Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 31
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Never liked the xd anyway. Something about made in Croatia turns me off. Despite the fact made in Austria doesn't  bother me
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm ashamed to admit I have an XD-S in the safe.  Who dares me to cut it up?  Dremel needs a workout
View Quote
Ill bump your bronze star another year if you do.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:45:42 PM EDT
[#3]
That was little more than a stab in the back to gun owners by two gun companies in IL. I hope the betrayal costs them dearly the scumbags. I personally don't own any of their products and don't live in IL but we can't reward betrayal.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]
So.

Do we have a list called "companies that fucked us all over and that's why we should never buy from them"?

Cause if so then post that link.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, I caught that right after posted..

Per your edit. I don't know but this ain't a good thing for him. He really does come from a VERY long line of family that's been as pro gun as is possible. He's also Macomb City PD & was on the west central IL multi county drug task force. He's got a good record, good genetics & pedigree. I don't know what went wrong. I can only hope it was some kind of mistake on his part, he's really not normally an idiot, he really isn't.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your friend is conspicuously absent from this list:

Opponents of SB1657

He also claims to speak for all past, present, and future customers of his training facility. Do they really have no position on an anti-gun bill?

As and side, Jay Kellar has hilariously added himself and his organiation back to the 'opponent' list.
Yeah, I caught that right after posted..

Per your edit. I don't know but this ain't a good thing for him. He really does come from a VERY long line of family that's been as pro gun as is possible. He's also Macomb City PD & was on the west central IL multi county drug task force. He's got a good record, good genetics & pedigree. I don't know what went wrong. I can only hope it was some kind of mistake on his part, he's really not normally an idiot, he really isn't.
It is possible he accidentally marked the wrong box when filling out the witness slip. People have done it before.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:48:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm ashamed to admit I have an XD-S in the safe.  Who dares me to cut it up?  Dremel needs a workout
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So.

Do we have a list called "companies that fucked us all over and that's why we should never buy from them"?

Cause if so then post that link.
View Quote
Springfield, RRA, Troy , SW (bs with the locks, have no desire to own one), CTD who did I miss?

Edit: Dicks sporting goods pulled AR stuff after sandyhook screw them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:49:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Did your friend sign the wrong link??

His FB page has a link to a forum thread *critical* of SA and RRA.

If so, tell him to go unf**k his error ASAP!!

http://a63.tinypic.com/6f70ib.jpg
View Quote
Looked at his Facebook page just now, he sure did fuck up doing the witness slip..

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:51:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You want opponents of 1657 SFA1 and he is there along with the Neutral entry.  Depending on how the slip is filled out, it isnt always possible to change from what I have read and it can not be deleted.

http://my.ilga.gov/Hearing/WitnessSlipInfo?hearingId=14794&legislationdocumentid=135332&printerfriendly=True

Your list is the early version that shows Kellers position (opposed) before the big box manufacturer carveout amendment deal was made
View Quote
Ah, yes....I see he's off the amended bill's opponents list.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#10]
It will also restrict all others in Illinois to nine firearm transfers per year.
View Quote

Holy hell, I would have been tapped out by early February.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 7:56:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just file it away in your safe. The next time the Dems get in the big office they are going to go full retard. Every gun you own is an asset.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Looked at his Facebook page just now, he sure did fuck up doing the witness slip..

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290930/image-198222.JPG
View Quote
And although discussed with the ILGA, the ability to delete a slip submitted in error has not been implemented.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Dear Springfield Armory and Rock River....

With all due respect....

Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:21:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just file it away in your safe. The next time the Dems get in the big office they are going to go full retard. Every gun you own is an asset.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I know.  It shoots so damn well for a little .45.  Thanks for giving me an out.  Might change my mind a few beers later though.  I hate gun companies that fuck us over to stay in business.  BTW did Magpul ever move out of Colorado or not?  Can't remember.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:21:37 PM EDT
[#15]
I made a bad decision keeping my old SA loaded should have sold last week

SACS comes back online as a joke and now this...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:30:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And although discussed with the ILGA, the ability to delete a slip submitted in error has not been implemented.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/290930/image-198222.JPG
Well ain't that about the bumbest thing you've ever seen.. I guess you have to consider the source...

Edit; So how the hell did this Keller bozo change his? Inside help?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:35:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I know.  It shoots so damn well for a little .45.  Thanks for giving me an out.  Might change my mind a few beers later though.  I hate gun companies that fuck us over to stay in business.  BTW did Magpul ever move out of Colorado or not?  Can't remember.
View Quote
They did. Production is in Wyoming, company HQ is in Texas. Tax dollars and jobs from things like scoring the contract to provide Pmags for the USMC are not in Colorado.

Colorado gun law backfires; Wyoming loads up with Magpul deal
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:46:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I was seriously thinking about a Springfield XD-E (new hammer fired DA/SA 9mm).

No more now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Well, I was seriously thinking about a Springfield XD-E (new hammer fired DA/SA 9mm).

No more now.
View Quote
The Saint was actually a decent carbine in that price range as well.  Too bad...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 8:54:42 PM EDT
[#20]
People in states like Illinois  will immediately move to the south, because of BS like this.  Then try to elect those same kind of politicians here. But that's the way we did it back home.  Freedom in the south is so backwards.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:11:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Well ain't that about the bumbest thing you've ever seen.. I guess you have to consider the source...

Edit; So how the hell did this Keller bozo change his? Inside help?
View Quote
Different witness slip committee hearings.

Filed an opposition slip to original bill SB1657 hearing.

The amendment/carve out was a different later hearing and for SB1657 SFA1.  He filed a neutral slip for that one.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:22:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
People in states like Illinois  will immediately move to the south, because of BS like this.  Then try to elect those same kind of politicians here. But that's the way we did it back home.  Freedom in the south is so backwards.
View Quote
The kind of people to move from a state for gun rights and because they are opposed to the nanny state aren't the kind to vote for big intrusive liberal government. In the decade since I left California I have never voted in favor of any democrat or government expansion. Actually I have never voted for a democrat or government expansion since becoming old enough to vote. My first state election was for the govenator in the special election to replace Gray Davis a democrat who before his Enron scandal which saw him kicked out of office was one of the favored candidates to potentially run for president. My first presidential election I voted for GWB. It's as stupid and false to say everyone leaving a state with crappy government seeks to impose it in their new home as when a smug northern lib calls all southerners inbred cousin fuckers.

Now if your argument was for people leaving the state because of high taxes or cost of living then destroying the new state you would be closer to a cogent theory. Much of the trash that floats across the Potomac and does it's best to turn VA blue is an example of that.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:24:05 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hahaha wth do you know about how we vote. Thanks for the support
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The kind of people to move from a state for gun rights and because they are opposed to the nanny state aren't the kind to vote for big intrusive liberal government. In the decade since I left California I have never voted in favor of any democrat or government expansion. Actually I have never voted for a democrat or government expansion since becoming old enough to vote. My first state election was for the govenator in the special election to replace Gray Davis a democrat who before his Enron scandal which saw him kicked out of office was one of the favored candidates to potentially run for president. My first presidential election I voted for GWB. It's as stupid and false to say everyone leaving a state with crappy government seeks to impose it in their new home as when a smug northern lib calls all southerners inbred cousin fuckers.

Now if your argument was for people leaving the state because of high taxes or cost of living then destroying the new state you would be closer to a cogent theory. Much of the trash that floats across the Potomac and does it's best to turn VA blue is an example of that.
View Quote
Could have chosen my words more carefully.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:29:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Hahaha wth do you know about how we vote. Thanks for the support
View Quote
Once again, could have chosen my words more carefully.  My youngest brother and his wife live in some small town near Peoria.  I went there on a little 2 engine plane.  I asked about all their crappy gun laws and he told me that there are a lot of conservative people here, but we are dominated by Chicago.  Apologies.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:40:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Bump
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Could have chosen my words more carefully.
View Quote
Thank you for the clarification. It's just a common and annoying thing that's often stated on GD.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Once again, could have chosen my words more carefully.  My youngest brother and his wife live in some small town near Peoria.  I went there on a little 2 engine plane.  I asked about all their crappy gun laws and he told me that there are a lot of conservative people here, but we are dominated by Chicago.  Apologies.
View Quote
Apologies accepted. Yeah we get shafted by chicago and pretty much cook county.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:51:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have an XD9 sc and I love it! I put a drop in trigger and springs, and a few other goodies from Powder River. I bought this in '09, I'm NOT destroying it or selling it!
I also have a Springfield M1 from 1953, not getting rid of that either.
BUT, I'm not buying anything from either one from here on out.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#31]
My first gun was a 10-22, my second a RRA AR (the LE from this site back in 2001, which is now an SBR), and my third a Springfield 1911. I have two more RRAs, with two more planned to purchase. I planned to purchase another 1911 and a M1A.

To say I'm pissed off is an understatement. There is no reason to sell out gun owners or gun dealers. Springfield's statement is clearly a CYA. There is no reason (yes even because of "lawyers) to not say "We 100% oppose this bill", regardless of whether they originally did. But the fact they didn't tells you they support it because it doesn't affect them.

There is no RRA statement, and hopefully based on the post up above, they didn't realize what they were doing.

Regardless, until a statement is issued from SA and RRA explaining their 100% opposition, they are dead to me and I will never buy anything from them again. Let them going down as the next S&W.

Glad to see we gun owners stick together.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:10:03 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Different witness slip committee hearings.

Filed an opposition slip to original bill SB1657 hearing.

The amendment/carve out was a different later hearing and for SB1657 SFA1.  He filed a neutral slip for that one.
View Quote
Thank you!
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#33]
I guess RRA's CEO must be having a time at the convention if he still hasn't made a public comment.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#34]
One thing that hasnt been mentioned is the time they allowed for witness slip filing was only a couple of hours...unusual and probably meant to ramrod this through under the radar
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:40:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like Springfield's PR staff is going to wear out their backspace key this weekend.  

Can someone screen shot this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Armory,_Inc.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
The statement said nothing really and if there's fuckery going on behind the scenes, their lawyers would be advising them to say nothing till recourse is established.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The statement given by the SA president says it all. There was no denial. If it was done without their approval, they would be shouting it from the rooftops.
The statement said nothing really and if there's fuckery going on behind the scenes, their lawyers would be advising them to say nothing till recourse is established.
Bull shit.

This is the equivilent of calling me a pedophile.
If you publicly proclaim me to be a pedophile and advertise that in a way that has a measurable affect on my ability to make a living, I'm making loud, frequent and public denials and I'm publicly announcing the lawsuit with my attorney by my side.
If my attorney doesnt want me defending myself against public slander and liable, I'm getting a new attorney because that one doesnt have my best interests in mind.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:50:37 PM EDT
[#37]
sigh...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Looks like Springfield's PR staff is going to wear out their backspace key this weekend.  

Can someone screen shot this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Springfield_Armory,_Inc.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#39]
For those who have not seen this yet.   Warning  strong language

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoj4kL0jQQ
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:09:57 PM EDT
[#40]
So, do I have this right?

Springfield and RRA both donated money to this group 3 years ago, and then recently this group conceded to anti-gun legislation.

Is that correct?
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:19:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I have an XD9 sc and I love it! I put a drop in trigger and springs, and a few other goodies from Powder River. I bought this in '09, I'm NOT destroying it or selling it!
I also have a Springfield M1 from 1953, not getting rid of that either.
BUT, I'm not buying anything from either one from here on out.
View Quote
Your M1 Carbine was made by an entirely different and unrelated company/organization.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:19:57 PM EDT
[#42]
He'll hath no fury like a gun owner scorned.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Springfield and RRA both donated money to this group 3 years ago, and then recently this group conceded to anti-gun legislation.

Is that correct?
View Quote
Not correct but, I see why you might think that.   This lobbyist is currently representing the "manufacturers" and the only contributors are RRA and Springfield.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:26:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Is that correct?
View Quote
It sounds like that's true. But there must me more. Such as somebody posted above that SA and the guy running IFMA have close ties. SA also released a statement that did not deny this story, but only "the legislative process is fluid". You have to read between the lines, but if it wasn't true, SA would have released a strong denial. They also have pulled down company reviews from Facebook. RRA has also been silent, and even protected their Twitter account.

Where there is smoke... there is fire...
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:29:52 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Not correct but, I see why you might think that.   This lobbyist is currently representing the "manufacturers" and the only contributors are RRA and Springfield.
View Quote
Could you elaborate and tell me what part is factually untrue?
I'm just trying to make sure I am not overreacting.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:32:59 PM EDT
[#46]
Don't own nor will own products from either company.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:36:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Could you elaborate and tell me what part is factually untrue?
I'm just trying to make sure I am not overreacting.
View Quote
If you think that after the initial startup funding the organization paid and that was the end of the relationship, that is incorrect.  
Jay Keller is well known in Springfield as representing the gun manufacturers.  He is pretty much at the table whenever there is a gun related bill being debated in committee.  
He speaks for the manufactures in Springfield.

If I missed something, feel free to ask again.
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:42:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Anyone at  NRA GatherIng been by the booth to talk to the people @ Springfield Armory or the Rock River Arms boiths?
View Quote
Mrgunsngear did an end of day NRA show wrap up video on facebook and he said that things around the springfield armory booth were pretty heated. Lot's of pissed of people saying pissed off things and that he would expect a bunch of videos to start popping up about it.

It's right about at the 5:19 mark:
https://www.facebook.com/Mrgunsngear/videos/1226316390814758/
Link Posted: 4/29/2017 11:58:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

If you think that after the initial startup funding the organization paid and that was the end of the relationship, that is incorrect.  
Jay Keller is well known in Springfield as representing the gun manufacturers.  He is pretty much at the table whenever there is a gun related bill being debated in committee.  
He speaks for the manufactures in Springfield.

If I missed something, feel free to ask again.
View Quote
So I'm tired AF, so I apologize if I'm not keeping pace.

Let me ask a more poignant question: Is this whole thing taken way out of context, or does Springfield have egg on their face here? (as well as RRA)
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 12:01:49 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So I'm tired AF, so I apologize if I'm not keeping pace.

Let me ask a more poignant question: Is this whole thing taken way out of context, or does Springfield have egg on their face here? (as well as RRA)
View Quote
Decide for yourself, take fifteen minutes and read the entire thread, it's all spelled out.
Page / 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top