Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 89
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#1]
So my Samsung S5 has this pre-set text message I can quickly send when I don't want to/can't accept an incoming phone call. I've decided in honor of The Division I'm going to add the following one to it: "Look, we both got shit to do right now, talk later!"
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So my Samsung S5 has this pre-set text message I can quickly send when I don't want to/can't accept an incoming phone call. I've decided in honor of The Division I'm going to add the following one to it: "Look, we both got shit to do right now, talk later!"
View Quote

I think you need some meds, Your back may be all fucked up.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 10:52:47 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If we go, Manhattan goes
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Those were the glory days.  You will get so many upgrades in the coming hours it will be awesome.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hit 30 last night in the Queens Tunnel Camp mission and the very next mob I killed dropped the first purple I've seen not at the vendor.  Too bad the blue item I was wearing was way better.  

LOL I have a gear score of zero... =)

Those were the glory days.  You will get so many upgrades in the coming hours it will be awesome.

Wow you were not kidding.  I've not gotten but 5 upgrades so far but they did a tremendous amount to boost my agent.  A pair of HE gloves, blue AUG, and 2 weapon mods and one equipment mod.  With just those drops I went from 47k dps, 31k health and 8k electronics to 99k dps, 46k health and 10.5k electronics.  GS is only 66 atm.

The weapons mods were a RDS scope and mag.  I've avoided mag mods that had +firing rate on them so  I would not burn up my ammo.  But now I see the error of my ways!  Stupid AUG sounds like an A-10 when it fires now. Bzzzzzzzzzt.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL The Division sure is milking it. The Division Agent action figure

Go capitalism!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:19:39 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Go capitalism!
View Quote

He actually comes with more gear than you get in the game.  

I wouldn't mind some claymores for those fuggin' shotgunners.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:25:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Go capitalism!

I'm honestly surprised that they haven't included those to be honest
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:40:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Go capitalism!

So much honesty in one post!
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 1:45:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Go capitalism!

I figured my surprise required an emphasis on my honest opinion to be honest.

Give me a break, it's exam season.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:06:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My weapons suck.  I have a Navy MP5 with crap talents but a good damage roll, and an ACR with decent talents.  I also have about 650 PxC saved up.

Should I continue to save to buy the 204 Aug?  Or should I just roll more MP5s?

I wish I could remember my stats.
View Quote

If you have a 182 weapon you really like with good mods/talents/damage, you could take the chance on saving your PxC.

If you have a 163 weapon (with few exceptions), the Aug is going to be a good upgrade for you.

And then there are unicorns.  I have a 131 purple LVOA-C with Brutal and Deadly that gears up to around 203-205k dps with cast off mods, and I have a gold M1911 doing over 110k dps with a muzzle brake and extended mag.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:07:34 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ugh, you have my sympathies.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 2:11:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Go capitalism!
View Quote

i dont think that is officially licensed.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:36:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Sigh, took some time off today (from work, school, life, etc.) to relax and play the Division. Wanted to farm some HE mats so off to the DZ I went. Was slow and plodding since I'm geared for support/electronics, but I was doing fine until about my second hour when I was headed to extract. Saw this guy waaaaaaaaay down the street, then pop, he is suddenly standing right in front of me and instantly kills me, loots all 9 of my HE items, then pop disappears. He was using a LMG, but the thing sounded like a freaking minigun. An hour of farming time totally wasted and lost in an instant to a hacker. So then I try and get a pug for Falcons Lost. used to get them pretty quick. Not today apparently, sat in the LFG queue for 10 mins until I just gave up.

The only way Massive/Ubisoft can save this game, until they can figure out how to fix the mess that it is if that is even possible, is to either give players a PvP toggle or make it so you don't lose any items/keys/rep if you are killed so at most you are just merely inconvenienced and out a minute or two when killed by other players.    I think such a massive number of players on the PC platform have already quit that salvaging the PC game might be pointless since everyone probably has moved on to other games.

Honestly, IMO I think Massive is just going to let the PC version of the game languish and die, and focus their resources on the console versions.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 3:44:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sigh, took some time off today (from work, school, life, etc.) to relax and play the Division. Wanted to farm some HE mats so off to the DZ I went. Was slow and plodding since I'm geared for support/electronics, but I was doing fine until about my second hour when I was headed to extract. Saw this guy waaaaaaaaay down the street, then pop, he is suddenly standing right in front of me and instantly kills me, loots all 9 of my HE items, then pop disappears. He was using a LMG, but the thing sounded like a freaking minigun. An hour of farming time totally wasted and lost in an instant to a hacker. So then I try and get a pug for Falcons Lost. used to get them pretty quick. Not today apparently, sat in the LFG queue for 10 mins until I just gave up.

The only way Massive/Ubisoft can save this game, until they can figure out how to fix the mess that it is if that is even possible, is to either give players a PvP toggle or make it so you don't lose any items/keys/rep if you are killed so at most you are just merely inconvenienced and out a minute or two when killed by other players.    I think such a massive number of players on the PC platform have already quit that salvaging the PC game might be pointless since everyone probably has moved on to other games.

Honestly, IMO I think Massive is just going to let the PC version of the game languish and die, and focus their resources on the console versions.  
View Quote

Is there a hack to make all of your items public?  When you die in the DZ you should only be "losing" 3 items.  All of them will drop, but the rest are private drops that will be there if/when you go back to where you died.  Granted the hacker would probably just kill you again, so maybe it's moot.

I don't play on PC so I haven't experienced any of this, but they are supposedly going to be moving files from client side to server side in attempt to cut on the cheating a bit.  They are also banning people currently using some new cheat detection stuff that they apparently think is pretty good.

Hopefully they are able to solve this stuff for PC players, while continuing to put out new content for everyone.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 4:32:24 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is there a hack to make all of your items public?  When you die in the DZ you should only be "losing" 3 items.  All of them will drop, but the rest are private drops that will be there if/when you go back to where you died.  Granted the hacker would probably just kill you again, so maybe it's moot.

I don't play on PC so I haven't experienced any of this, but they are supposedly going to be moving files from client side to server side in attempt to cut on the cheating a bit.  They are also banning people currently using some new cheat detection stuff that they apparently think is pretty good.

Hopefully they are able to solve this stuff for PC players, while continuing to put out new content for everyone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sadly, I think it will be too little, too late. The numbers on players in-game has already dwindled significantly, and at least 2/3s of the players on my friends list are never in-game anymore. It's  shame really, because this is a really fun, interesting game with a lot of potential. Fortunately there is still a small cadre of PC gamers sticking it out, and we tend to group regularly in the evenings and those are fun times.

Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Anyone feel like running Challenging Lincoln Tunnel tonight around 930 eastern on XBOX One?
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 7:50:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sadly, I think it will be too little, too late. The numbers on players in-game has already dwindled significantly, and at least 2/3s of the players on my friends list are never in-game anymore. It's  shame really, because this is a really fun, interesting game with a lot of potential. Fortunately there is still a small cadre of PC gamers sticking it out, and we tend to group regularly in the evenings and those are fun times.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got no plans on going anywhere. I play the DZ to hang out with friends and rank up. They can slow the latter, but not affect the prior.
Link Posted: 4/28/2016 9:33:42 PM EDT
[#18]
I have not played in over a week.....been playing WoT!
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Massive put out out a statement about cheating and exploiting bugs...sounds like a step in the right direction!

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-248717-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
29/04/2016 10:31 AM

From the very beginning of development, our emphasis has
always been on the player experience and how good we want it to be. We
have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to
succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience.
Unfortunately, the gameplay experience was recently impaired by in-game
bugs and players violating the rules of the game. In order to bring back
a better and healthier environment, we have taken new steps to address
the situation.

Cheat Engines

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the
Dark Zone, and we’ve heard this feedback loud and clear. We are
strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have
allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines
in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days
than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be
handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the
course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension
of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial
suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway.

Bug Exploits

What is a bug exploit?

An exploit is the active triggering and use of a bug or
glitch to bypass established game rules in order to gain a significant
advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.

Identifying and fixing bugs before releasing new content is one
of the most important parts of game development. This is also the best
way to guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for our players.
Learning from the past and your great feedback, we are currently
reviewing our development and testing process to further minimize the
amount and impact of these bugs going forward.

Unfortunately, we cannot simulate the experience that millions
of different players will have, and how they will play the game. As a
result, some bugs may make it through testing, and may be present when
an update is deployed. In the event that a bug makes it into the game,
and this bug can be used by players to gain an advantage, we need to be
able to react and fix it, but also dissuade players from exploiting this
bug until it is fixed. This is why moving forward we will adopt a
stronger stance against players abusing exploits.

Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete
visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if
these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed
in a public forum thread and across our various communication
platforms. We want all players to be informed. This will ensure that
those caught after an exploit was confirmed are aware of the
consequences and actions that can be taken against them.

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly
abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as
well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character
rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter
bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry
about.

As mentioned earlier, providing a high-quality experience is our
priority. Fixing game bugs is one aspect of it, and we are improving
our processes to address that. Dissuading players from impairing others’
gameplay by violating the rules of the game is another aspect. We also
want to give you better visibility and transparency. We are fully
committed to providing an enjoyable and fair environment for all our
players, and will take all steps necessary to achieve this goal.

See you in game!

The Division Team
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:02:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Massive put out out a statement about cheating and exploiting bugs...sounds like a step in the right direction!

http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-248717-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

29/04/2016 10:31 AM

From the very beginning of development, our emphasis has always been on the player experience and how good we want it to be. We have great plans for the future of The Division, and for these to succeed we must make sure to provide a smooth high-quality experience. Unfortunately, the gameplay experience was recently impaired by in-game bugs and players violating the rules of the game. In order to bring back a better and healthier environment, we have taken new steps to address the situation.

Cheat Engines

Cheating players have been an issue for a number of you in the Dark Zone, and we’ve heard this feedback loud and clear. We are strengthening our efforts to address this problem, as described below.

First, we have implemented new cheat detection methods that have allowed us to identify many more players currently using cheat engines in the game. We have already caught more cheaters in the last few days than we had in total during the previous weeks. As a result, we will be handing out the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date over the course of the next few days.

Second, when cheaters are caught, we will now apply a suspension of 14 days on first offense (instead of the previous 3 day initial suspension). Second offense will always be a permanent ban.

We anticipate these two changes will noticeably improve your experience. New upgrades on cheat detection are underway.

Bug Exploits

What is a bug exploit?

An exploit is the active triggering and use of a bug or glitch to bypass established game rules in order to gain a significant advantage or skip progression steps otherwise necessary.

Identifying and fixing bugs before releasing new content is one of the most important parts of game development. This is also the best way to guarantee a smooth and enjoyable experience for our players. Learning from the past and your great feedback, we are currently reviewing our development and testing process to further minimize the amount and impact of these bugs going forward.

Unfortunately, we cannot simulate the experience that millions of different players will have, and how they will play the game. As a result, some bugs may make it through testing, and may be present when an update is deployed. In the event that a bug makes it into the game, and this bug can be used by players to gain an advantage, we need to be able to react and fix it, but also dissuade players from exploiting this bug until it is fixed. This is why moving forward we will adopt a stronger stance against players abusing exploits.

Our first step is to give you clearer and more concrete visibility. Should new bugs be discovered, we will quickly confirm if these are considered exploits. All known exploits will be clearly listed in a public forum thread and across our various communication platforms. We want all players to be informed. This will ensure that those caught after an exploit was confirmed are aware of the consequences and actions that can be taken against them.

Second, sanctions will be implemented for players who repeatedly abuse exploits and will vary depending on the severity of the abuse, as well as the history of the player. Possible sanctions include character rollbacks, account suspensions and permanent bans. Those who encounter bugs during the normal course of play have absolutely nothing to worry about.

As mentioned earlier, providing a high-quality experience is our priority. Fixing game bugs is one aspect of it, and we are improving our processes to address that. Dissuading players from impairing others’ gameplay by violating the rules of the game is another aspect. We also want to give you better visibility and transparency. We are fully committed to providing an enjoyable and fair environment for all our players, and will take all steps necessary to achieve this goal.

See you in game!

The Division Team
View Quote

Hell yes. My interest in this game has peaked. This is my biggest issue. I hate PvP cheaters.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:23:56 PM EDT
[#21]
If I am exploiting something the bullet king or the police academy to make the grind less unbearable than may herpes forever grace the faces of those that complain about it.

White knighting ethics police for a video game when it is PvE are the most annoying trolls ever.   Like those who ruined Borderlands 2 because everyone was using the evil smasher glitch rather than just disconnecting from that match and playing with others who do not use it.

The PVP cheating like going behind walls or clipping through map objects to kill players, okay fine.

I will continue using PvE exploits as long as they last.   If I get banned or rolled back I dont really care.   It is clear they are trying to continually redefine the way with which people get gear in this game and make it harder to do so.   Everytime somebody comes up with an easier way to get the gear Ubi throws their hands up and makes it harder.

The game relatively sucks on things to do and options for repeat game play.   Other than farming for gear, which Ubi made take way longer by editing the pheonix credits needed for HE gear, there isnt shit to do in this repetitive joke of a game.

The exploits end up being fun simply because you are rubbing Ubi's face in it and getting things done in 1/10 the time that they intended.   Not to mention their trying to dictate how you play a game, in PvE, is downright annoying and stupid.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 1:46:15 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If I am exploiting something the bullet king or the police academy to make the grind less unbearable than may herpes forever grace the faces of those that complain about it.

White knighting ethics police for a video game when it is PvE are the most annoying trolls ever.   Like those who ruined Borderlands 2 because everyone was using the evil smasher glitch rather than just disconnecting from that match and playing with others who do not use it.

The PVP cheating like going behind walls or clipping through map objects to kill players, okay fine.

I will continue using PvE exploits as long as they last.   If I get banned or rolled back I dont really care.   It is clear they are trying to continually redefine the way with which people get gear in this game and make it harder to do so.   Everytime somebody comes up with an easier way to get the gear Ubi throws their hands up and makes it harder.

The game relatively sucks on things to do and options for repeat game play.   Other than farming for gear, which Ubi made take way longer by editing the pheonix credits needed for HE gear, there isnt shit to do in this repetitive joke of a game.

The exploits end up being fun simply because you are rubbing Ubi's face in it and getting things done in 1/10 the time that they intended.   Not to mention their trying to dictate how you play a game, in PvE, is downright annoying and stupid.
View Quote

Winner winner chicken dinner.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:07:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Jeez you unethical person, you must hurt people and cheat on things in real life
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sounds like this game isn't for you.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:22:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Jeez you unethical person, you must hurt people and cheat on things in real life
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Usually the truth. Just saying.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:32:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:43:06 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

View Quote
I've personally not minded when people exploit, or even hack, in the PvE aspect of a MMO because to me what someone else chooses to do has little to no relevance or impact on what I chose to do in the game. Want to hack or exploit your way to the best PvE gear in the game so you can parade around town like a peacock and have everyone stare and say "ohhh ahhh, look at his gear!" or so you can make the end-game PvE content easier or faster to beat? Fine by me, I really don't care. But where it becomes an issue is when, by the design of the game, I'm forced to interact with the hackers/exploiters and their actions have relevance and impact me. Until I can toggle a PvP flag off so hackers/exploiters cannot use their ill-gotten gear and hacks to diminish my fun in the game then I do have a reason to support the efforts of Ubi/Massive and their hard-stance against the hackers/exploiters.      No "white-knighting ethics police" about it.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 2:47:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:07:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sadly most games are not anymore.

Not when these assholes are making games with the intent to lure you into micro transactions and pay for content expansions every 3-12 months.

I will continue to play the game in whatever the hell way I want because it is a game and open to intepretation.    I dont grieve players and make a point of NOT being a PvP dick.

This game IS about gear farming whether it is in the PvE or PvP game areas.    Farming role playing type games dont bother me but white knighting cry babies do and tempts me to be a highly spec'd griever just to troll people.   Damn tempting because in the end you will get way more worked up over it than I will.

Do your thing and I will do mine.    I used shortcuts, that were part of a poorly designed game, to get gear and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

This reminds me of all the crap from the BF2 era with cry baby servers trying to declare no spawn camping or vehicle thieving on their servers.    Only reason to visit those servers was to troll them and deliberately get banned after making them all get their panties in a bunch.

Go ahead and paint everything with as wide as a brush as you can.   At this point I will simply laugh when other assholes in the game go out of their way to ruin it for you.   It isnt me doing it to you but at this point I am starting to find it funny.

Basically it is like a Prius driver who camps in the fast lane going the speed limit complaining about everybody riding his ass when the flow of traffic is trying to go 10mph faster.    Yes you follow the rules...  good for you.   Stop telling everybody about it because we dont care and would prefer you just move out of the way.   Stop being so smug about it.   Sniff your farts in some other lane.

In the end, when I quit it will be because I just dont care.   I waited over 2 years for the game to come out and it didnt deliver as promised.   So whatever I do get out of the game it will be salvaged by having fun with whatever remains.

Where as for you, when you quit, it will probably be out of frustration because nobody plays within your definition of how the game should be played.   And not that many people will care.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 3:40:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Not when these assholes are making games with the intent to lure you into micro transactions and pay for content expansions every 3-12 months.

I will continue to play the game in whatever the hell way I want because it is a game and open to intepretation.    I dont grieve players and make a point of NOT being a PvP dick.

This game IS about gear farming whether it is in the PvE or PvP game areas.    Farming role playing type games dont bother me but white knighting cry babies do and tempts me to be a highly spec'd griever just to troll people.   Damn tempting because in the end you will get way more worked up over it than I will.

Do your thing and I will do mine.    I used shortcuts, that were part of a poorly designed game, to get gear and there isnt a damn thing you can do about it.

This reminds me of all the crap from the BF2 era with cry baby servers trying to declare no spawn camping or vehicle thieving on their servers.    Only reason to visit those servers was to troll them and deliberately get banned after making them all get their panties in a bunch.

Go ahead and paint everything with as wide as a brush as you can.   At this point I will simply laugh when other assholes in the game go out of their way to ruin it for you.   It isnt me doing it to you but at this point I am starting to find it funny.

Basically it is like a Prius driver who camps in the fast lane going the speed limit complaining about everybody riding his ass when the flow of traffic is trying to go 10mph faster.    Yes you follow the rules...  good for you.   Stop telling everybody about it because we dont care and would prefer you just move out of the way.   Stop being so smug about it.   Sniff your farts in some other lane.

In the end, when I quit it will be because I just dont care.   I waited over 2 years for the game to come out and it didnt deliver as promised.   So whatever I do get out of the game it will be salvaged by having fun with whatever remains.

Where as for you, when you quit, it will probably be out of frustration because nobody plays within your definition of how the game should be played.   And not that many people will care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:18:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I've personally not minded when people exploit, or even hack, in the PvE aspect of a MMO because to me what someone else chooses to do has little to no relevance or impact on what I chose to do in the game. Want to hack or exploit your way to the best PvE gear in the game so you can parade around town like a peacock and have everyone stare and say "ohhh ahhh, look at his gear!" or so you can make the end-game PvE content easier or faster to beat? Fine by me, I really don't care. But where it becomes an issue is when, by the design of the game, I'm forced to interact with the hackers/exploiters and their actions have relevance and impact me. Until I can toggle a PvP flag off so hackers/exploiters cannot use their ill-gotten gear and hacks to diminish my fun in the game then I do have a reason to support the efforts of Ubi/Massive and their hard-stance against the hackers/exploiters.      No "white-knighting ethics police" about it.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same, but in mmo's, since you have to play with the exploiters and cheaters it does effect you, and your experience. People want the easy way out and can't play by the rules.

It reminds me of the FSA doing whatever it takes to get out of work and getting free shit. We know who they are, and they have no qualms about screwing you over. I know we make fun of it here or at least some do because that's their mentality.

Frederic Bastiat wrote a pamphlet about it. Path of least suffering.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:26:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Same, but in mmo's, since you have to play with the exploiters and cheaters it does effect you, and your experience. People want the easy way out and can't play by the rules.

It reminds me of the FSA doing whatever it takes to get out of work and getting free shit. We know who they are, and they have no qualms about screwing you over. I know we make fun of it here or at least some do because that's their mentality.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cheaters i get, but how do exploiters effect your experience in the game?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:29:30 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're not the boss of the cheaters.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dark. Zone. Rogues.

It's really not that hard to understand how one affects the other.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:40:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because they exploited to get better gear in the first place and then some of the xploiters ran off to PvP where they used the better gear to steam roll him and take his gear...

I get why he is pissed off.    It is just that I dont care.

I might have more vested in the game if it delivered on what they were going to offer us.   The longevity of this game was pretty much sealed by week 3 after the end game was over...   Also if I didnt suspect they were going to try to turn to micro transactions for paying real money for pheonix coins to buy virtual items.

I have plenty of MMO experience over the years so it isnt like this cycle of gaming behavior isnt well known and documented and cannot be expected.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Dark. Zone. Rogues.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dark. Zone. Rogues.

Do you ask each and every rogue that kills you if they exploited, or do you just assume that anyone better than you did?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:02:13 PM EDT
[#37]
People are actually comparing a video game to real life?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Butthurt will get rationalized into anything at times...
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And people will rationalize cheating, exploiting, or screwing others over anytime they want to feel justified. Again read Frederic Bastiat's the law.

I understand where you're coming from, because I read his work. Explains your rationalization down to a T.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:07:26 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

They exploit the game to obtain the better gear at a much faster rate than had they not exploited, which in turn gives them a distinct advantage in the PvP area of the game. That distinct advantage in PvP means players who don't exploit are more frequently killed, griefed, harassed, etc. by those better geared players that did exploit. That is how it affects the experience of those who did not exploit.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:07:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And people will rationalize cheating, exploiting, or screwing others over anytime they want to feel justified. Again read Frederic Bastiat's the law.

I understand where your coming from because I read his work. Explains your rationalization down to a T.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I understand where your coming from because I read his work. Explains your rationalization down to a T.

In your mind anyone better than you is exploiting.

ETA: And Bill Whittle explains your rationalization to a T.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:09:01 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They exploit the game to obtain the better gear at a much faster rate than had they not exploited, which in turn gives them a distinct advantage in the PvP area of the game. That distinct advantage in PvP means players who don't exploit are more frequently killed, griefed, harassed, etc. by those better geared players that did exploit. That is how it affects the experience of those who did not exploit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do they know those people are exploiting?  Its a PvP area, so in order to maintain that thought process, anyone better than them is an exploiter and a cheater.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:10:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely not. I hold my own in the DZ because of my skill. Anyone who's played with me, in any game knows that. I play with good players, and I want to say on my own accord that without cheating I'm a legit force to be reckoned with.

There are people out there better skilled than I am, and when they beat me by skill I acknowledge that, as I have in this game to players who I know bested me.
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:12:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Absolutely not. I hold my own in the DZ because of my skill. Anyone who's played with me, in any game knows that. I play with good players, and I want to say on my own accord that without cheating I'm a legit force to be reckoned with.

There are people out there better skilled than I am, and when they beat me by skill I acknowledge that, as I have in this game to players who I know bested me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How do you know if its skill or if they exploited for better gear?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Because they exploited to get better gear in the first place and then some of the xploiters ran off to PvP where they used the better gear to steam roll him and take his gear...

I might have more vested in the game if it delivered on what they were going to offer us.  The longevity of this game was pretty much sealed by week 3 after the end game was over...   Also if I didnt suspect they were going to try to turn to micro transactions for paying real money for pheonix coins to buy virtual items.

I have plenty of MMO experience over the years so it isnt like this cycle of gaming behavior isnt well known and documented and cannot be expected.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I might have more vested in the game if it delivered on what they were going to offer us.  The longevity of this game was pretty much sealed by week 3 after the end game was over...   Also if I didnt suspect they were going to try to turn to micro transactions for paying real money for pheonix coins to buy virtual items.

I kinda have to agree with ya there. In all honesty I was expecting a much, much slower climb to max level ala most MMORPGs like WoW or Star Wars the Old Republic where you spend a few levels in a zone/area, run the quests and maybe the instance there a few times, then move on to the next area with higher/harder mobs. The fact that many players blew through all the PvE zones, side-missions, quests (to open up the BOO), missions, etc. and hit the level cap within a few days of release was just bad game design.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
[

How do you know if its skill or if they exploited for better gear?
View Quote

Because I've been playing these types of games long enough to where you can normally tell.

Remember I'm on the PC. Hackers and exploiters are different. I'm skilled enough to where I can normally beat the exploiters. Hackers not so much. I have around 50 rogue kills on my board, and that was the ones i actually got the final round in on, with 150 hours played give or take a few. I also legitly beat incursion on challenge mode without any exploits.

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:30:29 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
How do they know those people are exploiting?  Its a PvP area, so in order to maintain that thought process, anyone better than them is an exploiter and a cheater.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's irrelevant whether the person (being PK'ed, harassed, griefed, etc.) knows it or not. It simply a function that the exploiter gained an advantage over some (most) players and that has an impact on some (most) those players.
Your argument is akin to rationalizing that if some high school football player abuses steroids, and it gives him a distinct advantage (faster, stronger, etc.) over the players that don't, then players that don't juice won't know if the roided player is taking roids or is just a naturally gifted above average player, so therefore it doesn't impact them. Well, it does. It never ceases to amaze me how some people rationalize unethical or immoral acts, regardless of how trivial said act may be (in this case, cheating in a video game).

Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
It's irrelevant whether the person (being PK'ed, harassed, griefed, etc.) knows it or not. It simply a function that the exploiter gained an advantage over some (most) players and that has an impact on some (most) those players.

Your argument is akin to rationalizing that if some high school football player abuses steroids, and it gives him a distinct advantage (faster, stronger, etc.) over the players that don't, then players that don't juice won't know if the roided player is taking roids or is just a naturally gifted above average player, so therefore it doesn't impact them. Well, it does. It never ceases to amaze me how some people rationalize unethical or immoral acts, regardless of how trivial said act may be (in this case, cheating in a video game).

View Quote

Well sports is just a game, right? So exploiting is no big deal, right?
Link Posted: 4/29/2016 5:40:10 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Try telling that to all the bookies and gamblers in Vegas, or the Patriots.  

Cheating in sports, for example via using performance enhancing
drugs, if not heavily policed and curbed is kinda like an arms race
where eventually everyone has to do it to be competitive and on a level
playing field (which is why pretty much 100% of pro, and many college,
athletes use performance enhancing drugs now-a-days). Cheating in video
games is no different, just the stakes are a much, much lower.

Page / 89
Top Top