BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:20:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I've heard this 'Rand is great at reaching out to Blacks and young liberals' line before and find it interesting.

Is the implication that Rand will win in the primaries by attracting non-traditional GOP voters into the process (sort of like how Thad Cochran finally turned back McDaniels by seeking out the votes of Black Dems)?  

The whole thing strikes me as odd, considering how offended 'libertarians' get when you point out their similarities with the traditional Left.  Really, reaching out to Blacks and Ivy League Leftists is how fiscal conservatives and small government activists are going to take back America?  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He reaches out to Brown Univ. and other bastions of Liberal thought and actually makes some headway.

The man is putting together a coalition that can get him over the considerable humps of the old guard GOP, all the Lefties and the MSN.

Chess on multiple levels.

I've heard this 'Rand is great at reaching out to Blacks and young liberals' line before and find it interesting.

Is the implication that Rand will win in the primaries by attracting non-traditional GOP voters into the process (sort of like how Thad Cochran finally turned back McDaniels by seeking out the votes of Black Dems)?  

The whole thing strikes me as odd, considering how offended 'libertarians' get when you point out their similarities with the traditional Left.  Really, reaching out to Blacks and Ivy League Leftists is how fiscal conservatives and small government activists are going to take back America?  

I don't get ti as well, everyone knows that Libertarians pull from both parties.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Did a Lincoln cabinet member write Article 1 section 10 of the US Constitution?  You're right, any piece of shit that advocates overthrowing the country doesn't respect the rule of law in the first place.
View Quote

"overthrowing the country"

Have you been reading this thread at all?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:24:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

This.  The union is not eternal. no matter how much you want it to be, and whatever rationalizations you come up with.

Once upon a time we were ruled by a person who felt his right was divine and given to him by god.

We left. and if stayed want to leave they can.

That s true freedom and it is the point if the entire country.

Does the idea scare you?
View Quote

All of which supports the contention that illiteracy is still a big problem in this country.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Lets say Texas wanted to succeed today, you're okay with Obama sending troops down there to fight the Texas National Guard? How many hundred of thousands of Americans should our government kill this time to make you feel good about your union?

That is the one question that the big government people (Progressives) will always fail to answer.

Lincoln sent troops to kill Americans and destroy American cities over the issue of secession because he was too weak to deal with it on a political basis.

If another state were to secede the Union nowadays I would not want this filthy government of ours to kill Americans over it.  It would be immoral.

If any state wants to secede then they should have the freedom to do so and they should not be killed over it.  After all this Union should not be a suicide pact.  It is not the fucking Mafia where once you join you have to stay in.  If Texas or anybody else feels it is in their best interest to quit this Union then God bless them and I wish them well.  I sure as hell do not want any of my tax money money to be used for military action to kill them.
View Quote

This is the correct attitude.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:31:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't get ti as well, everyone knows that Libertarians pull from both parties.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He reaches out to Brown Univ. and other bastions of Liberal thought and actually makes some headway.

The man is putting together a coalition that can get him over the considerable humps of the old guard GOP, all the Lefties and the MSN.

Yes; you sure as hell don't get it.

Obama, Pelosi, and Rand Paul React to Ferguson.

http://takingnote.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/08/14/national-politicians-react-to-ferguson/?_php=true&_type=blogs&_r=0
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:31:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Finding areas of common thought on basic issues gets a foot in the door with those whom would normally slam it in your face.

The untenable situation we are in is becoming starkly obvious to many who, in the past, just drank the Kool-aid and voted accordingly. This opens avenues of approach to voters who are now beginning to see the reality of our situation.

You cannot however, go at them with fire and brimstone (Cruz et al) as that will just turn them off to anything further you have to say. You must confront them with common sense positions on issues that really affect them. Rand is very good at this tactic, speaking common sense in common terms to people of differing political persuasions.

His endorsements of Cochran and Mitch as well as other things I'm sure we don't know about are just tactics in a different battle. In order for a TEA party guy to get the GOP nomination, he'll need some friends on the inside for sure. These moves are aimed at solidifying support from some of the old guard movers and shakers who will be very influential in the smoke-filled strategy rooms readying for '16.

Rand seems to be assembling all the pieces to become the GOP nominee and if he does, I think he'll win in a landslide after the whole country gets a good dose of him in a debate format.

He connects to people and bottom line, that's what it takes and that's also what scares the shit out of those who embrace the status quo.

It won't be easy with half the R's, all the D's and the whole of the MSM demagogueing every word out of his mouth but so far at least, he seems to have the temperament to keep his shit together and not blow his cool.

Reagan proved that a common sense position, articulated in common terms, is a winning strategy.

I really don't understand you asking this question though as I've seen you around here for years and I seem to remember you to be politically astute.

I'd have thought you would already have seen everything I just typed for yourself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:32:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Lets say Texas wanted to succeed today, you're okay with Obama sending troops down there to fight the Texas National Guard? How many hundred of thousands of Americans should our government kill this time to make you feel good about your union?

That is the one question that the big government people (Progressives) will always fail to answer.

Lincoln sent troops to kill Americans and destroy American cities over the issue of secession because he was too weak to deal with it on a political basis.

If another state were to secede the Union nowadays I would not want this filthy government of ours to kill Americans over it.  It would be immoral.

If any state wants to secede then they should have the freedom to do so and they should not be killed over it.  After all this Union should not be a suicide pact.  It is not the fucking Mafia where once you join you have to stay in.  If Texas or anybody else feels it is in their best interest to quit this Union then God bless them and I wish them well.  I sure as hell do not want any of my tax money money to be used for military action to kill them.

Should I be allowed to secede from my state?  To declare that my property is no longer part of the state of Georgia?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why should he shut his mouth?
View Quote

1.because the idea of a voluntary union of free and independent states. That can come and go as they will scares the pants off the OP.
2. It messy to change the flag as it looks good as it is.
3. He love big gov and hates those who reject it.
4. He has not said his why it anything just that  "its bad"
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
OP, in your opinion, what is the purpose of the 2nd amendment?

Wow, gee, I don't know let me give that some thought..... WTF?

Take your time.

http://chan.catiewayne.com/z/src/136702084731.gif

What the fuck do you think it is?  I don't report to you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Reagan proved that a common sense position, articulated in common terms, is a winning strategy.

View Quote

#WINNING-giving great speeches about how bad the gov. is,and then expanding said gov. and increasing spending.

That "winning strategy" is why we are where we are,and where we are going..............
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Ron Paul and the Libertarians are far closer to the Liberals than I'll ever be.  He should just shut his mouth quit agitating.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because he doesn't agree with RP. Typical liberal bullshit.

Ron Paul and the Libertarians are far closer to the Liberals than I'll ever be.  He should just shut his mouth quit agitating.

You don't like free political speech?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:42:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

1.because the idea of a voluntary union of free and independent states. That can come and go as they will scares the pants off the OP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't know a fucking thing about me
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:44:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your time.

Strike a nerve,did he?

He just asked what your opinion was as to the purpose of the 2nd.

Like this-
My opinion is the 2nd Amendment is there so the people can stand up against tyranny when it shows it's face.Easy peasy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:48:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Strike a nerve,did he?

Like this-
My opinion is the 2nd Amendment is there so the people can stand up against tyranny when it shows it's face.Easy peasy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your time.

Strike a nerve,did he?

Like this-

It is a simple question.  I can't fathom why he can't answer it.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:51:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

He's only worth a damn if you agree with his bullshit
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My opinion-during the Cold War the Communists externally and internally planted the seeds of destruction for this country with setting up social programs doomed to failure, controlling their message through captured media and academia, and fomenting racial discord.  Their plan is finally coming to fruition, and when they get some shill like Paul to promote secession as a solution to a problem they’ve caused they applaud him as the destruction of the United States has been their goal since the 1940’s.  Paul’s lemmings think he’s edgy and hip with this concept, too manipulated to realize that they’re supporting the enemies of the United States.  
Paul may be “retired” but he has his followers within his cult and he has a son hiding inside the Republican Party poised to run for President of the United States.
YMMV

Will you not stand with Rand?

No. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Remember when he blamed ferguson mo on police "militarization" and oppression of blacks?  Fuck him

Yeah, fuck one of the few senators who is worth a damn.

He's only worth a damn if you agree with his bullshit

Please enlighten us with his "bullshit" specifics will help greatly.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:53:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Secession will surely ruin the country.  Activism, donating money and time for the right candidate can turn things around.  As bad as things are now, there have been worse times in United States history.  We recovered after the civil war, we can surely recover from these time.  I don't believe in destroying the village to save it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So since it was asked and you conveniently skipped over it I will rephrase and ask again.

Since the path we are taking no doesn't seem to be working, and over half of the voting population is now bought off with various types of "welfare" programs we can make an educated guess that change through voting will no longer work, what do you suggest is the proper course of action?  If dissolving the union will lead to its destruction, and doing nothing will also lead to its destruction; what is the "correct" play here?

Secession will surely ruin the country.  Activism, donating money and time for the right candidate can turn things around.  As bad as things are now, there have been worse times in United States history.  We recovered after the civil war, we can surely recover from these time.  I don't believe in destroying the village to save it

I wish that were true, but the political machines really control who we get to pick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Ron Paul gonna dish out some hickory shampoo !

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:08:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ve often wondered if the Libertarian Party is a covert operation by the Communist Left.  The Democrats have already captured the liberal leaning youth, and the Libertarians appeal to the somewhat conservative middle leaning youth.    .
View Quote

lol

Ron Paul teaches his lemmings that the United States was responsible for 9/11, he pushes isolationism,  Define isolationism....

he seems to hate our modern military...cite please

and is OK with open borders...... Cite please. What is never mentioned (on purpose) is that the welfare state is to be abolished first.  Changes things doesn't it?

Paul chortling at the secession movement underscores that he doesn’t have this country’s interest at heart. .....Only the people.

and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes....... So?  If you haven't looked lately  pretty much an R vote is a D vote. When you look at long term trends and direction of the country.  Its not hard to get libertarian votes. Step one would be stop being a pussy-assed Democrat in a Republican suit.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:14:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Did a Lincoln cabinet member write Article 1 section 10 of the US Constitution?  You're right, any piece of shit that advocates overthrowing the country doesn't respect the rule of law in the first place.
View Quote

Secession is not an act of overthrowing a country.  It is an act of getting out of a suicide pact or an abusive relationship.  Do you understand the difference?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:16:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

#WINNING-giving great speeches about how bad the gov. is,and then expanding said gov. and increasing spending.

That "winning strategy" is why we are where we are,and where we are going..............
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, unless you're ready to FO, electing somebody like Rand is at least a possible first step to get things straightened out.

Your solution is what exactly? Vote for someone who has NO CHANCE of winnning thereby insuring the continuance if not the accelleration of the status quo?

Sounds a little psychotic to me but hey, it's your vote. Have at it hoss.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:17:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

No, you can choose to join.

You may never leave.

A war fought between 1861-1865 proves that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
States joined freely and if they like they can leave.

No, you can choose to join.

You may never leave.

A war fought between 1861-1865 proves that.

Even that is not forever, my friend. If they want to go, They can. It Human free will no government can really stop it.  if the USA wants to MAKE them stay they can try AGAIN.

I've no problems at all if states want to leave. Good luck to them.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Of course not.

If your foot was gangrene,would you not remove it to save yourself?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps I didn't see it?  Are you advocating shooting politicians?  Yeah things are fucked up in this country now.  Real fucked up.  It is fixable, however, this country has had other struggles in its' history and prevailed.  This country is the largest experiment in freedom in the history of the world.  To see the so called patriots on this site calling for carving it up and destroying it because of the current political climate is disgusting and outrageous.  What makes this discussion more than just  academic mental masturbation is the fact that the treasonous head of a cult applauds it.

The "largest experiment in freedom" has been over a long time.

In my opinion,we are way past the point of fixing it.The federal government has grown to be a huge entity that has it's hands in just about every aspect of our lives.

Neither party will reduce the size and spending of gov.

Then factor in all those dependent on the gov.-almost 1/2 the population.When has this country ever had that many people sucking the tit?

Be realistic.

Would you cut your leg off if you had a broken toe?

Of course not.

If your foot was gangrene,would you not remove it to save yourself?

This is a more accurate representation of where we are sadly, Its a lot worse than a broken toe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:21:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

lol

Ron Paul teaches his lemmings that the United States was responsible for 9/11, he pushes isolationism,  Define isolationism....

and is OK with open borders...... Cite please. What is never mentioned (on purpose) is that the welfare state is to be abolished first.  Changes things doesn't it?

Paul chortling at the secession movement underscores that he doesn’t have this country’s interest at heart. .....Only the people.

and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes....... So?  If you haven't looked lately  pretty much an R vote is a D vote. When you look at long term trends and direction of the country.  Its not hard to get libertarian votes. Step one would be stop being a pussy-assed Democrat in a Republican suit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve often wondered if the Libertarian Party is a covert operation by the Communist Left.  The Democrats have already captured the liberal leaning youth, and the Libertarians appeal to the somewhat conservative middle leaning youth.    .

lol

The mainstream Republicans teaches the ignorant lemmings that it is alright to give Obama his tax increases and his additional debt.  At least that is what they have been doing since they were a majority in the House and had enough votes in the Senate to invoke cloture.

The Republicans have enabled Obama's big government agenda all along the way.  They have not stopped hardly anything Obama wanted to do when they could have on several occasions. Count me out.  If you want to vote for a party that isn't much different from the filthy ass Democrats then have it.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:23:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Barbara Tuchman wrote a book called The Proud Tower that covered the burgeoning communist movement in  Europe before the first world war.  The socialists and anarchists were on the same side.  Todays socialists are communists, todays anarchists are Libertarians.  Your smartassed "welcome to costo" comment shows your ignorance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve often wondered if the Libertarian Party is a covert operation by the Communist Left.  The Democrats have already captured the liberal leaning youth, and the Libertarians appeal to the somewhat conservative middle leaning youth.  Ron Paul teaches his lemmings that the United States was responsible for 9/11, he pushes isolationism, he seems to hate our modern military and is OK with open borders.  Paul chortling at the secession movement underscores that he doesn’t have this country’s interest at heart, and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes.

Please add "Welcome to Costco, I love you." to your sig line.

Barbara Tuchman wrote a book called The Proud Tower that covered the burgeoning communist movement in  Europe before the first world war.  The socialists and anarchists were on the same side.  Todays socialists are communists, todays anarchists are Libertarians.  Your smartassed "welcome to costo" comment shows your ignorance.

Libertarians are Anarchists.... LOL.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:28:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.  Those Ron Paul Pork-laden Bills were shameful.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:29:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Secession is not an act of overthrowing a country.  It is an act of getting out of a suicide pact or an abusive relationship.  Do you understand the difference?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:30:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

All of which supports the contention that illiteracy is still a big problem in this country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The union is not eternal. no matter how much you want it to be, and whatever rationalizations you come up with.

Once upon a time we were ruled by a person who felt his right was divine and given to him by god.

We left. and if stayed want to leave they can.

That s true freedom and it is the point if the entire country.

Does the idea scare you?

I'll have to have you give me you definition of "illiteracy"  because yours does not match mine.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Did I call for the government to shut them down?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

.......then 47 more states joined said union
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do think you meant this:

"The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,"  

.......then 47 more states joined said union

Since when did we jump to 60 states?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:32:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

lol

and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes....... So?  If you haven't looked lately  pretty much an R vote is a D vote. When you look at long term trends and direction of the country. Its not hard to get libertarian votes. Step one would be stop being a pussy-assed Democrat in a Republican suit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes....... So?  If you haven't looked lately  pretty much an R vote is a D vote. When you look at long term trends and direction of the country. Its not hard to get libertarian votes. Step one would be stop being a pussy-assed Democrat in a Republican suit.

Then why do so many of these cowards hide within the Republican party?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:33:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now but....."He should just shut his mouth quit agitating."  Sound like you would not mind if they did.  You don't like what he has to say and you want him shut down.

Tell me why are you so vehemently against the concept of secession?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:35:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol

Why don't Republican get their votes is a better question.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:38:23 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah,I think that's why he was known as Dr Yes in the House........

I don't agree with everything Ron Paul said/did,but he was a damn site better than Romney-Romney that had no problems with gun control or gov mandated healthcare.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:42:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Strike a nerve,did he?
No he didn’t “strike a nerve” his question is accusatory and condensing.  His question implies than since I don’t support Ron Paul or his secessionist movement I must be some pussy liberal that believes guns are only for hunting.
I don’t owe him or you or anybody on this site an explanation about who I am, but I’ll throw a couple of tidbits out there just to shut you and him up.  I’ve been on this site since 2001, prior to this post I have 8,413 postings.  I have 39 positive feedback, and should have many more.  I haven’t owned a hunting license in the 30 years I’ve lived in Texas.  Before I retired as a cop in a very large town in the inner city I gave many breaks for misdemeanor firearms infractions.  I can carry a gun anywhere in the country under HR 218, I’ve had a curio and relic FFL in the past and currently have an application pending for a standard FFL.
Asking my 2nd amendment stance because I don’t support this Ron Paul buffoon is deeply insulting, and I shouldn’t be dignifying the question with an answer.  

Like this-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your time.

Strike a nerve,did he?
No he didn’t “strike a nerve” his question is accusatory and condensing.  His question implies than since I don’t support Ron Paul or his secessionist movement I must be some pussy liberal that believes guns are only for hunting.
I don’t owe him or you or anybody on this site an explanation about who I am, but I’ll throw a couple of tidbits out there just to shut you and him up.  I’ve been on this site since 2001, prior to this post I have 8,413 postings.  I have 39 positive feedback, and should have many more.  I haven’t owned a hunting license in the 30 years I’ve lived in Texas.  Before I retired as a cop in a very large town in the inner city I gave many breaks for misdemeanor firearms infractions.  I can carry a gun anywhere in the country under HR 218, I’ve had a curio and relic FFL in the past and currently have an application pending for a standard FFL.
Asking my 2nd amendment stance because I don’t support this Ron Paul buffoon is deeply insulting, and I shouldn’t be dignifying the question with an answer.  

Like this-

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:43:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, unless you're ready to FO, electing somebody like Rand is at least a possible first step to get things straightened out.

Your solution is what exactly? Vote for someone who has NO CHANCE of winnning thereby insuring the continuance if not the accelleration of the status quo?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not arguing with you.Rand or Cruz might be a decent bet for some actual good change,BUT,I really don't think the establishment will let them get far.They will want Romney,or Christie,or Jeb Bush,etc.,to keep the status quo and not shake things up..........

ETA-The winning strategy part got me because they all talk shit about smaller gov. and less spending,but once they get in,all that shit flies out the door.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't agree with everything Ron Paul said/did,but he was a damn site better than Romney-Romney that had no problems with gun control or gov mandated healthcare.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking yawn.

Old news.

Who you ready to vote for now?

Or are you just here to bitch?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Strike a nerve,did he?

Like this-
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your time.

Strike a nerve,did he?

Like this-

No he didn’t “strike a nerve” his question is accusatory and condensing. His question implies than since I don’t support Ron Paul or his secessionist movement I must be some pussy liberal that believes guns are only for hunting.
I don’t owe him or you or anybody on this site an explanation about who I am, but I’ll throw a couple of tidbits out there just to shut you and him up. I’ve been on this site since 2001, prior to this post I have 8,413 postings. I have 39 positive feedback, and should have many more. I haven’t owned a hunting license in the 30 years I’ve lived in Texas. Before I retired as a cop in a very large town in the inner city I gave many breaks for misdemeanor firearms infractions. I can carry a gun anywhere in the country under HR 218, I’ve had a curio and relic FFL in the past and currently have an application pending for a standard FFL.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

no it wasn't it was found on revolution after colonialism.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US was founded on rebellion. As usual I agree entirely with Dr Paul.

Uhh, yeah. The colonies rebelled. Hence, rebellion.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes a firearm is for standing up to tyranny. Secessionists are tyrants.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:20 PM EDT
[#40]
If there's one thing thats certain, receiving congressionally approved funds for your consituents is WAYYYYY worse than banning guns and creating socialised mdicine.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Fucking yawn.

Old news.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking yawn.

Old news.

As answered above-I'll vote for someone that is actually pro gun and pro freedom-that rules out most of the Republican favorites (Christie,Romney,etc)
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:48:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They revolted against a foreign nation that did not offer them representation.  The confederates rebelled against their own country that did offer them representation.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

No he didn’t “strike a nerve” his question is accusatory and condensing. His question implies than since I don’t support Ron Paul or his secessionist movement I must be some pussy liberal that believes guns are only for hunting.
I don’t owe him or you or anybody on this site an explanation about who I am, but I’ll throw a couple of tidbits out there just to shut you and him up. I’ve been on this site since 2001, prior to this post I have 8,413 postings. I have 39 positive feedback, and should have many more. I haven’t owned a hunting license in the 30 years I’ve lived in Texas. Before I retired as a cop in a very large town in the inner city I gave many breaks for misdemeanor firearms infractions. I can carry a gun anywhere in the country under HR 218, I’ve had a curio and relic FFL in the past and currently have an application pending for a standard FFL.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strike a nerve,did he?

Like this-

My question didn't imply any of those things and Ron Paul isn't involved. I asked what, in your opinion, is the purpose of the 2nd amendment?

You avoided the question and chose to tell us stories about how you post of gun forums.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:50:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

So it's better to live under the tyranny of a federal government rather than leave?

Kinda like battered wife syndrome,don't ya think?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

George Washington was a tyrant?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

My question didn't imply any of those things and Ron Paul isn't involved. I asked what, in your opinion, is the purpose of the 2nd amendment?

You avoided the question and chose to tell us stories about how you post of gun forums.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strike a nerve,did he?

Like this-

good grief how old are you?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:51:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I'm not arguing with you.Rand or Cruz might be a decent bet for some actual good change,BUT,I really don't think the establishment will let them get far.They will want Romney,or Christie,or Jeb Bush,etc.,to keep the status quo and not shake things up..........
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure they will. That's why we have to get our guy in there. Unless you can do that, nothing else matters.

I say "our guy" should be Rand until such time as he really shows himself to be his daddy's boy or somebody better comes along.

YMMV
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:53:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He filled Bills with Pork; funding such Big Gov monstrosities as the Dept of Ed and HUD; all to get credit for bringing Pork home.Then he would vote "no" so he could get credi from the libertarian rubes who funded his pointless campaigns.

It was dishonest and hypocritical.  

As to why he should shut his mouth?

Because he's drooling and dribbling oatmeal on his pajamas, and the nurse is tired of cleaning him up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:54:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

So it's better to live under the tyranny of a federal government rather than leave?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So everybody secedes.  Then the states break up into little fiefdoms.  Then some county in Florida decides it wants to leave Florida.  Then a township within that county decides it wants to leave the county.  As your position plays out, the entire North American continent becomes small warring factions under local control.  That's Anarchy.  That's Somalia.  That's what your savior and messiah Paul supports, and you're in lock step with him.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They revolted against a foreign nation that did not offer them representation.  The confederates rebelled against their own country that did offer them representation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are aware that all of the colonists, at the time of the American Revolution, were subjects under the British crown right? It wasn't a foreign country. They were British subjects, the colonies were British colonies, paid for by the British, and protected by the British Military. I'll repeat, it was not a foreign country.
Page / 12
Top Top