Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 89
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Try telling that to all the bookies and gamblers in Vegas, or the Patriots.  

Cheating in sports, for example via using performance enhancing drugs, if not heavily policed and curbed is kinda like an arms race where eventually everyone has to do it to be competitive and on a level playing field (which is why pretty much 100% of pro, and many college, athletes use performance enhancing drugs now-a-days). Cheating in video games is no different, just the stakes are a much, much lower.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's irrelevant whether the person (being PK'ed, harassed, griefed, etc.) knows it or not. It simply a function that the exploiter gained an advantage over some (most) players and that has an impact on some (most) those players.

Your argument is akin to rationalizing that if some high school football player abuses steroids, and it gives him a distinct advantage (faster, stronger, etc.) over the players that don't, then players that don't juice won't know if the roided player is taking roids or is just a naturally gifted above average player, so therefore it doesn't impact them. Well, it does. It never ceases to amaze me how some people rationalize unethical or immoral acts, regardless of how trivial said act may be (in this case, cheating in a video game).

Well sports is just a game, right? So exploiting is no big deal, right?

Cheating in sports, for example via using performance enhancing drugs, if not heavily policed and curbed is kinda like an arms race where eventually everyone has to do it to be competitive and on a level playing field (which is why pretty much 100% of pro, and many college, athletes use performance enhancing drugs now-a-days). Cheating in video games is no different, just the stakes are a much, much lower.

True, but in the end it's still the same premise.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
And people will rationalize cheating, exploiting, or screwing others over anytime they want to feel justified. Again read Frederic Bastiat's the law.

I understand where you're coming from, because I read his work. Explains your rationalization down to a T.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

People are actually comparing a video game to real life?

Butthurt will get rationalized into anything at times...

And people will rationalize cheating, exploiting, or screwing others over anytime they want to feel justified. Again read Frederic Bastiat's the law.

I understand where you're coming from, because I read his work. Explains your rationalization down to a T.
You read a book, so now you're an expert on human behavior. Got it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's irrelevant whether the person (being PK'ed, harassed, griefed, etc.) knows it or not. It simply a function that the exploiter gained an advantage over some (most) players and that has an impact on some (most) those players.

Your argument is akin to rationalizing that if some high school football player abuses steroids, and it gives him a distinct advantage (faster, stronger, etc.) over the players that don't, then players that don't juice won't know if the roided player is taking roids or is just a naturally gifted above average player, so therefore it doesn't impact them. Well, it does. It never ceases to amaze me how some people rationalize unethical or immoral acts, regardless of how trivial said act may be (in this case, cheating in a video game).

Well sports is just a game, right? So exploiting is no big deal, right?

And the people that played the game on the level have gotten a gigantic fuck you from Massive.  I never even knew about BK or any of the others.  I don't have hundreds of more hours to drop into a game with very little to show for it because every damn thing has been nerfed to shit or the cost has skyrocketed.  You tell me how the hell Im supposed to progress?  And no, I don't want to have to cheat.  Give me reasonable drops and reasonable prices.  Go back to the way it was and just fix the fucking problems as they show up.

Fucking shit you know how long it would take me to buy the damn AUG in the BOO which is what, almost 900 P credits?  And then I buy it and Im back to 0 and cant buy shit else without grinding the dailies for the next month again.

Oh and did we really need FOUR different types of fucking currency?  And the first two are already useless.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 6:49:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If you have a 182 weapon you really like with good mods/talents/damage, you could take the chance on saving your PxC.

If you have a 163 weapon (with few exceptions), the Aug is going to be a good upgrade for you.

And then there are unicorns.  I have a 131 purple LVOA-C with Brutal and Deadly that gears up to around 203-205k dps with cast off mods, and I have a gold M1911 doing over 110k dps with a muzzle brake and extended mag.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My weapons suck.  I have a Navy MP5 with crap talents but a good damage roll, and an ACR with decent talents.  I also have about 650 PxC saved up.

Should I continue to save to buy the 204 Aug?  Or should I just roll more MP5s?

I wish I could remember my stats.

If you have a 182 weapon you really like with good mods/talents/damage, you could take the chance on saving your PxC.

If you have a 163 weapon (with few exceptions), the Aug is going to be a good upgrade for you.

And then there are unicorns.  I have a 131 purple LVOA-C with Brutal and Deadly that gears up to around 203-205k dps with cast off mods, and I have a gold M1911 doing over 110k dps with a muzzle brake and extended mag.

I decided to buy the Sentry mask pattern to get my 4-piece bonus and roll a few Navy MP5s.  I rolled one with Brutal, Accuracy and Skilled so I'm fairly happy.  The damage on it isn't great but Brutal should make up for it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Do you ask each and every rogue that kills you if they exploited, or do you just assume that anyone better than you did?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dark. Zone. Rogues.

It's really not that hard to understand how one affects the other.

Do you ask each and every rogue that kills you if they exploited, or do you just assume that anyone better than you did?

The irony of assumptions leveled against others...

I don't have that problem at all, as I mostly solo the DZ and from my experience, sometimes I get killed by rogues better than me, and sometimes I wipe entire groups of rogues myself, them's the breaks.

My point was that it's not hard to understand where people are coming from, but you have to turn it around and assume that I think something, simply because I can follow the logic of how people who exploit/farm can then out-gear and outgun others in the DZ with stats that they achieved through the process of exploiting, and why people would take exception to this. Is it really that hard to understand?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#6]

No exaggeration, I must have been killed 25-30 times in Dz 1&2 today.   Four man teams of Rogues killing EVERYONE.....too too many magic one shotters from a fucking full block away.  I'm one more bad day from  uninstalling it and moving on to something else?

Aside from the rogues, how many days upon days of grinding away and getting nothing but JUNK?  I mean, throw me a fucking bone once in a while
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
No exaggeration, I must have been killed 25-30 times in Dz 1&2 today.   Four man teams of Rogues killing EVERYONE.....too too many magic one shotters from a fucking full block away.  I'm one more bad day from  uninstalling it and moving on to something else?

Aside from the rogues, how many days upon days of grinding away and getting nothing but JUNK?  I mean, throw me a fucking bone once in a while
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Guy I know been doing this for about a week. He is DZ rank 90+ and in his normal DPS gear is 250k DPS, 90K HP, ~15k electronics, and about 60% damage mitigation. He moved everything from his pack and stash to his mule alts, and then dons a level 1 sidearm and other item and it drops him to the lower tier DZ bracket. Then he just pops explosive rounds and runs around with his god-role sniper rifle one-shotting most everyone just for the shits and giggles of it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You must be one of the ones I'm referring too. Got it.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I decided to buy the Sentry mask pattern to get my 4-piece bonus and roll a few Navy MP5s.  I rolled one with Brutal, Accuracy and Skilled so I'm fairly happy.  The damage on it isn't great but Brutal should make up for it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My weapons suck.  I have a Navy MP5 with crap talents but a good damage roll, and an ACR with decent talents.  I also have about 650 PxC saved up.

Should I continue to save to buy the 204 Aug?  Or should I just roll more MP5s?

I wish I could remember my stats.

Awesome, glad it worked out for you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:32:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Guy I know been doing this for about a week. He is DZ rank 90+ and in his normal DPS gear is 250k DPS, 90K HP, ~15k electronics, and about 60% damage mitigation. He moved everything from his pack and stash to his mule alts, and then dons a level 1 sidearm and other item and it drops him to the lower tier DZ bracket. Then he just pops explosive rounds and runs around with his god-role sniper rifle one-shotting most everyone just for the shits and giggles of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said, I'm about one more bad night from deleting the fucking thing.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:33:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
And the people that played the game on the level have gotten a gigantic fuck you from Massive.  I never even knew about BK or any of the others.  I don't have hundreds of more hours to drop into a game with very little to show for it because every damn thing has been nerfed to shit or the cost has skyrocketed.  You tell me how the hell Im supposed to progress?  And no, I don't want to have to cheat.  Give me reasonable drops and reasonable prices.  Go back to the way it was and just fix the fucking problems as they show up.

Fucking shit you know how long it would take me to buy the damn AUG in the BOO which is what, almost 900 P credits?  And then I buy it and Im back to 0 and cant buy shit else without grinding the dailies for the next month again.

Oh and did we really need FOUR different types of fucking currency?  And the first two are already useless.
View Quote

If you happen to be on PC, find me in game on a day or night when not much is going on and we'll burn through some Lexington CM runs. With decent pugs, you can get ~130 - 200 PxC an hour.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#12]
So I am gaming with my brother tonight giving the daily missions a try.  We beat the two & about to try the challenging mission when assignments were changed/reset.  
We cant do the challenging mission anymore & cant find any new daily missions.  Our score is still too low to do the incursion & that's the only mission open now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you happen to be on PC, find me in game on a day or night when not much is going on and we'll burn through some Lexington CM runs. With decent pugs, you can get ~130 - 200 PxC an hour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I greatly appreciate the offer , but Im on the Xbone.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 10:59:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same, but in mmo's, since you have to play with the exploiters and cheaters it does effect you, and your experience. People want the easy way out and can't play by the rules.

It reminds me of the FSA doing whatever it takes to get out of work and getting free shit. We know who they are, and they have no qualms about screwing you over. I know we make fun of it here or at least some do because that's their mentality.

Frederic Bastiat wrote a pamphlet about it. Path of least suffering.

Cheaters i get, but how do exploiters effect your experience in the game?
They exploit the game to obtain the better gear at a much faster rate than had they not exploited, which in turn gives them a distinct advantage in the PvP area of the game. That distinct advantage in PvP means players who don't exploit are more frequently killed, griefed, harassed, etc. by those better geared players that did exploit. That is how it affects the experience of those who did not exploit.

How do they know those people are exploiting?  Its a PvP area, so in order to maintain that thought process, anyone better than them is an exploiter and a cheater.

Heres the problem with that perspective.  Up until now you have no idea who is exploiting and who isnt.  Youre assuming that because a players gear score/combo is higher than yours and he's PK'd, harrassed, griefed you, that he's exploited.  So your example is actually backwards.  Every above average gifted player has taken steroids, because you dont know who actually has or hasnt.  When in all reality a large percentage of those players have just invested more time into the grind than you have.  So now youre calling for a Ubisoft whiz quiz to make things "fair."
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:04:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone calls you on your ludicrous comparison, and now theyre one of the immoral potential dregs of society.  Are we back in high school?  

Fuck the hall monitors have ruined this thread.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don't have that problem at all, as I mostly solo the DZ and from my experience, sometimes I get killed by rogues better than me, and sometimes I wipe entire groups of rogues myself, them's the breaks.

My point was that it's not hard to understand where people are coming from, but you have to turn it around and assume that I think something, simply because I can follow the logic of how people who exploit/farm can then out-gear and outgun others in the DZ with stats that they achieved through the process of exploiting, and why people would take exception to this. Is it really that hard to understand?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dark. Zone. Rogues.

Of course its not, but up until now, every poster complaining in here is just ASSuming players that wiped them have exploited.  It could have just as easily been someone who legitimately grinded for their gear.  But because the special snowflakes cant handle defeat, and are so good at these games, they must have cheated somehow.  But because they have no proof, they just call their character into question.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:33:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Great to play I just wish they would fix the issue with the microphone where some players sound muffled while speaking via microphone and where other players sounded fine. It's not my computer causing the issue I test my microphone setup right before game time.
User id: alifewelive

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:35:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Of course its not, but up until now, every poster complaining in here is just ASSuming players that wiped them have exploited.  It could have just as easily been someone who legitimately grinded for their gear.  But because the special snowflakes cant handle defeat, and are so good at these games, they must have cheated somehow.  But because they have no proof, they just call their character into question.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dark. Zone. Rogues.

Who said I ever complained about Rogues? I'm talking about the people who exploited, and cheated. Like you and others have said they have done. I could give a rat's ass if I get killed by other players in the DZ who legitly got their gear. Them the breaks of playing this game, no shit, Sherlock.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#19]
havent played in over a week. anyone else ?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:49:44 AM EDT
[#20]
SOOOOooo in actual discussion of the game. Anyone else concerned about the upcoming weapon rebalancing? I feel like if they decide to nerf SMGs and DMRs and don't buff Shotguns, LMGs, or ARs, I'll likely stop playing this game.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:04:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
SOOOOooo in actual discussion of the game. Anyone else concerned about the upcoming weapon rebalancing? I feel like if they decide to nerf SMGs and DMRs and don't buff Shotguns, LMGs, or ARs, I'll likely stop playing this game.
View Quote

There is no reason to play it now.  Even with the weapons the way they are.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:12:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I only play now in the hopes that they will add more engaging content soon as well as hanging with some of the dudes I play with. But, a weapon nerf will likely be the last straw for me until the situation improves.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 3:26:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Heres the problem with that perspective.  Up until now you have no idea who is exploiting and who isnt.  Youre assuming that because a players gear score/combo is higher than yours and he's PK'd, harrassed, griefed you, that he's exploited.  So your example is actually backwards.  Every above average gifted player has taken steroids, because you dont know who actually has or hasnt.  When in all reality a large percentage of those players have just invested more time into the grind than you have.  So now youre calling for a Ubisoft whiz quiz to make things "fair."
View Quote

No, HERE is the real problem.  Not a single person has said "Player X is a hacker/exploiter because he killed me."  People are making general statements about how hacking/exploiting ruins the game when it creates unbalanced PVP.

YOU admit to exploiting, and YOU appear to be taking this personal, so YOU are trying to lump others into taking this personally when, by and large, we are not.

Project much?    You are trying to tell everyone what we think and how we feel, and for the most part you are way off base.  Why don't you stick to how things affect you personally?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I didn't get any new dailys!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

No one did.  It's really annoying.  I was hoping to build up my PxC again in case a good weapon is available in the BoO next.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No one did.  It's really annoying.  I was hoping to build up my PxC again in case a good weapon is available in the BoO next.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's only crap in the BoO, so you have another 4 days.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

No, HERE is the real problem.  Not a single person has said "Player X is a hacker/exploiter because he killed me."  People are making general statements about how hacking/exploiting ruins the game when it creates unbalanced PVP.

YOU admit to exploiting, and YOU appear to be taking this personal, so YOU are trying to lump others into taking this personally when, by and large, we are not.

Project much?    You are trying to tell everyone what we think and how we feel, and for the most part you are way off base.  Why don't you stick to how things affect you personally?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

General statements about unbalanced PvP?  LMAO.  Take that thought process to its logical conclusion.

Im done with this thread.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

General statements about unbalanced PvP?  LMAO.  Take that thought process to its logical conclusion.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I highly doubt that since you haven't seemed to stop posting yet and are extremely defensive.

I exploited the police academy a handful of times before I simply found it more entertaining to run the entire mission while also building up all 4 of my characters. Still haven't run Falcon Lost and still don't venture into the DZ much because of cheaters like you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:00:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Alright, everyone in this fucking thread needs to pick up their purses, take a deep breath, and go outside, cause apparently this game is making you lose your civility and any modicum of sensibility you had, since you're arguing about the correct and moral way to manipulate pixels on a screen. Games are a fantasy experience, simple as that, and drawing parallels to reality from any actions in game is a logical fallacy if I've ever seen one. I can guarantee that an infinitesimal number of players from the game who exploited are low life scum that you wouldn't have a beer with, especially on this forum.

Take some perspective, and stop treating the game as if it's a black and white world, cause reality sure isn't. Take a cue from man's best friend and see the world for what it really is, grey, grey and more grey.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 2:04:10 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

I highly doubt that since you haven't seemed to stop posting yet and are extremely defensive.

I exploited the police academy a handful of times before I simply found it more entertaining to run the entire mission while also building up all 4 of my characters. Still haven't run Falcon Lost and still don't venture into the DZ much because of cheaters like you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think this is a philosophical question about what people want out of their video gaming entertainment. For some, the journey is what they value and find enjoyable. Others, they could care less about the journey and what is at the end of the road is their prize. If you are one of the people that finds the journey (i.e. running quests, exploring the map, finding "Easter eggs," finding new and different batches of mobs to battle, upgrading your gear along the way, etc.) then you probably aren't someone naturally inclined to exploit or use hacks in video games because to you that diminishes what makes the game fun. Conversely, if all of the aforementioned stuff that comprises the journey is just a mere obstacle that gets in the way and slows down how fast you get to the "end game" where to you the real game is and real fun is, then you will easily rationalize exploiting and/or hacking as being okay. Me, I'm all about the journey so I too would rather run the missions, quests, etc. as designed versus use some exploit or hack to just bypass the content and quickly obtain loot and reach the end-game fast.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 4:36:43 PM EDT
[#31]
So because I have 264k dps 93k health and 11k skill, I exploited? Wow thats a shitty way to think. I have not done falcon lost due to not finding a group that has their shit together with mics. I have been getting gear from the supply drops but it is getting old, Now I just wait for my friends in Europe and we run around and shoot the shit about how the day was. the game is secondary.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:47:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Alright, everyone in this fucking thread needs to pick up their purses, take a deep breath, and go outside, cause apparently this game is making you lose your civility and any modicum of sensibility you had, since you're arguing about the correct and moral way to manipulate pixels on a screen. Games are a fantasy experience, simple as that, and drawing parallels to reality from any actions in game is a logical fallacy if I've ever seen one. I can guarantee that an infinitesimal number of players from the game who exploited are low life scum that you wouldn't have a beer with, especially on this forum.

Take some perspective, and stop treating the game as if it's a black and white world, cause reality sure isn't. Take a cue from man's best friend and see the world for what it really is, grey, grey and more grey.
View Quote

I think most people or at least on this forum try to be honorable, or do the right thing. Cheating in anything is the opposite of the right thing, and I do not think you can sugar coat it with your opinion. If you cheat, or exploit, keep that shit to yourself. As you can tell regardless of what it is, sometimes cheating is just what it is, and it people who try to be honorable or do the right thing frowns upon it. It's the nature of the beast.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 5:48:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So because I have 264k dps 93k health and 11k skill, I exploited? Wow thats a shitty way to think. I have not done falcon lost due to not finding a group that has their shit together with mics. I have been getting gear from the supply drops but it is getting old, Now I just wait for my friends in Europe and we run around and shoot the shit about how the day was. the game is secondary.
View Quote

No one said you exploited unless you said you have. Calm your tits.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 7:50:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I think this is a philosophical question about what people want out of their video gaming entertainment. For some, the journey is what they value and find enjoyable. Others, they could care less about the journey and what is at the end of the road is their prize. If you are one of the people that finds the journey (i.e. running quests, exploring the map, finding "Easter eggs," finding new and different batches of mobs to battle, upgrading your gear along the way, etc.) then you probably aren't someone naturally inclined to exploit or use hacks in video games because to you that diminishes what makes the game fun. Conversely, if all of the aforementioned stuff that comprises the journey is just a mere obstacle that gets in the way and slows down how fast you get to the "end game" where to you the real game is and real fun is, then you will easily rationalize exploiting and/or hacking as being okay. Me, I'm all about the journey so I too would rather run the missions, quests, etc. as designed versus use some exploit or hack to just bypass the content and quickly obtain loot and reach the end-game fast.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Similar to how some people care about spoilers to movies and others do not.

You could tell me the end to every single new movie that is going to come out for the rest of time and it wouldnt bother me.   I knew the ending and Solo fate to Star Wars a day before it hit theaters and didnt care.   Still watched it.

Other people got insanely butt hurt and wanted members banned from here for revealing shit.

In the end you are in more control over what you are exposed to then you let on and letting it upset you is what the trolls and grievers want.

I am gonna go back to exploiting a video game and reading spoilers to movies and not letting this kinda shit get to me.   As far as the game is concerned I got my 60 bucks of "enjoyment" out of it considering I have played far more hours than I spent working to pay for it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:18:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Where is the line with feeling it is OK to cheat?

Video games
Card games
board games
pickup basketball game
company softball game
college football
pro sports
card games in vegas
elections
taxes
the self checkout at the grocery store

so where is the line?

The Internet brings out ones true self
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Where is the line with feeling it is OK to cheat?

Video games
Card games
board games
pickup basketball game
company softball game
college football
pro sports
card games in vegas
elections
taxes
the self checkout at the grocery store

so where is the line?

The Internet brings out ones true self
View Quote

Awww...  that's cute.

Some of you guys sound worse than antiporn bible thumpers in the hoops you jump through to equate everything to sin and a downward spiral straight to hell.

In the end most of us are still laughing at you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Moving on... I found this idea to be interesting, and I wholeheartedly support it. Too bad we likely won't get it soon if ever.

https://www.reddit.com/r/thedivision/comments/4h49th/pve_dark_districts/

So we've all said it, the PVE area post level 30 is unused basically, right?

I'm thinking on a daily basis we could have a random district go "soft dark".

Instead of the classic dark zone it would be a district where there has been a resurgence of violence or crime, you would need to clear out pockets of level 32 mobs and 1-2 boses. Once cleared that district will stay cleared untill its selected randomly again (a small reward for clearing). This would give players more PVE options while keeping the dz as the primary place to get shiny loot.

I thought to myself this would go great with another type of mechanic, one where every PVE zone you have that's outside the dark zone generates you materials on a daily basis.

They would only generate you mats after level 30 and the districts have been cleared of all side missions and encounters, and if they aren't "soft dark". If you don't log in for a few days the districts will continue to randomly go dark and you will get reduced / no mats.

Thoughts?

ETA: I don't know how to do quote boxes.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#38]
Not to mention maybe be able to reset side missions, which sometimes are more fun than a replay of the main mission...

If side missions were reset have them award tech points which can be turned in for materials.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 8:40:51 PM EDT
[#39]
Also here is a way to tank on incursion.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:25:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CISJljbdlXk

View Quote

The amount of damage he's doing with the pistol seems... excessive...

Also, what's with the "You have reached level 30" in his chat window at the end of the video?
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 9:35:57 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Also, what's with the "You have reached level 30" in his chat window at the end of the video?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Guy is getting pistol crits to the head for over 220k. Seems a bit fishy to me.

Sinice last patch I keep getting that stupid lvl 30 message also. Really annoying.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:11:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Sinice last patch I keep getting that stupid lvl 30 message also. Really annoying.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a Ballistic shield mod that gains you extra damage, and I've had 100k headshots with my 1911 before. Not too impossible.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 10:50:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Moving on... I found this idea to be interesting, and I wholeheartedly support it. Too bad we likely won't get it soon if ever.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Instead of the classic dark zone it would be a district where there has been a resurgence of violence or crime, you would need to clear out pockets of level 32 mobs and 1-2 boses. Once cleared that district will stay cleared untill its selected randomly again (a small reward for clearing). This would give players more PVE options while keeping the dz as the primary place to get shiny loot.

I thought to myself this would go great with another type of mechanic, one where every PVE zone you have that's outside the dark zone generates you materials on a daily basis.

They would only generate you mats after level 30 and the districts have been cleared of all side missions and encounters, and if they aren't "soft dark". If you don't log in for a few days the districts will continue to randomly go dark and you will get reduced / no mats.

Thoughts?

I like that idea.

You can do quotes by typing quote inside of brackets and then /quote inside of brackets, like this.

{quote}Your quoted text goes here.  You have to use straight brackets instead of curly brackets.{/quote}
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:10:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I am gonna go back to exploiting a video game and reading spoilers to movies and not letting this kinda shit get to me.   As far as the game is concerned I got my 60 bucks of "enjoyment" out of it considering I have played far more hours than I spent working to pay for it.
View Quote

Funny thing is you'll talk all that tough Tony shit till the banhammer hits ya. The you'll be the first one "cursing" the game and posting threads bitching about how you were unfairly treated and ubisoft sucks and yada,yada,yada!

Long as your having fun though right? In the end, that's all that matters!

and as for laughing...believe me, i'm laughing too because you're trying to justify your opinion and actions just as much as the next guy! LOL
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:12:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I like that idea.

You can do quotes by typing quote inside of brackets and then /quote inside of brackets, like this.

{quote}Your quoted text goes here.  You have to use straight brackets instead of curly brackets.{/quote}
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thoughts?

I like that idea.

Agreed! Actually sounds like an awesome idea. Seems like a waste to just utilize the PVE area of the game for dailies/incursions.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:19:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

There's a Ballistic shield mod that gains you extra damage, and I've had 100k headshots with my 1911 before. Not too impossible.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Far cry difference between 100k and 220K.

Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:31:40 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Funny thing is you'll talk all that tough Tony shit till the banhammer hits ya. The you'll be the first one "cursing" the game and posting threads bitching about how you were unfairly treated and ubisoft sucks and yada,yada,yada!

and as for laughing...believe me, i'm laughing too because you're trying to justify your opinion and actions just as much as the next guy! LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have plenty of other shit to do if banned.   I might get to play 5 hours a week if I am lucky.   I have plenty of other unfinished games, that are better than this one, that I can play.   It isnt a loss.  There isnt anything invested to qualify as "valuable" to lose.

If my toon mattered to me I wouldnt have done it or continue to do it.   Game was a giant let down and I am treating it like it deserves to be treated.   I will probably be bored with the game inside of another month.   And none of my exploiting ever effected you whining white knighters.
Link Posted: 4/30/2016 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is without Balliistic Shield and Sentry's gear set, which the guy had

Link Posted: 5/1/2016 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

I have plenty of other shit to do if banned.   I might get to play 5 hours a week if I am lucky.   I have plenty of other unfinished games, that are better than this one, that I can play.   It isnt a loss.  There isnt anything invested to qualify as "valuable" to lose.

If my toon mattered to me I wouldnt have done it or continue to do it.   Game was a giant let down and I am treating it like it deserves to be treated.   I will probably be bored with the game inside of another month.   And none of my exploiting ever effected you whining white knighters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to see you got it all figured out then!

and as for your whining remark...please re-read the last sentence of my previous reply.
Link Posted: 5/1/2016 1:01:51 AM EDT
[#50]
So I took my first foray into the DZ today.  It lasted about 6 minutes.  I made one lap around the block in DZ01 and killed 2-3 groups of NPCs before a pair of rogues took me down instantly.  I re-spawned and as soon as I stepped out of the door the same two guys killed me again.

So yea that was fun...for someone....
Page / 89
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top