BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 12
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:44:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dr Paul makes a lot of people uncomfortable.

He makes the big government Libtards and Neocons very uncomfortable.  God forbid that his idea of not spending more money than the government takes in should ever be the law of the land.

He makes the Interventionist mad because they can't stand the idea of their being a war somewhere and Americans not dying and going in debt to fight the war.  They really hate Paul for having this silly idea that the American military should be used to protect America and not to fight other people's wars for them.

He makes those people that really don't give a shit about the Constitution very uneasy.

Paul brings out the hate in many of the most despicable elements in America.
View Quote

He's still a scumbag though.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:44:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Ron Paul can't shut his mouth?

Nor can his acolytes. It's what makes them all so obnoxious.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:45:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I thought the idea of states rights (and by default the Fed was subservient to the states) was pretty much moot after those pesky southerners got whopped by the north during the civil war but what do I know.  
That the Fed power base over rides, rules or otherwise has complete control over the states (and by default, you and me) maybe should not be mistaken for a belovelant type dictatorship which we now seem to have ..................
View Quote

Holy shit, and here i though it was only raciest white southerners that knew what the civil war was really about.

Don't worries! Some one will be along shortly to tell you how wrong you are, and how your vote matters in the grand plan.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:45:28 AM EDT
[#4]
RON PAUL 2012 REVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait.......
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:04:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Ron Paul is not perfect by any means.  After all he is a politician and the nature of that beast is to be flawed.  Sometimes he is not the best at articulating his position on something.  Sometimes he even compromises on his beliefs.  

However, he does have a great message of  fiscal responsibility, adhering to the Constitution and non interventionism, which puts him head and shoulders above most of those other dimwits out there of both parties.

Whether we accept him as a leader or not this nation usually screws up pretty bad when we don't listen to him because he is one of the few voices of sanity out there.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 8:22:10 AM EDT
[#6]
The only people more annoying than Ron Paul and the Paulbots, are the people that hate RP and the Paulbots.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:28:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The only people more annoying than Ron Paul and the Paulbots, are the people that hate RP and the Paulbots.
View Quote

The real annoying people are the ones that vote for Republicans and Democrats who have put this country $18 trillion in debt, trashed the Constitution, created a massive welfare state, regulated the country out of business, rejected personal responsibility, killed thousands of service men and women in stupid interventionist wars that has nothing to do with the security of the US and pretty much fucked this country up to the point where it can't be fixed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

The real annoying people are the ones that vote for Republicans and Democrats who have put this country $18 trillion in debt, trashed the Constitution, created a massive welfare state, regulated the country out of business, rejected personal responsibility, killed thousands of service men and women in stupid interventionist wars that has nothing to do with the security of the US and pretty much fucked this country up to the point where it can't be fixed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm all aboard RP's secession crazy train.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:37:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

OP, did my question make you feel uncomfortable?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The US was founded on rebellion. As usual I agree entirely with Dr Paul.

no it wasn't it was found on revolution after colonialism.

So the states created the federal government but aren't allowed to ever leave?

Uh no what makes you think you're so superior that you can make me uncomfortable? And yes in a sense yhe states did voluntarily form a federal thst they benefit from, and aren't allowed to leave.  See White v Texas, review section 1 article 10 of the constitution
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:38:35 AM EDT
[#11]
It spins and spins and spins.....

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 9:41:58 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Uh no what makes you think you're so superior that you can make me uncomfortable? And yes in a sense yhe states did voluntarily form a federal thst they benefit from, and aren't allowed to leave.  See White v Texas, review section 1 article 10 of the constitution
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because you ignored it for 2 pages.

Our founders were told that as well, they shot their tyrants. I'm sure a loyalist like you would've been calling for their treasonous heads.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:15:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Our founders were told that as well, they shot their tyrants. I'm sure a loyalist like you would've been calling for their treasonous heads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perhaps I didn't see it?  Are you advocating shooting politicians?  Yeah things are fucked up in this country now.  Real fucked up.  It is fixable, however, this country has had other struggles in its' history and prevailed.  This country is the largest experiment in freedom in the history of the world.  To see the so called patriots on this site calling for carving it up and destroying it because of the current political climate is disgusting and outrageous.  What makes this discussion more than just  academic mental masturbation is the fact that the treasonous head of a cult applauds it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:30:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:36:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your parents?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:38:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

So your parents?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your parents?

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:45:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Perhaps I didn't see it?  Are you advocating shooting politicians?  Yeah things are fucked up in this country now.  Real fucked up.  It is fixable, however, this country has had other struggles in its' history and prevailed.  This country is the largest experiment in freedom in the history of the world.  To see the so called patriots on this site calling for carving it up and destroying it because of the current political climate is disgusting and outrageous.  What makes this discussion more than just  academic mental masturbation is the fact that the treasonous head of a cult applauds it.
View Quote

The "largest experiment in freedom" has been over a long time.

In my opinion,we are way past the point of fixing it.The federal government has grown to be a huge entity that has it's hands in just about every aspect of our lives.

Neither party will reduce the size and spending of gov.

Then factor in all those dependent on the gov.-almost 1/2 the population.When has this country ever had that many people sucking the tit?

Be realistic.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:45:53 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

There are 410,943 registered members and 309,815 are active accounts.

40% of 309,815 = 123,926

Did your poll have 123,926 votes in favor of background checks?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As above, you guys lying about the members of this site is disgusting in the extreme and certainly not winning you any converts to your kook cult.

You're adorable.

What am I supposed to be looking at?  You people spouting the same nonsense over and over and over and over?  

It's a shame the site doesn't archive the actual polls, but the thread speaks for itself.

40% of 309,815 = 123,926

Depends on the confidence level you want in your statement. A 90% confidence requires around 50 entries, IIRC. 85% confidence is around 30 entries. Both given a truly random sample and kept within context.

You don't need to include every possible entry in a sample to make a mathematically sound statement.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:48:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your parents?

He's right,but needs to include every previous generation (and ours).

Every time you cede a tiny bit to the gov.,they take it and run,and expand the shit out of it.

It's like the blob,expanding every year..................
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:51:12 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

In my opinion,we are way past the point of fixing it.The federal government has grown to be a huge entity that has it's hands in just about every aspect of our lives.

Then factor in all those dependent on the gov.-almost 1/2 the population.When has this country ever had that many people sucking the tit?

Be realistic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

So your parents?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So your parents?

A lot of us made the mistake of once thinking that the Republicans were not Progressives.  However, some of us had the common sense to pull our heads out of our asses at some point in our lives.  Others not so much so.

As flawed and imperfect as he is Ron Paul represents the small number of Americans that understand that neither Republicans or Democrats are going to fix what is really wrong with this country because at the end of the day there is not much difference between the two parties.  They both are parties of big government
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:57:46 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

This was about whether the states could ever leave the federal government that they created. In the event the federal government became tyrannical, it would be the duty of the state to succeed from that tyrannical government. And if they were met with force, it would be their duty to protect their citizen's natural rights with force.

Read federalist paper No. 46.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:58:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Be realistic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

Would you cut your leg off if you had a broken toe?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 10:59:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Lol what?

This was about whether the states could ever leave the federal government that they created. In the event the federal government became tyrannical, it would be the duty of the state to succeed from that tyrannical government. And if they were met with force, it would be their duty to protect their citizen's natural rights with force.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:00:11 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

Of course not.

If your foot was gangrene,would you not remove it to save yourself?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:03:35 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I’ve often wondered if the Libertarian Party is a covert operation by the Communist Left.  The Democrats have already captured the liberal leaning youth, and the Libertarians appeal to the somewhat conservative middle leaning youth.  Ron Paul teaches his lemmings that the United States was responsible for 9/11, he pushes isolationism, he seems to hate our modern military and is OK with open borders.  Paul chortling at the secession movement underscores that he doesn’t have this country’s interest at heart, and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes.
View Quote

Please add "Welcome to Costco, I love you." to your sig line.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Be realistic.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

The "experiment" was probably over shortly after it was started.  Just think, George Washington used the force of the Federal government to put down a tax revolt when our revolution had a foundation in a tax revolt.  Not long after the country was created and the signers of the Declaration of Independence warned against foreign intervention we started a stupid war and went off to invade another country and almost got our asses whipped.

Our form of government was pretty much doomed from the beginning because the government always had the power.  As an example just think that we suppose to believe in freedom of religion but yet our government sent Federal troops to go after the Mormons.

Our Constitution either allowed this mess we are in now or else failed to prevent it so at the end of the day it is hardly worth the paper it is written on.  Leaders of every political party in our history has ignored the Bill of Rights as they saw fit.  As an example if you don't believe me just ask the hundreds of thousands of Japanese Americans that were sent to concentration camps or the ten thousand German/Italian Americans during WWII.

Voting for anybody that believes in big government (and that includes most Republicans) isn't going to fix anything.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:08:29 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
He reaches out to Brown Univ. and other bastions of Liberal thought and actually makes some headway.

The man is putting together a coalition that can get him over the considerable humps of the old guard GOP, all the Lefties and the MSN.

Chess on multiple levels.
View Quote

I've heard this 'Rand is great at reaching out to Blacks and young liberals' line before and find it interesting.

Is the implication that Rand will win in the primaries by attracting non-traditional GOP voters into the process (sort of like how Thad Cochran finally turned back McDaniels by seeking out the votes of Black Dems)?  

The whole thing strikes me as odd, considering how offended 'libertarians' get when you point out their similarities with the traditional Left.  Really, reaching out to Blacks and Ivy League Leftists is how fiscal conservatives and small government activists are going to take back America?  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:09:07 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Depends on the confidence level you want in your statement. A 90% confidence requires around 50 entries, IIRC. 85% confidence is around 30 entries. Both given a truly random sample and kept within context.

You don't need to include every possible entry in a sample to make a mathematically sound statement.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

40% of 309,815 = 123,926

... You can't possibly be serious?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:09:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Read Texas v White.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.

That stupid ass ruling was made by a former Lincoln cabinet member after the Civil War.  It is one of the worse and most flawed rulings ever made made by the Supreme Court.  However, it doesn't mean jackshit because if a state is going to secede it is not going to recognize the silly court rulings of a foreign country.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:11:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
"United" States of America.
View Quote

The correct term is THESE United States of America.
Not THE United States of America.  

And as usual, Dr. Paul has it right on.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve often wondered if the Libertarian Party is a covert operation by the Communist Left.  The Democrats have already captured the liberal leaning youth, and the Libertarians appeal to the somewhat conservative middle leaning youth.  Ron Paul teaches his lemmings that the United States was responsible for 9/11, he pushes isolationism, he seems to hate our modern military and is OK with open borders.  Paul chortling at the secession movement underscores that he doesn’t have this country’s interest at heart, and Paul has to know that every vote for  a Libertarian drains mainly Republican votes.

Barbara Tuchman wrote a book called The Proud Tower that covered the burgeoning communist movement in  Europe before the first world war.  The socialists and anarchists were on the same side.  Todays socialists are communists, todays anarchists are Libertarians.  Your smartassed "welcome to costo" comment shows your ignorance.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:17:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The "experiment" was probably over shortly after it was started.  Just think, George Washington used the force of the Federal government to put down a tax revolt when our revolution had a foundation in a tax revolt.  Not long after the country was created and the signers of the Declaration of Independence warned against foreign intervention we started a stupid war and went off to invade another country and almost got our asses whipped.

Our form of government was pretty much doomed from the beginning because the government always had the power.  As an example just think that we suppose to believe in freedom of religion but yet our government sent Federal troops to go after the Mormons.

Our Constitution either allowed this mess we are in now or else failed to prevent it so at the end of the day it is hardly worth the paper it is written on.  Leaders of every political party in our history has ignored the Bill of Rights as they saw fit.  As an example if you don't believe me just ask the hundreds of thousands of Japanese Americans that were sent to concentration camps or the ten thousand German/Italian Americans during WWII.

Voting for anybody that believes in big government (and that includes most Republicans) isn't going to fix anything.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

Ever read "The Probablity Broach"?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

Please explain this analogy.  Because if you think 19 Trillion in debt, neither side willing to budge or reduce the size of government, and over half the country dependent on entitlement programs is a broken toe Ive got a bridge to sell you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:18:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

That stupid ass ruling was made by a former Lincoln cabinet member after the Civil War.  It is one of the worse and most flawed rulings ever made made by the Supreme Court.  However, it doesn't mean jackshit because if a state is going to secede it is not going to recognize the silly court rulings of a foreign country.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.

Did a Lincoln cabinet member write Article 1 section 10 of the US Constitution?  You're right, any piece of shit that advocates overthrowing the country doesn't respect the rule of law in the first place.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Read Texas v White.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.

You mean the government that just fought a war against half it's states wouldn't allow them to leave voluntary. Here's my shocked face:

Lets say Texas wanted to succeed today, you're okay with Obama sending troops down there to fight the Texas National Guard? How many hundred of thousands of Americans should our government kill this time to make you feel good about your union?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Please explain this analogy.  Because if you think 19 Trillion in debt, neither side willing to budge or reduce the size of government, and over half the country dependent on entitlement programs is a broken toe Ive got a bridge to sell you.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Be realistic.

and that's not fixable?  Just destroy what's left of the country because of these issues?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:22:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

You mean the government that just fought a war against half it's states wouldn't allow them to leave voluntary. Here's my shocked face:

Lets say Texas wanted to succeed today, you're okay with Obama sending troops down there to fight the Texas National Guard? How many hundred of thousands of Americans should our government kill this time to make you feel good about your union?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.

What makes you think the Texas National Guard would support secession?  If "Americans" are being killed trying to divide and destroy their country, they ain't "Americans."
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
.......then 47 more states joined said union
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I do think you meant this:

"The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,"  

Never mind
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:23:55 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
So , we have 60 states?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I do think you meant this:

"The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America,"  

So , we have 60 states?  

typo get over it
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:25:40 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

and that's not fixable?  Just destroy what's left of the country because of these issues?
View Quote

Did I say that?  Youre shitting on a guy whos plan to fix debt would take over ten years to right the ship.  What currently are our options?  Open your eyes, this isnt something a few voting cycles will remedy.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#42]
OP, in your opinion, what is the purpose of the 2nd amendment?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:32:48 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.

That is the one question that the big government people (Progressives) will always fail to answer.

Lincoln sent troops to kill Americans and destroy American cities over the issue of secession because he was too weak to deal with it on a political basis.

If another state were to secede the Union nowadays I would not want this filthy government of ours to kill Americans over it.  It would be immoral.

If any state wants to secede then they should have the freedom to do so and they should not be killed over it.  After all this Union should not be a suicide pact.  It is not the fucking Mafia where once you join you have to stay in.  If Texas or anybody else feels it is in their best interest to quit this Union then God bless them and I wish them well.  I sure as hell do not want any of my tax money money to be used for military action to kill them.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:48:14 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow, gee, I don't know let me give that some thought..... WTF?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That is the one question that the big government people (Progressives) will always fail to answer.

Lincoln sent troops to kill Americans and destroy American cities over the issue of secession because he was too weak to deal with it on a political basis.

If another state were to secede the Union nowadays I would not want this filthy government of ours to kill Americans over it.  It would be immoral.

If any state wants to secede then they should have the freedom to do so and they should not be killed over it.  After all this Union should not be a suicide pact.  It is not the fucking Mafia where once you join you have to stay in.  If Texas or anybody else feels it is in their best interest to quit this Union then God bless them and I wish them well.  I sure as hell do not want any of my tax money money to be used for military action to kill them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

Read Texas v White.

How does one secede from America and yet still remain an American?
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:52:45 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
How does one secede from America and yet still remain an American?
View Quote

Please don't be serious...

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 11:53:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Take your time.

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:08:26 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which are the very people who hate Ron Paul.
Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:10:43 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Say "hunting"!

Link Posted: 10/1/2014 12:15:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Lol what?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol what?

This.  The union is not eternal. no matter how much you want it to be, and whatever rationalizations you come up with.

Once upon a time we were ruled by a person who felt his right was divine and given to him by god.

We left. and if states wants to leave now they can.  

That is true freedom and it is the point if the entire country.

Does the idea scare you?
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top