Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:34:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Did you drive by and yell "NICE MELLONS!" like I do???
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Free the malk!
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Raw milk ... figures.

That's shit is a nasty bad habit. Most people just do pasteurized milk but some progress to the hard raw stuff.
View Quote

True.

I had a cousin that was hitting the yoghurt pretty hard.

Last I heard, he's hooked on cheese.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#5]
raw milk !  <gasp>

hang the bastards! but do it quick, we're having a freedom march later and rejoicing  in our liberty. see? I have a permit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Free the malk!
View Quote

Say milkshake.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:43:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well if he payed his taxes and picked up that can there wouldn't be an issue. Just sayin'
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
You gotta break some farmers if you want to eat some eggs.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Pisses me off.  Had some undocumented workers stealing water from out fire hydrants....even a direct hydraulic connection with a pesticide tank (no BPD) and the police let them drive off with no license, no CDL and our water.  They said they couldn't prosecute.  

Sad that some Arfcommers will justify this shit over raw milk....we once had a choice, but some hate freedom.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
May your chains rest lightly upon you.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Well if he payed his taxes and didn't sell unpasteurized milk there wouldn't be an issue. Just sayin'
May your chains rest lightly upon you.  

Think you need to calibrate your sarcasm meter.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Ohhh, raw milk.  For centuries people have been drinking that crap and now it merits a SWAT raid.  I feel safer now.

I think they should raid water works.  Hydrogen monoxide has killed every single person who has ingested it.  No exception.  Sh*t's nasty and like carbon monoxide, is oderless and tasteless.   Worse, it can be found in any city, any college, university, most workplaces and worse of all, any schools including kindergarden where the kids don't have fully developed immune system.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:49:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Wait....is raw milk, illegal?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:50:08 PM EDT
[#13]

how many people here defended them by pointing out the dangers or berry bushes ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#14]
but without government, who will keep people from selling raw milk?
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:50:50 PM EDT
[#15]
I need a bumper sticker that reads:

"NO USDA.
MORE FARMS."

in the style of...

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:53:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Well if he payed his taxes and didn't sell unpasteurized milk there wouldn't be an issue. Just sayin'
View Quote

Man this place is infested with commies lately.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Not that I agree with using SWAT/SRT on a raw milk raid (I think it is horseshit)...you do realize that raw milk is prohibited from open sale for a very good reason right?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not that I agree with using SWAT/SRT on a raw milk raid (I think it is horseshit)...you do realize that raw milk is prohibited from open sale for a very good reason right?

What reason is that?  Raw milk may have harmful microorganisms?  Like raw eggs may have harmful microorganisms, or oysters, or sushi?   Or is raw milk a known carcinogen like tobacco smoke?  

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

True.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Raw milk ... figures.

That's shit is a nasty bad habit. Most people just do pasteurized milk but some progress to the hard raw stuff.

True.

Better call the butter police once they get to the sour creme stage of addiction they never come out of it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 4:57:16 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote
You are the problem.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:00:14 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Years and years ago the Supreme Court ruled that wheat grown on a mans farm and fed to his animal was interstate commerce because if affected the market because he wasn't buying wheat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If he was selling Raw milk in state what business is that of the USDA?  Should be a state enforcement issue.

I definitely believe that these cases are going to make it to the SCotUS some day, under "interstate commerce".

I'm not sure what other enumerated power could even remotely be applied to these raids?

Years and years ago the Supreme Court ruled that wheat grown on a mans farm and fed to his animal was interstate commerce because if affected the market because he wasn't buying wheat.
Yup. That ruling has been used to force a lot of bullshit on folks

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:03:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Same reasoning as Raich v Gonzales.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:04:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Food is the ultimate weapon.  Milk must be a nerve gas then.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:05:28 PM EDT
[#23]
So you need a SWAT team to bust a farmer selling raw milk? For heavens sake. What happened to having the local LEO going out to have a talk with people? Do they really think that these people are sooooo dangerous that a SWAT team with automatic weapons and armoured vehicles are needed? And who said he wasn't paying taxes? The IRS? yea...you can really trust those folks.

This country is so screwed
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm glad that they got such a highly dangerous man of the streets, I would like an explanation as to why something like that warranted a swat team.
I feel as if the resources they wasted bringing that guy in could've been used better elsewhere, but what do I know because I am just a lowly peon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:07:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Wait, I'm a communist because I don't see an issue with someone refusing to pay taxes and then being held accountable? Oh, ok.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:07:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wait, I'm a communist because I don't see an issue with someone refusing to pay taxes and then being held accountable?

View Quote

Yeah pretty much.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:09:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Yeah pretty much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, I'm a communist because I don't see an issue with someone refusing to pay taxes and then being held accountable?

Yeah pretty much.

Makes sense [img]http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/smiley_abused.gif[/img

I could really give a shit less about raw milk and admittedly and am not well versed with the policy/reasoning on the matter so I don't care whether its raw or not. I only included that in my original post as to not cherry pick. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with tax laws being enforced or someone skirting around paying their taxes being caught.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:09:12 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
The government is a bad joke, how can anyone take them seriously.
View Quote

Because if you don't they show up and kill you... "For your safety" of course.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yeah pretty much.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah pretty much.

Taxes are serious business.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1646094_NYPD_Kill_Man_by_Placing_him_in_Chokehold_and_Slamming_Face_to_Sidewalk___video.html

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Makes sense
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah pretty much.

Makes sense

Say Ten Ayn Rands and commie no more.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:10:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Raw milk ... figures.

View Quote

yeah, I try to stay away from it.  I'm drinking a half assed concoction tonight;  sweetened coconut milk, ice, pinapple chunks, rum, and ice all blended together.  I feel it's safe.     I could never find the nipples on a coconut so I have to buy mine in a can.  
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:12:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Raw milk ... figures.

View Quote

Otherwise known as gateway milk. As they become addicted they need it in pure, undiluted form. I understand skim milk is used to ease withdrawal in the dairy addict rehab centers.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

So you need a SWAT team to bust a farmer selling raw milk? For heavens sake. What happened to having the local LEO going out to have a talk with people? Do they really think that these people are sooooo dangerous that a SWAT team with automatic weapons and armoured vehicles are needed? And who said he wasn't paying taxes? The IRS? yea...you can really trust those folks.

This country is so screwed
View Quote
It's conditioning

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:20:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:38:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You do realize it is legal in 26 states, and legal if you buy herd shares in another 11.

And legal in another 3 states if it is sold for *wink*wink*  pet food.

It's only illegal in 10 states.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wait....is raw milk, illegal?
View Quote

State by State Guide
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:47:05 PM EDT
[#37]
I feel safer already. At least they are making good use of those left over MRAP's.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:49:15 PM EDT
[#38]
DV8....you talkn bout down by Waxhaw? I seen a bunch of deputies blocking the road and Hiway Patrol putting on Kevlar. Not sure on the MRAPS...There were some vehicles off in the edge of the woods. When word got back to me about the farmer and the milk I kinda got worried cause I'm sitting in my vehicle with fresh eggs from my chickens in the back seat taking them to Father in Law.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:51:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
DV8....you talkn bout down by Waxhaw? I seen a bunch of deputies blocking the road and Hiway Patrol putting on Kevlar. Not sure on the MRAPS...There were some vehicles off in the edge of the woods. When word got back to me about the farmer and the milk I kinda got worried cause I'm sitting in my vehicle with fresh eggs Biological Weapon Incubators from my chickens in the back seat taking them to Father in Law.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#40]
Where in NC?

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:05:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Where in NC?

View Quote
Waxhaw is where DV8 works

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:06:29 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Never gonna happen.

We are quickly becoming 'Germany' in our mindset about laws and government.  If it is 'the law' people just cluck their tongues and shut their eyes.

TRG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.

Never gonna happen.

We are quickly becoming 'Germany' in our mindset about laws and government.  If it is 'the law' people just cluck their tongues and shut their eyes.

TRG

Except when the government itself breaks the law, in which case nobody gives a shit because they got their "special interest" taken care of.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:08:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
If he was selling Raw milk in state what business is that of the USDA?  Should be a state enforcement issue.

I definitely believe that these cases are going to make it to the SCotUS some day, under "interstate commerce".
I'm not sure what other enumerated power could even remotely be applied to these raids?

That particular court should have been tarred and feathered, and in 1780 probably would have been.  Just sayin'......just because some dude in a black robe said it's good, doesn't make it so.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably infiltrating us just like every other community (schools, military, LE, courts, feminists, you name it).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:13:28 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in NC?

Sounds about right for Union County if that's the case.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:24:23 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in NC?

Union was a good escape from Meck, I live in Gaston though.

Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:27:07 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Every farmer I have ever known that has had dairy cows has always taken a pitcher of milk out of the bulk tank when they wanted milk. How many people would do that if they knew they would make their workers kids sick?

Fucking bunk.
View Quote

Fucking this. Don't forget, it wasn't too long ago that all you could get was raw milk. Remember the milk man driving his truck around? There was a reason people only got 1 or 2 quarts at a time. It was raw milk, straight from the local dairy.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:29:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.
View Quote

/Thread...... Prophets they were.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:30:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where in NC?

In fairness, anywhere is better than Mecklenburg.

(Well maybe not Anson, Robeson, Pasquotank, and Durham counties).
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 6:33:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Any dags around?
View Quote

If there was before, there probably wasn't afterwards.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top