Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:35:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I just hope they keep it together this year.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not a hater at all I like Tony I'm just saying in reference to your one post about comeback wins, I'm sure 9 out of 10 cowboys fans would prefer making the playoffs over a couple 4th quarter comebacks in Sept./Oct.  Who cares about 4th quarter comebacks?  I'm sure that's not the measure of success for Dallas fans.  I don't see how you can call a guy clutch if he never makes the playoffs, let alone wins a postseason game.[/span]<--------- Does not make me a hater, Go Tony!!!!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
I'm not a hater at all I like Tony I'm just saying in reference to your one post about comeback wins, I'm sure 9 out of 10 cowboys fans would prefer making the playoffs over a couple 4th quarter comebacks in Sept./Oct.  Who cares about 4th quarter comebacks?  I'm sure that's not the measure of success for Dallas fans.  I don't see how you can call a guy clutch if he never makes the playoffs, let alone wins a postseason game.[/span]<--------- Does not make me a hater, Go Tony!!!!

Of course Cowboys fans would rather have postseason success.  That doesn't mean all those comebacks with an average (at best) team can be dismissed as irreverent.

When he chokes in regular season games haters go on and on about it.  Yet when he has a great comeback in the regular season haters dismiss it because it's not "when it matters."

Like I said:
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:[/span]
Where's all them Romo haters?    

The classic excuse is "wait until December" as a way to completely disregard anything good he does.

Apparently the bad stuff counts before December.  The good stuff doesn't.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:40:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Of course Cowboys fans would rather have postseason success.  That doesn't mean all those comebacks with an average (at best) team can be dismissed as irreverent.

When he chokes in regular season games haters go on and on about it.  Yet when he has a great comeback in the regular season haters dismiss it because it's not "when it matters."

Like I said:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said:

The classic excuse is "wait until December" as a way to completely disregard anything good he does.

Thank you, that's all I'm saying.  So what are you saying about your guy?  That he's what, great?  Above average?  Are you looking for some sort of validation?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

So the other 10 games  don't matter? You can win all of your division games and still not make the playoffs if you lose the rest while the rest of the division does better than 6-10.

Simply put, the team has had shit for a running game, offensive line, and defense for the last few years. Yet each year, they had a shot at the playoffs even though the team shouldn't have even been in consideration. Without Romo and the receivers we would have had half the wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since he became a starter Romo has more game winning drives in the 4th quarter/OT than any other QB.

In the past 3 seasons no QB has more 4th quarter/OT comeback wins than Romo.

Kind of strange facts for a guy that supposedly always chokes under pressure.

Not strange at all because those facts don't matter at all.  All that matters is postseason success.  He always chokes when it matters.  That's why he's such a lightning rod for criticism.

Lol. Yeah, taking a team that has no business even thinking about the playoffs and keeping them competitive every single year is "choking", I guess.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

They have no business thinking about the playoffs?  In the worst division in football over the last couple seasons?  In the only division in football without a single postseason win over the last two years?  You do realize it's been called the NFC Least for several years right?  And haven't had a repeat conference champ in a decade?  What juggernaut do the Cowboys keep facing in their own division that would leave them unable to even think about making the playoffs?

So the other 10 games  don't matter? You can win all of your division games and still not make the playoffs if you lose the rest while the rest of the division does better than 6-10.

Simply put, the team has had shit for a running game, offensive line, and defense for the last few years. Yet each year, they had a shot at the playoffs even though the team shouldn't have even been in consideration. Without Romo and the receivers we would have had half the wins.

Of course the other games matter my point was the NFC East is winnable every year.  It's not like it's Oakland with Denver and San Diego to get by or (until very recently) Cleveland trying to topple Baltimore Pittsburgh and Cincy.  The NFC East has been a terrible division the last few years.  Thank your stars you're not in the NFC West lately.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:48:31 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just hope they keep it together this year.
View Quote

this.  still a lot of season left--plenty of time for them to relax and eat the cheese.

although i don't think they're going to get complacent--i think any falloff in production will be due to injury or the defensive talent deficiency getting exposed.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Thank you, that's all I'm saying.  So what are you saying about your guy?  That he's what, great?  Above average?  Are you looking for some sort of validation?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[span style='color: red;']Of course Cowboys fans would rather have postseason success.[/span]  That doesn't mean all those comebacks with an average (at best) team can be dismissed as irreverent.

Like I said:

I actually edited out "what kind of dumbass obvious statement is that" because I didn't want to get drawn into a lengthy Romo-hater argument where facts and statistics take a backseat to emotion, but judging by your latest post I probably should have left it in there.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:53:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

let's see--consistently bad defense, consistently terrible run game, consistently porous offensive line, bad team structure, salary cap problems, and revolving door assistant coaching staff.

either jerry is a personnel genius who makes superb decisions...and romo fucks everything up, or romo is a fantastic QB who masks all the shortcomings of jerry's approach.

you're basically saying that jerry is a top-quality GM.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Since he became a starter Romo has more game winning drives in the 4th quarter/OT than any other QB.

In the past 3 seasons no QB has more 4th quarter/OT comeback wins than Romo.

Kind of strange facts for a guy that supposedly always chokes under pressure.

Not strange at all because those facts don't matter at all.  All that matters is postseason success.  He always chokes when it matters.  That's why he's such a lightning rod for criticism.

Lol. Yeah, taking a team that has no business even thinking about the playoffs and keeping them competitive every single year is "choking", I guess.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

They have no business thinking about the playoffs?  In the worst division in football over the last couple seasons?  In the only division in football without a single postseason win over the last two years?  You do realize it's been called the NFC Least for several years right?  And haven't had a repeat conference champ in a decade?  What juggernaut do the Cowboys keep facing in their own division that would leave them unable to even think about making the playoffs?

let's see--consistently bad defense, consistently terrible run game, consistently porous offensive line, bad team structure, salary cap problems, and revolving door assistant coaching staff.

either jerry is a personnel genius who makes superb decisions...and romo fucks everything up, or romo is a fantastic QB who masks all the shortcomings of jerry's approach.

you're basically saying that jerry is a top-quality GM.

Jerry Jones is the problem for sure but no I'm saying the Cowboys have been a mediocre team since Romo took over and he's a mediocre QB as well.  I don't really pay attention to the NFC at all but every January when the playoffs gear up I see the footage of Romo throwing the INT to lose the game that would have sent them to the playoffs.  Then I watch Brady pad his win count.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:57:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I actually edited out "what kind of dumbass obvious statement is that" because I didn't want to get drawn into a lengthy Romo-hater argument where facts and statistics take a backseat to emotion, but judging by your latest post I probably should have left it in there.
View Quote

I have no emotional attachment I couldn't care less about the NFC.  What stats are you talking about?  He's 1-6 in the playoffs, but he has more 4th Q comebacks than any other QB in the last 3 years so he's a great QB?  I'm not being a dick, don't be a dick let's discuss football.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:01:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Jerry Jones is the problem for sure but no I'm saying the Cowboys have been a mediocre team since Romo took over and he's a mediocre QB as well.  I don't really pay attention to the NFC at all but every January when the playoffs gear up I see the footage of Romo throwing the INT to lose the game that would have sent them to the playoffs.  Then I watch Brady pad his win count.
View Quote

Romo is not mediocre by any means. He moves better than most QBs even after back surgery, escapes sacks like its no ones business, and has repeatedly shown that he can drive the team down the field when it's coming down to the end.

What you see "every January" is Romo carrying an entire team on his back because before this season, they couldn't do jack shit. Defense might as well have let the opposing teams score on every possession. In all of the 2013 season, we had 6 100 yard rushing games. We have that (almost 900 yards, actually) in the first 6 games of the season this year. There was no offensive line to speak of last year. The entire team is much better this season and Romo is having an excellent season because he's not carrying everyone. You'll probably continue about "January" this "January" that though.

Never mind stats.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:02:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have no emotional attachment I couldn't care less about the NFC.  What stats are you talking about?  He's 1-6 in the playoffs, but he has more 4th Q comebacks than any other QB in the last 3 years so he's a great QB?  I'm not being a dick, don't be a dick let's discuss football.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Point out where I said he was a great QB.  Go on, I'll wait.

Like I said: haters trash him for the bad he does in the regular season and then shit on the good he does in the regular season because it's not the postseason.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Like I said: haters trash him for the bad he does in the regular season and then shit on the good he does in the regular season because it's not the postseason.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm asking if you think that he is great.  I didn't say you called him great.  I'm trying to figure out what your saying about him.  He's great?  Elite?  Average?  Your getting defensive like you are talking with someone who hates the Cowboys, I remember the Pats played them in '07 and beat them by 3 or 4 TDs but thats about it.  You don't appreciate anyone speaking ill of Tony?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:16:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Romo is not mediocre by any means. He moves better than most QBs even after back surgery, escapes sacks like its no ones business, and has repeatedly shown that he can drive the team down the field when it's coming down to the end.

What you see "every January" is Romo carrying an entire team on his back because before this season, they couldn't do jack shit. Defense might as well have let the opposing teams score on every possession. In all of the 2013 season, we had 6 100 yard rushing games. We have that (almost 900 yards, actually) in the first 6 games of the season this year. There was no offensive line to speak of last year. The entire team is much better this season and Romo is having an excellent season because he's not carrying everyone. You'll probably continue about "January" this "January" that though.

Never mind stats.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Never mind stats.

Well what stats are you referring to?
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:28:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm asking if you think that he is great.  I didn't say you called him great.  I'm trying to figure out what your saying about him.  He's great?  Elite?  Average?  Your getting defensive like you are talking with someone who hates the Cowboys, I remember the Pats played them in '07 and beat them by 3 or 4 TDs but thats about it.  You don't appreciate anyone speaking ill of Tony?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the only great QB's are P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees.  I think Romo is in the next tier of "very good" QBs.

Someone says something positive about Romo and you shit all over it because "it's not the postseason" and, as all haters know, the bad Romo does in the regular season counts, but the good he does in the regular season doesn't count. Doesn't seem like anyone is getting defensive.  Just people like sirensong calling you on your bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:34:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Dallas fan here. That ball was intended for Witten, Tony got lucky.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:37:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

NFL teams were 1-55 (IIRC) on 3rd downs with 20 or more yards to gain.

Anytime you convert on a 3rd and 20+ against the #1 defense there is going to be some luck involved.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:45:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I think the only great QB's are P. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, and Brees.  I think Romo is in the next tier of "very good" QBs.

Someone says something positive about Romo and you shit all over it because "it's not the postseason" and, as all haters know, the bad Romo does in the regular season counts, but the good he does in the regular season doesn't count. Doesn't seem like anyone is getting defensive.  Just people like sirensong calling you on your bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah ok now I see I went back and read my post, you didn't like that I dismissed his 4th Q comebacks stat.  I don't think me saying "big deal" is shitting all over him, it's not like I said he fucking sucks and pointed out every time he blew the last game of the season.  Spoiled Pats fan, it's just not a big deal I guess, Cowboys have been 8-8 last three seasons what's to get excited about?  If me saying he's 1-6 postseason is BS then fine I got called on it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:49:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Brees is looking pretty average this season, likewise Aaron Rogers, Brady (who put up huge numbers this week) got benched for poor play...

Eli has 2 Super Bowl rings, but would any thinking person prefer him to Romo?  Hell no.

Romo is a damned good quarterback. On a team not managed by Jerry Jones he might have been a great QB... Unfortunately, we'll never know.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 3:44:19 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

View Quote

except that if you watch, he was tracking and directing williams all the way across the coverage.

but yeah...he might have been throwing to witten while watching williams.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Ah ok now I see I went back and read my post, you didn't like that I dismissed his 4th Q comebacks stat.  I don't think me saying "big deal" is shitting all over him, it's not like I said he fucking sucks and pointed out every time he blew the last game of the season.  Spoiled Pats fan, it's just not a big deal I guess, Cowboys have been 8-8 last three seasons what's to get excited about?  If me saying he's 1-6 postseason is BS then fine I got called on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I made a post (to no one in particular) that simply pointed out that in the past 3 seasons no QB has more 4th quarter/OT comeback wins than Romo and you replied with "those facts don't matter at all."

Haters like you always want to completely dismiss everything good he does and only focus on the negative even if the positive far outweighs the negative.  I feel sorry for people like you.  You hate other players more than you like your own.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 9:12:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

except that if you watch, he was tracking and directing williams all the way across the coverage.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Williams said he didn't really know he just as he was taught by sez if the ball is in the air it's yours so he went after it. I think he as targeting Williams.
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top