BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 32
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:32:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Reservists get a dd214 every time they drop back to the selected reserve. That's the only thing I can think of but still wosnt make sense for him to have it there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait wait wait. Who in the fuck has their DD214 in the stan? I did not get mine until the day I easd so how in the hell did you have yours when you were in a combat zone?

Reservists get a dd214 every time they drop back to the selected reserve. That's the only thing I can think of but still wosnt make sense for him to have it there.

Keekle....read my response earlier on the page. I was active duty in the USMC and got my DD214 in 1999 when I EAS'd....just like everyone else. I took all my personal docs to both Iraq and Afghanistan...kept them with me the 8+ or so years I was there  If it doesn't make sense, then I am sorry....me and everyone else I knew who pretty much "lived" there did that. I guess the main mentality being if we needed to un-ass the country or lost a passport, we'd still have a DD214, Driver's License, and Birth Certificate to use as several different forms of identification. Also, if we switched companies like a lot of did frequently, we needed those docs. I know for a fact Dyncorp asked for my DD214 and I had it right there and didn't have to "go home and get it", but I ended up turning down the offer to go with another NAT company that allowed me to work for other companies on the side.

Every contractor over there did this...or at least a variant of it. We could only be in the USA for 35 days a year if we wanted to keep the tax exempt status. Running home or asking someone at home to dig through your stuff when you needed it ASAP was just not reasonable.

I hope you understand it, now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Well, I think it's stupid but I bet it's to try and get taken care of by USFOR if you get shot or blown up or captured or something.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait wait wait. Who in the fuck has their DD214 in the stan? I did not get mine until the day I easd so how in the hell did you have yours when you were in a combat zone?

Well, I think it's stupid but I bet it's to try and get taken care of by USFOR if you get shot or blown up or captured or something.

CWG...no, but I guess it could, maybe. There was a lot of contractor hate (imagine that) over there. We had LOA's and Orders that designated what USG and NATO services we could use.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#3]
JarHead,  anything ever happen to the truckers that jumped you?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:00:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, CWG...contractors have Letters of Authorization (LOA's) and used to have "Orders" like the military...but I think they stopped that for some or maybe all. The LOA's state what services you are entitled to use (DFAC, MWR, Medical) and they were also used in conjunction with the weapon cards that we had in Afghanistan. When a contractor goes to the TMH or CSH - or Role 3 as in KAF they can pull your info up on a database to see if you are covered under the required DBA insurance - just like a normal hospital. Things went sideways from there as DBA declined to pay for my medical bills since I was technically "still on leave and shouldn't have been working in the field until the next day" or some trash like that. Like has been said, I hired a lawyer and an agreement to settle has been reached as of last month. There are still some issues to iron out but at least they are not fighting us anymore and they have paid back almost $200k to Blue Cross Blue Shield (my secondary insurance that DID cover me).

Ya'll can hate on me all you want, I don't like it (who would) but the fact is I was in the military and I was overseas for quite a few years. I did what I said I did and I am who I am, you don't have to like it and you don't have to be my buddy. I helped any member of the military that I saw needed it or asked for it when I was overseas and became friends with many of them despite the fact I was a contractor - I knew I had it good compared to you guys and I tried, whenever possible, to make their lives better any chance I could. I don't want a cookie or an attaboy - I don't want a damn thing. I am not a liar or exaggerating what I did because I didn't do anything special. I am no hero or Tier 1 operator. It was hot, dirty and sometimes scary and unglamorous work (except R&R to Dubai to drink beer...that fucking rocked).

So, if you guys have serious questions, or want to understand anything about what the work was like or why I am a loyal SOE customer, then just ask and I'll answer honestly. You want to make fun of me, then go ahead...it's a free country and I won't stop you. I did my part the best I could and I sleep good at night.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:01:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Posting on page 22 even though the thread only shows 21 pages...

ETA has this happened to anyone else?
View Quote

Yes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:03:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Yes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Posting on page 22 even though the thread only shows 21 pages...

ETA has this happened to anyone else?

Yes.

I've had a few pages hang like that the last few days.  Seems to happen couples times a year.  Probably just zombies in the server.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://

Keekle....read my response earlier on the page. I was active duty in the USMC and got my DD214 in 1999 when I EAS'd....just like everyone else. I took all my personal docs to both Iraq and Afghanistan...kept them with me the 8+ or so years I was there  If it doesn't make sense, then I am sorry....me and everyone else I knew who pretty much "lived" there did that. I guess the main mentality being if we needed to un-ass the country or lost a passport, we'd still have a DD214, Driver's License, and Birth Certificate to use as several different forms of identification. Also, if we switched companies like a lot of did frequently, we needed those docs. I know for a fact Dyncorp asked for my DD214 and I had it right there and didn't have to "go home and get it", but I ended up turning down the offer to go with another NAT company that allowed me to work for other companies on the side.

Every contractor over there did this...or at least a variant of it. We could only be in the USA for 35 days a year if we wanted to keep the tax exempt status. Running home or asking someone at home to dig through your stuff when you needed it ASAP was just not reasonable.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe you could better explain

1). Why you didn't just make a copy of all your vital documents

2). Why you felt it was necessary to carry your only copies in your chest rig at all times?

3) why you felt these were going to be important for when you had to 'unass' the country like you were in bravo 2-0

4) what did you do to those truck drivers?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
JarHead,  anything ever happen to the truckers that jumped you?
View Quote

Not to my knowledge. I did hear but couldn't confirm that one of them ended up with his throat cut. The military at KTY found him like that in his truck one morning. I don't know what to make of it, really. Most everyone I knew and worked with are home now, so I've just tried to put it all past me and focus on a new life and school.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:17:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good question...I just never did. No other subversive reason.

2). Why you felt it was necessary to carry your only copies in your chest rig at all times?
Like I said, it was the one item that was with me at all times. I seldom wore armor. I had kept them in my Bug Out Bag at one point, but decided that if I did have to catch a plane out of the country, I wouldn't have time to go back and grab the bag, or, if I kept it in the vehicle (an unarmored Toyota Surf) if I had to ditch the vehicle, I wouldn't necessarily have time to grab things. So I deemed that my chest rig was the best place to keep it. I do have copies of my LOA and weapons authorization - those were emailed to me in a pdf format by my company. I guess I need to go to Dallas and get a certified copy of my birth certificate and send off for my DD214, but it just hasn't been a priority with me being in school now.

3) why you felt these were going to be important for when you had to 'unass' the country like you were in bravo 2-0
Well, maybe you are looking at it from the point of a soldier - you had the full weight of your unit and the USG (theoretically) behind you. In reality, you know now they would and have throw you guys under the bus if it suited them (not your unit...but you know what I mean). Now, look at it from the point of a contractor - I was by myself, I had very little support, and if I killed someone accidentally or in self defense - I was not gonna wait around to get arrested by the ANP. A coworker hit an Afghani who jumped in to the middle of the road at the ECP in Bagram - quite unintentionally - but the guy died. He got a flight out of there to Dubai then to the USA either that day or the next. The local ANP and the man's family wanted to hang him. Our company lawyers eventually paid the family $500 and my coworker returned to work

What did I do? I wasn't in any shape to do anything after they got through with me. I wish I could say I kicked all of their asses like Chuck Norris, but I didn't. Best I can say is that I went down fighting and either I or one of them cut the tip of my thumb off. Lets just say I did it trying to stab every motherfucking one of them I could....can you give me that?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good question...I just never did. No other subversive reason.

Like I said, it was the one item that was with me at all times. I seldom wore armor. I had kept them in my Bug Out Bag at one point, but decided that if I did have to catch a plane out of the country, I wouldn't have time to go back and grab the bag, or, if I kept it in the vehicle (an unarmored Toyota Surf) if I had to ditch the vehicle, I wouldn't necessarily have time to grab things. So I deemed that my chest rig was the best place to keep it. I do have copies of my LOA and weapons authorization - those were emailed to me in a pdf format by my company. I guess I need to go to Dallas and get a certified copy of my birth certificate and send off for my DD214, but it just hasn't been a priority with me being in school now.

Well, maybe you are looking at it from the point of a soldier - you had the full weight of your unit and the USG (theoretically) behind you. In reality, you know now they would and have throw you guys under the bus if it suited them (not your unit...but you know what I mean). Now, look at it from the point of a contractor - I was by myself, I had very little support, and if I killed someone accidentally or in self defense - I was not gonna wait around to get arrested by the ANP. A coworker hit an Afghani who jumped in to the middle of the road at the ECP in Bagram - quite unintentionally - but the guy died. He got a flight out of there to Dubai then to the USA either that day or the next. The local ANP and the man's family wanted to hang him. Our company lawyers eventually paid the family $500 and my coworker returned to work

What did I do? I wasn't in any shape to do anything after they got through with me. I wish I could say I kicked all of their asses like Chuck Norris, but I didn't. Best I can say is that I went down fighting and either I or one of them cut the tip of my thumb off. Lets just say I did it trying to stab every motherfucking one of them I could....can you give me that?

Pic of re-attached thumb. Actually it was not reattached...it was grafted from skin taken from the palm of my hand.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:29:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I represent John Willis and SOE. I am his attorney, and I speak from personal knowledge on this subject. I have been to the SOE facility many, many times.

John Willis does not possess and did not appear in a video with a firearm or live ammunition. All of the "guns" you have seen are airguns. All of the ammunition is dummy ammo or blanks.

View Quote

Good.
He's still a neckbeard.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:34:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Since the thread is derailed already and most of ya'll think I am full of shit, then here are some more pics from me at work and later in the hospital:

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]
What year and month were you rolled at ECP3?

Were you wearing real people clothes or man jams?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:38:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Alright I guess you're legit, sorry we jumped your shit but you know how things are these days with posers everywhere.
Kinda feel like a real doucher from looking at the pics, looks like you got messed up bad. What happened of you don't mind me asking?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What year and month were you rolled at ECP3?

Were you wearing real people clothes or man jams?
View Quote

I wasn't rolled at ECP3...my coworker hit a local at ECP3 (maybe ECP 1...I can't really remember...but it was the main truck ECP) in Bagram. I think it was around Decemeber 2011...wasn't that when the Korans were burned? I only used that example to explain why we always had "un-assing the country" as a priority and kept spare clothes and documentation ready to go. Apparently, it's really a contractor thing, and I was silly to take it for granted that you guys in the military would even see the reason why we do that stuff. Looking back at it, then I don't see why I took if for granted that guys over there in the military would even keep personal documents on them since your S1 handles all of that. Lesson learned.

Oh, and to answer your question - I got rolled knocked the fuck out in March of 2012 at the Kandahar Truck Yard, which is near Kandahar City which, in reality, is a fair distance from KAF. I was wearing local clothes. I only put on the man jams when going into Kandahar City, TK or Spin Baldak. I was nervous about the 18 y/o on top of the MRAPs whenever I was in man jams....especially at night. Know what I mean?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Alright. I call it legit. Sorry for any offense. Cool AK, btw.

I still don't agree with you about John Willis though, respectfully.

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:55:37 PM EDT
[#17]
It's all good, guys. Can I join the club now?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, we have cake.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Back to Willis, TAG has a 20% off store wide sale on TAG items including clearance items. I think it is US made gear and they have a broader selection than SOE. Why would anyone buy from that monkey?
View Quote

I couldn't find it. Am I just retarded?

Not on their main page anywhere. Is it a code?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:02:43 PM EDT
[#20]
You guys need to know this....I am really ashamed of it, but I need to be honest and finally get it off my chest.

When, at the moment of truth, I realized my life was in danger....I bladed at 45 degrees and shouted "hal tuhibb an tarqus_" - which is Pashto for "You WILL NOT touch my weapon".

Am I still cool?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:03:21 PM EDT
[#21]
How did you beat ARDS?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:04:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, we have cake.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, we have cake.

You came clean, and definitely legit. With the number of people that are poser's, we can be wound pretty tight. My apology to you, I am sorry. Willis is still a thief. You'd be better off yourself by gaining your distance from him.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:09:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, just need a tank

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:29:33 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
How did you beat ARDS?
View Quote

Honestly? A lot of prayers and the mercy of the good Lord. I shouldn't be here. Doctors gave me a 0 percent chance of survival. The beating I took wasn't anything compared to what I later went through with the pneumonia/ARDS issue due to the not so urgent care I received. Another story for another day...or IM me if you really want all of the not-so-happy details.

ARDS is a motherfucker and the sole reason I am in school to be a nurse and ultimately nurse practitioner specializing in Respiratory issues.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 6:39:35 PM EDT
[#25]
It killed my little bro last year. I fucking hate ARDS.

You are indeed VERY lucky to be here.

Glad you are.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
It killed my little bro last year. I fucking hate ARDS.

You are indeed VERY lucky to be here.

Glad you are.
View Quote

Very sorry to hear that. It is a terrible, terrible syndrome - for the patient, family, and caregivers alike. How old was your brother?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:26:47 PM EDT
[#27]
On a happier note...I am truly shocked that ya'll have not commented on how ruggedly handsome I am.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 7:44:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
On a happier note...I am truly shocked that ya'll have not commented on how ruggedly handsome I am.
View Quote

Dirty ginger. Also, having a wiener kills your chances.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 8:01:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

You guys need to know this....I am really ashamed of it, but I need to be honest and finally get it off my chest.

When, at the moment of truth, I realized my life was in danger....I bladed at 45 degrees and shouted "hal tuhibb an tarqus_" - which is Pashto for "You WILL NOT touch my weapon".

Am I still cool?

View Quote

Well-done!

Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Back to Willis, TAG has a 20% off store wide sale on TAG items including clearance items. I think it is US made gear and they have a broader selection than SOE. Why would anyone buy from that monkey?

I got an email... it is LABORDAY2014

It ends Monday and it is for TAG items only.
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 11:34:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:00:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Honestly? A lot of prayers and the mercy of the good Lord. I shouldn't be here. Doctors gave me a 0 percent chance of survival. The beating I took wasn't anything compared to what I later went through with the pneumonia/ARDS issue due to the not so urgent care I received. Another story for another day...or IM me if you really want all of the not-so-happy details.

ARDS is a motherfucker and the sole reason I am in school to be a nurse and ultimately nurse practitioner specializing in Respiratory issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How did you beat ARDS?

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:31:59 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Damn Ewen Bremner, I can't decide if I liked you better in Pearl Harbor or Black Hawk Down.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 1:34:47 AM EDT
[#35]
Shut up boots!
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:34:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Some true irony and connect the dots here.................If my memory serves me right........

TAG and SOE had storefronts almost across the street from each other in O'side way back.  

Willis' buddy Mick Strider (felon/poser himself) called out Chris Osman (owner/founder of TAG) for being a poser and also blaming him for being involved with getting Willis and some other buddies arrested. The angle Strider took was Osman trying to get rid of the competition.

Osman took Strider to court where a few things happened.  

Osman produced his DD214s proving he had been both a Marine and SEAL with combat experience as claimed.  

Strider was forced to produce his DD214 where it was revealed he wasnt who he said he was and had been lying about his service (namely combat experience) to promote his company, but also was an armed carjacking convicted felon.  

He had to submit a written apology to Osman stating as such and cease from promoting his business with the false claims about his service.

The fallout from this eventually led to the outing of Strider's partner Duane Dwyer as a poser too.  He was actually some type of air support computer guy and not the combat experienced Force Recon sniper with confirmed kills that were claimed.

This in turn led to allegations about a very well known and current tactical trainer embellishing his bio (he was an ardent defender/supporter, personal friend and possibly business partner of the Strider crew) after which his bio seen around the "error-net" was severly edited.  

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 4:42:38 AM EDT
[#37]
This thread has been amazing,so many twist and turns.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 5:09:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Some true irony and connect the dots here.................If my memory serves me right........

TAG and SOE had storefronts almost across the street from each other in O'side way back.  

Willis' buddy Mick Strider (felon/poser himself) called out Chris Osman (owner/founder of TAG) for being a poser and also blaming him for being involved with getting Willis and some other buddies arrested. The angle Strider took was Osman trying to get rid of the competition.

Osman produced his DD214s proving he had been both a Marine and SEAL with combat experience as claimed.  

Strider was forced to produce his DD214 where it was revealed he wasnt who he said he was and had been lying about his service (namely combat experience) to promote his company, but also was an armed carjacking convicted felon.  

He had to submit a written apology to Osman stating as such and cease from promoting his business with the false claims about his service.

The fallout from this eventually led to the outing of Strider's partner Duane Dwyer as a poser too.  He was actually some type of air support computer guy and not the combat experienced Force Recon sniper with confirmed kills that were claimed.

This in turn led to allegations about a very well known and current tactical trainer embellishing his bio (he was an ardent defender/supporter, personal friend and possibly business partner of the Strider crew) after which his bio seen around the "error-net" was severly edited.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Damn,  and I almost bought a Strider knife.  Glad I didn't.  
I'll be looking more at T.A.G.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:15:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't suppose you want to put that name out there?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 6:36:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pat Rogers
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 7:13:57 AM EDT
[#41]
So John Willis hangs with Cory the AWOL clown, Mick "Strider" The Liar...anyone else we are missing?

You are the company you keep.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:28:30 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
<a href="http://s389.photobucket.com/user/aimless223/media/whitetrashpenguin_zps06e6e58b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo333/aimless223/whitetrashpenguin_zps06e6e58b.jpg</a>

Spend $ 75 and get a $ 2 pigeon looking thing!
View Quote

lol. Are you gonna buy one?
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:29:18 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:31:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:34:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
$ 75 for a grade school home ec art project? I'll pass. Hope a million idiots get them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
<a href="http://s389.photobucket.com/user/aimless223/media/whitetrashpenguin_zps06e6e58b.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i389.photobucket.com/albums/oo333/aimless223/whitetrashpenguin_zps06e6e58b.jpg</a>

Spend $ 75 and get a $ 2 pigeon looking thing!

lol. Are you gonna buy one?
$ 75 for a grade school home ec art project? I'll pass. Hope a million idiots get them.  

The beak is the wrong color and it's missing the bow. Talk about lack of details.
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/31/2014 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not to mention it's WHITE

Maybe arctic camouflage?

sewing a bowtie on would cost another $ .02, kind of defeats the purpose of getting idiots to buy a bunch of shit they don't need to get a "free" bean bag that costs nothing to make

View Quote

I'm just jealous so many of his subs hate you they are willing to buy a shitty nylon bird in your avatars likeness.

Link Posted: 8/31/2014 9:00:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 32
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top