season is always good for an increase in demand.[/quo

What is this "Tax Return" thing of which you speak?

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 6:50:32 AM EDT
[#41]
I was talking to a friend of mine who works the gun section at Bass pro.

When Obama was first elected the CBI background checks ran with about 1000 back logged waiting on their background checks to clear. This was a Colorado CBI record. Time for you to be cleared. 12 - 16 hours

Yesterday he told me the back log was at 8600+ and the time for the CBI background checks to come back are anywhere from 78 - 86 hours smashing the old Colorado CBI records for the number of back ground checks.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:06:30 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Ding - ding....this is the $64 thousand dollar question.

It is not too far fetched to say a good ratio of new buyers are Obama voters - reacting to Uncle Sugar threatening to take something away.

Most disappointing is the many conservative leaning buyers who sat on the sidelines because they didn't like the other guy.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:09:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Hit all the local shops in the last week, the run on Pmags is amazing, pretty much all were gone with places that did have some were limiting 4 or so per customer.
One of the more popular shops was sitting on four or five cases of Pmags from 2008 and sold all by wed. Didn't see any significant gouging, windows at the most were $30 and non windows $15-20.

Personally I think the run is silly, there are so many AR mags out there now compared to 1994 that even with a ban on new production/import they would still be uber common.

The mags to go frenzy on are hard to come by scarcer hicap  proprietary mags like 7.62 FN , Sig551 , MSAR-AUG etc ...

3 days ago my local shop had 15-20 7.62 FN mags for $50 each. Almost bought them but held off. Went back yesterday and they were all gone, along with everything else in the entire store. I'm an idiot
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is not too far fetched to say a good ratio of new buyers are Obama voters - reacting to Uncle Sugar threatening to take something away.

Most disappointing is the many conservative leaning voters who sat on the sidelines because they didn't like the other guy.

I doubt it.

Everyone I saw Friday at the gun store was "reloading" not buying their first.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#45]
I personally sold $20k in AR's yesterday at the shop and most of it was on a credit card. A few of the guys u could tell should not have been buying a $1500 rifle, but the desperation was so great it overwhelmed them.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:23:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Most disappointing is the many conservative leaning voters who sat on the sidelines because they didn't like the other guy.

I doubt it.

Everyone I saw Friday at the gun store was "reloading" not buying their first.

Doubt all you want...the numbers tell a different story.  
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:35:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the many conservative leaning buyers who sat on the sidelines because they didn't like the other guy.

I'd say that one.
Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I guess everyone learned their lesson from the last time.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 7:49:52 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a damn good question,

They sure as shit didn't get out and vote for Romney.

Link Posted: 12/23/2012 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Mastercard.  

That's what I did.  Then I went online and paid my mastercard balance from my checking account.  :)

I used the "Layaway" option at Bud's to secure an M&P45C, last week, on the night of the shooting.  Paid that off this week as well.  I just wanted to "lock one in" more than anything, and delay the "pay for it" aspect until the wife was done Christmas shopping.  I'm by no means "well off", but I am careful about what I buy, and how I'm buying it.  

I sold my BCM 12.5" (unfired) pistol a few days ago.  I've got a variety of other AR's in the safe, and my "SBR suppressor" project just got put on indefinite hold.  The pistol was  quick way to generate some cash.  

I don't have a problem using a credit card, as long as you still treat it as an extension of your checking account.  If you use it in -addition- to your checking account, then problems can arise.  I don't have any gun stuff that isn't paid for.  While I don't have an ammo fort the likes of many here, I'm sufficiently stocked that I'm selling a couple of Saiga 12s, and felt confident selling that BCM pistol.

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top